Keller Williams Realty is a global real estate franchise company. They are the only privately held real estate brokerage firm in North America. It started out as a source for local residential real estate and now is an international company selling both residential and commercial property.

#1 Homes.com chevron_right
2.4
#2 RE/MAX chevron_right
2.5

The Good

• International
  • States
  • Agents
  • Offices
  • Real estate options
  • Filtering options
  • License
  • Specialties
  • Experience
International

Keller Williams is one of the few real estate groups that have locations outside the United States. They have offices in 15 countries on several continents. These are: North America, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Central America, South America, the Middle East and most recently, in the country of Panama.

States

Keller Williams Realty offers listings in 50/51 states and throughout Canada. The Keller Williams website offers a search tool to help users find an office near them.

Agents

In 2014, KW became the largest real estate franchise (by number of agents) in North America. Today they have more than 130,000 agents in the United States.

Offices

Today, the company has more than 770 offices internationally under their international franchise organization, Keller Williams Worldwide, Ltd. This makes it unique, since many real estate companies are restricted to the U.S. This allows you to connect with local KW agents in another country to help you find a home or property.

Real Estate Options

If you're buying or selling a home, Keller Williams has the following tools for you:

• Mobile apps (iOS and Android)
  • Market insights
  • Mortgage information

They also offer tools to help homebuyers and sellers understand the process:

• Community information - each listed property has a map showing nearby schools, places of worship, etc.
  • Market insights and Real Estate advice - various articles on buying, selling, and managing real estate are available to read.
  • Citibank-sponsored mortgage center - including a mortgage calculator and links to Citibank services.
Filtering Options

KW offers 11 filtering search options for finding a home. You can search City, State or Zip Code. Or you can search properties For Sale, For Rent or Foreclosures. You can also narrow it further with price, beds, baths, property type and square feet. This is a good amount of search filters to find what you want; however, you don't get the more detailed information about the surrounding community that some realtor sites offer in their filters.

License

Keller Williams requires all of their agents to have a real estate license. While some agencies offer real estate agents, realtor and real estate brokers to choose from, KW offers real estate agents only. You do get a choice of agent by specialty and language spoken. This is good if English is not your first language and if you need an agent with expertise in a certain specialty, i.e. commercial real estate.

Specialties

Keller Williams offers buying and selling services in these specialties:

• Residential: Buying or selling your existing Home, Apartment or Luxury Home
  • Farm and Ranch: a rural land division of Keller Williams Realty with a nationwide network of land brokers specializing in agricultural land, timber land, ranch land, recreational land, equestrian estates, land development, hunting land, etc.
  • Commercial: Buying or Leasing office space, retail space, Land, Industrial, Hospitality or Multi-family properties

No matter the property type or service, Keller's agents are specialists to meet customer's business needs. They have a separate website for their luxury homes called "Luxury Homes International." They also have special pages for their commercial business and farm /ranch properties. Their mortgages are often offered through Citi - they even link out the current rates on both their luxury site and their main site.

Experience

Gary Keller and Joe Williams founded Keller Williams in 1983 in Austin, Texas. For over 30 years, they've been expanding all over the globe with agents specializing in various areas of real estate services.

The Bad

• Commission/selling cost
Commission/Selling Cost

Commission rates at Keller Williams are, as most real estate agencies do, only disclosed with clients. You don't have to engage further if the amount does not suit your needs.

The Bottom Line

Keller Williams is a great starting place for any real estate transaction. The trusted global brand deserves a try if you're looking for a residential home or commercial property. If you are looking for a luxury home in the U.S. or internationally, we recommend checking out their luxury home listings. If you need agents who speak multiple languages or are seeking properties internationally, this is a good option for you. You may find with you're looking for with KW, but if you want more options, we suggest browsing with another company.

2.1

Ward
December 4th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

Our experience with KW Partners was nothing short of amazing, especially with our realtor Michelle C! Michelle always made herself available, as we were out of state while selling our home. She is very thorough, friendly, professional and went above and beyond to make our first time buying and selling as stress-free as possible. Michelle will always be our go-to!

Celine and Pierre
November 20th, 2019

Spectacular service with KW realty, specifically Team Calhoun. Honest and professional service from an amazing team. Our asking was high, with reason, and they stood by our wishes. They worked very hard and we where able to sell for a fair price in three weeks. Would highly recommend without hesitation.

Juan & Pat
November 19th, 2019 Grantville, GA

KW does not work for the buyers. Beware! They work for the sellers and during the process they will try to have you sign disclosure statements that favor the seller. The agent we had had no clue about the history of the house we were interested and cancelled two scheduled showings at the last minute. Agent also failed to show up at the closing and failed to show up for pre-closing walk on of the house we wanted to buy. We made other arrangements to have another KW's agent attend. Not recommend, at all.

