Previously known as Vision Solar, ION Solar is a full-service solar energy provider that was founded in 2013. Full-service includes a custom-designed system, all permitting, solar installation, inspection, and solar panel system maintenance.

ION Solar aims to offer affordable solar solutions that give customers the benefits of solar with little or no up-front costs. The company's services are currently available in Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Virginia.

#1 SunPower chevron_right
#2 Zenernet chevron_right
#3 Solar Optimum chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• No Subcontracting
  • Maintenance is Included
  • Increased Home Value
  • System Monitoring
  • Awards and Certifications

No Subcontracting

ION Solar does not outsource any of its installations, meaning the company installs every solar panel and inverter itself. Working with a full-service provider like ION Solar generally bodes well for homeowners as the company will then have full control over who is in and around your home and your family.

If you ever come across a company that does use subcontractors for any part of the project, we would suggest finding another solar company to do business with— it's just too risky. While the solar company itself might be licensed, the subcontractors might not be. Additionally, the more people who are involved in the project, the bigger chance there is for miscommunication and lack of quality.

Maintenance is Included

ION Solar states that the system they provide you includes free maintenance and repairs for the entire life of the contract.

In reality, solar panels don't require much maintenance other than being sprayed down with water every few months to keep the dust and dirt buildup that could limit sunlight off of them.

However, if something does happen, ION Solar will be there to take care of it for you.

Increased Home Value

Installing solar panels will increase the value of your home and, according to ION Solar, if you ever sell your home, the company will transfer your solar power agreement to the new owner. Therefore, having a solar system that is already in place and transferable will automatically increase your home's value and could make it easier to sell.

System Monitoring

Another beneficial feature ION Solar offers is system monitoring.  Unfortunately, the company doesn't specify exactly what that monitoring entails, whether it's for production, usage, or both.  Obviously, it's to your benefit to have both.

However, ION Solar states that it will monitor your system 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If there's ever a problem, the company will know about it and send a technician out immediately.

Awards and Certifications

ION Solar has been listed as one of America's 500 fastest-growing companies by Inc. Magazine. The company has also been certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners, a solar industry-recognized nonprofit organization charged with promoting best practices in solar power.

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Reported Deceptive Marketing Practices

Limited Availability

Unfortunately, ION Solar's availability is relatively limited; the company only offers its services in eight states:

• Colorado
  • Florida
  • Nevada
  • New Mexico
  • North Carolina
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Virgina

Customers who live outside of this service area won't be able to take advantage of the company's renewable energy services.

Reported Deceptive Marketing Practices

Many customers have reported being lured in to ION Solar by an offer of a "free" solar system and were told there was "no catch".

However, apparently this is just a marketing tactic to get people to sign up for the company's lease program. This is definitely a deceptive marketing tactic, which tarnishes the company's reputation and may result in loss of client trust.

The Bottom Line

ION Solar does not subcontract any of its work and offers system maintenance and monitoring, and provides several payment options (including a solar lease) to help customers reduce their dependence on fossil fuel. However, the solar installer's availability is limited to eight states and its marketing practices are questionable.

View Best Solar Companies

Terri Russell

September 22nd, 2020 Ruther Glen, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cameron F was fantastic at explaining how and making sure that going solar made both environmental and financial sense for me. The process from contract signing to installation and follow up has been easy and consistent. Highly recommend.

Greg Brown

September 21st, 2020 Grantsville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Speedy install was a win. System does not generate anywhere close to the power they said it would. Now I am paying more a month then I was without solar panels. I was very very mislead. System can't even generate enough power for my lowest months of the year. Was promised it would cover 95% of my annual usage I'll be lucky to get 40%.

Matthew Fifield

September 18th, 2020 Loveland, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We avoided solar salesmen for years because we didn't want to get pushed into something we'd regret. No regrets with ION Solar! They answered all of our (many) questions and walked us through what to expect at every step of installation, permitting, and activation. The ION service people were always on-time to scheduled appointments (no 'between the hours of 8am and 2pm' garbage) and very polite. They even vacuumed the inside of the house after getting in the attic and making a little mess with the insulation. I'm very pleased with how we are making energy now and I love watching our production on the ION App on my phone.

