DISH Logo

DISH

8.8

C. McLaughli Denver, CO

Don't believe Dish Network's "Price Lock" promotions, they will raise your bill anyway. Dish sold me a TV/internet bundle that was guaranteed to be "price locked" for 24 months, but the internet bill unexpectedly went up by $10/month after 6 months. I called Dish and they told me that only some of the advertised prices were price locked while others were not. Of course, the sales person neglected to point this out. The lesson is take Dish's "Price Lock" promises for what they are: a hollow sales gimmick that they don't intend to honor.

Pos Tuscaloosa, AL

I have had Dish many years.$83 per month.Not a lot of good stations.Mostly religious stuff,Stations selling merchandise,and stations that play music. You buy the package and they pick the station. I lose the signal continusly in stormy or rainy weather.They never upgrade your equiptment . It is like a third world system. I think it would be a good thing for them to come out check your dish,alignment and give a tune up check every 4 years.But with them its only the money

david Kinston, NC

They are not cheap in price despite what the add say. I have been a Dish customer for almost 20 yrs and if someone would give us a deal I'd switch in a minute. They are all about them making $$$. I know that's all companies goal but all communications companies just want to pad the HIP.

Dean Dearinger Williamsport, IN

I can't understand how anyone can say they have fantastic service? I have had it for about 20 months now, and its nothing like fantastic, they have taken off more channels than put more on. I see they put back Channel 13 out of Indy after about a month without it. I had Comcast for about 20 years and had nothing but fantastic service with them, their service don't go out when a rain drop comes within 5 miles like dish does. I shouldn't even give them a 1 but i feel good today

Mike Davenport, IA

When I quit their instructions read like they didn't want my hopper by serial # & I got rid of it - they did. Had to pay $300 BUT they would not tell me how much or let pay for 60 days! And my hopper would skip 20 minutes of a movie I recorded on it like a commercial and would do it again when I backed up to see the movie. They are ranked as 1 of the 10 worst companies to work at so I have to think things are not all that good.

Jaime Long Indianapolis, IN

Dish Network used to be the best but now they aren't. They've gotten so big like AT&T. So one little customer doesn't matter to them anymore. Now what Dish doesn't say about 2 year contract for one year, $19.99 to $44.99 without equipment rentable. Second year $45.99 to $85.99 without equipment rentable. If you do not get insurance you will pay for each and every visit or if the Dish box goes out you have to buy one and still pay rent on it. So at this point when my contract is up I will be looking for a better service provider.

Clyde B Rock Hill, SC

Programming is fine. no complaints but...your accounting/billing sucks! Whomever they are, they cannot seem to get their act together month after month and I have to call and quarrel the charges month after month. My programming never changes but your bills always do. My son has already dropped you like a bad habit and I'm poised to do the same, contract or not and you can take whatever action your heart desires. It's a shame DISH doesn't care that I've been a loyal customer since 1997 and have paid you people well over $20K over the last 18 years.

Pauline Heilig DeMott Sheridan, MI

Dish network has not been any good for me.. I like the safe programs and evidently they are not on the programs I get.. I would have liked Hallmark, biography a+e and that type of programs... Since I have been paying for almost two years and never turn the TV on except when my kids are here, I will cancel as soon as I can.. I am paying way too much to have to pay more in order to get these programs... Very Very dissatisfied with this contract..

Doug Kabrey Tipton, MO

I had Dish Network for a few years and I did not like the fact that when ever the weather was bad, tornado watch or warnings we would lose the satellite signal. Even lost it once during a heavy snow storm. Not good when the weather is bad and you lose your main source of weather reports. After the initial sign-up period usually 12-24 months they jacked up the premium so high it took a major jump in price so we went back to good old standby reliable cable and saved almost $500.00 a year.

bonnie Lawson Campbellsville, KY

I don't know where you got your prices but my Dish costs $109 a month for 200 channels which consist of mostly advertisments. Add to this the loss of Fox news for several weeks with no compensation, it goes out when it rains. I am still with them because we have everything with our landline and if we change our landline will go up. This company is not consumer friendly and I don't know what it has for $44.99 but I can't get it.

James Roper Grand Junction, CO

I wish I could select 0 a couple more time. They have a very bad service and customer relations. I will NEVER go back to dish and you should not as well., Its a long story but they would not refund my money, after they deleted some of the channels I signed up for, telling me to read the fine print. Dish really sucks big time. DO NOT sign up for dish ever.

