Nectar Sleep

9.1

Nectar Sleep was founded by Ran Reske, Craig Schmeizer, and Eric Hutchinson in 2016. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, the company sells bed-in-a-box foam mattresses and bed frames in the United States and the United Kingdom.

The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress is comprised of the following different layers, including CeriPUR-US Certified materials:

• Tencel Cooling Cover — A quilted cover meant to help with heat retention to keep you cool while you sleep.
  • Quilted Gel Memory Foam — A comfort layer of cooling memory foam that adds lofted support and cooling relief while you are sleeping.
  • Gel Memory Foam — Called Lush Foam, this is the most premium gel foam available. It holds several patents and helps distribute and absorb heat.
  • Adaptive HiCore Memory Foam — A heavy, high-density foam that helps to support pressure points and keep you from sinking into your new mattress.
  • Breathable Base Layer — A dense bottom layer of support foam with 2.2+ ILD rating.

It is available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King, and ranges in price between $499 and $1,398.

The company also offers a Nectar Lush Mattress, which ranges in price from $999 to $1,699 and is made of innovative, high-density memory foam meant for superior support and dual-action cooling.

The mattresses can be purchased at nectarsleep.com, Amazon, and a variety of other mattress retailers like Denver Mattress and Mattress Warehouse.

Keep reading our Nectar Sleep review for pros and cons of shopping with this company.

The Good

• Free Shipping and Returns
  • Financing Options
  • 365-Night Home Trial
  • Great Warranty

Free Shipping and Returns

When you order a mattress from nectarsleep.com, you get free FedEx shipping and returns within the contiguous 48 states.

The lead time between when your order is placed and when it starts shipping is only 2–3 business days. That is not the case with many other mattress retailers.

This is a quick-ship, bed-in-a-box mattress; however, white glove delivery service is available, starting at $149. While not many budget shoppers look for this type of service, there is a huge group of consumers who are happy and willing to pay for someone to lug a mattress up the stairs and set it up for them. We always appreciate the option, especially when both budget shoppers and those in need of set-up assistance can have it their way.

Financing Options

Nectar shoppers have the option to finance with Affirm. This financing company works as a pay-as-you-go type of credit. When you check out, you will know exactly how many monthly payments are needed and how much they will be.

A soft credit check is performed and will not affect your credit score.

Rates vary between 0–30 percent APR and loans can be for 3 to 24 months.

365-Night Home Trial

Nectar offers a great refund policy, with a 356-night home trial that starts 30 days after your delivery. This is a risk-free trial and an industry-max length that is matched only by a handful of competing mattress brands. Buying a mattress online can feel risky. This trial makes sure that you can get a comfortable mattress, and you won’t lose your investment if the firmness isn’t appropriate for your body.

If you buy a Nectar mattress, you have a full year to decide if it was a good purchase. All sales are not final. You won’t be stuck with a mattress that doesn’t work for you.

Please note that if you purchase other products from Nectar, like a mattress foundation, it may have a shorter refund period.

Additionally, if you exercise the right to do a return, your white glove service is nonrefundable after it has been performed.

Great Warranty

This company offers what it calls a “Limited Nectar Forever Warranty” on its mattresses. The warranty is for the original purchaser and is non-transferrable. This is basically a limited lifetime warranty. It includes a 10-year full replacement warranty, with no deductible.

After 10 years, the manufacturer will either repair, recover, or replace your mattress, with a $50 shipping fee, each way.

The Bad

Limited Selection

There are only two mattresses to choose from. Normally, consumers can choose a mattress with a different comfort level; however, with Nectar, there are only two options: the Nectar Mattress, made of premium memory foam, or the Nectar Lush Mattress, made with an innovative, higher-density memory foam.

This is the main drawback for someone who needs a softer or firmer mattress, or prefers an innerspring or hybrid bed for different sleeping positions.

The Bottom Line

Nectar Sleep offers two mattresses. Both are made with high-quality materials and are medium to medium-firm.