Neal Stangis

September 12th, 2020 Longmont, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Installation as promised: on time and with quality installers. Production not as promised. Today is our 1-year anniversary. Y1 prediction was 13608 kW-h. Y1 production was 11950 kW-h, which is -12% from the predicted amount. Other companies we considered going with used things like NREL LIDAR evaluations of our property. I believe ION uses nothing less than an online estimator. Buyer beware.

Sep 17, 2020

Neal, we are sorry to see your review. Our team works hard to custom design a solar system that perfectly fits your home and energy needs. We would like to look further into this and help resolve any problems. Would you email [email protected] with your address and the issues you have been having so we can properly handle this issue? Thanks!

Reta Ackerman

September 11th, 2020 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We are happy to have solar, but we didn't have a great experience. The sales guy left out a few crucial details about the loan and how solar works: 1) how the loan payment nearly doubles at 17 months unless you apply a tax credit, and even then, it's still higher 2) how we still pay the power company to stay connected to their grid 3) how we have to add solar to our homeowners insurance, which increased our payment slightly. So we kept finding them out later and feeling deceived and like all these extra things made it not the dream deal it sounded like - not a good thing for financial planning! I also didn't like how our sales guy had us create an "account" before we were sure we were going with it, which actually meant signing a contract, so we ended up feeling trapped in something we weren't even sure we wanted. We had 3 days to cancel, and then there was supposed to be a fee for cancelling after. The sales guy said we would NOT have to pay that, but I didn't trust him by then, especially when my name was signed on the contract saying we would have a fee. Then there was some "issue" that was never explained to us, so it took 2 months after the city inspection to even get our panels turned on. Again not great when we are paying both for our solar loan and our power bill. I would suggest shopping around when getting solar, not just getting roped into it by a sales pitch.

Sep 17, 2020

Reta, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience. We would like to look into this further and turn things around if possible. Would you email [email protected] with details about your experience so we can handle it properly? We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

No name

September 8th, 2020 Parker, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ion Solar sucks they lie they never get your system going it’s been seven months in our system is not even going we’re still paying Excel and solar panels that aren’t working I’m so sick of them that I’m going to file a lawsuit against them and I’m gonna get our money back and get our panels taken off do not go with Ion solar They will take all your money and suck you dry they come to your door and Sucker you in . And you can sell anything to my husband just come to our door 😡

Sep 10, 2020

We are sorry to see your review. We aim to provide a premium experience to all of our customers and are disappointed this standard has not been met. We would like to look into this properly. Would you email [email protected] with your name and address so that we can work to resolve any issues? We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Dennis Chatham

August 27th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV

John C our sales guy made this a seamless effort. I would recommend ION because of John. He truly is the face of ion.

Sep 10, 2020

Dennis, thank you for the wonderful review! We will pass on your kind words to John. Thank you!

Jana Crawford

August 1st, 2020 Lehi, UT

I was impressed with this company from the second the salesman rang the doorbell. Communication was awesome and all phases of installation were professional and smooth. We love our system!

Sep 10, 2020

Jana, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your installation process. We hope you love your new solar and all the savings!

Lucie

July 27th, 2020 Cedar Park, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everyone was polite and professional. Enjoyed learning what they were doing

Sep 10, 2020

Lucie, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you found our team to be polite and professional. We hope you love going solar!

Nicole Winter

July 9th, 2020 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very helpful and with you every step of the way.

Sep 10, 2020

Nicole, thank you for the five-star review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience!

LisaMona

June 26th, 2020 Pueblo, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ION Solar canvassed my neighborhood and presented their product in a professional manner. The entire process was slow to include the installation date but after finally getting connected the system has been producing.

Sep 10, 2020

Lisa, thank you for the five-star review. We are happy to hear that your system is working properly. We hope you enjoy your solar system and all the solar benefits!

Sue Hernandez

June 23rd, 2020 Cheyenne, WY

I liked that they paid for the panels up grade we didn't have to pay out of pocket for anything. They tried to explain everything if they didn't know they asked some one else to answer our questions.

Sep 10, 2020

Sue, we are so happy to see your five-star review! We hope that you continue to enjoy going solar!

Christopher M Smith

June 16th, 2020 Chesapeake, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company to work with. Very processional. Explained everything about the solar array and how it would work in Virginia.

Sep 10, 2020

Christopher, thank you for the fantastic review! It means so much to us to hear you enjoyed your experience. We hope you love your Virginia solar!

Aaron lapuma

June 10th, 2020 , TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very efficient organization. Required very little work on my part and there are huge benefits to going solar. ION and Solar Greg are probably the best in the business.

