Penske Truck Logo
Founded on December 1, 1969, Penske Truck Rental offers do-it-yourself movers well-maintained rental trucks as well as moving equipment, packing supplies, accessories, 24/7 Roadside Assistance, and a network of thousands of truck rental locations across the United States and Canada.

The Good

• Discounts
  • Moving Supplies and Services
  • Roadsite Assistance

Discounts

Penske Truck Rental offers multiple discount offers and deals. Of all the national truck rental companies, only Penske offers free unlimited miles on one-way truck rentals anywhere in the United States. Other companies charge for miles over a certain amount. Penske offers the following discounts:
  • AAA members discounts on truck rentals and moving supplies
  • Military discount off truck rentals at more than 2,200 convenient locations
  • College student discounts of 10 percent on all truck rentals plus
  • An additional 10 percent discount if you book your one-way rental online

Moving Supplies and Services

Having additional moving supplies and services is the key to making your move simple and convenient. Penske Truck Rentals offers the following resources:
  • Towing equipment
  • Moving boxes and supplies
  • Self storage
  • Moving labor

Roadside Assistance

Penske offers 24/7 roadside assistance with your Penske equipment, such as truck-flat tire, mechanical problems, fluid leakage, etc. The roadside assistance is available 365 days a year at any time of the day, because accidents do not take vacations.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Prices
  • Additional Fees

Undisclosed Prices

Unfortunately Penske does not disclose prices on trucks, moving supplies and labor. You can request a free quote on their website by providing your contact information and details about your move. Prices on the moving boxes, towing equipment, moving labor and other resources is not disclosed as well. Knowing the prices that might cost you to move is a simple way to reduce stress and compare moving services near you.

Additional Fees

To cancel your reservation with Penske or add additional days to your move might cost you some extra fees. You can cancel your reservation up to 48 hours prior to your pickup date for no additional charge. If you cancel within 48 hours of your pickup date, there is a $100 cancellation fee. If you add days prior to your pickup date, your additional days would be $50 each, and if you add days after you pick up the truck, your additional days would be $100 each.

The Bottom Line

Penske Truck Rental has over 45 years of experience in moving resources. They offer multiple resources and services to make your move easy and stress free. Also, you can find additional discount offers and deals if you qualify for them; however, undisclosed prices and additional fees will make it difficult to know how much your move will cost you and what additional fees you might face during your move.

Lisa C Johnson Washington, DC

We used Penske for moving mulch for a Boy Scout fundraiser. We packed alot of mulch in the truck to deliver to customers. The truck was comfortable and easy to drive. It was also one of the most reasonable rentals at the time. It served its purpose.

Brad H Gilbert, AZ

We. have. used the Penske truck rental service.at least twice to move our daughter to Portland Oregon and to Provo Utah. I really liked this company. They are very fair in how much. their charge often being lower than their competitors. I also like not having to pay by the mile but only by the day. The. check in and. check out. process for the trucks has always been very easy and efficient. I really like that they have. partnered with. Home Depot as a drop off site which is very conveninent. Their trucks are clean and run very well. Never had a problem with the mechanics of the truck. Overall I really like this company

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

We have used Penske for 2 major moves and both times we were extremely satisfied! The trucks are well maintained and serviced and i never had to worry if it would break down. The rates were very fair with no hidden costs. The customer service was great and always very patient in answering questions. Pick up and drop off were quick and easy. They also have unlimited miles which is really helpful. No hidden fees. Whenever we need a moving truck, we look at Penske first!

Zac Cannon Norcross, GA

I had to drive a Penske truck for an independent percussion ensemble that I work with while we were attending WGI World Championships in Dayton, OH. The truck we used was great and got amazing gas mileage. We drove to several towns for our shows and I never had to fill up the take the entire weekend we were in Dayton. The director had to fill it before turning it in and it was just at below half a tank when he turned it in.

Terin Layton, UT

We used Penske trucks in our last move and were happy with them. They worked well and had trucks big enough for what we needed. The only issue is they go so slow but I can understand why.

Trey Farner Norcross, GA

During band, my drumline did not have enough space to store all of our equipment, so we had to rent a Penske truck and doing so really helped us out, it had enough space for all of our equipment, it had a lift on the back of it to help us out, and was really easy to use.

Dwhoush Slidell, LA

The Penske trucks I have rented have been great! The customer service I’ve received from even the independent dealers was great. The trucks were always in decent condition and if I was done early, I could bring it back early!

