FandangoNow was started in April of 2016 as a part of Fandango, providing on-demand video movie, tv streaming, and downloading services to everyone. Customers are able to read company reviews, see Rotten Tomatoes scores, watch trailers, and purchase movie tickets or a Fandango gift card in minutes online or through the Fandango app. No subscription is needed and customers can watch what they want when they want.

#1 Netflix chevron_right
#2 Amazon Prime chevron_right
#3 YouTube chevron_right

The Good

• No subscription
  • Perks and rewards
  • Rent or purchase

No Subscriptions

Fandango Now offers a streaming movie and TV service with no subscription. Customers simply watch what they want when they want. Users may also purchase a Fandango gift card that may be used towards movie tickets or the streaming service.

Large Movie and TV Library

There is over 6,500 movies and TV shows available to watch through Fandango Now. Some movies have bonus content, which might include director's commentary.  Many are fresh out of theatres and are cheaper to stream rather than purchasing movies on DVD and Blu-ray. The streaming service is simple to use with smart TVs or the Fandango app.

Rent or Own

Customers can rent or purchase movies and TV episodes through Fandango Now.

Reward Points

With Fandango VIP, Fandango Now allows customers to earn reward points when renting or buying movies and TV episodes. Fandango VIP members unlock a reward for every 600 points earned. Members can get movie tickets to theatres, credit to stream on Fandango Now with the mobile app, or FanShop movie gear.

Fandango Now has many great features to their new services. Not only do customers not pay a monthly subscription, but their rental and purchase prices are reasonable and consistent with the industry. In addition, Fandango Now's selection of movies and TV episodes is extremely large for how new their services are.  Customers can choose from over 6,500 movies and TV shows.

The Bad

• No unlimited streaming options
  • Not as many device options
  • No parental controls

No Unlimited Streaming

Because FandangoNow doesn't offer a subscription-based streaming TV package, customers have to rent or purchase every movie or TV episode they want to watch.  They don't have unlimited access to a large library like Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Not as Many Streaming Device Options

FandangoNow doesn't stream on as many devices as some of its competitors.  They don't support the Apple TV, XBox, PlayStation or PlayStation Vue, etc.  Fandango Now does run on all web browsers and as a mobile app, but not many streaming devices.

UltraViolet Account

Customers have to create an UltraViolet account and link it with their Fandango Now account in order to access and watch movies from the cloud.

No Parental Controls

FandangoNow does not have parental controls for their customers to use for movie and TV purchase and rentals. Overall, FandangoNow has a few drawbacks customers should be aware of before they start purchasing and renting movies and TV episodes.  The main concern is that Fandango Now is not available on a large variety of streaming devices.  If you stream movies and TV through an Apple TV, XBox, or Playstation you are out of luck for now.

The Bottom Line

FandangoNow is a great new on-demand video streaming service option, providing customers with the ability to earn reward points through movie and TV purchase and rentals.  Reward points can then be redeemed for a percentage off the customer's next purchase.  In addition, FandangoNow has a very large library and selection for customers to choose from, with over 6,500 movies and TV episodes. However, FandangoNow is limited in their streaming services due to the lack of devices customers can stream on.  FandangoNow works on Samsung, Vizio, and LQ smart TVs 2011 and older, also Roku and Chromecast.  But it doesn't work on the Apple TV, XBox, or Playstation.  And customers have to create an UltraViolet and link it with their FandangoNow account in order to access and watch purchased and rented movies and TV episodes. Overall, Fandango Now is a great service for people not wanting a subscription-based streaming tv service and who have a Roku, Chromecast, or Smart TV.

1.4

MammaS

May 5th, 2020 Moline, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have been trying for 3 days to redeem gift card. Chat person says I don't have an account, upon trying to make one says I already have one. Did the reset password link-keeps going back to the enter new password screen. I have never seen a site with so many issues. Live chat is ridiculous, emails back and forth worthless.

