Best Company Guarantee UnaliWear Logo

UnaliWear

John Rapier Mc Kinney, TX

Every product will have an issue from time to time. The good news is that Unaliwear's customer service is superb.

Toby Lopresti Culver City, CA

It thinks it detects a call often if there is a percussive movement (that's ok , I've gotten used to it) but the times I've slipped but caught myself and once when I actually fell it didn't detect anything.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for the thoughtful comments. Our Customer Success Team is reaching out to you regarding potential adjustments to your watch's Fall Detection sensitivity. In addition, we want to record the date and time of the fall the watch did not catch. We can actually look into your watch logs to see what the watch detected when you fell. We also use that fall data to improve the accuracy of our fall detection for all wearers, which no other provider does. All the best and stay well and safe.

Linda McAllister The Villages, FL

At first I was really impressed with the idea of the watch being convenient to wear and detect falls as well other actions. As time went on the device would "detect a fall" where there was there was not even a stumble. The worst part was the voice saying "a fall has been detected in public. The device would go off with raising of my arm, constant movement, or activity such as throwing a ball. I received frequent "I thought you asked for Help" voice. Several "adjustments" were supposedly made to no avail. It was embarrassing and a nuisance. I never fell so don't know if it would detect an actual fall. The battery prongs would recede into the battery making them unusable. They were replaced but that took time with the watch being useless. Watch bar band holder broke. I finally has enough and cancelled service June 6, 2022 and returned the watch June 7 which was delivered June 9. I finally received my refund August 2, 2022. I definitely have not recommended this device for the safety.

Reply from UnaliWear

Very sorry you feel this way about your Kanega Watch. Note, you are not locked into a contract and can return the watch and related equipment anytime for a prompt prorated refund. The Voice Activation and Fall Detection sensitivities can be adjusted, and would encourage you to work with our customer success team to match those sensitivities to your needs (they can also turn off the Voice Activation on your Kanega Watch entirely, if that is your preference). Yes, a small percentage of our wearers can find the battery changing a bit challenging and, forcing the batteries into and/or pulling them out can cause immediate breakage of the band or small fractures that can cause unexpected breakage over time. Please contact our customer success team to review the process of changing these spring loaded batteries again so this is no longer an issue for you going forward. All the best and stay well and safe.

Denny Baker Glen Burnie, MD

I like te fact that tyhe knwga watch is designed to address the 2 major areas of risk of falling. The ability to hide that one is wearing such a device , whji;le not a concern for mis also well done. And I tloime thatgthe company backs up their committm,ent by readily providing replacements if the hardware should fail. I remail fully committed to Unaliwear and the kanega watch

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are a mission based company so knowing we are providing you and our many other wearers with this kind of peace of mind is what drives us everyday to make the Kanega Watch experience better and better for our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

Joyce Wynn Chesapeake, VA

I have only had my watch for 6 months and this is the first of any kind of safety watch.

Beverly Hellstern

The comfort level of the safety I have with still working away from home at 82.

Shannon Trezil

Poor battery life, could be more user friendly for the elderly. Battery holder cracked less than 2 weeks into use

Reply from UnaliWear

Our batteries are designed to last 24-36 hours. If you are not getting that level of coverage, we can replace your batteries at no charge to you. Regarding the battery holder, that rarely breaks and when it does it is almost always due to wearers forcing the batteries into and out of the watch, which causes the holders to fracture over time. Please reach out to our customer success team for a quick walk through on changing the batteries, in the hopes resolving this issue going forward. All the best and stay well and safe.

Aug. 1st, 2022

Linda L Parish Chesapeake, VA

Watch works great, but quality needs to improve> I have numerous replacements of batteries, straps, etc.

Benjamin J Weinraub Philadelphia, PA

Great concept, simple and easy to use. Would prefer metal housing on the watch/batteries for durability.

Barbara Cambria Kilmarnock, VA

I feel pretty secure, but a piece of wire/fabric from watchband has poked out and catching on fabric, annoying

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your review. Our Customer Success team will reach out to you shortly regarding the replacement of your watch band.

