HomeTeam Pest Defense believes in putting its customers first. The pest control company strives to “deliver a delightful experience every time” and to provide its employees with the support and development to create the best quality pest control experience possible. HomeTeam Pest Defense was established in 1996 with its headquarters in Dallas, Texas. It is currently the third largest residential pest control company in the United States.

Here are some other impressive HomeTeam Pest Defense stats:

• #1 pest management company servicing home builders
  • Performs more than 1 million services each year
  • Over 1,700 employees
  • Over 50 branch locations

In addition to its pest control services, Taexx, the innovative built-in pest control system, HomeTeam Pest Defense offers pre-construction services for home builders and traditional pest and termite control services for homeowners.

#1 Aptive Environmental chevron_right
#2 American Pest chevron_right
#3 Edge chevron_right

The Good

• Taexx Pest Control System
  • Technicians and Service Professionals
  • Protecting Homes from Rodents, Insects, and Bugs

Taexx Pest Control System

HomeTeam Pest Defense designed Taexx, which is the original Tubes in the Wall® system that creates a virtual barrier that helps keep unwanted pests out of homes. Taexx is a network of tubes that run throughout designated walls of a house to target household pests at the point of entry. Every so often, an experienced technician will distribute pest control materials* through locked service points (located on the outside of the home).

Homebuilders are encouraged to call and partner with HomeTeam Pest Defense to install Taexx. HomeTeam Pest Defense states that homebuilders will attract more clients by offering a unique lifestyle feature that allows convenient pest control.

Depending on a customers location, seasonal changes, and local pests, Taexx is carefully placed based on these factors. HomeTeam Pest uses their pest control expertise and in-depth local knowledge to create an effective and efficient pest control solutions.

The Taexx Built-In Pest Control System comes with a 100 percent service guarantee**.

Technicians and Service Professionals

HomeTeam Pest Defense’s goal is to be a long-term partner in maintaining a secure and comfortable environment for families. The company holds its technicians and service professionals to high standards. Customers can expect a HomeTeam technician, service professional or customer service representatives to be prompt, courteous, knowledgable and committed to providing the best service possible.

Protecting Homes from Rodents, Insects, and Bugs

HomeTeam Pest Defense offers a wide variety of information on all kinds of insects, rodents, and other bugs. Homeowners can find out which pests are the most common in their area, which pests are more likely to be found inside, how to get rid of pest infestations and more.

HomeTeam Pest Defense has information on:

• Wasps
  • Scorpions
  • Fleas
  • House Flies

Whether homeowners are looking to get rid of mice from their attic or asking who to call about getting a wasps nest down, HomeTeam Pest Defense can help.

*Pest control materials applied through the Taexx system are registered by the Environmental Protection Agency

**Taexx service is not a treatment for termites

The Bad

• Warranty Information
  • Built-In Pest Control Limitations
  • State Coverage

Warranty Information

HomeTeam offers a warranty but requires members to fill out a form on their website to activate it. HomeTeam Pest Defense doesn't disclose any warranty details until customers have submitted the online form.

Built-In Pest Control Limitations

HomeTeam Pest Defense has the Taexx Built-In Pest Control System installed during a home’s construction. If a customer wants this feature, they will need to contact their builder and ask if Taexx is a standard feature.

However, for homes that are already built, the company offers a pest control service with the HomeTeam Pest Defense 6-Point Advantage Service.

State Coverage

HomeTeam Pest is only located in twelve states. Thus, their services are limited to those locations. HomeTeam Pest urges potential customers to call and speak with a customer service representative of their local branch to learn how HomeTeam can help them get rid of unwanted pests.

Residents of the following states have access to HomeTeam Pest Defense’s services:

• Arizona
  • South Carolina
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia

The Bottom Line

For those looking for a pest control provider HomeTeam Pest Defense has a number of services and features that are convenient for customers. The convenience of the Taexx Pest Control System is excellent for those building a home, as they can have a pest control management system installed within the walls of their home. The locked ports on the outside of the home, so that a technician can come by and simply fill the port with the materials, is great for those who can’t always be home. However, HomeTeam Pest Defense is not located nationwide, so the services and extra features are limited to those residents.

