Comcast Xfinity TV Logo

Comcast Xfinity TV

8.9

Lydia Matabi Wilson Bonita Springs, FL

I called customer service today after noticing my favorite channel was missing! Not only was she combatant until I reminded her it was me who called here are her exact words " your channel was part of a periodic removal communicated in the local TV, news papers and online" Was taken over by Time Warner but you're more than welcome to pay an extra $9.99 to have it added. I excused myself and said goodbye. You got to be kidding me, I have auto pay why couldn't they incluse a note in my email box as many bogus emails I receive daily from Xfinity you'd think that would be included. I hope this helps anypne else buyer be ware! Disappointed Consumer Fla

NJ Paterson Whiting, NJ

When the TV provider suddenly canceled on my 98 yr old father's development, they contracted with Xfinity/Comcast which added an additional $30 to his HOA for the Limited & Extended Basic packages. When I recently tuned to Turner Classic Movie channel (on of my father's favorites), I was informed that a subscription was required. Calling cutomer service I was informed that TCM was moved to the Sports Package which was an additonal $9.95 and did I want it? So that makes sense to put a movie channel into a Sports Package? What's next; Hallmark Movies? They just keep trying to squeeze more money from you.

Liz

WAAAAAY too expensive for what you get! But all the extra $$$$ one pays are not to support all the worthy employees who are earning an honest wage. Instead, the extraordinarily high price goes to line the pockets of quite a number of CEOs in the company headquarters with the likes of $35,000,000 a year! It's vile! But that aside, I can't stand their On Demand feature. Very sub par when one is used to Netflix and Amazon Prime, and how nicely both save exactly where you left off whatever show or movie you were viewing. With On Demand, they try to do that and some days it works, but often time, not. But what's really annoying is that when you want to rewind and see part of the show again, you cannot fast forward through the commercials, even though you just watched them!

Melissa R Houston, TX

The corporate office was so professional and provided a resolution to my problem that the regular customer service could not. I highly recommend them they were amazing. Thank you!

DeLaine Seigel Blaine, WA

I live in an area with limited internet providers. I am a senior citizen with a limited income. Xfinity/Comcast was my only option. I couldn’t afford cable tv so I just got internet service. 1024 GB per month. The first two months they give you courtesy overage if you go over the 1024, which I did not. I was thinking this will work just fine, then the third month I am already showing that I only have 180GB left for the next ten days. I’m not doing anything different than I did before. So unless I turn off the tv till the end of the month I will be charged at least $10.00 more for my internet. I spoke with customer service, they were no help they just tried to sign me up for a new promotional gimmick. Have a year long contract with Comcast so I guess I’m stuck.........

Douglas Kieffer Jacksonville, FL

Very pleased with xfinity except for customer service. Problem with TV, called, agent barely spoke English, couldn't understand why I was calling. Worst customer service I have ever had from any company. Finally asked for someone else to help me, she said supervisor was on the phone and they would call. Of course they didn't. Terrible, cant wait to switch providers.

Mark Groveland, MA

I would leave no stars but when the Service is good I like it it’s nice to see who is calling on your TV I like being able to access my account online and make phone calls from my home line with my cell phone but the service is always questionable when you call the helpline they are no help at all and it is very expensive in my area I am limited to so many companies and they know that that’s why they are no help or understanding frankly I think they just don’t give a care there one Flaw is they have one cable that provides everything phone Internet and TV so when one goes out they all go out this is frustrating and I would love to switch to somebody elseWhen my service went down for an entire day they said they would gladly give me $10 off my account I would rather have them cancel my service and steer me in the right direction of somebody more reliable I’m not even sure if this review will even be looked at seeing how my service is so bad right now

JP Sonoma, CA

Rude experience last week with an aggressive customer service saying xFinity was doing us by providing streaming, and claiming it was perfectly ok not to be able to access local channels streaming. The stories being told about the services "unavailable in the area", channel being "only accessible with your in home wifi"or even the contractually "unauthorized channel" for streaming when these public channels are accessible every other way possible are a load of BS to cover up their inabilty to provide the basic streaming every one else has. Even PBS cannot be watched... Clearly unacceptable. We will cancel this service asap. A lot of $$ for nothing much.

Sabrina Dale Clermont, GA

I received a flyer in the mail for $35 each internet and tv, plus taxes and fees. When I called in to ask about service, the man talked so fast and a heavy accent that I could barely understand what he was saying. So, I was under the impression that I was getting that deal. He mentioned a security system, which I didn't agree to. My service was scheduled. When they came to install the new service, the Tech thought that I only had 1 TV, nope I have 3! So another $13 on my bill. Then another tech starts installing a security system, which I was told was included. When I got my bill 17 days later, $195.93!!!!! Beware!!! They DO NOT DISCLOSE THINGS UPFRONT!!

