ION Solar

7.0

LAST UPDATED: September 17th, 2022

Previously known as Vision Solar, ION Solar is a full-service solar energy provider that was founded in 2013. Full-service includes a custom-designed system, all permitting, solar installation, inspection, and solar panel system maintenance.

ION Solar aims to offer affordable solar solutions that give customers the benefits of solar with little or no up-front costs. The company's services are currently available in Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Virginia.

SunPower Logo
#1 SunPower chevron_right
ADT Solar Logo
#2 ADT Solar chevron_right

The Good

• No Subcontracting
  • Maintenance is Included
  • Increased Home Value
  • System Monitoring
  • Awards and Certifications
  • ION Earth Program

No Subcontracting

ION Solar does not outsource any of its installations, meaning the company installs every solar panel and inverter itself. Working with a full-service provider like ION Solar generally bodes well for homeowners as the company will then have full control over who is in and around your home and your family.

If you ever come across a company that does use subcontractors for any part of the project, we would suggest finding another solar company to do business with— it's just too risky. While the solar company itself might be licensed, the subcontractors might not be. Additionally, the more people who are involved in the project, the bigger chance there is for miscommunication and lack of quality.

Maintenance is Included

ION Solar states that the system they provide you includes free maintenance and repairs for the entire life of the contract.

In reality, solar panels don't require much maintenance other than being sprayed down with water every few months to keep the dust and dirt buildup that could limit sunlight off of them.

However, if something does happen, ION Solar will be there to take care of it for you.

Increased Home Value

Installing solar panels will increase the value of your home and, according to ION Solar, if you ever sell your home, the company will transfer your solar power agreement to the new owner. Therefore, having a solar system that is already in place and transferable will automatically increase your home's value and could make it easier to sell.

System Monitoring

Another beneficial feature ION Solar offers is system monitoring.  Unfortunately, the company doesn't specify exactly what that monitoring entails, whether it's for production, usage, or both.  Obviously, it's to your benefit to have both.

However, ION Solar states that it will monitor your system 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If there's ever a problem, the company will know about it and send a technician out immediately.

Awards and Certifications

ION Solar has been listed as one of America's 500 fastest-growing companies by Inc. Magazine. The company has also been certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners, a solar industry-recognized nonprofit organization charged with promoting best practices in solar power.

ION Earth Program

ION Solar is a featured partner of Habitat for Humanity. It's humanitarian program, ION Earth, provides a free solar panel system to a family in need for every 2 megawatts of clean, renewable energy ION Solar installs.

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Reported Deceptive Marketing Practices
  • No Solar Energy Storage

Limited Availability

Unfortunately, ION Solar's availability is relatively limited; the company only offers its services in eight states:

• Colorado
  • Florida
  • Nevada
  • New Mexico
  • North Carolina
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Virgina

Customers who live outside of this service area won't be able to take advantage of the company's renewable energy services.

Reported Deceptive Marketing Practices

Many customers have reported being lured in to ION Solar by an offer of a "free" solar system and were told there was "no catch".

However, apparently this is just a marketing tactic to get people to sign up for the company's lease program. This is definitely a deceptive marketing tactic, which tarnishes the company's reputation and may result in loss of client trust.

No Solar Energy Storage

ION Solar does not as yet install solar battery solutions as a system upgrade to its solar panel arrays. Solar energy storage is one of the fastest growing system add-ons in the solar industry, as solar batteries can greatly improve the efficiency of the system. Solar batteries can also integrate the solar energy system with electric vehicle charging stations, helping homeowners further reduce their dependence on fossil fuels.

The Bottom Line

ION Solar does not subcontract any of its work and offers system maintenance and monitoring, and provides several payment options (including a solar lease) to help customers reduce their dependence on fossil fuel. However, the solar installer's availability is limited to eight states and its marketing practices are questionable.

View Best Solar Companies

CHRISTINE MARTIN Albuquerque, NM

I was very pleased with my experience with this company during the installation and operation of my new solar panels. I was kept informed along the entire process and the people I worked with were always friendly and informative. I highly recommend them to anyone thinking about changing to solar power.

