Frontier Internet Logo

Frontier Internet

5.9

Frontier Internet Service is a provider that has cable, and DSL internet packages available. They also offer Frontier TV.

Customers can get speeds up to 500 Mbps (in select areas) with fiber optics and keep a set price with the two-year price lock guarantee. Customers can also choose to have a month-to-month contract.

All Frontier internet plans include a direct line to your home and unlimited data so you can stream as much as you want. Frontier has no data caps or usage limits. Frontier provides internet service in 29 states.

Each Frontier customer can bundle internet with DishTV and phone service add-ons. For bundled plans, the internet provider gives customers the chance to mix and match the Internet speeds and channel count. The company also offers promotional discounts for specified bundles and purchase periods.

View Frontier Internet Reviews

The Good

• Affordable Fiber Optic Internet
  • Traditional High Speed Internet
  • Price Guarantee and Month-to-Month Options
  • Mobile App Features

Affordable Fiber Optic Internet

With its fiber internet option, Frontier offers download speeds up to 1 Gbps (1,000 Mbps). But if you don't need that much, Frontier's fiber plans include internet speeds at different intervals, starting at 50 Mbps.

If you want access to a top-of-the-line internet connection, you might choose one of the Frontier plans. Frontier's plan variety will allow you to find a good internet speed for your price range. For specific information about speed availability and pricing in your area, input your zip code on Frontier's website.

Traditional High Speed Internet

Frontier's high-speed internet service plan, which starts at $20 per month, comes with free access to frontier.yahoo.com, including eight email inboxes with 1 TB of storage each, and no data cap limit for Internet usage. This plan supports multi-device streaming and a dedicated internet line straight to your home. Prices vary depending on download speed and bundling. This will be the connection type available to most customers.

Frontier can provide 6 Mbps to 115 Mbps download speeds and up to 3 Mbps upload speeds outside of its fiber-optic offerings. High-speed internet plans from Frontier include a free Frontier router with no upfront costs and no monthly rental fees. Again, for specific details about offerings in your area, you need to contact Frontier directly.

For customers living in rural areas, Frontier's DSL service may be the best available option. Check to see what internet access Frontier can offer you.

Price Guarantee and Month-to-Month Options

Regardless of connection speed, Frontier customers receive a two-year price guarantee. Some other internet providers hike prices after only one year. Additionally, you can subscribe to a Frontier internet plan without a contract, allowing you the flexibility to change services any time. You can go month-to-month if you don't want to sign up for a contract, eliminating the fear of early termination fees. This is a refreshing departure from companies that make you keep using their services because of a contractual agreement.

Mobile App Features

Frontier customers can access their account summary, pay bills, and view past payments online. Frontier also has a mobile app for both Apple and Android where customers can reset passwords, update contact information, link and unlink Frontier accounts, set up autopay, view up to thirteen months of bill history, and access the help desk for technical support. The app makes it easy for Frontier customers to manage their accounts from mobile devices, and it sets the company apart from many other internet service providers.

The Bad

• Limited Service Areas
  • Additional Fees
  • Customer Service Complaints

Limited Service Areas

• Utah
  • Washington
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin

Frontier is new to the market, which means some services may be spotty. Frontier has limited information about its services on its website.

Frontier's service is only available in 25 states and the package information is limited to where service is available. This can be frustrating to potential if you’re trying to find services for your area. Frontier could improve by providing more transparency with their services. Input your address on Frontier's website to check availability.

Additional Fees

Frontier's advertised monthly fees do not include an equipment fee, installation fee, internet infrastructure surcharge, taxes, an early termination fee, and other added costs. While these are detailed in Frontier's terms and conditions, if you focus only on the promotional pricing ads, you can miss this important detail.

Customer Service Complaints

Several customers complain that a customer service rep was unhelpful and technicians did not arrive for scheduled appointments. Because internet service providers serve a large group of users, these complaints are common in the industry. Consumers should expect long phone wait times and may prefer to chat with representatives online.

The Bottom Line

There are many good high-speed providers to choose from. Frontier Internet offers good internet service plans with a variety of speeds and pricing, including fiber optic services at an affordable price. Service is only available in 29 states, but that coverage area is increasing as the technologies progress.

It's also nice that Frontier offers phone service, TV service, and the ability to bundle services with internet plans. But on the other hand, Frontier has month-to-month payments, lengthy contracts, and no data caps. Finally, Frontier gives customers the opportunity to try out different speeds and TV packages before locking into a contract if that's what they choose.

When choosing any internet service provider, be sure to understand what additional fees may arise—equipment or installation—what price hikes look like, and whether your service plan includes a promotional period, discount, or promotional rates. When considering Frontier internet service, be sure to check its website to be sure that it provides internet access to your area.

