This company may not service all states.
See states serviced
LAST UPDATED: June 7th, 2022
Leonard Mortgage Group, Licensed Mortgage Professionals for Cardinal Financial Company, is a local Georgia boutique Mortgage Broker and Mortgage Lender, providing borrowers with a one-stop shop for all home purchase and refinance needs.
The company’s founder, Jeremy Leonard, brings over a decade of experience with specific expertise in assisting first-time homebuyers, veterans, and active duty service men and women.
Leonard Mortgage Group offers purchase and refinance options on fixed rate loans, adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) loans, FHA loans, and VA loans.
Powered by Success Mortgage Partners, Inc, Leonard Mortgage Group provides services in Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee.
- One-Stop Comparison Shop
- Variety of Loan Types
- Instant Rate Quote and Closing Costs
- Fast Pre-approval Guarantee
- Home Refinance Options
- Helpful Mortgage Calculators
One-Stop Comparison Shop
Leonard Mortgage Group is a boutique mortgage broker and mortgage lender, meaning that it works with multiple lenders, allowing you to comparison shop all in one place and find the most competitive rates and loan options based on your individual needs and finances. This can simplify the overall mortgage loan process and help you secure the lowest rate possible.
Variety of Loan Types
To meet the varied needs of mortgage borrowers, Leonard Mortgage Group offers the following loan types:
- Fixed Rate Loan — 30-, 25-, 20-, 15-, and 10-year terms loans are available. A minimum credit score of approximately 620 is required and a minimum down payment of 5%. You can qualify post-bankruptcy (after 4 years), post-foreclosure (after 7 years), and post-short-sale (after 2 years, but other restrictions may apply).
- Adjustable Mortgage Rate (ARM) Loan — 7- and 10-year terms are available. This can be a good option if you intend to refinance or sell in an unexpected timeframe.
- FHA Loan — Backed by the Federal Housing Administration, you can buy a home with as little as a 3.5% down payment. A credit score of at least 620 is required to qualify, as well as a reasonable debt-to-income ratio.
- VA Loan — Available to veteran and active military borrowers with a 0% down payment with competitive interest rates. No private mortgage insurance (PMI) is required.
Leonard Mortgage Group will assist in personalizing your mortgage experience by working with you to find the best mortgage loan option to fit your needs.
Instant Rate Quote and Closing Costs
On the Leonard Mortgage Group website you can instantly get a rate quote, including closing costs, by providing some basic information. Upon receiving your rate quote and closing cost analysis you aren’t obligated to complete the loan application process.
Fast Pre-approval Guarantee
If you choose to complete a mortgage application with Leonard Mortgage Group you will receive a pre-approval letter within 24 hours or less, allowing you to quickly complete the process of finding your new home.
Home Refinance Options
If you are looking to change the terms of your existing mortgage and lower your monthly payment, Leonard Mortgage Group offers two refinancing options: Traditional refinance and refinance with cash-out.
By completing a no-obligation questionnaire on the Leonard Mortgage Group website, you can quickly check to see if refinancing can save you money.
Helpful Mortgage Calculators
Leonard Mortgage Group provides four calculators to help you crunch numbers, plan out your mortgage expenses, and prepare for your home purchase or refinance:
- Standard Calculator — calculate monthly mortgage payments
- Affordability Calculator — determine how much house you can afford
- Refinance Calculator — decide whether or not refinancing will save you money
- Amortization Calculator — see how much you will owe on your house in “X” amount of years
- Only Available in 3 States
- No Special Loan Products Available
- Higher Minimum Down Payment for Conventional Loans
Only Available in 3 States
Leonard Mortgage Group only provides home purchase and refinance options in the following three states:
If you don’t reside in one of the states listed, you won’t be able to use Leonard Mortgage Group’s mortgage services.
No Special Loan Products Available
Leonard Mortgage Group doesn’t provide jumbo loans or other special loan products that may be available with other, larger mortgage companies.
It is also important to note that Leonard Mortgage Group doesn’t provide USDA loans, a low down payment loan option for those who are purchasing rural property approved by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Higher Minimum Down Payment for Conventional Loans
For its conventional loan products (e.g., a fixed rate loan), Leonard Mortgage Group requires a 5 percent minimum down payment. This is higher than many other lenders, particularly large online mortgage companies, which typically require a 3 percent minimum down payment on a conventional mortgage loan.
The Bottom Line
If you reside in Florida, Georgia, or Tennessee, Leonard Mortgage Group could be a good option for your mortgage needs, offering personalized assistance in either the home purchase or refinance processes.
As a small boutique mortgage broker and lender, Leonard Mortgage Group works with multiple lenders and offers four loan type: fixed rate loans, ARM loans, FHA loans, and VA loans. Borrowers can quickly and easily compare loan types, in addition to no-obligation rate and closing costs analysis. If you choose to complete a mortgage application with Leonard Mortgage Group, your application will be processed quickly and the company guarantees a pre-approval letter in your hand within 24 hours.
Although Leonard Mortgage Group’s services are limited to three states and you may be wary of working with a small mortgage company, it could be to your advantage as you will more likely receive personalized assistance from a qualified loan officer throughout the mortgage process. In addition, there is higher potential for securing a lower interest rate, but this can’t be guaranteed and will be dependent on your financial situation.
There are currently no Leonard Mortgage Group reviews, and so it is difficult to draw conclusions on the quality of customer service and overall company customer satisfaction
View Best Mortgage Lenders
Was this content helpful?