Customers benefit from a long warranty, a year-long return policy, and free shipping within the contiguous United States.

Dawn Johnson

I've been very happy with my mattress. Going from a latex which became too soft we bought the nectar. It did take a few weeks to adjust to it but omce I did I really love it. Support with plenty of give without that stuck in mud feeling. No motion transfer. I sleep cool too

Steven Adcock Fairfield Bay, AR

I slept great the first night and every night there after. We have had it about a year now. I'm steven and I'm 68 and have had Rheumatoid Arthritis since I was 34. It's great on my pressure points. Not much more to say except it's an all around good mattress. I recommend it to anyone. A few friends have bought one after us and love theirs.

Tatiana M Irvington, NJ

This company is great with their 365 trial period. I currently sleep on one of their mattresses and my only complain is the motion transfer when changing positions. It's a little hard and takes work which is not ideal. A little firmer would be better in my opinion but great mattress overall.

Reply from Nectar Sleep

Thank you for your review, Tatiana! Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can ever be of assistance. We can be reached by email at [email protected], by phone at 888-863-2827, or via chat support on our website 7 days a week.

Mar. 30th, 2021

Rachel Minocqua, WI

My Nectar is so comfortable and I get the best nights sleep. I have been using it for quite some time and there is no indentation from sleeping on it like I on another mattress I had before my Nectar!

James Walsh Westlake, OH

Best customer service ever. No, honestly It was the best customer service I have ever experienced. I ordered the wrong mattress, but didn’t know it until it arrived. I contacted Nectar and they arranged to pick up the mattress the very next day. They issued a full refund as soon a the mattress reached their warehouse. No hesitation, no questions asked. I was so impressed and confident in the way they handled my mistake, I ordered another (more expensive) mattress even before I received my refund. You can’t go wrong buying from a mattress from this company.

Reply from Nectar Sleep

Thank you for being part of the Resident family, James! We appreciate you taking the time to share your Nectar experience. Happy Zzzs!

Dec. 12th, 2020

Kevin D Franklin, IN

My daughter purchased a Nectar and recommended it. I checked out their website and was happy with the specials they were offering. Purchased online. With the mattress purchase, I also received a free set of sheets, a mattress cover and free shipping. For the price I paid, was genuinely pleased. After comparing queen mattress prices, felt even better about the purchase. Having made this purchase during the Covid pandemic, there was a delay in shippng, but the company kept me informed of this. Once delivered, we followed the directions, opened the package and allowed the mattress to achieve it's normal shape. After reading some reviews about an odd odor when others opened their new mattress, we allowed it to "rest" for a couple of days. We did not experience odd odors or any issues with the mattress. Given that my husband prefers a firm mattress and I prefer a softer mattress, I was surprised that this mattress fit both of our needs! My daughter had experienced the same feeling and encouraged me to try it. So glad we took her suggestion.

Reply from Nectar Sleep

We are so pleased to hear this! Thank you for taking the time to share your Nectar experience.

Feb. 9th, 2021

Jackie Hanko Tampa, FL

When I first bought this bed I thought it felt amazing and one of the main reasons I wanted the mattress was because of my back pain and the night sweats and the insomnia I was having… From all the reviews it looks like most people were very impressed with this mattress so I decided to purchase it… It’s been about six months since I purchased this mattress and while I do find it incredibly comfortable and the pillows that they send with the mattress are amazing I am still not sleeping great and I just still suffer from that pain… It does not mean that I don’t refer this mattress to friends and family because I have because I do believe that some people will benefit from it but I think I am in need of a firmer mattress

Reply from Nectar Sleep

We appreciate your honest feedback, Jackie! If you have not already reached out to us we would love to hear from you. Our friendly representatives are available 7 days a week and can offer some suggestions that may help if you're needing a bit more firmness.

