Best Company Guarantee Sunrun Logo

Sunrun

8.1

LAST UPDATED: November 22nd, 2022

There are many solar companies out there, but which one actually provides the most value and best customer service? We've made it our mission to find out.

After conducting exhaustive research on the solar industry and gathering hundreds of Sunrun reviews, we've weighed the good and the bad and discovered Sunrun to be one of the top installers of solar panels based on a variety of criteria points.

Sunrun, which is the nation’s largest residential solar, storage, and energy service company, has installed over 1,600 megawatts of solar power and helped hundreds of thousands of consumers. The company is based in San Francisco, California.

Sunrun is the pioneer of the solar-as-a-service model and continues to drive innovation of solar generation, storage, and energy services and technologies. The rooftop solar provider's mission is to create a planet run by the sun.

Video Customer Reviews

Gail Customer Review Video About Sunrun

Gail

Leon Customer Review Video About Sunrun

Leon

Ricardo Customer Review Video About Sunrun

Ricardo

The Good

• Payment Flexibility
  • Customized Solar Systems
  • Simple Solar Process
  • 25-Year Maintenance
  • Roof Warranties and Coverage for Sunrun Solar Panels
  • Customer Care Team
  • Solar Battery Storage Options
  • High Level of Transparency with Customers
  • Installation Experience
  • Extensive Availability
  • Helpful Website
  • Positive Sunrun Solar Reviews

Payment Flexibility

To fit customer needs, Sunrun offers several solar financing options, including solar lease, Power Purchase Agreement (PPAs), prepayment, outright purchase, and solar loan.

Sunrun solar lease and PPA options give customers the chance to reap the benefits of a home solar system for zero to little upfront cost. PPAs from Sunrun help the homeowner save on his or her electric bill.

The prepayment option features all of the same benefits as the lease option, except the customer doesn't have to worry about the hassle of monthly payments.

Purchasing a Sunrun solar system outright provides customers with long-term savings, while financing a Sunrun solar system through a loan allows customers to make payments to own their system, which provides long-term benefits.

Customized Solar Systems

Sunrun understands that when it comes to renewable energy, every customer's home, lifestyle, and savings goals are unique.

As a result, the solar company customizes every solar panel installation to the customer's needs using its own proprietary Automated Site Modeling design technology. With just a few pieces of information and satellite imagery of the rooftop, Sunrun's Automated Site Modeling software quickly designs a custom solar energy system to maximize production.

Simple Solar Process

Sunrun strives to make switching to clean energy as simple and hassle-free as possible for its customers. The solar installer saves time by taking care of everything from scheduling to permitting and allowing people to follow their installation progress through the mySunrun mobile app. The design and installation process is as follows:

• Step 1: Sunrun's experienced technicians will visit, measure, and evaluate the home; ensure that a solar system is the right fit; and design a customized solar plan.
  • Step 2: Sunrun's design experts will review and make any adjustments to the custom evaluation.
  • Step 3: Sunrun submits the design plans to the local city government for permitting.
  • Step 4: After the permit is granted, Sunrun's installers will come out to the home, go over the custom design with the customer, receive approval, and get to work.
  • Step 5: Once the system has been installed, the city or county will perform the final inspection.
  • Step 6: Sunrun will submit documents to the utility company and "Permission to Operate" will be granted.

25-Year Maintenance

If Sunrun customers choose to lease or obtain a PPA, Sunrun will own the solar panel system and, therefore, is responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the system. Additionally, Sunrun will refund customers if the panels installed on their roof ever underperform.

Roof Warranties and Coverage for Sunrun Solar Panels

Other benefits of Sunrun's product include a 10-year warranty on systems that are purchased and up to a 25-year warranty on systems that are leased. Each solar customer's Sunrun contract also includes a roof warranty, which protects the roof from leaks or holes.

In addition, Sunrun provides its solar customers with daily system monitoring for no additional fee. The company's monitoring team oversees all all Sunrun systems and keeps an eye on production levels. If something happens or if performance dips, Sunrun will contact you as soon as possible to get things fixed.

Customer Care Team

Sunrun provides a U.S.-based customer care team that is ready to answer questions and help resolve any issues that may arise.

Battery Storage Options

Sunrun offers a solar battery storage option that can be purchased or leased called Brightbox. With Brightbox, customers can enjoy safe, clean, and reliable backup power in the event of a blackout.

Brightbox also helps customers manage electricity costs by seamlessly optimizing when a home uses electricity generated by solar panels, stored in the battery, or from the grid.

High Level of Transparency with Customers

Sunrun provides an abundance of helpful information on its website and strives to be very transparent with its customers. The company's website includes detailed solar education and FAQ sections, a helpful Guarantee page, and an informative "Plans and Services" page that will help customers better understand Sunrun's products and how to start taking advantage of solar power.

Installation Experience

When it comes to solar installation, Sunrun is one of the most experienced companies in the solar industry. In fact, the company is one of the few solar installers that has installed over 1,600 megawatts of solar energy.

As a result, the solar energy company has offset 3.7 million tons of carbon emissions and helped more than 240,000 customers to control their energy bill.

Extensive Availability

Sunrun currently offers solar energy services in the following states:

• California
  • Connecticut
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Massachusetts
  • New Jersey
  • New York

Helpful Website

Sunrun's website includes a variety of articles and helpful, easy-to-digest resources, including information on solar panels, plans and services, the cost of solar, warranties, installations, rebates and incentives, net metering, local information, solar education, and more.

Positive Sunrun Solar Reviews

Over 60 percent of Sunrun reviews are 4 or 5 stars. This means more than 1,000 happy customers across the United States to date.

Happy Sunrun customers talk about quick and efficient customer service when problems arose during installation, the company's proactiveness in setting up and keeping appointments, and the respectful and friendly Sunrun staff.

Check out this positive Sunrun solar review from a happy client:

Review Icon

Paul P. from California City, CA

"They have a great service team. It started at the point of contact and included every person they sent to my house. There was one point when I thought that there was a malfunction. They assured me that I wouldn't need to hire anyone else to fix it. They talked me through it on the phone."

Considering doing business with Sunrun? Learn more.

The Bad

• Outsourcing Installations for Remote Homes
  • Customer Complaints

Outsourced Installations for Remote Homes

A majority of Sunrun's installations are performed in-house, meaning that Sunrun employees will install the solar systems themselves, which is ideal. Occasionally, the company will contract other installers to work on homes that are too remote for Sunrun itself to reach.

While Sunrun does train and approve these third-party contractors before they work on a home, this outsourcing strategy has often led to inconsistencies in performance upon installation. Consequently, customer satisfaction concerning the installation quality and overall experience varies.

Customer Complaints

While a typical Sunrun review is 4 or 5 stars, Sunrun does receive about 25 percent 1-star reviews. These unhappy customers complain about the company not prioritizing existing customers, being short on staff and taking months to get an appointment, and overpromising and underdelivering when it comes to solar production and savings.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Sunrun is highly recommended to homeowners who are looking to go solar. Sunrun's high quality solar energy systems, variety of financing options, lengthy maintenance coverage and warranties, and customer service and transparency are attractive features that make breaking away from your utility company and switching to solar simple and affordable.

