VidAngel launched to help families enjoy shows through eliminating questionable content. The technology allows customers to choose what they want to see or hear when watching streamed television. VidAngel's slogan is, "Watch however the bleep you want". The company was involved in a legal battle in 2016, but became reactive to change their focus on providing filtering services for streaming television instead of movies.

#1 Netflix chevron_right
#2 Amazon Prime chevron_right
#3 YouTube chevron_right

The Good

• Personalized Filtering Options
  • Available On Multiple Devices
  • Free Trial
  • No Contract

Unique Filtering/Parental Controls

VidAngel provides customers a wide variety of options to filter their streamed shows. Customers can filter violence, language, gore, sexual themes, etc. This gives customers the option to tailor shows to the audience they are watching with. Parents can now watch with their children without worrying about questionable content.

Compatible with Several Streaming Devices

Customers can use Vidangel's services through several different devices. VidAngel does not favor specific platforms and supports Apple and Google devices. Customers can stream content on a web browser, the VidAngel App, Android devices, Chromecast, Apple Devices, Apple TV, Roku, Smart TVs, Amazon FireTV, etc.

Free Trial

The company allows new users to try their service for one free month before charging them $7.99 a month.

No Contract

VidAngel allows their users to cancel their service at any time. This provides users with freedom from a constricting contract and gives users the option to leave for any reason at any time.

The Bad

• Reputation
  • Limited Streaming Library

Reputation

VidAngel doesn't have the best public image due to their lengthy legal battle. VidAngel shut down and ceased operations in Dec. 2016 and was reactivated in June 2017 with a new focus on streaming television. This shut down led to a lower reputation quality in the public eye. Since the reactivation, VidAngel has been working to revamp their customer loyalty base and build user trust.

Limited Streaming Library

VidAngel offers a tiny library of content included with your subscription. However, if you'd like to filter a movie or show not already on VidAngel, you must connect another streaming service such as Netflix, HBO, or Amazon Prime.

The Bottom Line

For those who want to enjoy content without all of the swearing and other questionable material, VidAngel is an excellent service to utilize. VidAngel provides an easy way for families or children to filter out harsh language, violence, sexual themes, etc.  And customers are able to watch VidAngel through a wide variety of streaming devices at an affordable price.

jada wood

April 10th, 2020 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use it with my husband every day! We love not having to worry about explicit content, a small price to pay for all of the movies we can now feel good watching together. I am appalled at Disney. Maybe if they hadn’t sued vidangel for upwards of 60 million there wouldn’t be any glitches to worry about. But they are quick to fix them as they come and quick to respond with any concerns over email.

Kim McMillan

April 7th, 2020 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like that we can filter movies BUT the streaming keep stopping in the middle of movie! Also, I keep getting billed twice in two months and no way can I contact them. NO number! Don’t subscribe!

Diana

March 22nd, 2020 Crawfordville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I liked it until it keeps telling me I dont have an Amazon account to link to :(

Ellie

March 19th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a great program for kids who may not be able to watch every movie with the family. You can filter to see just what you want to. I love this.

Kogan Powell

March 18th, 2020 West Valley City, UT

I love it that there's still professional streaming organizations that care about filtering content. Very controllable and easy to use so you can take out specifically what you don't want.

Olivia Norton

March 16th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

I love vidangel!! Because you can filter movies and tv shows I can now watch things that I wasn’t comfortable watching before!!

Cassidy Wakefield

March 13th, 2020 Tucson, AZ

VidAngel allows me to watch any movie I want how I want to watch it. It will take out anything I don’t want to see and I love that.

Emily Norton

March 12th, 2020 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great filtering service. You can choose exactly what you want to take out of the movies. There are quite a few movie options, wish there were more.

Janan Grange

March 9th, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been customers of VidAngel for the past few years. As a parent I appreciate that I get to decide what is in the shows/movies that my kids can watch. For myself, I have actually been able to watch shows that I had wanted to watch but weren't exactly what I felt comfortable watching. I have LOVED vidAngel

SamO

March 3rd, 2020 Brigham City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

VidAngel does a good job of filtering out the content I don't want in my media. I really agree with the idea of this company. I appreciate and have used it before.

kaylee

March 3rd, 2020 Tremonton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Vidangel is awesome. You can choose the filters to apply to your shows, making it however appropriate you want. They just mute when there’s swearing if you have that setting on. It connects well if you have fast internet.