Mary Brazzle Fort Oglethorpe, GA

I hate the fact that some things I want to watch on my GO app says “ IN HOME ONLY” if I was at home why in the world would I want to watch it on an app instead of my tv??? Dumbest thing I’ve ever seen ever. I pay way too much money for this service and have been saying it for years and this puts adds a double layer to the cake. We’ve been searching for months for a different service. I’m hoping my city starts giving us more options if not then we would rather do without cause this hasn’t been the best and the cost is absolutely ridiculous! I HATE the fact they LIE to you about it being a 159 or whatever plan u pick to get you to sign a contract for two years at that price but then fail to mention the xtra 50$ or more fees EVERY MONTH to RENT their equipment . Which is insane. I’m so over this service and it just gets more expensive every year and more ridiculous and unreliable. I wish we had an alternative besides satellite where we live. As much bad stuff I’ve heard about satellite I’m bout to try it out and hopefully it’ll be better than this and I know a lot less expensive

Frankie Vancouver, WA

As we all know Comcast like many other companies record their calls to cover themselves. I recieved a huge! discrepancy in my cable/internet bill. Comcast loyalty team and supervisors were of little to no help. I was bounced around through phone calls. I was told that there would be an investigation into my phone conversation regarding my plan that was nowhere near the cost that I was being charged. There was never an investigation. I was given lip service. There is a double standard within Comcast. I don't recommend them. There are many internet/ cable plans outside of Comcast that are wonderful. Be leery with your choices.

William Akers Atlanta, GA

Poor service regarding the cable reception. Channels often scramble. Resetting the cable decode box doesn’t resolve the issue. Along with another problem, I called in for technical support for a second or third time. The agent told me he could tell my signal strength was weak, so he suggested they needed to make a service call as possibly the connector was or equipment was faulty. So I agreed. The call was made and the tech resolved the issue without equipment replacement or wiring repairs. Then when I received my bill I was charged $60 for a service call for which I was not told I would be charged. The service call was volunteered by technical support. Nothing was disclosed to me about there being a charge. He said I wasn’t getting a proper signal and hey needed to check it out. Xfinity Comcast has now refused twice to reimburse the fee. I have been with them for eleven months and will not renew my contract. I advised two agents that I am ending my service to go elsewhere since they won’t assist and Comcast doesn’t care. It is willing to lose a customer over a misrepresented $60 service fee.

Emily Galloway Indianapolis, IN

My three roommates and I pay for the fastest internet you can get in a household (1 GB and unlimited data). We live on the east side of Indianapolis and our internet is constantly going out for no apparent reason. We have called customer support multiple times to help us with these issues and every time we speak with someone they say that they will send out a technician to look at it and fix our issues but there is a chance we may be charged for the technician visit. We are very upset at the fact that we pay over 100 dollars every month and then they still say we could be charged for the technician visit. Overall, we are happy with the speed but it is constantly going in and out and nobody wants to do their job to fix it.

Cassandra Nicole Anderson Sarasota, FL

Deer Xfinity I was a valued customer once then I moved and I bought a home and Bradenton. I enjoyed my Xfinity Service. Until I moved to said Bradenton where Xfinity does not offer their services. I think if you are valued Xfinity customer the service should be able to follow you no matter where you move. But now I am forced to go to Spectrum I am not happy.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I had Comcast xfinity TV in the past and enjoyed having it. The main reason I went with Comcast TV at this time was to get the Pac 12 network. However, I moved addresses and Comcast xfinity tv is unserviceable in the area that I moved to, so I had to go with another provider.

Justin Vance Lehi, UT

They provide a decent product but still too pricey. I just wanted the internet, but they want to price it in a bundle which adds cost. The TV service in my low end package was not digital while my roof antenna is. I refused to watch their analog tv signal. So once again the model forces me to pay for more than I want.

Olga

While Xfinity is a quality cable company, I am unhappy that they charge me exorbitant fees for over a hundred channels; yet I watch only about two channels consistently. Every year they sneak in extra charges to bring the fees higher. I have expressed to them my disappointment but they have a shrug of the shoulders attitude. I do not watch sports channels, yet I must pay for them. I'm always on the lookout for something within my budget and my viewing habits. I watch public television almost exclusively.

