Budget Truck Logo
LAST UPDATED: May 6th, 2021

Budget Truck s the second largest truck rental company in the continental United States with around 2,800 businesses and 32,000 trucks across the country. Budget is owned and operated by Avis Budget Group, which was spun off from Cendant. Like other truck rental companies, Budget Truck will provide residential customers with moving supplies and tips to help people move.

The Good

• One-Way Destination
  • Time in Business
  • Moving Resources and Services
  • Truck Rental Deals

One-Way Destination

Budget is determined to help the customers by offering on-way destination moves. The hustle of driving a rented truck to its original location is eliminated by offering a specific drop-off location in the state where you have moved to.

Time in Business

Budget has been providing moving services for the last 60 years. Over the years they have been able to gain the trust of their customers and their partners by providing reliable moving services. Budget Truck rental takes pride is how much experience they have as a trusted moving service.

Moving Resources and Services

Budget offers a wide variety of moving services and resources. If you need extra help Budget offers loading and unloading services upon request. Also, you have the option to transport your second car or motorcycle to the desired destination. On their website Budget offers several moving tips and helpful resources for all types of families, individuals, and organizations.

Truck Rental Deals

These are some of the deals you can expect to find when renting moving services from Budget:

• US Military Personnel travelling with orders save 20% of their rental.
  • AARP members save up to 20% Sun–Thu and, and 10% Fri–Sat.
  • Police, Fire, and EMT receive 20% off on local moves and 15% off on one-way moves, any day of the week.
  • Motor Club members receive 20% off on local moves and 15% off on one-way moves, any day of the week.
  • Students receive 20% off local moves and 15% off one-way moves, any day of the week.
  • Bar Association members receive 20% off local rentals and 15% off one-way rentals any day of the week.

The Bad

Undisclosed Prices

Unfortunately Budget does not offer standardized prices on their moving services and resources. You can request a quote on their website by providing your contact information, or you can contact them by telephone to get your quote.

The Bottom Line

Budget Truck rental has been offering its moving services to the residents of the United States for the last 56 years. They have gained the trust of the customers and partners by providing reliable moving services and products. With Budget you can choose from a wide variety of moving services and truck rentals. If you need extra help you can request loading and unloading services. Also, you can find many wonderful discounts and deals when using their products. However, undisclosed prices will make it difficult to know how much your move will cost you and what additional fees you might face during your move.

Hyrum Sandy, UT

I've only used once - it was super cheap and got the job done. It was also in a really convenient location. The office I went to when I picked up my truck was a little slow, but that's really a minor complaint. I used the one way option and it was perfect.

Ryan Larsen Logan, UT

I have used Budget trucks for multiple cross country moves. Their trucks are awesome and always operate as needed. I especially like that their bigger trucks are usually diesel trucks vs gas powered. This provides plenty of power over some of the large hills in the west.

Joannetta Jarman Secaucus, NJ

We like them a lot for our catering business and travelling around the southeast for working with clients. Great prices!

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Budget Truck before for moves and they were easy to schedule, the price was reasonable, the truck was big enough to get the job done and easy to drive and I liked the lower loading ramp. Easy to return as well.

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

The title of the Company is what wins me over. If you're looking for a great price on a moving truck, and you're on a budget, this is the company to go to. And there's usually a promo code that can be applied on the purchase.

Mark Wells Dallas, TX

Hands down the lowest price in the area. Every time I reserve a truck there's always one available and the man who runs my local shop is the nicest man on Earth. I wouldn't think of using any other service.

Steven Klaproth Phoenix, AZ

Budget trucks are always clean and well maintained. They offer competitive rates and excellent customer service.

Jeremy Webb Covington, LA

Great daily rates with no mileage deals! A lot better than Uhaul. Trucks are nice and the employees are really helpful! Would definitely recommend over Uhaul!

Logan Hudson Norcross, GA

Budget truck has been a better experience with rental trucks than any other. Pricing is better and the overall quality is better in the vehicles. I would highly recommend Budget to others.

Sarah Russie Clearfield, UT

Pretty nice and reliable product and company. Better condition on vessels and vehicles than some rental places. Need to use fragrance free cleaners and methods for keeping vehicles clean, though, as they can be aggravating to health.

Cristopher Andrews Dacula, GA

This service is ridiculously good and quick. The staff doesn't ask much questions, they just get the job done. Perfect

Christopher Whiting Los Angeles, CA

Good company. Not as many locations where I am but not too hard to track one down. They often have good deals.

Abby Stubbs Roy, UT

Used a rental truck to move twice now. While I give it four stars for the price, it drops to three stars for the quality of truck. Both times I have used Budget, the truck has been super run down and gross.

Rathan Kumar Trabuco Canyon, CA

I rented a budget truck to move across country and the rental process and driving was smooth. I also finished my drive early, and they let me return my truck early and get a refund on the day I didnt use!

Jackson Barousse Irving, TX

used to move out of my house. Very inexpensive with a lot of room for storage in the back. Would use for any moves I need.

jkenny90 Houston, TX

The trucks that I have rented have always been in good shape and well maintained including getting me from Louisiana to Ohio and back.

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Budget Truck many times in the past and it is because of their good rates and convenience.

Erin Glendening Livingston, LA

I like how affordable budget truck is. Their contact is low in liability. I would definitely use budget truck again.

Mykahla Nelson Managua, MN

This rental truck was awesome it was not very expensive. It was awesome for the price and offers different sizes.

Zac Cannon Long Beach, MS

Trucks are nice and affordable and ride well! The prices are reasonable and the seats have all be comfortable.

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

We used a Budget truck on our last move. The truck was in great shape, comfortable, and the price was incredible.

Dwhoush Slidell, LA

Budget trucks have been very good to me. The trucks were exactly as I reserved. They were more beat up compared to other truck companies.

AGenes Eagle Mountain, UT

My go to moving truck company. Always have the best deals. Never had any problems.

Bryndie Managua, MN

Loved working with budget! Very reasonable prices, super nice employees, an easy process overall

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

We used their trucks to move some items from our home. They were helpful and were affordable.