Ecolab Logo

6.0

LAST UPDATED: August 18th, 2022

When a company partners with Ecolab Pest Elimination, they can have confidence that their business and customers are protected from pests.

Ecolab is a global company that delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site pest control service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, and optimize water and energy use in three states as well as Canada, along with more than 170 countries around the world.

Ecolab boasts:

• Science-based protocols from its Global RD&E Center
  • 140+ patents in pest elimination
  • Emergency response call back + on-site in less than 24 hours
  • 6-week award-winning training program
  • 2,500+ service specialists
  • Accurate documentation of pest incidents and detailed corrective actions
  • 24/7/365 customer service and technical support

Hawx Pest Control Logo
#2 Hawx Pest Control chevron_right
Alta Pest Control Logo
#3 Alta Pest Control chevron_right

The Good

• Pest Solutions for Buildings and Facilities
  • Services, Programs, and Equipment

Pest Solutions for Buildings and Facilities

Ecolab knows how crucial it is to keep pests out of businesses and facilities as it adds unexpected costs and damages, tarnishes a company's image, as well as upsetting employees and customers. Ecolab's pest control program helps eliminate the most common pests businesses have to deal with: rodent, roach, ant, and flying insect problems. The program combines an outside-in approach to pest control with an on-site consultation, data-driven reporting, customer support 24/7/365 and educational tools to raise staff awareness on how to further prevent pest activity.

Ecolab serves the following commercial industries:

• Food Processing
  • Food Service (food safety)
  • Healthcare (hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities)
  • Hospitality (hotels)
  • Retail (textile care)
  • Supply Chain

All Ecolab products and services are designed to deliver high-quality service with less of an environmental impact.

Services, Programs, and Equipment

On the Ecolab website, customers can view the available services and products. Depending on the search filters customers can see and select what is service, programs, or equipment is offered, types of solutions, markets, and industries. Some of the products and services available are as follows:

Equipment

• Stealth Fly Station
    • Discreetly rids flies on the exterior of a facility
  • Thermal Enclosure
    • Gently heats to eliminate bed bugs on mattresses and furniture

Services

• Commercial Ant Elimination
    • Protects against ants and other crawling insects
  • Commercial Bed Bug Elimination
    • A multi-treatment protocol to kill bed bugs at all stages of life
  • Commercial Roden Elimination
    • Interior-exterior rodent program that uses patented technology to eliminate rodents
  • Commercial Fly Elimination
    • Rid of these food-safety risks
  • Commercial Cockroach Elimination
    • Eliminates these health pests that carry and spread bacteria such as E.coli and Salmonella

The Bad

• Does More Than Pest Control
  • Not Available for Residential Properties
  • Undisclosed Information

Does More Than Pest Control

Ecolab is a global leader in water, hygiene, and energy technologies. The company works hard to make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by promoting solutions and services that support safe food, clean environments, and optimal energy and water use. While the company has an impressive global impact, it could also be seen as a downside for its pest elimination solutions. Because the company serves such a broad scope of industries, some customers might feel that they could get a more personalized experience from a pest control company that is more local and focuses only on insect control.

Not Available for Residential Properties

Ecolab caters to the commercial industry for pest control. While this isn’t the worst thing, it does narrow the customer field.

Undisclosed Information

Ecolab does not disclose vital information about what the company offers regarding benefits. Basic information that is not revealed includes:

• Whether or not there is a free follow-up service
  • The specialty chemicals and sanitizer products it uses
  • What guarantees are offered
  • Installation/activation fee for a first service to the customer's facility
  • Details regarding a contract. To learn how a contract works, customers will need to contact Ecolab for a consultation.
  • Whether or not liability insurance is included

The Bottom Line

Ecolab strives to create a safer, cleaner, and healthier world for everybody. Ecolab states that its products and services help prevent disease and infections, by keeping food and supplies safe. The companies work is to protect the places where people eat, sleep, work, play, and heal.

For commercial properties or business Ecolab has plenty of pest solutions to get rid of any unwanted pests, rodents, or insects. Business owners can easily view the industries served and find the products and services offered. Although the company does offer pest control, there are plenty of other services Ecolab provides. While this isn’t a deal-breaker, some customers might choose to go with a local pest control company, as they might worry about receiving a more personalized experience.

View Best Pest Control Companies

© 2018 Ecolab USA Inc. All rights reserved.

Ecolab USA Inc.

1 Ecolab Place, St. Paul, MN 55102-2233

3.5

Lisa Anne Littleton, CO

We use this company for our restaurant and they did a impeccable job of making sure that our establishment is safe for both our staff and guest. They did not skip a beat and were truly amazing and on time and professional. I would highly recommend this company, 10 out of 10!