BRIDGET HANEY Tomball, TX

I called to move my service.However I said I did not want to pick a date I would just bring in the Modem in a month when my contract expired. I set up my move address so I could get my final bill. Sense I was still paying for my last month of internet service slightly longer than I would be staying in my apt. It still got shut off while I was still paying, I still had a good month and a half of service that I would be charged for. (This is 1 1/2 week later)I called to reactive my account, so i would have internet the last 2 weeks before I move cause I'm still paying for the last month of service anyway. Was on the phone holding for the activation process for 55 min. Turns out it was never activated and never started working. What was happening those 55 min? I always had good history with xfinity- Comcast but will not be continuing with this company again. 2/20/218 Spring,TX

Clint Memphis, TN

Comcast Xfinity service offers a lot of great options. Strong wifi, plenty of cable channel options, awesome apps. All of this would be wonderful if the service ACTUALLY WORKED on a consistent basis. During my first two years as a Comcast customer, I had 16 different techs come into my home for service. SIXTEEN. I've had so much equipment replaced that I'm sure I've run the gauntlet of all they have to offer. That's not to mention all of the random outages that seem to occur in my area, 22 I counted total in 2017, 3 so far as of Feb. 2018. The prices are ridiculous, but if I want a cable/phone/internet bundle then I'm stuck; Comcast is the only other cable service offered in my neighborhood, and I have so many trees that I can't get a line of sight for satellite. Let me just say this: I have Comcast's customer service phone number saved in my phone, just because I've had to call them so many times. At my previous address, where U-Verse was supported, I never had to call...well, just once, when I moved and had to cancel. Now I want to call and tell them I'm sorry I left.

Kory Staheli

For the most part we have liked having Comcast as our cable TV provider. They have a good variety of channels and I like that we can bundle it with our Internet. Their on demand service is a nice feature but I don't like that it can often take up to a week for shows to be available.

Christopher Haueter Salt Lake City, UT

I've never had to be the one paying for Satellite TV but beside the cost of it, Xfinity has been my favorite one. It's easy to use, has all the channels I want and has great apps. IF I ever get satellite TV when I own a home, I'll go with Xfinity.

Sharon Burnsville, MN

I don't know where they get the pricing info. Mine has never been that low. 99.00/mth for triple play is not what I started at and what I pay now is almost double that. It is the only option I have and I have medical issues which keep me home bound. I need different channels, internet and home phone. It is very hard on my budget. I have called to try to reduce services but the reduction ends up being more than the bundle. I barely use the pay channels but the cost is less with them than without. I hate the increases. There will come a time when I will have to give it up. I do have more than one television because I have a teenager in the house. The "improvements" are not that noticeable and repairs tend to involve new equipment and an upgrade...

Linda Hopson Most Ellington, CT

comcast , has been very good for us the service reps are very helpful and pleasant I have phone , Internet and TV My one wish is their prices were not so high when my husband retiers we will have change Just won't be able to afford them really can't now it's to bad they should have a senors discount

Jason S. North Aurora, IL

Comcastt Xfinity was awesome in my area... Until they switched to the X1 platform. Since switching to the X1 platform, live TV breaks up several times a day. At least once per week, either the guide or live TV freezes up and the box has to be restarted. The guide is very glitchy, and sometimes takes 10-30 seconds to respond to clicks of the remote. But, when working ok, the picture is great. Internet sometimes completely dies and the modem needs to be reset, although when working, Internet speeds are really good.Like others have stated, when watching TV on a TV not hooked up to the main box, you cannot pause, rewind or fast-forward live TV. Also, the boxes do not turn off when hitting the power button on the remote. We were told that the feature would be available soon... That was well over a year ago. They are quick to send a tech out or give a credit when issues arrive... Which is often. I think if they had tested X1 more thoroughly before implementation, they would have a great system. But, like most companies, they were in too much of a rush to get the "next big thing" out to market. If it weren't for the fact that AT&T is the only other cable provider in my area, and we had already switched from them to Comcast (because of poor service), I think we would switch to another provider.

Dave DeMartine Longmont, CO

Internet Speed choice - Excellent Service - Excellent Website to find packages for current customer lacking Data usage allowed - Awesome Service being up both TV and Internet - 99.9 % Lan phone - Excellent Cost for upper packages high like top internet speed and lots of channels !!! Hardware - Very good

P. Turk Ashland, VA

I've had great customer service the last 6-7 years. I wish they'd stop the Creeping Increases via 'less product for the same price' like they did with the TV channels...slowly scrambling a few here and there and finally ALL Channels are scrambled requiring a 'decoder box' for even LOCAL Channels....So...Rabbit ears baby. For the last year or so, my bill just has gone up a couple bucks every 3-4 months....I use the Internet only. I 'wish' there were INTERNET ONLY options that was FASTER than...'Basic'...pay a LITTLE More for Each step Faster.

