HomeTeam Pest Defense believes in putting its customers first. The pest control company strives to "deliver a delightful experience every time" and to provide its employees with the support and development to create the best quality pest control experience possible. HomeTeam Pest Defense was established in 1996 with its headquarters in Dallas, Texas. It is currently the third largest residential pest control company in the United States.

Here are some other impressive HomeTeam Pest Defense stats:

• #1 pest management company servicing home builders
  • Performs more than 1 million services each year
  • Over 1,700 employees
  • Over 50 branch locations

In addition to its bi-annual and quarterly service, pest control services, Taexx, the innovative built-in pest control system, the pest control company offers pre-construction services for home builders and traditional pest and termite control services for homeowners.

#1 Aptive Environmental chevron_right
#2 Greenix chevron_right
#3 American Pest chevron_right

The Good

• Taexx System
  • Technicians and Service Professionals
  • Protecting Homes from Rodents, Insects, and Bugs

Taexx System

HomeTeam Pest Defense designed Taexx, which is the original Tubes in the Wall® system that creates a virtual barrier that helps keep unwanted pests out of homes. The Taexx system is a network of tubes that run throughout designated walls of a house to target household pests at the point of entry. Every so often, an experienced technician will distribute pest control materials* through locked service points (located on the outside of the home).

Homebuilders are encouraged to call and partner with HomeTeam Pest Defense to install Taexx. HomeTeam Pest Defense states that homebuilders will attract more clients by offering a unique lifestyle feature that allows convenient pest control.

Depending on a customers location, seasonal changes, and local pests, Taexx is carefully placed based on these factors. HomeTeam Pest uses their pest control expertise and in-depth local knowledge to create an effective and efficient local pest control solutions.

The Taexx Built-In Pest Control System comes with a 100 percent service guarantee**.

Technicians and Service Professionals

HomeTeam Pest Defense's goal is to be a long-term partner in maintaining a secure and comfortable environment for families. The company holds its exterminator team and service professionals to high standards. Customers can expect a HomeTeam technician, service professional or customer service representatives to be prompt, courteous, knowledgable and committed to providing the best service possible.

Protecting Homes from Rodents, Insects, and Bugs

HomeTeam Pest Defense offers a wide variety of information on all kinds of insects, rodents, and other bug species. Homeowners can find out which pests are the most common in their area, which pests are more likely to be found inside, how to get rid of a pest infestation or other insect problems.

HomeTeam Pest Defense has information on the following:

• Wasps
  • Scorpions
  • Fleas
  • House Flies

Whether homeowners are looking to get rid of mice from their attic, need a termite inspection, or are asking who to call about getting a wasp nest down, HomeTeam Pest Defense can help.

*Pest control materials and pesticide products applied through the Taexx system are registered by the Environmental Protection Agency.

**Taexx service is not a treatment for termites.

The Bad

• Warranty Information
  • Limitations
  • State Coverage

Warranty Information

HomeTeam offers a warranty but requires members to fill out a form on their website to activate it. HomeTeam Pest Defense doesn't disclose any warranty details until customers have submitted the online form.

Limitations

Despite HomeTeam Pest Defense's impressive offering, the pest control company does have some limitations. First, it has the Taexx Built-In Pest Control System installed during a home's construction. If a customer wants this feature, they will need to contact their builder and ask if Taexx is a standard feature.

However, for homes that are already built, the company offers a pest control service with the HomeTeam Pest Defense 6-Point Advantage Service.

The company also has some limitations in terms of the insect types it covers. For example, HomeTeam does not appear to have any kind of bed bug coverage in place. Additional services like lawn care also seem to be missing.

State Coverage

HomeTeam Pest is only located in twelve states. Thus, their services are limited to those locations. HomeTeam Pest urges potential customers to call and speak with a customer service representative of their local branch to learn how HomeTeam can help them get rid of unwanted pests.

Residents of the following states have access to HomeTeam Pest Defense’s services:

• Arizona
  • South Carolina
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia

The Bottom Line

For those looking for a pest control provider HomeTeam Pest Defense has a number of services and features that are convenient for customers. The convenience of the Taexx Pest Control System is excellent for those building a home, as they can have a pest control management system installed within the walls of their home. The locked ports on the outside of the home, so that a local exterminator can come by and simply fill the port with the materials, is great for those who can't always be home. However, HomeTeam Pest Defense is not located nationwide, so the services and extra features are limited to those residents.

View Best Pest Control Companies

2.6

Ralph Joseph Mondello

October 22nd, 2020 Pompano Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

HORRIBLE. I moved into my home less than a month ago (9/23). I found a dead termite around two weeks (on 10/9) after moving into the home. During the walkthrough of my home the Lennar representatives informed my wife and I that the home is covered for up to the first year for termites through a company called Home Team Pest Defense. My wife and I placed a work order through Lennar’s website to solve this termite issue. On 10/22 a representative from Home Team Pest Defense arrived and asked if I had evidence of the termites. I informed him that it almost two weeks ago and while I have a picture of the termite, I did not realize they wanted a sample. The representative called said he called his boss, Robert R, and that his boss said they would not provide me with any service due to not having any proof of what type of termite it is. In the past I have had numerous pest control companies come to spray for termites or other pests and never have they refused to provide me with service if I could not produce the pest. Every day people hire companies to prevent damage caused by termites and other pests. This company refused to to provide any treatment at all. When we spoke I could sense an attitude of not caring at all about my issue. The representative did not even check my home at first. The rep said he won’t do anything, said goodbye , and then came back after he said his boss suggested he look around the home. This company couldn’t even do the bare minimum until I said that I was not happy with the how his company treats clients. When asked, the representative explained a very elaborate story as to why they need to identify the type of termite so that they can determine where the termite comes from and in turn not provide service unless it falls under a strict criteria. I have never heard such a complicated reason to simply provide treatment for pests. The one year service is provided by Lennar and not free. Save your money and choose a company that cares about the clients.

