Safeway Moving System Logo

Safeway Moving System

8.1

Janet Plainfield, NJ

This company is the most legit company I have ever worked with. So fast and very professional. All of my belongings were packed perfectly. Nothing was broken scratched etc. THEY ARE THE BEST! I can’t recommend this moving company and movers enough!

Morgan Webster Hawley, PA

When I got to my new apartment best company moved in everything and set it up exactly the way I wanted it set up without any hesitation. The two guys that came were super friendly and extremely professional. Recommended to all.

Wiley Torphy Kalispell, MT

Really professional, fast, kind, and they didn't try to rush me - sometimes when you are moving you just need an extra moment to think! This is the second time we've used Safeway Moving System and will be strongly recommending them to everyone we know.

Philip Houston Webster, FL

Always the best and most efficient. Our loft has a spiral staircase and these guys did a fantastic job to move everything! This is the 6th time I moved in the CT, and the Safeway Moving System are by far, I really mean, by far the best! 5 stars without a doubt!

Tim Dornford Miami, FL

Great company! Affordable, reliable and got everything to me in 1 piece!

Jojo T Woodside, NY

I had the pleasure of working with Safeway Moving System. I worked with Mitch and by far the most stellar representative and professional to work with. I had a successful move from Brooklyn to Fort Lauderdale during the pandemic and everything was flawless. I highly recommend this company and continue to refer my fellow New Yorkers who all plan to leave to other cities.

Kirill Yag Brooklyn, NY

Hired Safeway Moving to go from Brooklyn NY -> Boston MA, best decision I’ve made. A good friend recommended the company and I didn’t think twice. The move was very smooth and best part, very affordable!! $$ Got a quick estimate in the beginning, and was happy with the price...in the end paid exactly that which is amazing because usually many companies tack on hidden charges and fees which can be very frustrating. The crew was very professional and my things were taken care of very well. Overall, a great experience and i would definitely recommend!!

Liya Estronza Lakeland, FL

I was amazed by the white glove treatment I received. From start to end the transition was seamless. I couldn’t be happier.

Tyler Beaverton, OR

Safeway Moving Systems LLC (Chicago based) Chris - point of contact, completely ghosted us after signing the contract Prime Relocation Services (Sacramento based) Movers - Dani + Frankie (could have also been contracted out) Dispatch - someone horrible don’t know her name, hung up on me day of delivery Safeway will sweet talk you and provide you a contract that seems fairly straight forward. You should not trust this as the actual cost. You will be forced to sign separate contracts. The company that Safeway decides to contract your move out to, will not honor the Safeway contract and this will be used to get additional fees out of you. We weren’t aware of a second forced contract, and I say forced because we were in a position that we had no other option. They showed up the day of the move, claimed our cubic feet was 200 feet more than the estimate. Now I understand estimates, but to be off by 200 feet is not even a close estimate in my opinion, and this was after I’d described our inventory three times to two separate people. It was the day of the move, we only had two days left on our current lease, we had no choice but to sign as there was no time to find another option and we’d already paid a hefty deposit. Another couple of examples of the fee gouging, Safeway’s contract says a flight of stairs is 12 steps, Prime Relocation Services says 7, but this was not mentioned until drop off, so we were hit with another $300 additional for stairs at delivery. We were also nickel and dimed for packing materials, $67 for cling wrap and tape, which were supposedly included according to Safeway. The truck that arrives for your things, will not be the same truck that drops them off, so your things will be moved several times. We were charged an additional fee of $350 for this changing of trucks even though we weren’t aware until after our things were already on a smaller moving truck. This, naturally, increases the chance of damage and/or lost items. Several of our furniture pieces were dented, scratched and/or broken and many of the boxes arrived torn or shredded. But you won’t be able to do anything about this either, because the people who loaded our things marked nearly every single item on our inventory as “scratched.” How convenient for them now that all of our things arrived gouged, scratched, and dented. The driver who delivered our items claims they don’t work for Safeway or Prime Relocation at all and repeatedly asked to be paid in cash stating that otherwise, “we will ask for our money over and over if you don’t pay in cash they will not give us our money.” When I called dispatch to inquire about this, I was told to “have a nice day,” and hung up on. Scams for everyone involved it seems. When I asked what company this driver works for, he said his own LLC, but refused more than once to give me the name of his company because he didn’t want to be blamed for Prime Relocation Services. In the beginning, we were looking at a $3K move, by the time we were all swindled and ghosted, we paid over $5K.