Call our recommended rep over at Frontier Internet below.

1.5

Jim Jacob Arlington, TX

Horrible internet connection and speed. Have had work orders in many times. I am taking music lessons on line. Horrible connection and speed. My Wi-Fi Roku tv always has trouble connecting to their Wi-Fi. It always takes at least two times to connect because of the slow speed. Sometimes it takes as many as six times to connect.

allen stroud Newbury Park, CA

i find it funny that when the government banned isp providers from requiring you to use their routers, the speed coincidentally got really bad and now i don't get near the speeds i used to get with the same router that i pay for. horrible company or they can't find good engineers or verizon knew the network old and failing so they dumped it. ugh

Jennifer Berning Tipp City, OH

I won't ever use Frontier again. They were notoriously slow about outages and were always quick to take money even for time I had no service. I was charged for service for a month and a half after discontinuing my service. I always had a difficult time getting a hold of anyone. Wouldn't recommend them!

Mark Nolot Fort Wayne, IN

Frontier is horrible to work with. If you are a small business do not use them at all costs. I have a Pri system with 15 lines pay over $1,000 per month have over $10,000 worth of equipment. You would think that when you call us the phone would ring. Nope, it is busy if we are on the phone it has been this way for close to 2 months now. With 14 other lines, it should rollover. Nope it does not so the thousands and thousands we are spending on advertising you can not get ahold of us. They do not care how much money they are costing us. We pay the bill every month have never been late but a

Misty Wisdom Floresville, TX

I have Frontier for over a year and the customer service is horrible very rude every person I've spoken to I've waited 10 hours on the phone that is not a lie also it drops all the time the only thing available in my area so I can continue to use it but it's horrible I'm so looking forward to someone else being in my area so I won't never have to use them again I have never in my life came across such a rude customer service or waiting hours and hours if you have an issue with your service you have to wait a week for them to come fix it and then they give you $9 is $4 off your bill so do you want internet I highly suggest you find another one other than Frontier because it's not only horrible but the service is horrible customer service cheap boxes

Toni Purdy Bullhead City, AZ

Not my favorite. I spent 7 months fighting them over the last bill that they overcharged me on. Although I won finally I would not recommend them.

Sicely Lyn Russell Phoenix, AZ

I currently use Frontier right now and it works pretty well. The internet runs fast so I think it's great!

MARIE-NOELLE MARQUIS Los Angeles, CA

I use internet for work so speed and reliability is key. I’m very happy with the amount of speed I get and the price is excellent. Shockingly affordable actually. I used to have xfinity for $100 more for slower internet. So price wise And speed wise Frontier wins In a heartbeat. Their technicians are great and knowledgeable. Their customer service...soso. They did repair on my street and “forgot” to reconnect my line. Took 6 days to fix it and I was in the middle of a work deadline. Since I do film production- I couldn’t just go to a coffee shop to get a signal and had to rent an edit bay to submit my work on time. Frontier refuse to credit me a month worth of service and I think that’s incredibly crappy customer service. I was asking for $55 credit after spending $1500 In rental because of Their mess up. So...definitely wouldn’t recommend them based on that. But if you are looking for speed I would say they are mostly reliable. Tip: get a technician’s direct number. You won’t have to wait a week that way if something goes wrong.

Anonymous , IL

Frontier is the absolute worst internet provider. They have terrible speeds and I get less than half of the download speeds I am supposed to get. Generally I get downloading speeds of around 500Kbs a second which is absolutely horrible. The internet goes out several times a day every single day of the week. It is ridiculous how bad this internet service is. They won’t ever do anything to fix it either because they are the only option where I live. If you have any other options definitely choose the one that is not frontier.

Stacey Recchia Watertown, CT

I had a confirmation email for services to start on 10/5 between 8-12 , at 11:45 I decided to call as no one reached out, they had no recollection of what I was talking to and told me they could get someone out in 2 days. I own a mental health business with clients who need help today, not in 2 days. I intentionally chose this day as out location opens the next day. Bec was the most unprofessional, mocking rep I've spoken to - she refused to escalate, told me to google the email addresses for the higher ups as she can't give out their information to protect them. Absurd, business emails are for this exact reason- they are thieves and a reason their company is going bankrupt - stay away they will make you feel like it's your fault. THE WORST.

Carl Doan Murrieta, CA

Easy to setup and use so far. A rep came into my area and I decided to switch services from Spectrum to Frontier. I got faster speeds at lower costs. I do not see the advertised speeds, but I do see faster upload speeds. Billing is simple and their website easy to use.