Christy Bertuglia Williamsburg, VA

One of the best experiences I’ve had with any company, the customer service is incredibly attentive, they kept us up to date and informed throughout the entire process. Very satisfied with my system, and the worksmanship. Everyone from the specialist I first spoke to about the program all the way to the technicians who installed my panels were professional and I felt like they delivered on everything they said they’d do.

Khance Johnson Austin, TX

It's been a great experience! Josiah has answered every question super quickly and clearly and the install crew that had Jacob as the lead were super fast, clean, and polite. They explained everything before they left. It's been a great experience! System is up, running, and issue free!

Seth Wilcher

ION did a very good job from start to finish. Everything was explained thoroughly by our sales rep, Brian S. When I was unsure of whether we were getting a good deal, he encouraged me to get a competing quote. The competitor's price turned out to be almost exactly the same per kWh. However, they were suggesting we get many more panels than we really needed, and their communication wasn't nearly as good. Brian wanted us to feel good about our ultimate choice, and we did. Communication throughout the purchase, design, installation, and inspection phases was frequent via email, phone, and text. Now I probably have too much fun looking at my app to see how much power we are producing each day!

Christiane Newport News, VA

So we had the system installed I love it but 4 months later I find out we need a new roof mind you I told ion our roof is 28 years old it was inspected??? I was told the roof is fine now where I need a new roof ion ask for $7565 to take the panels down and put them back up I feel there only told me the roof is fine so there could close the deal been on the phone with ion not a good experience no one seams to know what happened so much for customer service

Carol Nunnelly Justin, TX

ION Solar delivered a great product in a timely manner. We are happy with the people who helped us by explaining the benefits of having solar, assisted us in managing the entire permit process and details of the job, and how each technician was professional and helpful! Shaun C, (our energy advisor), who sold us our system was amazing. So was Vincent M who placed the panels on our roof. The supervising technicians were all great including Jordan S

Julie Goggin Virginia Beach, VA

OUTSTANDING SERVICE. I normally don't entertain people coming to my house trying to sell a product. I will say I have always thought about getting Solar because it makes sense to me however I never knew what company to trust and from my past experience most sales people are scams. When Mr. Ryan H of Virginia Beach, VA came to my house in February 2022 I was ready to turn him away but he was so nice and professional I decided to hear him out. After the initial meeting I decided to have him come back the next day to give me more information on ION Solar. I am so glad I did, he was the most professional and friendly sales guy I have ever met. He came in set up his laptop and went over every detail any questions I had he answered. Unlike most sales people they are pushy and they have no idea what they are talking about they just want to sell you a product that they don't even believe in. He was so educated on ION Solar even I was impressed. That day I decided to get ION Solar thanks to Mr. H and I am so glad I did. With most people who sell a product after you purchase the product they are selling you never hear from them again. Mr. Ryan H stayed in touch with me through the entire process ensuring I was happy with ION Solar. I had no issues with install and or inspections the communication with the entire company was nothing sort then excellent and professional. I am writing this review today because I received my first power bill from Dominion tonight as where it is normally $200+ today it was a today of....... $1.71 yes ONE DOLLAR AND SEVENTY ONE CENTS. Now I did have a $5.55 credit from the month before so in reality my total bill is $7.26. AGAIN THANK YOU MR. RYAN H for helping me and my family invest in our home. YOUR AMAZING.

Brad VanHorn Norfolk, VA

Overall, we are extremely pleased with our Ion Solar experience. Once we settled on specifications, got necessary permits, etc., then installation was fast and smooth. Once the system was finally able to operate, we were impressed with the system production which is greatly exceeding our expectations for the size of our system. Although we had one small error (conduit painting, not the solar system itself) in the whole endeavor, Ion was very attentive to our concerns and did not waste time sending help to fix the problem. A minor inconvenience, and not detrimental to our whole Ion experience. We are happy to have done business with Ion.

Sheryl Decatur, TX

Everyone I came in contact with was pleasantly knowledgable and accommodating and helpful and everything was completed just as they said it would be and in a timely way.

