Many customer reviews (read below) mention that Cox's prices are considerably higher than other companies in the industry; however, a number of reviews mention that the quantity and quality of the channels were well worth the cost. Consumers also mentioned that Cox's customer service was quick to respond and easy to work with.

Here's a bit about the company:

Cox Communications is a cable TV, Internet, and phone provider. Customers have the option of bundling all of these services or selecting individual packages.

Cox is currently the nation's third-largest provider of cable services with six million customers. The company is a popular choice for several reasons; it provides many different packages, each with unique channel options to cater to your preferences. Although the costs are higher than other cable companies, there is no commitment contract. There are a number of unique personalized features, including new recommendations based on your preferences and the ability to watch your favorite programs remotely from your mobile device or tablet.

Cox Cable has excellent options for both residential and commercial needs.

The Good

• Quality Packages with Great Content
  • Starter TV vs. Contour TV
  • Bundle Your TV with Internet and/or Phone
  • No Lengthy Two-Year Standard Contract

Quality Packages with Great Content

Cox has become one of the most popular options for cable TV. It provides top of the line content to customers throughout the country. Cox offers several different packages, which makes it easier for customers to find the right fit for their television (and phone/Internet) needs. A customers location will determine exactly what Cox packages are available, but most customers have expressed their satisfaction with the variety of packages and offers.

Cox has eight different sports packages available for sports-crazed customers. The sports packages Cox offers include: ESPN Full Court, NHL Center Ice, NBA League Pass, ESPN GamePlan, MLB Extra Innings, MLS Direct Kick, NFL RedZone, and even a year-round service called the Sports and Information Pack.

In select packages, Cox offers customers the "Whole Home DVR" which allows users to record and then watch their favorite shows/programs from anywhere in the house. Also available in select packages are premium channels and On Demand options as well. Customers have the option of self-install or professional installation when they order Cox cable. If a customer wants to save a little extra money, Cox will send the equipment with detailed instructions on how to install.

Starter TV vs. Contour TV

Those who want a simple TV package should choose Cox's Basic Cable TV. The package offers 75 channels and starts at $25 per month (for the first 12 months). Consumers will have access to limited basic cable channels (local broadcast, government, education, shopping, etc.) and 50 Music Choice channels. Members can also stream shows anywhere with the Contour app and watch how they want with the intuitive guide, closed captioning and family-friendly parental controls.

While the Starter TV package is great for those who want to keep it simple, the Cox's Contour TV allows members to get the best HD TV experience and select the channel pak that suits their entertainment needs. With Contour TV users will be able to access shows and movies without having to switch TV inputs, use a voice remote to search across live TV, and record their favorite programs.

In addition to the channels that come with the Starter TV pack, Contour TV sets users up with a varied channel lineup including ESPN, Discovery, Disney, History, A&E, TNT, HGTV and members have the option to add channel paks at any time — including premium channels (HBO, STARZ, and SHOWTIME).

Contour TV prices start as low as $69.99 per month for 12 months.

Bundle Your TV with Internet and/or Phone

Having top-notch entertainment options all in one bill is possible with Cox Communications. Priced competitively, allows consumers to combine their cable TV with a choice of Internet speed and/or landline phone service. Having all of these provided by Cox can simplify monthly budgeting and recurring payment hassle, as well as provide high-quality service for whatever your needs may be. Cox offers three specific pre-built bundles as well as a build-your-own bundle option.

No Lengthy Two-Year Standard Contract

While most other cable or satellite TV providers lock their customers down with two-year contracts, Cox gives its customers more flexibility with a time frame requirement of fewer than two years (sometimes nothing, depending on the package selected). Contract time frames can vary, but it is consistent to see TV options hovering around 12 months. If current customers of Cox are looking to end their service, their bill will be prorated. However, there have been complaints from Cox customers having to pay additional fees when they have canceled their service.

Make sure to read and understand your agreement with Cox when services are set up.

