Western National Insurance Group that has provided insurance options to their customers for over a century. They are a private mutual insurance company with roots as a St. Paul-based fire insurance company for Minnesota’s creameries and cheese factories. Today, the company is a super-regional insurance company for individuals, families, and businesses all over various regions in the United States. Insurance policies are distributed exclusively through independent insurance agents.
- Service features
- Coverage options
- Free quote
With a Western National personal auto products, customers will be able to take advantage of a number of benefits (at no additional charge) with their policy. Service features for all customers include: penalty-free promise, common loss deductible, customizing coverage plans, pet insurance, temporary transportation expense, car seat replacement services, and collision with another Western National customer.
In an effort to make monthly costs and premiums more affordable, Western National offers a number of discounts to their customers. If a customer is proven to meet all requirements of the discount, it will be applied. Available discounts include: anti-theft devices in vehicles, company car, customer loyalty, defensive driving, good student, more than one policy, more than one vehicle insured, and young driver/families discount.
Personal auto insurance coverages will vary depending on the individual needs of specific drivers. There are also limits and requirements that come down from specific states. To accommodate individuals and state requirements, Western National offers the following coverage options: bodily injury liability, property damage liability, personal injury protection (no fault), medical payments, uninsured and underinsured motorists, collision coverage, comprehensive (other than collision) coverage, audio/visual/data electronic equipment, auto loan/lease coverage, full glass coverage, new vehicle replacement cost coverage, rental reimbursement, roadside assistance, towing and labor, and trip interruption coverage.
Obtaining a free quote will provide prospective customers with a more accurate idea of what Western National insurance will cost. Since Western National utilizes independent insurance agents, quotes will need to be obtained through them. They can provide information regarding choices for coverage and pricing as well as answer questions regarding their claim situation.
- Undisclosed prices
Some insurance providers will disclose price ranges or monthly averages for clients to help during the research process. However, Western National does not provide these types of figures publicly. Those who want to more about the costs will need to obtain a free quote to find out exactly what the premiums and associated costs will be.
While a large insurance provider, Western National does not provide their services in all fifty United States. Those who do not live in one of their operating states will not be able to purchase an auto policy through Western National. States where Western National is sold include: Alaska, Washington, Idaho, California, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Oregon, Nevada, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, and Massachusetts.
Types of Coverage
Through the personal auto insurance products, Western National customers will be able to obtain customized and compressive coverage. Insurance requirements do vary by state, but Western National can satisfy those needs. Coverage types include:
- Bodily injury liability
- Property damage liability
- Personal injury protection (no fault)
- Medical payment
- Uninsured and underinsured motorists
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive (other than collision) coverage
- Audio, visual, and data electronic equipment
- Auto loan/lease coverage
- Full glass coverage
- New vehicle replacement cost coverage
- Rental reimbursement (transportation expenses)
- Roadside assistance
- Towing and labor
- Trip interruption
If all requirements are met, Western National customers will be able to take advantage of a number of discounts. These discounts can help customers save on their premium and make auto insurance even more affordable. Available discounts include:
- Anti-theft devices in vehicles: may be eligible for a discount if your vehicle is equipped with an anti-theft device installed by the manufacturer or an authorized dealer.
- Company car: gives you the same dollar value discount as either our Multi-Car Discount or our Family Discount when neither of these apply.
- Customer loyalty: policyholders can now receive a discount on their Personal Auto policies, starting on their first renewal.
- Defensive driving: if you are a driver age 55 and over and have successfully completed a defensive driving course, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good student: good grades equals savings.
- More than one policy: we offer discounts (depending on your state of residence) when eligible Personal Auto and Homeowner coverage are written under the same account.
- More than one vehicle insured: available or each car for policies covering two or more cars with liability coverage.* Our rating factor for this discount applies on a per-car basis.
- Young driver/families: get a discount comparable to the multi-car discount even if the cars owned by your family members are written under a different Western National policy.