Sep 10, 2020

Aaron, thank you for the incredible review. Thank you for your kind words. We hope you continue to enjoy your solar!

Drew Lyneis

June 10th, 2020 Castle Rock, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The best company I found for solar. They worked with me to meet my needs and wants. The process was very smooth and they communicated very well throughout the installation and completion of it.

Sep 10, 2020

Drew, thank you for the fabulous review! We are happy to hear the process was smooth. We hope you continue to enjoy the sun running your house!

Richard R Goff

June 10th, 2020 Georgetown, TX

The salesman was a little pushy but I understand it is his living. We were already to go Solar before we were contacted by your company so we were a little amused at his style. The installation crew was very professional and quick. `. The wait between the Installation of the system and operational date was way too long (ie over 30 days). However we are glad that it is sdone and operational.

Sep 10, 2020

Richard, thank you for your review and feedback. We are sorry to hear that your install to operation wait time was longer than you were expecting. We hope that you are now loving your solar system and all of the solar benefits. Thanks again for the review!

M Ceballos

June 4th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

OK! I wanted to wait a full year before actually write a real review.... I got my 5.44 kW (17 panel) system installed at the end of May 2019 and biggest thing I have to say is this company is absolutely terrible!!!! Bottom line up front: The Sales Rep., Matthew W, will convince you to go solar and then lie about times, dates, and other promises he's made. When you contact the company to dispute an issue they will ignore you. Then they will randomly send someone to your home and ask if you want to go solar without realizing your house has Ion Solar equipment on the side of the house. The sales rep (Matthew W) was very persuasive and fairly good at his job. I'll get back to him later. The installation crew were ok. Aside from the fact they were smoking on the side of my house and did not properly have caution tape set up incase something were to fall off the roof and hit me or my family... They were on time and did what they came to do, mostly. I was notified of the project and the time it took along with all the permits that take time to fall through. My horror story began right from the beginning. Matthew W knocked on my door one April morning. We agreed to meet the following day as I was on the way to work and had the next day off. He messaged me with a time I had not agreed to. No biggie, just correct the time and move forward. We met with him and another associate and like I said he convinced us to go solar. One of the biggest concerns we had was the size of the system. I explained that we had just recently purchased the home the previous February and inquired as to how the company would correctly asses the properly sized system for our home. We specifically mentioned that we still needed to purchase more appliances and add additional electrical loads to the main electrical panel. He assured us that the company was efficient at gauging the proper system based on square footage, utility bills, and usage from surrounding homes. We put our trust in him and moved forward. As stated, no real problems with the installation. Although after seeing what Ion put me through I started to observe them more when i'd see them around my neighborhood and am not surprised that they don't follow simple OSHA regulations like tying off on a rope above 5ft and using a simple ladder strap for a 2 story house (I have pictures of this from when they installed on my neighbors home) I'll try not to be too hard on the installation workers because they're the ones on the roofs and doing all the leg work. To continue, Matthew notified my wife and I that the company was offering free Nest Thermostats as an additional incentive for signing up with Ion. Everything was fine and dandy when he said to send him a message to let him know when the thermostats arrive so he can send someone out to install them in the home. Well, those two Nest devices didn't arrive until almost a full month after the installation of the panels. Stuff gets delayed sometimes, what can you do. When they finally arrived Matthew said he would send out a tech do to the install. Again I have a work schedule and can only do certain times. The tech guy called me within a few days and we set up an appointment. It was my day off but I still had errands to run. we set up an appointment around midday. As I'm out doing my morning errands the tech guy calls me two hours early and says he's at my door.... ummmm what?! We had just spoken two days prior and agreed on 12pm. He understood that I was not home and said he would return around 2pm. Awesome, that works for me. Until... 245pm comes around and this guy is nowhere to be seen. Then 3pm. Ok, maybe I should call just to make sure. He tells me he got caught up on another job and that he would be here around 430pm. Cool. He arrived around the time agreed upon and proceeded with installing the Nest Thermostats. Finally! My wife and I were full filling our life long dream of owning an Ion Solar system with the added touch of two Nest Thermostats to modernize our home.... oops! One of the Nest Thermostats was defective! Ok. No worries, it happens right. Tech items are sometimes defective. He explained I needed to contact Matthew again and order a replacement. That was late July to early August. I contacted Matthew the next day and explained what had happened. He said he would order a replacement right away.... Side note: most of the conversations were happening through calls up until this point. My last call to Matthew