Interested in going solar with Sunrun? Find out more. Want to learn more about Sunrun? Check out the Sunrun solar reviews from real customers below.

not_listed_location

Sunrun Frequently Asked Questions

How does going solar with Sunrun work?

After you sign your Sunrun agreement, you’re ready for solar panel installation. The best part? You don’t have to lift a finger because we take care of everything from scheduling to submitting permits, to working with the city and utility, and securing your solar panels to your roof. Naturally you’ll have questions, and we’ll be right there with you answering them every step of the way. Once you’re approved for a Sunrun solar installation, your home will undergo a site assessment and an expert solar technician will visit your home to confirm your system design. After that, our solar design experts make any necessary adjustments to your design and get your final approval. Once you’ve approved your system design, we submit your design to the city for permitting. From there, either Sunrun or one of our local certified partners perform your solar installation. We only partner with the top-rated solar installers, so know you’ll have the highest quality solar installation available. When your installation is complete, the city or county will perform a final inspection on your system. Once it’s approved, it will be connected to the grid, and we’ll submit your documents to the utility company. After your utility company grants Permission to Operate, you’re ready to start powering your home with the sun.

How much does a solar energy system from Sunrun cost?

Solar home solar system prices vary by home, your utility company, and your location. Contact Sunrun for a quote today.

What solar panels does Sunrun use in its installations?

Sunrun uses standard and high-performance solar panels in its installations.

How long does it take for Sunrun to install solar panels?

The process of having a home solar system installed on your roof can be relatively quick. Many Sunrun installations are completed in one day. But before our crew comes to your house, we take a few weeks to prepare your project so that you have the smoothest installation day possible. You will have a team of experts working for you during this time who handle the tasks necessary for a smooth solar installation and keep you updated along the way. Our customer app also allows you to see your installation status during this time: - Conduct a site survey to look at your roof, attic and electrical panel - Finalize your custom design - Apply for permits and wait for approval - Collect other necessary approvals and documentation that is specific to your neighborhood, such as HOA approval Your project coordinator will be in touch with you throughout this time to keep you up-to-date on your progress. When it comes time to install the system, your installation coordinator will let you know how long the construction process will take for your home.

How long is a Sunrun agreement?

In general, our Sunrun agreements last for up to 25 years. Contact a Sunrun solar advisor for more information.

What happens at the end of a Sunrun agreement?

When you reach the end of your Sunrun agreement, you have three options: - You can purchase the solar system at the fair market value (excluding New York homeowners). - You can renew your lease with us on an annual basis. - Sunrun can remove the system at no cost to you. When you reach the end of your agreement, the Sunrun Customer Care team will help you with moving forward however you choose.

Does Sunrun offer a warranty?

All of our solar equipment is backed by robust warranties. When you choose BrightSave, your solar system will also come with 24/7 monitoring and maintenance. So if it breaks, we’ll fix it, free of charge. Contact us to learn more about our Comprehensive Home Solar System Support.

Does Sunrun offer solar monitoring?

Yes! We have a monitoring team dedicated to keeping an eye on your home solar system. Here’s how it works: - We record production (in real-time) — Your Sunrun meter counts your kilowatts as they’re produced. - We collect your production data (every six hours) — Four times a day, your Sunrun meter sends your production data to our Denver-based monitoring team, where all production data is collected, stored, and analyzed. - We evaluate your production (every day) — We compare your production to the estimates included in your contract to confirm that your system is working as expected. We also check the weather and other systems in your neighborhood to make sure you’re harvesting just as much sunshine as your neighbors. - We fix what needs fixing (if necessary) — If your system isn’t working as expected, we will identify the issue and rectify the situation. If we cannot fix your system with remote troubleshooting, we may need to send a technician to take a look at your system in person.

How many states is Sunrun in?

Sunrun currently offers residential solar service in 22 states, plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Sunrun states are Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont and Wisconsin.
bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

3.6

Douglas Poway, CA

They were at Costco and Costco stands behind what they sell at their store. They came out and did the measuring and they came and installed it and took a couple of days and then we had to wait for inspection so everything pretty much went as we were told ahead of time. There was one problem, they came out and fixed it but they didn't fix it immediately it was a few days and we weren't sure what was going on but other than that it was great and they took care of it. Everything has gone really well and for the first year we had a bill of a hundred and thirty dollars but we didn't install it until one month into the year so we're pleased.

Robin Henderson, NV

I'm a Costco member and I made an appointment with them and when they came out to my home, they were very courteous, on time, and were very knowledgeable. I've had a few issues along the way, but they called me back right away or emailed me back right away and were able to take care of any complications so that's very good customer service. The installation was very smooth and quick. All the gentlemen who did the service were courteous, very friendly, and very nice. They put it up in no time and explained everything to me when I needed to look for it. It was a really good experience. The equipment they put in the box on the side of the house and it's very easy to read the instructions. Everything that they've done has been very well handled. They've been very honest from the beginning.

Shelly Mitchell Fresno, CA

If I could give ZERO stars I would. Leased my first set of Panels in 2011 and received a $2000+ True-Up bill from the start. It was truly like the panels were doing nothing. Saw Sunrun guy at Costco and since Costco was endorsing them I purchased another set of panels, but financed this set this time. Again, the panels seem to have done nothing. Still received a True-up of over $2000 year after year. I've called, emailed, reached out on Facebook and I just get the runaround. "Your panels are producing fine". Finally talk to someone who told me what I needed to do. Find on my paperwork how much Sunrun promised they would produce VS. what they actually are producing. First set, 5.265kW and the 2nd set 7.155kW so that should be over 12kW. On my SunRun production app is shows that my panels produced 4.5 in 2021. So I called and spoke with someone on the phone for 3 HOURS and finally got her to see that they were indeed underproducing. She scheduled someone to come out. Dude came out, said they didn't have the part and would have to order it and someone would contact when it is in. That was September 16th, over a month ago! I call again today to just get transferred around and disconnected everytime I get transferred. So I have been paying for panels for the past 5 YEARS that have been WAY UNDERPRODUCING AND YOU DON"T NOTICE?? AND WHEN I CALL TO BRING IT TO YOUR ATTENTION I AM TOLD EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE! BEWARE OF SUNRUN - RUN AWAY!! Worst Solar company EVER!! Oh, and just to let you know, I am a single mother struggling to raise my kids. I don't have time for this CRAP. You have taken advantage of this mama and she is NOT HAPPY!

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Shelly. We're so sorry to hear about your frustration, and we would love to review your system's performance and any other specific concerns you have. We will be sending you a private message requesting additional account information so that we can get a Specialist assigned to your case.

Oct. 29th, 2022

Paul

Sun Run was one of two solar companies I looked into. I picked them because of their affiliation with Costco. Whenever there's been an issue people got back to me promptly and resolve any issues. The only thing is I was under the impression that our utility company was going to pay us for excess production. Now that's been called into question and I asked Sun Run to look into it but nobody's gotten back to me.

