Best Company Guarantee Better.com Logo

Better.com

8.1

Pam Morden Albuquerque, NM

Very clear information & process, easy to navigate website, useful tools like "trying on" different mortgage scenario, personal help available when needed

Charles Middle River, MD

With better.com I was able to refinance my house with a satisfying Interest rate, shortened the term to half, everything on-line, easy and helpful team!

Alex Dease Ashburn, VA

Super quick, great service, best rates. Anytime I had an issue or question, it was very easy to get a detailed explanation from their team in a short amount of time.

Robert Kudler Merrick, NY

They have higher rates than competitors. Loan officers are often very young. I closed one loan with them but then they couldn't refi another house I own because they said they can't include the rental income from the property which makes no sense. This was weeks after I initially applied and I had a high interest loan so I wasted thousands waiting on them to eventually tell me they can't help me.

Michael

They're always responsive and they were excellent in what they did. Better.com was very easy. They just did a fantastic job and I might be back shortly for another one.

William

They have the best interest rate. It was easy to get and they responded quickly to all my inquiries. I had no issues trusting them. I am glad I did it.

Customer service was outstanding. They were easy to contact and they were quick to responds. Milestones were clearly communicated. I would recommend them to others.

Ramesh

I am happy with the service. It is very simple. Everything is done on the web. There are low fees. The agents are very responsive. They're quick to give updates. There is not much waiting time.

Judy

I am glad I did it because of the interest rates. It went real smooth though there are a lot of hoops to jump through. The agent I worked with was prompt answering.

The staff was really responsive and answered all my questions. The website was well put together. Everything was smooth. I have no complaints. They have good deals.

Ralph

Better.com offers a better rate. There was an issue with the owner paying for some of the fees. There was a change in management but the communication was good. They were always there. It took a while to straighten out.

Sebastian

It is great. Everything went smoothly. They worked with me when I had questions. They also got back to me quickly. There is always something better out there.

The process is well documented. I received immediate feedback. Customer support was always quick to respond and give informed responses when I asked about things.

Virginia H Petsos Portsmouth, VA

The Better team is, in general, competent and professional. Our experience was top notch, until closing, where several of the final figures were incorrect and had to be changed during our closing or settled after closing.

Jiangyin Bao Canton, MI

Very good website. And very helpful team. The entire closing process was seamless. Would highly recommend this over any old brick and mortar bank in any case.

Danielle Hazel Alexandria, VA

Everyone was very professional, responsive, and helpful. The interest rate was very good and there weren't any hidden charges. Everyone and the process seemed very honest.

Nicole Clement Providence, RI

The process for refinancing was not as easy (or less expensive) as described in the marketing materials for Better. Although the customer service was good, I found that I was not fully informed of important aspects of the process - making the brick and mortar lenders a more appealing refinancing option.

Blake

Everything worked out. It was easy to use. Everything was on the app. They are very efficient to mail or email documents to. They were very communicative.

Sunil

The price is pretty good. They were very thorough with their questions. Customer support could use some work. I am not able to get a hold of the call center.

Kelly

The portal made it very easy to see what we needed and get it uploaded. It was reviewed quickly. I would like them to be more accessible when it comes to phone calls and it took long to know if it got approved.

Nicholas

They have the lowest rate. Everything is done online. It made it easy. It is very organized. I would pay more to have friendlier personal and more customer service.

Robert

They kept in contact with me the whole time. I was able to get answers when I had questions. It is the easiest easy to finance. The process is very easy.

Benjamin

I am glad I went with them because they have the best interest rates and it is simple and straightforward. Everything was communicated quickly and efficient.

Sarah

The people worked with my schedule and I was able to all but the signing inline. Everyone was very timely responding to my questions. It was super easy to track my progress.

Daniela

I am very pleased with the online process. There were no mysteries. Everything was detailed and well communicated. Any time I had a question, it was answered well.

Tricia

The online system is very easy to maneuver. They representative responded very quickly. It is a great vale. The rates are excellent. The closing was fast.

Tyler

Being all online made it super easy. I only had to talk to someone on the phone once or twice at the closing times because there was something weird about the house we were buying. It was great.