was Aug 13th 2019 at 527pm I received no answer and left a voicemail letting him know the replacement Nest had not arrived after two weeks (the company said it should arrive in 3-5 business days). On Aug 14th 2019 at 935am Matthew text me saying he received my message and spoke with the Project Manager 'Anthony' and had now made sure it was ordered and on its way. Aug 15-26 2019.... Waiting..... On the morning of Aug 26th I contacted the customer service line to inquire with my Project Coordinator, Ms. H. She had said she couldn't see it in the system and advise me to contact Matthew. I was a bit un-eased to have to keep dealing with him so I asked if I can have the Construction Supervisors name and number. The CS's name was Mel. I expressed my concerns with Mel and he advised me to contact the Operations Manager, Charles M, but notified me he didn't have his number. So, I text Matthew asking for Mr. M's number and he replied with "No, is there something I can help you with?" ..... At this point its been six weeks since I was told the replacement device would be sent out. "Did you receive the new one yet?" Obviously not if I'm inquiring about it again. "Ok, I just spoke with the project manager in the office and he doesn't have any in stock. I'm reaching out to corporate also myself." Wait! hold on real quick. Just for a second..... Why did you tell me it was already sent out?! Matthew went on about he knows I must be upset and he wants me to be a happy customer. Yeah, sure buddy. I spoke with Charles M and he said he would personally deliver a Nest the following morning. Mr M was very professional and courteous. He actually seemed like he was concerned about my concerns. Finally, I had the replacement Thermostat. Mr M called a tech and said he would be there the following day at 11am. Hmmmm, I remember this..... 11am comes around.... 1105am... Nope, I'm not giving you anymore time. The tech was late. At this point I just want to get rid of this company. The tech apologized profusely when he arrived close to 12pm. Whatever, I'm finally getting the second device installed. Mr. M called to make sure everything went well. Thanks for the gesture. Now if only their sales reps can have the same integrity. Good, I will not have to deal with ion ever again! But wait! There's more! One random night in December 2019 I hear the slightest "OoOoOo"........ I must be dreaming because I've never heard that in my room before. for the next few weeks I was tormented at night by a single pigeon that decided my Solar system was a good place to set up shop and start a family, maybe have his own shaded area on top of my roof. Like a madman, I would go outside with a broom stick and hit the side of the roof to try to shoo them away. As the calendar year rolled over and the winds started to pick up and I would hear the pigeon and small rattling. I figured it was maybe a loose vent that the wind knocked. In the daylight hours I would like to stand on my balcony and admire my investment and feel good about doing my part to minimize my carbon footprint. Until! one day I'm casually looking at my roof and realize two of the retaining clamps are loose! Wow! That's what the rattling is! Oh no! That means I have to call the company again! As most surely do, when you find something wrong, you look for more. I surely did. After further inspection I noticed that some of the wires from under the Solar panels were touching the roof! In my City, during the summer months, it can reach an average of 107 degrees fahrenheit. Now I'm no expert on the effects on rubber incased copper wire and the possible damage caused from thermal radiation but I know that can't be good. On Jan 21 2020 I contacted Mr M again. We ended on decent terms so maybe he would help me again. WRONG! I text him my three concerns (mentioned above) and did not get a call back, no text, no email, nothing. Ok. Understood. A week later I received a call from the service department asking about my concerns. I was sent out a quote for pigeon guards that were $800. "But why not offer them at the initial disclosure agreement?" She said it was optional but I was never told about it. She said She would send a team out to tighten the clamps and check the wires. No one ever came. No one ever called. As mentioned, when I signed up for Ion I had more plans for the home. I purchased a deep freezer for the garage and added a 40A outlet to charge my electric vehicle. Well... I received my NV Energy bill and guess what. I'm consuming more electricity than my panels are producing..... My upstairs neighbors that my family jokingly calls my best friends have pooped all over my roof and panels. Im convinced the rattling of the panels gives them comfort on a windy night. It is now early June and I swear I can just feel those wires baking on my tile roof...... Last month, on May 9th 2020, a gentleman by the name of Luis rang my doorbell. It was fairly early so I thought it may be a friend or neighbor, until I seen his Ion Solar shirt! He asked if I was interested in going Solar! He seemed like a nice kid and I didn't want to give him a hard time. I explained to him this story and he apologized. Not your fault buddy. He took my name and info and let me know someone would be in touch soon..... No one ever reached out to me. Do yourself a favor and find a different company. I understand this could be an isolated incident, but it was bad enough to never recommend them to anyone. If anyone cares to reach out for validity of my story I have a detailed log and screens shots/ pictures I've taken. Have a good day and thanks for reading. -M. Ceballos

Thomas Auth

May 23rd, 2020 Newport News, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The company was easy to work with, the installation team were polite, conscious and did a great job.