Bradley s Portland, OR

On Thursday 25 August 2022 at 12:35 US/Pacific in NE Portland, Oregon, an Ion Solar representative who identified himself only as Jim and would not give further contact information ignored the clearly displayed "No Soliciting" sign displayed prominently on the property and proceeded to disrupt the household, with folks who work from home present and visibly working via the window, to make a sales pitch. When asked why he ignored the "No soliciting" sign, he said that he "thought the sign was cute" so he knocked (the sign has a cute image of a dog on it, but clearly reads "NO SOLICITING"). When I phoned the company, they said they never heard of "Jim", but that they do engage in door knocking practices for marketing. I asked to be sent a copy of their guidelines for employees who do this (specifically wanting to see if they are instructed to follow No Soliciting directives), and they refused. I encourage folks to avoid this company due to aggressive and inappropriate marketing tactics.

Ron Terry Las Vegas, NV

I am very pleased with the Ion Solar System. From the first day that I started the project until the system was up and running, the Ion team constantly provided me with the current status as it moved forward. On the first day I could see my energy solar generation and my energy consumption. The net to me was positive and a plus energy credit was being sent back to the power grid for credit to me.

Dan Niles Piscataway, NJ

Too many managers or coordinators. When the equipment install was complete, the area manager tried to tell me that the meter was yet to be installed. The pictures provided by the electrician should have shown the new meter. There might be fewer delays if fewer people were involved.

sucker in oregon Happy Valley, OR

I recently had a 7 kw system installed. The product so far is working great and the installation team was very professional. The ION group did a great job of walking us through the process. My only issue is my own fault. They WAY overcharged for the system. Be warned, their bid is going to be insanely expensive. Many of my friends and neighbors have asked about they system and I tell them all the same thing: Great system, glad I put in a solar system, but use another company that will offer it at a more honest price. They made more than enough off of me.

Jori Printz Nevada, TX

I used ION Solar for my solar panels; just started operating this week and am thrilled. Every member has been the best, extremely professional, informative, prompt; a absolute joy to work with. Great job ION…..you’re the best.

Charles Cunningham Virginia Beach, VA

From the initial contact to the day we switched on the panels, ION was a pleasure to work with. Everyone who contacted us was helpful, professional, courteous, and supportive. I recommend ION to anyone who is considering solar panel installation.

davey914 Fredericksburg, VA

Setting up solar panels can be daunting but ION Solar takes that worry out. There’s an initial consultation which can help explain any questions and they can help see if solar panels are feasible for you. After that’s taken care of the installation process is very professional and easy. Honestly the longest part is the city and the electrical company approving the designs of the solar panels. It’s a very straight forward process and I’m glad I partnered with ION Solar.

Heart Queen Oregon City, OR

The process was explained how everything worked and how it would happen. All my questions were answered and he was very pleasant to talk with. Working with everyone at Ion Solar was amazing. They kept me posted on everything even when things had to be rescheduled due to weather and some personal interruptions that I had. Everyone that came to my house were friendly, respectful, and knowledgeable. I would recommend Ion Solar to everyone and have!

Claybon Collins Jr Petersburg, VA

ION Solar has lived up to its promise to do its best to convert and install a high-quality solar system in my home. Customer Service Rep Mike B has been an excellent representative of the company and kept us informed every step of the way. I have found this company to be of the utmost trust and professionalism. I highly recommend them to anyone and everyone. Our system is up and running and we are producing clean energy.

Christopher Sacra Severna Park, MD

Truly a great experience. I really appreciate how out of their way the Ion professionals were willing to go to get my system done right for me. Michael S (sales) and Heather G (permitting), and the electrician Matt (don’t know last name), and the panel install crew, went above and beyond to make sure I was happy with how things went. I’m very picky and had way more questions than the normal customer and they answered every one of them or got me an answer back on things they didn’t know right off. I’m super excited about my panels being turned on now, and they are already producing better than expected. I’m so happy and would work with The Ion Solar team in a heartbeat.

JOSEPH & MYRA Washington, DC

Our experience with ION Solar was great!!! James W is the right person to help us in this process!!!