The Bad

• Potential Cost Increase
  • Possible Fees
  • Only Available in 19 States

Potential Cost Increase

After 12 months, prices for all Cox cable packages will increase. Customers will usually see an increase in price by about $20/month. It is important for customers to look at what the regular monthly price will be (after the first 12 months) before making a decision. The lower prices are shown to entice customers and only apply for a short period of time, so customers need to make sure they understand the pricing before signing up. There could also be additional charges to DVR service, digital cable, internet speeds (Mbps), or modems.

Possible Fees

Alongside the increase in monthly cost, customers should be aware of the possible fees that may be added. Cox states that a one-time activation charge may apply and that additional jacks, inside wiring, reconnection, activation, taxes, franchise fees, and surcharges (including a video Broadcast Surcharge of up to $10) are additional.

Only Available in 19 States

Cox is limited based on geography. A customers location will determine what packages are available. To find out if Cox is a viable cable provider, potential members can log on to the Cox website and type in their zip code. The search results will show which services Cox offers in the area.

Cox is available in the following states: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, and Virginia.

The Bottom Line

Cox Communications is a good choice for cable television if it services the area in which you live. It has several premium channels available for subscription, as well as sports and international packages. Cox provides access to hundreds of channels to select customers (based on the chosen package) and also offers DVR and HD receivers.

We recommend customers who live in areas serviced by Cox to consider it as an option when choosing a satellite TV provider. Be sure to check out our Cox Cable Reviews as well to hear users customer service stories, as well as other cable companies or cable providers.

Call our recommended rep over at Cox Cable below.

3.5

Tyler B

January 18th, 2021 Palos Verdes Estates, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cox Cable is the only satellite provider for our area. During COVID-19, my wife and I's internet needs expanded given WFH. Cox has come out multiple times to make sure that we having everything that we need. Furthermore, the Company's satellite tv offering is unmatched. Whether you want on demand shows, movie rentals or simply live tv, Cox Cable has everything you could want. With so many people cutting the cord, Cox continues to provide weekly live content to keep consumers entertained.

Pika Linderman

December 17th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Despite restrictions and other issues related to the current COVID-19 situation COX Cable did a great job getting me set up with wireless services in my new home. They set me up with wireless internet services and Cable TV. I also had them install security cameras for me. The technician did a great job with the camera set up. He put them up exactly where I wanted and made sure that they were installed professionally, careful of the walls, securing the electrical wire and not just letting things hang loosely. The technician was friendly and professional and I felt comfortable with him in my home. He made sure everything was working perfectly before he left so I didn't have to worry about having to set anything up myself. They followed up after to make sure things were still running smoothly. The cameras are running great. The quality of the images is great. I'm especially impressed with the night images which are better than what I've gotten from more expensive cameras.

Anna D

December 14th, 2020 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a COX customer for over 20 years and called in to negotiate a new offer this morning. The rep said my new offer was for 12 months and my bill would only go up a few cents (Currently $79.43 and quoted $79.48). I was happy. An email confirmation just came and it said my new monthly price would be $95.61! I called them back and the person I spoke with said that the first rep did not include the taxes and fees. I pointed out that she said my total bill would only be going up a few cents a month. She said she was the supervisor and that was the best they could do, by not honoring what their rep had quoted me - a 20 year customer who has never been late on a payment or missed a payment! I know bait and switch and no one likes to be treated this way! Anna D.

Elena Margaritis

December 10th, 2020 Benson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I work from home and had major packet loss. Technicians came out and said our box was struck by lightening and they had to schedule another type of technician to come out. After waiting a week, I called to find out no one was coming because this 'third party company' never set it up. So I ended up losing my job because I was out of work so long.