Pauline D
November 13th, 2019 Lake Worth, FL

I purchased a property from a Keller Williams seller only to find out that the roof was damaged and the seller and or agent failed to disclose that important detail to me. After 2 weeks of moving in the roof and window started leaking and last night the ceiling collapsed with my young minor child in the room luckily the newborn baby wasn’t in the room. I’m terrified of staying in this home that I paid $292k because there’s no telling if and when another section of the ceiling is going to cave in. My agent reached out to the sellers agent Hadar G and she and her client don’t think that they should fix the roof. I’m a single mother with two kids and I tried to do something good for my children by purchasing my first home only for it to be a nightmare.

Shannon
October 29th, 2019 Laurelton, NJ

So disappointed with our experience and our realtor. Only saw her once when she signed us. She never completed an open house , no communication and then before we closed she moved to Buffalo NY. Don't use KW if you expect to have a responsible and efficient agent. We were located. In Ocean County N.J. and as of now still don’t have our proceeds from the sale. Only time we spoke to our realtor was when she called looking for her money.

rose
October 25th, 2019 DETAILS

WOW well I think all the bad reviews speak of a well disorganized company with dishonest people and ethics. The guy I had was supposed to work at a rental property management company. I thought he just did that until I read his name on listings with the Keller Williams under his name, something shady there?? Every email between me and his boss after his lack of integrity, had him listed on the CC line. The Tampa Bay property expert company has no scruples or ethics and are dishonest as is he, just about criminal

Larry Wleczyk
October 21st, 2019 Green Bay, WI DETAILS

The agent we had was very unprofessional and not a good people person. We called on realtor.com and got this agent because he was the one who showed us the house. It was fine until after we negotiated an accepted offer. Trying to keep this short. There were also associations fees that were supposedly paid. Until 2020 in our contract, at closing it showed us owing and having the fees pro rated. We got that corrected. Also we were asked to change our closing date by a month to accommodate not the people we were buying from but the people they were buying from. I declined because it wouldnt work for our schedule and I didnt want to chance winter coming early. He persisted and offered to have us get paid a meaningless amount of money to wait like a renters fee from the house we bought. Made us feel like we were being unreasonable when money was not an issue but it would not have worked for us. There were things listed in the MLS that were to be included in the sale of the house. Final walk thru I noticed it was gone. The value was quite high on this type of thing and he wanted to know if it was really important I said yes. It was something I could resell for possibly $1000 . He said there was a mistake made when they wrote it up. Really? Someone just added that. The agent also doesn't know the business very well . We had a question come up with some of the previous stuff and he said he was late getting back to us because the title companies were closed. It wasnt a big deal but when meeting with our agent for selling our house they said the title companies were not. Closed that day. It did not make a difference to me other than I felt he lied to us. We asked for a final walk thru and he set up a time and the people were still packing. We did not want to bother them and I wanted the final walk thru after they were gone and done to see if any damage occurred during moving. We asked to stop back in the morning. Our agent was there and very rude not saying anything acting like we were interrupting him from something else . When we met at the closing I asked if he had lied about the title companies being closed. He instantly got defensive and walked out... yes left. The title company person came in and was very good. She wasnt told we were there waiting so she popped her head in and asked who we were. Some of the questions were not resolved and our agent was in the back... pouting? I must give Keller William's agency credit ... they were able to settle the conflicts. And paid us for the equipment that was removed from the house and had our agent give us a payment... I believe he was told to come and give us the check. He commented that basically the equipment was old and not in good condition and could be bought for half of what I said. Not true ...again . I explained to him that trust is of utmost importance to me when dealing with someone and honesty is a big part. I said I gave him a chance to explain himself but he walked out. I said no hard feelings and went to shake his hand and he just turned and walked out. Keller William's may be a very fair legitimate company but because of this agent I would never deal with them again. When you buy a house and make a huge investment you would like to feel good and happy about it. Not the case here. Not even close. We are dealing with another broker on selling our house very detail oriented, and great communication. Old school. We could have gotten Keller William's for 1% less commission but we kept with who we felt more comfortable with. We are glad we did. After this experience I wouldnt deal with them for free. Again this is my experience with one of their agents doesn't mean the company itself is bad

Michael
October 15th, 2019 Beverly Hills, CA

Peter O of Keller Williams Los Angeles continued to make racist and sexist comments over our multiple interactions. He’d make jokes and at first I thought he was kidding but he kept saying things to the point where my wife and I felt very uncomfortable and even asked him to stop... .The last straw was when he took us out and got falling down drunk before making a pass at my wife. Who does that?? He is lewd, crewd, and lacks ethics.