JonesyRD

April 15th, 2020 Jonesboro, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I rented Trolls World tour on 4/11/2020 and the app wouldn't allow me to watch the movie for at least 10 minutes. I logged out and back in numerous times before it allowed the movie to play. Now, just three days later and the rental doesn't even show up in my library list. On top of that, I rented another movie that is also not showing up in the library. I am not paying more money to watch movies that I've already paid for. This app is horrible!! !

Daniel Rivera

April 13th, 2020 Auburn, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rented the trolls movie watched once, and after that app keeps telling me too many devices are streaming, app frezzes and every time i have to unplug tv and activate my tv to the account again only to have the same problem . We are only using 1 tv

CincinnatiKid

April 13th, 2020 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We preordered Trolls World Tour for $20 a few days ago to watch the world premiere tonight with kids. They have been looking forward to the movie all day just to find out the movie would not play. Worse yet, we reloaded the FandangoNow app on our TV to see if would help but after it launched, the movie wasn’t available. The app wanted to charge us another $20! This is unacceptable. Really FandangoNow? Get it together!

Lars Carlson

April 8th, 2020 Hendersonville, TN

Just tried this out for the first time....and the last time. Halfway through the movie it signed me out. I went to log back in and it states I never rented a movie. I cannot access the movie and I am not going to rent it again. I will NEVER use this again.

Jonathan B

April 7th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I dont know if fandangonow reduced the bandwith on there streaming service but I can not get imax enhanced movies anymore. The only movies I've purchased using this streaming service were in IMAX enhanced. That section is no longer available. Those movies were downsized to 4k HDR DD+. Extremely frustrating. Fandango needs to fix this for there high end customers.

Texasmoviewatcher

April 7th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience has been all negative. I set up an account and rented a movie on one device, went to watch it on another device, was charged again for the same movie, and the movie would not stream on the second device no matter how many times I restarted and changed my settings. Spent a half hour with the help desk who referred me to corporate who informed me that I would get no reimbursement for the $40 ($20 x 2) rental I hadn't been able to watch. Discovered the same movie was available on Amazon prime and that's what I'm using from here on in. No more Fandangonow.

Keith Kautz

March 28th, 2020 Mansfield, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Purchased credits expire in 2 months with no warning! Customer service couldn't care less.

Karina Aguilar

March 18th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I rented a movie on fandango and never again! they overcharge on movies you can get cheaper on redbox!

Alexandra Miller

March 16th, 2020 Tustin, CA

They don't store gift card information, they DO store your credit card information. So if you watch a movie using a gift card, but then throw the card away assuming (fairly, since every other retailers does this) that your gift card will be stored on their service, you'll be out whatever the gift card balance was. So now I'll be terminating our account with Fandango and not using their service for any reason, as well as telling the PTO at the leadership level not to gift Fandango cards to teachers because of this crap policy. Terrible policy, especially considering how low their marginal cost must be to deliver content and/or save gift card information.

Tiffany I

March 2nd, 2020 Gaithersburg, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I always rent movies thru Fandango. It’s set up on all my devices so I can watch anywhere. I also save all my digital movies to Fandango so it’s all in one place.

Joshua Thiel

February 25th, 2020 Costa Mesa, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely horrible. Wish I would have read reviews before renting Parasite. Non stop buffering and finally froze. Had to completely remove and reinstall app. Straight garbage, do not pay a cent for this.

Rich Nguyen

February 19th, 2020 , TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Literally the worst, most incompetent company I have ever tried to buy anything from. I pre-ordered a movie with a promo and since that was months ago, my credit card was replaced due to issues with the card and Fandangonow refuses to honor my order saying the promo is expired now. I asked them to re-trigger the transaction now that I have updated my credit card and they state they do not have the ability to perform that. I work in IT and find it hard to believe that they would be setup in a platform where they cannot re-trigger transactions as it is not uncommon for credit card processing companies to have an outage.

Michelle Boudreaux

February 12th, 2020 Oakland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Janky service. Janky customer service. PeriodT.

Zac Cannon

January 29th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love using the Fandago Now service. It's fast and I love the movies that are available for it. They have fantastic selections. They also have great rewards programs that you can save up.

