Best Company Guarantee Gold Path Solar Logo

Gold Path Solar

8.6

LAST UPDATED: December 4th, 2023

Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Gold Path Solar was founded in 2022.

Leveraging 20 years of collective solar experience, its leadership team acknowledged three major complaints in the solar industry and decided to start a company to solve these issues:

1. Customers having poor sales experiences that resulted from high-pressure tactics
  2. Communication frustration
  3. Poor installation due to a lack of trained installers

Gold Path is an employee-owned company that focuses on long-term success, creating value and jobs within local communities.

The Good

• Industry-Leading Workmanship Quality
  • Free Quote
  • Devoted Solar Advocate
  • Financing Consultation
  • Customer Reviews

Industry-Leading Workmanship Quality

As mentioned, some consumers may rightfully worry about poor installation quality when they hear about bad experiences with other solar companies. With Gold Path Solar, customers can be confident that their investment will be protected with a high-quality installation. All Gold Path Solar installation crews have 5+ years of on-the-job experience.

Free Quote

Gold Path Solar’s goal is to be customer-oriented from the start of the process.

To that aim, the company offers a non-sales consultation, where solar seekers can talk with an expert and ask questions they have about solar and Gold Path Solar’s approach. The expert will ask questions about goals, the home, and all necessary information to build a quote that is customized to the potential project with all the options available.

Devoted Solar Advocate

As mentioned, Gold Path Solar is aware of customer complaints in the solar industry and has made it a core focus to streamline communication for its customers. Therefore, customers have a specific devoted solar advocate throughout the entire solar installation process.

With a single point of contact, customers know who to call with questions or concerns. This advocate will be responsible for helping the customer with paperwork, financing, installation, set up, solar company meter installation, and making sure everything runs smoothly.

Financing Consultation

While the company does not directly finance solar, 80 percent of its customers do so through a $0 down, third-party solar financing company, so Gold Path Solar is prepared to point you in the right direction. Gold Path claims it can provide customers the lowest-cost financing options out there.

The company can also present additional options, such as rolling your solar costs into a mortgage or construction loan.

Gold Path emphasizes the importance of taking advantage of solar tax credits and being educated on warranty details.

Customer Reviews

Gold Path Solar maintains a satisfied customer base. Our reviews repository highlights praises for the company's communication, efficiency, and system performance.

The Bad

• Limited Service Area
  • Young Company

Limited Service Area

Gold Path Solar has a limited service area. While there are benefits of having a localized customer base, the company is nonetheless limited in its reach compared to national solar companies.

Young Company

Where Gold Path Solar was founded just over a year ago, it is still in the early stages of operations and may not have the established the client base and equipment partnerships that more experienced companies do in terms of sheer numbers.

That being said, newer companies often bring innovation to the industry, bypassing outdated processes, so there can definitely be perks to being newer to the game.

The Bottom Line

Gold Path Solar is new to the industry, but it seems capable of the quality of work you'd expect from solar companies with more longevity.

The company offers a full slate of solar installation services, including solar energy storage, and customers can rest assured that a solar professional with be assisting them through every step of the solar installation process.

We encourage readers to investigate Gold Path Solar reviews (below), reach out to the company for a free quote and energy audit, and then compare their findings to other companies servicing their area.

View Best Solar Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Gold Path Solar below.

not_listed_location

Gold Path Solar Frequently Asked Questions

How much will I save with home solar?

The short answer is, a lot! The long answer is that it depends on how much energy you consume. The average homeowner who works with Gold Path Solar is able to pay up to 20% less than they are paying currently, from day one, with nothing out of pocket! Most of the home solar installations that Gold Path sees through interconnection will result in tens of thousands of dollars in savings over the 25-year warranty period, and will last well beyond that.

How do I know if my home is right for solar?

