Frontier Internet Logo

Frontier Internet

LAST UPDATED: September 12th, 2022

Frontier Internet Service is a provider that has cable, and DSL internet packages available. They also offer Frontier TV.

Customers can get speeds up to 500 Mbps (in select areas) with fiber optics and keep a set price with the two-year price lock guarantee. Customers can also choose to have a month-to-month contract.

All Frontier internet plans include a direct line to your home and unlimited data so you can stream as much as you want. Frontier has no data caps or usage limits. Frontier provides internet service in 29 states.

Each Frontier customer can bundle internet with DishTV and phone service add-ons. For bundled plans, the internet provider gives customers the chance to mix and match the Internet speeds and channel count. The company also offers promotional discounts for specified bundles and purchase periods.

View Frontier Internet Reviews

The Good

• Affordable Fiber Optic Internet
  • Traditional High Speed Internet
  • Price Guarantee and Month-to-Month Options
  • Mobile App Features

Affordable Fiber Optic Internet

With its fiber internet option, Frontier offers download speeds up to 1 Gbps (1,000 Mbps). But if you don't need that much, Frontier's fiber plans include internet speeds at different intervals, starting at 50 Mbps.

If you want access to a top-of-the-line internet connection, you might choose one of the Frontier plans. Frontier's plan variety will allow you to find a good internet speed for your price range. For specific information about speed availability and pricing in your area, input your zip code on Frontier's website.

Traditional High Speed Internet

Frontier's high-speed internet service plan, which starts at $20 per month, comes with free access to frontier.yahoo.com, including eight email inboxes with 1 TB of storage each, and no data cap limit for Internet usage. This plan supports multi-device streaming and a dedicated internet line straight to your home. Prices vary depending on download speed and bundling. This will be the connection type available to most customers.

Frontier can provide 6 Mbps to 115 Mbps download speeds and up to 3 Mbps upload speeds outside of its fiber-optic offerings. High-speed internet plans from Frontier include a free Frontier router with no upfront costs and no monthly rental fees. Again, for specific details about offerings in your area, you need to contact Frontier directly.

For customers living in rural areas, Frontier's DSL service may be the best available option. Check to see what internet access Frontier can offer you.

Price Guarantee and Month-to-Month Options

Regardless of connection speed, Frontier customers receive a two-year price guarantee. Some other internet providers hike prices after only one year. Additionally, you can subscribe to a Frontier internet plan without a contract, allowing you the flexibility to change services any time. You can go month-to-month if you don't want to sign up for a contract, eliminating the fear of early termination fees. This is a refreshing departure from companies that make you keep using their services because of a contractual agreement.

Mobile App Features

Frontier customers can access their account summary, pay bills, and view past payments online. Frontier also has a mobile app for both Apple and Android where customers can reset passwords, update contact information, link and unlink Frontier accounts, set up autopay, view up to thirteen months of bill history, and access the help desk for technical support. The app makes it easy for Frontier customers to manage their accounts from mobile devices, and it sets the company apart from many other internet service providers.

The Bad

• Limited Service Areas
  • Additional Fees
  • Customer Service Complaints

Limited Service Areas

• Utah
  • Washington
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin

Frontier is new to the market, which means some services may be spotty. Frontier has limited information about its services on its website.

Frontier's service is only available in 25 states and the package information is limited to where service is available. This can be frustrating to potential if you’re trying to find services for your area. Frontier could improve by providing more transparency with their services. Input your address on Frontier's website to check availability.

Additional Fees

Frontier's advertised monthly fees do not include an equipment fee, installation fee, internet infrastructure surcharge, taxes, an early termination fee, and other added costs. While these are detailed in Frontier's terms and conditions, if you focus only on the promotional pricing ads, you can miss this important detail.

Customer Service Complaints

Several customers complain that a customer service rep was unhelpful and technicians did not arrive for scheduled appointments. Because internet service providers serve a large group of users, these complaints are common in the industry. Consumers should expect long phone wait times and may prefer to chat with representatives online.

The Bottom Line

There are many good high-speed providers to choose from. Frontier Internet offers good internet service plans with a variety of speeds and pricing, including fiber optic services at an affordable price. Service is only available in 29 states, but that coverage area is increasing as the technologies progress.

It's also nice that Frontier offers phone service, TV service, and the ability to bundle services with internet plans. But on the other hand, Frontier has month-to-month payments, lengthy contracts, and no data caps. Finally, Frontier gives customers the opportunity to try out different speeds and TV packages before locking into a contract if that's what they choose.