Nick Hansen

February 27th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What a great company! Wish there were more movie producers and studios that shared their desire to give customers the ability to filter out unwanted garbage.

David T

February 25th, 2020 Magna, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

VidAngel is cool. It allows my kids to watch shows that might have been bad for them to watch before.

JR Suguturaga

February 25th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the offering but the editing process was very tedious and it took some more time than I thought it was worth to watch a clean edit movie.

Kallie Chappell

February 21st, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT

I love vid angle because it gives me an opportunity to watch stuff with out all the crap.

June Cazier

February 21st, 2020 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

VidAngel is so nice. Getting the movies pre-edited is fantastic, especially for kids and teenagers, but adults can totally benefit from it as well. Most of the time, the editing is pretty good.

Nicholas Cloward

February 21st, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Used to be great! Too many issues with legal battles. That’s too bad it’s like that. Wish they were just left to do their job. Good concept

Nichole Hiatt

February 20th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I liked VidAngel purely for the filtering purposes. It was so nice to know I could watch a movie with my kids and be able to filter out what I didn't feel they needed to hear/see.

Audrey Mitchell

February 20th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Vidangel is great because you can watch movies for free! It blew my mind the wide variety of shows available and the quality of the movie is great

Hallieford

February 19th, 2020 Arlington, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love vidangel to be able to edit out the swear words and sex scenes. Now we can watch movies without seeing uncomfortable.

Lindsey Newman

February 13th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

VidAngel opened the door to SO much in the film world that I would have never watched otherwise because of my personal comfort levels. It was amazing to be able to filter out specific content and tailor a show to my exact needs while still getting to enjoy films that I wouldn't watch otherwise. I would use it ALL the time.

Danielle Parry

February 12th, 2020 Wylie, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great content. No issues with streaming. Love that I can edit any program to my specifications.

Kiana Chatfield

February 11th, 2020 Grass Valley, CA

Great for using when kids are wanting to watch movies. I can cut out anything and everything.

Christine Comstock

February 7th, 2020 Bountiful, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This has definitely been my very favorite streaming service! It allows me to watch so much more without all the garbage I’d rather not let into my home. Love, love, LOVE Vidangel!!

Mhorne182

February 6th, 2020 West Valley City, UT

Lame product. Watch the movie as intended or don’t bother. People should not be so prude and watch a movie if they want to watch a movie. Swear words aren’t hurting anybody. If you don’t like nudity, don’t watch those movies. Violence, same.

Darbles32

February 3rd, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Vidangel is awesome because it allows me to watch movies that everyone else is watching without having to hear the cussing

Bryndie

January 30th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think VidAngel is genius. It makes family movie night so nice. Easy to compromise on a movie that adults want to watch but would be inappropriate for young kids. Now everyone gets to enjoy it!

Justin McMurtrey

January 29th, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used VidAngel for a long time. We used it more so we could edit content for our kids. When they moved away for that for awhile, I don’t think they had a great service or a good value.

Andrew

January 28th, 2020 Reynoldsburg, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Am I the only one going through this????? I am having a hard time stopping the charge on my account in the amount of $9.99 I canceled my subscription in November of 2019 and here in January 2020 I am still being charged. I’ve tried reaching out to a Vidangel representative but have had no luck. If you don’t have a lot of money to just give away DON’T SIGN UP I’m $30 in the hole for something I no longer want.

Erin Farnsworth

January 27th, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We love vidangel. We have enjoyed many movies by cutting our one scene or offensive curse words. The levels of censoring are SO specific. They describe each potentially offensive scene and you can chose which to eliminate for yourself. The only time I don’t enjoy it, is when there are so many curse words in a movie that it pieces up the movie and takes away the cohesion of the film. But if that is the case, it’s probably not that great of a film anyways. I would recommend it you are a big movie watcher but don’t appreciate unnecessary sex scenes, language, or violence. We enjoying using it through our roku.

Clayton Parry

January 27th, 2020 Mesquite, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We absolutely love VidAngel. We were able to watch Game of Thrones completely edited.

