Pods Logo
LAST UPDATED: June 9th, 2022
Founded in 1998, Pods (Portable On Demand Storage) invented the concept of portable storage containers, which introduced a whole new way to move and store. Flexibility makes Pods a smart moving solution, so you can stay in control of your move and stress less. It is as simple as packing on your own schedule and leaving the driving to someone else.

The Good

• Location Coverage
  • Moving Solutions
  • Moving Resources

Location Coverage

Today, Pods offers services to over 200 million people in more than 20,000 cities in 58 states, provinces, and territories throughout the United States, Canada, and Australia, making Pods one of the most accessible moving services in the market.

Moving Solutions

Pods moving service can help make your move easier no matter if you're moving down the street, across the country, or into storage. Pods will allow you to pack/unpack at your own pace, time-table, and to your own standards. When you are done with packing you leave the hustle of driving to someone else. It is one simple solution to move and store.

Moving Resources

Pods doesn't just offer storing containers, but also many other resources that will make you move easy and stress free. Along with your storage containers you can request moving boxes, protection blankets, lifting straps, rubber moving bands, and locks to keep your things secure.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Prices
  • Time in Business

Undisclosed Prices

Unfortunately Pods does not disclose prices on moving containers, moving resources, or labor. You can request a free quote on their website by providing your contact information and details about your move. Prices on the moving resources, packing and unpacking services, moving labor and other resources is not disclosed as well. Knowing the prices that might cost you to move is a simple way to reduce stress and compare moving services near you.

Time in Business

Even though Pods is very unique and flexible solution to moving and storing, they haven't been in business as long as other moving companies. If you are looking for moving business with a more established reputation, Pods might not fulfill that qualification.

The Bottom Line

Pods is a flexible and smart moving solution that allows you to stay in control of your move and your stress. It is as simple as packing on your own schedule and leaving the driving to someone else. Pods is located in most of the states, as well as in Canada and Australia. You have the option to request additional moving resources if you need them; however, undisclosed prices will make it difficult to know how much your move will cost you and what additional fees you might face during your move.

Karen York Village, ME

I have used Pods 3 times over the past several years and with each use they have made my moving experience less stressful and more efficient, along with helping to reduce associated moving costs. Their website is super user friendly and the dashboard allows easy reference in regards to billing and where your POD contents are in the moving process. The most recent move was a cross country one.

Michael Cline Onalaska, TX

I live in Texas and my parents lived in Oregon. When, after they had both passed away, it became necessary for me to return to Oregon and pack some of the contents of their home and move them to Texas was when I first contacted Pods. I was able to rent a container (pod) to load the furniture and materials into, that protected them from the road travel and storage that I needed for them. After arriving back home, to make room for the added furniture and other items I had returned with, I was able to use that same Pod to store everything out of the weather and remove items as I determined a need for them. What a great moving idea. I love it!

Joyce Selapack Lancaster, NY

For the most part ordering it was easy , Dennis the delivery guy was a complete moron ! Placed the pod diagonally in the driveway when he had plenty of enuff room to put in the back , but left in this position at end of driveway with no room to pull in . Complete jerk

Wendy Shaw Queens, NY

Made my family move out of state so smooth from beginning to end. Easy to book and pay on-line. Outstanding customer service all around. The Pods them self were clean and convenient. Also prices in my budget.... Will definitely use in the future..

Philip Fay Truckee, CA

Excellent experience with PODS the 4-5 times I have used them. They make moving easy and on your schedule.

Jen M Raleigh, NC

I will always use Pods for moving. It was nice to be able to pack at my own pace and it was easy to schedule a driver to pick up when I was ready. I also recommend it if you are selling your home and need to store personal belongings while showing your home.

Whimsigal48 Oklahoma City, OK

I used a pod to move just once. The cost was a bit high for my budget but the move went very well. I did have a bit of trouble with items shifting in transport but I accept responsibility because I failed to attach my tie down ropes to the back before loading.

Pati Richardson Edmond, OK

When we moved out of our house we used a POD to move and store our belongings at our new home. The POD was there for several months while the house was being updated. A couple of years later, we used them again for storage during a home renovation. It was very convenient and customer service was great!

KG Lebanon, NJ

We use pods when moving from our old house to our new house and the guys who delivered the pods were super nice and super helpful. Customer service was a little difficult to deal with because they would tell you one thing and do another. We also had a billing problem which was eventually fixed after I was persistent with my bills and the accounting error. Pick up of the pods was easy to schedule online if the website was working correctly.

