Nectar Sleep was founded by Ran Reske, Craig Schmeizer, and Eric Hutchinson in 2016. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, the company sells bed-in-a-box foam mattresses and bed frames in the United States and the United Kingdom.

The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress is comprised of the following different layers, including CeriPUR-US Certified materials:

• Tencel Cooling Cover — A quilted cover meant to help with heat retention to keep you cool while you sleep.
  • Quilted Gel Memory Foam — A comfort layer of cooling memory foam that adds lofted support and cooling relief while you are sleeping.
  • Gel Memory Foam — Called Lush Foam, this is the most premium gel foam available. It holds several patents and helps distribute and absorb heat.
  • Adaptive HiCore Memory Foam — A heavy, high-density foam that helps to support pressure points and keep you from sinking into your new mattress.
  • Breathable Base Layer — A dense bottom layer of support foam with 2.2+ ILD rating.

It is available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King, and ranges in price between $499 and $1,398.

The company also offers a Nectar Lush Mattress, which ranges in price from $999 to $1,699 and is made of innovative, high-density memory foam meant for superior support and dual-action cooling.

The mattresses can be purchased at nectarsleep.com, Amazon, and a variety of other mattress retailers like Denver Mattress and Mattress Warehouse.

Keep reading our Nectar Sleep review for pros and cons of shopping with this company.

The Good

• Free Shipping and Returns
  • Financing Options
  • 365-Night Home Trial
  • Great Warranty

Free Shipping and Returns

When you order a mattress from nectarsleep.com, you get free FedEx shipping and returns within the contiguous 48 states.

The lead time between when your order is placed and when it starts shipping is only 2–3 business days. That is not the case with many other mattress retailers.

This is a quick-ship, bed-in-a-box mattress; however, white glove delivery service is available, starting at $149. While not many budget shoppers look for this type of service, there is a huge group of consumers who are happy and willing to pay for someone to lug a mattress up the stairs and set it up for them. We always appreciate the option, especially when both budget shoppers and those in need of set-up assistance can have it their way.

Financing Options

Nectar shoppers have the option to finance with Affirm. This financing company works as a pay-as-you-go type of credit. When you check out, you will know exactly how many monthly payments are needed and how much they will be.

A soft credit check is performed and will not affect your credit score.

Rates vary between 0–30 percent APR and loans can be for 3 to 24 months.

365-Night Home Trial

Nectar offers a great refund policy, with a 356-night home trial that starts 30 days after your delivery. This is a risk-free trial and an industry-max length that is matched only by a handful of competing mattress brands. Buying a mattress online can feel risky. This trial makes sure that you can get a comfortable mattress, and you won’t lose your investment if the firmness isn’t appropriate for your body.

If you buy a Nectar mattress, you have a full year to decide if it was a good purchase. All sales are not final. You won’t be stuck with a mattress that doesn’t work for you.

Please note that if you purchase other products from Nectar, like a mattress foundation, it may have a shorter refund period.

Additionally, if you exercise the right to do a return, your white glove service is nonrefundable after it has been performed.

Great Warranty

This company offers what it calls a “Limited Nectar Forever Warranty” on its mattresses. The warranty is for the original purchaser and is non-transferrable. This is basically a limited lifetime warranty. It includes a 10-year full replacement warranty, with no deductible.

After 10 years, the manufacturer will either repair, recover, or replace your mattress, with a $50 shipping fee, each way.

The Bad

Limited Selection

There are only two mattresses to choose from. Normally, consumers can choose a mattress with a different comfort level; however, with Nectar, there are only two options: the Nectar Mattress, made of premium memory foam, or the Nectar Lush Mattress, made with an innovative, higher-density memory foam.

This is the main drawback for someone who needs a softer or firmer mattress, or prefers an innerspring or hybrid bed for different sleeping positions.

The Bottom Line

Nectar Sleep offers two mattresses. Both are made with high-quality materials and are medium to medium-firm.

Customers benefit from a long warranty, a year-long return policy, and free shipping within the contiguous United States.

Kevin D

February 7th, 2021 Franklin, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My daughter purchased a Nectar and recommended it. I checked out their website and was happy with the specials they were offering. Purchased online. With the mattress purchase, I also received a free set of sheets, a mattress cover and free shipping. For the price I paid, was genuinely pleased. After comparing queen mattress prices, felt even better about the purchase. Having made this purchase during the Covid pandemic, there was a delay in shippng, but the company kept me informed of this. Once delivered, we followed the directions, opened the package and allowed the mattress to achieve it's normal shape. After reading some reviews about an odd odor when others opened their new mattress, we allowed it to "rest" for a couple of days. We did not experience odd odors or any issues with the mattress. Given that my husband prefers a firm mattress and I prefer a softer mattress, I was surprised that this mattress fit both of our needs! My daughter had experienced the same feeling and encouraged me to try it. So glad we took her suggestion.