Barbara Stuckey Katy, TX

Very high prices for only basic and basic plus cable service is bad. And, it is constant problems. Latest problem is that the DVR decides to reboot in the middle of watching a program, losing part of anything being recorded plus it takes about 10 minutes to reboot, and the entire guide is gone which takes about 24 hours to get back. Plus sometimes the fast forward images are "garbage" so you cannot tell when the actual program comes back on. Sound does not stay in sync with the program so I have to pause the program and let the sound catch up to the picture. We have not added computer, security, or phone because we do not want phone, security, or Internet service that is undependable like we experience on the TV.

Roger D Lauzon Fall River, MA

we have had comcast for over 10 yrs, they have been very attentive to our needs we love them they are always prompt when we schedule an appt. and they are always vere professional in thjeir work roger and marianne l.

darren urbina Fresno, CA

they have been good to me came helped me with tv hook up they help me at costomer service I have no problems with them sent a the tech man out to my house I am happy with them good service

James Riggio Sr. Philadelphia, PA

I do like Comcast and for the most poart have nothing bad to say....but, switching over to the X1playform and paying for all the extra channels, I now pay more for less. HBO and Starz both have 3D content with their paid subscription but on the X1 playform they have not figured out how to bring the 3D content in there so I lost all that. Maybe a class action law suit would allow Comcast to speed up and figure out how to give me back what they took from me?

JohnB Walnut Creek, CA

1- Their speed varies widely and what they market and get you for, usually is not what they deliver! Check it for yourself and you see what I mean! 2- They are master in jacking up the price. They cut down on your service and make you buy additional products from them, for additional cost of course! 3- They are master of Hidden costs! Never give your credit card number or make automated payment. They charge you anything they want! Do not trust them! 4- Their customer service is non-existing! They outsource it to who knows where. They are able to give you run a round for hours! The automated system is a disaster. If cannot get your stuff done in the first 10 min, let go! Value your time. Disconnect it and then let them come after you! 5- They are very good in not returning the rest of your money when you terminate them! Be very careful!

tom Auburn, WA

every time I walk into Walmart I get hit with the Xfinity team wanting to sign me up. They tell me i can have it all for $60.00 less then what I am paying now, plus the security pkg. I tell them what I have and how much I pay and they say I am paying to much for to little. Then I tell them I have been with Comcast almost 10 years.. they tell me they can only help with an upgrade but since I have it all...... .I called Comcast to try to negotiate a pkg and they tell me for $70.00 more per month, some of the stuff I already have "would be free" and would get a dvr? 10 years I have 1 digital box, no DVR, no HBO, no SHOTIME, no CINAMAX, no sport pkg.,all for just under $200 a month. If I told my loyal long time customers who spend thousands a year with me I was charging them more then people that have never spent a dime with me because they are "new customers" how long would they stay with me.

Greg Elkhart, IN

I have always had pretty good service. The changes that are being made are small but I notice them. I had a great package at one time, after talking to a customer rep I came away with a lot less service and hardly any savings. I tried to get domestic help but could not. I think a supervisor was hitting a signal in the phone to get the lady to hurry up and get on to the next customer. This post just ran out of room. Comcast you suck !

Gloria Green Hanford, CA

For the most part I'm happy with my service except for when I'm attempting to get help. Phoning in problems should be easier for customers. When I eventually have gotten a recording I have given my contact ph # and it is not recognized whereas any other time it is accepted. I will also give my account # off my bill and the recording has again told me they can't bring up my account. After being on the line for a long time I was told to call later that they can't help me. I phoned back 4 times and every time the same thing happened. Please straighten yourselves out

Patricia Widmoyer Colorado Springs, CO

We have the "everything" package and love all the viewing options. Glitches occur infrequently and help is always a 24/7 phone call away. We've found the customer service to be very, very good. I'd hate to lose Comcast. We've had it for, I think, 11 years, in Denver and Colorado Sprigs. We now have Xfinity X1 and really like it!

