Everyone needs an advocate when it comes to safety. A great way to feel this safety is to insure your motorcycle. Whether you’re out on a summer joy-ride or have your bike stored for the winter, Allstate motorcycle insurance will help you protect not only your motorcycle, but you as well, helping you ride with peace of mind.
- Knowledgeable Agents
Like most insurance providers, Allstate provides Liability, Collision, Comprehensive, and Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage.
Other coverage includes:
- Bodily Injury
- Property damage
- Medial payments
- Personal injury protection
- Towing and Labor
- Rental Reimbursement
- Motorcycle and off-road vehicle transport trailer damage
- Lease/loan gap
- Optional or added equipment
Your personal motorcycle insurance policy comes with the support of a personal agent who is eager to help you. Not only do these agents know the special needs of motorcycle riders, but they can help you with the following:
- Find discounts so you can save more money
- Create an insurance quote
- Better understand coverage and what your policy protects
- Answer your questions about claims
- Provide information on how to better care for your motorcycle
Allstate provides a variety of ways for your to save on your motorcycle insurance. The following are some of the most common discounts:
- Multiple motorcycle discount — Having more than one motorcycle insured by Allstate can save you between 10–15 percent.
- Multi-policy discount —You can save up to 30 percent if you have your auto, home, or almost anything else insured by Allstate.
- Good Rider discount — If you ride for 60 months without an at-fault accident or anything more than a minor violation, you can get up to a 10 percent discount.
- Transfer discount — If you switch from another insurance provider to Allstate you will be welcomed with up to a 10 percent discount.
- Motorcycle organization discount — If you are a member of the American Motorcycle Association, BMW Motorcycle Owners of America, Gold Wing Touring or Road Rider Association, Harley Owners Group, Honda Riders Club of America, Motorcycle Safety Foundation or Motorcycle Touring Association, you can save up to 10 percent on bodily injury liability and property damage liability coverage premiums.
- Motorcycle safety course discount — Voluntarily passing a motorcycle safe driving program within 36 months can get you an extra 5 percent in savings.
- Lack of Coverage
Lack of Coverage
The hardest part of getting in an accident (other than the frustration), is not being covered. This becomes even more frustrating when you are paying for insurance, but in some clause somewhere it limits your coverage to very specific instances. Allstate’s motorcycle insurance does not always cover everything that happens to your bike depending on the plan that you are paying for. Make sure that you do extensive research and record all the information that you are given to ensure fair treatment.
Some customers have needed to call and file claims or have needed assistance and have been routed to outsourced call centers in other countries. This has caused frustration and multiple calls were necessary in order to get the help needed. Other customers have mentioned that there have been differences in opinion between adjusters and insurance agents and lower coverage given as result.
The Bottom Line
Motorcycle insurance is not going to be cheap, but it should be worth it. If you are looking to insure a bike, it could be advantageous to get a quote and talk to an agent to see if this is the right provider for you. Make sure that you ask about coverage options for each of the plans in order to best understand the coverage offered before signing any paperwork. We would recommend Allstate as long as you first educate yourself on exact coverage.