Theresa San Diego, CA

We got it because it was offered through Costco. Our representative was very responsive and answered all my questions in a timely manner. When we decided to add another panel, he had no issues making the change. They also reached out to me before the end of the year for purposes, to make sure I had the amount I needed to claim my credit on the federal tax return. Everything seems to be working great and installation went very smoothly.

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Theresa, we are happy to see that you were able to go solar through our partner Costco. We loved to read about your experience and are happy to see that the number of benefits you received after going solar. Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Apr. 23rd, 2019

Theo Manteca, CA

They were with Costco and I know that Costco only uses the best and does a lot of research before they have people come in and sell their products so I knew it had to be a good company. Their customer service kept me in the loop about installation, which was done within three to four hours, and if I had any questions they were there to answer. The solar product seems to be working well in my house.

Reply from Sunrun

Love reading this review! We will make sure you are happy Theo as a Sunrun and Costco customer. Thank you for helping us create a better environment and a planet run by the sun.

Apr. 11th, 2019

Richard Hoffman Oceanside, CA

We started looking through Costco since they have good merchandise and got their name that way. We were just interested in solar, but we had heard horror stories from other people that had used other solar energy companies. The customer service rep that we talked to as very enlightening though. He came out to our house and explained everything to us. In the end we just decided to go with Sunrun. So far our experience has been excellent.

Christoper

Once I saw they were partnered with Costco they stood out. I had lots of questions and got knowledgeable responses quickly. They did an assessment, installation, and inspection. It was longer than I thought but very efficient. I'm extremely satisfied.

Dekki Grand Terrace, CA

I am very satisfied. The service is very good. Every single person, not just customer service, but all the team workers at sun run are very knowledgeable. They are very specific with follow up instructions. Installation was very professional and very good. The product is guaranteed by Costco. The quality is good.

Reply from Sunrun

Dekki, we are delighted to hear you're satisfied! Making sure we provide 100% great service is what we strive for. Our team is very knowledgable and it looks like we answered all your questions that came up during the process. A great installation is our goal! Let's create a planet run by the sun!

Feb. 20th, 2019

Robert San Ramon, CA

I choose them because they were at Costco and they are a reputable company in my area. The overall customer support has been good. The coordinators were in close contact with me and checked on the progress and scheduled appropriately. They followed their commitments and time schedule. Some tiles were broken installation but they were later replaced. I am fairly satisfied with the equipment and quality.

Reply from Sunrun

We love to hear you come from Costco and to hear you are satisfied. We are here to help with any questions or concerns you may have. Thank you for leaving this wonderful review and helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Feb. 20th, 2019

Rimshaw San Juan Capistrano, CA

Scheduling for the construction process took longer than I had expected. Required a second inspection which could have been avoided in my view. The partnership with Costco required full payment (financed) before construction would begin even though SunRun didn't get paid until after final inspection. Costco paid a 3% rebate however. I was told that the conduit would be painted to match the house and that never occurred.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for sharing your experience Rimshaw. We want to take the opportunity to work with you. Please private message me your contact information.

Sep. 6th, 2018

Regina Reynolds Jackson, CA

We had Sunrun installed some six months ago. We called a bunch of people and they came out first, their representative was just excellent. The main reason we signed up with them was that Costco backed them. We're happy with it.

Reply from Sunrun

That's what we love to hear, Mike B! We pride ourselves on making the switch to solar simple, hassle-free, and full of savings! So excited to welcome you to the Sunrun family! Thanks for helping us create planet run by the sun. Power Forward! #savewiththesun

CN Northridge, CA

I started with this company thru Costco in January. It is now September and my solar is still not installed. Everytime I escalate the issue, someone would contact me for a day then disappears. If I try to contact them back, no one would return my call or text. Meanwhile, they already started auto payment even though I was told I would not have to start paying until my solar has been installed. I’m going to give them a few more months. If I don’t get my solar panels, I will cancel. Hopefully I get my money back.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, CN. We'd be happy to look into this for you and we will be sending you a private message requesting additional account information so that we can assign a Specialist to assist you directly.

Sep. 24th, 2022

Donald D Flemming Concord, CA

Hard to contact after the fact. Wanted to add a battery and noo ne ever called back. Rep in Costco was rude and said you only sold batteries with complete syatems.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your interest in our backup battery, Donald. We are working on a retrofit solution for existing customers and also expanding our home battery solution to more states. As soon as a retrofit is available, we will let our customers know. Thanks!

Jun. 23rd, 2022

Fred Apple Valley, CA

We shop at Costco and we found the company there and we went with them because we wanted the best company. They answered all out questions. It has gone quickly and we’ve had no problems.

Angela Escondido, CA

I liked that it was offered through Costco. The instillation was quick and went well. They're very slow to respond as far as sending people out for repairs. The turnaround time it is too long. We had problems with the inverter and they had to give us a new one under warranty. We were without our solar power for a long time. We had to go back on SDG&E at peak rates. It was a good two months and it wasn't until I got Costco involved that anything started to happen. The whole process to get the inverter replaced was very difficult.

Arjay Escondido, CA

It is priced competitively and affiliated with Costco and I think it is top notch industry standard equipment. The installation was pretty straight forward and I had a positive experience with their support and service.

Reply from Sunrun

We offer a variety of products Arjay and we are extremely pleased to hear we offered you one that fits your needs as a consumer. Let's create a better planet, a planet run by the sun!

Apr. 11th, 2019

Robert Gardner Livermore, CA

We talked to some people in Costco about solar and came up with SunRun. Everything sounded really safe so we decided to go with it. The people that came to install it were very good workers, very pleasant to have around.

Reply from Sunrun

Providing the best customer experience is key when our mission is to create a planet run by the sun. Thanks for sharing your story! We are thrilled to welcome you to the Sunrun Family!

J Charette-BassiriRad Oak Park, IL

I had started to shop around for a solar company, was thinking about purchasing a system from another company, but was feeling pressured. Then at Costco in Oakbrook, and someone was at a new kiosk on the way out. This person was extremely knowledgeable, so considering how I was feeling about the other company, I set up a sales call. Ben J came out and talk about knowing his stuff. He asked me a few questions, saw I didn't use that much electricity, so set me up with a 20 yr lease as he said it didn't make sense for me to purchase, and when I sold down the line, the lease would move to the next owner. Every step was set up quickly, and went so smoothly as each technician were such pros. I cannot recommend them highly enough on just their own work and customer service, but knowing Costco thinks they are good enough to back up SunRun for as long as they have out West and in California where they both started out, is another excellent reason. To me, you cannot go wrong!

Reply from Sunrun

You brightened our day! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy you chose us as your solar provider. Welcome to the Sunrun family!