Feb 09, 2021

We are so pleased to hear this! Thank you for taking the time to share your Nectar experience.

Jessica Duncan

January 31st, 2021 Angola, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the timely manner in which all my products arrived from Nectar Sleep! I got the bundle for free with my bed and that saved me money!

Feb 02, 2021

Thanks Jessica! We're so glad to hear you've had a 5 star experience and appreciate you taking the time to share your review. Happy Zzzs!

Jackie Hanko

January 24th, 2021 Tampa, FL

When I first bought this bed I thought it felt amazing and one of the main reasons I wanted the mattress was because of my back pain and the night sweats and the insomnia I was having… From all the reviews it looks like most people were very impressed with this mattress so I decided to purchase it… It’s been about six months since I purchased this mattress and while I do find it incredibly comfortable and the pillows that they send with the mattress are amazing I am still not sleeping great and I just still suffer from that pain… It does not mean that I don’t refer this mattress to friends and family because I have because I do believe that some people will benefit from it but I think I am in need of a firmer mattress

Jan 26, 2021

We appreciate your honest feedback, Jackie! If you have not already reached out to us we would love to hear from you. Our friendly representatives are available 7 days a week and can offer some suggestions that may help if you're needing a bit more firmness.

Jared

January 22nd, 2021 Provo, UT

I've slept on a Nectar mattress many times at my sibling's house. It has been great! It was very comfortable and supporting. I can't say anything about their prices, but their products are great!

Jan 26, 2021

Thank you Jared!

Morgan Knight

January 22nd, 2021 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Truly amazing Mattress! Makes a tremendous difference to have this mattress! shipps air tight and expands which makes it easy to move with it!

Jan 23, 2021

Wonderful! We are so happy to hear this, thank you for your review!

Nate Ashby

January 21st, 2021 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife and I got a nectar! To be honest it was a little too hard for me but I like suuuuch a soft mattress. You'll probably love it though if you get one.

Jan 23, 2021

Hi Nate! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you ever have any questions or need any assistance please let us know!

Abby Ashby

January 21st, 2021 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

K honestly these beds are kind of hard? I was expecting softness so my hubby and I had to get a Matress topper. We love our bed now with the topper but without it’s hard as a rock

Jan 23, 2021

Hi there Abby! Thank you for sharing your feedback and we're glad to hear you are now loving your bed. If you have any questions or if we can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to reach out!

Jennifer Ashby

January 20th, 2021 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The mattress was too squishy for me. Just a personal preference. When I sleep on it my back hurts.

Jan 22, 2021

Hi Jennifer! We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear Nectar may not be the right comfort fit for you. We want every customer to feel completely comfortable with their purchase which is why we offer a 365 night sleep trial. If we can be of any assistance or if you have any questions please let us know!

Jasmin

December 10th, 2020 Wilmington, DE

I was in the market for a new mattress so after doing extensive research, I decided that I would get a nectar. I never had problems getting my rest but I find that I am sleeping more soundly and for longer. You get a great guarantee with your purchase too!

Dec 12, 2020

Hi Jasmin! We are so happy to hear that your sleep has improved with your new Nectar mattress, thank you for your review!

James Walsh

December 9th, 2020 Westlake, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best customer service ever. No, honestly It was the best customer service I have ever experienced. I ordered the wrong mattress, but didn’t know it until it arrived. I contacted Nectar and they arranged to pick up the mattress the very next day. They issued a full refund as soon a the mattress reached their warehouse. No hesitation, no questions asked. I was so impressed and confident in the way they handled my mistake, I ordered another (more expensive) mattress even before I received my refund. You can’t go wrong buying from a mattress from this company.

Dec 12, 2020

Thank you for being part of the Resident family, James! We appreciate you taking the time to share your Nectar experience. Happy Zzzs!

Jennifer Pickens

November 22nd, 2020 Rockford, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This mattress exceeded my expectations. Back pain is gone and it’s the best money I’ve spent maybe ever. I’ve owned my mattress for 6 months and bought a king.

Nov 24, 2020

Hi Jennifer! We are thrilled to hear this and appreciate you sharing your Nectar experience. Happy ZZZs!