Sep 10, 2020

Thomas, thank you for the five star review! We are happy to hear you had a pleasant experience with our team. We hope you continue to enjoy going solar!

Krista Kibel

May 15th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have enjoyed our experience with ION so far; even referring them to anyone in our neighborhood that would listen. Our energy advisor Kevin O was especially great. He was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. We also really enjoyed working with the team that did our install. We didn’t have a negative experience with a single person we dealt with.

Sep 10, 2020

Krista, thank you for the review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience with our team. We hope you love all the benefits of going solar!

Steve Lourdes Roldan

May 5th, 2020 Virginia Beach, VA

Awesome customer service. Always available to answer questions.

Sep 10, 2020

Steve, thank you for the five star review! We appreciate the time you took to leave us a review.

craig benner

May 5th, 2020 Virginia Beach, VA

Great service from site survey, install, text communication, email communication. Install to 1 day and in a week I was up and running. Never had to shot off power or disturb me while I was home. Over all great experience and I will be using ION Solar for my other homes.

Sep 10, 2020

Craig, thank you for this amazing review! We hope you love your solar!

Gerald Dermady

April 21st, 2020 Hampton, VA

ION did a great job on my installation from the salesman that came and talked with me to the install and the turning on of the system.

Sep 10, 2020

Gerald, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience from start to finish! We hope you now are enjoying your solar panels!

Lawrence Wilbee

April 16th, 2020 Virginia Beach, VA

Mike B was exceptional in explaining how the system works and how much it will save in costs in the long run. Like that I was reassured nothing would happen to roof from installation IE: leaks and damages covered by Ion Solar for 25 years ! Electrical install with all the equipment went smooth and finished product looks outstanding. I hope system works as explained to me as I have never had any experience with solar. Had a Program manager named Sidnee who I could never get in touch with , But called Mike and he took care of my issues .

Sep 10, 2020

Lawrence, thank you for the review and feedback. We appreciate your help by allowing us to improve our process. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience and hope you love your solar panels!

treyquiller

April 9th, 2020 Longmont, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ION had pretty good reviews online and they seemed like the best company to install solar on my house. They touted that they don't use subcontractors so they control the entire process of the solar system from install to turn on and that they are a “premium installer”, so I signed the contract with them. As part of the contract, there were some incentives that ION was going to give me. ION was going to send me $500 and a Nest thermostat. The $500 was to be sent as soon as the system had the permission to operate. It turns out ION didn't save time or money for anyone on this project. ION was completely unprofessional throughout my entire solar process. -Oct. 23 signed paperwork for system. Was told it would be around 60 days. -Initial inspection of system and inspector called to confirm time and then never showed. Told managers he did job when he didn’t. -Dec. 23. Panels installed and informed it would be a few weeks before I could turn on system. -Jan. 2 spoke with project manager after holiday break and was informed I would need to get my main service panel “upgraded”. When speaking with installers on Dec. 23, they never mentioned anything about this and it seems to be just made up by ION. I asked my project manager pointedly 3 times why it was necessary and he didn’t answer my question for 2 weeks. Project manager said ION would cover the cost and we should still have the system running by end of January. This so-called “upgrade” was unnecessary. I have consulted with a Master Electrician about this “upgrade” and he agreed. -ION did no work for a full month other than submit a permit to do this job. -Feb. 13 ION had approval for permit and would install panel in 2 weeks after I was already waiting for a month. I complained to get job done sooner since they did not plan accordingly, as they knew this was coming. -Feb. 20 My first loan payment is due for the system. -Feb. 21 ION comes to install the new main service panel. Electrician says it will take 5 hours at a maximum. Electrician starts to dismantle old panel and start work without even having a new panel. Turns out that it was 9 hours of no power. I had a 4 month old child in my house in the middle of winter with no electricity. Even after the 9 hours, ION did not have all the equipment and installed old breakers and did not hook in the solar system. -March 5 ION sends a worker to finish the electrical work. My father was at the house and is a Master Electrician in the state of Colorado and asked the so-called “electrician” some questions. The worker pulled the meter out of the meter base, changed the main breaker from a 200 amp back to a 150 amp, which I originally had with my old panel, pulled wires to the solar panel connection, and installed a breaker. He did not have any electrical license. Under the National Electric Code, it is illegal for someone without a license to do this work unless someone with a license is on site. -March 6 City comes out to inspect the system and gives the go ahead to get the utility company to do the net meter. -March 11 Utility company installs net meter and system is turned on. -April 7 I remembered that I never received my $500 incentive check contacted ION. This is almost a month after the system had the permission to operate. -April 8 I was told the $500 incentive check was put in the mail. If you read it all, you can see that it has been total ineptitude and unprofessional from the beginning. It took them 3 and a half months to get my system turned on after it was installed. From what I can tell, ION just gets the money from the lender and then takes their sweet time doing anything after that. They don't seem to care about finishing their work or their customers unless you prod them relentlessly. I also believe that if I had not remembered and contacted ION about my incentive check that I would have never received it. To be fair, I haven’t received it yet and was just told it was sent.

