LAST UPDATED: March 24th, 2021
Founded in 1988, Payless Pest Control provides residents of Utah’s Wasatch Front with safe, science-based pest management solutions. The company recently joined forces with Impact Pest Management to cover a wide range of unwanted pests common to the state, and guarantees 100 percent customer satisfaction.
- Integrated Pest Management
- Covered Pests
Integrated Pest Management
Payless Pest Control offers customers what it calls Integrated Pest Management, which is the company’s proprietary approach to pest management as led by an Associate Certified Entomologist:
- Pest inspection and identification — Payless Pest Control begins by thoroughly inspecting the home both inside and out, and identifying the specific pest problem or problems they find.
- Science-based pest treatments — The company’s pest treatment programs are scientifically proven to effectively eradicate pests.
- Stopping pests at their source — Insects and rodents are traced to their home base, then removed to prevent future infestation problems.
- Removal of pest resources — Payless Pest Control also identifies and removes potential food and water sources for pests, as well as treats locations where they typically find shelter.
- Custom home protection — Each home is different, and requires a custom treatment of its perimeter to reduce and eventually eliminate pest activity.
- Proper pest management tools — Payless Pest Control provides active monitoring and follow-up services and technology to ensure that unwanted pests do not gain reentry into the home.
- Peace of Mind Protection Guarantee — If the homeowner for whatever reason is not completely satisfied with Payless Pest Control’s work, the company will provide additional service (free of charge) until the state of the home is to the homeowner’s liking.
Payless Pest Control covers a variety of insects and rodents common to the Wasatch Front:
- Spider control
- Wasps and stinging insects*
- Rodent, rat, and mouse control
- Ant control
- Bed bug treatment and removal
- Termite control
- Mosquito control
*Payless Pest Control advocates for the safe and ethical removal of bee colonies and hives by working with local beekeepers and avoiding the use of harmful pesticides.
- Limited to Pest Control
- Limited Service Area
- No NPMA Accreditation
Limited to Pest Control
Although Payless Pest Control provides comprehensive coverage of a variety of pests, the company appears to limit its services at pest removal; it makes no mention of specialized yard and lawn treatment, wildlife removal, or attic and crawl space treatment.
In fact, the company’s website strongly recommends the homeowner keep his or her attic and crawl spaces clear themselves as a way to prevent unwanted pests from cropping up.
Limited Service Area
Payless Pest Control only serves the following Utah cities:
- Saratoga Springs
- American Fork
- West Jordan
- West Valley
- Salt Lake City
No NPMA Accreditation
Payless Pest Control does not appear to hold any accreditations from the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), which certifies companies based on their professionalism and use of eco-friendly products.
While the lack of these accreditations does not imply poor service quality on the part of the company, they can sometimes make the difference to homeowners comparing multiple pest management providers.
The Bottom Line
Payless Pest Control’s satisfaction guarantee, industry experience, and local expertise are strong positives for the company. Utah homeowners looking for a local company to handle their termite, bed bug, or other insect or rodent problems, are encouraged to read verified Payless Pest Control reviews to determine if this company is right for them.
Was this content helpful?