Project Sunroof by Google revealed that over 85% of single family homes in America were suitable fits for solar panels. So if you own a home and pay an electric bill, there is a good chance you can benefit! However, some homes are better than others. Certain local rules and regulations can also make homes more or less suitable for solar. The best way to find out is to connect with a local pro and have them do the analysis for you!

Message from

Gold Path Solar

Tired of the pushy, one-size-fits-all sales approach? How about exorbitant finance charges and high up front costs?

Solar for your home makes sense when done with the right partner, and that’s where Gold Path Solar comes in.

We believe in energy equity, every property owner should have a say in their energy future and should own a stake in it.

We assign a guide that will take you through your personalized savings calculation and design, and will be with you through the project.

No more broken promises or misleading sales data!

Gold Path is a local, employee owned business that will stick with you through the project and beyond.

Ensuring an stress-free, positive experience you’ll want to share with your neighbors.

Check out our reviews and reach out to us today to see the difference!

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down
bestcompany guarantee

Learn More About Our Guarantee

5.0

bookmark

Featured Review

Brandon Orahood

I recently had the pleasure of working with Gold Path Solar, and it was an unforgettable experience. From the moment I inquired about going solar, Gold Path Solar went above and beyond to ensure my needs were taken care of. I really liked the way they reviewed my electric bill and designed a system to meet my energy needs. This honestly could not have been a better time to go solar given the increasing energy rates. I will definitely be using Gold Path Solar again when it’s time to add more panels and storage to my property. Contact Gold Path Solar to start saving money now!

3 months ago Edited August 15, 2023

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Awesome feedback Brandon! We really appreciate the kind words and vote of confidence.

bookmark

Featured Review

Brian C Cincinnati, OH

The staff has been incredible to work with. I was a bit skeptical at first about the claims for savings and level of customer service, but everything Gold Path Solar promised me has come to fruition and more! If you get a chance to work with Adam H, I highly recommend asking for him. He was a superstar and does a GREAT job explaining everything on the front end so there is no ambiguity or doubts once everything is in place.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thanks Brian! Your feedback is much appreciated and we welcome your continued support!

Bob Wright Summerville, SC

Professional and competent contact person (Jake). Good communications. Handled all of the permitting and working with our electric company. Well designed system, good pricing for high quality equipment. Installation was well done; neat, clean, and looks good . Highly recommended.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thanks for the excellent feedback! Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Ellen Hodgins Reynoldsburg, OH

We recently had Gold Path Solar install solar panels on our home. I have been researching solar for the past year and selected Gold Path Solar because they were knowledgeable, good pricing, they are local, and they weren’t pushy. I have been pleased with my experience with them. I appreciated getting weekly updates during the permitting process and knowing what the next steps were. The actual installation took less than half a day and the installers were very professional and respectful of my property. I would definitely recommend Gold Path Solar to anyone looking to get solar panels installed.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thank you Ellen for the great feedback! Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Cody Still Toronto, OH

Gold Path Solar knocked it out the park with being there for their customer. The install was fast and efficient and Adam did an amazing job with communication.

1 day ago

Angela Zhang

I received multiple quotes for my home and I felt the most comfortable with Gold Path Solar. Jake focused on education rather than sales tactics and at the end of the day their products, price & process were all objectively better than the other quotes so it wasn't a hard decision and I do not regret it!

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Hey Angela, thank you for the awesome feedback! We always try to approach each project like it is on our own home. Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Casey Vatter Guthrie, OK

Gold Path Solar is the only company to go with when choosing to go solar! Alex was extremely thorough and professional when going over my personalized plan, getting me to zero percent grid dependency. He was responsive whenever I had a question or concern with the system. Jeramie installed the system in only a few hours and was kind, courteous, and extremely knowledgeable. I couldn’t be more satisfied in my decision to choose Gold Path Solar for my energy needs.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Awesome feedback, Casey! We appreciate the encouragement and welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Monte Erickson Duncan, SC

