Started in 1951, Bay Alarm Medical has over six decades of experience providing monitored security services to over 100,000 customers in the United States. Bay Alarm Medical is a subsidiary of a family-owned business. The company's focus is meeting the needs of a rapidly growing elderly population of people over age 75. Bay Alarm Medical alert systems are available in all 50 States.

The mobile GPS system is powered by AT&T network to offer 24/7 tracking and monitoring for those who prefer medical alert systems on the go. Mobile medical alert plans start as low as $19.95 per month and can create safer mobility for families, not just the elderly.

#1 Medical Guardian chevron_right
#2 MobileHelp chevron_right
#3 One Call Alert chevron_right

The Good

• CSAA Five Diamond Certified
  • Services in 170 Languages
  • VOIP Compatibility
  • Simple to Install
  • Bay Alarm Medical Reviews
  • 5-Year Battery Life
  • 30-Day Trial Period
  • Free Coverage for Spouse
  • In-Car Medical Alert Device
  • 1,000-Foot Range for In-Home System
  • Added Accessories Available

CSAA Five Diamond Certified

Every Bay Alarm monitoring center is CSAA Five Diamond Certified, committed to strong quality standards, and agrees to random UL certified inspections. This ensures that every Bay Alarm subscriber receives the most professional monitoring services possible from each monitoring center and every medical emergency responder.

Services in 170 Languages

If you don't speak English and still need personal emergency alarm services, Bay Alarm has a unique feature: the medical alert service offers its product and services in 170 languages. Another unique feature is the company's two emergency response call centers which are full duplicates of each other to provide service continuity in case one center has a power outage. Typically companies have one call center, but with two call centers, there is a backup in case of power failure or weather issue that renders one call center inoperable, a dangerous scenario for those needing emergency assistance. The company also owns and operates from its California headquarters for separate customer service purposes.

VOIP Compatibility

Bay Alarm Medical's VOIP compatibility is also noteworthy. Few companies offer this benefit; they only offer landline phone coverage. Bay Alarm Medical's system is very versatile, compatible with POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service, i.e. landlines), DSL Phone Service (Comcast, Time Warner, Cox), and VOIP solutions (AT&T, Verizon). On their website, Bay Alarm Medical provides an extensive list of Compatible Cable Service Providers. If customers use DSL, they will need to purchase a DSL filter at an additional cost, also available on the website.

Simple to Install

The Bay Alarm Medical's in-home medical alert device is designed to be easy to use and simple to install. Anyone can install their own service in only 5-10 minutes. Bay Alarm Medical offers complimentary Spouse Monitoring Services free of charge. Adding this family member will not raise the monthly bill, but there will be a charge to add an additional emergency panic button. The landline system has a helpful preventative feature to protect users from falls that may occur when rushing to answer the phone. The system allows customers to answer the phone using the device—although you will need to follow up with Bay Alarm Medical to understand exactly how this works.

Bay Alarm Medical Reviews

Bay Alarm Medical complaints are limited with positive reviews highlighting an excellent monitoring center and emergency responders, quick response times, and a quality medical alert button as well as other equipment. Positive reviews demonstrate a satisfactory customer experience and can give consumers peace of mind that Bay Alarm Medical will effectively assist customers' health and well-being with quality service and equipment.

With the marjority of Bay Alarm Medical reviews being positive, the company's average star rating is well above a four. Many customers note the company has an attentive staff that goes above and beyond to ensure customers are not only satisfied with the product, but that they are safe and proteted with their medical alert device.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Duey from Rancho Cucamonga, California

"This company works with you and the prices are fair. They contacted my mom several times when they were concerned about her phone not working. She loved that! She feels secure with the service and luckily has not had to push the button since our setup trial!"

5-Year Battery Life

Bay Alarm Medical's alert pendants have a 5-year battery life. This can give peace of mind to customers that they don't have to worry about the alert device running out of battery early in their usage. The pendants are also lightweight and 100 percent waterproof, making it so you can take it with you anywhere, even in the shower or other wet areas.

30-Day Trial Period

Bay Alarm Medical offers a 30-day trial period from the date your system arrives. This gives customers time to test out Bay Alarm Medical's services and equipment to ensure it is the medical alert service for you.