Matt Williams

Pods was great all the way up until my city delivery. The driver was a complete a-hole. He rushed us, tried to move our stuff out without asking, and broke a dresser. He shouldn’t be employed anywhere with his current attitude, but otherwise the experience was pretty easy and effective, just a little expensive.

Beth Ann Lewis

The gentlemen that dropped off my pod and delivered it to another state were very curtious and friendly. They were prompt on their arrival and cautious on placing the pod to not damage any personal property.

Vicki H. Poolesville, MD

We used Pods to store household goods when we sold our house and needed a place to hold our belongings until our new house was ready for us to move in. It was surprisingly easy to schedule delivery, placement, and pickup for the Pods because the scheduler was knowledgeable, pleasant, and patient with us, even when we had to reschedule when our closing date was changed. It was cheaper to use Pods for our move rather than using a regular moving company because we had to store our belongings for several months between moves.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

Our family friend sold her home quicker than expected and moved in with my mom while they waited for their home to be built. We rented her a Pods to put all her furniture in to have stored until it was ready to move into her new home. It worked out perfectly because she didn't have to move all of her belongings 3 times. Pods is the most convenient way to move and is such a great idea!

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

We used a Pod to help us get our house staged before a move. We had a garage full of storage and several items in the house that could be put away. We were able to have items stored until we moved into our new home a few months later. It was a convienent and helpful way to get two things done at once. And when they dropped it off at our new home, we had a few days to unload instead of having to rush. I have recommended Pods to all my friends who are moving.

James Conder Eagle Mountain, UT

Pods was something new and my wife and I decided to use when we sold our 1st half and was building our new home. They delivered the units to our home, picked them up and stored them until we moved into our new home. We were able to store thing in there that we normally wouldn't since they put them in climate controlled storage areas. I would strongly suggest thing company and the way of storing your things between moves. They were amazing to work with and I felt good with letting our family stuff go with them

Kurt Didenhover Salt Lake City, UT

When we needed to move and store some of our belongings we used Pods. Their pickup and delivery service were smooth and easy. Wonderful service too.

Chelsi Day Ghiorzi Columbus, OH

We had a positive experience with PODS for storage and an awful experience with them for the moving part. They refused to deliver our unit anywhere in our new neighborhood. They claimed the streets were too small or too busy. Despite many neighbors using various services and the city approving our permit...they told us the only option was to pay an exorbitant amout of money to move then unit from IN to OH and then to rent a uhaul and move all of the things from the Pod to the uhaul and then into our house. It was a totally inefficient process and financially ridiculous. We did end up having to rent 2 uhauls and unloaded the items from our Pod and drove them to Ohio ourselves. It was a negative experience and the Ohio rep was VERY rude.

Luke Swierczynski Franklin, MI

Super easy to move when they put the pod in your driveway, fill it up, then you just give them a call and they drive and drop it off where you need it.

Eban Beltran Arlington, TX

We used PODS to move a few years ago and had a great experience with them. It was incredibly convenient and they were caring and flexible enough for our moving arrangements. The only downside is that their price has gone up over the years, but I guess that seems fair for a great service.

AmyConder22 Eagle Mountain, UT

When we built our house we used pods and it was so convenient. We had one come get our stuff to stage and then again when sled sold. It was stored until our house was ready and then delivered it to our driveway when we move in. Would use them again and again.

Casey

Great service for easy moving, but it's pricey. It was easy to plan my move and pod delivery and pickup times. My things arrived right on time and in good condition. Their pricing breakdown can be a bit confusing as they have separate charges for drop off, pickup, storage and moving. We lived in a rainy place a little rain leaked in the edges but our stuff was packed well so nothing was damaged.

Ozone Newport News, VA

Nice haveing a pod. Deliver to your house. We can take our time to pack. And. Call pods. To pick it up.