When choosing any internet service provider, be sure to understand what additional fees may arise—equipment or installation—what price hikes look like, and whether your service plan includes a promotional period, discount, or promotional rates. When considering Frontier internet service, be sure to check its website to be sure that it provides internet access to your area.

Call our recommended rep over at Frontier Internet below.

1.6

Robby Brown

The only thing frontier is really good at is reliability. It is a stable service. That being said, you can expect to get slightly less than half of what the advertised speed is that you pay for. If you pay for one gig of service. You will slightly less than 500 Mb per second. I paid for a gig of service and never gotten more than 478 Gb per second at any time. I decided to downgrade since I was not getting what I was paying for. After downgrading to 500 Mb service, I get about 200 Mb per second. Also, the customer service is absolutely horrendous. The worst customer service of any company I have ever experienced in my entire life. Do not do business with this company unless you have to. Unfortunately, in my area, the other option is spectrum. I refuse to do business with them. As soon as a faster option is available in my area, I will drop frontier like a bad habit.

Mrs. R Land O' Lakes, FL

I’ve had Frontier Fiber 500 internet for the last 3 months. Family of 6 with 5 tv’s, 2 desktops, 1 laptop, 1 kindle fire and ZERO issues even during stormy days in FL. Saving money since I switched from Spectrum and would 100% recommend if you have service in your area.

Claudia Zuluaga Orlando, FL

I am giving this company one star because zero is not an option. My internet stopped working completely in the middle of my work day. I spent 5 hours on the phone over a period of two days- most of that time on hold. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was told there was no way to transfer me, but that the manager would call me back within an hour. The manager never returned my call. I was given conflicting messages about when a technician would be coming to correct the problem. The time range changed from a Monday afternoon to Tuesday at 8am then to Tuesday from 1 to 5pm, so I was forced to be home waiting for the technician for two days without internet while I was supposed to be working. All of this while being told that my request was being prioritized. The technician finally showed up the second day - Tuesday, just before 5pm. I can’t imagine what happens to clients who are not prioritized.

Mallory

Frontier Intrenet is an honest and trustworthy service provider to have. The have wonderful customer service and exceptional communication. We highly recommend to anyone shopping around.

Terri Bullhead City, AZ

Excellent service, I've had frontier for over 16 yrs., I live in rural town & have very little issues with there service. All in all the only one that doesn't drop or lose service.

Arms Race Sarasota, FL

Do you miss dial-up internet? Then this is the company for you. I paid for 1,000 mb/s service but actually received 0.05 mb/s service. Don't worry the other advantage of their internet services is you get to "Netflix and chill" like in the old days before streaming. So bust out that dvd collection for your girl because you won't even make it to the homepage of any streaming site with their services.

Avenninyx Creations Atlanta, GA

Frontier is absolutely garbage. They have a geographic monopoly here and because they have no competition they won't fix their service! Our internet commonly goes out for nearly the whole day, on average it's out at least 5 hours a day if not more. We keep losing internet for about a week, it was two weeks of almost no internet about a month ago (and of course I was told they don't have the equipment to fix it but my family was still charged the full amount.) They finally sent a new router after my family having been asking for 2 years, they told us it would fix the problem. It didn't.

Shirley Jones Medina, OH

I had internet which was decent for a couple years then had to switch to phone service for a work from home job and it's been a nightmare. First off, the technician who installed the phone and new modem for it took my old modem and didn't flag it as "returned", so they think they are charging me on my bill for "unreturned equipment" and refuse to take the charge off, some two months later. I tried to log into my work system today to work and discovered for some reason I am unable to receive calls even though I can dial out, so can't log into my system to clock in so thus far have lost three hours of pay and they can't fix it right now. Now I'm screwed. Thanks, Frontier. I won't be able to pay my bills now!! So done.

Billy stout Tampa, FL

I have just switched to Frontier Internet approximately 2 weeks ago and I am 110% satisfied with their system. The Tech that came and installed it was very knowledgeable in explaining the way the system works and made sure that everything was on line TV's, computers etc. I did have to contact customer service about a charge on my bill but they removed it and was very cordial. Happy that I switched.

James Tuttle Kingman, AZ

The only real service availed were I lived. For the price and service. It was alright. Some what slow ,But got the job done.

