Safeway Moving System Logo

Safeway Moving System

7.9

Adam W Marina del Rey, CA

If you're going to read any of these reviews for this company (most positive ones are obviously fake), let it be this one: IF YOU HIRE SAFEWAY, YOU ARE GAMBLING WITH YOUR LIFE'S BELONGINGS. I am a real customer (Move #5906691) and I want to make something very clear for anyone considering working with this "company". They are simply middle-men between you and actual movers. This means that when/if you hire them, this is what you're signing up for: 1. You will not know WHO will be moving your possessions until 24-48 hours before your move date when Safeway actually finds someone. Hell, you won't even know WHEN exactly they will show up to move your items and when exactly you can expect them back! 2. This means you will have no time or chance to set up insurance for your items, which is desperately needed since Safeway graciously only covers 60 cents per pound and ONLY on items you have not packed yourself - so if your flatscreen TV breaks, you'll be lucky to receive a whopping $10 of compensation. 3. This also means that you will have no idea of the reputation of the movers who will actually end up coming into your home, loading your belongings, and delivering them to you. TAKE HEED OF THE HORROR STORIES YOU WILL READ, they are very real possibilities when Safeway hires the lowest bidder for your move at the last minute. In my own experience, Safeway made me the following promises which were LIES and happily took my deposit and then ignored my calls as the move date came closer and I desperately needed answers: LIE: They have a partnership with Baker's International who would be happy to insure my items since their own insurance would cover pennies on the dollar. TRUTH: When I reached out to Baker's to set this up, they confirmed that they no longer had any relationship with Safeway. The only way I'd be able to set up insurance for my items was to scramble and do so through whatever company Safeway then decided to hire hours before my actual move date. LIE: They would provide me confirmation of the exact move date and movers they hired no later than 72 hours before my actual move. TRUTH: As mentioned above, starting around the 72 hour mark, my rep, Lisa, went radio-silent as I scrambled to figure out what to do for my cross-country move. LIE: I could update my inventory list at any time during the process, and the price would be adjusted accordingly, even up to the day of the move itself. TRUTH: When I finally got a hold of a rep through their 1-844 number and called to downsize my move since I could not insure my most treasured items, they made up a "minimum" cost threshold which would cost me the same amount as my original quote for a 1 bedroom apartment ($4,500), but with 1/3 of the items. NOWHERE IS THIS STATED IN THEIR BINDING ESTIMATE CONTRACT. NET-NET: You are rolling the dice working with this company and you do not know what you're going to get when it comes to your life's possessions. Worst of all, there is practically zero recourse if/when whatever random moving/logistic companies Safeway pawns your move off to damages or loses your property nor do they give you any time to even attempt to protect yourself.

Pratik King of Prussia, PA

On 2/12/2021 I signed a contract with Safeway Moving Systems LLC and paid 40% advance for my move scheduled for Florida to Pennsylvania. My stuff got picked up from Florida on 2/18/21. The first date of delivery  was 2/22. As of today, 4/12, 50 days later, I have not received my stuff (bed, mattress, cooking utensils, furniture, wardrobe items.......) and have no news of where it is. I have called the customer service regularly, emailed them regularly. The sales guys say talk to Dispatch Manager. The dispatch manager -Jeremy is either unavailable or on another call or sick. They say I will receive a call back but I never do. I have paid 82% of the total quote (40% upfront and 70% of the remaining amount on pick) so far. But, after 50 days of pickup, I still don't have my stuff or any idea of when it's going to be delivered. As I see it, this company took my items, took my money and delivered noting. I don't have any idea if all my house items are lost  or when they will get to me, I also have no assurance on reimbursement etc. As of today, the customer service today told me they have no update and I should receive a call back which, as usual, I didn't receive. Additionally, in these 50 days, they also made a wrong delivery of someone else's stuff to me which they had to then take back. Just imagine paying a handsome amount to move your stuff and then not having it for 50 days and no insight on when you will receive your stuff! I am hoping to see if there is any customer service representative or external organization who can help me escalate this to the right authorities so I can get my items back. Very disappointed and distressed by this event, basically uprooted my entire household.

