Pods Logo
LAST UPDATED: September 3rd, 2022
Founded in 1998, Pods (Portable On Demand Storage) invented the concept of portable storage containers, which introduced a whole new way to move and store. Flexibility makes Pods a smart moving solution, so you can stay in control of your move and stress less. It is as simple as packing on your own schedule and leaving the driving to someone else.

The Good

• Location Coverage
  • Moving Solutions
  • Moving Resources

Location Coverage

Today, Pods offers services to over 200 million people in more than 20,000 cities in 58 states, provinces, and territories throughout the United States, Canada, and Australia, making Pods one of the most accessible moving services in the market.

Moving Solutions

Pods moving service can help make your move easier no matter if you're moving down the street, across the country, or into storage. Pods will allow you to pack/unpack at your own pace, time-table, and to your own standards. When you are done with packing you leave the hustle of driving to someone else. It is one simple solution to move and store.

Moving Resources

Pods doesn't just offer storing containers, but also many other resources that will make you move easy and stress free. Along with your storage containers you can request moving boxes, protection blankets, lifting straps, rubber moving bands, and locks to keep your things secure.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Prices
  • Time in Business

Undisclosed Prices

Unfortunately Pods does not disclose prices on moving containers, moving resources, or labor. You can request a free quote on their website by providing your contact information and details about your move. Prices on the moving resources, packing and unpacking services, moving labor and other resources is not disclosed as well. Knowing the prices that might cost you to move is a simple way to reduce stress and compare moving services near you.

Time in Business

Even though Pods is very unique and flexible solution to moving and storing, they haven't been in business as long as other moving companies. If you are looking for moving business with a more established reputation, Pods might not fulfill that qualification.

The Bottom Line

Pods is a flexible and smart moving solution that allows you to stay in control of your move and your stress. It is as simple as packing on your own schedule and leaving the driving to someone else. Pods is located in most of the states, as well as in Canada and Australia. You have the option to request additional moving resources if you need them; however, undisclosed prices will make it difficult to know how much your move will cost you and what additional fees you might face during your move.

KG Lebanon, NJ

We use pods when moving from our old house to our new house and the guys who delivered the pods were super nice and super helpful. Customer service was a little difficult to deal with because they would tell you one thing and do another. We also had a billing problem which was eventually fixed after I was persistent with my bills and the accounting error. Pick up of the pods was easy to schedule online if the website was working correctly.

Casey

Great service for easy moving, but it's pricey. It was easy to plan my move and pod delivery and pickup times. My things arrived right on time and in good condition. Their pricing breakdown can be a bit confusing as they have separate charges for drop off, pickup, storage and moving. We lived in a rainy place a little rain leaked in the edges but our stuff was packed well so nothing was damaged.

Krista Griffith Tulsa, OK

We planned to move within a year and made reservations to use Pods. The move didn't go through, and Pods gave us no hassle when we had to cancel the reservation. That's a big plus for me and leaves the door open for when we do move.

Madelyn Madison, MS

My thoughts on the pods.. Never seen nor heard of them until after hurricane Katrina came through on the Mississippi Gulf coast. Then I noticed everywhere pods!! Really allowed people to put there much love items into them. Keeps items clean and free of moister.

Beth Ann Lewis

The gentlemen that dropped off my pod and delivered it to another state were very curtious and friendly. They were prompt on their arrival and cautious on placing the pod to not damage any personal property.

Cam McClellan Magna, UT

Pods are very easy to use and allow you a little bit more flexibility with time to load your part up. I also liked the idea of not having to drive a big truck across multiple states.

Deanna my MVP Seattle, WA

We used one to move from MT to MO , they were on time and made sure we had our stuff in time for kids to have their beds that night. Thank you

Angelina Hamilton Jackson, MS

I really like how I can load my things into the Pod and they will pick it up and deliver it to my destination. Really helps the move!

Tony Riverton, UT

Used a POD briefly while we were waiting for our house to get finished. Such a convenient way to temporarily store and relocate your belongings.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Pods is a great moving company if you’re not moving far. The process can be grueling when taking a Pod cross country.

Tagg Ogden, UT

Pods are so easy to use. You just load them up and they deliver them to your next location.

David T Ogden, UT

PODs are so easy to use and I like the longer time frame you have to pack your stuff up.