Betty soper Augusta, GA

My father has fallen two times since getting his watch and Unali and was there to help us get help for him quickly

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for sharing those experiences, Betty. We are glad the Kanega Watch was there for you and your father in his times of need. All the best and stay well and safe.

Carol earls New Port Richey, FL

Watch plastic broke, can't wear it, so have no protection. Have to wait 7 to 10 days for a new watch! Unacceptable and unbelievable!! Am I going to get compensated for the time I'm not protected??

Reply from UnaliWear

We are sorry for your experience, but your replacement watch was actually delivered in 4 days, per our records. The watch is made and ships out from Austin, Texas via FedEx Ground. New and prospective wearers are offered the opportunity to pay for faster shipping, if that is their preference. We hope you enjoy the protection and comfort the Kanega Watch provides going forward.

Vickie Willavize Mesa, AZ

The concept of the watch is great, but after 4 replacements and needing a fifth, I had to give up on it. The band needs work too, it would catch on my clothes

Reply from UnaliWear

We are really sorry for your experience and wish you all the best in finding a provider that best meets your needs.

Marcia Samoiloff Oceanside, CA

Love the fact that I do not have to fall to get help. There are many other reasons to need help right away. The thing I dislike most is the size I would like more colorful bands.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are a mission based company so knowing we are providing you and our many other wearers with this kind of peace of mind is what drives us everyday to make the Kanega Watch experience better and better for our growing community. Regarding the size, the rechargeable batteries do make the band bigger than that of most smartwatches, but the design intent is that our wearers never have to take their Kanega Watch off to charge - providing real 24/7 protection. That said, the watch is quite light - at less than 50 grams - or about the weight of 2 slices of bread. All the best and stay well and safe.

A.M.DAWSON

Customer service they all speak American makes it easier for me to understand.

Christopher K Lanzone

It goes off for no reason even when you make an adjustment, batteries do not last long.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thanks for being a Kanega Watch wearer for nearly 3 years. Our Customer Success Team will reach out to you to adjust the sensitivity on your watch for both Fall Detection and Voice Activation, which should resolve your "go off for no reason" issue. Regarding batteries, they are designed to last 24-36 hours. If you are not having that experience, please let our Customer Success Team know, as well.

Jul. 19th, 2022

Mary Eileen Lang

Receive to many false notices. My charger does not seem to be working as well as it should.

Reply from UnaliWear

Our Customer Success Team will reach out to you to reduce the sensitivity of your Voice and Fall Detection Activations. When they call, please speak with them about your charger as well. Thanks and stay well and safe.

Jul. 19th, 2022

Suzanne Kemp

Love the convenience of the watch and the functions. Hate that it activates when I move my hands quickly.

Reply from UnaliWear

Glad you like your Kanega Watch. Note the fall detection sensitivity can be reduced, to limit the number of false activations you are getting. We will have our customer success team reach out to you to make that adjustment remotely. All the best and stay well and safe.

Aug. 1st, 2022

Gregory Kokosko Cortland, OH

very professional last encounter very good, sales person got the job done

Lorraine Clemens Roseburg, OR

Usually always someone to help me if I need help when I call.

judy hermann Bella Vista, CA

The product is first rate and the customer service is superior.

Dayton Thornton Princeton, IA

I am not convinced the fall detection works. We have had many, many false alarms and the one actual fall that occurred did not generate an alarm.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your concerns, but want to assure you that the Fall Detection works as advertised. That said, no fall detection catches all falls and how you fall will impact how the watch interprets your movements. That said, our Customer Success Team will reach out to you to discuss your options for modifying the sensitivity of your watch's fall detection.

Pamela Ness Pawleys Island, SC

Easy to communicate with. The watch is an excellent protection devise.

Leola Gebauer Sturgeon Bay, WI

I've had problems with the watch since the beginning, the batteries, the band, and the last customer service situation.

Reply from UnaliWear

Very sorry for your experience, Leola. We know you had issues with changing the batteries, despite our best efforts to help you. We wish would could have kept you as a wearer and hope you find an option that works better for you going forward. All the best and stay well and safe.