David Andrus Stafford, TX

I don't even want to give them 1 star. Terrible connection quality and reliability (yes, on FIBER), terrible customer service, opaque billing policies. I had their fiber service for one month and lost connection for extended periods probably 8 different times. Every call into customer service was the same: "There's a problem in the field and we don't know when it will be resolved". How do you make Comcast look amazing? Even returning their garbage equipment was a pain. Do yourself a favor and just burn your money instead, you won't have to deal with their customer service when doing that at least.

Mary Ringo Bryan, TX

So sad to hear that frontier has gone to tactics of AT&T and Direct tv, two failing companies and now they will drag Frontier to their level. I have had a phone through Frontier for over 9 years and now they have partnered up with AT&T and Direct TV it's going downhill fast. Customer service is a joke.

Bill Cash Fort Wayne, IN

I live in fort wayne indiana and i have frontier gig fiber and its ajok gaming sucks download sucks ..speedtests says it all..i have ran speed test all different times day and night...with the same results complete trash gaming is no fast like it should be on fiber...i downloaded a 15 gig game took 20 mins..how pathetic is that! Had several techs here with no resolution.new drop put in not running properly. This has been going on for 4 months with no fix..so problem is from pedastal to hub or from hub to office..i have contacted their so called office of the president with no resolution...all the managers here have told her lies saying there is no problems here when clearly 6of 6 techs that been to my house say there has been a problem of 6 months or more..i have all the proof to fight hem tooth and nail..I will going to be filing acomplaints with the Attorney Generals office of Indiana..also with the federal trades commision and also filing a formal complaint with the fcc...i promise this will get investigated ..i have already soke with a few already of what i can do. I have gave them the benefit of thedoubt and ample time to rectify the problem and held off filing these complaints..now im done playing games

Deena Smith Westland, MI

would give zero stars if I could. Order service, doesn't work. Bill you the whole time. Charge all these charges out of the blue. "Surprise charges". Change your phone number multiple times without informing you. Sends the tech out, he says, "Oh I can't do this today, I have to pick my kid up" or " Oh man this is a big job. Do I really have to do this, are you sure you want this"? Doesn't do the job. Suppose to come today, does not show. Call customer service, they say he marked down that he came and completed the job. They are literally robbing people. How do you pay for a service you haven't had working since you got it? Also, they claim you owe 3 months when you've paid EVERY month. I think it's time to take this to Ohio attorney general. I've had to before and they did do their job. This is ridiculous, a scam of a company. Unprofessional, rude, and customer service is a joke. This is just what they are doing to my Mother. They did the same to me years ago. Sad to see no improvement in the company.

v3ng3nZ 2010 Danbury, CT

Not even installed yet and I can tell they are ful of it. Had to reschedule appointment 3 times and lost 3 days of work. They sold me on their "fiber GB internet", got many fliers in mail. I signed up and now they are waiting for "contractors" to actually connect the fiber to the internet via splicers. Its cold and connection is underground, and they probably wont touch it until spring. What a joke. If this is how they treat new customers I do not want to stick around and wait to become an actual paying customer. Its obvious the company does not care. The people involved in rolling this out should all be fired because they have no idea how much money they just cost the company. By Frontier, nice not knowing you.

Sirdriz77 Fairfield, CT

I switched to frontier after getting fed up worn my local cable provider. The TV part of the package was great but the internet was not what was promised. I was very clear when switching that I was looking for fiber optic high speed internet needed for my husbands work, and I was told that was what I was getting. After the installation was complete and I was having issues with the upload speed it was confirmed that fiber optic wasn’t available in my area and they had installed DSL. I unfortunately ended up having to switch back to cable.

Darryl Shelmire Long Beach, CA

I've had frontier internet for over 3 years now, the speeds are fast with the 500 down and 500 up package. There are a few things that I didn't like though.. 1) when you use your own router they still charge a $10 router rental fee. 2) after your contract is up you can't sign up for the newest promotion.

Rossana Boyd Denton, TX

I called Frontier to restore my Internet service. The lady (Rachel) who took my claim was very professional and gracious. The gentleman who came repaired the service and his work was outstanding. My Internet service works perfectly now. Thank you Frontier!

GetItWrite

People locally "warned" me not to use Frontier internet service. But I did, was with them for 5+ years and loved it. The service and support were both great. The only reason I switched was to save $25/mo. as a new customer with a different carrier. If they could've matched the rate, I'd still be with them.