Sep. 27th, 2021

Danniel Henderson, NV

Sunrun fulfilled everything promised and more. The sales agent, Noah, followed through on everything in a professional and timely manner. The installation team said install would take a day and it took only half a day. The installation was top notch and the explanation of how to operate the system was thorough. It’s winter and our system is producing 85 to 90% of peak power. When spring and summer arrives our output should exceed expectations. To make all this even greater the rebates from Costco saved us nearly $1100. I already referred Sunrun to our neighbors and their system was just installed. I can’t recommend enough Sunrun system purchased through Costco.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you so much for leaving this review Danniel. We enjoy reading about your experience. There are areas of opportunity, for example, the time it can take to install the panels we appreciate the feedback. We're also delighted to hear the sales representative made your experience that much better. Welcome to the Sunrun family!

Dec. 31st, 2018

Rob Leavitt Newbury Park, CA

Our experience with Sunrun was excellent! From the initial sales presentation through the installation, and follow up, the service left nothing to be desired. We were ecstatic to see our first bill of 98 cents! We were going to use cash from a refi, but their loan option was even better (The power of Costco!) We can pay it off as fast as we want with no penalty. No matter how much we choose to pay per month, we end up saving hugely! Let them run your numbers, and you'll see! ...And they cover maintenance and repair for the first 20 years, with the option to pay them monthly to continue covering all maintenance and any repairs!

Kim Rupert

We purchased our Sunrun system through Costco, which made the whole process very easy. Because Costco was behind the program, we didn't worry about the company being a fly-by-night concern nor getting any glitches resolved. Sunrun was here when they said they would be, did what they said they would do, installed everything quickly and efficiently and we are now approaching our one year true-up with PG&E. If true-up were today, we would owe less than $25 TOTAL for electricity for the past ten months. With hotter weather on the way, we expect to actually receive a little money back from PG&E instead of owing them anything. The Sunrun system has worked perfectly, with NO issues at all. One of the best parts is, the company IS a roofing company and they offer a 15 year roof penetration warranty on their installations. We received the service, peace of mind and our money's worth!

Joyce Muirhead Simi Valley, CA

Our a solar system was installed by Sunrun in Sept 2014 purchased through Costco.. The installation of 21 panels took a day and a half, even though the temperature was well over 100 degrees. There was a large crew of at least ten men installing the panels and electricians setting up the electrical. We took advantage of the 30% tax credit. We produce almost all of our energy now. Our electric bill is approximatelyt $10.00 per month for use of the power grid and any unused energy is banked for a period of 12 months. We couldn't be happier with our system and the service we received. We would highly recommend Sunrun to anyone.

Rogelio Bellflower, CA

So let me tell you about Sunrun. They are great when they're trying to get your money, but once you have a problem they pretty much disappear and neglect you. I signed up through Costco. The guy that came was great. He was very knowledgeable. I was sold. One of the things he sold me was a battery which they call a BrightBox. This BrightBox cost me $5,000 and some dollars. For a year and a half I was happy with the equipment and I was telling my friends and family about Sunrun. Well that was before any problems started. Now, back in June, My BrightBox went out. I contacted the company they said they would schedule someone to come out and take a look. OK. So a few weeks later a guy comes out and explains that LG makes the BrightBox and the fuse is blown but LG does not allow them to change a fuse. Instead he'll have to order a new BrightBox and install it in a couple of weeks. A couple of weeks turned into a month. Now, on August 25th a new guy comes out and since I am working from home I told him to go into the garage and do his thing. I come out on my break to see the new battery, but there is no new battery. Same old battery. I call the guy to see what's going and you know what he tells me???? He says, " Oh, your fuse is blown I have to order you a new battery." I say, "No! We know the fuse is blown. You're supposed to install a new battery." He says, " I'll check the work order." Does he ever call back? NO! I call Sunrun, and an hour later an agent takes my info and says someone will call me back within two days. I send customer service an email. To be honest a very upset email. Did anyone ever call me back? NO!!! Did anyone ever email me? NO!!! In short I have a piece of worthless aluminum hanging on my garage wall which I paid $5,000 and some dollars for. Sunrun doesn't care that I've been without it for TWO MONTHS now. If you're interested in solar that's great, but I would not recommend Sunrun as your company.

Reply from Sunrun

Rogelio, We are sorry to hear about this negative experience and would like the opportunity to address any specific concerns you have regarding your system's performance. Please send us a private message with your address and we have a Specialist reach out.

Jan. 29th, 2021

Paul R, Visalia Visalia, CA

Outstanding customer service. They communicated each and every step of the way and made the process simple. SunRun and Costco together ensured a positive experience

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Paul R. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience, we love to hear that we were communicative every step of the way and made the process easy for you! We strive to be Human-Centered and this is a great example. Welcome to the Sunrun family!

Feb. 12th, 2019

Chuck Fraley Carlsbad, CA

We went thru Costco for the extra security. Sunrun's installation was neat, well organized and well coordinated with a new roof we installed at the same time. We chose a lesser percent (roughly 75% of our previous years usage) and have now gone almost two years and our balance with the electric company is under $100, when our monthly bills ran $265 on average. Great experience.

Reply from Sunrun

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story, Chuck F! Our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive and focusing on each individual customer's experience! We also understand strict safety, professionalism, and organizational standards all go along with that. After all, we're only happy when you are! So thrilled you're with Sunrun! Power Forward!

Mar. 9th, 2018

Robert

I opted for Sun Run because they were promoted and backed by Costco. Their salesperson was knowledgable and honest, and I investigated the panels they were offering and they were very efficient, though maybe not the absolute best. It took a couple of months to get all the local and state approvals and for the panels to arrive. The installation went pretty quickly considering there were over 30 panels (I wanted to cover Tiers 1 and 2 - we are with LA DWP) and I went up on our flat roof a few times to take pictures etc. They finished their work and replaced carefully all the tiles that had to be removed to access the roof safely. Here is the good news/bad news. The day after they completed, it poured buckets. I woke up to find a waterfall in the family room because two of the anchor holes they have to drill to protect their workers on the roof, were not plugged like the others. The good news part is that we discovered the problem right away and they came out to verify the problem and temporarily stop the holes. They also stepped up to pay for the cleaning of the Persian Rug, the sofa, refinish the wood table, refinish the entire wood floor in the family room, gave us $350 in gift certificates as additional compensation. So although they made a terrible mistake, and we were inconvenienced for several weeks, they took charge and provided first class service to fix everything. After five months of use, no problems, and my electric bill has been the minimum $11/month fixed fee, and I have accumulated credits to use if I go over my production. The communications during this process were quick and regular. I have read the other reviews and most of the unhappy ones were from the East coast and not from California or the rest of the West, although many had no geographic identification.

Mr. Ferguson Glendale, AZ

My wife and I chose sunrun because they were advertising in Costco, and they use only the best products. After having the rep. out to my home and were quoted almost half the price as all other solar company's, we new we had to try them out. Installation was a breeze no problems at all. The foreman for the job was always here. I have a flat roof on my house, so I was worried about leaks and Mother nature gave it a trial run, and we had two leaks which were taken care of quickly. The drywall was replaced and repainted by sunrun.