Paco Herrera Littleton, CO

We were accompanied throughout the whole process in a very strict schedule, with very committed customer service leading us step by step with professionalism, great communication and all of the team members were extremely amicable. They always made sure we understood each step, if there was any action on our part or not, making themselves available for any questions, thorough follow up. Thank you very much to the team that helped us through this process with such great attitude and professionalism: Britney P (1st contact), Jeff K (introductory talk and guiding through the App and Q&A), Keyera (Area Manager), Julia (Design Validation Team), Ethan (ION's Solar Permitting Dpt), Matthew (Inspections Dpt) and Devin (Utilities Dpt)

ann-marie campbell Newport News, VA

I had a really good experience with the company. I loved the fact that they kept the lines of communication open at all times. They were very knowledgeable.

Jim Battaglia Minneapolis, MN

From the very beginning this company have been very professional in every thing they have done. Super communication thru out and customer service the best i have ever experienced

Robert Sheren Aubrey, TX

If an ion solar representatives solicits your home, ok would recommend having them come back later when you have had a chance to do some solar homework. Our salesman came out and made everything sound really good. We were brand new residents to our home and have not had a chance t ok assess our bills yet and we made a rash decision, based on his sales tactics. If I had a salesman from several different companies right there at the same time, it might have made more sense to let them argue out their points and their prices. Right now, I am feeding the grid and the grid feeds me back. If I produce more than I eat, I only have to pay an ion solar bill. I do not get a solar credit from my electric company, nor does anyone pay me for making extra electricity. (Bum deal if you ask me). If I use more electric than my panels make, I get a bill from ion and I get a bill from my electric company too. Ion will call and text you constantly until your solar install is complete, so that they can ensure that their system is installed in a timely manner. This becomes irritating if you run into any problems with an HOA. All in all, I wish I had a better option that allowed me to make money from the panels. The installation crew didn't fully pick up their mess before they left the job site, even after being reminded the mess was there, they only came back and picked up half of it.

Jose Diaz Fredericksburg, VA

I think the system is good, but I believe I might have paid more for this service than some of my peers with the same total service, installation service was extremely slow, but credit to ION they kept me update every step of the way, but I did end up paying for solar and my original energy company for two months, but fixed now (could be due to staffing shortage we are experiencing currently, circa 2021/2022). Overall process was really easy, coordinator reaches out and handled everything with dates you provided. ** One big red eye is that you wait so long your start thinking about cancelling as you go through all four seasons and realize that there are times where the solar will actually charge you double than what your paying during the colder months on your standard energy bill, but this can be cancelled out if you take advantage of going through process of doing "SREC" which you can sell back any energy produced but not used and get money back each month... This can be a big bonus. Do your research and make it make sense. We are no happy or sad about it, just "Meh" for now, we shall see as Solar normally makes it's money during the hotter months, not trying to bash ION in no way, just a honest review. Hope this helps and have a great day.

Glenn Prescott Spotsylvania, VA

Our experience with ION Solar has been professional from the beginning. The original presentation was clear and the installation went as planned. Our inspections passed and as soon as our meter was switched out, our panels were producing. Communication has been perfect. We have been pleased with every step in the process.

Donna Curley Hampton, VA

Clear, concise explanation of the program, including costs, timeframe for installation and f/u process. Excellent experience from introduction to turn on of panels. All personnel involved in explanations, installation, concerns and/or questions were personable, patient, caring and knowledgeable.

Mike Johnson Rio Rancho, NM

The entire process was smooth and easy. My consultant, Eric F, was thorough in explaining the entire process and kept in communication. Throughout the entire process, I received regular updates as to the project status. The installation team even notified me of a maintenance issue on my roof that needed attention and had me get up on my flat roof so they could point out what they saw. Excellent experience and I've been producing electricity for 3 weeks now without any issues.

Larry Short Portland, OR

ION Solar did the entire job from specifications through installation. The local project manager, Selena, kept me informed of the project status throughout. They proved to be quite a team. Nate explained the financials. The guy with the red beard lead the installation team. They even painted the conduit to match the house. There were people I never communicated with that handled the permitting and inspections. The hardware and software are top rate. Maybe my best experience with a project of this complexity. Well done.