Vic

December 10th, 2020 Omaha, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been with Cox for 16 years, and their service on the whole, is okay. The internet and TV are okay most of the time, but there are occasional outages. The WORST part of being with this company is their YEARLY HUGE INCREASES in rates, with no regard for long-standing customers. You basically have to call and yell at them every year to get someone to re-negotiate your rates so it's HALFWAY affordable. What makes the situation EXTREMELY sad is that they're essentially a MONOPOLY; the ONLY other options are satellite dishes, and that's no good either from what I hear. So we're stuck with these crazy people if we want to watch cable.

Rocky

December 3rd, 2020 Yukon, OK

Zero stars if possible. The neighbor had cox installed. They cut my cable line while installing ,they did not locate for utilities prior. I lost my broad band 4 days. They are lazy and sloppy. Bad work. All cox reps on phone passed the calls constantly. they would not return to fix their screw up. Don't expect cox to back up their service. They are terrible.

Sherri givens

November 11th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When the pandemic hit they didnt do jack I still had to pay a bill or my phone was cut off

Mag Tok

November 6th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very disappointed with customer service at Cox Cable. I had multiple issues in the past with Cox customer service but my biggest disappointment came when I was charged for service I didn't sign up for and they wouldn't reimbursed me for it, because technically they said i had access to the service and i technically was using it. The customer representative didn't care and was unprofessional. Transfer me to the manager that most likely wasn't a manager but his colleague. Very disappointed.

JK

October 30th, 2020 Aliso Viejo, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wasted 3 days working time with no internet with Cox. 1-st day spent 4+ hours on the phone to configure my installation and new account. 2-nd day Jacob came to install, after 90 minutes of nonsense talk and explanations he made two holes in the wall, made a picture and left without installing anything. I talked with the field manager and they promised they will send the next day installer which will finish the job. There is no communication between diferent departments.3-rd day Steven came to install, made a picture of the two holes that the previous day and left without saying he is leaving! Then he canceled the installation order! Both installers were looking for excuses not to make installation. It looks like the installers are on commission and avoid any more complicated installation. Never experienced such a unprofessional customer service in my life. Terrible experience, avoid COX at any cost!

Roxie Chapa

October 28th, 2020 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've used COX 2 times over the past 24 years. They are a little pricey for the coverage, but other than that, didn't really have any issues. Would recommend.

Jincey

October 22nd, 2020 Lafayette, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good price for internet service. I cancelled cable TV service because it cost too much and did not have the things I liked on its bundles. However, the internet service is quality at a good price. I don't recommend renting their modems, though, because you end up paying over and over for the total cost of the modem in rent fees. Just buy it outright or use your own.

Kevin Malone

October 20th, 2020 Washington, DC

My experience has been somewhat of a roller coaster ride. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it makes me want to throw it out the window. The streaming is nice and smooth. There's a room for improvement though.

Sunil Taori

October 15th, 2020 Fairfax, VA

I had been their customer for over 20 years. They were always looking to charge the highest price on top of not having the greatest internet connection speeds. Finally, I gave up and moved to FiOS.

Keith Anderson

October 15th, 2020 Henderson, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I first got their service I tried the wireless receivers for the whole house so the cable and we had to run to one and then everything else in the house was wireless but it would not work with my Google Wi-Fi network it interfered and would drop signal constantly. Regular service is okay with the wired receivers my bill is not too bad but one of my first year of my contract is up my bill is going to go up like $60 per month and my service will probably not be worth that kind of money

Andrew Hyde

October 8th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The speed, reliability, and quality of signal from Cox Cable for TV, phone, and internet was unmatched in my areas. They were the only ones that had fiber speeds at the time. The problem was that they knew they had a monopoly and exploited it raise the prices on their "valued" customers...

Marcella l Gutierrez

October 7th, 2020 Tucson, AZ

so far no problems, customer service has been very helpfull with my questions and concerns.

Kirk

October 6th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer of cox for many years. The cox service differs greatly in different areas. My service in 2016-2017 was acceptable for the price, although you will always get speeds much lower than you pay for. My current cox service that began in 2019 has been pretty unacceptable with frequent extended outages and consistently spotty connection. My current service is also more expensive than in the past for worse performance. They are the only reasonably priced service in our area, but, due to the quality, we may look into other options at the end of the current contract.