Deanna my MVP Seattle, WA

We used one to move from MT to MO , they were on time and made sure we had our stuff in time for kids to have their beds that night. Thank you

Sharon Rhea Ford

When it is all over, I hope to give a good review since I sacrificed to get the POD and felt good about it as it would help me pack even though it's too hot to put half the crates in until just prior to shipping. I am renting it for a min. of 2 months - maybe a bit more. I still have to hope the POD arrives safely in Ohio when I call them; yet, I've called 3 times asking them to move it 2 feet since the very nice young man who delivered it and I did not realize my car needed more room to get by it. They would only move it for $186.00 which I can not justify paying with all on me. As a result, my car has been scratched (every time I go out) on one side and the top, and now, it will cost me a fortune to have my car painted. With 5 years of tragedy on me and a few rough years ahead (parents' deaths ending life for me since they were my world I adored, one flooded house 12 hrs. away, one hit by a hurricane, no life insurance, all 3 of our dogs died - one each year, and a severe spine injury), everything has gone wrong, so it is sad that this has happened with the POD.

Krista Griffith Tulsa, OK

We planned to move within a year and made reservations to use Pods. The move didn't go through, and Pods gave us no hassle when we had to cancel the reservation. That's a big plus for me and leaves the door open for when we do move.

Lori Claassen Layton, UT

Had to keep one of these Pods on our driveway for a few months and it was great! Loved how company just dropped it off in front of our house and moved it to our new house when we were ready!

Mykahla Nelson Managua, MN

I used pods when I was moving into my new house. I was able to find most of my stuff in a pod. The service of this company is awesome they helped me find the right size that I needed.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Pods is simply the best way to move. You pack your own stuff when convenient. They they handle the move for you. They also have timely arrivals for delivery. All in all, they made it a great moving experience.

Lyssa Eagle Mountain, UT

I currently have things in storage with PODS while I am in transition. I think the pricing is a bit high but I love the comfort of knowing my stuff is secure somewhere and I can ship it to wherever I land!

Madelyn Madison, MS

My thoughts on the pods.. Never seen nor heard of them until after hurricane Katrina came through on the Mississippi Gulf coast. Then I noticed everywhere pods!! Really allowed people to put there much love items into them. Keeps items clean and free of moister.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

Moving my brother from OH back to PA, we didn't want to drive a big truck so far. Pods was an amazing alternative. Pack it up. They pick it up, and take it where you need. Awesome service.

Lyssa Havana, FL

Great for moving/storing things during house renovation. Also, customer service is great!

Alex Gohlke Franklin, MI

Perfect way to move my stuff across the country safely and securely. no hassle and great value

J B Sandy, UT

When our moving company bailed on us, Pods bailed us out for two weeks. Thank you!

JE

Super simple and convenient service to move your items safely to a new location.

RebelYell Phoenix, AZ

Rented 2 large storage containers for drop off and relocation while moving. They did not follow the instructions left on their website, which they request, and it was a disaster getting it resolved. They tried charging me multiple moving fees and extra storage days. Had to resolve through their main HQ in Florida but I will never use them again!

take7 Sandy, UT

Was hard to lock in a quoted price on the spot because I needed to speak to my husband so I didn't get that price and had to research and then get another quote. It was overpriced for me for the time I needed it but they were friendly.

Reckholdt Draper, UT

Pods are super easy and convenient to use. They make the whole process simple. We were able to use these when we made our move across country. Would defined recommend it.

Cam McClellan Magna, UT

Pods are very easy to use and allow you a little bit more flexibility with time to load your part up. I also liked the idea of not having to drive a big truck across multiple states.

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

When we moved from Ohio to Arizona, we used Pods because it was the best value for our money. All our belongings arrived in Arizona on time and in great condition.

Michelle McC Chicago, IL

Used them with our last move. Rate was fair and they deliver on time

russbayles West Valley City, UT

The idea of having a pod dropped off to your house and you pack it, then when your done they pick it up and deliver is great. Customer service needs help with communication but overall a easy move.

SkylarPickens Gulfport, MS

PODS was very helpful when my family and i were moving. I got the best deal for the truck and the costumer service was awesome !

Summer Morris (Logan) Riverton, UT

We used pods when we were moving & it was easy, simple and they were quick with delivery & the loading & unloading was awesome

Angelina Hamilton Jackson, MS

I really like how I can load my things into the Pod and they will pick it up and deliver it to my destination. Really helps the move!

Tony Riverton, UT

Used a POD briefly while we were waiting for our house to get finished. Such a convenient way to temporarily store and relocate your belongings.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Pods is a great moving company if you’re not moving far. The process can be grueling when taking a Pod cross country.

deborah cook Hamilton, OH

I like the pods but not enough room for my stuff

Jill Dastrup Eagle Mountain, UT

Easiest way to move!! Makes life so much easier!!

Tagg Ogden, UT

Pods are so easy to use. You just load them up and they deliver them to your next location.