Doug Ford Miami Beach, FL

THE WORST! DO NOT USE! TOTAL SCAM! Rude staff, broken glass, stolen items, hidden fees and drunk, unsafe movers! I have never had a worst experience with any business in my entire life, then I have with Safeway Moving System. From the moment I moved, through the delivery and well after it has been nothing but problems. They overcharge for a move and then hire the cheapest third party movers. Joe W. the customer service representative completely messed up the consultation and lied. He said it would be $3,575 which is extremely high for a one bedroom move. The movers showed up on the wrong day, they were rude, unprofessional and DRUNK. Yes, drunk! One of the movers reeked of alcohol and was stumbling everywhere. It was so bad, the lead mover had to yell at him. They were screaming and cursing in my apartment hallway to the point that my neighbor called the front desk to complain. No masks were happening either! In California this is illegal and unsafe given the pandemic. I made a comment, and they sighed and grunted and said they don't have any masks. I felt so unsafe I had to vacate the apartment. The one mover wiped his sweat with my bath towels and threw it on the ground. Then they said it would cost an extra $600 cash for a glass table they were never told about. I was never told there would be an extra fee. Very suspicious. They left the place trashed and ruined. So bad, the landlord billed me $600 for marks and damages on the floor and walls they made. Then they said it would deliver in 4-6 weeks and it came in 8 weeks. I called multiple times and they had no idea where the delivery was or how long it would take to deliver. When they finally arrived they told me the day of it would be $500 to shuttle the delivery. I was told specifically by Joe W. I wouldn't need to pay any additional fees especially a shuttle fee. I live in a new open neighborhood with no neighbors. Plenty of space for the truck to park. I was quoted at $3,575 and now had to pay well over $4,300 I did not budget for or agree to. After the delivery we noticed our large $1200 restoration hardware mirror was broken. Glass everywhere! It was conveniently placed in the back behind all other furniture with their $60 moving blanket left to cover it. They purposefully tried to hide it instead of admitting they broke it. Extremely unsafe! Then we realized our $7,000 restoration hardware couch was scratched, stained and damaged. A $1,200 brand new Samsung TV was cracked and destroyed, and ANOTHER $800 photography painting had broken glass everywhere. Who knows what else is missing and destroyed in the boxes. This isn't even including the $800 glass table I paid $500 for and had to leave behind. I called their customer service number MULTIPLE TIMES trying to speak with someone and always was transferred, ignored or told to call back. I then spoke to a manager who was the RUDEST and most UNPROFESSIONAL person I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. He was aggressive and confrontational on the phone. He said it's not their responsibility and all I can do is file a claim. I said this is ridiculous, half the property is destroyed, your movers exposed us to covid and injured us. There's broken glass everywhere. No apology was given, rather he hung up the phone and said "GOOD LUCK". They never even sent the claim. Whatever you do, DO NOT USE SAFEWAY MOVING SYSTEM!

James Centreville, VA

I got an excellent service from Safeway moving. Salesperson was nice quoted us fair price. They packed our items carefully and arrived to our destination safely. Everything was excellent thank you.

Clint Union City, CA

These guys finished a ten-hour job before us, and worked really hard and really efficiently until almost 11 o'clock at night. They all had positive attitudes and they are great workers! I would recommend them to help your move any day!

Lonzo Los Angeles, CA

They were very professional and extremely quick while being careful not to damage our stuff. They had to take apart and re-assemble a platform bed which they did very well. Nothing was scratched or damaged. They had us out of our old place and into our new one before noon! From now on-wards, I will only use Safeway Moving Company for my moves.

Ryan Clearwater, FL

They arrived on time, everything was packed with care, they took the time they estimated, it arrived to my destination on time, and I paid exactly the quote I was given. I would definitely recommend Safeway Moving System if you wanna devoid yourself of the moving headache.

Felton Philadelphia, PA

For the day of move, I worked with John and his team. From the get go, I was highly impressed by how fast yet careful and efficient they were in moving our things. It was a memorable moving experience for me. Highly recommended.

