VidAngel launched to help families enjoy shows through eliminating questionable content. The technology allows customers to choose what they want to see or hear when watching streamed television. VidAngel's slogan is, "Watch however the bleep you want". The company was involved in a legal battle in 2016, but became reactive to change their focus on providing filtering services for streaming television instead of movies.

#1 Netflix chevron_right
#2 Amazon Prime chevron_right
#3 YouTube chevron_right

The Good

• Personalized Filtering Options
  • Available On Multiple Devices
  • Free Trial
  • No Contract

Unique Filtering/Parental Controls

VidAngel provides customers a wide variety of options to filter their streamed shows. Customers can filter violence, language, gore, sexual themes, etc. This gives customers the option to tailor shows to the audience they are watching with. Parents can now watch with their children without worrying about questionable content.

Compatible with Several Streaming Devices

Customers can use Vidangel's services through several different devices. VidAngel does not favor specific platforms and supports Apple and Google devices. Customers can stream content on a web browser, the VidAngel App, Android devices, Chromecast, Apple Devices, Apple TV, Roku, Smart TVs, Amazon FireTV, etc.

Free Trial

The company allows new users to try their service for one free month before charging them $7.99 a month.

No Contract

VidAngel allows their users to cancel their service at any time. This provides users with freedom from a constricting contract and gives users the option to leave for any reason at any time.

The Bad

• Reputation
  • Limited Streaming Library

Reputation

VidAngel doesn't have the best public image due to their lengthy legal battle. VidAngel shut down and ceased operations in Dec. 2016 and was reactivated in June 2017 with a new focus on streaming television. This shut down led to a lower reputation quality in the public eye. Since the reactivation, VidAngel has been working to revamp their customer loyalty base and build user trust.

Limited Streaming Library

VidAngel offers a tiny library of content included with your subscription. However, if you'd like to filter a movie or show not already on VidAngel, you must connect another streaming service such as Netflix, HBO, or Amazon Prime.

The Bottom Line

For those who want to enjoy content without all of the swearing and other questionable material, VidAngel is an excellent service to utilize. VidAngel provides an easy way for families or children to filter out harsh language, violence, sexual themes, etc.  And customers are able to watch VidAngel through a wide variety of streaming devices at an affordable price.

Alex Shirley
October 17th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love VidAngel. It is such a great way to be able to watch all the movies you want, especially if you don't enjoy crude things in the movies. One thing I don't enjoy is how you need to stream the movies.

SIDNEY SERRANO
October 15th, 2019 Deltona, FL DETAILS

BEST filtering service! Cuts anything you want out - almost seamlessly! I would pay $20 a month - but am glad to pay $9.99

Dylan Curtis
October 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

This is the very best of the bunch, LOVE this service! I don't like certain aspects of many shows and films, and VidAngel lets me enjoy the story without the gunk.

Jeff Stewart
October 15th, 2019 Saint George, UT DETAILS

Great service for those of us who want to control the content that we see. Wish there were more services like this one.

Rebecca Isaksen
October 14th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I love that vidangel gives you the opportunity to have agency and take control over what kinds of movies you want to watcha and how you want to watch them. There are so many movies that are excellent, but unfortunately, just have a few things that make them not very desirable to watch. Vidangel lets you be able to edit those out.

Marc
October 14th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Vid angel is awesome. I like to take out some of the things I would avoid if available to me. They do a great job of letting me personalize what gets taken out.

Victoria
October 14th, 2019 American Fork, UT

This is the best thing that has come to the movie business! I love I can change what setting are on movies so I can watch something I feel good about!

sydney clark
October 14th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

As a Mormon, this service is so convenient so that I am able to watch all of the movies I want to with all of my friends as well!

Tony Gibson
October 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

VidAngel is great. I wish the industry would accept it more and let them do their thing. There are so many movies and shows that we want to watch but don't because of the content and VidAngel will let us. I love finding shows that we didn't think we would watch but now can.

Rob Lundquist
October 11th, 2019 Alpine, UT DETAILS

Being able to have clean entertainment content is most important for me and my family. What an amazing service this company provides for me to be able to assure good family values.

Don Boren
October 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I really like that you can choose the level of foul language and/or sexual references, etc. You can be very specific about what to include or leave out.

Cassandra
October 11th, 2019 Sunnyvale, CA DETAILS

Vid Angel is a great great great tool! You can connect Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and watch all your favorite tv shows and movies the way you want. Sometimes there's just certain things you want to block and Vid Angel makes it happen!

Lesa Stewart
October 10th, 2019 Saint George, UT

vidAngel does not protect those who watch from the content. It is easy to imagine what they are saying and what is happening.

Rushie Gregory
October 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We've tried to use VidAngel several times, but every time we set it up, the system would fail on us. I'm not sure what happened, but we were hoping for a good experience and ended up not getting an experience at all.

Zac Marx
October 8th, 2019 Brighton, CO DETAILS

I loved VidAngel for the time i actually had it. I loved being able to make movies and shows cleaner for a super cheap price.

Dawson Wolfgramm
October 8th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

It keeps up with the most recent videos and is very on top of it to find anything in the movie to edit out for your children underage. It is a great way to watch movies without all the inappropriate parts that just aren't entertaining.

Alyssa Boren
October 8th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I love how you can change the settings to what you want the movie to edit out. It makes it personalized to everyone who uses it.

Ella
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I love using VidAngel! It has plenty of content and very useful, easy to use censoring techniques for a great price!

April
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

VidAngel is a wonderful service! I love to use it when watching movies with my kids, because I can decide exactly which specific swear words and inappropriate scenes to monitor for myself and the kids. Super good and easy to use!