Charles Todd Lawrenceville, GA

My experience is that the electronics is first rate but that the material and finish of the watch needs significant development and improvement

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your feedback and thoughtful response. We have many happy wearers who have never had to replace their watch after a number of years who might disagree with your assessment regarding the finish and materials. That said, about 2-3% of our wearers can have issues changing the batteries and, in forcing the batteries into and out of the watch, breakage can occur. We have a pretty generous replacement policy when that occurs. We also review every watch that comes back to assess ways to improve the experience going forward for all our wearers. We hope you continue to be a Kanega Watch wearer and that you stay well and safe.

Marsha Velazco Marion, OH

Providers have always helped with our needs

Elizabeth

Very responsive to any question or request

Richard Bartholomew Buffalo, NY

I have trouble form day one. To sensitive ,they tried fix it 3 times, still too sensitive!

Reply from UnaliWear

We are really sorry you find the fall detection too sensitive. As you noted, we have reduced the sensitivity of your watch multiple times - which is something no other medical alert provider is able to do. Our Customer Success Team will reach out to you shortly to see if you would like the sensitivity reduced further. We tend to be conservative with these reductions, as we don't want to reduce it more than necessary - so you continue to have as much fall detection protection as possible. All the best and stay well and safe.

bob anderson Youngsville, NC

past coustomer service: current set up on watch: Watch calling for at night while wearing it in bed: unable to hear the watch due to low volume

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for being a consistent Kanega Watch wearer for nearly 2 years. The volume can be adjusted on your watch. If you have questions on how to do that, please contact our Customer Success Team at 888-343-1513 and press option #1. Note because the watch has voice activation having the TV on loud (such as in bed at night) can trigger a voice activation. All the best and stay well and safe.

Sheila Mortenson Jacksonville, NC

They contacted my daughter when I couldn't

Rodger Josiger Wausau, WI

Unaliwear has been responsive to all my concerns

Robert Wilcox Venice, FL

Excellent notification to monitoring co.

Tom Hosea Littleton, CO

Great technology. Quality of material falls short. Plastic is not the best choice.

Reply from UnaliWear

Sorry you feel that way. Note that the combination plastic and stainless steel is designed to ensure the watch is a light as possible - since people want to wear it 24/7 that is a key requirement. The vast majority of our wearers get their watch and wear it with no issues for years. You have had a number of replacements and we look forward to working with you to identify why this is occurring.

Patricia Grevin Reinholds, PA

your always respond when I hit the button by accident

Mary DeJong Delray Beach, FL

I love it’s simplisty. I don’t need all the things that went with life alert. Just wear the watch 24/7 and it’s easy to use.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are a mission based company so knowing we are providing you and our many other wearers with discreet and simple peace of mind 24/7 is what drives us everyday to make the Kanega Watch experience better and better for our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

Mindy Homer

Batteries tend to get caught on things & dislodge

Jennifer Hertslet Pittsboro, NC

Many problems with the batteries so have had to get 2 watch replacements.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for being a consistent wearer for nearly a year. We are sorry you have had issues with breaking the watch battery carries. A very small percentage of our wearers have this issue and it is almost always caused by micro-fracturing of the battery carriers caused by changing the batteries too forcefully over time. We will have our Customer Success Team reach out to you shortly to see if we can help determine the cause of your multiple breakages. All the best and stay well and safe.

Carol Martin Naples, FL

microphone not working in 2 of them. Clasp not holding in 2 of them. Falls off my wrist

Reply from UnaliWear

We are truly sorry your start with us has been so problematic. This is not normal and we have already provided you with a free month of service to compensate you for these unfortunate and unusual issues. We are hoping your current watch will provide you with the easy and consistent experience you deserve. Please contact our Customer Success Team if you have any further issues. All the best and stay well and safe.

Bruce E. Ryden Fort Mill, SC

Has been very effective in detecting falls.

Joan Deery Hilton Head Island, SC

Fall Detection pops up too frequently. Time display is very intermitent.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your review. We will have our Customer Success Team reach out to you to discuss the sensitivity of your Fall and Voice detection functionality. In terms of the time, to save battery power, the watch stays black until you ask for the time, push the crown button for the time or turn the watch to your face. All the best and stay well and safe.

VIRGINIA TRIBE Sierra Vista, AZ

Fall alert goes off incorrectly 10 or more times a day, and I can't see the time on the watch when I want to.

