Founded in 1925, American Pest is a top rated pest control company for homes and businesses throughout Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia. The company offers protection against over 30 general pests including spiders, rodents, ticks, bed bugs, termites, and mosquitoes. The American Pest control team consists of over 160 brand ambassadors who are service professionals in pest prevention and customer experience.

In addition to over 160 expertly-trained pest professionals, American Pest control has four board certified entomologists, eleven associate certified entomologists, and over 30 state-certified technicians. Services provided by American Pest are QualityPro & Quality Pro Green accredited by NPMA, the industry’s highest mark of excellence, for their integration of non-toxic methods and low impact EPA-labeled products.

The company credits its longstanding tradition of excellence to its people, who provide quality pest control solutions to over 15,000 homes and businesses and millions of square feet of federal offices and institutions throughout the area.

The Good

• One-Time or Seasonal Coverage
  • Simple Pricing
  • Pest Free Pledge Guarantee
  • Variety of Services

One-Time or Seasonal Coverage

Unlike most pest control companies, American Pest conrol offers seasonal coverage or one-time treatments. The company has a variety of regular service options, so you can choose which coverage works best for you.

Simple Pricing

American Pest control offers safe, affordable and environmentally friendly pest solutions with quarterly and monthly plans to get rid of common pests. Customers can choose from the plans listed below:

• Preferred Care: Pest Control
    • Monthly Service
    • 6–7 Services per Year
    • Exterior Mosquito and Tick Spraying

Pest Free Pledge Guarantee

All regular services include the pest free pledge guarantee, which states if pests return between services the company will send a technician to return at no additional cost.

Variety of Services

American Pest control offers treatments for a variety of pests including ants, mice, rats, spiders, stinging insects, carpet beetles, interior fleas, stink bugs, cockroaches, house centipedes, millipedes, silverfish, earwigs, and 30 plus home invading pests. They also have a mosquito and tick program for their active months and offer k9 bed bug inspection and bed bug heat treatments for single-family homes.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

American Pest control only services Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia, which does limit the service area. If you are located in those areas, this will be an excellent fit for you.

The Bottom Line

American Pest seems like an all around great company for your pest control needs, as long as you are in the greater Washington, D.C. area. The company promises to rid of pests by hiring service professionals, providing world-class training, and applying Integrated Pest Management practices that are environmentally friendly. American Pest control offers various pest control services for both residential and commercial properties.

For more information, customers can contact American Pest control by phone or visit the website and request a free pest control estimate.

American Pest received the Award of Excellence from the United States Department of State in 2004 and for six years was a recipient of the Angie's List Super Service Award (2011-2016). American Pest also boasts an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB business). If you’re looking to get rid of unwanted pests, the company guarantees you will be satisfied with its services.

Call our recommended rep over at American Pest below.

David

October 15th, 2018 McLean, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We recieved the mosquito and roach service. With regards to the mosquito service, we did not receive the service we expected. They did not show up on regular schedules and the mosquito treatment they applied did not work

Oct 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, David. Unfortunately, this season had especially high rainfall and mosquito activity. However, this still shows that you have not received the service that you've expected from American Pest and for that we are sorry. Anytime you have issues with a service that we have provided, we encourage you to give us a call to let us know so that we can return for retreatment as needed.

Byron

October 15th, 2018 Chantilly, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm becoming dissatisfied with American Pest. They came out for the quarterly service three days ago. I was assured that all my pest control was taken care of. Unfortunately right now it's full of spiders, and I'm standing at my front door, looking at the columns of my front porch, and watching the the column of ants run up and down the column. So there is not very effective, whatever they used.

Oct 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Byron. We're sorry to hear that you had an unfortunate experience with your last service. However, I have had our team look over your account and see that we are working to schedule you for a follow-up service in with one of our service supervisors who will review your concerns, examine the property once again, and treat appropriately. As always anytime you have issues with your service, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Anthony

October 15th, 2018 Fredericksburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm satisfied with the pest control progam I chose. I think it's the termite and pest control program.They're very cordial and always ring the doorbell.

Amy

October 15th, 2018 Ashburn, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're very responsive when I call. They're not a long wait time and they always answer my questions and come back out quickly. We've only had to have them come back in between for ants, we get the service for quarterly. We've got what we expected.

Brooke

October 15th, 2018 Ellicott City, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got the results that I expected with the service I ordered. The customer service is cordial and nice and easy to work with.

Andy

October 15th, 2018 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're always on time and always do their job. They always made sure we were satisfied with the work. They're always taking issues and were helpful and knowledgeable.