Rossana Boyd Denton, TX

I called Frontier to restore my Internet service. The lady (Rachel) who took my claim was very professional and gracious. The gentleman who came repaired the service and his work was outstanding. My Internet service works perfectly now. Thank you Frontier!

GetItWrite

People locally "warned" me not to use Frontier internet service. But I did, was with them for 5+ years and loved it. The service and support were both great. The only reason I switched was to save $25/mo. as a new customer with a different carrier. If they could've matched the rate, I'd still be with them.

Theodore Russelle Perris, CA

Live in a rural area , we have only phones and tablets , we have had 75 mbps They got rid of it bumped me to 100 , I didn't want to pay the 10 bucks it ended going to 50 , wifey said need more , got service in her name went back to 100 The internet in our area works great for us , having a TV plan is costly just trying to save money Our internet is great and were happy with it ; I would recommend the internet

Braden Matthews Herrin, IL

Frontier does not have good wifi in Carbondale, IL if you are renting an apartment. Can't even get good connection when its just one thing on the wifi.

CoasterRider Show Low, AZ

Frontier Internet is our only choice in this rural part of our state. It is not reliable service. However customer service is top notch.

Steve Booth Andrews, NC

If I could rate the company a zero, I would. I called the company even times and spent hours attempting to get service. I got to the point where they said that they needed to send me equipment via UPS. They have no offices in any location closer than 400 miles away. I called and cancelled / closed the account. They charged me $27.77 for this. I paid so that I never have to deal with them again.

TommyT Flower Mound, TX

Very deceptive and bad service. First they claim your rate is locked for 2 years. After the 1st year they increase the rate for the router fee. So the router fee is excluded from the rate increase agreement. Then after 2 years when you the contract expires and you cancel -- they will stick you with another $9.99 broadband cancellation fee???? very desperate and deceptive? Not only is Frontier Communications a rip off and deceptive, the service sucks. Every time it rains or snow, the service either disconnects or is so slow you cannot use it. When you call for service, they come out when the weather is good again so service is back to normal?? so they will never fix the 'bad weather' disconnect issues.

Pamela B Fairmount, GA

Frontier has my area locked in and no other providers can e used or will service the area. It is beyond troublesome. On both sides of our area they have fiber network lines available. Frontier provides speeds up to 2.9, Yes I am not kidding you !!! Covid shut down our office and I am unable to work from home because either the bandwith or simply too many people sharing the lines ow whatever wont allow enough speed to run my VOIP telephone preventing me from working from home. Now on 2 sides of my subdivision ETC offers fiber lines, but they wont supply to our neighborhood because Frontier supplies service to this area. But Frontier can not sufficiently service or supply the area, but they aren't doing anything to resolve, The have no ports for business lines, and they don't care. How is this business regulated and I pay a monthly fee to the FCC. I am thinking that every customer pays an FCC fee and other fees at $1.19 that ads up to a nice healthy paycheck for not doing anything helpful I have been a customer for 20 years and for 20 years the service charges my $69.00 for high speed internet in Fairmount GA but my service hardly lets me stream you tube or netflix.

Mark Boucher

Is the best of the best internet provider ever! Is cheap is fast and stable! If one day frontier goes out the business, I won't use internet anymore, anyway, frontier is the best!

JC Redmond, WA

I have been an internet customer with Frontier Comm for 1 year now. Aside from some glitchy upstart issues, we’ve been generally satisfied with our in-home internet service. However, after a recent transfer of services from one address to the next, I am highly-dissatisfied with the scheduling and customer service capabilities of the organization. An overview of my experience is below. I knew ahead of time that we were going to be moving, so to be proactive, I called June 4th to schedule our move with Frontier for June 27th, the 1-5p window because we could not access the new address until 1:30p. The first person I spoke with was over the phone, a number I accessed from the “Move with Frontier” web section: 1.877.649.3380. We confirmed over the phone that my request had been entered into the system, despite her multiple attempts to place me in the 8-12p slot. June 11th, I would find that the appointment was actually confirmed for 8-12p. From beginning to end, I initiated 8 hours worth of contact time with nine Frontier employees over the next month, specifically about scheduling and fulfilling this single appointment for the 1-5p window on June 27th. Over this time, I used three of their available platforms to attempt to schedule 4 total appointments for the 27th and they were either incorrectly scheduled, cancelled, or deferred by Frontier. The appointment was eventually fulfilled until July 2, at 3:30p. By my own efforts, I was able to have my monthly cost adjusted for the days without service, but that is where it ended, despite my requests to address this month long inconvenience. There is no compensation or reimbursement for inconvenience of any type, even through Retention. Essentially, I was reimbursed $5 for 8 hours of my time for something that should have been resolved in the first phone call. If it's about quality internet, I'd give them a 4. Customer service representatives are ill-equipped to take care of customers - especially when it's their error!