Jan. 26th, 2021

Melissa Moore Cape Coral, FL

From day one the memory foam didn't have the smell even the company said it might so that told me something about the difference right there. The mattress came really well packaged and protected which again I wasn't expecting based on previous experiences with other companies. So far I haven't had any issues with sagging or mis shaping and it's been over a year with everyday use. I am very happy with my product and the warranty gives me piece of mind so I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good mattress company and when we need another one for our growing family we will likely be buying from Nectar again...

Lisa Salt Lake City, UT

It is a good mattress, but a little hard and it takes time for it to conform and get comfortable. You don't want to plop yourself down on the mattress either unless you want to get hurt.

Carla Cincinnati, OH

Best sleep I've ever had. I no longer awake with a stiff back or need to stretch. I'm able to just roll out of bed like I did when I was in my 20's and 30's.

Sarah Veltman Waldoboro, ME

Both my husband and I have issues with our backs and finding a mattress that works for both of us has not been easy. Our Nectar mattress does just that. We are both able to get a good nights rest on this mattress. We received the best customer service that would be possible to give. Our mattress came before expected and there was no odor to it as some other customers had complained of. We love ours.

JOHNNY ,

Fabulous mattress, Nectar is the best! Best construction, lifetime warranty! Most of all, the BEST SLEEP. I had lower backpain, sleeping on my Nectar mattress and praying to God, my pain is gone! The pillows are the best too. Other mattress I had the displeasure to sleep on made body hurt all over. When I woke up I was still tired and felt as if I were in a fight. Actually I was in a fight, with the mattress! Now I get the best sleep, wake up pain free and not tired!

Ellouise Atchison Orange, VA

My husband and I had been looking for a new mattress as ours was killing our backs. I researched many different ones and settled on the Nectar as it had a 365 day return if we didn't like it. We received our Nectar and it was truly wonderful. No back aches and the best sleep in ages. Long story short in less than 4 months we ordered a second mattress for our guest room. I have also had several friends buy one as well.

Lee Miller Mesa, AZ

I have now ordered 3 mattresses. 1 queen a year ago another one and a twin just recently. Ordering was simple, delivery was as expected and the real reason I’m happy is the comfort and how well my first one is holding up. I slept on a waterbed for 35 years and this was my replacement. Oh I bought after a friend had 1 for 6 months and I did the research about the company.

Marlene Dawson Parrish, FL

I have had a restful sleep ever since I got my Nectar . I have gone through a rough time for the last couple of years . I had to have chemo and being able to get a good night sleep really helped me lot, also have arthritis Getting the Nectar was the best investment that I ever made. It is so nice to be able to go to bed and be comfortable . I tell everyone to get the Nectar.

T.Benson Woodbridge, VA

Have had the best sleep since the first night on my Nectar mattress. I had shoulder surgery several years ago and hip replacement surgery last year and I never slept well until I had my Nectar mattress. Delivery and set up of my mattress was really easy too. I’ve had my Nectar mattress for just about a year now and absolutely love it - I’ll never purchase any other mattress again.

mongoose mcmongoose Monticello, NY

Best mattress I’ve ever used, my wife as well. Easy ordering. Fast delivery. Great product. We have had the mattress and pillows a year now and they are amazing. I cannot vouch for their return policy/trial period return policy as we love the mattress and plan to keep it, but the initial ordering, shipping, product quality, and customer followup have been exemplary.

Jack Jones Mesquite, TX

The bed is as good as they say it is the bed took my back pain away I get good night of sleep I am very happy with my mattress

Jared Provo, UT

I've slept on a Nectar mattress many times at my sibling's house. It has been great! It was very comfortable and supporting. I can't say anything about their prices, but their products are great!

Thank you Jared!

Jan. 26th, 2021

Shaun McLaughlin Mount Prospect, IL

After an extensive search of mattresses I liked what I heard from other customers. Once I saw the price and the 365 day trial I felt the risk was very low in trying this. I couldn't be happier with my experience and I'm happy to say that the lower back pains I had with my previous (2) mattresses is gone with my Nectar mattresses.