Reply from UnaliWear

Sorry for your experience, Virginia. We will have one of our Customer Success Team members call you today to discuss adjusting the Voice and Fall alert sensitivity of your watch, which should quickly address this issue. In addition, when you turn the Kanega Watch to your face, it should automatically light up with large black on white numbers for you to see the time. You can also push the crown button once and it will also light up. We do this to save battery power, so the watch is always able to keep you protected, 24/7. All the best and stay well and safe.

FRANCES M STAUNTON Troy, NY

Responses are either too slow, or false positive

Reply from UnaliWear

Hi Frances, sorry for your experiences with false positives. Note that the Kanega Watch is the only medical alert device where the sensitivity of these alerts - both voice and fall detection activity - can be reduced at your request. In addition, the watch learns your movements over time, naturally reducing false fall detection positives. Please contact our customer success team if we can be of service in making your Kanega Watch work best for you going forward. All the best and stay well and safe.

susan freud Tucson, AZ

Problems with the fall detection program.

Reply from UnaliWear

Hi Susan, sorry for your experience. Please contact our Customer Success Team to review your concerns. We can make adjustments to your watch remotely that might alleviate those problems. All the best and stay well and safe.

Debbie Lehbert Berkeley Springs, WV

It isuch better that the fall . Has been turned down

Reply from UnaliWear

Glad you were able to get the Fall Detection sensitivity customized for your preferences/needs. All the best and stay well and safe.

Phyllis Patricelli Valatie, NY

Reacts to deep voices without the password being said

Reply from UnaliWear

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Phyllis. Note your watch's Voice Activation sensitivity can be reduced at your request. Please contact our Customer Success Team if that is something you would like to have implemented for your watch. All the best and stay well and safe.

Dorothy Studer Grantsville, UT

Too many technical problems with the watch, going off unnecessarily. Canceled the service.

Reply from UnaliWear

We are sorry for your experience. We worked with you to turn off the Voice Activation and reduce the sensitivity of the Fall Detection, per your requests. That said, the watch is designed to alert if it detects an odd movement via your arm. Pushing the crown button of the watch twice immediately disables that alert and, in addition, the watch uniquely learns your movements so that the number of false fall alerts decreases over time - something no other provider offers. We are really sorry to lose you as part of our growing community and wish you all the best in finding a medical alert option that best meets your needs.

Rich Power Bedford, TX

I fell 3 times in the past few months watch didn't register. It did register a fall while eating breakfast

Reply from UnaliWear

Really sorry for your experiences. Our Customer Success Team will be reaching out to you regarding potential adjustments to your watch's Fall Detection sensitivity. In addition, we want to record the date and time of the falls the watch did not catch. We can actually look into your watch logs to see what the watch detected when you fell. We also use that fall data to improve the accuracy of our fall detection for all wearers, which no other provider does. All the best and stay well and safe.

Teri King for James King Palm Springs, CA

The watch broke twice, and my father barely got to use it. It is very cheaply made. Misrepresented.

Reply from UnaliWear

Sorry for your experience. The watch is definitely not cheaply made, and we have many wearers who have not broken their watch in 3+ years. Even still, we have a generous replacement policy when issues arise. We do have a very small percentage of users who have broken their watch multiple times. For some of those, we may not be the best option and they might be better served by a traditional neck pendant that does not require changing of batteries or wearing 24/7, like the Kanega Watch. That said, we wish you and your family all the best in finding a provider that best meets your needs.

D Sprague Carencro, LA

This unit is exactly what I was looking for. One unit covering me no matter where I am.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are a mission based company so knowing we are providing you and our many other wearers with discreet peace of mind 24/7 is what drives us everyday to make the Kanega Watch experience better and better for our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

Stanley Yreka, CA

Product is more fragile especially batteries then expected.

Reply from UnaliWear

Sorry you feel that way. We have many happy wearers who have never had an issue with their watch for years. It's true that approx. 2-3% of our wearers have some issues changing the batteries - forcing them into and out of the battery carriers - which can cause breakages over time. We do our best to help these wearers. That said, appreciate the honest feedback and will continue to try and improve the Kanega Watch experience for you and others in our growing community.