Yadira McCoy Smithfield, VA

Truly best decision we have made. Ion Solar explained the entire process thoroughly while assuring we felt comfortable and informed from beginning to end. They work very efficiently and make sure to clean up after themselves. Very appreciative of a company that cares for customers and makes sure they are taking care of even while you are waiting during each step.

Maria S Richmond, VA

Had a great experience with ION! They answered all my questions and explained things well (especially our rep Daniel D . The initial install was 2 weeks after signing (county and utility inspections took awhile). The project manager and different teams communicated with me frequently especially when we were waiting for they inspections and they were responsive. I'm loving that I now generate more electricity than I use!

Bill Rose Raleigh, NC

Having worked for a company that makes solar and wind power equipment, I knew the many benefits to society and the environment that solar played. But it wasn't until I met up with ION Solar that I saw how beneficial solar power could be to me and my home. It was eye opening. I can't speak highly enough of the ION Solar team, they were friendly and professional all the way; they explained specifically how a solar system based on net metering could make my home a safe, energy-producing facility and increase the value of my home. ION was with me every step of the way and provided the resources to get approvals from our homeowners association, the City and State, and Duke Energy (our utility) as well as the installation of the system itself. I can now say I've gone solar, and I look forward to seeing the cost savings and benefits that come from the ION Solar system.

Devin McKnight Salt Lake City, UT

Just finished the process with ION Solar. It went well and no major hiccups occurred at all. It took a little longer than I initially expected but I am satisfied with the care and attention we received. It was very easy to work with Daniel B., our initial salesman and he was very upfront about how things work and did not feel like a salesman. He was polite and considerate of our time as we had at the moment of first meeting him gone through a very trying car accident. I definitely would recommend working with them if you have considered getting Solar and Dan will definitely get you taken care of.

TJ Stephenson Los Lunas, NM

When I agreed to meet with Ion Solar representative Robert A., I had no intent to purchase anytime soon and prepared for a pushy sales person. To my surprise Robert was very personable, knowledgeable and willing to answer any questions I had and provide any additional information needed. Robert spent close to three hours with me to which I admit had flown by and at the end had a signed contract and a new customer. In no time at all Ion Solar sent out people to draw up the design for my home and inspect that it would work correctly. After signing off on the design Ion Solar began the process of getting all the approvals and licenses needed to install and run the system. Before I knew it the install team was at my residence and getting the job done. The install took about four hours and looked perfect after they finished. The solar panels were all laid flush and the equipment all matched so there wasn't anything to really draw the eye to the roof. No wires were left showing and everything was tidy and sealed properly. The crew cleaned the area to leave it better than they found it and vacuumed the area were they made access into the attic. I downloaded the recommended app on my phone and was able to track everything going on during the process along with track my solar system after the installation. Anytime I called I was given prompt answers and Ion Solar kept me up to date on everything going on.

Glenwood Emory Shover Fredericksburg, VA

Thus far, I have been totally impressed with the professionalism of the ION staff. Communications between myself and ION have been timely and complete. As a mechanically inclined individual, I can tell whether or not a project is being installed properly (in my eyes). This installation is extremely "neat" and appears proper in every way. When the County inspector called me to schedule an appointment, he stated that he doubted that there would be any problems since it was an ION installation. He also stated that he has never found a single issues with an ION installation. That statement helps me sleep well at night as we have a very strict County Inspector's office here. I highly recommend ION and have already done so within my community. Neighbors have stopped in their cars and on foot to ask about ION. I tell them all I know and that ION is an impressive company to deal with.

Pamela Stanley Norfolk, VA

From the first person who knocked on my door to the last call and text I recd this is by far the most organized company I've ever dealt with! They walked me thru every step PRIOR to me signing any contracts and once I signed they have been in touch every step in process. Now I'm all hooked up to dominion grid and doing good for planet and my electric bill plus added value to my home! So many in our Ocean Lakes neighborhood here in VA Beach are adding solar to their roof via ION Solar! Btw, if you decide to call them please say I sent you and I'll get a referral credit! I'm not getting paid to write this review I just want to spread the word this is def a company I'd do business with again!!

