Frontier Internet Logo

Frontier Internet

LAST UPDATED: January 11th, 2022

Frontier Internet Service is a provider that has cable, and DSL internet packages available. They also offer Frontier TV.

Customers can get speeds up to 500 Mbps (in select areas) with fiber optics and keep a set price with the two-year price lock guarantee. Customers can also choose to have a month-to-month contract.

All Frontier internet plans include a direct line to your home and unlimited data so you can stream as much as you want. Frontier has no data caps or usage limits. Frontier provides internet service in 29 states.

Each Frontier customer can bundle internet with DishTV and phone service add-ons. For bundled plans, the internet provider gives customers the chance to mix and match the Internet speeds and channel count. The company also offers promotional discounts for specified bundles and purchase periods.

View Frontier Internet Reviews

The Good

• Affordable Fiber Optic Internet
  • Traditional High Speed Internet
  • Price Guarantee and Month-to-Month Options
  • Mobile App Features

Affordable Fiber Optic Internet

With its fiber internet option, Frontier offers download speeds up to 1 Gbps (1,000 Mbps). But if you don't need that much, Frontier's fiber plans include internet speeds at different intervals, starting at 50 Mbps.

If you want access to a top-of-the-line internet connection, you might choose one of the Frontier plans. Frontier's plan variety will allow you to find a good internet speed for your price range. For specific information about speed availability and pricing in your area, input your zip code on Frontier's website.

Traditional High Speed Internet

Frontier's high-speed internet service plan, which starts at $20 per month, comes with free access to frontier.yahoo.com, including eight email inboxes with 1 TB of storage each, and no data cap limit for Internet usage. This plan supports multi-device streaming and a dedicated internet line straight to your home. Prices vary depending on download speed and bundling. This will be the connection type available to most customers.

Frontier can provide 6 Mbps to 115 Mbps download speeds and up to 3 Mbps upload speeds outside of its fiber-optic offerings. High-speed internet plans from Frontier include a free Frontier router with no upfront costs and no monthly rental fees. Again, for specific details about offerings in your area, you need to contact Frontier directly.

For customers living in rural areas, Frontier's DSL service may be the best available option. Check to see what internet access Frontier can offer you.

Price Guarantee and Month-to-Month Options

Regardless of connection speed, Frontier customers receive a two-year price guarantee. Some other internet providers hike prices after only one year. Additionally, you can subscribe to a Frontier internet plan without a contract, allowing you the flexibility to change services any time. You can go month-to-month if you don't want to sign up for a contract, eliminating the fear of early termination fees. This is a refreshing departure from companies that make you keep using their services because of a contractual agreement.

Mobile App Features

Frontier customers can access their account summary, pay bills, and view past payments online. Frontier also has a mobile app for both Apple and Android where customers can reset passwords, update contact information, link and unlink Frontier accounts, set up autopay, view up to thirteen months of bill history, and access the help desk for technical support. The app makes it easy for Frontier customers to manage their accounts from mobile devices, and it sets the company apart from many other internet service providers.

The Bad

• Limited Service Areas
  • Additional Fees
  • Customer Service Complaints

Limited Service Areas

• Utah
  • Washington
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin

Frontier is new to the market, which means some services may be spotty. Frontier has limited information about its services on its website.

Frontier's service is only available in 25 states and the package information is limited to where service is available. This can be frustrating to potential if you’re trying to find services for your area. Frontier could improve by providing more transparency with their services. Input your address on Frontier's website to check availability.

Additional Fees

Frontier's advertised monthly fees do not include an equipment fee, installation fee, internet infrastructure surcharge, taxes, an early termination fee, and other added costs. While these are detailed in Frontier's terms and conditions, if you focus only on the promotional pricing ads, you can miss this important detail.

Customer Service Complaints

Several customers complain that a customer service rep was unhelpful and technicians did not arrive for scheduled appointments. Because internet service providers serve a large group of users, these complaints are common in the industry. Consumers should expect long phone wait times and may prefer to chat with representatives online.

The Bottom Line

There are many good high-speed providers to choose from. Frontier Internet offers good internet service plans with a variety of speeds and pricing, including fiber optic services at an affordable price. Service is only available in 29 states, but that coverage area is increasing as the technologies progress.

It's also nice that Frontier offers phone service, TV service, and the ability to bundle services with internet plans. But on the other hand, Frontier has month-to-month payments, lengthy contracts, and no data caps. Finally, Frontier gives customers the opportunity to try out different speeds and TV packages before locking into a contract if that's what they choose.