Paula Alati Kirkland, WA

best. bed. ever. We've been sleeping on this for three years now and it's still like brand new. ordering was easy, the bed came quickly, and set up was easy. Getting it up the stairs, that was a challenge--a rolled-up king size mattress is cumbersome, but we got it done!

dreampoet San Diego, CA

The bed is one of the best mattresses I've slept on and I've traveled a lot and stayed in pretty good hotels with nice beds. The service is good. I would suggest them creating a better platform/ base for the bed. I wound up buying another one from Amazon.

Katherine McGrath Claypool, IN

I got my Nectar mattress two or three years ago. I sleep on it with husband twice my size and when he gets up or rolls over I don’t even feel it. His side of the bed is just like mine there is no indentation to show the extra weight. The mattress is perfect

Kathleen Gaskill Springfield, MO

We bought our mattress about three years ago. My father died and when I got home my new mattress was here. It was so comforting to me after 4 mos being gone to come home to bliss. After all this time we still love our mattress. To anyone that buys one make sure you rotate every 3 mos. It makes the mattress fab!

Betty Okemos, MI

I ordered one queen bed and many months later ordered another queen and two XL twin mattresses with frames. They are very comfortable and the company was great to work with. I had an issue with one of the frame boards after several months and the company replaced it promptly. I strongly recommend their products.

Stephanie S Chandler, AZ

I’ve slept amazing on this mattress since day one. The process of purchasing was so simple and it was the best money I ever spent!! Absolutely love this mattress and I brag about it all the time. It’s so comfy and cool and so are the pillows. Definitely recommend. 100/10

Hope Frassinelli Stafford, CT

The best mattress I‘ve ever had. No more aching back. I can finally sleep on my stomach again and feel great in the morning. I have owned my mattress for more than a year now and it is still exactly the same as when I bought it.

Peter Chesterton, IN

I purchased a queen mattress and my overall experience was excellent. It was delivered quickly, setup took just minutes and I slept well every night. No back troubles. I know I could have purchased a mattress for 2-3 times more money, but I don’t think I would have slept any better. I highly recommend it!

Norma Grove Iowa City, IA

We love our mattress ! We added the pillow top for an even more comfortable sleep. We look forward to sleeping in it every night and. When we are away from home we can’t wait to get back to our own bed! It is a very comfortable sleep and conforms to our body without giving up support. We would highly recommend it.

cgrace Jacksonville, FL

I absolutely love love love my nectar mattress. I have experienced the best sleep ever the past year and highly recommend it to everyone. The reason I didn't give 5 stars has to do with the platform bed legs. Unfortunately a couple broke within the first few weeks and were not fixable, so my mattress sits on the floor. The frame was definitely not the same quality as the mattress. I called but never got a call back. But, my mattress rocks!

Jeffrey Kadison Grayslake, IL

I've been sleeping on my Nectar bed for a while now and I think given my age and my normal aches and pains the overall experience has been great. I have not had any issues with the bed at all and I do use their sheets as well and love the comfort.

Paula Graham Little River, SC

The Nectar mattress literally changed my life. I used to wake up with an aching back. Since I’ve been sleeping on my Nectar, I wake up refreshed and no more back pain! I’m not exaggerating! I wouldn’t trade my Nectar for anything!

Tammy Schaufele Severn, MD

I love my bed! I love it so much that I ordered one for our getaway home. My bother in law had me order him one for his home. My mother in law had me order her 2. One for her house and then the other for her getaway home. They are so comfortable to sleep on and the pillows are awesome too.

Jasmin Wilmington, DE

I was in the market for a new mattress so after doing extensive research, I decided that I would get a nectar. I never had problems getting my rest but I find that I am sleeping more soundly and for longer. You get a great guarantee with your purchase too!

Reply from Nectar Sleep

Hi Jasmin! We are so happy to hear that your sleep has improved with your new Nectar mattress, thank you for your review!

Dec. 12th, 2020

Rebecca Mays ,

I love my mattress. It was extremely easy to order and receive and get set up. No complaints on my end!