Janie Hertel

Dish replays too many programs and the selections are a lot fewer than when they are putting on a promotion!! Their prices are also too high. Their new controllers are difficult to use and easy to screw up' I have had dish for about 10yrs and am seeing it go downhill more every year. If I could get netflex I'd get rid of it today!!! I'm looking into other options because I've just had it with Dish Network.

Metz Mattoon, IL

Like they say a drop of rain and the dish goes out. There is NO good programs for the price and the price keeps going up with NO more service or programs. They always have an excause why it goes up. We get the 200 and there is nothing anymore to watch on it. It's all junk and have to pay $80 a mo. $30 a mo. would be high. I am thinking about doing away with it. Nothing good on it anymore. NOT worth the price.

John Oliver Jackson, MS

My first satelite system was DISH. First I had to pay over 300 for installation and equipment. The plan went up 3 times within the first year. Then I started getting bogus charges for movies and special events that I never ordered or recieved. Calls to Dish were a waste of time. When I canceled I received a large bill for cancelling the service and a demand for the return of equipment I had to pay for up front. DISH should be banned from the satelite business.

james Lexington, KY

I dropped dish for Directv during the fox news fiasco. Best decision I've made in a long time. I get more channels with Directv and bill is much lower than with Dish. Plus rain and snow hasn't impacted my signal quality. We got 10 plus inches of snow here northern Kentucky in one day this past winter, never once did I lose signal. My neighbor who is a dish victim, wasn't able to watch TV until the storm had passed. I'll never go back to Dish!

Peggy Bremen, KY

Please give me a couple of movie channels from Friday night to Monday morning, Through the week there is plenty of continuing shows on the local channels, but week-ends you offer nothing fit to watch, I have a church service on Sunday I watch I really hate to give it up or I would be gone already, I am a long time customer but I am about to change that, for what I pay I expect something to watch on week-ends.

Linde Caswell Eugene, OR

Love my German TV Program and also watched the Ducks play when Direct TV could not come to an agreement for years. That's when I switched to Dish Love it

Shirley Ann Standridge

I am disappointed that I cannot get unlimited high speed internet. I pay for the larges speed that I can get, but due to usage, I run out of high speed well before the month ends(at least 11/2 or 2 weeks). I'd be glad to pay extra for unlimited but Dish says that it's not available!

Arnold Minot, ME

Stay away from 2 yr. contracts. First year price is reasonable, 2nd yr. big price increase. Consider climbing on your roof to retrieve a part from the dish and shipping this along with receivers to dish at your cost after cancelling. I switched to cable and never looked back. Getting Internet, TV and phone for less than I was paying Dish for TV only.

Jo Carr Mountain View, CA

I have had Direct, Comcast & Dish. I love Dish because the DVR allows me to have my own external hard drives to store 100s of hours of movies. Wouldn't give up DISH.

Hugo escalante TX

Excellent customer service good reception my bill always the same excellent company i really recommended. Thumbs up for dish.

Tony Wilhite ,

I like some of the newer features of DISH but the cost of watching TV is getting pretty expensive. I can't believe how they drop channels left and right and expect us customers to just be ok with it.

Frankie Cibolo, TX

I have had dish n the past and recently re-signed with them. Their price is about average for what they offer, however, their service is not as good as I expected. I get a lot of pixelation on my recording.

willie Higgins Tulsa, OK

Dish works well. Some of the problems I have experienced has been their continuous fee increases. Very seldom do they have any new or better programs . The satellite dish seems to react negatively to even mild bad weather.

Terry Hoffman Dallas, TX

Dish customer service representatives have always been very helpful in resolving the technical problems of the satellite tv service. However, they do not fairly credit back charges for periods of no service that I called about.

aoelberg Nacogdoches, TX

I enjoyed the packages that DISH offers. They have more flexible packages in comparison to Directv. My biggest problem is the price. DISH is priced way too high to compete with Direct. If the price point would drop they would be a much better choice.

Emily Beaverton, OR

The service guys who came out were always very friendly. Phone customer service was mediocre. Living towards the country the service could be spotty sometimes and the internet was very slow. High priced for what you get for sure, most good things were extra.