Everardo Portage, MI

William and his team are super professional and offer stellar service! They responded with a reasonable quote very quickly and were flexible with my schedule for pick-up and delivery. I will definitely suggest everyone to work with Safeway Moving System company!

Janet Plainfield, NJ

This company is the most legit company I have ever worked with. So fast and very professional. All of my belongings were packed perfectly. Nothing was broken scratched etc. THEY ARE THE BEST! I can’t recommend this moving company and movers enough!

Morgan Webster Hawley, PA

When I got to my new apartment best company moved in everything and set it up exactly the way I wanted it set up without any hesitation. The two guys that came were super friendly and extremely professional. Recommended to all.

Wiley Torphy Kalispell, MT

Really professional, fast, kind, and they didn't try to rush me - sometimes when you are moving you just need an extra moment to think! This is the second time we've used Safeway Moving System and will be strongly recommending them to everyone we know.

Philip Houston Webster, FL

Always the best and most efficient. Our loft has a spiral staircase and these guys did a fantastic job to move everything! This is the 6th time I moved in the CT, and the Safeway Moving System are by far, I really mean, by far the best! 5 stars without a doubt!

Arielle D Kalamazoo, MI

They were very nice and professional, and there were no surprises with additional charges during or after the move.

Sweta Sharma Austin, TX

BIG WARNING!!! Don't get fooled by SafeWay Moving Systems. Our experience with them has been a nightmare. They repeatedly change their words, they haven't delivered our belongings and it's already been a month even though they promised 14 days. We had to spend thousand of dollars in hotel in the middle of Covid when expecting a child because of how terrible SafeWay Moving System and their service is. I highly recommend people DON'T USE THEIR SERVICE.

Sarah McCoy Virginia Beach, VA

Buyer beware, poor SF, CA > Virginia This company is the pits, I wish I’d done more research because they are not transparent but then act like their service is stellar. I should have known it would be bad when they assured me repeatedly that they’d give me 48 hours notice for the pickup, of which they give you a 3-day window, only to call me at 3:30 pm Saturday - literally the DAY BEFORE picking up my stuff. So they didn’t even give me 24-hour notice. Then, you’ll see that they rushed the pickup only to let my stuff sit in San Francisco for 4 weeks! They contract the people who actually come and pick up your stuff. Those guys were fine for the pickup in San Francisco. But I’m honestly terrified after reading these reviews of what it’s going to be like for my delivery. Which btw is another awful part of their customer service (or lack thereof). You talk to a person at Safeway who goes over your list of items and briefly covers the process. They ask you a question about when the earliest day is that you could receive your delivery. But they fail to explain that whatever date you give them is actually 21 days AFTER when they will be delivering your stuff. Ok so they picked my stuff up on 1/24 and I told them I’d be in my house by the 31st thinking there’s no rush and since I’m moving across the country, I’ll give it cushion. Wrong, that only has delayed the delivery even more! So here we are and now it’s February 19th. I call to find out when my stuff will be here and it’s been FOUR WEEKS since they picked it up. My stuff hasn’t even left San Francisco! I’ve been in Virginia for 4 weeks without my belongings. Their customer service agent told me today that they have until 21 days from the time you say your earliest available time to receive your delivery is to even SCHEDULE THE DELIVERY! Can you believe this pile of turd BS? So on Monday I’m supposed to find out when I’ll get my stuff I guess? I don’t trust a word that comes out if these people’s mouths. And if they EVEN try to pull some stuff with me about living on a country road and needing to change trucks I will lose my mind on them. I will update my review following the delivery. At this point I’m not sure how my opinion could be changed and what’s even worse is I recommended them to my manager who is also moving across the country and had issues with their quote being off by a large amount. Mine also ended up being about $2k over the initial quote. Lesson learned: sell your stuff, just get rid of it - you’ll be hating everything you own and thought you couldn’t live without if your move goes like this one and if you only need keepsakes and heirlooms I still say find something solid - doubt it’s this company. Finally, pretty sure all of the 5 star reviews are fake and oddly all moves to and from NJ... or “military family” - I call BS.