Theodore Russelle Perris, CA

Live in a rural area , we have only phones and tablets , we have had 75 mbps They got rid of it bumped me to 100 , I didn't want to pay the 10 bucks it ended going to 50 , wifey said need more , got service in her name went back to 100 The internet in our area works great for us , having a TV plan is costly just trying to save money Our internet is great and were happy with it ; I would recommend the internet

MARIE-NOELLE MARQUIS Los Angeles, CA

I use internet for work so speed and reliability is key. I’m very happy with the amount of speed I get and the price is excellent. Shockingly affordable actually. I used to have xfinity for $100 more for slower internet. So price wise And speed wise Frontier wins In a heartbeat. Their technicians are great and knowledgeable. Their customer service...soso. They did repair on my street and “forgot” to reconnect my line. Took 6 days to fix it and I was in the middle of a work deadline. Since I do film production- I couldn’t just go to a coffee shop to get a signal and had to rent an edit bay to submit my work on time. Frontier refuse to credit me a month worth of service and I think that’s incredibly crappy customer service. I was asking for $55 credit after spending $1500 In rental because of Their mess up. So...definitely wouldn’t recommend them based on that. But if you are looking for speed I would say they are mostly reliable. Tip: get a technician’s direct number. You won’t have to wait a week that way if something goes wrong.

Jenna Caston Monroe, NY

Was on the phone with a rep setting up service for over an hour, we got disconnected and he never called back. I called back and only half of the service was set up, the second rep did not offer me any of the specials that the first rep did so I had to stay on the phone for over another hour working things out. I was told that I would hear from the service department in regards to scheduling an appointment to get everything set up in my house. I received a call at 7 PM that night, I did not answer it so I called them back the next day. When I called them back they could not find my account with the account numbers I was provided with, nor my name, address etc. After being on the phone with him for over another hour I wound up asking him to make sure everything was canceled because I was not wasting any more time. People were nice, but did not seem like they knew what they were doing at all. It was incredibly frustrating and a waste of time.

Dana Hatfield Bullhead City, AZ

Customer service is polite and fairly helpful. Prices are high. DSL internet is slow and unreliable. It went in and out on a regular basis. In 3 years I went through 4 routers. When I moved it took 9 days to get my service moved to new house even though they supposedly sent 3 technicians out to the house before one actually showed up and got my service hooked up.

Andrea Thomas Richland, WA

Our services with frontier were spotty. It was frustrating to pay for the internet service and not get the quality we were paying for. After trying to work with customer service for months, we decided to switch carriers. I would not recommend Frontier, although the customer service agents were respectful and kind.

RONALD WHITE Boise, ID

We have had Frontier internet service in our rural community since 2017. They have some of the worst internet service I have ever had, even worse than DIAL-UP modem service back in the early 2000's. Only thing going for Frontier internet is the tech support people that are the field workers in our rural area. The customer service on the phone is all foreigners and are some of the hardest to comprehend when we call them. I would never recommend Frontier to anybody but they are the only internet service provider we have available to us. I am impatiently waiting for a better service to come into our area. provider

Afzaal Ahmad League City, TX

I got Frontier Internet two weeks ago at my home. It worked only 5 days and broke down, I called their service department and after initial troubleshooting I was told that a technician will be needed to fix the issue. They told me since it was a weekend so the next technician will be available after three days. I told them if my internet will not be fixed by not next day, I will have to go back to my previous provider Xfinity, well they sent a technician next day who changed the outside wall box and told me that they are having issues with these boxes. Just after one week and over the weekend we had to go thru the same situation, internet went out of service on Saturday and the technician will come on Monday to have a look. I had enough of this and called them to disconnect immediately. I will never use and recommend Frontier Communications again for their Ir reliable service.

Carl Doan Murrieta, CA

Easy to setup and use so far. A rep came into my area and I decided to switch services from Spectrum to Frontier. I got faster speeds at lower costs. I do not see the advertised speeds, but I do see faster upload speeds. Billing is simple and their website easy to use.

Jim Bradenton, FL

Be careful, read fine print, bait and switch. We signed 2 year contract for $53.99 tax included a month, one year later it went up $10.70 to $64.99! Called, Rep. said that’s because we let you have the router free for the 1st year only! BS ! It was a 2 YEAR CONTRACT! Representative never conveyed that. So we’ll be changing to Spectrum very soon.

Mark Boucher

Is the best of the best internet provider ever! Is cheap is fast and stable! If one day frontier goes out the business, I won't use internet anymore, anyway, frontier is the best!