RONALD WHITE Show Low, AZ

I personally leased this system from SunRun through our local Costco for our temporary home until my daughter could purchase the house from us. The system is still in our name, no problem with SunRun. They were very professional in the whole transaction including customer service after the system was installed. We had to have them come out to remove the system for an install of a new replacement roof just last year. They only charged us $500 for this and it included updating the rack and other electrical connections. I highly recommend SunRun for through Costco for a solar system lease or purchase.

Reply from Sunrun

Thanks for your review, Ronald! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part by helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Sep. 2nd, 2021

Walter Staten Island, NY

I trust them because they were advertised by Costco. It is as good of quality as you get. They were done installing it one day and it was handled great.

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Walter, gaining your trust is important. Thanks to partnering with Costco we were able to have you go solar with a trustworthy company. We are a great partnership, let's help create a planet run by the sun.

May. 4th, 2019

Thomas Laguna Niguel, CA

I went with them because they are through Costco. Everything was great, I am highly satisfied. the equipment is working great.

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Thomas. We love to hear that you went through our partner Costco and that your experience was tremendous!

Apr. 15th, 2019

Michael Battistoni Bakersfield, CA

They were available through Costco. My conversation with their representative was great and, since it all seemed very reasonable, I decided to sign up for the service.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Michael B! We know service issues can be aggravating, and we are thrilled this was handled in a satisfactory manner.

[email protected] Stockton, CA

We did considerable research prior to purchasing. Sunrun was far and above the competition. For our situation purchasing was the best option. Going through the link on Costco was an added benefit. Sunrun did everything they said they would when they said they would do it. Totally satisfied with this first class company and John our contact person.

Reply from Sunrun

We are happy to see you are happy with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review. Let's create a planet run by the sun.

Jun. 29th, 2021

Greg Millard

We installed a 600kwh system - for the past two years it has amazingly produced an average of 615 kwh/mo so we have had NO Electric Bills and for each trueup we have received just over $100 - purrfect. We are happy with all aspects of the project including the system purchase through Costco.

Frene Ignacio Glendale, AZ

1. My first call to inquire about Sunrun was to COSTCO where I picked up a brochure . My husband and I were talking solar system for our house because electric is getting higher every year from SRP. Costco said that Sunrun is only for COSTCO members. We were not , we are using our employers company Costco card. So I google for the 5 best solar company in AZ. I found Sunrun as No. 1 in the list. So I called, the lady that answered the phone asked some information about our location and the electric company. She told me that Sunrun does not deal with SRP because SRP are difficult to work with. Okay and thanked her for the info.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Frene I.We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication and service surrounding this matter. Please rest assure this is-not how we do business and we'll work to turn this experience around.

Oct. 2nd, 2018

Bill Meinke Long Beach, CA

Very satisfied. We purchased Sunrun through Costco. Very smooth. They beat all of their benchmark dates by quite a bit. Sales was very low key but gave us more insight than other companies. Installation was quick and clean. Highly recommended.

Janelle Thomas Alamo, CA

***DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!*** My Solar System was installed and ready for use back in November of 2020. It took over a month to get someone out just to connect the system and get it running, mind you I had already had money snatched out of my account for that first month. After connection, system stopped working right away. We made several phone calls, attempting to schedule a service appointment but had to wait weeks before they sent someone out to service it. Unfortunately the person they sent only took pictures and said they needed to send someone else. Another long wait.. next person to show, changed the fuse. Unit worked only a few days and back off again. Another long wait.. next service said we needed a new system because it would keep blowing fuses. Another long wait.. To make a very long story short with months of back and fourth, we went a total of almost 4 months with no Solar!! I called right away back in Dec after 1st payment was taken and we had no solar and they said we would be refunded for time we were without solar. When I asked again about them taking money out my account for a service I didn't have we were again assured about refund but had to wait til new system was installed and working properly. Once that happened, we were then told that we had to wait for our Anny year to receive a refund. After waiting the year and receiving an upcharge from PG&E for $553.33, we were then told that we had to wait a week more for them to estimate our annual system output so they could see how much they'd owe us. I waited the week, called back and was told that our system still wasn't working at 100% and that they couldn't get us the calculations needed to refund us til it was. I was then told that someone would contact us with an appt time and of course that never happened. We've been waiting on that call/appt since Nov of 2021. Over the course of a year I asked to speak to a manager or resolution team and was always told an email was sent and someone would call us. That call NEVER came, not once! This has been by far the WORST experience EVER!!! I can't believe Costco backs this Company, what a joke!! I filed a complaint with the BBB and their response was that they're looking into it. It's been exactly 8 days and still no update. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO LOOK INTO A MATTER???? This is and has been their MO since the beginning. My next step with be legal action, I'm soo tired of waited!!

Reply from Sunrun

Thanks for letting us know, Janelle. We're so sorry it's taking longer than what was discussed. Please send us a private message with your service address so that we can help speed things up. Thanks!

Feb. 10th, 2022

Gopal Nair Boardman, OR

Our battery for the Solar stopped working months ago, and Sunrun has no answer on when it will be fixed. They have claimed over the last 4 -5 months that they are waiting on their supplier to deliver the battery parts. meanwhile they started sending out checks for $52 each monthly without actually telling us what it was for. We assumed it was calculation error in the payments made and was being refunded for that. Over the last call, we were informed that the payment was being made in lieu. New subscribers BEWARE. Horrible customer service. No one seems to know anything that's happening . I am beginning to suspect that their online chat service is a robot because you get the same answers each time. Never thought that COSTCO would deal with such a company.

Reply from Sunrun

We're so sorry to hear this, Golpa. We certainly don't want you to feel frustrated. Please send us a private message with your service address so that we can help resolve this for you. Thanks!