Rocatta Tait

October 1st, 2020 Norfolk, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cox has outstanding customer service. They're able to switch service locations so cable and internet are up and running before the move is complete. Their tech support is convenient and responsive. When necessary they replace rented devices seamlessly.

Lana S

September 29th, 2020 New Orleans, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cox Cable cut off my cable in April right in the middle of the pandemic. I owed $400 and they cut off my cable. I couldn't believe they wouldn't allow me time to pay instead of cutting it off. I have since switched to ATT, but they certainly have sent me to a collection agency for their $400. Where other companies were working with people during the height of the pandemic, they wanted their money first.

Misty Whipple

September 23rd, 2020 Glendale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was with Cox for over 15 years and 4 moves! I always had great service for Internet. My issues is more with the cost and lack of customer support! With the pandemic and everyone using the Internet I needed a better plan but could not afford their unlimited plan as it’s very expensive! I mad a few calls to Cox to see what my options were and when I expressed that the unlimited plan was expensive and I would probably need to switch providers if there were no deals I was told “yes it is expensive”. When I stated I have been with you for over 15 years is there anyone I can talk to about possibly getting a better deal I was told “ no that’s the only option we have” I was very disappointed in the lack of customer loyalty. Then to pour salt on the wound after I disconnect my service I received a call saying they could get me unlimited for the same price I was paying before....this was after I already had service turned on by another company!!!

Joshua H

September 22nd, 2020 Williamsburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cox as a TV service is pretty good. No issues and the guide/menu feels new and well thought out. Cox as an internet provider is not so good. They cap their internet download and provide sub-standard upload speed when everyone else is higher. Would definitely love an alternative, but they have a monopoly where I live.

Jose Castillo

September 17th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had them for 2 years. I don’t like that they require you to pay a termination fee of you have more than 1 service and you want to take one off.

Tricia W.

September 14th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had some issues with not getting the download speeds that we were paying for. However, with a call to customer service, they sent a technician out to diagnose the problem. Customer service was helpful, however a little frustrating that the these issues weren't identified before having to call.

Imdone

September 10th, 2020 Tulsa, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give zero stars, I would. I'm extremely disappointed with Cox, if you're considering opting for their phone service, DON'T do it! You'll regret it when you realize they didn't include taxes, surcharges and fees in their quote. You'll also regret it if you have to end your phone service and you have any other service with them. They'll quote you ridiculous prices on your other services just so you can't end their overpriced home phone service. Get cell phones instead, you can get better rates and won't have to worry about not being able to use your phone when the internet is down, which I will add has been happening so much more often now.

Sherri Love

September 1st, 2020 Chandler, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Never had any interruptions as a customer, but they are extremely expensive. We don't use them anymore because of the expense.

Kathleen Benn

August 20th, 2020 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm always impressed by their customer service. They listen to any concerns, and are happy to provide the best solutions, and clearly explain what they'll be doing.

Fairleigh Moore

August 20th, 2020 La Mesa, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have found Cox Communications to be over priced with poor customer service. Their contracts are burdensome and basically a financial trap.

Will A

August 16th, 2020 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not entirely happy with COX Cable. They charge an initial low cost for service only the jack up the price and refuse to give you a discount after the year is up. I ended up canceling the cable because it was too high. Cox needs to focus more on retaining customers and their subscriptions rather than trying to get new customers.

Cherelle Daw

August 13th, 2020 Newport News, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is one of the only isp and cable providers in my area. The customer service is horrendous. The service reliability is horrendous. They are very disorganized, however, the price is the most competitive. Use with caution.

Anjali

August 11th, 2020 Incline Village, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

overall cox is a good company, but occasionally we have issues with out cable box and we end up having to erase the box and replace it, but other than that they are a good company.