John C Peters
October 11th, 2019 Alpharetta, GA DETAILS

Worse lending of a lifetime Mark R team in Ohio are the absolute worst incompetent. 102 emails 100's of dollars in expense faxed dounle and triplicate documents closing statements wrong 3 times they tried to blame everyone except their incompetent selves. Plus Keller Williams takes the ho-hum approach. Neve ever recommend these people just beware

Denise Pollina
September 17th, 2019 Freehold, NJ

My experience was the worst ever!!! Its all about money for Keller Williams. My agent was the worst. She did nothing to promote my home. She also embarrassed herself on social media!!! It was the worst experience I've ever had with selling a home. Also its not my first time in selling either.

Ovella Freeman
September 17th, 2019 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS

Very efficient and caring realtor that has your best interest at heart. I will always be grateful and thankful.

Susan
September 4th, 2019 Dresden Mills, ME DETAILS

Terrible experience. Agent made more stressful than needed to be. Agent claimed to be a duel agent but he was all about the buyer not the seller. Got to closing. Was told everything was ready. No paperwork had been finalized and no money had been transferred. Was supposed to be a seasoned agent. You think he would have known that we were not ready to close. Asked for the document that I signed and was told that I was only entitled to 2 documents.

Pura Usam
September 4th, 2019 Downers Grove, IL

I have a bad experienced with one of your realtor Lourdes F. She don’t have “courtesy “enough to call if she is not coming to show the house. Also, if your reason because of the septic tank. Read the description of the property before you make appt. You are wasting your buyer and sellers time.

George
August 22nd, 2019 Palm Beach Gardens, FL DETAILS

suggest you NEVER use JEFF T at Keller Williams in West Palm Beach...he is pathetic...took 16 days to respond to my last request...never attends showings and didn't even let me know when there was a showing...in a Mon meeting, agreed to an open house on Sat...he didn't post it until late Fri eve, the day before!...caught him in several lies...posted house on several sights, but things like # of bedrooms, sq footage was different/wrong in several sites...just a few of MANY issues...I learned a lesson...just trying to help you avoid the same lesson.

Debra
August 1st, 2019 Medina, NY

Britt H was the MOST ARROGANT self serving man I have EVER met!! Took us to look at houses HE had offers on.. not to mention THE COCK ROACH house with a awful smell.. I REFUSED to go in!! AWFUL experience.. I would NEVER go with this company!!!! Unfortunately we are tied to a three month contract with a realtor at home!!

OldCuban
July 12th, 2019 Hollywood, FL

KW agent representing property owner purposely withheld important information about the property we were making an offer on. The information, which we later obtained, clearly showed that the listing's details were inaccurate and they ( the seller and the agent ) both knew this. Upon confronting the agent about the issues our contractor found with the property, all the would repeat was that she was a leasing expert and would communicate our findings to the seller. Mind you, she had already furnished proof that they knew the property had these same issues we found prior and yet she still wouldn't own up to that fact. We ended up cancelling our offer on the property. So buyer beware, make sure you hire your own inspector/contractor when dealing with KWR properties. This has been our only and last dealing with this company.

lois trader
June 28th, 2019 Loudon, TN DETAILS

Our realtor is Catrina F in East Tennessee. She has been working with my husband and myself for over a year. Her positivity even at times when we lost hope of finding our dream home was overwhelming. I’ve never met a realtor that does so much research, and provide so many homes for us to look at as Catrina has done for us. Catrina is so knowledgeable but without knowledge she presents everything with patience and understanding.

Kerisa
May 31st, 2019

Horrible. I was not, have not and never used their services before. This however does not stop my phone from receiving an onslot of calls about a propperty on Lawson St in Waterford four time zones away from me. Everyone who has contacted me I have told that they have the wrong number. They just have another person call me. Leave me alone!

Vicky Beaton
April 10th, 2019 Sebring, FL

I sold a home in Winter Haven Fl. Thomas J was my realtor. He went above and beyond to help with this process. I highly recommend TJ. He was outstanding.