Dennis Shurtz

December 9th, 2019 Maricopa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had great service until I started getting bugs inside the house. When I told the technician, Phillip, about the problem he “lectured” me on what kinds of bugs they were, I.e. beetles and I was to expect them that time of year. I did not appreciate being lectured. I called the company and asked for a different technician to service my house. I was offered a manager to come and spray inside the house, this had not been offered before. Service was completed with the technician explaining inside houses were not normally sprayed except on request. I was not aware of having to make the request. Tyler told me each technician should offer to spray inside the house. I was happy with the service and planned on continuing with Home Team. When the next service cycle time came Phillip was the technician assigned even after asking for someone different. Called the office and received a very indifferent attitude from the office staff. They didn’t really seem to care. Service cancelled. Would not recommend Home Team Pest Defense. The lines inside the walls do not keep pests from inside.

Alex

July 24th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They don't seem to care about the customer. I had scheduled a visit as I noticed advanced activity around my home. The driver called me the day he was supposed to arrive and said he couldn't make it. He asked if we could return two days later. I said ok. 4 days went by and no one came service my issues. I had to call them to see what was going on. They said that they could schedule another visit but not for another 3 days. They spoke to their manager and then it changed to a week and 3 days. They are only in business because of the new build homes that they do. I don't believe in their company, customer service, or product. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

Quazi Nahida sultana

July 19th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst service.. the product does not work. They dont concern about the customer

Sharyn

June 27th, 2019

Having just moved to Naples, Florida I asked my neighbors for a referral for pest conrol. Everyone strongly suggested Home Team. I signed up after talking to Dan who answered my questions & assured me they would provide good service. Employee CJ came out to my house on short notice & was great. I’m looking forward to continued good service.

Leslie

April 26th, 2019 Jacksonville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had homeTeam since we bought our new construction home in 2014. They have great customer service and there technicians are very pleasant. Highly recommend.

Kenneth

April 22nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had nothing but great service from them. They are on the expensive side if you do other services outside of the quarterly service. You get what you pay for. As it relates to a contract, I'm scratching my head on this one because they never made me sign a contract. The re-treatments do not cost if you need them to come back. By the way, this is on a newly built home. Overall the customer service is great and we have built great relationships with the techs and customer service. 5 stars all the way!!!!!!

Eddy Duque

April 9th, 2019 Katy, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We moved to our new home last October, we found one of those door advertisement and decide to call. The on the first visit I noticed they only spray the exterior first floor and obviously now we have spider webs all over the second floor. But here is the worst part... they said in January they came and service the house again, without notice and charge $85.51 , not only did not noticed any changes with bugs , but now they are sending me a collection agency notice! How you dare! Just stay away from this company

Ed Brame

January 12th, 2019 Lake Mary, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had a termite bond with HomeTeam for 20+ years. I have had significant termite swarms and damage over the years (repairs were many thousands of dollars) and in each case HomeTeam refused to accept responsibility for or pay for the damages. I recently had a lawsuit settlement and canceled my agreement with them and transfered the bond to another termite company. Terrible, terrible company.

Jesse Martinez

December 13th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Its been fantastic! I had some pesky bugs that wouldn't go away in our newly built home. The manager & pest employee came to my home to trap a few of the bugs, took them back to the office, put them under a microscope, & identified them. Then they were able to develop the proper plan to safely & effectively remove the bugs & prevent them from returning. It did take me calling into the office to get the additional assistance. I had to call them out a lot to keep treating the bugs. It would have been nice if the pest employee who treated my home over & over again would have requested assistance.

LeeAnn Samsel

May 2nd, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I appreciate having the same technician all the time. He came out next day when I found a scorpion in my house and was helpful and understanding.

cindy honeycutt

June 7th, 2017 Mooresville, NC

New homes in trilogy development, hometeam in mooresville onlygave 2 services in a 10 month period . Both times the was serviced entirety different . I was told do not deal with anyone that shows up , we always call a head! !!! The services were not effective and the service man was just sitting in front of my home waiting and watching, Now that is freckey, I am going to hire orkin the original pest control, THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE!,,,,,,. The WILLIS FAMILY-FRIENDLY

Lihong Chen

November 7th, 2016

Usually, I won't give any service a rating that low. I am doing this not only because they not only didn't do a good job but also cheated. When their customer service called me last week to renew the contract and schedule a new service, I told them that I wanted to discontinue the contract and service because they failed to address a spider issue for the last service. The customer service person insisted to connect me to the service team although I made it clear that I wanted to discontinue the contract. When connected to the service team, I was told that they could come and take care of the issue the next day. When they came the next day, they couldn't solve the issue (a lot of spiders under the roof) because they couldn't reach that high (~25 feet). However, they offered to treat the lower spots. From the very beginning to the end, no one mentioned to me that it was an new service. When they asked me to sign a paper at the end, I assumed it was a document for retreatment as before (stupidly enough) and didn't pay attention to the content. Then when I called Hometeam customer service again, I was told that I had a $98.40 pending charge because they just provided a new quarterly service. I can't believe that they did that. If they think that they keep a customer like that, they are completely wrong. I am discontinue the service whatever.