Robert Lithia, FL

I've had Frontier since they bought out Verizon FiOS here in Tampa several years ago. Technically, the service has been OK, though Verizon's was great. Frontier's billing and customer service are a train wreck though. I've been trying for 5 months now to get auto-pay to work correctly on a second account, and despite 4 calls to customer service (totalling nearly 2 hours of my time), the auto-pay is STILL failing inexplicably and charging me late fees. Meanwhile, my other account's auto-pay works fine with the same credit card, and I can pay the bill on this account via their UI using the same card. The kicker is that despite these failures originating at the Frontier end, their customer service refuses to refund the late fees. On this last call today, I said, "So you're telling me that my ONLY option is to pay the bill and then blog about it?" And the rep said, "Yes, unfortunately, that's all we can do." So here I am!

Frances Cottrell Fennville, MI

I am a current Frontier customer, because I have limited options for internet in the rural area where I live, but if I did have other options, I would switch my ISP. Frontier's internet is decent, in that I don't have a lot of issues with connectivity, but their customer service and support leaves much to be desired. When you call them, they have the typical electronic operator, who walks you through all of the tree based options to choose from, in order to get to the department you need to help with your current issue. This is understandable and expected. The first live person you speak to is typically American, which is nice. They are also quite friendly and helpful. Again, this is why I am giving them two stars. It's a general expectation to encounter helpful associates who want to try to fix your issue immediately, and if not, turf you back into the phone system to the dept. that is most likely able to help you. Great. Expectations met, so far. Then, you get to their technical support. Throw away any positive expectations you may have, and expect the worst. After all, happiness is defined as having your expectations met or exceeded. Do not expect happiness. I called them yesterday, just to get my Primary and Secondary DNS numbers. No issues, just need information. I had to call them back three times, because I was hung up on twice, and the second time the customer service rep promised she would call me back in 10 or 15 minutes to make sure I didn't get hung up on again, then she hung up on me, and did not call back. On the first call, the tech support person I spoke to, after giving all of my information to the customer service rep, picked up my call and told me that she had reviewed my issues while I was waiting on hold, and that I should reset my router, as that would probably fix my issues. Apparently, she didn't review anything, because I didn't have any issues to report. I just needed my DNS information. When I asked her why she wanted me to reset my router, as I had no issues and should I be aware of any that I didn't know existed, she got curt with me and said, "You don't have to reset your router, it's up to you!" I told her the reason for my call, and that my internet was currently working, so why should I reset it? I was asking nicely, b/c I was concerned that there was an issue I was unaware of, and she hung up on me. Two hours and three call backs later, I spoke to a supervisor who was able to give me the numbers I needed. I can go on with other examples, but the point is, their customer service LACKS greatly! I also do not like being turfed to techs whose accents are difficult to understand, and who treat me like I am an idiot (I work in IS, so I have a fair amount of technical knowledge), or who lie to me that they have looked over my issue, while I was on hold. On top of poor customer service, their website is terrible. There was a stent of several weeks where I couldn't pay my bill online, b/c the "Pay Bill" hyperlink just didn't work. Then, they expected me to pay a fee for using their phone service. Really? You're an ISP! Your website should be flawless, and when it's down, you shouldn't charge your customers for your lack of good maintenance. Right now, the chat system doesn't work, so I have to call to complain. I work for a living, and then go home to two young children. I don't have time to call. I just want to do a quick chat at my desk, and get it over with. If you're looking for an ISP that is helpful, then look further. My experiences over the past 5+ years with their customer service has been dismal. Thankfully, and as a noted attribute to them, our internet service hasn't gone down very often. Kudos, Frontier, for getting something right!

Adria Moskowitz

I inherited this account in a divorce. I never got "new account" discount. A service rep. was able to find me a 1-year discounted contract for being a "loyal customer". It was great!

Cassandra Eggert

Setting up service with them in our new home took over a month. Once we did have service, our bill had extra insurances added to it that we never agreed to (secret charge). It took over 3 months after that's initial bill to start receiving the correct charges and credits applied to the previous overcharges. The level of self-advocacy and babysitting of the progress of our case was laughable. That being said they are half the price of our competitor internet provider in the area, so you get what you pay for I guess.