Bryce Whitlow
March 26th, 2019 Des Moines, IA

I have been receiving a monthly email from them for months now, even though I never signed up for it. They used my parents names on the account, while it was tied to my email (I'm not sure how they even connected the 2). This has happened on 2 emails now. Even unsubscribing from them does nothing, and I still received emails. I would not trust them with a penny because of this shady advertising.

lynn mckittrick
March 20th, 2019 Pass Christian, MS DETAILS

I bought a house from Mary P last year. The worst decision I ever made in my life. I will never forget her saying "When you want to sell it, let me know. I'll be your agent." She really meant in the near future. She gave my key (Medeco/high security locks) to a neighborhood thief. When I confronted him with it, he left it at my mailbox outside. Not only that, all my neighbors were harassing me, stealing from me, calling the cops -- you name it. I now have the house listed with another real estate agent at a $25,000 net loss. DO NOT TRUST HER. I also wanted the property cleaned of the garbage. Never did get done. I had to pay for it out of my own pocket. I also did electrical work that was supposed to be credited to me at closing. Never happened. She also got my side of the commission through paperwork; although her fiduciary duties were far from legal, as noted above.

Phillip Talley
March 19th, 2019 Jacksonville, FL

AGENT GEORGE B To be fair I used this agent to buy the home I’m selling and there were a couple of problems but his supervisor assured me he was young and still learning so I decided to give him a chance. We are due to close in a few days and it has been a terrible experience. We are getting a fair price but not due to our agent. I still haven’t received signed copies of any paperwork. I wasn’t told that I could negotiate terms of the sale contract and as far as I know my agent still hasn’t signed it yet. At our first meeting I asked how much it it was for him to show the house and was told 2.5%. I was not asked if the house could be shared with other agencies and it was. That’s 2.5% more. I was told a photographer was going to take pictures for the internet and didn’t. He simply posted an old listing with different landscaping and no improvements in or out. Before signing the final the agreement to sale I wanted to know the final $$ amount and my agent said only the total company could give that info and I had to sign the paperwork or they wouldn’t do anything. So after a couple of hours he gave me an estimated amount and I signed. He was off by $6000.00 and I said I wasn’t signing at closing. Threatening lawsuits followed and when I said he wasn’t giving up any of his commission he said he worked hard for his money and more lawsuit threats. Between the Northern Florida Association of Lawyers, the buyers agent and internal help from K&W things finally worked out. He never put up a sign. Listed all old information on line and never showed the house and did nothing to resolve the problems. There’s more of course.

Dissappointed
February 7th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

After several unsuccessful multi family unit offers in Georgia realtor Jennifer H H talked me into buying an overpriced condo in Atlanta. She knew going in the condo was overpriced, but did not seem to care. Not only did she not negotiate on my behalf. She didn't even show up to the closing table. She hasn't even followed up with me after the sale and it's been 3 months. Do realtors only want make sales and not build relationships with clients? Maybe I have it all wrong and she only wanted to make a sale. Definitley will not use here for my next purchase in the next few months.

Ashlee J
January 29th, 2019 Charlotte, NC

They have unlicensed real estate agents. Alexis C is not a licensed real estate agent. She does not have any listings and she has never sold a property

The Colony
January 8th, 2019 The Colony, TX

Very bad experience with Keller Williams as a buyer. They don't work for buyers, they totally work for them and sellers. We bought a house where seller was bind by contract to fix the fence, KW realtors did not provide us with receipt of fixing and assured it was fixed by the seller (one of them), the fence blown away within a 2 weeks of closing. they did not care to return our calls, they did not steer us through the process, it was a nightmare experience for us. will discourage all our family and friends to work with Keller Williams.

Dianna Chestnut
December 7th, 2018 Eddington, ME

I had an agent that was rude, egotistical and crass. He didn’t listen to what I wanted with the sale of my home. Even though asked not to, he parked on my neighbors property. He told me that in 35 years no one told him where to park. This has caused problems with my neighbors. I would never recommend Philip C. and did call the Portland, Maine office about his behavior.

Isaac Jackson
November 7th, 2018 Clementon, NJ

My experience with real estate agent Weyman P was a bad experience. He had very little communication skills. He lack experience in his field as an agent. He gave out my lockbox code to his peers without consulting me first. He still owe me for allowing his clients to stay in my property for two weeks. I’ve contacted is manager Mr. Jerry M but he shown no leadership skills. I’ve fired Mr. P and filed a complaint to the board of Burlington Camden County Association of Realtors. I’ve also retained an attorney to recover fees Mr. P clients owe for staying in my property.