Because the solar industry is so tainted, dishonest and greedy, I had to interview and get quotes from 8 different companies. What I found was major inconsistencies for the same products and installation processes. Then I found Jake, his company and team. They were not only honest through the whole process, but their pricing was fair, and they had some unique financing that happened to be what I wanted. From the beginning, Jake was on top of everything. He knew the time lines and coached me through every step. Everything took place exactly like he said. Product and team showed up as scheduled every time. The installation was absolutely a work of art. So neat and professionally done. That is not normally the case with other solar groups. I have seen their shotty work. You can definitely tell that their years of experience and distain for all that is wrong with this business business has helped them shape a perfectly seamless process. I would recommend them to anyone needing solar. Monte Erickson, Realtor, Lokation Real Estate, Columbia, SC,

2 months ago Edited September 27, 2023

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thank you, Monte! It is great to hear such positive feedback! Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community! Great work, Jake!

Adrian Cameron Mayfield, KY

I have nothing bad to say about my experience with Gold Path Solar. They are an exceptionally well-run company with great people from the leadership all the way down to the installers. The Co-Founder, Adam H, was there for us every single step of the way. I was never confused or stressed about what was going on or what needed to be done… Adam made sure of that. We were updated continually on every step of the process. The crew that came to install my solar panels was extremely friendly and incredibly professional from the time they showed up until the work was complete. They were quick and efficient and cleaned up after themselves more than any other contractors that I have dealt with in the past. The quality of the installation, as well as the panels themselves, is second to none. As soon as the panels were up and the wiring installed, I was producing more energy than my home was using. This is an absolute fantastic company and I highly recommend them if you are in the market for saving money!

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thanks Adrian! This feedback is very valuable to us and we appreciate all the support! Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Melissa Rayner Greenville, SC

I received 8 quotes for my solar project including Gold Path. I originally chose a different company to do my install. Once they performed the home assessment things went sideways. I got hit with many extra charges and work that would need to be completed before they could do the install ($7000) and their battery option would not support my whole home unless I bought 2 (adding an additional $17000 to project). With Gold Path Solar none of that was the case. They offered a battery option for my whole home and I did not have to make any changes to my existing electrical panels. They provided research and Youtube videos that would aid me in choosing the right products for my home. Jake was amazing as a point of contact. He always kept me informed of current steps and next steps in the project. Communication was key. Jeremie and the other electricians were top notch. They respected my home and protected my property. They were great at explaining all of the parts of my unit and how they worked together and additional add-ons I can do later like adding an EV charger or sauna or using a stand-alone generator to charge my back-up battery . They were not the first company I spoke with or the cheapest but they were the best for me. There association with Credit Human Credit Union is a plus as well.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Wow such fantastic feedback! We appreciate all the support. Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

David Acevedo Huntersville, NC

As far as the quality of service, follow up, and attention to detail these guys are top notch. I would highly recommend anybody looking into the solar lifestyle to try Jake from Gold Path solar. He made it seamless effortless and Kept me informed the entire way. I will definitely recommend people to this company and to Jake.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thanks for the great feedback, David! Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Emma Mullins Louisville, KY

Installing solar panels with Gold Path Solar was the best decision I have made! They were extremely easy to work with and explained every step of the process. Everyone on their team was friendly and professional. I would highly recommend using Gold Path Solar!

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thank you Emma for fantastic vote of confidence! Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Lucius Moses Columbia, SC

The team of Gold Path made it easy and understandable. They kept us informed every step of the way. From install, tree removal and log transport.

1 month ago Edited November 2, 2023

Oct. 26th, 2023

Rick Adams Louisville, KY

Gold Path is the gold standard! Their professional staff made the installation process convenient and hassle free. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Great to hear! Thank you for the vote of confidence, and welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Jamie Price North Augusta, SC

Jake was very professional and helpful-- patiently answered all my questions, very knowledgeable!!! Jeremy did a beautiful install job!!! I highly recommend Gold Path Solar!!!!!