Janie Avery-Rivas Downey, CA

Dish TV is the best for the price. Their customer Service is always curtious, professional and their to help you resolve the problem no matter how small or large.

Monique Morgan ,

I have been with dish networks for about 12 years and they do not have any specials for me. They told me I ran out of specials and that I have the best deals at $70.00 a month for my current services. I believe since I've been a good customer for all these years my bill should be lower then what it is. This is just my opinion.

Nicholas Nesbit , TX

Anytime you will need to get in contact with customer service, be expected to wait a long time. Their customer service department is poor. The quality of TV is poor in bad weather conditions and at times poor with light rain.

Michael Lait Enterprise, AL

Decent product it sometimes goes out when the weather is bad but you kind of got to understand that that’s just part of the deal the customer service is really good all in all a really good company

L.Tolar San Antonio, TX

Have been with these cable company more then 10 yrs and still paying over $150. Even after they took my spurs games away ,and just got over covin 19 and they dont seem to care

Jenny Martinez Miami, FL

Dish is awesome. I especially like the mobile app. Whenever I’m not home and waiting I pull out my phone and watch whatever I want. The channels and networks are excellent.

PJWILEY Austin, AR

I was never a fan of Dish. I didn't like the setup. I am now a fan and finding more and more to like about DISH. Cost, reliability, customer service, etc..

aHoosier ,

I had Dish for about 3 years. I'd try to cut programming to reduce my bill. But certain items had to be paid for in order to receive others. It was not an a la carte style choice. So I had to pay for things I didn't want in order to have an HD DVR.

Steve Jones Riverton, UT

Dish Network is great. Great quality of shows and entertainment, and dependable equipment. LOVE the hopper feature. The only issue I have is the loss of picture during heavy storms, but that's few and far between.

Janan Grange Pleasant Grove, UT

We have been a Dish customer for the last 15 years. We haven't really had any issues and have been happy with the service and channels. I did appreciate them sending new remotes recently without asking.

J Connelly Saratoga Springs, UT

We had dish for years. They are definitely the best priced for what you get. I have found another company that has more options and more user friendly. Dish is a great value for the money though.

Nichole Hiatt Eagle Mountain, UT

We had DISH for many years, and it was our favorite cable provider. In the end, we had to cancel because of cost and eliminated cable all together. I liked the simplicity of the guide and it was easy to navigate around on.

Cam McClellan Magna, UT

I had a good experience for days until they started raising their prices even though they were willing to give a lower price to new customers than me would been a long-time customer.

Andrea Long Beach, MS

Finally cut the cord on satellite tv! After the first 3 months, the price kept going up, and we weren’t watching half of the channels anyways. The few channels we did watch were not gonna be offered on dish any longer. Easy decision, really. Streaming is the way to go!

DAVID HADAWAY Long Beach, MS

Left DISH network and couldnt be happier. Monthly cost was getting too expensive, especially when you consider the programming options. They are so focussed on getting new clients that they forgot to take care of existing ones.

Linda Clark Gilbert, AZ

There were times when we would lose service with dish network and the satellite would have to reboot which took a long time. For the money we were paying I felt like we should have had better service.

Sam Stewart Saint George, UT

Dish has a large selection of channels and high quality service, however it’s high price may not be worth it unless one is inclined to watch the local news, network Tv, and a high number of sporting events, if not, it is not a good investment

Jeff Stewart Saint George, UT

I have been a customer for more than a decade. The service is always consistent. Not inexpensive and use it less with all of the streaming options. Mostly use for live sports.

Amy Decker Bloomington, IN

We’ve been Dish customers for more than 15 years. Overall, good service and good product. Good channel selection, but prices have not remained competitive in my opinion. App is decent, but does not always perform.

Rory Henrie Pleasant Grove, UT

I had Dish for about 15 years. I had hardly any issues at all. I really liked the service. I only switched to bundle other features. I would recommend as a satelite tv service.

Joy Hill Pleasant Grove, UT

Love Dish - I've been with them for nearly 20 years. I like that the price is flat - no promos that leave you paying a ton when the promo period is over. Simple

Randy Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

I've been a customer for 15 years. I really like the variety of channels they offer. However, it is expensive, and I am considering cancelling due to cheap services like Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Alyssa skinner Gilbert, AZ

I have had dish for the last few years a and have loved it. Whenever there is a problem I don’t know how to fix customer service has always been quick to help!!