TK

January 16th, 2020 Litchfield, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not use!!! Stick with Netflix, Amazon or Hulu. Fandango is a complete scam. They have been advertising 20% off all movies for 30 days thru Jan 31, 2020, once you have signed up and purchased one movie. The discount code is emailed to you. BUT IT WILL NEVER ARRIVE. Called Customer Service and they cannot do anything, oddly. "CORPORATE" sends the codes. All they can do is escalate to have corporate email the code in 3-5 business days. Its been 5 days and still NO CODE. Here's my survey response to their CORPORATE: I have signed up and purchased my first movie. I have been waiting for the 20% discount code since Jan 5th and have received no emails with the code. But I continue to get the marketing emails for this discount. I have chatted 3 times with your call center and they all say they cannot help and Corporate will respond in 3-5 days. What is the purpose of the customer service. What kind of business has corporate dole out the codes to make the sales? So stupid and unethical!! Is this really a code? At this point you made what $12 for me to purchase the 1st movie? Was that worth it? I will be writing a negative review on your company.

DAG

January 8th, 2020 Spring, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their website confirms my gift cards have enough balance, the checkout says they work, then it fails to process. The only option is to send a message through their website where somebody may respond "within 72 hours". This is theft.

October 7th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had this for a few months not the best steaming experience movies would start and for what ever reason would stop.

P.R.

September 27th, 2019 Staten Island, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every time I use FandangoNow the movies I buy/rent buffer or skip like crazy. I have crazy fast internet currently 110mbpsDL/12mbpsUL with no other bandwith being used, and no problems on ANY OTHER STREAMING APP but FandangoNow. Also when you "buy" a movie you don't own the movie...you are leasing the movie. Once Fandango takes it off their app it is gone from your library. This company is a joke!

Livengood

September 4th, 2019 Cottondale, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I rented a movie & was unable to watch on my tv. After 1 1/2 hr of support, I was still unable to access my movie. I requested a refund and was told that they would not because I was able to watch on my I phone 5s.

RB

August 20th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thank you to the other reviewer I agree. Because we just experienced this same ordeal. The 1 movie rented could not stream well. I have great internet so that isnt the case. We stopped the movie and went to Netflix. Thanks allot Verizon up for the stupid reward. A joke of a company. I spent over an hour on the phone waiting for customer service because i had an issue. Thebonly reason i even rented a movie from this outfit is that verizon up rewards are so pathetic nowadays i had no other choice. It was either a movie from this joke of a company or a $3 gift certificate to panera bread. What a choice!

Matthew

August 20th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm a Discover customer and purchased a new Roku Ultra device for my home. I got a free FandangoNow promo for one free movie. However it expired just recently and I chatted with FandagoNow to discuss this that I had missed the expiration date just recently. They where Rude, and flat out unwilling to help me. All they could do is a Nasty kind of way to cut and paste The Terms and said it was my fault and treated me poorly and said there is "Nothing" they could or would do for me and brushed me off and said it was my problem. although this is not Discovers fault by any means and I've been nothing but pleased with Discover. I wanted to let you know how poorly I was treated and it wasn't very "Discover like" in dealing with them. I never did get to use my Free Discover FandangoNow Promo. And FandangoNOw customer service is poor. giving excuses blaming there system for there flexibility. I will NEVER buy or use there service and keep using RedBox. at least they know how to treat a customer.

Michael Chianese

July 23rd, 2019 Easton, PA

What a joke of a company. I spent over an hour on the phone waiting for customer service because i had an issue. Thebonly reason i even rented a movie from this outfit is that verizon up rewards are so pathetic nowadays i had no other choice. It was either a movie from this joke of a company or a $3 gift certificate to panera bread. What a choice!