JC Redmond, WA

I have been an internet customer with Frontier Comm for 1 year now. Aside from some glitchy upstart issues, we’ve been generally satisfied with our in-home internet service. However, after a recent transfer of services from one address to the next, I am highly-dissatisfied with the scheduling and customer service capabilities of the organization. An overview of my experience is below. I knew ahead of time that we were going to be moving, so to be proactive, I called June 4th to schedule our move with Frontier for June 27th, the 1-5p window because we could not access the new address until 1:30p. The first person I spoke with was over the phone, a number I accessed from the “Move with Frontier” web section: 1.877.649.3380. We confirmed over the phone that my request had been entered into the system, despite her multiple attempts to place me in the 8-12p slot. June 11th, I would find that the appointment was actually confirmed for 8-12p. From beginning to end, I initiated 8 hours worth of contact time with nine Frontier employees over the next month, specifically about scheduling and fulfilling this single appointment for the 1-5p window on June 27th. Over this time, I used three of their available platforms to attempt to schedule 4 total appointments for the 27th and they were either incorrectly scheduled, cancelled, or deferred by Frontier. The appointment was eventually fulfilled until July 2, at 3:30p. By my own efforts, I was able to have my monthly cost adjusted for the days without service, but that is where it ended, despite my requests to address this month long inconvenience. There is no compensation or reimbursement for inconvenience of any type, even through Retention. Essentially, I was reimbursed $5 for 8 hours of my time for something that should have been resolved in the first phone call. If it's about quality internet, I'd give them a 4. Customer service representatives are ill-equipped to take care of customers - especially when it's their error!

Robert Lithia, FL

I've had Frontier since they bought out Verizon FiOS here in Tampa several years ago. Technically, the service has been OK, though Verizon's was great. Frontier's billing and customer service are a train wreck though. I've been trying for 5 months now to get auto-pay to work correctly on a second account, and despite 4 calls to customer service (totalling nearly 2 hours of my time), the auto-pay is STILL failing inexplicably and charging me late fees. Meanwhile, my other account's auto-pay works fine with the same credit card, and I can pay the bill on this account via their UI using the same card. The kicker is that despite these failures originating at the Frontier end, their customer service refuses to refund the late fees. On this last call today, I said, "So you're telling me that my ONLY option is to pay the bill and then blog about it?" And the rep said, "Yes, unfortunately, that's all we can do." So here I am!

Frances Cottrell Fennville, MI

I am a current Frontier customer, because I have limited options for internet in the rural area where I live, but if I did have other options, I would switch my ISP. Frontier's internet is decent, in that I don't have a lot of issues with connectivity, but their customer service and support leaves much to be desired. When you call them, they have the typical electronic operator, who walks you through all of the tree based options to choose from, in order to get to the department you need to help with your current issue. This is understandable and expected. The first live person you speak to is typically American, which is nice. They are also quite friendly and helpful. Again, this is why I am giving them two stars. It's a general expectation to encounter helpful associates who want to try to fix your issue immediately, and if not, turf you back into the phone system to the dept. that is most likely able to help you. Great. Expectations met, so far. Then, you get to their technical support. Throw away any positive expectations you may have, and expect the worst. After all, happiness is defined as having your expectations met or exceeded. Do not expect happiness. I called them yesterday, just to get my Primary and Secondary DNS numbers. No issues, just need information. I had to call them back three times, because I was hung up on twice, and the second time the customer service rep promised she would call me back in 10 or 15 minutes to make sure I didn't get hung up on again, then she hung up on me, and did not call back. On the first call, the tech support person I spoke to, after giving all of my information to the customer service rep, picked up my call and told me that she had reviewed my issues while I was waiting on hold, and that I should reset my router, as that would probably fix my issues. Apparently, she didn't review anything, because I didn't have any issues to report. I just needed my DNS information. When I asked her why she wanted me to reset my router, as I had no issues and should I be aware of any that I didn't know existed, she got curt with me and said, "You don't have to reset your router, it's up to you!" I told her the reason for my call, and that my internet was currently working, so why should I reset it? I was asking nicely, b/c I was concerned that there was an issue I was unaware of, and she hung up on me. Two hours and three call backs later, I spoke to a supervisor who was able to give me the numbers I needed. I can go on with other examples, but the point is, their customer service LACKS greatly! I also do not like being turfed to techs whose accents are difficult to understand, and who treat me like I am an idiot (I work in IS, so I have a fair amount of technical knowledge), or who lie to me that they have looked over my issue, while I was on hold. On top of poor customer service, their website is terrible. There was a stent of several weeks where I couldn't pay my bill online, b/c the "Pay Bill" hyperlink just didn't work. Then, they expected me to pay a fee for using their phone service. Really? You're an ISP! Your website should be flawless, and when it's down, you shouldn't charge your customers for your lack of good maintenance. Right now, the chat system doesn't work, so I have to call to complain. I work for a living, and then go home to two young children. I don't have time to call. I just want to do a quick chat at my desk, and get it over with. If you're looking for an ISP that is helpful, then look further. My experiences over the past 5+ years with their customer service has been dismal. Thankfully, and as a noted attribute to them, our internet service hasn't gone down very often. Kudos, Frontier, for getting something right!