Free Coverage for Spouse

Bay Alarm Medical offers free coverage for your spouse, regardless of what medical alert package you purchase. This means you won't have to pay an extra monitoring fee if you want your spouse to have medical alert services as well. However, you do have to pay for the extra medical alert device equipment. Bay Alarm Medical does not say whether or not you will need to pay a second activation fee.

In-Car Medical Alert Device

Unique from other medical alert providers, Bay Alarm Medical offers a medical alert device made specifically for the car. For $29.95 per month, you can have protection in your car at all times. The device includes automatic crash detection and response, 24/7 emergency response monitoring, and real-time vehicle monitoring and trip history.

It has additional convenience with a web dashboard and a mobile app that is available for iOS and Android devices. The in-car medical device is functional in any car and includes a built-in backup battery and location-based boundary alerts.

When Bay Alarm Medical did a crash test with its in-car medical alert device, data was sent to emergency services in 0.46 seconds and two-way voice was activated with the car's driver in 7 seconds. This is an impressive demonstration showing you can rely on the company's in-car device to transmit emergency signals and contact quickly.

1,000-Foot Range for In-Home System

Bay Alarm Medical's in-home system has a 1,000-foot range. This is impressive as many medical alert companies only offer ranges around 600–800 feet. A longer range means more protection, and users can have peace of mind knowing they don't have to be nervous about reaching their range limit even if they have a large home. The in-home system also has a five-year battery life which is competitive within the industry.

Added Accessories Available

Bay Alarm Medical has a variety of accessories and equipment you can purchase a la carte. We'll list the options below:

Lockbox

Bay Alarm Medical sells lockboxes for $39.95. You can select a four-digit code for the lockbox, and the company will pre-program the lockbox so it is ready for use when it arrives at your home. Bay Alarm Medical's operators also store the code in their system, so you don't have to worry about losing the code. The lockbox is durable and is made to withstand year-round weather, and it can hold up to five sets of keys.

Extra Medical Alert Buttons

You can purchase extra medical alert buttons for $34.95 each. Each button includes a 1,000-foot range, lightweight and waterproof equipment, and a five-year battery life.

Bella Charms

Bella Charms are Bay Alarm Medical's personalized necklaces that clip to your medical alert device and cover the button with a fashionable design. There are four different charms to choose from. This is great for users who don't want to showcase the alert device and would prefer to disguise it as a nice necklace.

Extra Wall Buttons

You can purchase as many extra wall buttons as you'd like. Each wall button costs $3 extra per month. If you purchase a four pack, you save money and will pay $10 per month.

Protection Plan

This isn't an accessory or extra equipment, but Bay Alarm Medical offers a Protection Plan for $5 extra per month. This protects your medical alert equipment from power surges, voltage spikes, as well as water and flood damage. The plan includes a surge protector, one replacement of the medical alert base station or dedice per year, and 50 percent coverage to replace damaged accessories. Shipping fees are not included in the plan.

Vial of Life

Free with new subscriptions but $8.95 for additional kits, Bay Alarm Medical offers Vial of Life kits. These are kits that include all of your vital medical information so if there is an emergency, emergency responders will have immediate access to your medical information. The kit includes an emergency medical information kit, a plastic sleeve, and a magnetic strip. Bay Alarm Medical notes that you can purchase multiple kits so you can place them in different places around the home or in other locations.

The Bad

• Bay Alarm Medical Cost
  • One-Time Fee for the Mobile

Bay Alarm Medical Cost

While other industry competitors offer no activation fees and a no-cost delivery, Bay Alarm Medical charges for both delivery and activation. Bay Alarm prices include an activation fee of $49.95 and a monthly fee ranging from $19.95– $34.95. The emergency button also has only a five-year warranty, so if anything goes wrong after that five years, it can get pricey. Despite these downsides, the company doesn't require any long-term contracts. Note that the mobile GPS button has some limitations as well but does include two-way communication and fall detection. Bay Alarm Medical plan options are below:

In-Home Medical Alert — $19.95 per month

On the go Help Button — $24.95 per month

• 4G LTE connectivity
  • IPX7 water resistant
  • Optional automatic fall detection
  • Medical button available in white or black
  • Two pack of wall buttons that are lightweight, waterproof, include a five-year battery life and double-sided tape

In-Car Medical Alert — $29.95 per month

• Automatic Crash Detection and Response
  • AT&T 4G LTE with nationwide coverage
  • Under 12 second response times
  • Two-way communication
  • Accurate location tracking
  • Free ground shipping

One-Time Fee for the Mobile

Bay Alarm Medical overall is a bit more expensive than its competitors. The company charges a one-time fee for the mobile device ($80) if you want a GPS that you can take anywhere with you. Some other companies in the industry have lower fee options or do not charge this fee at all. Something to keep in mind with some other companies, is you do not own the device. Be sure to ask about this when deciding which company to do business with.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

The Bottom Line

Bay Alarm Medical has been around for decades, offering valuable products and a medical alert service that will cover all bases for in-home medical and beyond. One thing we noticed is that you get whatever you pay for. Their products are priced separately and according to each specific feature. The monthly fee starts at $19.95 with a $49.95 activation fee. With the exception of Bay Alarm Medical's VOIP compatibility, the medical alert system's extra features and benefits can be found at other companies for less cost, since several companies pricing is more competitive, i.e. no activation fees or shipping fees. But keep in mind that the company provides award-winning quality and customer service with every medical alert system it sells. A Bay Alarm medical alert device is recommended for people for whom English is not their first language and need a system in their native language.

Finding the right medical alert company for you will give you and your loved ones peace of mind. Read Bay Alarm Medical reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say and to see if Bay Alarm Medical alert service is right for you.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

Patrick

April 18th, 2017 Troy, MI

Although we have never had to use it I feel completely confident that if/when we need it that Bay Alarm Medical will be there for my mother. That's complete confidence in the product and service.

Kim

April 18th, 2017

My father had fallen and was unable to move. When Bay Alarm Medical folks did not receive an answer from him, they immediately dispatched the EMT to his residence and then proceeded to call everyone on his contact list. He was taken to the ER, treated, and released that snowy evening. BAM provided fast action and professional care.

Marla Siegel

April 18th, 2017

I am happy with the product I got for my elderly mom. Her electricity went out and customer service checked in on her. It gives me peace of mind to know she is being "watched over". Thank you!

Jacquelyn Johnson

April 18th, 2017

C S understanding 2 times when alarm sounded. Very concerned about my safety.

Bette Dalzell

April 18th, 2017

Things are great. So far it is good I would recommend the services and have.

Jean Eastman-Swenson

April 18th, 2017

Have had no occasion to use my alarm system as yet but just keep it here in case. Originally ordered for my husband who is now deceased. I hate to keep paying for something I don't use but feel as soon as I stop that is when I might need it.

Rita Finch

April 18th, 2017

Everyone is always friendly and helpful and that is always a plus to encounter.

Tamera

April 18th, 2017

I needed to know why my moms bill was higher than the last one. They explained why and the problem was solved.

John Rogers

April 18th, 2017

What can I say, I hope I never find out if you advertising is factual. That would mean we have not needed emergency care. Money well spent , providing comfort knowing that if we need help, you will be there for us. Since you asked, I seem to have lost my key box. I have no idea when or why it disappeared. My question is what do I need to do to replace it. If the emt crew can't get in , how could they provide service.

Jennifer Kurzer

April 18th, 2017

Very prompt and courteous responses. The dispatchers are always great at assessing the situation and sending the appropriate help.

Cathy DuPont

April 18th, 2017

I obtained Bay Alarm because of its high satisfaction of customers. However, due to a temporary financial problem, I had to cancel. I should have cancelled the day before however I was charged the full amount for a six month period. Their customer service representative was very cold and firm in her manner of speaking to me and would not consider giving me any kind of refund so I paid the $150 for six months for no service. One week later Hurricane Matthew came through my town and my home/car was flooded. That money would have helped me get through a horrible period of my life. I will never give Bay Alarm my business not only because of their refund policy but also because of their lack of compassion.