Gregory Holdsworth

June 27th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Buyer Beware of FandangoNow you need read the agreement before you Buy or Rent any movie from them. I’ve purchased over 600 movie with FandangoNow meaning I selected the BUY option assuming that I OWN the movie. BUT it turns out you don’t a total lie by FandangoNow. It turn out when you’re given the options to RENT or BUY they both mean the same meaning if you buy it you’re only Temporarily leasing the movie and you will lose your viewing rights to your movies when production company take away the right of the movie to be on FandangoNow. Meaning when you select the BUY option your not buy the movie only temporarily leasing it and you will lose your viewing rights to it and you lose your money that you paid for the movie. So Before you select the BUY option understand you’re NOT buying the movie you’re ONLY temporarily leasing it and FandangoNow will take away your Viewing right to the movie even tho you select the Buy option. Bottom line don’t select the BUY Option and Don’t spend a lot of money on movies on FandangoNow you will lose the right and you’ll LOSE your MONEY..

lamar

June 25th, 2019 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I brought captain marvel in 4k and its showing in 720p I told customer support and they said my connection is bad which is not bad my speeds are good. i wasted 25$ for nothing YALL SUCKS!!!!!!!

Yafyu

June 17th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This has to be the most idiotic company every. Worst interface, terrible customer service, unhelpful auto-response. It would be baffling if they are still around over the next three years.

Ashley

May 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I first learned about Fandango Now when I had credit to spend from my Fandango account. Its free to join and you can rent or buy movies and watch on any TV that streams apps or any device. Often times they will have really cheap movies to purchase for under $5 and then they are yours to keep forever to watch on a plane, or whenever you have your phone handy and have some free time. I like the convenience and the variety of movies and shows they have to offer.

Montgomery

April 8th, 2019 Cleburne, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rented three movies to watch from FandangoNow on Roku. Two of them played flawlessly but one would not; acting as if it were continually buffering. I contacted FandangoNow web chat and they had me reboot the roku, with no success. They then said that they would turn the issue over to troubleshooting and I would hear back from them. It has been 5 days and radio silence. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of these guys.

Dh

April 1st, 2019 Eastman, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Got four error codes before the 11th minute and customer service Sucks. Been on hold for 30 Or More minutes

Jake

April 1st, 2019 Grand Rapids, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

bought a few movies and have watched a few of them. We also have had problems with streaming. right now I cant play anything on the service not even a trailer and cant get ahold of customer service we just bought smallfoot and my kids really want to watch it... sucks.

Manoj

March 29th, 2019 San Mateo, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought a 4K Aquaman movie but the quality was worse than 480P. Tested my internet and it was showing a download speed of 8 MBPS. I also closed all apps and tabs on chrome and had plenty of RAM, CPU power. Never faced such an issue with netflix.

Austin

March 26th, 2019 Fort Collins, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Holy crap this service is so garbage. You literally can't even get the movie you rented to play. Tried several different movies on different WiFi connections, with 2 different devices. They just won't play. I wish I could give it 0 stars, no one deserves to have to use this service.

Courtney

March 20th, 2019 San Marcos, TX

I have fast internet. Never had an issue with Hulu, prime, Netflix, etc. but the second I used fandango I had to restart the movie over a DOZEN TIMES because of poor internet connection. That is bull because it’s the only app that doesn’t work. Never renting or buying another movie from this site again

PBJaffe

March 7th, 2019 Powell, OH

Unless you really know what you are doing on the app, don't bother. Even when the app screws up, the company won't fix or make it right. You're out of luck and out of $$. Shameful. No benefit of the service, whatsoever, especially after they take their fees for tickets purchased.

Steve

February 20th, 2019 Eugene, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our HD TV show purchase worked fairly well for a couple weeks, but for the past week every time we try to watch we are constantly having to restart the episode, with the stop point not accurately saved, which means fast forwarding over and over. For the record, we have a fast Internet connection on which Prime and Netflix stream just fine. FandangoNow is just too annoying. We'll not be purchasing any more shows on this service.