Peter

It was really easy to communicate with the different agents. It was really easy to get in contact with anyone. All the documents and applications seem to be easy.

Maryann

Customer service was good every time I called but there needs to be more constant contact from them when you are wating. It works but it takes very long which can be stressful. It is a good rate.

Gary Haines Andale, KS

I would give 5 stars, but several times, information from one step of the process did not get passed on to the next person in the process. Otherwise, great to work with and my realtor raved about how easy they were to work with.

Thomas Wonica

They were great up until i got my closing specialist then there were definitely disconnects. I had to fix some things that didn't make sense. Leading up to that and then minus some hickups at closing they were fine. I did already recommend better.com to a friend who is already going through the process I think.

Joel Christensen Springfield, OR

They had the best rates, they were friendly and very easy to work with, even on my busy schedule. I plan to use Better for every mortgage I have from now on. Highly recommended!

Polly Cortez Delhi, CA

They did everything they said they would, of course I had to supply documentation for various different things. That made as simple as possible. I am very grateful for that.

shelley grajdea Rancho Cordova, CA

The communicated with me consistently and kept me in the loop. Their website was up-to-date and always provided a current status. If I contacted them with a question, they were quick to respond.

Yuri Caldwell, NJ

Overall experience was good. However, there were some communication lapses during underwriting, and unresponsiveness close to the closing date. Also, the team wasn't willing to work with me to adjust the rate even though the rates dropped after being locked.

Aaron Absulio Charlotte, NC

They were so easy to work with, the UI was simple and effective, and their communication was top notch. I was never lost in the whole process. Also, they helped save a lot of money.

Brett B. Alexandria, VA

Impressively fast and easy through tech streamlining, competitive rates, with very helpful and personable customer service. I've recommended Better.com to several people already.

Alan Nampa, ID

The process and the website were great. I was disappointed that my loan was then transferred to servicing and sold to a different company. I'm not naive; I know that's how it works. But I'm still not happy about it because I liked the Better process and service and am now stuck with generic companies that don't care at all.

Richard Sidwell Bend, OR

Better was on the process all the way. The team was always right on top of each step. We previously used Rocket Mortgage and they were terrible. Rocket is 90% a marketing company and only 10% executing for their clients.

Jennifer Pierce Charlotte, NC

The Closing part was not helpful at all, the notifying lady was unprofessional, no patience at all, just want done ASAP even she came late half hour, I mentioned her I have 2 hours to finish after she got agitated, only spent one hour to let me sign, no explanation for my questions.

Actually really enjoyed working with them. The representative was knowledgeable and they were very efficient. They were very patient. The online process is well organized. They were easy to work with.

David

It is basically the same as everyone else but with much better rates. The process is very smooth and super easy. I love that you can drop files and they keep you updated as opposed to sending a bunch of emails. Everyone I worked with was great.

The most competitive interest rate available. I like that the whole process was laid and easy to do. Everyone I worked with was helpful. I am glad I did it and I would have no hesitation recommending someone else use it.

Pretty swift since everything is done online. I got a loan to my liking in about twenty days fully approved. In general customer service is fine though there were times when I couldn?t get a hold of someone directly.

Jonathan

All the forms were super intuitive. The site was super intuitive. Things I needed to upload were clear. The only negative thing is that it is not communicated when the loan is transferred to another servicer but everything else is great.

Joseph

Better keep it up because they do great work. Everything was streamlined. I could do everything online. If I had questions, they answered them in an hour or two. It was approved quickly.

Seth

We were in constant communication about the process with them which made it easy. They kept our realtors and title company updated. Everyone was polite and responded quickly if we had a question.

Matthew

All of the documents go up online. Nothing got lost during the process. It was reviewed promptly. My only feedback is it is unclear what the next stage is after the loan process is finished.

Emma

I don’t think it could have gone any better. They were very professional and worked really hard through the process. If I had a question, they answered it immediately. I am extremely happy with it.

Monique

Overall I am glad I did it. The only thing that wasn’t great was I had to do a quite a bit of leg work to get some paperwork and I don’t think that should have been my responsibility but overall they were very responsive.