Kelly

April 18th, 2017

Our experience so far has been great! It was easy to set up and it's helped my father-in-law a number of times already. Thank you so much!! Kelly

Marcia Runnion

April 18th, 2017 Ramona, CA

Every time I have had to speak with Bay Alarm it was terrific. Everyone has been well informed, helpful and very kind. I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

Nick O'Dell

April 18th, 2017

After several accidental false alarms, my wife and I received top-rated customer service in how to avoid these. Monthly tests go smoothly. The only slight, and now fixed, error was in the order of contacts in the event of a true alarm.

Martha Ross

April 18th, 2017 Landrum, SC

I have used Bay Alarm once. Very prompt and courteous when talking to me about my problem. Help got here within minutes and they made me feel really secure. I am very thankful for Bay Alarm.

v mauna

April 18th, 2017

My mom fell one night and broke her ankle. She pressed the button and immediately I received a call asking for assistance. She called an ambulance and they arrived within minutes. I received a follow up call from the rep. Very customer caring....I was impressed. Thank you!

M. Buffington

All services that Bay Medical offers are all very good. Efficient and timely,

Pat

April 17th, 2017 Manteca, CA

I've used Bay Alarm for five years now and have not had an emergency. I test my necklace monthly and the responders are always very nice and make sure I don't have need for emergence assistance. I have no concern that they will not be there for me should the need arise.

Brian Cepeck

April 2nd, 2017

Working with the customer service team has been wonderful, from set up for my in-laws, the ease of use during emergencies and the effective communications to emergency personal. We have used the service twice with fantastic response. I would recommend Bay Alarm Medical to all.

DARLENE Robillard

March 30th, 2017 Irving, TX

I have had Bay Alarm Medical for almost two years and I could not be more pleased. I researched many companies before I made my decision and I am happy that I went with them. They were one company that did not try to get me to take their product like some I called and answered any and every question I had and then told me to let them know. When I called to ask questions they were more than happy to give me the answers without any pressure. I have referred them to others as well.

Georgia Townsend

March 15th, 2017 Saint Louis, MO

I feel more at peace when I'm outside doing yard work now. Help is only a button away!

Margie Sejbl

March 15th, 2017

I am really happy with your service. I had a really scary episode a few years ago and got the alert when I went home. I check it about once a month and the person answering the alarm is always polite and competent.

Mary

March 15th, 2017 Clearwater, FL

My 91 year old mother lives with us and we use Bay Alarm Medical. They are on the ball each time her alarm goes off....whether accidental or necessary. They never seem to mind when it is an accidental. They are fast to respond, always thorough and always pleasant. We couldn't be happier with this product.

Gail Briguglio

March 15th, 2017 Wixom, MI

great group with consistent and responsive service

Olivia Taylor

March 15th, 2017 Bronx, NY

Customer service is always professional and helpful when I do my monthly testing. I would recommend Bay Medical to my friends.

Pauline Bergeris

March 14th, 2017 La Plata, MD

I have Lucky and I have had no incidents to have used them. I have peace of mind that I am covered, and so do my children & grandchildren

Richard Clark

March 14th, 2017

I have used this service for over 6 months and have found it to be very reliable and their response time has been excellent

Mary K Perrine

March 14th, 2017 Sophia, WV

I'm still waiting for my $45.00 credit for my lock box that was never used. I still think that we should have been refunded the 9 months that were paid for. Daisy is on Social Security and doesn't have the money to throw away.

Sandy Jeltema

March 14th, 2017 Jenison, MI

people who pick up when the alert goes out are very nice.

Vincent

March 14th, 2017 Tampa, FL

It is great to know that someone is thinking about us and call to make sure that all is well at the CLESI residence . Thus far we haven't used the service but the security feeling is there and that is what elderly people need " REASURRANCE" . Thanks , Vincent

Ronald Lopez

March 14th, 2017

Great product and customer service, notify us if the system should go down or if there are any other issues, answer the alarm quickly and seem to be extremely competent.

Chris Davis

March 14th, 2017

Great work! All was as it should be. Very fast response and very curtious.