Tyler Beaverton, OR

Safeway Moving Systems LLC (Chicago based) Chris - point of contact, completely ghosted us after signing the contract Prime Relocation Services (Sacramento based) Movers - Dani + Frankie (could have also been contracted out) Dispatch - someone horrible don’t know her name, hung up on me day of delivery Safeway will sweet talk you and provide you a contract that seems fairly straight forward. You should not trust this as the actual cost. You will be forced to sign separate contracts. The company that Safeway decides to contract your move out to, will not honor the Safeway contract and this will be used to get additional fees out of you. We weren’t aware of a second forced contract, and I say forced because we were in a position that we had no other option. They showed up the day of the move, claimed our cubic feet was 200 feet more than the estimate. Now I understand estimates, but to be off by 200 feet is not even a close estimate in my opinion, and this was after I’d described our inventory three times to two separate people. It was the day of the move, we only had two days left on our current lease, we had no choice but to sign as there was no time to find another option and we’d already paid a hefty deposit. Another couple of examples of the fee gouging, Safeway’s contract says a flight of stairs is 12 steps, Prime Relocation Services says 7, but this was not mentioned until drop off, so we were hit with another $300 additional for stairs at delivery. We were also nickel and dimed for packing materials, $67 for cling wrap and tape, which were supposedly included according to Safeway. The truck that arrives for your things, will not be the same truck that drops them off, so your things will be moved several times. We were charged an additional fee of $350 for this changing of trucks even though we weren’t aware until after our things were already on a smaller moving truck. This, naturally, increases the chance of damage and/or lost items. Several of our furniture pieces were dented, scratched and/or broken and many of the boxes arrived torn or shredded. But you won’t be able to do anything about this either, because the people who loaded our things marked nearly every single item on our inventory as “scratched.” How convenient for them now that all of our things arrived gouged, scratched, and dented. The driver who delivered our items claims they don’t work for Safeway or Prime Relocation at all and repeatedly asked to be paid in cash stating that otherwise, “we will ask for our money over and over if you don’t pay in cash they will not give us our money.” When I called dispatch to inquire about this, I was told to “have a nice day,” and hung up on. Scams for everyone involved it seems. When I asked what company this driver works for, he said his own LLC, but refused more than once to give me the name of his company because he didn’t want to be blamed for Prime Relocation Services. In the beginning, we were looking at a $3K move, by the time we were all swindled and ghosted, we paid over $5K.

Melissa D Nashville, TN

We chose this company particularly because they seemed to be more serious and professional than the others, even though they were a lot more expensive. They convinced us by telling us that with them, there are no “hidden cost”, what you pay upfront is what it is. We were extremely disappointed by their service. The communication was bad, they did not follow up with us to inform us of when our moving would be delivered. We finally got our things 14 days later, but we had a really bad experience: they asked us to pay an extra amount of money, in cash (they would not accept anything else!), on a Sunday, and when we argued that we were not aware and did not agree with such an increase in rate (about $1000), they basically told us it’s either you pay or we keep your stuff. The customer service was absolutely terrible. A salesman told us over the phone in a condescending ton that we were aware of the extra charge and that it’s either we pay or we don’t get our things! They also mentioned that we were informed over over the phone that an additional charge may apply if the truck was too big for our street and a transfer needed to be done to a smaller truck. I asked them to send us the recording, since we absolutely did not remember getting this info over the phone. They never sent the recording. The truck they left with from NYC and the truck they arrived in in Nashville were completely different, so we did not anticipate that the truck was too big for our street. The worst part is that there was a huge parking lot on our street where they could have parked to avoid us paying a fee and then moving everything from a truck to another, and they refused to use it. They told us they were not allowed. How convenient! Finally, a few items were missing from the truck, and it took us almost 1 month to get compensation of $50! We fell trapped, robbed and that it was a complete rip off. Overall, moving a 600 sq ft studio apartment from NYC to Nashville cost us over $4,000! Don’t trust this company, they will rob you!