Courtney S Spotsylvania, VA

I’m a little confused about the”Questionable Marketing Practice”, I was offered a complimentary energy report to see if my home would qualify. When the Energy Consultant came to my home to go over and explain my report, I could not have been more impressed by the professionalism. At no time was I pressured in to doing anything. After seeing the potential savings, it only made sense for me to start the process. My Energy Consultant (Dean) stayed in touch with me and kept me up to date with the process before I asked the questions. I could not have had a better experience. Thanks Dean, and thank you ION!!

jamie schumacher Pittsburgh, PA

When I 1st heard about ION, someone visited my home which I typically consider a nuisance but I was already intrigued by going solar, they (a gentleman named Justin...sorry I do not know his last name...and Tyler P.) were extremely knowledgeable and you could tell ION cared enough to give them top notch education regarding Solar energy as well as their company. They were happy in their job with strong company values. I did my Solar research and found ION to be top notch and as impressive as they said within their industry so I chose them. My sales representative Eric F. was fabulous and also very knowledgeable, the entire team at ION stayed on top of my job consistently, I received emails and text messages keeping me posted on each step and even in between waiting periods they kept updating me on where we were at with permits, preparations, installation, electrician, and electric company approvals their permits. It really was an easy streamlined experience and I am up and running fabulously!

Jeff Blundell Denver, CO

Like a lot of these sales experiences it did begin with a canvasser but he was a good kid and wasn't pushy. Frankly, nobody likes these but I'm not sure I would have gone through the process otherwise so it's hard to argue with the tactic especially in a new subdivision like ours. Brian met us and was prepared, thorough, and experienced. I'm a techy guy and he was able to explain the system and the process without fluffy sales tactics. The decision to go with solar is almost a separate decision from the integrator, that folks need to determine on their own but having trustworthy information from Brian helped me know whether the reality of owning a system was right for us. I determined we would be close enough to break even that being prepared for the inevitable power rate hikes made the timing right. Both Brian and Lorrente have a great grasp of the company's processes and used that knowledge to make everything smooth for me including things like getting HOA approval. It really required very little action from me overall and they were a pleasure to go through the process with. While it can take longer than some might expect it all makes perfect sense as you are dealing with the power provider, installation, certification, and inspection to ensure functionality, reliability, and safety. Installation team was effective, respectful and worked hard without complaint. We will certainly monitor the performance compared to the expectations that were set for us and update this review as appropriate but this team deserves a positive review for their performance thus far!

Josh Koen Aurora, CO

If you are looking into getting solar, look no further. I came to Ion after I was referred to them by my family and a neighbor who had just worked with them. I had already been doing my research into different companies around the Denver Metro and had my questions ready when I sat down with Clay P, their sale representative. Clay was knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. He walked us through the process, the specs, the satellite images, artistic renders and the pricing. We were not hard to convince and signed that day. The “wait period” was fast. From sign to install we were getting panels up in about 30 days. The install team was great. Arrived during their scheduled window and were very respectful of our property and time. Each step of the way the corporate office was calling and ensuring we were satisfied and informed. I would recommend Ion to anybody!

Reply from ION Solar

Josh, thank you for such a wonderful review! We appreciate the time you took to leave us feedback. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with our teams. We will pass on your kind words. We appreciate your recommendation and hope you are enjoying your solar panels!

Jan. 14th, 2021

Tom Bourgelas Portsmouth, VA

I would like to thank ION Solar for a great experience with our solar panel system installation. When we ran into a few issues everyone was responsive and helpful in fixing the problem. I would especially like to thank Nathaniel M for correcting our data uplink issue. He called us to let us know when he was coming out to our house, was on time, and followed up to be sure everything remained working. He answered my calls right away even after working hours and was patient with an “old guy” explaining how to go thru the the process of connecting to the APP via the WIFI etc. I would like to thank all of the ION Team for a job well done.

Reply from ION Solar

Tom, thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. We are happy to hear that our teams were helpful and responsive. We will pass on your kind words to Nathaniel. We hope that you are enjoying your solar panels!