Melissa D Nashville, TN

We chose this company particularly because they seemed to be more serious and professional than the others, even though they were a lot more expensive. They convinced us by telling us that with them, there are no “hidden cost”, what you pay upfront is what it is. We were extremely disappointed by their service. The communication was bad, they did not follow up with us to inform us of when our moving would be delivered. We finally got our things 14 days later, but we had a really bad experience: they asked us to pay an extra amount of money, in cash (they would not accept anything else!), on a Sunday, and when we argued that we were not aware and did not agree with such an increase in rate (about $1000), they basically told us it’s either you pay or we keep your stuff. The customer service was absolutely terrible. A salesman told us over the phone in a condescending ton that we were aware of the extra charge and that it’s either we pay or we don’t get our things! They also mentioned that we were informed over over the phone that an additional charge may apply if the truck was too big for our street and a transfer needed to be done to a smaller truck. I asked them to send us the recording, since we absolutely did not remember getting this info over the phone. They never sent the recording. The truck they left with from NYC and the truck they arrived in in Nashville were completely different, so we did not anticipate that the truck was too big for our street. The worst part is that there was a huge parking lot on our street where they could have parked to avoid us paying a fee and then moving everything from a truck to another, and they refused to use it. They told us they were not allowed. How convenient! Finally, a few items were missing from the truck, and it took us almost 1 month to get compensation of $50! We fell trapped, robbed and that it was a complete rip off. Overall, moving a 600 sq ft studio apartment from NYC to Nashville cost us over $4,000! Don’t trust this company, they will rob you!

Samantha Walsh Charlotte, NC

This company is Criminal! Absolute worst experience of my life and they STILL haven't delivered my things after taking possession of them on 10/26/20. I moved from Seattle, WA to Charlotte, NC and did a lot of research on a reputable moving company before making such a long distance relocation. The sales rep that handled my case and sold me on their company completely lied blew a bunch of smoke with false advertising and promises, and did not act with integrity. Not only does the company still have possession of all my things, they haven't even left Seattle after 2 MONTHS. They have insulted me, refuse to refund me any money or release my things so I can find someone else to deliver them over to Charlotte. This company refuses to return any of my calls weeks on end and even has gone to the extent to block my calls. It has been the most stressful and horribly miserable experience I could ever imagine going through on top of living for 2 months across the country without ANY of my things. Lawyers have had to get involved now as well a the Federal Dept. of Transportation. They are under investigation at this point and I pray that no one else ever has to experience what I have with this company. DO NOT USE Safeway Moving Systems LLC.

Elliot Great Falls, VA

The company made an estimate on our move. We believe they intentionally misrepresented our inventory and underestimated the number of boxes so they could have a lower price than competing movers. They told us they believed the estimate was accurate and said it was binding not to exceed the price and told us we "wouldn’t pay a penny more unless [we] went out and bought five grand pianos.” We did not purchase or add any new items. A week before the move they said the estimate was done badly -- he said that things were entered wrong and they needed to add hundreds more boxes and would raise the price by more than $10,000. They said that would include full value replacement, but then sent a new contract without full value replacement. They then said they wouldn't do full value replacement unless we paid yet another $7,000. They attempted to blame us saying we should have known we would have needed more boxes despite their estimator saying that was the number of boxes we need. How were we supposed to know how many boxes we would need? We believe they were intentionally attempting to defraud us. They told us they are going to unilaterally cancel our move and keep our deposit.

Dana Elizabeth Wolf Hayward, CA

We had a terrible experience with Safeway moving systems. We scheduled our move a month in advance and had a guaranteed pickup date - which (a week before the move date) they changed to a 3 day window. And then the dispatcher called and said they couldn't hit the 3 day window. We canceled our order, because they couldn't meet, not only their window, but we were not sure based on poor customer service, that they would even meet the next day. We asked for our deposit back, which they are denying, so now have to involve a lawyer. I am appalled that this company doesn't understand what good customer service is, much less, knows how to make up for it - by reimbursing us. I would absolutely never do business with them again and would suggest to their management that they clarify with customers that "guaranteed" doesn't necessarily mean that. I very rarely write reviews, but this is worth any type-A person knowing...they don't hold up to their brand promise: "Stress free, military precision relocation."

John rivers Land O' Lakes, FL

Great moving company! Guys were incredible! Professional, polite and tended to all of our needs. Highly recommend!

Natalia o Queens, NY

I worked with Robin P. She was amazing super helpful and attentive.

Chrissy Dott Bothell, WA

The people who moved my mothers belonging broke into her cedar chest and stole family heirlooms. For a company that boasts about being for veterans... the thieves stole my late grandfathers war medals, and my late grandmothers jewelry. Precious items that were gifted to her- like the ring they gave her for her 16th birthday. I’ve been run around trying to find information. I’ll find every platform their is and broadcast this theft. That was all she had left of them. Shame on this company.

Ewald Cupertino, CA

They are intelligent, courteous, respectful and professional. I highly recommend their services and will definitely look to them for future moves.

joe iovino Brooksville, FL

GOOD COMPANY EVERYTHING WAS SMOOTH VERY CAREFULL WITH ALL PIECES AND BOXES,ON TIME AND FAST

Delbert Francois Pearl City, HI

They were great; on time and on schedule. They helped put all our bins and bags into wardrobe boxes for efficiency.!

Erika L ,

Horrible! I do not have 1 good thing to say about them. Scams, lies, delay after delay, missing item and then they ghost you!