Upstart Logo

Upstart

5.9

David Storme New York, NY

Overall, the process was very nice. It was a little pushy in the emails, but on the phone very pleasant. I had some issues with confirming my account due to how my bank works with the differentiation of saving and checking accounts.

Haley Stewart San Diego, CA

The process was handled smoothly and professionally. I received my loans within a week of starting the process and was offered an amazing rate. I highly recommend upstart!

Sam Lynch Boston, MA

I had been trying to get a loan of this size at a similar rate for a while now and was having no luck. Upstart was very easy, and had great communication.

Julie Howard Scottsdale, AZ

The experience was awesome! Very prompt communication and processing ..... 2 days from application to funds deposited. The staff was knowledgeable, polite, and made me feel important.

katie Long Beach, NY

upstart was great! They made the loan process easy. The only thing I would change is if you don't get your paperwork in within a certain amount of time it will timeout. But the second loan when through in minutes !

Victor Wolfforth, TX

Upstart has given me the opportunity to get out of those high interest credit cards and get a low rate that will help pay off this debt in 3 years instead of 6 years. Thank you Upstart!

Cassandra Gilroy, CA

I had a pleasant experience with upstart. The process was very straight forward and easy to understand the application. Customer service was also very efficient. Thank you.

Adam Wolenski Brooklyn, NY

Upstart was accommodating and probably the best people I have ever dealt with when getting a loan. Fast, responsive and courteous. I'd recommend them to anyone!

Michael Perry Aurora, CO

Awesome personal, friendly service and quick processing of my loan with no hassle.So much better than big banks with their impersonal rejections based solely on old credit history.

Gregory Rise Perham, MN

Pleased that the process went quickly.Too bad you do not accept PDF format on web upload, but PDF e-mail attachments worked.Laon proceeds ere in my account today, just as expected.Thanks

Erin New York, NY

Very responsive - but sometimes a little too much contact. Requesting documents I had already submitted several times was a little frustrating as I was worried they hadn't been received. However, everyone I talked to was very nice and the process was incredibly quick.

Craig Orem, UT

Upstart was able to help me and my family when it seemed like we didn't have many options. The whole approval process was much easier than expected and the interest rates were very affordable. Thanks Upstart!!

Phillip Pharr, TX

wtf. I Filled out, everything on line supposedly was pre approved and qualified from the web site just need the additional documents. I’m an independent truck driver. Showed them proof of income with deposits from my pay that are direct deposited into my account. These deposits clearly show the company I get paid from with the deposits...bottomline is if they can’t use the documents that they requested or for that matter accept them. Then this sounds like it’s clearly a sham lender! Don’t waste your time with their easy application and approval.

Carol A Holly Westminster, CO

I had an awful experience with Upstart. I typed my email address in wrong on the application and it took an act of God almost to correct it. I was approved for the loan and they said the funds would be in account the next day. I called the next day because there was an error message on my account. I talked to 3 people and they finally said it was because something showed up on my credit report that was not there the day before. I would never tell anyone to try and get a loan with this company they don't know what they are talking about.

Manuel Moorpark, CA

Very insulting, application process was easy but they request more than necessary in my opinion. All they still need is my DNA. The video they me take of myself was odd and insulting. What they're going to do with it now. Watch it over and over and laugh at me. They pre-approved me, then I submitted everything they needed, and I means everything and them some. Did the video and phone interview to get denied 5 days later after getting my approval e-mail.

Kevin Shaw Stanley, WI

Yep...don't waste your time!.... after a process of stringing a customer along for almost a week with no end in sight between emails and personal information.... >> then I get an email saying I have been approved...go into sign 1/2 hr. later and message pops ups...oops... you had a hard hit to your credit report and the loan was denied... I had never applied anywhere else... this place is a joke!

SARAH S. Torrance, CA

its total ripped off. i have a loan with this company. they will charged you a big amount for finance charge which will be deducted from the principal loan., plus the monthly interest rates. if you wanna pay off the loan you can't get away with the interest cause its already included in the total amount that you have to pay off! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY IT WAS TOO LATE FOR ME!!!!!!!

Dre

I thought that Upstart was the best way for me to consolidate my debt. Just as I was about to accept my loan for roughly $6,400, I read through the Promissory note, only to find that they were trying to charge me $3,700 as a finance charge! Forget these guys. I was super excited, but if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. They are not up front about these fees or charges at all throughout the process. Like the two reviews before mine, I can't quite understand all of the positive reviews on this company. It's almost as if they've written the reviews themselves.

Carl Oakland, CA

I don't understand all the positive reviews. My experience has been terrible. APR bait and switch. They've completely blown their own deadlines for loan approval, we're more than a week from application, with no updates at all. Endless waits on telephone hold, and when I did finally get through (after 50 minutes on hold), agent was totally rushed and barely competent. Feels like this company is melting down. Like the reviewer before me, I'm walking away.