Jan. 14th, 2021

Larry and Diane C. ,

When told about ION, I was unsure about going Solar. Especially with so many scams. Carefully doing some research, I was going in with my eyes wide open. After carefully looking at my past electrical bills, I decided to sit down Jessica Gilden. Jessica G is a exceptional salesperson. I went into my meeting with them throwing fastballs, and they hit every ball. They hit a homerun. I'm glad that I've gone Solar. Every process was professional and well though threw. All questions and concerns has been dealt with right up to the end. Again, I just want to say, thank you for your patients and time. Larry and Diane C.

Reply from ION Solar

Larry, thank you for your fantastic five-star review. We will pass on your kind words to Jessica. We are so happy to hear that you installation went well and that you have enjoyed your communications with our team. We hope that you enjoy your solar panels and see the benefits of going solar!

Dec. 11th, 2020

Tony Sutter Virginia Beach, VA

My experience with Ion Solar has been nothing but positive so far. The sales person I am dealing with (Jessica G) is very professional, knowledgeable, and very courteous. All applications and permits were submitted by Ion with little to no involvement by me. The installation of the panels and equipment was installed as scheduled, despite rain during the last part of the installation. The installers were all very polite and cleaned up after themselves. The city inspection was completed yesterday so I am currently waiting on the power company to come change my meter (final step). I look forward to having my panels up and running in a week or so.

Reply from ION Solar

Tony, thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear you have found our team to be professional, knowledgeable, and courteous. We will pass on your kind words! We hope that you love your solar panels!

Dec. 10th, 2020

Matthew Fifield Loveland, CO

We avoided solar salesmen for years because we didn't want to get pushed into something we'd regret. No regrets with ION Solar! They answered all of our (many) questions and walked us through what to expect at every step of installation, permitting, and activation. The ION service people were always on-time to scheduled appointments (no 'between the hours of 8am and 2pm' garbage) and very polite. They even vacuumed the inside of the house after getting in the attic and making a little mess with the insulation. I'm very pleased with how we are making energy now and I love watching our production on the ION App on my phone.

Reply from ION Solar

Matthew, thank you for such an amazing review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience and hope you continue to enjoy your solar panels!

Nov. 13th, 2020

Andrew Crosby Severance, CO

Great company and great experience all around. Our solar is up and running and harnessing the power of the sun to make our lives easier. The company was easy to work with, timely in their scheduled appointments, and communicated regularly with us to make sure the installation process went smoothly. The installation of the panels was done in a timely manner, however, the electric company took a long time installing the meter, but I will not fault Ion Solar for this, as that process was out of their hands. The quality of the product and their outstanding customer service would be two of their best qualities as a company. I would highly recommend going with Ion Solar if you are in the market for clean energy!

Reply from ION Solar

Thanks for such a wonderful review, Andrew! We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of going solar!

Gary North Las Vegas, NV

I held off for many years on having solar panels installed on my roof. Many solar panel salesmen came to my door but none of them had the kind of system that I was looking for. I wanted solar panels that are wired in parallel so that if one solar panel had an issue causing it to not provide energy properly, then the rest of the system will still produce energy. ION Solar had that system. The solar panels also report their energy production so that I can see it on line. I wanted a solar panel installation that looked good. I did not like seeing the silver conduit that went down from the solar panels and around the house to a large inverter, control box and a cut-off switch. ION Solar has an inverter attached to each solar panel and the output of the inverters is sent into the attic so that I cannot see the silver conduit. From the attic ION Solar sends the electricity through conduit under the eves of the house and under the eves of my garage so that it is less noticeable. Then ION Solar painted the conduit so that it matches the color of my house. On the side of my garage I have a solar controller box and an emergency cut-off box. That is it. That was appealing to me. Some solar companies offer ‘free solar panels’ and they will indeed install them for free but then there is a catch. There is either a lease, a loan or you pay for the power that the solar panels produce, called Power Purchase Agreement. Either way you look at it, these other schemes are more expensive in the long run than just purchasing them outright and with ION Solar I can get an interest rate of 3.99% do to that. The Federal Government is offering an Investment Tax Credit (ITC) that you can claim on your federal income taxes, which currently amounts to 26% of the total cost. DATE INVESTMENT TAX CREDIT 31 DEC 2019 30% January 2020 26% January 2021 22% 0% Should I decide to sell my house, the solar panels will increase the value of the house 3% to 4%, and the big plus is that the amount remaining on the installation loan can be transferred to the new owner of my house. Here in Nevada there is “Net Metering”. You can google that to understand it. DATE PURCHASE BACK RATE 15 June 2017 95% August 2018 88% 28 Jun 2019 81% Unknown Date 75% I went for ION Solar and I am proud of the solar panels that I own and the installation looks good. Paying back the cost is like purchasing a car. I don’t think that it is going to be that difficult.