Jan. 28th, 2022

James sylvia Mesa, AZ

PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING SUN RUN. I was introduced to Sun Run through Costco while in Home Depo. I have always trusted vendors that operate through these two companies as being thoroughly vetted. The salesman we met with told my family, "We may not be the cheapest, but we will make up for it with superior customer service ." My experience with Sun Run has been a nightmare. I built a brand-new home and hired Sun Run. The initial install was quoted for half a day. The crew was here for three, and when they left, they had only completed a partial install. The team blamed Sun Run for not supplying them with the necessary parts to complete the installation. An installation crew member explained that he was instructed to "make it work" with what they have. This resulted in the crew cutting untreated 2X4 slats in my driveway to secure solar panels. When the team left, I inspected what I could see from a neighboring lot. It is evident that some of the panels were diagonal and not in line with the others. I climbed a ladder to gain a closer look and found that three panels were not installed at all and were, in fact, just sitting on my roof. I retrieved one without getting on the roof but contacted Sun Run about the other two. It took two days before someone came out to inspect my complaint. These unsecured panels could have blown off at any time and injured someone. I submitted my findings to Sun Run, and they attempted damage control by sending a crew out unannounced. I only knew of their existence because I heard someone on my roof. By the time I confronted the crew, they had removed the two unsecured panels and filled the bed of a truck half full of broken tiles retrieved from the roof. The crew asked permission to enter my attic space to inspect the work of the previous crew. I allowed on the condition that they did not take any tools to cover up mistakes made by the last crew. While they were up there, they unplugged my security system. I can only guess they were hoping this would disable recording; however, this only disabled me from accessing the recordings remotely. Locally everything was still being stored. After seeing the wood and unsecured panels, I decided to hire a third-party home inspection company. What they found was beyond incompetence on Sun Run's behalf. After I submitted my finding, Sun Run sent another crew out. The gentleman who came out told me that he has been with Sun Run for 14 years, and mine was the worst install he has ever seen. We worked out an agreement that Sun Run would hire a nonaffiliated roofer to do any repairs before we continued the solar panel installation. Some days later, it started raining. My roof was full of missing tiles and numerous holes where the original crew attempted to tie into the trusses, missed and left the holes unfilled. My brand-new roof was leaking! I contacted Sun Run through their customer service number because they were ignoring my Emails. Sun Run sent a crew out to replace the missing tiles and stop any leaks. At this time, the crew leader informed me that the install job was unsalvageable. They took down everything the original crew had installed and replaced the broken tiles. They assured me that they would do what they were within the scope of their profession. Then the aforementioned unaffiliated roofer would come and make the repairs. The next day the roofer arrived and spent about an hour before leaving. I contacted Sun Run and asked for the report from the roofer. To this day, they have not given me the report. The solar panels have been stored in my garage for months now. Sun Run started my install in September, and it’s now mid-January. My driveway is permanently stained from the 'make it work" crew, and now I'm having to deal with their legal department because I want to cancel with them. They won't let my family out of the contract because they claim they already installed the same panels stored in my garage. I have filed with the R.O.C, and now I'm trying to warn everyone I can about my experience with Sun Run.

Reply from Sunrun

We're so sorry to hear this, James. We certainly don't want you to feel frustrated. Please send us a private message with your service address so that we can help resolve this for you. Thanks!

Jan. 11th, 2022

Juyi Youk Gilbert, AZ

I had a free consultation 3 weeks ago. Costco financing and gift card bla bla was all good. I didn't sign right away. 2 weeks later I sent text massages to sales person that I might want to start later and not right away and I had some additional questions. My phone showed the massage was read. No respond until now. I can imagine how good customer service I could get once it is sold and installed.

Coach K

Pricing. Professionalism. Innovation. Ease of use. Great communication. Backed by Costco

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Coach K. Thank you for sharing your experience, quality and reliability are major values we uphold, so exceeding your expectations is possible. We are grateful for your review!

Apr. 16th, 2018

George Osborne Topanga, CA

We had our Sunrun installed after purchasing via Costco in 2016. Up until July 20, 2021 all went well. When we received our July energy bill from Edison it was obvious something was wrong as we owed them $550.00. Our average monthly bill is usually a couple of dollars. We checked and discovered the solar system hadn't been working since July 20th. Sunrun advertises that if our system stops they will notify us as they receive notification from their system. That never happened. Since then, it is now October 5th our system still has not been fixed and we now owe Edison over $2000.00 I have notified Sunrun several times, received several service dates that have been ignored. We did have a Technician respond on September 9th and informed us the Invertor needed to be replaced and he ordered one. He told us that it should be in within 7-9 working days. As of Oct 5th we are still waiting. I have repeatedly called Sunrun and been jerked around by Sunrun Customer Care representatives who have not resolved our problem, not called us back as promised and scheduled new repair orders that were like original orders to determine the problem. Some of those never bothered to show up either. I am currently waiting for a Supervisor from Sunrun to call me back as they were "all in a meeting" when I requested to speak to one. It's no wonder Sunrun recently changed their CEO but so far with the same lack luster results.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you so much for letting us know, George. We are sorry this was your experience, we would be frustrated too! Please send us a private message with your full service address so that we can help you out. Thank you!

Oct. 8th, 2021

Chris Lemoore, CA

Problems from start. We sign and pay for a upgrade panel. The day of installation they have the exactly same panel and try lying and bs me. After talking to a rude lady at sunrun who want to fors me to let them install. She even threaten me after her second threat of no electricity till after installation. I lost my temper and run them off. PGE restore my power later the day. After paperwork prove me right they honor it but add 4 weeks to installation. The installation was smooth. Then the next shocker 2 months later we need to pay for the system not producing and PGE for electricity. We call PGE who need paperwork. Back to sunrun and another week of headache it was sorted out From signing the papers in 09/30/2020 till panels produce 01/05/2021 five months later. Then come the next shocker Monitoring!!!! Promise when buying. You can login and monitor the system BIG FAT LIE!!!! Well all you can see is what the whole system was preducing yesterday. How is that monitoring ????? That is absolute no monitoring half of your system can be down or 2 panels are broken and you will not know it. According to Sunrun call center representative they themself can't monitor it in real time. Friends of mine can log into their system and see in real time every panel performance that is monitoring and that is what sunrun promis a BIG FAT LIE. That make the whole maintaining thing BS. This is the most dishonest industry I ever dealt with in my life. From out right lies to grossly false representation. After getting 4 quotes. We go with sunrun thinking that backing from costco mean something. It turn out not so much. We try get costco involved over the panel issue what a waste of time no help. We was on our own to fix it yourself. The monitoring turn out to be one of the grossly false representation we have to live with the most important function and the biggest reason I would not recommend Sunrun to no one

debra farrell Loma Linda, CA

We signed an agreement on 8/31/20 with Nathan, who was good. Then on Monday, 9/14/20, things started to get worse, phone and email were unable to connect/or disconnected. Everyday from 9/14/20, we keep getting a new contract to sign which we did not. In addition, we had to track down who to contact. On Friday, Aaron was telling us about a lease contract but we had a purchase agreement, which we did not know until Guy told us on Sunday night 9/20/20. Today, we keep getting the contract to sign and for the past several days, the contract still has to be fixed. Final, an email was sent to this evening to both Costco & Sunrun to cancel the contract with Sunrun for several reasons. We were told that the way Sunrun handled this was not correct. Now we looking for a new company

Reply from Sunrun

Debra, we would love to help resolve the concerns that you have. In order to do so, we need you to please send us a direct message with your address, which we have previously requested. Thank you.