Mike Hood

April 8th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our sales and installation of our ION solar system was really flawless by the whole team. We were really very impressed with Garett our project manager he was in constant contact making sure we knew everything from start to finish, our instillation crew was very pleasant and did an awesome job we flew a drone up to inspect it and it was beautiful. Even the city inspector was impressed with the technology of having the power inverter on each panel he went on about how much better that was. And James our sales manager was very knowledgeable thank you team!

Sep 17, 2020

Mike, thank you for such a wonderful review! We are so glad you have had such a positive experience. We hope you continue to enjoy going solar!

Andrew Crosby

April 3rd, 2020 Severance, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company and great experience all around. Our solar is up and running and harnessing the power of the sun to make our lives easier. The company was easy to work with, timely in their scheduled appointments, and communicated regularly with us to make sure the installation process went smoothly. The installation of the panels was done in a timely manner, however, the electric company took a long time installing the meter, but I will not fault Ion Solar for this, as that process was out of their hands. The quality of the product and their outstanding customer service would be two of their best qualities as a company. I would highly recommend going with Ion Solar if you are in the market for clean energy!

Sep 17, 2020

Thanks for such a wonderful review, Andrew! We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of going solar!

Julie Stephens

April 1st, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We love our solar but they could use some work on communication. The last month had the best communication.

Sep 17, 2020

Julie, thank you for the review and the feedback. We appreciate it!

Gary

March 26th, 2020 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I held off for many years on having solar panels installed on my roof. Many solar panel salesmen came to my door but none of them had the kind of system that I was looking for. I wanted solar panels that are wired in parallel so that if one solar panel had an issue causing it to not provide energy properly, then the rest of the system will still produce energy. ION Solar had that system. The solar panels also report their energy production so that I can see it on line. I wanted a solar panel installation that looked good. I did not like seeing the silver conduit that went down from the solar panels and around the house to a large inverter, control box and a cut-off switch. ION Solar has an inverter attached to each solar panel and the output of the inverters is sent into the attic so that I cannot see the silver conduit. From the attic ION Solar sends the electricity through conduit under the eves of the house and under the eves of my garage so that it is less noticeable. Then ION Solar painted the conduit so that it matches the color of my house. On the side of my garage I have a solar controller box and an emergency cut-off box. That is it. That was appealing to me. Some solar companies offer ‘free solar panels’ and they will indeed install them for free but then there is a catch. There is either a lease, a loan or you pay for the power that the solar panels produce, called Power Purchase Agreement. Either way you look at it, these other schemes are more expensive in the long run than just purchasing them outright and with ION Solar I can get an interest rate of 3.99% do to that. The Federal Government is offering an Investment Tax Credit (ITC) that you can claim on your federal income taxes, which currently amounts to 26% of the total cost. DATE INVESTMENT TAX CREDIT 31 DEC 2019 30% January 2020 26% January 2021 22% 0% Should I decide to sell my house, the solar panels will increase the value of the house 3% to 4%, and the big plus is that the amount remaining on the installation loan can be transferred to the new owner of my house. Here in Nevada there is “Net Metering”. You can google that to understand it. DATE PURCHASE BACK RATE 15 June 2017 95% August 2018 88% 28 Jun 2019 81% Unknown Date 75% I went for ION Solar and I am proud of the solar panels that I own and the installation looks good. Paying back the cost is like purchasing a car. I don’t think that it is going to be that difficult.