Adria Moskowitz

I inherited this account in a divorce. I never got "new account" discount. A service rep. was able to find me a 1-year discounted contract for being a "loyal customer". It was great!

Cassandra Eggert

Setting up service with them in our new home took over a month. Once we did have service, our bill had extra insurances added to it that we never agreed to (secret charge). It took over 3 months after that's initial bill to start receiving the correct charges and credits applied to the previous overcharges. The level of self-advocacy and babysitting of the progress of our case was laughable. That being said they are half the price of our competitor internet provider in the area, so you get what you pay for I guess.

Vera Thompson

I was with Frontier for about 5 years for satellite, and land line, and for about 6 months for internet, overall they are a Very Good Company with Cutomer Service issues being taken care of, and retaining their cutomers

DJMikeBizaar Music Keller, TX

I am currently a company of Frontier communications and I have had little to no issues with the internet itself. Its been up and consistent and support and customer service is decent. The only reason they got 4 of 5 stars was due to the times I have had to replace their equipment, 3 years, 4 routers is a bit much

Olivia LeBaron Delta, UT

My biggest complaint is that they aren’t proactive on top of their problems. Customer service can be slow. They seem to wait for lots of people to complain and notice the problem before they do something about it. But they do eventually solve their problems. For a small, rural area, they do a pretty good job. The internet is on the slow side, but that is mostly because we live in such a rural place.

MRCONSULT Los Angeles, CA

very reliable, speed in rural area not very high around 2-4 Mbps but ok even for streaming.

J. Garrett Lansing, MI

I had service with Frontier some years back and it was the absolute worst! Poor customer service. Poor quality internet. I just wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I had to call them multiple times to come bury the exposed lines in my yard. Took forever!

PETRISPLAQUE Largo, FL

I disconnected the service 3 days after their billing cycle. They do not do partial Billings, therefore: THEY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT 27 DAYS FOR SERVICES NOT PROVIDED IN AN INHABITED HOUSE. That speaks loudly of the policy of this company. Their excuse: the bills are prepared one month in advance! (I am glad they don’t do it one year in advance. READ REVIEWS! STAY AWAY

Dwayne Baker Munich, BY

i switch over from suddin link because they suck they lied about there data plan Frontier was even worse now its on its off ihave more down time then ever and still half to pay the bill just like every other company tell what you wont to here lie to your face then take it away its Greed that is running this country right know. just in the time to wright this internet went out twice!!!!

Jeff Shiflet MI

This company is the only choice in my part of the country unless you want satellite and goes out every time it rains. It took a month once to get a relay replaced in the building they meet and take their breaks in. I care for my elderly parents which ment I could go to my home a half mile away because they couldn't contact me. Oh yes and the insisted I pay for that month. Now today's problem called to get my home phone turned off since I can use my cell over my internet. They disabled my internet also and insist someone will have to come to the house and reset it. So once again I am at my parents house or should I say parent now for 9 days until it is fixed. I also can't FaceTime with my family overseas because of the lack of cell coverage. Wow so nice of them going down Monday morning to talk to a technician and see if they will help me out. Doubt it but worth a try.

JoAnna St Louis, MO

I had Frontier Internet in the past and was very happy with the service and would use them again! Their customer service was excellent and the internet did not go down.