Jan. 29th, 2021

Ram K Fremont, CA

Hello Consumers: I would like to share my ongoing experience with SunRun solar company. I had solar installed at my residence 2 years ago. Couple of months ago I noticed that solar is not generating production and same time we kept our home on sale (April, 2020) I called Sunrun customer service to schedule an appointment. This is during COVID pandemic. 2.5 weeks later service guy visited and found that inverter needs to be replaced and I was told that in 2-3 weeks inverter will be replaced because they need to order, don't have any in stock. this happened in 2nd week of May. As I mentioned earlier that our home is on sale, we got offer, pricing finalized, sale process started and planning to close escrow soon. unfortunate thing is I cannot close escrow because solar is not working. so I called Sunrun customer service in 1st week of June, they said they are still working, may be another 2-3 weeks. I explained them the urgency and I was bit frustrated. On June 12th, I called customer service again and asked to escalate the issue further. one of their manager/case representative talked to me, said that he a good news, they got the inverter and someone from company called Sun Systems Technologies will call me in 2-3 days to schedule an appointment. Guess what today is 6/20, nothing happened. I called customer service again on 6/18 to check on status as I did not received any call from Sun Systems Technologies, I was told to contact them directly instead of calling SunRun. So I did (its like we are at the mercy of Sunrun) called Sun Systems Technologies, they said they had a question for Sunrun about my service request and question was sent on 6/16 but they don't have reply yet to schedule an appointment. Again I called SunRun (same day) to find out the status, its like I am working for them. then I was told by SunRun that they talked to Sun Systems Technologies and I will receive call in 2 days. As I said before today is 6/20. nothing happened. I guess Sun Systems Technologies is closed today, I called them, no response. As expected its been 40 mins now, I am still on call & waiting for someone to answer my call at SunRun customer service. Now, I am worried that escrow closing will get further delayed and buyer will be frustrated as they have commitments to move from old house to new house and of course my blood pressure is high too because of this nonsense, pathetic customer service. Also I am contacting legal to get some advise to file a case, as my escrow closing is getting delayed and circumstances of delay are bad for me and for my buyer. I never experienced such a pathetic customer service, SunRun is typical UPSELLING COMPANY. No service commitments. I am sure their management will learn more if they ever heard recorded calls. Here are the worst parts of this experience. 1. whenever you call customer service you have to wait minimum 20-30 minutes if you're lucky you may need to wait more than 30 mins. Now we are going through COVID pandemic, its an excuse for them to say that customers needs to wait longer than waiting period. 2. Its a $850 million dollar revenue company, cannot even carry sufficient inventory to service their customers. I guess they don't understand about customer service. they can only sell using tax credit technique. 3. No escalation management and ofcourse no ownership. 4. seriously worst customer service. many times they don't know what they are talking about. 5. Though I explained the need of inverter replacement, no one seems to be understanding. I waited for almost 2 months and still waiting. Here is my request(s). 1. PLEASE DONT BUY SOLAR INSTALLATION FROM SUNRUN.THEY ARE PURELY AN UPSELLING COMPANY. IF YOU ASK FOR INSTALLATION, WITHIN 24 HOURS SOMEONE WILL CALL YOU. IF YOU ASK FOR SERVICE, NOW YOU ARE ON THIER MERCY, YOU BETTER BE AWAY FROM THEM. 2. I KNOW THAT SUNRUN HAS A BOOTH IN SOME COSTCO STORES. DONT FALL IN TO SUNRUN TRAP WHEN THEY EXPLAIN YOU TECHNIQUES, COSTCO CARDS/DISCOUNTS AND TAX CREDITS ( ONCE I WAS VICTIM OF THIS TRICK). TAX CREDITS, YOU CAN GET FROM FEDERAL IF YOU INSTALL SOLAR FROM ANY REGISTERED SOLAR COMPANY(NOTHING TO DO WITH SUNRUN). AND FOR FEW HUNDREDS DOLLARS OF COSTCO CARDS/DISCOUNTS ITS NOT WORTH, LATER YOU HAVE TO SPEND MANY HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS VISITING DOCTORS BECUASE OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND FRUSTRATION. Actually they deserve minus stars. Thanks for reading this review, hope my experience may help you to make decision to go with SunRun. I still need to wait to get inverter replaced before I close the escrow of home sale. Good luck and best wishes. Ram Koppula

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your feedback. We hate to hear that your experience with us has been unsatisfactory. Our goal has always been to be as transparent as possible when advising on solar. It is disheartening to hear this was not the case for you. We do work with trusted partners, who complete installations and solar advising for us, but the agreement is with Sunrun. Please feel free to contact us at 855-478-6786 if you wish to discuss the matter further.

Jul. 6th, 2020

A. Fredericks

I have never had a worse sales experience in my life. Misrepresentations, half-truths and flat out lies was the sale’s rep’s M.O. from the moment he stepped into my home. Here is the story: I stopped by the Sunrun kiosk at my local Costco and said I was interested in talking to a company representative about installing solar panels on my garage. I was clear, that I didn’t want panels on my home. Two days later a sales rep came to my house and presented a plan that filled the southern and western roof exposures of my house with panels. I immediately told him that this is not what I want. He banged around on his computer for minute and told me, no problem, he just submitted a “re-design” and it should be ready for me to look at very soon, but recommended we continue the presentation with the plan he had. I reiterated, that I’m not interested in a house full of panels. He was there for nearly 2 hours and the redesign that was going to be ready any moment, never came through. He gave the excuse that he was having trouble with his computer or something of that nature. When asked specific questions like how the tax incentives or Costco 10% rebate was calculated, he said he wasn’t really sure how those things worked. Against my better judgment, he convinced me that I should sign an agreement that didn’t commit me anything, but they needed it to complete that site visit and give me an accurate price quote. Again, I reiterated that I am interested in having panels on my garage and possibly only one roof surface of my main house. Fast forward- site visit tech comes with orders to measure for a plan to put panels on the entire house. I informed him that I told my sales rep on several occasions ( I even have it in writing) that I’m not interested in that plan. He said that info was never relayed to him. I called the sales rep and leave a message to complain. 30 minutes AFTER technician is there the sales rep texts me and says the tech has canceled the appointment. "That’s odd," I say, because he has been here half an hour and is measuring for the plan I have repeatedly said I do not want. He gives me a song and dance about how they have to measure and inspect all the roof surfaces for engineering purposes. On site tech tells me that is nonsense and also tells me that he got a message from his boss saying sales rep called and canceled our appointment, but it was too late, he was already there. About a week later, after being told the plan was almost done and all they needed to finish it was a copy of my electric bill, another tech shows up at our house unannounced with no scheduled appointment saying he needs to take a cover off of our electrical panel and take more measurements. Says the sales rep was supposed to schedule it with us and inform us he was coming. Additionally, they sent paperwork to the state saying they were installing solar at my house before they even showed me a plan to agree on. At this point I had had enough, and want out. I was told, "this isn't how we operate." Even the project manager was embarrassed by the unprofessional nature of the whole thing. Bottom line- BE CAREFUL!

James

More knowledgeable staff regarding layouts, online interaction was great. Seamless integration from sales force to order stage. Awesome working through Costco for the sales.

gina Herbert Dallas, TX

I started the process with this company and was told by my salesman Darren in June that my electrical panels would be done and the repairs regarding, also I would be given back my money regarding the switch fee for the power company. This has not happened. I was also told that I could contact customer service any time for help or questions. This is not accurate at all. Like I said my process started and June last month they finally finished the repairs last month. This only happened because I had to go to Costco and request that they contact sunrun. I called my sales man Darren from June until our last communication in August 9th. He didn't contact me again until I refused to have the panels installed. Before that when trying to reach sunrun after months of emails, calls and unanswered texts. I was contacted by someone named Jill who was the rudest person on the planet she in essence told me that I would not be refunded the the change fee at all. So I was lied to and in essence when they thought my sale was in the bag I was a viable Customer after I signed the contract I didn't matter. My biggest issue is what happens when the panels are installed who do I call. Because the 800 number doesn't work and neither does the emal.?