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Great to hear! We appreciate your enthusiasm and vote of confidence! Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Peter Martin

I can't stress enough how amazing this Tean is at Gold Path Solar. We have had a lot of quotes and they were the most affordable. The support and how personable they are with you, makes them trustworthy and reliable, compared to other competitors! I would recommend them and there efficient services again!

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Great to hear! We always encourage getting other bids so the Gold Path difference can really shine through! Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Donna Wise

Alex H and his company were helpful and super quick to respond to all my questions making my experience extremely stress and worry free dealing with my utility company regarding my solar panels.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thanks Donna! We very much appreciate the feedback! Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Casey Y Prospect, KY

Strongly recommend. Gold Path Solar was up front and honest from the very beginning. Easily accessible for any questions, and delivered on all their promises. Can’t recommend GPS enough!

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thank you Casey for the excellent feedback! Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Jul. 27th, 2023

Scott Sylvania, OH

Alex answered all of my questions, everything that he told me upfront happened on time and on budget. The install only took one day and I was up and running saving money immediately.

Sep. 7th, 2023

CS Willoughby NC

Alex the rep for Gold Path has been great. Very informative about the process and has followed up each step of the way. The process does take awhile, but nothing that wasn’t explained before we started. The installation team was also great. Job was done very clean and efficiently with no issues. Most of the job was done without us being home and had no issues with the team being on property without us there. If you are considering solar, I highly recommend Gold Path.

Jim D Cincinnati, OH

Gold Path Solar is a very professional company. Their Sales team took the time to not only explain the benefits, but also about the technology itself. Their designers spent the time going over where the panels would be placed on our house and why, for optimum performance. They also covered how our system will work with our electric company's power grid. Looking forward to getting our system installed!

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thank you Jim for all the help! We appreciate it! Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Conor B Cincinnati, OH

Incredible service! I should’ve done this years ago! Don’t choose anyone else! My wife and I worked with Alex on this and he did an incredible of sitting down with us and going over everything from how it works, to how the monthly billing goes, and then even all the installation questions I had. Even post installation I had a couple questions for him and every time he picked up the phone and was happy to answer or get me an answer if he didn’t know off the top of his head. We’ve been really happy with solar and recommend it to anyone that will listen.

10 months ago Edited January 30, 2023

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thank you Conor for the kind words of support! Welcome to the solar community!

Peter Buck GA

It was a pleasure working with Adam and Gold Path Solar. Things got a little tricky with zoning regulations but they worked through all the paperwork and happy to now be powered by the sun! Many thanks again to Adam and the team.

Jul. 27th, 2023

Marjorie L Broadview Heights, OH

Highly recommend Gold Path Solar! I got 5 total quotes and theirs was right in the middle but what made me choose them was they had by far the best financing options and their team was extremely experienced, knowledgeable and catered to my needs/wants. I have referred many people to them already and couldn’t recommend them more!

10 months ago Edited July 3, 2023

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Fantastic feedback Marjorie! We appreciate all the support! Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Patrick Michael Milford, OH

Gold Path Solar was excellent to work with from start to finish- they answered all of my questions and their professionalism was evident from the proposal through the install and inspections. I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in solar.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thanks Patrick for all the awesome feedback! We appreciate your support!

Tyler Hinkel

Adam and his team were professional, transparent, and responsive from start to finish. I never felt like I was being sold or gimmicked like other companies—and they answered or addressed all my questions and concerns. Very happy with my choice in Gold Path Solar. Thank you!

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thanks for the fantastic feedback! We appreciate the continued support!

Connie B Cincinnati, OH

Gold Path Solar was a great company to work with. Their salespeople were very friendly and informative! I learned a lot and had all my questions answered during the buying process. The installation went very smoothly. Thanks Gold Path! Very excited about my new system

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thanks Connie! Your feedback and support are always appreciated.

Kerry Ragland Greenville, SC

I had a great experience with Gold Path Solar! From start to finish, the process was easy and well communicated. I felt like they were with me every step of the way. After the installation, they went the extra mile to make sure I understood the system. I would highly recommend!