Darren Thomas
October 3rd, 2018 Jenks, OK DETAILS

I originally purchased my house through Keller Williams almost 10 years ago. Myself and my wife decided we were going to look for a newer home with some land so I made contact with Keller Williams again. Got a rep called Ebony. Spoke to her briefly about our situation and invited her to our home to meet my wife and help with our questions and give us guidance on the next steps to take. Within 5 minutes of her walking in our house with an attitude she was already pushing us into listing the house even though I had already explained we weren’t quite ready yet. We had a home we wanted to go and look at and after we told her we weren’t ready to list just yet she was walking out the door telling us to meet her at the property we wanted to look at. She didn’t look at our home or give us any helpful information what so ever. I went out to her car and asked her “aren’t you meant to be doing a walk through of our home?” She replied that she wasn’t comfortable but yet could not give me a reason why and just suggested that she push me on to another realtor. Still haven’t heard anything back from anyone at Keller Williams. Myself and my wife were left with a pit in our stomachs. We couldn’t understand why she acted that way and have since gone with a different company altogether. An absolutely horrible experience and to be honest I’m glad as I wouldn’t want someone helping us with such a terrible attitude.

Wanda Seymour
August 3rd, 2018 Grimes, IA DETAILS

Our agent put a SOLD sign on our property for two weeks, we were unaware as we were out of the country. In reality he already knew that the sale had fallen through as the potential buyers we NOT citizens, we were informed four days before closing. We feel that Keller-Williams cost us the sale of our house. How many potential buyers passed by and seen the bogus sign before we removed it ourselves???

Jennifer Hargrave
July 30th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

We used King and Associates with Keller Williams Realty for the sale of our old home in 2013 and the purchase of our new home in 2014. Selling and buying a home is one of the most stressful times in a persons life, but not this time. Our home sold in 3 days and any hiccups that occurred were handled without putting the stress on us. My buyers agent, Mary N, was flexible, understanding and patient during my 6 month venture to find the perfect home. The purchase had many challenges, such as the seller trying to back out and difficulty with the documents. Never did I have to deal with it or overly stress about it, as my agent handled it all. We have been in our new home now for 4 years this month and could not be happier. Not only would I use them again, I recommend them to everyone I know looking to buy or sell.

H Moore
May 31st, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

We sold a house & bought a house with a Keller Williams Realty agent. We appreciate his hard work.

Patty & Steve
May 18th, 2018 Clarksburg, WV

We were working with a realtor who was too busy to give us the time of day. In between his traveling and social visits we couldnt even get a phone call. Needless to say we fired him and just resumed looking on internet. Then we were in Pensacola driving by some homes and stumbled upon another agent who was everything we could have asked for and more. Pam D. with Keller Williams is the best of the best. We live over 1000 miles from Pensacola and she stayed in constant contact by texts, emails and sending homes for us to review. She spent countless hours helping us through multiple failed transactions and she never faltered. She continued this process foralmost 6 months. She drove us around all over Pensacola and showed us area attractions . We closed on our new home yesterday and we know we could not have done it without such a dedicated real estate agent who never gave up on us. Keller Williams and Pam D. are both top notch!! If you need a hard working agent with who is dedicated, prompt, and friendly who knows the real estate market, don't hesitate to call her. You won't be sorry!!

Trent
April 30th, 2018 Provo, UT

They are pretty good. My only complaint is that many KW agents call expired listings and that gets pretty annoying if you are not interested.

Bryan, Regina Shepherd
February 20th, 2018 Macedonia, OH DETAILS

Hello, we are the Shepherds proud home owners our experience with Keller Williams representative Jen S. from Greater Cleveland S W group was wonderful, very professional prompt on arrival time making her self available to answer questions an always explaining the process step by step . Jen utilized various resources with in her network making the process stress free and efficient. We felted very comfortable in taking her professional advice which shows she works for her client, In our opinion Jen S. is a wonderful individual an a premium sale agent in our book. ThankYou , Shepherds

Jeff
October 13th, 2017

We found a few houses on Zillow and Keller Williams contacted us. I talked to the agent, told her our specific wants/needs and the next thing I know she said, "If you are not interested in buying it, then we probably should not see it." My wife and I wanted to see the house and the area where the house was located, but with such an awkward comment we decided this would not be a very good relationship. Why wouldn't the agent say something like, "How about if I show you a few other houses in the area?" or "Let's look at the house, and maybe a few other houses like it?" It was a little disturbing especially when there was follow-up with the regional sales leader stating he would have the agent contact us, which has not happened. Very bizarre and unprofessional.

Dixie Drake
August 7th, 2017 Hesperia, CA

I listed my mobile home with Keller Williams. Big mistake. They took some pictures and posted them on MLS. They were awful. They posted a picture of my steps. They posted a picture of a door that looked like it was on the floor. They posted a side that needed painting. They posted a picture of me. They didn't post any good pictures. I cancelled my listing. I was so angry.