Sep 17, 2020

Gary, thank you for the fantastic review. We are happy that you are proud of your solar panels and are loving the solar life! Thanks again for the review!

Halley King

March 10th, 2020 Payson, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything from the consultation to the installation went smoothly. Great company!

Sep 17, 2020

Halley, thank you so much! We are so grateful for the time you took to leave this five-star review!

Bruce Miller

March 7th, 2020 Englewood, CO

Ion Solar has provided a wonderful experience for installing solar on our home. It does take awhile with city approvals and Xcel Energy installation as well. Please just understand this going in. Our project manager Cole has been efficient and the text messaging updates are nice. I am looking forward to seeing how well the system meets the needs of providing a fossil fuel alternative. Bruce

Sep 17, 2020

Bruce, thank you for your five-star review! We will pass the kind words to Cole and the rest of our team. We hope you love your solar!

Stephen E

March 2nd, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We recently purchased a Solar system for our house from ION Solar. We signed the contract on 12/12/19 and our we received PTO from NV Energy on 2/11/20. The installation was very clean and professionally done. The wiring is installed through the attic leaving a clean and uncluttered installation on the roof. They even when to the extent of painting the electrical conduit that running down the side of the house to the electrical panel to match the color of the house. We also requested "critter guard" as part of the installation ( to prevent pigeons nesting ) and it was installed after we received inspection from the city. After our system was initially turned on after receiving PTO, we were told one of the panels was not reporting and that a service call had been scheduled. It took several service calls to resolve the issue, but in the end all panels are working and generating power. The benefit of having this issue arise during the install has been that we can testify that all panels report and generate power independently, so only those down affect your output and the remaining panels still operate and generate power. So in our case 11 of our 12 panels were working the entire time. I was skeptical about the power generation capabilities of our system, but so far we have generated approximately three days of excess power in a little under a 3 week period. We have received all the incentives we were promised during the contract negotiations. There are cheaper solar installations out there and I do feel we paid for a premium product, but having said that I also do believe we received a premium product. We are currently not producing anywhere near peak power due to it being February and yet our average daily output is almost reaching our estimate annual average. And that is with one panel down for most of that time. We are very happy overall with our experience and final outcome and would recommend ION Solar to others based on our experience.

Sep 17, 2020

Stephen, thank you for the fantastic review. We are so happy that you are enjoying your solar system!

Tracylynn Trujillo

February 29th, 2020 Denver, CO

Loving MY new Ion Solar Panels. Everything ran smoothly with Ion solar and I am pleased with my experience and customer service. Cole T did a great job keeping me informed through the process.

Sep 17, 2020

Thanks for the review, Tracylynn! We will pass on the kind words to Cole! We are so glad you are happy with your solar panels.

Michelle R

February 28th, 2020 San Antonio, TX

I have 0 complaints! Everyone has been so informative and helpful! The customer service has exceeded all expectations. Every single person we've had the pleasure of talking to or meeting has been so kind and fun. The panels look so good on our roof and we're just 2 steps away from going live! I HIGHLY recommend Ion Solar! And I recommend asking for Zach N & Adam S!

Sep 17, 2020

Michelle, thank you for the amazing five-star review! We are so happy you found our team to be informative and helpful! We will pass the kind words to Zach, Adam and the rest of our team. We hope you love your solar!

Rod Poole

February 27th, 2020 San Antonio, TX

Ion Solar kept us in the loop and notified us of every move. From the beginning to ending. Very nice people. Clean reputable work. Absolutely no complaints. Highly recommended.

Sep 17, 2020

Rod, thank you for your fantastic five-star review! We are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with our team. We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of going solar!

Chris Martin

February 27th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ION was great! The salesman was super friendly and knowledgeable (Brandon L). The rest of the crew that showed up for inspection and installation were also very friendly and efficient. I would recommend ION to anyone looking for solar panels.

Sep 17, 2020

Chris, wow! Thanks for leaving such a great review. We will pass your remarks to Brandon and the rest of the inspection/installation team! We hope you continue to enjoy going solar!