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback, Kerry! We very much appreciate it. Feel free to recommend our services to anyone, and don't forget about our referral program!

Graham Nashville, TN

I appreciated how swift they were with their responses and answer to all questions I had. Very personal and knowledgeable with their approach. Felt like I was dealing with true professionals who cared a lot about me and their craft.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thanks Graham! Wonderful feedback! Welcome to the solar community!

LLB Mauldin, SC

Gold Path Solar installed 16 solar panels on my roof and my house is now generating electricity!   I am very satisfied with the entire process from quote to service after the installation.  Gold Path advertises their advantage of having one point of contact for the entire process and it had a huge positive impact on my experience.  Alex's ability to rapidly address my questions and concerns was outstanding.   I also really like the Enphase app called Enlighten which shows me my previous days electricity production as well as the history of my production.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Great feedback! Thanks Lyle! Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Stephanie Bey Milford, OH

I am very happy with my decision to go Solar with Gold Path. They have been excellent to work with from start to finish, and made sure all of my questions were answered throughout the process.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Great feedback Stephanie! We appreciate it!

Matt Johnson

The whole process, sales, install and follow up was very professional. My sales rep did a great job of guiding me through the entire process. Wet happy with the job they did!

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thanks Matt! We really appreciate the feedback!

Jean Foley-Harrison Columbus, OH

I received 6 quotes and gold path was the best. Most of the others tried to push products on me whereas Jake listened to my needs and offered solutions. Thank you!

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thank you Jean! We appreciate the kind words about Jake and look forward to your continued support of Gold Path Solar!

Becky Hester Williamston, SC

Every one that I had contact with was amazing they answered all questions I had. finished install in a timely manner and was courteous and thoughtful.

10 months ago Edited January 20, 2023

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thank you Becky! We appreciate the phenomenal feedback and welcome you to the Gold Path Solar community!

Jessica D Lexington, SC

Good experience with company rep as well as the people who installed the panels. We were told things moved fast and had a lot of pressure to hurry up to sit and wait. Whole process was about 3 months. The app that you get for the panel does not really show you much of anything.

10 months ago Edited January 26, 2023

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thank you Jessica for the thoughtful feedback! We look forward to your continued support and welcome you to the solar community!

Ethan Nichols Mount Vernon, OH

It was great working with Gold path. Very professional

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thanks for the feedback! Welcome to the Gold Path Solar community!

Oct. 26th, 2023

Andrew Hay

This company was awesome! They were very helpful and were straight shooters. Answered every question I had about the project!

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thanks for the feedback Andrew! We appreciate your continued support!

Stephen Moore Kings Mountain, NC

Excellent service, Jake walked us through each part of the process and the application is working great!

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thank you Stephen! Your feedback is extremely helpful. We look forward to your continued support for years to come. Welcome to the Gold Path Solar Community!

Caitlin Barkley Joppa, MD

The Gold Path team is top notch. Great communication, reliable and very knowledgeable. Would highly recommend.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thank you Caitlin for your continued support! We appreciate the feedback and welcome you to the solar community!

Aaron Hay Seymour, TN

This team has great knowledge and experience! Easy to deal with and reliable as well.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thank you Aaron, your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Tami Columbus, OH

Gold Path did an incredible job. Very knowledge, courteous and timely. Would highly recommend.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thanks Tami! Your feedback means a lot, we appreciate your support!

James A Prospect, KY

Going solar is a no-brainer, especially with GPS, they were great to work with!

10 months ago Edited January 27, 2023

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thanks James! We could not agree more!

Kyle R Chicago, IL

Very easy process and fantastic service/support.

Reply from Gold Path Solar

Thanks for the feedback, Kyle!

Abby E Oxford, OH

Extremely professional, dependable, and congenial!

Reply from Gold Path Solar

We love those adjectives! Thanks for the continued support!