Vera Thompson

I was with Frontier for about 5 years for satellite, and land line, and for about 6 months for internet, overall they are a Very Good Company with Cutomer Service issues being taken care of, and retaining their cutomers

Olivia LeBaron Delta, UT

My biggest complaint is that they aren’t proactive on top of their problems. Customer service can be slow. They seem to wait for lots of people to complain and notice the problem before they do something about it. But they do eventually solve their problems. For a small, rural area, they do a pretty good job. The internet is on the slow side, but that is mostly because we live in such a rural place.

Hannah Denver, CO

I have had nothing but negative experiences with this internet provider. I do not think there has been one day where the wifi did not give out. The customer service is not bad as they "send someone out" all of the time to update the boxes, but even with the most expensive version of this internet it does not work.

John Fuentes Plano, TX

Currently having issue. They have reset everything in my home with multiple tech and an onsite tech. Other neighbors having the same issue. FIOS tech onsite said not in home but FIOS doesnt agree. I am switching it goes from 0 to 200MB.

Irine Torrance, CA

Frontier is a scam who gives out false information each time you call them. I signed up for service at 39.99 a month with no router as I had my own. First bill came in at 49.99 along with the activation and installation charges. When I inquired about it, they said that even if you use the router or not, there will be a $10 charge. I argued with them saying that was not told initially when the order was placed. After 2 hours of argument, they said they will ship the router within 2 - 2.5 weeks. I have still not received it and when I called back to check on the status of the router, they said an extra $10 will be charged. Also they promised 500 Mbps but only 50 Mbps is actually provided. They neither have any record of earlier calls which I believe is a total bluff. Do not use this service, its been total disappointment since day one. I will be writing this all over internet.

Bebeanne Harvey Monterey, TN

Frontier was the only Internet provider available in the area where we recently moved. Unfortunately, their speed requires a bit more gusto and they're known to drop lines here and there, leaving the customer without any Internet.

Connie Rasmussen Sherburne, NY

I am staying with my parents during quarantine and the DSL of frontier is more like dial up. Every single solitary time their phone rings, the internet cuts out for 2 to 5 minutes. And another 5-12 times a day it just stops for no apparent reason like someone stopped sending the internet. 1-3 times a week the modem has to be rest which takes 5-10 minutes. I am teaching online classes and this is impossible! Soo frustrated. If I could rate it a negative 10 I would. My dad has called many times and is told he has the best that they offer in his area 5 miles outside of Cazenovia, ny. It took 30 hours to upload one client photo gallery. I could only do 4 pictures at a time or it would crash every time or freeze and have to start over. Horrible is not a bad enough term for cost of 35$ a month. They should be paying them to keep it! Just a little in the country and no options. It’s 2020 can’t we get this figured out! You take all the money! Upgrade the cables. DSL is NOT supposed to be disconnected by every single phone call in or out!

shellie bocknor Lakeland, FL

FRONTIER IS THE WORST!! I have been a customer with Frontier for 3 years. I recently had fraudulent activity on my banking account. Through the hassle of getting things back in order, my Frontier account was suspended. Totally my fault. However I called to have my service reinstated. I paid my bill... they told me I had to pay for a reinstall too (even though I still had the equipment. Um Ok?) I didn’t argue. They told me they would save me money and give me the “new customer rates”... well this is a joke! My bill is going up from $36.84 a month to $59.99 plus tax and fees for the same service.. I told them this isn’t saving me money... as my bill was lower before? The sales rep said this was the best she could do; however since I had been a victim of fraudulent activity, she would cut the install service fee in half, from $75 to $37.50! I thought ok, great thank you! Even though I would be paying more, I thought ok. I will go with it anyway. She scheduled my install for Saturday March 14th from 8am-12pm. I thought all was good. BUT NOT SO FAST.... the morning of March 14th arrives; I ensured to set my alarm, didn’t want to miss the wifi guy at 8am!! Lol. My husband is a boat captain, didn’t want me to be home alone with this guy in the house so he rearranged his charter schedules for the morning (yes that’s on us - but safety is important these days. I think most people would agree). By 12pm no one had arrived from Frontier. So I called... after a 10min hold, a very rude customer service rep and 3 transfers later... I was finally told, that my order had been cancelled!! Cancelled!??!! Cancelled by who I asked?? I was told it was not done by a person, but offered the excuse that Frontier has a system glitch and sometimes it cancels orders...! Wait, what??? You mean to tell me that you know your system just automatically cancels orders and you have done nothing to fix it?? So you’re in the business to just waist your customers time!!?? I see that the system that took me money wasn’t cancelled!!! Frontier had no problem taking my money, over $250!!! That system is running just fine!!! I then asked for the install fee (as a reminder it’s supposed to be $37.50) to be waved. I was told no! In fact, I asked to speak to a manager, and was told no. I was told that if the managers spoke to everyone who asked, they would be on the phones more than the customer service reps...!? (Well, if your company is having that many complaints a day - maybe it’s time to look within- fix your company, retrain your staff on customer service and support)!!? I then advised I wanted to cancel my service.. and speak to the retention team (you know - the team with power!??! ) After a long hold, I was told no again!! Are you kidding me???!! I was then told the promise of the “half waved install fee $37.50” didn’t even exist, another broken promise by Frontier!! That I would be paying the full install fee!! Obviously this company cannot keep their word!! I advised your calls must be recorded!! You must be able to pull that call - to hear what I was promised as a customer, so your company would get the sale!!??? Nope!! The best this customer service rep could could for me, is give me a $25 discount and reschedule the install for a week from now!!!??!! Are you kidding me??!! What’s to keep their system from cancelling my install order again, “with this system glitch”?? Waisting more of my time and costing my family more money!!?? And what assurance do I have of this $25 discount?? That’s right, Absolutely Nothing!! FRONTIER ARE THIEVES !! They take our money and our time!! And so far I have no product or service for any of it!! Anyone thinking of joining Frontier... my advice DON’T!! Go somewhere else... anywhere else!!!