Butch Payton

August 9th, 2020 Tulsa, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cox needs to have more affordable pricing for Senior citizens on fixed incomes, or have packages that have more of the wanted channels and not thrown in with a lot of junk channels!

Jerry Gonzalez

August 7th, 2020 Imperial, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy peasy. I called to connect service. The price was great. The installation availability was fast.

L O

July 31st, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Positive customer service whenever we need to talk to them. Consistent rates and internet service

Mel B

July 30th, 2020 Aliso Viejo, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cox Cable is over priced and takes advantage of its loyal customers by increasing the plan pricing consistently when the plan is up for renewal, the positive is they have good internet service and good customer service

Amanda Malega

July 29th, 2020 Oklahoma City, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I currently have cox as my tv and internet service provider. We were having so many problems with our service and technicians would come out and blame this or that. We were calling multiple times per week but our issues were never fixed. Finally the manager agreed to come look after tellingmy husband was a liar and his technicians never said or did what I was telling him. He replaced every wire and cable outlet inside and outside the house. As he was walking through my house the hammer on his belt caught the edge of my fish tank and chipped it. I noticed it late that night and called the next morning to report it. They sent our complaint to the claims center and we sent in pictures of our tank from before and after and said we would hear from someone within 48 hours. After 72 hours had passed I called to find out what was going on and they had no record of the complaint. They made a new complaint and said I would hear from someone in 48 hours and almost a week later I had to call again. After jumping through hoops they sent the claim to the manager who came out to our house to fix all the issues and he again accused us of being liars and denied our claim. Unfortunately because I had a horrible experience with AT&T I have no other choice for services in my area I have to stay with cox so my son can have internet for school.

John Mueller

July 29th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not dependable. Our 2.4 G and our 5 G go on and off at will. We call and complain and they promise the sky but the results speak for themselves.

Amanda Walker

July 23rd, 2020 Arlington Heights, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the variety of packages and selections they provide. They are also very affordable.

Lee

July 17th, 2020 Broken Arrow, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cox Cable it is way overpriced each time you call you end up taking one add-on off but it still doesn't change your bill a fee or some other service goes up it's not a stabilized bill.

Tracey

July 16th, 2020 Oklahoma City, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No problems. Had a few issues trying to get a modem but that was because of covid.

Zapata

July 13th, 2020 Clute, TX

Good service great programming has my favorite channels available fast installation

Kirk

July 1st, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very nice customer service always I would recommend cox to anyone who needs value for money

K1louie

June 19th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer for decades, started at $19.00 per month, now $355.00 if someone give me a better deal I’ll jump ship

ben boushehri

June 18th, 2020 Palos Verdes Estates, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

fast service , good reception ,we are more happy than when we had Verizon or Spectrom and is even chipper than other 2 company

cohenmichael3214

June 11th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good service, and great programing but" extremely over priced" and movies are a better deal on Netflex. The Tv service keeps going up. They will give you a discount than after 2 billings raise you again. I have been a customer for 26 years.

grecia pedroza

June 5th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are an amazing company they are always willing to help me out with my payment as well as amazing customer service.

Francine Laurila

June 1st, 2020 Van Buren, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cox has been the most reliable company of all the companies I have tried. Any time I need a reliable service I can count on Cox.

Billie Hanson

May 20th, 2020 Paradise Valley, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awful customer service. Rude and unresponsive. We will never use Cox again unless they make a complete 180!

Cyndee LaFontaine

May 18th, 2020 Sun City, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can’t really say what is good! The service is always is having a problem and has to be reset

Jane M

May 18th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

With the bundle you save! I have been a customer for over 30 years and started out when cable boxes only had the channel select option, now they are mini computers! Love this and won't be changing anytime soon!

Geenahgirl

May 16th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was easy peasy lemon squeezy! I called and a Cox Cable Technician showed up at my house right on schedule. The technician was polite, knowledgeable and was personable. He set up within 20 minutes and BAM! I had internet set up just like that! I haven't had a need to call customer service since then so I'm pleased with the service. Thanks!