Matt Markin

November 18th, 2020 Kearney, NE

What can I say but yet another very, very comfy sleep solution. I woke up feeling fully rested! I have already burnt too much energy, now leave me alone. I'm going back to sleep now.

Nov 19, 2020

Hi Matt! We're so glad you're finding the mattress comfortable and are getting restful sleep. Thank you for sharing your review, and happy ZZZs!

Terin

November 13th, 2020 Layton, UT

Nectar mattresses are the BEST!!!! We have bought two and have had family members buy one after sleeping/laying on ours. The price is so reasonable which is important. They also have great customer service. Nectar is the only mattress brand we will be using in the future.

Nov 17, 2020

Wonderful! We are so glad to hear this, Terin. Thank you for your review, and for being part of the Nectar family!

Heather

October 1st, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sever hip pain when lying on my side, tossing and turning

Oct 02, 2020

Hi Heather! We're sorry to hear you are experiencing discomfort. If you have not yet reached out to us, please do! We are happy to offer suggestions to help get you sleeping comfortably and assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. We hope to hear from you soon and appreciate your feedback.

Sarah Veltman

September 27th, 2020 Waldoboro, ME DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Both my husband and I have issues with our backs and finding a mattress that works for both of us has not been easy. Our Nectar mattress does just that. We are both able to get a good nights rest on this mattress. We received the best customer service that would be possible to give. Our mattress came before expected and there was no odor to it as some other customers had complained of. We love ours.

Matters

September 23rd, 2020 Norfolk, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best investment I’ve ever made. The mattress is incredible and very comfortable. It was a great deal and came it a box. Very convenient if you are relocating out of state. I highly recommend!

larry

September 19th, 2020 Hot Springs Village, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Did a fair amount of research on a boxed mattress.Nectar was always in the mix.Liked the idea of layers and cooling on the top.Price was right also.I sleep good and thats the bottom line.

Dawn Johnson

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been very happy with my mattress. Going from a latex which became too soft we bought the nectar. It did take a few weeks to adjust to it but omce I did I really love it. Support with plenty of give without that stuck in mud feeling. No motion transfer. I sleep cool too

caroline

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The mattress itself is pretty awesome. Customer service, not so much.

Drake Britton

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had it for two years now, still feels like new and super comfortable

Marylee

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Although I find the mattress comfortable, I cannot sleep in it in certain positions.

Mark Clark

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the mattress for its support. The one thing I would like to change is how much heat the mattress retains.

Tina Jenkins

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I sleep very comfortably most nights despite the pains I have daily

danny

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My back pain is reduced and I'm getting better sleep

James Vernon

September 16th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awesome bed, awesome pillows, love the product and so glad i went in this direction

Shaun McLaughlin

September 16th, 2020 Mount Prospect, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After an extensive search of mattresses I liked what I heard from other customers. Once I saw the price and the 365 day trial I felt the risk was very low in trying this. I couldn't be happier with my experience and I'm happy to say that the lower back pains I had with my previous (2) mattresses is gone with my Nectar mattresses.

JOHNNY

September 15th, 2020 ,

Fabulous mattress, Nectar is the best! Best construction, lifetime warranty! Most of all, the BEST SLEEP. I had lower backpain, sleeping on my Nectar mattress and praying to God, my pain is gone! The pillows are the best too. Other mattress I had the displeasure to sleep on made body hurt all over. When I woke up I was still tired and felt as if I were in a fight. Actually I was in a fight, with the mattress! Now I get the best sleep, wake up pain free and not tired!

Kellie Berger

September 15th, 2020 Glendale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Since I purchased the nectar bed I have not had a back ache. On the other beds I had I would always wake up with a back ache. So glad I got it!

Paula Alati

September 14th, 2020 Kirkland, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

best. bed. ever. We've been sleeping on this for three years now and it's still like brand new. ordering was easy, the bed came quickly, and set up was easy. Getting it up the stairs, that was a challenge--a rolled-up king size mattress is cumbersome, but we got it done!

Mary Geronimo

September 14th, 2020 Santa Ana, CA

The bed is awesome. But the pillow lost its shape and are not as comfortable anymore

Dg

September 14th, 2020 Wadesboro, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It’s just been an outstanding experience. The product, customer service and everything in between.

Elliepmae

September 14th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The absolutely most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on.

Ellouise Atchison

September 14th, 2020 Orange, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My husband and I had been looking for a new mattress as ours was killing our backs. I researched many different ones and settled on the Nectar as it had a 365 day return if we didn't like it. We received our Nectar and it was truly wonderful. No back aches and the best sleep in ages. Long story short in less than 4 months we ordered a second mattress for our guest room. I have also had several friends buy one as well.