Daria L Porter Fairmont, WV

The worst service ever!!! I have had Frontier for nearly 3 years and had nothing but trouble. I would have switched but comcast is not available for my address. In the years I have had Frontier my internet is down a few times a week and at one point daily . The speed is not fast enough to us Hulu or Netfex. I tried to Up grade to a faster inter net speed but I was told it was not available for my address. I also asked if I could cancel my home phone but was told that if I did that they would cancel my internet and that there were no ports to for them to put me in. I don't understand what that means but i was told I would have to keep my home phone and internet speed or be canceled completely and would not be able to get Frontier service in the future. I asked why. They said my port would go to someone else and there were no more ports for my to be transferred too.

michael Dillonvale, OH

After 20 years of being with them (when frontier bought out verizon) i am very fed up with their dsl speed, Just of the posting of this review, i have cancelled my service, they jacked the price up $20 from 89 clear to $109 and more after few months.. I live in the rural area, they refuse to upgrade my area.. But now i can i found a better solution, i live in a area whre i can get tmobile wireless internet, capped at 22gigs a month but i can live with the cap... They just love to charge people and refuse to upgrade rural areas.. I am just happy i could find another provider that is wireless and it works in the area where i live...... SO LONG FRONTIER AND THE CRAPPY DSL SERVICE TO GO WITH IT....

Judy King Deford, MI

A long history of them being the only game in town... raised our rates to 75.00 per month for dsl, the quality is so bad that if you do get a chance to watch something through Netflix and that is a BIG IF the quality is so bad and the picture is so pixelated you can’t tell who the the actors are. The sound does not match up with the moving of the mouth. It buffers constantly through a movie, so a normal tv program that is 30 minutes will take over an hour. When the internet goes out, one of my experiences went like this......Me: Yes I’m calling to report my Internet is not working. Technician: ok, I will email you instructions on how to get it back up. Me: Really? You’re going to email me instructions when I just told you I didn’t have internet? Wow! Technician: yes Me: I just hung up, you can’t argue with an idiot... The only thing this internet is good for is if you have an hour of free time, you might get to check your email, on a good day if the wind is blowing in your direction...... I did find out out that if you report them to the attorney general things will change for the better for awhile, and the more repair tickets that are called in lowers their stock value....so if you cannot get anywhere with customer service try that.

Keith Johnson Mound, MN

I would rate Frontier zero stars but need to give at least one to rate their internet service. We live in an area that only offers Frontier. They are DSL or dial up at best with down load speeds of 1 Mbps or less and upload speeds of less then 5 Mbps. We have had routers changed several times over the past 15 years and the speed is the same it was 15 years ago...then it was fine for sending an email, but for todays standards an absolute failure as a company to provide a service that is expensive for what is delivered. Today we spoke with a manager in their customer service department. He informed us that the population density of our area reduces their performance. He also reminded us that the fine print in our contract outlines the less then acceptable performance but that is all what is offered. We live in MN and our community is 1 mile away from service that offers fiberoptic cable network with over 500 Mbps service and simply a shame that we cannot get to that service...maybe soon! The Frontier manager even went on to tell me that Frontier is looking to sell their business off in several states so they have more working capitol to build other markets infrastructure. Joking aside the only way to get high speed internet from Frontier is to move to Texas, as he stated Frontier has fiberoptic in parts of TX. I know several other individuals around the state of MN that also only have Frontier and they have the same issue. Come on Frontier this is almost 2020 and current speeds buffer radio programs from Orcin Wells! Two thumbs down on Frontier from MN.