Delann Dempsey

March 14th, 2017 Brunswick, OH

Customer service has always been very helpful any time I have called. It would be better if the alert button were recessed as I have set it off by accident a number of times, including when wearing it in bed at night.

tony

March 14th, 2017 Secaucus, NJ

response time for a system check was a little slow last time, friendly staff.

sharon thompson

March 14th, 2017 New Bern, NC

The employees are always so courteous and prompt in answering when I do my monthly equipment check on my equipment. They always verify my information while on the line with me to make sure nothing has changed and never fail to thank me for choosing Bay Alarm Medical for my safety needs. Always a professional and pleasant experience. Bay Alarm is number one in my book!

Herb richards

March 14th, 2017 Sarver, PA

We had a good relationship with Bay Alarm and have not had any problems before or after Still going strong. HERB

Don Ide

March 13th, 2017 Edmonds, WA

I purchased Bay Alarm for my mother. In September while visiting Mom, she used her button to call for help for me. Talk about a believer, I am sold on your service. The piece of mind it gives me knowing, there is always someone there for Mom when I am not. You guys are great!

Robert MacLeod

March 13th, 2017 Pepperell, MA

It has been a life saver. The improvement in my sleep quality has made me relax knowing I have this at my bedside.

Patricia kolodziej

March 13th, 2017

I needed to update my credit card. She was so polite and helpful. She asked how my Mom is doing which was wonderful!!! Told her we are so pleased with Bay Alarm service. We had to use it a few months ago when my Mom fell. Excellent service and I received a call saying my Mom was not responding to her phone calls. Thank you so much for the great service. She also told me to do a test monthly which I did not know about. Would recommend highly!

y walters

March 13th, 2017 Versailles, OH

I'm very satisfied with my alarm. Thankfully I haven't needed to use it.

Norma Marcie

March 13th, 2017

My partner and I were both registered with Bay Alarm Medical.....no extra charge for my partner. We did buy ourselves the wrist band alarm and never took them off. They are very comfortable, even in the shower and in bed. I wouldn't have any peace without them!

Betty

March 13th, 2017

I rarely need to call Bay Alarm but, when I do, their customer service reps are the best--informative, patient, and friendly.

Rick Meredith

March 13th, 2017 Zephyrhills, FL

It's all good and easy. Great people to work with.

Bonnie Young

March 13th, 2017

Customer Service is top notch at Bay Medical Alarm. They are very patience, caring and refreshing.

GARY HINKLE

March 13th, 2017 Centerton, AR

NEVER EXPEIRENCE A PROBLEM. THE BILLING IS DONE SMOOTHLY WITHOUT ANY ERRORS . I DO NOT HAVE BUT ONE COMPLAIN AND SO MINOR . I BELIEVE I WAS CHARGES FO A KEY BOX AND NEVER RECIEVED ONE

Seth Scott

March 13th, 2017 Peekskill, NY

Responsive and professional. Helped me move my device for my mom and test multiple times. Great company!

Grace Nelson

March 13th, 2017 Spokane, WA

I feel comfortable wearing my Bay Alarm device and it gives me a sense of security when I' m in my home/garage/yard.

Ruth

March 13th, 2017 Grand Island, NE

Great customer service. Very attentive and kind

Wendy Wickard

January 31st, 2017 Newville, PA

We got this system for our mother. It used been used a couple times and has been great each time. We have nothing but good things to say about Bay Alarm and would recommend it. It is also within a price we can afford with good service.

Brenda J Gordon

January 21st, 2017

I used this company for 3 of my relatives within two years and the company had to respond in each of those cases. When I was considering this company I posed a question and after chatting on line the next time I called and spoke in person. "Bill" was super helpful -told me about the types of payment options very specifically (no refund) and we ended up billing quarterly due to that. Each time we had to utilize the emergency service they called everyone on the call list even if the first call was answered - which we liked; gave us support when we were present at the relatives home and contacted emergency services for us while on the line. When the quarterly billing was sent and my mother had passed; I contacted them because I would not be able to have the equipment physically in their hands by the time required and I was told as long as the package predated that date I would be refunded and I was. My whole experience with them was exceptional and would definitely use them again.