Michele Switzer Webster, NY

This has been a nightmare. If I could give zero stars I would. I have tried to set up new phone service for my 80 yo mother who is dying of cancer on Hospice for over a week now. I have spent over four hours on the phone with Frontier. Know that ALL their calls (sales and customer service) are outsourced to Brazil, and that NO ONE there has any idea what is going on or how to help me. At this point, I'm just trying to cancel the service, but I've been unable to do so despite spending over an hour already AGAIN on the phone today. DO NOT use this company! They do not follow American business rules and are not regulated. Once you start down the path with them, you will spend literally hours on the phone with you and will be billed, despite your phone service not being set up and not working. I was on the phone today for over two hours just trying to get the service cancelled. Truly, I am a physician, this is the most despicable and, in my opinion, illegal operation I've ever encountered. Don't believe the positive reviews...I've read that Frontier offers incentives to its existing customers to do so.

melrose1989 Gardena, CA

I have been with frontier for almost 10 years now. The customer service is lacking and their prices are outrageous for the service they provide. They want to continue to raise their prices each year but fail to upgrade your modem or even call, email, etc to check on your service. Not to mention our internet goes out ALL the time and we live IN TOWN!

Irine Torrance, CA

Frontier is a scam who gives out false information each time you call them. I signed up for service at 39.99 a month with no router as I had my own. First bill came in at 49.99 along with the activation and installation charges. When I inquired about it, they said that even if you use the router or not, there will be a $10 charge. I argued with them saying that was not told initially when the order was placed. After 2 hours of argument, they said they will ship the router within 2 - 2.5 weeks. I have still not received it and when I called back to check on the status of the router, they said an extra $10 will be charged. Also they promised 500 Mbps but only 50 Mbps is actually provided. They neither have any record of earlier calls which I believe is a total bluff. Do not use this service, its been total disappointment since day one. I will be writing this all over internet.

Misty Wisdom Floresville, TX

I have Frontier for over a year and the customer service is horrible very rude every person I've spoken to I've waited 10 hours on the phone that is not a lie also it drops all the time the only thing available in my area so I can continue to use it but it's horrible I'm so looking forward to someone else being in my area so I won't never have to use them again I have never in my life came across such a rude customer service or waiting hours and hours if you have an issue with your service you have to wait a week for them to come fix it and then they give you $9 is $4 off your bill so do you want internet I highly suggest you find another one other than Frontier because it's not only horrible but the service is horrible customer service cheap boxes

Stacey Recchia Watertown, CT

I had a confirmation email for services to start on 10/5 between 8-12 , at 11:45 I decided to call as no one reached out, they had no recollection of what I was talking to and told me they could get someone out in 2 days. I own a mental health business with clients who need help today, not in 2 days. I intentionally chose this day as out location opens the next day. Bec was the most unprofessional, mocking rep I've spoken to - she refused to escalate, told me to google the email addresses for the higher ups as she can't give out their information to protect them. Absurd, business emails are for this exact reason- they are thieves and a reason their company is going bankrupt - stay away they will make you feel like it's your fault. THE WORST.

TommyT Flower Mound, TX

Very deceptive and bad service. First they claim your rate is locked for 2 years. After the 1st year they increase the rate for the router fee. So the router fee is excluded from the rate increase agreement. Then after 2 years when you the contract expires and you cancel -- they will stick you with another $9.99 broadband cancellation fee???? very desperate and deceptive? Not only is Frontier Communications a rip off and deceptive, the service sucks. Every time it rains or snow, the service either disconnects or is so slow you cannot use it. When you call for service, they come out when the weather is good again so service is back to normal?? so they will never fix the 'bad weather' disconnect issues.

Pamela B Fairmount, GA

Frontier has my area locked in and no other providers can e used or will service the area. It is beyond troublesome. On both sides of our area they have fiber network lines available. Frontier provides speeds up to 2.9, Yes I am not kidding you !!! Covid shut down our office and I am unable to work from home because either the bandwith or simply too many people sharing the lines ow whatever wont allow enough speed to run my VOIP telephone preventing me from working from home. Now on 2 sides of my subdivision ETC offers fiber lines, but they wont supply to our neighborhood because Frontier supplies service to this area. But Frontier can not sufficiently service or supply the area, but they aren't doing anything to resolve, The have no ports for business lines, and they don't care. How is this business regulated and I pay a monthly fee to the FCC. I am thinking that every customer pays an FCC fee and other fees at $1.19 that ads up to a nice healthy paycheck for not doing anything helpful I have been a customer for 20 years and for 20 years the service charges my $69.00 for high speed internet in Fairmount GA but my service hardly lets me stream you tube or netflix.