Jake Monroe, NC

I cannot even begin to describe how much I despise this company. $45 a month for 5mbps up and 1mbps down just because they are one of the only providers in the rural area. Latency / ping is regularly between 100-500 mbps so you might as well forget reliable streaming, gaming, or quickly loading internet pages. Most of the time our speeds are also half of the advertised price. Customer service for this company is the biggest joke though. I have tried calling and their new automated robo system has hung up on me five times, it is literally impossible to get a live person. This should be illegal. Further, their online chat people are clueless and most of the time very rude. Im not sure where they are spending the money that they get from overcharging, but it obviously isnt on competent customer support. Overall, this is the worst company I could imagine. if you have any choice besides frontier, go with anyone else. As soon as Spectrum comes into the area we will be switching immediately

Rocky Moreno Valley, CA

My decision to switch from Spectrum to Frontier was based on the salesman telling me my internet would be sooooo much better than my current. This was soooo wrong. I was no longer able to get a good signal upstairs and would loose the signal a couple rooms away. Also frontier doesn’t work with ABC channel on ROKU. I was also promised a $100 gift card after 90 days. I received the mailed instructions to go on line to the Frontier reward center to claim my reward. After entering the claim number an agreement popped up. In order to get the $100 gift card I had to agree to an additional 1 year internet contract with a $9.99 processing fee, a penalty if cancelled before the 1 year ended (ETF, an early termination fee). Bottom line Frontiers service sucks and they lie to you to get your service.

Gary Alan Paschal Middletown, IN

I am sitting here for the second day waiting to get my new router. Frontier canceled my ticket as fixed when it was not. My ping is over 1800! I can get online but the high ping causes my devices to not connect most of the time. I am rural and DSL is all I have available. I have had them since Verizon . This is the most horrible company ! Netgear is the router and it is well known junk. That seems to be my down time multiple times per year. I have to keep a land line to have internet so I pay over $100 per month. 5 MBPS is all i get and it is slow off and on. The tech guys are good and sometimes they help. Frontier is a poor management model for sure. My last issue was late Sept. this year. I will dump them at the first opportunity. You are warned!

DEB Camarillo, CA

1. Be ware of door to door salesman, Sal. He flat out lied. Not a case of lack of verbal communication. What I have written on the form, is not and has never been what Frontier offers. 2. First day had problems with internet dvr connecting to my mobile device. Couldn’t help me over the phone. They file a report . Have to wait 24-48 3. Problems with internet. Had to call in (after being redirected to a different phone number and then having to wait for over 15 minutes to speak to someone....their “we will call you back, you will not lose your place in line” feature isn’t working. Finally talked to someone. Had to walk me through rebooting.

Zack Lonergan Arlington, WA

Ive taken their DSL option because it is literally the only one which is NOT satellite. We have no other options offered to us other than the Frontier 6mbps DSL. We never even see close to that. Our house averages about 1.5-2Mbps down, and maybe 0.5-1Mbps up. They should charge us for what we can actually get, comparative to what the package says it offers. We consistently lose connection to the DNS servers, this is a bi-weekly event which requires us to reset the router, then systematically reconnect every tv, laptop and computer back to it in series. Otherwise it appears like one device or other resolves with an IP conflict. So it really seems like this is a some third-rate routing configuration on a second rate modem. Just to cut the service over from the previous tenant was an all pervasive -show which took over 2 months to complete because I had to essentially be on the phone with the PREVIOUS renter at THE SAME TIME to disconnect the service. They didnt have the process control for handling this independently without us both there to hold the agents hand. I had to reasonably mark the value at a higher rating because this has been the only landline type option available in our area for 20+ years. But if YOU, dear reader, have literally any other option for any type of cable, dsl, or local wireless plan - it would be wise to just go with that.

K.T. New Haven, CT

It took them over 30 days to get it right and set up my WiFi. The price changed several times with each customer service person I had. What should have been pages of explanations of the problems I was having. Instead, I got Customer service individuals that either didn't listen, lied or didn't feel like reading all that had been put in prior. I am so disgusted with the lack of quality service, dishonesty and rudeness I experienced. I am planning on visiting the CEO McCarthy in Norwalk Ct . In essence, if the Customer Service individuals could have set me up in 1 call. If they had been trained to pay attention to the person on the phone and listened rather than trying to assume things, they would have sent the tech to the right address (rather then trying to turn on service 3 different times in the place I was moving out of), and send the correct modem the first time ( rather then sending 2 modems that where the same as the one I already have, that doesn't with the wiring in my new residence .