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

I have used Penske Truck for a long move out of state just once. But it was a great experience. They rented me a late model truck that was comfortable and reliable to use. The truck was bigger than I needed but was surprisingly economical on fuel. I appreciate the overall pricing and the reservations service that it came with.

Lawrence Lee Provo, UT

Like with Uhaul, Penske is very reliable. The process of renting and returning the moving trucks were painless. They do the job well and it's a great option still for moving! No complaints as it's all pretty straight forward. Key is to get someone who knows what they're doing to help with the organization of your stuff to make sure nothing falls or breaks in transit!

Mickey Mangum Long Beach, MS

We used Penske to move our marching band around for several years. The trucks are of great quality and always clean. The service was great when we picked up and turned in. Never had any issues getting equipment when we needed it. Great company.

Christopher Whiting Los Angeles, CA

Good company. Trucks are a little higher set than the uhaul trucks but don't have wheel wells inside them. Always a nice truck but can be a little more pricey.

Wendy Liu Bethesda, MD

Penske was super affordable and renting a moving truck was super easy as the staff were very nice and corporative! We moved from Boston to Maryland and the truck worked like new, the returning process was also super easy! Totally recommend Penske!

Joannetta Jarman Secaucus, NJ

Great sized trucks for driving far distances, the prices are a bit steep but you get your moneys worth for sure.

Kevin Fallon Wilmington, DE

On July 15th 2017 I had a reservation for a 16 foot truck to help my family with a residential move. I went to the 350 S. Main St., Newark, DE 19711 location and found they did not have a 16 foot truck. This made my move horrendous. We received a smaller truck, had to make multiple trips, and ruining the ENTIRE weekend, when it was only to have been a half of a day. I was assured I would have a truck and did not. I am not sure what kind of business takes reservations but does not honor them? I will not be using them in the future.

Dave_ Layton, UT

Prices were reasonable for the rental of the truck. There was plenty of space so we had few trips to move all of our stuff.

Ashley Ulibarri Sandy, UT

We rent trucks quite often and Penske is always our first choice. I feel like the pricing is great and there is always availability.

Bryndie Managua, MN

Super nice employees who were very helpful with our rental. The truck was in good condition and I didn’t worry about the safety of the items I was transferring while moving them.

Daphne Brown Riverton, UT

I rented one recently and it was a great experience. They had a great truck with some impressive features to make a good trip for me. The price was pretty high compared to others.

Valerie Beus Richland, WA

We use Penske for all of our moves. It is good customer service and a good price.

Cohen Olson Smithfield, UT

It’s a great company and able to move across the country or to another city and it is very affordable!!

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

Penske is a great option for moving. They have great prices and the trucks are nice and easy to operate. They are a sure way to go.

DeeDee G. Norcross, GA

With being in a band organization, Penske is all we use! Very easy to load things on, and the elevator on it is VERY useful for heavy equipment.

Clayton Parry Mesquite, TX

Best trucks! They will typically beat out the price of a U-Haul and you get more space. Plus their trucks are usually newer.

Roman Christiansen Pleasant Grove, UT

Penske Truck moving service is very efficient and helped my family through a move. Everything got to the house on time and with no damage!

Tony Riverton, UT

Moved from ID to UT with a Penske truck. It was brand new, clean, and ran much better than the UHaul I used in a previous move. Great price too!

Emily Grossman Houston, TX

Penske is an amazing moving brand! You can rent the trucks out yourself which saves money!!

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Penske Truck rentals in the past, but usually they are higher priced and not very convenient.

LoertscherL Riverton, UT

Every time I have rented from Penske it has been seamless and easy. Both for business and home I highly recommend.

Matt Campbell Lynnwood, WA

In a recent side by side comparison of Penske vs Uhaul my buddy and I recently moved our families from Utah to Washington. Short version, go with Uhaul. Better fuel economy, easier loading, more comfortable, just better value.

Angelina Hamilton Jackson, MS

We have used them a couple of times. Had no problems with the trucks just wish the loading ramp was lower.

Donna Gaddy Long Beach, MS

Used penske for a move one time. The truck was clean and easy to drive. Was happy with rental.

Erin Rhoton Pleasant Grove, UT

Penske Trucks are great for the money. They are a little cheaper than U-Haul and just as reliable.

Van M. Orem, UT

Good company, good price, and I didn't have any problems on my trip which was good.