Anusha

October 15th, 2018 Annandale, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service was very responsive and answered all of my questions. We got tick and mosquito services and we got the results we expected. It was great. They had good communication and the actual service itself worked. Great customer service and everything worked.

Ken

October 15th, 2018 Bristow, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are eco friendly and they actually came to our door to get our business. They are just very considerate. We haven't had any issues and they always come back. They work out everything with you. If there is ever a billing issue or anything they're just great to work with.

Darryl

October 15th, 2018 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One call to the customer service does it all. They are always on time and reliable with the report showing when they arrive and what they did.

Joseph

October 15th, 2018 Bowie, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their responsiveness is quick. They took care of my problem.

Lena

October 15th, 2018 Laurel, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service is always responsive and quick to respond if we call and has never given us any problems.

Joseph

October 15th, 2018 Oakton, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer support answers instantly when I call.

Deanna

October 15th, 2018 Gainesville, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're really great. They call beforehand or email you to let you know they're coming out and when and I like the job that they do.

Douglas

October 15th, 2018 Columbia, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've had a problem a couple of times when I've needed immediate service and I've had to wait too long.

Sherri

October 15th, 2018 Alexandria, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really like the young man that comes out every visit. He knows how I like things and when I want to have a test done. He's very reliable, very clean, very nice man. I've been very happy with the responses when I've called. I can usually get an appointment very quickly. So overall, I've been very happy.

Ellen

October 15th, 2018 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The sales rep who came out seemed more interested in doing just what was needed and not overselling. The customer service has always responsed when I needed them.

Eli

October 15th, 2018 Laurel, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have very good customer service but I can't always get someone to come out for urgent matters, but that's understandable. The technicians are very experienced and seem to know what they are doing.

Egons

October 15th, 2018 Garrett Park, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They've always been very responsive. The people that come to our house, they've been here repeatedly, so they know the history. We are very happy with them. We think they did a great job and we are very happy with the result. We feel they were very professional and did a wonderful job.

Eileen

October 15th, 2018 McLean, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're always responsive and any concerns I have they deal with immediately.

October 15th, 2018 Takoma Park, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The technicians come out fairly immediate whenever we call. The services seem pretty effective.

Jessica

October 15th, 2018 Stafford, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I did not get the results they expected. I had two packages: one of them was mosquito and the other one was for general home pest. Only one employee during my time of service actually provided customer service. I'm highly dissatisfied. There isn't very good management customer service skills and communication. It was completely disappointing.

Jerry

October 15th, 2018 Silver Spring, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They come out right away when we call. They're always very responsive and the technicians are very nice.

Graham

October 15th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are responsive and always provide notifications about services and follow up information. we used a fill service program and we got the results that we expected.

October 15th, 2018 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is very responsive and very good at keeping folks up-to-date about the services that they are doing.

Colin

October 15th, 2018 Alexandria, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service has been really high quality and the few times we've need somebody to re-spray for mosquitoes, it's been covered at no charge and they've been happy to do it. It's always been very easy to get ahold of someone and if we had to request another treatment, they've usually been able to get it scheduled within just a couple of days.

Carmen

October 15th, 2018 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're pretty responsive but sometimes we've had miscommunication. We got a termite control program and I think we got the results we expected and with basic maintenance we still have a problem. They seem to be trying to help, but we still have an issue.

October 15th, 2018 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They've been a lot better, but recently I find it very hard to get timely appointments when you need them. Once they are here, they're very thorough. My individual technician who typically comes is amazing and I would rate him very high, but the overall company, I would rate lower.

Dwayne

October 15th, 2018 Stafford, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I first used them, they came out and did the job for me. Other than that, I really don't have contact with them. They usually come out and do the inspection but whenever they call, they are very nice and respectful. They came out immediately when we had termites and the service was way professional. They are fast and reliable.

Oct 19, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Dwayne. Some customers want to be with us for every service, while others are happy to trust us to provide a high-quality service outside the home without you having to be there. If you do want interior service, I hope that you will give us a call so that we can schedule a time to come out and treat when you will be home. Thanks for the 5-star review, we will see you next time!

Haley Evers

September 17th, 2018 Lehi, UT

Americanpest keeps all sorts of critters you don’t want in your home not just in it but away from it! They want everyone to get what hey deserve and that’s not creepy crawlers in your home. The one and only bad thing is it takes forever for them to spray your home. It took them 3 hours for mine and mine is an apartment!

Oct 19, 2018

Hi Haley, We appreciate the feedback, however, I'm not sure that you have the right company for a few reasons. I can't find your name in our database and we don't service the Utah area. We are, however, happy to hear that creepy crawlers aren't invading your home!