Ralph Martinez

February 27th, 2020 Albuquerque, NM

FROM THE VERY 1ST SALESMAN TAD, TO THE SET MAN AND INSTALLERS, INCLUDING CATHY, THE LADY ON THE PHONE. EVERYONE HAS BEEN SPECTACULAR! THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT SERVICE!

Sep 17, 2020

Ralph, thank you for such an awesome five-star review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your service! We hope you are loving your solar panels.

Perla Murillo

February 26th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I personally recommend ION solar for their excellent communication and professionalism since the beginning of the process.

Sep 17, 2020

Perla, thank you for your recommendation and the five-star review. We are so glad you found our team to be professional and communicative. We hope that you are loving your solar!

Freid Family

February 26th, 2020 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very responsive to questions. Friendly install crew.

Sep 17, 2020

Thank you for the review! We are happy you found our team to be responsive and friendly! We hope you are enjoying your solar panels.

Jennifer Ellsworth

February 21st, 2020 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ION has been very helpful and friendly. My only complaint so far is that they overscheduled the electrician so my power was off twice as long as it should have been when they installed the panels.

Sep 17, 2020

Jennifer, we are glad that you have found our team to be helpful and friendly. We are so sorry about the overscheduled electrician. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us work on our internal communication and improve our process. Thank you!

Greg VanHorn

February 21st, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The company has been great to work with. They have been updating us as every step gets done. Ion Solar installation went very good, they were on time, efficient, and very friendly. I would recommend Ion Solar to anyone thinking about going to solar.

Sep 17, 2020

Greg, thank you so much for the five-star review and the recommendation! We are happy that you found our team to be on time, efficient and friendly! We hope you are loving all the benefits of going solar!

Joey Whetstone

February 21st, 2020 Las Vegas, NV

Did an amazing install. Quick and painless

Sep 17, 2020

Joey, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We hope you love your solar panels!

Tanya Layne

February 20th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very professional team. Each person I have come in contact with are excited to work for Ion Solar. They have quality work! Highly reccomend.

Sep 17, 2020

Tanya, thank you for the five-star review! We are happy that you have found our team to be enthusiastic about the work they are doing. We are also grateful for your recommendation! Thanks again for the awesome review!

Howard E Fitch

February 20th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The installation of the panels took place in May of 2019. It is now February of 2020 and not approved yet. Secondly the papers that are supposed to be looked at cannot be viewed on the server that I told the young lady I would rather have them sent to a different server. I never received them

Sep 17, 2020

Howard, we are sorry to see your review. We would like to look into your account. Will you email [email protected] with our address and experience? We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Darrin Fox

February 19th, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service and the installation was amaxing

Sep 17, 2020

Darrin, thank you for the review and kind words. We hope you are enjoying your solar panels!

Alice

February 19th, 2020 Round Rock, TX

They kept me informed during the entire process. Whenever I asked a question it was honestly answered.

Sep 17, 2020

Alice, we are so grateful for your five-star review! We hope you are enjoying the benefits of going solar!

David Oltmann

February 19th, 2020 Round Rock, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The communication from the company about the whole solar process was great. The Ion Solar team was incredibly professional from the first visit through the installation process. This is a great company.

Sep 17, 2020

David, thank you for the fantastic five-star review! We are so happy that you found our team to be professional. We hope that you are enjoying your solar!

Leonard Davis

February 18th, 2020 Onancock, VA

They helped me get financed to help me do everything they walk me through every step and made me feel real comfortable doing it I am pleased on everything that they have done from insulation to all the help they gave me

Sep 17, 2020

Leonard, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your kind words. We hope that you are enjoying your decision to go solar!

David Reeser

February 18th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We were given excellent customer service from Cole T and the people from ION and are extremely pleased with the results. The system is working perfectly.

Sep 17, 2020

David, we are so happy to hear that your system is working perfectly. We will pass on your kind words to Cole. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate it!

David Ellis

February 18th, 2020 Boulder, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ion Solar has done a wonderful job with the Installation of Solar Panels on our home. They look great!

Sep 17, 2020

David, we are so happy to hear you are pleased with your solar panels! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

tom smallwood

February 18th, 2020 Victor, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Technicians showed up on time and quickly got to work. They were focused and worked efficiently. They finished in less time than they estimated. Very happy with the quality of work.

Sep 17, 2020

Tom, we are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your solar process! Thank you for leaving us a five-star review!