Tara Gillispie Hurricane, WV

I actually didn’t use Ecolab for pest control in my home, but rather in my work place. Ecolab also came and switched out our rugs, and hand towels in my store every week. They would come and spray once a month for pest control and check their traps they would leave in the stores.

Brandon Chicago, IL

My last hotel in Michigan had switched to Ecolab for our preventative pest control services. The cost was fairly pricey but is about what you would expect for a company this size. My only complaint would be it was difficult to make contact with someone to actually discuss setting up an account. Once were were in things were seamless but I had almost given up and looked for another vendor.

Kelli Spencer Statesville, NC

Used for both restaurant chemical supplies and pest control. From our knowledgeable reps to our technicians and delivery personell, everyone always took great care of our needs. They operated based on their keen observations of our daily routines and made suggestions to make our restaurant cleaner and more sanitary. With their help we always maintained perfect health scores.

Sirdriz77 Fairfield, CT

I used this company at my previous place of employment for pest control as well as other services. They are a trusted name in the hospitality industry and having had experience with multiple pest control vendors I would rank them among the best in quality of the service. The only negative was that they were more expensive than many of the local vendors.

Fernando

I saw 2 roaches within a weeks time and that was more than enough for a lifetime for me. I called Ecolab and the gentleman came out. Explained how they were getting in and their habits. He did what he came to do and I have not seen any since. Great job

Shalon Johnson Minneapolis, MN

Amazing company! Extremely efficient and helpful. The technicians that come out are always extremely knowledgeable and eager to assist. I would recommend this company for everyone.

Christina Sutu-Wallar Concord, CA

I have used them for over 10 years at my business. I can text my technician in between services and get extra attention when needed. I was able to customize my kids they service based on my needs. Highly recommended

Jackey Liu San Jose, CA

I had used Ecolab service for my restaurant since 2011. 2018, I sold my restaurant. I called to canceled Ecolab service and paid everything that is due. I ask new owner to start a service with them which they did. The next three months service after transferred were done to new owner but invoices were sent to me. I contacted Ecolab 4 times to address invoice to new owner which I never received an respond. I kept receiving letter for past due and eventually Ecolab sent the past due to a collection agency to collect payment. Then I received email/call/letters from agency for debts that did not owe at all. I would not recommend Ecolab to anyone that need pest control service. Ecolab doesn't have online payment sett up. It's either payment auto-draft from your bank account or you mail a check in. Very inconvenience. Stay away!

Paul Goebert Brooklyn, NY

Ecolab has the worst customer service. Their sales reps never call after the receptionist taking our calls promises that they would, the deliveries for chemicals for our dishwashing machine are delivered after a long wait time, or never, which requires my restaurant to call them often or even buy the detergents, rinse solutions etc someplace else. They caused us multiple health code violations and fines because of bad maintenance, it's just a hassle to deal with them We are now looking for some better company, one of their competitors. Ps: We used them for a short time for pest control as well, because of their brand name recognition. It was a disaster. We now have a much cheaper exterminator who gets us an "A" grade very time on the first inspection!

Boy George Rockville, MD

This company is garbage, lazy, inconsiderate and really don't give a plop about your business. Stay on them if they come to fix your equipment. They will run up the bill! 6 weeks to get a convection oven. No apologies just "What do you want me to do about!" How about get the hell out of kitchen. Anyone is better than Ecolab. Pest control seems to be spraying water not chemicals. Full blown idiots! Most of your dish machines probably require there chemicals but order that from your order guide. Don't personally deal with them! I proudly can say that I HATE ECOLAB. Good Luck!

Federico Apache Junction, AZ

They’re service is always very professional and their products are very high quality. Also the techs that have visit me always know what they’re doing and do a great job.

Alyssa Scott Mesa, AZ

Ecolab has been very efficient at my parents dairy wueen, Customer service is always helpful and they are always quick to fix whatever the problem is .

Stacy Carter Red Cliff, CO

I worked with Ecolab when I was in hotels. They were always quick to respond and easy to work with.

S Adams Newport Beach, CA

Ecolab is a company I would never want to use again. Over and over, I have requested that they resolve a bug problem, only to be treated with arrogance and ignorance. Save yourself the headache, and simply find a company that does what you pay them to do~ a good job!!! CANCEL THEIR SERVICE, and find a professional group!

not happy Springfield, MO

Forget these clowns tried to buy a trap which is just a plastic box with my state I contacted them 2x trap and all they wanted to do was get all my information and sell me $1,000 a year pest control plan with limited promises except for I would be pay a grand

Greg Service jr

Eco lab was efficient with getting rid of the pest. But took awhile to get there

Mary Arlington, MN

Ecolab came to spray our home on the windiest day we had this spring. They were here less than 10 minutes. I will never have them come again because it didn't help with the bugs and spiders as the spray blew away.

anupam sumessur New York, NY

Much ado about nothing. Big talks no results