View Best Pest Control Companies

2.7

Alex
August 16th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

They don't seem to care about the customer. I had scheduled a visit as I noticed advanced activity around my home. The driver called me the day he was supposed to arrive and said he couldn't make it. He asked if we could return two days later. I said ok. 4 days went by and no one came service my issues. I had to call them to see what was going on. They said that they could schedule another visit but not for another 3 days. They spoke to their manager and then it changed to a week and 3 days. They are only in business because of the new build homes that they do. I don't believe in their company, customer service, or product. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

Quazi Nahida sultana
July 22nd, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Worst service.. the product does not work. They dont concern about the customer

Sharyn
June 27th, 2019

Having just moved to Naples, Florida I asked my neighbors for a referral for pest conrol. Everyone strongly suggested Home Team. I signed up after talking to Dan who answered my questions & assured me they would provide good service. Employee CJ came out to my house on short notice & was great. I’m looking forward to continued good service.

Leslie
April 29th, 2019 Jacksonville, NC DETAILS

We have had homeTeam since we bought our new construction home in 2014. They have great customer service and there technicians are very pleasant. Highly recommend.

Kenneth
April 23rd, 2019 DETAILS

I have had nothing but great service from them. They are on the expensive side if you do other services outside of the quarterly service. You get what you pay for. As it relates to a contract, I'm scratching my head on this one because they never made me sign a contract. The re-treatments do not cost if you need them to come back. By the way, this is on a newly built home. Overall the customer service is great and we have built great relationships with the techs and customer service. 5 stars all the way!!!!!!

Eddy Duque
April 10th, 2019 Katy, TX DETAILS

We moved to our new home last October, we found one of those door advertisement and decide to call. The on the first visit I noticed they only spray the exterior first floor and obviously now we have spider webs all over the second floor. But here is the worst part... they said in January they came and service the house again, without notice and charge $85.51 , not only did not noticed any changes with bugs , but now they are sending me a collection agency notice! How you dare! Just stay away from this company

Ed Brame
January 14th, 2019 Lake Mary, FL DETAILS

I have had a termite bond with HomeTeam for 20+ years. I have had significant termite swarms and damage over the years (repairs were many thousands of dollars) and in each case HomeTeam refused to accept responsibility for or pay for the damages. I recently had a lawsuit settlement and canceled my agreement with them and transfered the bond to another termite company. Terrible, terrible company.

Jesse Martinez
December 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Its been fantastic! I had some pesky bugs that wouldn't go away in our newly built home. The manager & pest employee came to my home to trap a few of the bugs, took them back to the office, put them under a microscope, & identified them. Then they were able to develop the proper plan to safely & effectively remove the bugs & prevent them from returning. It did take me calling into the office to get the additional assistance. I had to call them out a lot to keep treating the bugs. It would have been nice if the pest employee who treated my home over & over again would have requested assistance.

LeeAnn Samsel
May 3rd, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

I appreciate having the same technician all the time. He came out next day when I found a scorpion in my house and was helpful and understanding.

cindy honeycutt
June 8th, 2017 Mooresville, NC

New homes in trilogy development, hometeam in mooresville onlygave 2 services in a 10 month period . Both times the was serviced entirety different . I was told do not deal with anyone that shows up , we always call a head! !!! The services were not effective and the service man was just sitting in front of my home waiting and watching, Now that is freckey, I am going to hire orkin the original pest control, THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE!,,,,,,. The WILLIS FAMILY-FRIENDLY

Lihong Chen
November 11th, 2016

Usually, I won't give any service a rating that low. I am doing this not only because they not only didn't do a good job but also cheated. When their customer service called me last week to renew the contract and schedule a new service, I told them that I wanted to discontinue the contract and service because they failed to address a spider issue for the last service. The customer service person insisted to connect me to the service team although I made it clear that I wanted to discontinue the contract. When connected to the service team, I was told that they could come and take care of the issue the next day. When they came the next day, they couldn't solve the issue (a lot of spiders under the roof) because they couldn't reach that high (~25 feet). However, they offered to treat the lower spots. From the very beginning to the end, no one mentioned to me that it was an new service. When they asked me to sign a paper at the end, I assumed it was a document for retreatment as before (stupidly enough) and didn't pay attention to the content. Then when I called Hometeam customer service again, I was told that I had a $98.40 pending charge because they just provided a new quarterly service. I can't believe that they did that. If they think that they keep a customer like that, they are completely wrong. I am discontinue the service whatever.