Myra Howes

January 10th, 2020 Provo, UT

I used to love VidAngel! I used it a lot a few years ago before there was the whole legal fiasco. I love that it provided popular movies for us to watch but that we could edit out what we wanted. I loved that you could specify the kinds of things you wanted edited out as well. Genius!

Jacob

January 7th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

VidAngel was awesome! I loved being able to make the movies I watched cleaner and safer for viewing audiences like friends and family. It was very friendly to use as well and cheap.

Beth Christensen

January 3rd, 2020 Provo, UT

My family watched the entirety of Game of Thrones on VidAngel! Family as in: two slightly squeamish parents, two boys a little too young for the content, and those of us who really wanted to share it with everyone! :) It has a great filter system, literally telling you everything you need to know in each movie or episode that you might want to filter out. They're even great about keeping spoilers vague. Well worth the price!

Kylie Howes

December 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a very cool streaming service that allows you to filter content like language, sexual material, gore, etc. out of films, to make otherwise unavailable movies family friendly. My family has used VidAngel several times to watch rated R movies at a level closer to PG-13. It does occasionally create weird breaks in the movie where the content you filtered out would otherwise be, but it's a good service for what it offers.

Roman Christiansen

December 4th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

VidAngel has allowed me to watch moves with my family that otherwise I wouldn’t be able to watch! A really great thing to have for the family!

JG_AZ

December 4th, 2019 Queen Creek, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Been with VidAngel since they opened their doors (2014). Has been a superb experience for us. Having so much ability to control the filtering is empowering. We have watched movies we otherwise would not have, if there were no way to filter them. Disney needs to pull their head out of their , come down off their high horse, and recognize that it's us people who pay their salaries. If there were no us, there would be no Disney. It doesn't bother me that I can't filter Disney content at this time. I just don't watch their movies anymore. Nor do I give them any of my money in any of their other subsidiaries and products. Anyway, back to VidAngel... it has become such an integral part of our video watching lives. I will be with them until they die or I die, whichever happens first. Hopefully their service outlives me. Awesome product. Great creative minds. Keep up the great work VidAngel.

Lily

November 27th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love vid angel. If there is something in the movie I don’t like I can go back and change it so irony have to see it. I love vid angel.

Treyson Lewis

November 27th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

VidAngel is very good for being able to show your kids movies that they want to watch that may not be age appropriate. This app is so good for taking things out of movies that your kids shouldn't be seeing.

Kimmi

November 26th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love being able to filter out what I do not like to see or hear in my own home. I am more comfortable with my kids watching shows with this service.

Daphne Brown

November 25th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the product and wish they could move back to the rental model. I am able to us this on netflix and amazon which is awesome but I don't have all the movies on there.

Kaydence Bonino

November 19th, 2019 Riverton, UT

I love vid angle.First one thing i like is how the movies is tooken all not so good parts out.

Tony

November 12th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had VidAngel for a while back when you could watch edited movies outside of Amazon/Netflix. Loved the service and wish it still existed in the same format.

Jeremy Brown

November 11th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love VidAngel because they have alot of your favorite movies. And even if you have a favorite movie that has bad words. Or has things that you don't like you can select them before watching the movie and it will take all of those things out so you can watch it and have it be good for you.

Rilynne Edwards

November 4th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Vidangel is amazing! I'm able to watch movies and tv shows while maintaining my personal values. Vidangel allows you to filter out unwanted parts of the film, such as language, gore, and drug use. I feel much more comfortable using Vidangel because I know that I won't see anything that could infringe on my personal values.

abby becht

October 23rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Using VidAngel is awesome because it makes it so that you can watch shows/movies that you wouldn't have wanted to watch before because it adds a "clean filter".

Kate Gregory

October 21st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

Fantastic app!! My kids can watch all the movies their friends are watching, minus the filth.

Alex Shirley

October 17th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love VidAngel. It is such a great way to be able to watch all the movies you want, especially if you don't enjoy crude things in the movies. One thing I don't enjoy is how you need to stream the movies.

SIDNEY SERRANO

October 15th, 2019 Deltona, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BEST filtering service! Cuts anything you want out - almost seamlessly! I would pay $20 a month - but am glad to pay $9.99

Dylan Curtis

October 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the very best of the bunch, LOVE this service! I don't like certain aspects of many shows and films, and VidAngel lets me enjoy the story without the gunk.