Reply from Nectar Sleep

Hi Rebecca! This is wonderful to hear, thank you for sharing your experience!

Mar. 24th, 2021

Jennifer Pickens Rockford, IL

This mattress exceeded my expectations. Back pain is gone and it’s the best money I’ve spent maybe ever. I’ve owned my mattress for 6 months and bought a king.

Reply from Nectar Sleep

Hi Jennifer! We are thrilled to hear this and appreciate you sharing your Nectar experience. Happy ZZZs!

Nov. 24th, 2020

larry Hot Springs Village, AR

Did a fair amount of research on a boxed mattress.Nectar was always in the mix.Liked the idea of layers and cooling on the top.Price was right also.I sleep good and thats the bottom line.

Sonia Salida, CA

It’s been about 2yrs since we bought our mattress. We still love it it’s comfortable and great quality. We also purchased the mattress protector, works awesome and super easy to wash, keeps our mattress clean like new!

Donna Pioli Stockton, CA

I suffer from severe lower back pain, and went through several mattresses before I bought the Nectar. I love this mattress! It is the perfect firmness for me. So glad I purchased a Nectar!

Evelyn Czaja Hanover, MA

I’ve never slept on this type of bed before. It’s been great this whole past year. Pillows and all! Glad I bought this. I’ve noticed it can make you feel a little warmer than a regular mattress especially in summer but small potatoes compared to my improved back support. I would recommend this mattress very much.

Kimmey Mckinnon Yukon, OK

I absolutely love my Nectar bed. It help me so much with a newborn I didn’t need all the extra stuff needed for a baby the bed would help with vibration for calming the baby and easy nights. Highly recommended!!

Randi Levittown, PA

I am a side sleeper no more pressure points in my hips or shoulders. No matter the position I am always comfortable. Love the adjustable base too. Best bedroom buy I have made

JanetGail San Diego, CA

Way better than old mattress. No sagging, and still looks new after a year, Took some getting used to, but then very restful. I wake up able to hop out of bed instead of being stiff and achy. Love it!

Jared Witbeck Brooklyn, NY

I've had the best sleep of my life on this mattress! Why spend thousands on something when you can spend way less and have way more. I'm cool, my rest is great. I brag about my nectar constantly!

Randy Schoedler Milwaukee, WI

It keeps it's shape and is nice and warm in the winter with a warmer on top of it. During the summer it takes the heat away from and the comfort is absolutely great. I feel like I am going to sleep on a nice pillow.

Barbara White Jackson, MS

I dislike that I have not been able to talk to someone to change my payment date. It turned out to be really bad for me and I am afraid it has hurt my credit with them which I desperately didn't want to do. Other than that I don't have any complaints. I just think they need a contact number and person to talk to.

Pamela Brown Tallahassee, FL

It took some time for me to get used to sleeping on such a great matress, but I must say my experience has been nothing but good, I sleep so well its hard to let go of the pillow in the morning.

Jonathan Mair Brevard, NC

Without a doubt one of the best mattress I have ever slept on. I bought a Nectar mattress a number of years ago and it is as good as new. Best warranty in the business too. Thank you!!

Matt Markin Kearney, NE

What can I say but yet another very, very comfy sleep solution. I woke up feeling fully rested! I have already burnt too much energy, now leave me alone. I'm going back to sleep now.

Reply from Nectar Sleep

Hi Matt! We're so glad you're finding the mattress comfortable and are getting restful sleep. Thank you for sharing your review, and happy ZZZs!

Nov. 19th, 2020

Terin Layton, UT

Nectar mattresses are the BEST!!!! We have bought two and have had family members buy one after sleeping/laying on ours. The price is so reasonable which is important. They also have great customer service. Nectar is the only mattress brand we will be using in the future.

Reply from Nectar Sleep

Wonderful! We are so glad to hear this, Terin. Thank you for your review, and for being part of the Nectar family!

Nov. 17th, 2020