Myah Smith

February 12th, 2019 American Fork, UT

Fandango has been super useful. I love being able to find my favorite movies and shows to watch whenever I want.

rick

February 5th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Holy cow! was a member for ONE HOUR and I already had 2 hrs of problems with customer service! NO ONE picks up their phone, automated number will call U back in cue and then no one is there (3X) - Decided to live chat with agent and requested my account be closed immediately. He said "Sorry to hear that" and then i received an email stating that MY ACCOUNT HAD BEEN SUSPENDED! (Haa) - Junk emails being sent by the dozen, NO WHERE to unsubscribe from the,. Key words on their website will NOT bring up the words "Close account" or "Unsubscribe"....ANYWHERE! Foremost issue i had was that I linked my Ultraviolet library with these guys on digital content already paid for, and the site was trying to CHARGE ME for my own pre-paid content! (?????) After reading the reviews here - I didn't hesitate to close this goofy debacle of a service. Rep KEPT telling me he couldn't unsubscribe me from emails, and to look at the foot of them for the unsubscribe link.... which there ARE none! FCC needs to "Handle" these guys and quick!!

Lori Fletcher

January 30th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I don’t use Fandango anymore because there aren’t enough benefits. Their fees aren’t worth it and its not easy to navigate online.

Dale

December 20th, 2018 Florien, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The video load was extremely choppy, we have no issue with Netflix or Hulu or many of the other online apps we watch but almost immediately the fandango movie was just horrible about loading to the extent we stopped watching and switched to a movie on Netflix. We won’t be using fandango again

Lincoln R

December 20th, 2018 Wilsonville, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When it works it is a 5. If, if you have any issue with playback or a rental that did not go through or need any customer support you are out of luck. I did designed support for HP customers, Nike.com and Mercedes Benz USA, these guys are the worst. No chat option, the support page says chat but after 1 hour I was told in chat that it was not for Fandango now, call their phone number. Did that yesterday, never got a callback. Email, not for Fandango now. I call my credit card company to get the charge removed. I will never rent or buy content from these clowns again.

Bryan

December 11th, 2018 Avon, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fandango now should be called fandango in 45 minutes. Absolutely the worst CS I have ever experienced

Cori Jacobsen Ollerton

December 10th, 2018 Alpine, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a very confusing App. I feel it is very over priced and leads me guessing to what I am doing. I usually end up needing help from one of my kids. Over priced as well. Lots of fees.

Juancarlos

December 5th, 2018 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I rented one movie with my IPhone I think was easy to watch but was not I asked for help to the customer service they answer after 72 hours between that I have help from different sources I get was the problem but when I get home to watch is was too late to watch because after you put play you have 48 hours to watch. 👎

Ella

November 30th, 2018 American Fork, UT

Fandango now is great. Helpful tool to use on a mobile device. It makes streaming new movies easy, and is a desirable product for those who are interested in that field.

Erin

November 29th, 2018 American Fork, UT

this company has some great movies listed. the application is simple and the entire expireiance is very enjoyable!

Josiah Macdonald

October 30th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Fandango not only lets me watch the movies I want to but it gives me the reviews and the app is also very helpful

Jared M

October 19th, 2018 Dover, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give them zero stars I would. I purchased a move that never showed on my desktop, but I was charged. So I called them and they gave me a movie credit. This credit had an expiration date. The date was 10/16. When I went to use it, on the 16th, it said it expired. I called and they said the coupons expire the day before the date listed. I was shocked and had "corporate" look into it and they said, "Yup it expired the 15th." After I explained that it stated the 16th, they said the expire a day before and I lose my money. Second rate company, second-rate customer service. Go amazon prime all the way.

Sofie Rosenvall

September 20th, 2018 Alpine, UT

Used this service for a brief time before amazon prime TV/Movie was popular. We liked it while we used it. But once Amazon Prime offered more stuff we made the switch there since we were already Prime customers

Tiberiu

August 28th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered Infinity War and didn’t stopped the movie because I took my kids to the park , came back and wanted to watch the rest, guess what , I didn’t see the purchase I made, called them and 40 minutes later I’m still waiting for a representative!! Wow, really ??? This is theft !!

Kristin G

August 23rd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Fandango now lets you watch movies that are not out in Redbox yet. They also offer lots of discounts and promotions and the quality of the movies are excellent .