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your communication Gina. We are saddened to hear you've had this experience, and this is not the Sunrun norm. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! This begins with our unwavering dedication to make sure your questions are addressed. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

Nov. 17th, 2018

Roger I. Palmdale, CA

I dont have enough space to list all issues I have had since signing up with Sunrun but I will say it has been the worst decision I have ever made as a homeowner. Since my system was installed (over 4 years now) it has not once produced the power promised. Even with my Sunrun system I am paying the electric company between $1300 and $2000 a year. Please dont be fooled by the "guarantee" they offer on your power production, it is a scam. What it does is pays you for what they dont produce however it does not come close to covering what you will pay your electric company. The purpose of solar is to keep you in lower tiers with your utility company. When solar under produces your tiers go up and you pay the higher rate. For example my Edison bill last year was a bit over $1300, Sunrun gave me about $300 back in underproduction and I get stuck paying the extra $1000 out of pocket to Edison. Sunrun has done nothing to fix the issue and the customer service is nonexistent. The folks who answer the calls are always very polite however they cant resolve your problems. They promise a "supervisor" or the right person will call you back but nobody ever does. Oddly every time I call all of the supervisors are "in a meeting" all at the same time. Since I am in a contract there is really nothing I can do and they know it. Next is their "warrant" they speak of. It sounds great that they will monitor your system and do any and all repairs for free. Here is the issue with that. About two years after my under producing system was installed my "inverter" went out during the summer months which means I was producing zero power. Sunrun let me know that they were out of stock and it would be months before they fixed it. I asked if that meant they were not able to do any new installs across the entire country because they had no inverters and of course they said they had inverters to do new installs but none to repair the systems of their "valued" customers. So I went many months of no solar at all but don't think for a second they will let you stop paying them even though they wont repair your system. Anyway my Edison bill was $2000 that year and what Sunrun refunded me didn't even come close to covering it. If nothing else please do your homework and get quotes from several reputable companies before you go solar and truly understand your contract. I made mistakes as well that are completely my own fault. I am paying Sunrun more money for less power than some of my friends/relatives I was able to steer away from Sunrun to other companies. The salesman gave me a good pitch and I signed up without shopping around. That is completely my fault but all I have asked from Sunrun is to simply produce the power I am paying for and they have not lived up to their end of the deal one time since I signed on. And again, your in a contract for a very long time. Once they have you on the hook they have zero motivation to help you. All I can do at this point is tell my story in reviews and hang out with the poor sales representatives at Costco and warn all of their potential victims about what they are really getting with Sunrun. I don't know if there is a way for potential customers to contact me direct from here but if there is feel free to message me. I will be glad to explain all of the issues I have and what I have learned. I really don't want to see anyone get stuck in the same situation I am in. Also as of the date of this review my system is completely shut down and not producing any power. I have no idea if/when they will repair it so I can at least get what little power it does produce.

Reply from Sunrun

Thank you for your feedback Roger. First off, we would like to sincerely apologize for your experience. This is not the Sunrun norm and we would love an opportunity to review exactly what went wrong here. If interested, please provide the name and address on your Agreement so that we can reach out to further discuss your experience. We do not take this lightly and will provide the necessary feedback to the appropriate Managers. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Jul. 9th, 2018

Christina Boydston Fallbrook, CA

TERRIBLE COMPANY We starting a project of getting solar installed with Sunrun in our new home shortly after we moved in in October 2016. Through our time working on this project, we have run against a lot of confusion, errors and overall frustrations. There are many solar companies that we have talked to but we decided to move forward with your company due to your connection with Costco. We have always been impressed with Costco and figured a company working with Costco should have a similar customer focus and professionalism. I would like to go through a few of our many frustrations that we have experienced in working with Sunrun. We started the project in November and didn't get everything installed until Sept 22. They had initially told us that the panels would be installed by April-May of 2017. The communication between our projects leads and the owners of the home was very poor. When we set up our project we set it up originally off of a partial electric bill. Once we realized this we asked to increase the size and quantity of the panels on our project to get closer to our actual energy usage. The employee who was at the house then set it up as two different projects on the same property. One project being the original plan (as the original project was already moving through the process). The second project being the additional panels required for the second plan. At some point, they realized they could not do it as two separate projects so they canceled the separate projects causing us to get an automatic email notification that our project was canceled. In order for us to find out what happened, we had to call them. The canceling of the projects caused an issue with the financing process which we as the customer had to resolve through a series of phone calls and a series of additional paperwork. We were told originally that the roof repair work would be covered in the installation. A while into the project we were informed via email that we would have to pay an additional amount to cover the overage. I called to find out more and was assured a number of times that it was covered. Additional emails came stating we needed to pay, leading to an additional phone call where they stated that we indeed needed to pay extra and that the extra could not be financed. When they came to change out the electric panel we were not informed that our power would be turned off for the whole day until the contractors arrived that day. The communication was buried in a few PDF files attached to an email. No one asked if we wanted to keep the old panel leading to the contractors to throw it away without our permission. After installation, the contractors left us with very limited information about the system and how it worked etc. Causing us to have to follow up with the company to get the manual and other instructions for our new $50,000 appliance. Meanwhile, there were several different people that would contact us for various things and there was no continuity of contacts. Further, there are 4 owners of this property and we asked them numerous times to copy all of us on all email communications which did not happen. After the installation of the system was complete our pump on the pond was not working. We thought it was an issue with the pump so we called someone out to repair it. Come to find out it was not a problem with the pump, the problem was that the panel was not appropriately hooked up to the pump. The screw in the panel box was not connected to the wire. This was causing a spike in electricity usage and causing the pump to not work. In order to determine this, we had to call out a pump guy and an electrician to tell us that Sunrun screwed up the connection. The electrician was able to fix this issue but this cost us extra time and money. Now this month we got our electric bill showing our connection to the solar. At first, it looked promising, until we got a second bill in the mail. I called up SDGE and found out that Sunrun had only hooked the solar up to our water pump electric meter and not to the house. So now not only am I still paying for my HIGH electricity bill on the main property but now I am paying for my solar panels that were supposed to help lower the cost of my electricity. Apparently, the wrong application was filed. A dual application needs to be submitted to connect the solar to both the house and the water pump meters. We did inform a few of the people that we worked with over the last year that there were 2 different electricity meters on the property. All in all, these are some of the biggest issues we have had through this process. There are other issues that were minor but still should not have happened. I have to say that in the end we have not been impressed with Sunrun and would not recommend them to anyone else. We are very disappointed how this entire project was handled. In my opinion, this experience was not worthy of its connection with Costco. They have also sent us to collections for a bill they never sent us and a bill that customer service has no record of. DO NOT USE THEM.

Reply from Sunrun

Hello Christina B. Thank you for reaching out! We sincerely apologize for the overall experience you've had with Sunrun. I understand that you have been working with our executive escalations Manager. He is working with you towards a resolution. Our goal is to deliver a top-notch customer experience and to hear this was not the case is disheartening. We have shared your feedback with our leadership team.

Jun. 15th, 2018