Jim Bradenton, FL

Be careful, read fine print, bait and switch. We signed 2 year contract for $53.99 tax included a month, one year later it went up $10.70 to $64.99! Called, Rep. said that’s because we let you have the router free for the 1st year only! BS ! It was a 2 YEAR CONTRACT! Representative never conveyed that. So we’ll be changing to Spectrum very soon.

Connor Gervin Glendale, OR

I would rate them lower If I could. Where to start... TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE: The customer service is almost non-existent. When you can get a person, they have NO idea what they are talking about. “Turn it off and back on again” is about as much tech help as you will get. I actually had someone tell me there was nothing more he could do to help me after that step. HORRID SERVICE: The actual service provided is laughable. Constant cut outs and slowdowns for no apparent reason. I used to blame our location, but after talking to other people in our town, it turns out that everyone was experiencing these issues. When I asked if I could pro-rate my bill, I was told no since there was no proof of service loss. CRIMINAL BUSINESS PRACTICES: This company can only be described as a predator. They target rural areas that have no other options for ISPs and create a monopoly over them. Complaints go unheard since they know we can’t leave for another company. My household pays for 10Mb/s (at ridiculous prices) but we are only given 3-6 Mb/s. CONCLUSION: DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!! They don’t listen to complaints, refuse to fix their services, and mistreat their paying customers.

Levi Crawford Ravenel, SC

I have had appointments scheduled with this company on 6 different occasions. They give you a 4 hour arrival window. Every single time they never show and never call. They then mark your service ticket as completed. When you try to call back in you have to wait until their next available time, and on it goes. I normally don't write reviews, especially bad ones. This company has inspired me to share my story as to how terrible there service is, in my opinion. I am considering selling my newly built house because Frontier is my only option for phone and internet. I would lose money, but I still think it would be worth it. That is how bad, how angry this company makes me.

Walt Riverview, FL

Horrible experience, changed from Spectrum as I thought that I was getting slow speeds. Wow Frontier promises that I would get 200/200 and that's what I was paying for. I actually received between 30-40 mb, and when I called in June, July, August, September, October and now November 15 2019 ,they still refuse to take responsibility for the poor service, they tell you that they will send service to check problem then credit you after they check but then they either no show or just ignore you and your problem in hopes that you forget. Absolutely the worst Internet Service in the world. Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they come to your door ask them how much are they going to pay you to use their crappy service then tell them to take a hike. As a builder I could never in good conscience refer any of my homeowners to Frontier and I will make sure anyone who will listen understands how bad they are. I have been on hold for a manager now for over an hour!!!!! That my friends is the point, they do not respect their customers!

Jed Frostproof, FL

I was a customer of Frontier for 15-20 years in Illinois. Their broadband quality was lousy, but where I lived it was my only real choice. In June 2019 I moved from Illinois to Florida in June 2019. I called and cancelled the service on June 6th. Later in June I received my regular monthly bill of around $46. I called and told them my account was cancelled. In July I received a bill for June and July. I called again. I kept getting a bill for $96.49. I didn't pay it because I had cancelled my account. Frontier turned it over to a collection agency. The collection agency told me it was an "Early Termination Fee". After 15 years they were charging an early termination fee. I never signed a contract especially one that lasted 10 or 15 years. I guess they know that anyone who leaves is not coming back so they want to get every nickel out of you that they can.

Sherrie A Davis

Internet constantly dropping out. They gave directly told me, they can see it's dropped out 100 times a day No one does anything to fix it! Call daily and they say they will escalate the issue and never do. They only thing they do is bill me full price every month. Everyone I speaks to "Understands" but does nothing to fix it. Bet those same employees wouldn't put up with the crappy service if it were them. My electricity goes out, guess what, I don't pay for it because I can't use it. Water main breaks and I have no water, guess what, I don't pay for it because I can't use it. Gas goes off, guess what, I don't pay for it because I can't use it. I go to the grocery store, I don't give them $200 and only get $100 worth of groceries. I get what I PAY for. That's what I expect from Frontier, my internet provider. I pay full price every month whether it's working or not, which most of the time it's not..... again no resolution on ANYONE'S behalf to fix the problem and give me the service I pay for!!!! It's crap!

William Ferguson Wilmington, OH

After service being down for 17 days- no fault of our own- Frontier gave us the run around for days about getting a credit. Finally someone submitted a credit for "approval" to the back room- We were told it would be applied in 7 days when approved. Still didn't receive it- so we were told it would be on the next billing cycle- that came and went. Now we are being told it would be credited after approval 30-90 days. This is unacceptable and ridiculous. We have checked every other day since Oct 1. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Can't wait for the new company installing FO! We are counting down the days to dump Frontier.