Stanley Smith Wildwood, NJ

I pay over $200 per month to Comcast, that's more than my electric and gas combined ! I have tv, internet, and land line phone.(the phone is free with internet) I do NOT get premium tv,(ie HBO) I do not pay Comcast to rent on demand movies. I do not pat for their "faster" internet . I have to pay to rent their cable box, their modem, and their remotes. that seems kind of dumb, as you cant use the services provided without those items. and you cant change channels on the rented box, without the rented remote. if I keep Comcast for many years, I will be paying thousands of bucks in rent. AND I get several mailings weekly, advertising how I can pay MORE getting faster internet, X1 (whatever that is, AND a security system .....why, so I can pay to protect their equipment ? I'M WISHING VERIZON WOULD COME INTO MY NEIGHBORHOOD ! .........thanks !

Francis Bell Philadelphia, PA

I am very happy with Comcast. Sure a couple times I was on hold for a long time, and a billing problem needed to be fixed but nobody is perfect. I have been a Comcast customer since 1988 and I will continue. Not perfect but extremely good in my mind.

RAR Naples, FL

We have been customers of Comcast for 19 years. Over the years they have improved their dependability in delivered services. However their prices are becoming way too high, and because of that we are investigating other more reasonably priced TV and Internet alternatives.

Jackiemcq Bristol, CT

Comcast is an OK provider of content. But with so many streaming services available, they need to get with the program and offer a-la-cart programing. Their offering are still "packaged" so in order to get access to the few channels I really WANT, I have to pay for many I will never watch. Their directory tree for service is too long. Overall, they are way too expensive, which makes cord cutting mighty attractive.

Aaron Cooper Houston, TX

Reliable service and easy to use functionality. Monthly subscription charges are high

Jerry lc Sacramento, CA

I love comcast internet, wish they had better plans for loyal customers, seems like if you need to have a lower bill you must finish your contract and then get a new one. if they had a good plan when your contract expire, things would be easier, anyhow, place is the only thing is a bit to high . now days tv is not a luxury as it was and most people use internet for many things.

Steve Ashby , AZ

I've been using Xfinity on and off for many years. They really picked it up in the early 2010s with lots of movies and great channel offerings. Pricing was even pretty reasonable. The last few years have gotten more frustrating as they have started pushing a lot of their content through "apps". Some like Netflix and Prime are closely tied to their system and others you have to set up. The frustrating part is they have moved a lot of their content to these apps and you have to pay for the services, and it adds up! Prices have not come down to reflect their dependence on this move of content. I'm not sure how much longer until I cut the cable...

Shay Che' Stone Mountain, GA

I have Comcast/Xfinity for my internet service only. I had them for cable in the past but after the promo, the cost was too high so I moved to DirecTV in 2007. From an Internet standpoint, no complaints. Many of my neighbors experienced outages in the past, but since establishing service, I haven't experienced many outages. When it does go out, it comes right back on. The price is a value for the tier I have.

Francis Soyer Issaquah, WA

We all know that cable tv/internet availability is a necessary evil. I’ve never been a big fan of Comcast until this year when COVID 19 left the country fairly incapacitated. We have been quite fortunate that our internet service has been so reliable while we work from home. Their are a few blips every now and again but a quick reset almost always seems to do the trick! Most of us in business know that the key to success is consistency.

David Barus Port Charlotte, FL

Speed of equipment delivery. On site, the technician capability was expert and he resolved all issues in short order. Was sometimes hard to understand the telephone operator communication. Cost of service is low compared to northern states. We're happy customers.

Ian F. Hattiesburg, MS

I've used Comcast/Xfinity for the better part of four years for my cable/phone/internet, and so far I've been satisfied. They always have decent special packages for premium networks, and the internet service has been 99.99% consistently good. I'm always glad to know that the area I move to next also has Comcast Xfinity. The remote control is also very innovative which helps when trying to find a show that the whole family can enjoy, quickly.

Steve Jones Riverton, UT

I highly recommend xfinity! We use them for internet, TV and voice, and they have been amazing since we switched providers. There is less dropped calls, they provide great customer service, and a reliable bill that isn't constantly fluctuating.

Kassandra Tallahassee, FL

I love Comcast! I have been business with Comcast for years! I get all the channels and Comcast on Demand allows me to catch up on shows that I miss. Not to mention it is the least expensive television company I have encountered.

Michele Gardner American Fork, UT

We recently had a problem with our main TV box. We called and the service reps tried to fix it remotely but to no avail. They sent someone out and tried to fix it but when it couldn't be fixed, they simply replaced it. They were all very helpful and pleasant to work with.

Ted Johnson Pleasant Grove, UT

Comcast Xfinity TV is easy to use. I like that it is month to month with no long contracts that tie you down. I am able to stream, or watch throughout the home and on the road. Also, I like their mobile app and ability to do everything with my phone.