Marie Turco Knoxville, TN

This was a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I have excellent credit, a full-time job. I am a contract worker and they had NO idea how to process this --despite millions of people being contract workers. The manager admitted they didn't know how to process these. I sent paper after paper; it was never enough. They never told me one way or the other if I got the loan or not. GO THROUGH A LENDER THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING. Plus, the interest rate wasn't much less than I pay now. I have a Master's degree, good credit, a long work history. Their advertising ins FALSE.

Rich L New York, NY

refreshing, just what the loan industry needs. Wasn't even looking for a loan, but was able to get one to refinance other debt at a lower rate.

Noelle Los Angeles, CA

Efficient, sensible, and nothing scary about the process. I can't wait to be on the flip side of this business and become an investor.

Anonymous Fort Mill, SC

Simple process of applying. The entire process took about three days from initial application to funding. Very well run system.

Gina Gulfport, MS

The process is fast, user friendly, and very straight forward. I was very impressed with the service and professionalism of the Upstart team.

Bryan Brooklyn, NY

Great customer service: knowledgeable, friendly, eager to walk me through the process, patient. Wouldn't change a thing!

Sara Lowry Reading, PA

I was very happy with the process. I have been advocating for a company like yours to look at the entire person, not just a credit score.

J.P Brooklyn, NY

Seamless. Lowest rates. Excellent customer service. A few of the great things about my Upstart experience. Highly recommended!

Mitchell Warnecke Statesville, NC

This was so easy to fill out the Application and then actually getting the money in your account??!! It literally was 1, 2, 3 and then I had the money.

Ryan Nugent Chicago, IL

Amazing service and exceptional company. I would highly recommend them and will definitely let my friends know about this company. Very impressed!

jennifer Vance Tampa, FL

fast process, wonderful customer service and a true blessing of a service you provide. I will be recommending you to friends and family!

Ranko Piscataway, NJ

A great company to get a loan from. Easy to upload all information needed and has low interest rates. I recommend for anyone who needs a loan.

Rob Risko Los Angeles, CA

The customer service was fantastic, the rates were better than my bank would offer me, and the speed and ease of the application process was stellar.

Eddie T Brooklyn, NY

The process was very easy, straight forward and I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a loan. Keep up the great job guys

Ryan McLaughlin Los Angeles, CA

Great service. The application and approval process was quick and easy. Very helpful and got a good rate for a personal loan.

Jason Meade New York, NY

Great experience working with Upstart's customer service team to get my loans. Super helpful team and a speedy response overall.

Taylor NM

So pleased with the whole loan process- very expedient and easy to do. Highly recommending if you have credit card debt accruing excessive interest.

Ana Los Angeles, CA

Very easy to use. They replied to my email inquiry within a reasonable time and with a direct answer to my question. Very straightforward.

Benita Palmer Mobile, AL

The application process was very quick and easy. I would definitely recommend Upstart to anyone needing a small loan in a hurry.

Erin Cookeville, TN

This company is great. Super fast and friendly. Had a loan approval in 1 day. Compared to others I have used that had taken more than a week.

Tara burton Memphis, TN

the process was quick and easy. I was impressed with the thoroughness especially in regards to identifying it was really me.

PC Newark, CA

The most fastest and easiest loan transactions I've made. I received my funds literally in a few days. Thanks Upstart.

Yvonne seidl Seattle, WA

From the beginning to the end, the process was seamless, respectful and easy. A new standard! Hope you will do home loans at some point !

Artie De Los Santos New York, NY

Painless. Quick process and a very helpful staff to help smooth everything out. Can't say how great this company is enough!

Kris Hemet, CA

So went through the process of applications and then it’s been 3 days and 3 payments of like 200+ dollars they asked for in eBay cards they seem like a legal scam business and we were supposed to get money in bank account but just more fees of 300 had to shell out half of what the loan was for

steve Lawrenceville, GA

These people are very unprofessional, They tell you one thing and then do another, Their fees are very high and they act like they are better than you because you are needing to borrow money. Do yourself a favor go to another lender.

Carlo Salcedo

They will take two months just to get you your loan and raise your rate twice, they don't respond to emails or the phone, worst company i have ever dealt with in my life. They are extremely frustraing to even understand what they need, Please PLEASE just stay away from they you wont regret it.

j r m Marlborough, MA

Difficult, unreasonable application information and docs requested. In the end, I got denied with a 725 credit rating. Don't bother not work it. I got a 20k lending club loan in one day with no docs and very little information provided. Easy peasy!!

Kepra McBrayer Nashville, TN

Poorly run. They advertise that they can approve you for a loan before affecting your credit. However even if you get preapproved and supply all the relevant accurate proof of information they can still deny you in the final step after they have already ruined your credit.

Ethan

I qualified for a great rate, found the proccess straightforward and simple, but once they discovered I was deployed overseas in the military (disclosed by me) but still with a home in the U.S., they stopped the proccess and revoked their approval. Wonderful thanks for keeping them safe.

Cheryl Andover, MA

DO NOT, FOR THE LOVE OF [WHOEVER] APPLY!!! They have your personal information, check your credit, and then tell you you can't afford the debt consolidation loan EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A PRE APPROVAL. These people are information seekers. The #10 ratings are fake ratings. trust me. Look for the low ratings and know those are the true ones.