Samantha Walsh Charlotte, NC

This company is Criminal! Absolute worst experience of my life and they STILL haven't delivered my things after taking possession of them on 10/26/20. I moved from Seattle, WA to Charlotte, NC and did a lot of research on a reputable moving company before making such a long distance relocation. The sales rep that handled my case and sold me on their company completely lied blew a bunch of smoke with false advertising and promises, and did not act with integrity. Not only does the company still have possession of all my things, they haven't even left Seattle after 2 MONTHS. They have insulted me, refuse to refund me any money or release my things so I can find someone else to deliver them over to Charlotte. This company refuses to return any of my calls weeks on end and even has gone to the extent to block my calls. It has been the most stressful and horribly miserable experience I could ever imagine going through on top of living for 2 months across the country without ANY of my things. Lawyers have had to get involved now as well a the Federal Dept. of Transportation. They are under investigation at this point and I pray that no one else ever has to experience what I have with this company. DO NOT USE Safeway Moving Systems LLC.

Elliot Great Falls, VA

The company made an estimate on our move. We believe they intentionally misrepresented our inventory and underestimated the number of boxes so they could have a lower price than competing movers. They told us they believed the estimate was accurate and said it was binding not to exceed the price and told us we "wouldn’t pay a penny more unless [we] went out and bought five grand pianos.” We did not purchase or add any new items. A week before the move they said the estimate was done badly -- he said that things were entered wrong and they needed to add hundreds more boxes and would raise the price by more than $10,000. They said that would include full value replacement, but then sent a new contract without full value replacement. They then said they wouldn't do full value replacement unless we paid yet another $7,000. They attempted to blame us saying we should have known we would have needed more boxes despite their estimator saying that was the number of boxes we need. How were we supposed to know how many boxes we would need? We believe they were intentionally attempting to defraud us. They told us they are going to unilaterally cancel our move and keep our deposit.

Dana Elizabeth Wolf Hayward, CA

We had a terrible experience with Safeway moving systems. We scheduled our move a month in advance and had a guaranteed pickup date - which (a week before the move date) they changed to a 3 day window. And then the dispatcher called and said they couldn't hit the 3 day window. We canceled our order, because they couldn't meet, not only their window, but we were not sure based on poor customer service, that they would even meet the next day. We asked for our deposit back, which they are denying, so now have to involve a lawyer. I am appalled that this company doesn't understand what good customer service is, much less, knows how to make up for it - by reimbursing us. I would absolutely never do business with them again and would suggest to their management that they clarify with customers that "guaranteed" doesn't necessarily mean that. I very rarely write reviews, but this is worth any type-A person knowing...they don't hold up to their brand promise: "Stress free, military precision relocation."

Liya Estronza Lakeland, FL

I was amazed by the white glove treatment I received. From start to end the transition was seamless. I couldn’t be happier.

Tim Dornford Miami, FL

Great company! Affordable, reliable and got everything to me in 1 piece!

John rivers Land O' Lakes, FL

Great moving company! Guys were incredible! Professional, polite and tended to all of our needs. Highly recommend!

Chrissy Dott Bothell, WA

The people who moved my mothers belonging broke into her cedar chest and stole family heirlooms. For a company that boasts about being for veterans... the thieves stole my late grandfathers war medals, and my late grandmothers jewelry. Precious items that were gifted to her- like the ring they gave her for her 16th birthday. I’ve been run around trying to find information. I’ll find every platform their is and broadcast this theft. That was all she had left of them. Shame on this company.

Ewald Cupertino, CA

They are intelligent, courteous, respectful and professional. I highly recommend their services and will definitely look to them for future moves.

Natalia o Queens, NY

I worked with Robin P. She was amazing super helpful and attentive.

Delbert Francois Pearl City, HI

They were great; on time and on schedule. They helped put all our bins and bags into wardrobe boxes for efficiency.!

joe iovino Brooksville, FL

GOOD COMPANY EVERYTHING WAS SMOOTH VERY CAREFULL WITH ALL PIECES AND BOXES,ON TIME AND FAST

Erika L ,

Horrible! I do not have 1 good thing to say about them. Scams, lies, delay after delay, missing item and then they ghost you!