Jon Scoresby
October 7th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

It's too bad what the big companies with money did to vid angel. I wish it was like it started out to be.

Jami Howell
October 7th, 2019 Farmington, UT DETAILS

Not a great selection of movies to chose from but I do like the concept. The process to edit takes too long.

Ellie
October 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I really miss having VidAngel for movies! Hope they will win this battle and we can watch with our kids without trouble. This need to happen soon than later!

bailey jo
October 7th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

The concept for VidAngel was good but it didn't have a great selection of movies and shows to choose from. It also took too long to go through all of the filters to get everything set up.

Monica Bertha
October 4th, 2019 Encinitas, CA

I mean I wish it was still free but I understand why it’s not...but I love that I have the opportunity to watch R rated movies without the bad parts!

Maddie
October 4th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

Vidangel is awesome! So many movies I always wanted to watch but felt uncomfortable, now I can watch! So great

Barry Henline
October 1st, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

Love VidAngel! It is a fantastic service that allows you to screen movies and entertainment for the whole family. Great way to watch programs that you wouldn't watch with your 10 year old in the room.

Miles Strother
September 30th, 2019 American Fork, UT

VidAngel is absolutely awesome for people who want to filter movies, although it's future is definitely questionable due to all the legal complications.

Aliza Henline
September 30th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I love how vidangel is good to make things clean for kids and things, but I don't like how it skips so many scenes that don't need to be skipped necessarily!

Madison Scott
September 16th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Heaven Bless VidAngel as they step into our parenting world and make it a little easier for us. I hope this company thrives and helps the world of Hollywood realize that all we really want is good content.

Hally Bellary
September 16th, 2019

My mom absolutely loves VidAngel for us kids. It has given me so many opportunities to see movies I wouldn't be allowed to watch otherwise.

Joy Hill
September 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

VidAngel is great! You can literally watch anything you want to and it will edit all of the bad words, or naughty things about that movie and it will take it out. Makes watching tv a breeze!

kristin Gneiting
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We love streaming through Vidangel because of the option we have of having clean versions of movies. It is an entertainment platform that gives viewers the control to filter out language, nudity and violence. I highly recommend this to families especially with young children or grandchildren.

ave
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I am so grateful for VidAngel, it has made it so much easier to watch shows I want to watch without having to watch parts of the movie I don't want to watch. I love using when I watch movies with my family.

Campbell Blair
September 4th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

VidAngel is awesome for parents who really care about what they watch and want to make sure they are seeing good things. I love their services.

Scotlynn Blair
August 28th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

Works pretty well and is a great option for worried parents about what their kids are watching.

Tracy Womack
August 7th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

VidAngel the best streaming service out there! I love being able to edit my shows so that I do not have to have cursing in them!

Sage Robertson
August 5th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

I love watching shows with VidAngel. Its really nice that you can edit out the "bad" part of any show!

Mazi Marcel Womack
July 22nd, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

In love with VidAngel. I love how with this company I can edit my shows so I can still watch the popular shows/movies with out all the bad content

Keeli Hansen
July 22nd, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

Vidangel makes movies clean so all ages can watch any movie! It’s so helpful on family movie nights

Brooklyn May
July 11th, 2019 Logan, UT

Horrible picture and audio. Not worth the editing and when it edited it always took so much out of the actual movie. Was not pleased.

Breanne Stanko
July 9th, 2019 Logan, UT

Nice being able to watch shows edited with my family. However, the picture was also blurry or choppy, the sounds wasn’t the greatest, when it was edited you could either see the actual swear word from the mouth. Not hear it but see what they said, and or there would be whole scenes missing from the movie because it would edit so much out.

Terra Stanko
July 8th, 2019 Hyrum, UT DETAILS

I love being able to watch movies on VidAngel and being able to watch movies with out worrying about swearing or nudity or violence. It was so nice to watch on, sometimes picture wasn't great but still worth it.

Lauren
July 3rd, 2019 Hyrum, UT DETAILS

I love the vid angel service. It was nice being able to watch movies with my family that are clean. However we had the swearing censored and there were multiple times with my family that it would swear and You may not hear the swear word but you definitely can see the actor mouthing it and still know why they say. Also sometimes the picture wasn’t great and the quality was bad.

matthew
July 1st, 2019 Logan, UT

crappy picture and audio. always skipping scene and when cutting out swearing you still know what they say.

Whitney Stanko
June 28th, 2019 Smithfield, UT

Choppy picture and video. Sound wasn't every great and even though stuff was edited you could still see what they were saying or it would cut out a major scene of the movie.

Braden Stanko
June 27th, 2019 Smithfield, UT

Great way to watch movies with family without worrying about swearing, violence, or nudity. Only problem is sometimes it would take a whole section of a movie out and then you don’t really understand what was going on.

Rosann Stanko
June 27th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

The streaming was too choppy and we had to pay a lot up front, but never watched our money’s worth because it wasn’t comfortable to watch the movies.

Sierra Beck
June 21st, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS

My family had vidangel for a month and we watched a movie and it worked relatively well but not the best. We wished there were more movies available

Rachel Ellsworth
June 20th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I like the concept of VidAngel, but I don't feel like this company executes it very well. The movies are choppy and unpredictable and sometimes the quality isn't great. I also don't like how it has recently changed so that you have to pay a monthly fee for it instead of paying for individual movies. This company has the right idea, but it definitely needs some improvement.

Rachel
June 17th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

Fantastic service! Allows you to watch your favorite shows and movies without all the garbage that infests most media these days. If you have kids in the house this is a must have.