Reply from ION Solar

Gary, thank you for the fantastic review. We are happy that you are proud of your solar panels and are loving the solar life! Thanks again for the review!

Susan Kathryn Norfolk, VA

I had often thought about going solar for some time but was hesitant to take the leap. A very persistent Jordan H made repeated visits until I was able to meet him based on my work schedule, he was great. He answered every question I threw at him and convinced me, showing me the location of my house, how much energy the solar panels would absorb and showed me the savings I would have compared to what I was currently paying my utility company. It was a real eye opener when he said, “Why should you pay to rent electricity? Why not own it?” Which if you think of it made sense. I own my home and would never lease a vehicle. He made sure I knew everything down to the smallest detail before any final decisions were made. There were many incentives that I qualified for which was also great. The friendliness of the staff and efficiency of the company has me informing co-workers and family members. Installation went smoothly and they were very professional. I had someone to answer questions every step of the way. ION so has been the best and very reliable. If you're debating it, don't wait any longer! I would highly recommend ION Solar if you are considering Solar for your home. Thank you ION Solar!

Reply from ION Solar

Susan, thank you for your incredible 5-star review! We are thrilled to hear you have had such an incredible experience going solar with us. We appreciate your kind words and hope you continue to enjoy your system. Thanks!

E. Mallett Virginia Beach, VA

What a great job by ION SOLAR from the Energy Adviser Ivan V, he explained very well the product and the cost and allowing me to freeze my electrical production to a set price, for the next 20 years. As the energy production companies will keep raising their cost to produce power, but now my solar panels are making my energy and it is the same low price for 20 years or lease if I pay off early then my cost is $ nickel and dime. The system covers about 90% of the power I need, I am paying only 10%. My bill at $306 a month will be about $30.60 approximately. My Project Manager Ashlynn Reese keep in touch almost daily and walked me through each step. The installation team, was in and out, arrived at 8:30am and was completed by 5:30pm was very polite and professional and explained everything and a big plus the team cleaned up everything on the job site. The ION system looks great on my house and almost all the wires are inside the attic and the 5% that is outside was painted to match the house color. Very, Very impressed with ION employees a great team, and very happy with the ION Solar system great product.

Reply from ION Solar

E, we appreciate your kind words. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Jan. 9th, 2020

Donna

My initial meetings with ION put them on the top. They went through the whole process showing the material used witch was great to research the products. Derin was the project manager and was in complete contact thru the whole process they also have an app for your mobile device to track the process, referrals etc. They did all the legwork with my city for permitting and meet with them on the inspection quick and simple turn on procedure when we received permission to operate. Once operating you get the Emphase software to monitor your system, its exciting to see it in action. Thank you ION

Reply from ION Solar

Donna, we're happy to hear you are up and running. Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review and recommendation!

Dec. 6th, 2019

Matthew Nguyen Albuquerque, NM

I just got my system turned on about a week ago. The whole process was very smooth and seamless. My advisor, Tom T, was very polite and patient for the initial consultation and provided answers to the many questions I had about solar and the company in general. My project manager, Cole T, was very helpful in keeping me up to date on the progress of my install. He made sure everything was completed as scheduled and followed up with me to make sure that I was happy with the work. I am very pleased with the installation and the time it took to complete. Total time was 2 months from consultation to system turn on.

Reply from ION Solar

Matthew, hearing you had a "smooth and seamless" process is the best we could hope for. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Dec. 6th, 2019