Sonia

September 13th, 2020 Salida, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It’s been about 2yrs since we bought our mattress. We still love it it’s comfortable and great quality. We also purchased the mattress protector, works awesome and super easy to wash, keeps our mattress clean like new!

Erin

September 13th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Affordable, no interest payment plan. I sleep great every night and love my bed!!

Carl Johnson

September 13th, 2020 Meridian, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Priced competitively compared to other memory foam mattresses. Arrived on time with simple set up. Great nights sleep for the money, and you will feel rested in the morning!

Donna Pioli

September 13th, 2020 Stockton, CA

I suffer from severe lower back pain, and went through several mattresses before I bought the Nectar. I love this mattress! It is the perfect firmness for me. So glad I purchased a Nectar!

Evelyn Czaja

September 13th, 2020 Hanover, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve never slept on this type of bed before. It’s been great this whole past year. Pillows and all! Glad I bought this. I’ve noticed it can make you feel a little warmer than a regular mattress especially in summer but small potatoes compared to my improved back support. I would recommend this mattress very much.

dreampoet

September 12th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The bed is one of the best mattresses I've slept on and I've traveled a lot and stayed in pretty good hotels with nice beds. The service is good. I would suggest them creating a better platform/ base for the bed. I wound up buying another one from Amazon.

Katherine McGrath

September 12th, 2020 Claypool, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got my Nectar mattress two or three years ago. I sleep on it with husband twice my size and when he gets up or rolls over I don’t even feel it. His side of the bed is just like mine there is no indentation to show the extra weight. The mattress is perfect

317durcot

September 12th, 2020 The Dalles, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So very supportive comfortable from the start. Nothing has changed. The best purchase ever. I've been recommending Nectar to everyone, well worth it.

Kimmey Mckinnon

September 12th, 2020 Yukon, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I absolutely love my Nectar bed. It help me so much with a newborn I didn’t need all the extra stuff needed for a baby the bed would help with vibration for calming the baby and easy nights. Highly recommended!!

Randi

September 12th, 2020 Levittown, PA

I am a side sleeper no more pressure points in my hips or shoulders. No matter the position I am always comfortable. Love the adjustable base too. Best bedroom buy I have made

Jody C

September 12th, 2020 Hillsdale, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At first I loved the mattress. Then the frame broke shortly after. I tried to get in touch with the company. Exchanged a email or two then nothing. I did as I was asked and sent pictures and then I heard nothing. I now have a broken frame and a mattress that feels like I am going to fall off of when I sleep.

Sep 15, 2020

Hi there Jody! We are so sorry to hear this and apologize for any difficulty you've had receiving a resolution. The bed frame is covered by a 50 night trial period and 3 year warranty so we can certainly assist you and assure you we are here to help. Please reach back out to us so we can get you taken care of right away. We can be reached at 1-888-863-2827, [email protected], or via the Live Chat option on our website.

Kathleen Gaskill

September 12th, 2020 Springfield, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We bought our mattress about three years ago. My father died and when I got home my new mattress was here. It was so comforting to me after 4 mos being gone to come home to bliss. After all this time we still love our mattress. To anyone that buys one make sure you rotate every 3 mos. It makes the mattress fab!

Susan O'Brien

September 12th, 2020 Lehigh Acres, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love the feel every time I get on my bed. Firm but cozy soft. We have an adjustable bed too and that really makes it perfect. Hope it lasts a long time. Great service too

Betty

September 12th, 2020 Okemos, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered one queen bed and many months later ordered another queen and two XL twin mattresses with frames. They are very comfortable and the company was great to work with. I had an issue with one of the frame boards after several months and the company replaced it promptly. I strongly recommend their products.

Lee Miller

September 12th, 2020 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have now ordered 3 mattresses. 1 queen a year ago another one and a twin just recently. Ordering was simple, delivery was as expected and the real reason I’m happy is the comfort and how well my first one is holding up. I slept on a waterbed for 35 years and this was my replacement. Oh I bought after a friend had 1 for 6 months and I did the research about the company.

JanetGail

September 12th, 2020 San Diego, CA

Way better than old mattress. No sagging, and still looks new after a year, Took some getting used to, but then very restful. I wake up able to hop out of bed instead of being stiff and achy. Love it!

Jared Witbeck

September 12th, 2020 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've had the best sleep of my life on this mattress! Why spend thousands on something when you can spend way less and have way more. I'm cool, my rest is great. I brag about my nectar constantly!