When choosing any internet service provider, be sure to understand what additional fees may arise—equipment or installation—what price hikes look like, and whether your service plan includes a promotional period, discount, or promotional rates. When considering Frontier internet service, be sure to check its website to be sure that it provides internet access to your area.

Call our recommended rep over at Frontier Internet below.

1.6

Billy stout Tampa, FL

I have just switched to Frontier Internet approximately 2 weeks ago and I am 110% satisfied with their system. The Tech that came and installed it was very knowledgeable in explaining the way the system works and made sure that everything was on line TV's, computers etc. I did have to contact customer service about a charge on my bill but they removed it and was very cordial. Happy that I switched.

Sirdriz77 Fairfield, CT

I switched to frontier after getting fed up worn my local cable provider. The TV part of the package was great but the internet was not what was promised. I was very clear when switching that I was looking for fiber optic high speed internet needed for my husbands work, and I was told that was what I was getting. After the installation was complete and I was having issues with the upload speed it was confirmed that fiber optic wasn’t available in my area and they had installed DSL. I unfortunately ended up having to switch back to cable.

Darryl Shelmire Long Beach, CA

I've had frontier internet for over 3 years now, the speeds are fast with the 500 down and 500 up package. There are a few things that I didn't like though.. 1) when you use your own router they still charge a $10 router rental fee. 2) after your contract is up you can't sign up for the newest promotion.

Dana Hatfield Bullhead City, AZ

Customer service is polite and fairly helpful. Prices are high. DSL internet is slow and unreliable. It went in and out on a regular basis. In 3 years I went through 4 routers. When I moved it took 9 days to get my service moved to new house even though they supposedly sent 3 technicians out to the house before one actually showed up and got my service hooked up.

Andrea Thomas Richland, WA

Our services with frontier were spotty. It was frustrating to pay for the internet service and not get the quality we were paying for. After trying to work with customer service for months, we decided to switch carriers. I would not recommend Frontier, although the customer service agents were respectful and kind.

DJMikeBizaar Music Keller, TX

I am currently a company of Frontier communications and I have had little to no issues with the internet itself. Its been up and consistent and support and customer service is decent. The only reason they got 4 of 5 stars was due to the times I have had to replace their equipment, 3 years, 4 routers is a bit much

JoAnna St Louis, MO

I had Frontier Internet in the past and was very happy with the service and would use them again! Their customer service was excellent and the internet did not go down.

RONALD WHITE Show Low, AZ

This company used to be one of my favorites when it comes to internet service but it has terrible customer service and internet service as a whole. I just ran a speedtest.net test and it came back with 144 MS Ping, 1.08 Mbps download and .23 Mbps upload...and this is consistent throughout. We have 2 in our household, 2 laptops and stream TV. UNACCEPTABLE and yet they charge us $49 per month for this crappola. Problem really is that we have no other choice here.

Bulldog Clinton, IL

They try there best provide me with good internet. Especially since I live in country. Which other internet companies can meet

Jenna Caston Monroe, NY

Was on the phone with a rep setting up service for over an hour, we got disconnected and he never called back. I called back and only half of the service was set up, the second rep did not offer me any of the specials that the first rep did so I had to stay on the phone for over another hour working things out. I was told that I would hear from the service department in regards to scheduling an appointment to get everything set up in my house. I received a call at 7 PM that night, I did not answer it so I called them back the next day. When I called them back they could not find my account with the account numbers I was provided with, nor my name, address etc. After being on the phone with him for over another hour I wound up asking him to make sure everything was canceled because I was not wasting any more time. People were nice, but did not seem like they knew what they were doing at all. It was incredibly frustrating and a waste of time.

Erik Lewis Atlanta, GA

So for our cabin in WV they are the only option for internet service. It is slow dsl like 1mb speed. Better than dialup but insufficient for streaming to the roku.

J. Garrett Lansing, MI

Frontier is probably the worst internet company I've ever used! They don't make service calls promptly and the worst problem I had was that they didn't bury my wires deep enough so when it rained all these wires were exposed in my yard. Luckily, I didn't have small children!

PETRISPLAQUE Largo, FL

I disconnected the service 3 days after their billing cycle. They do not do partial Billings, therefore: THEY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT 27 DAYS FOR SERVICES NOT PROVIDED IN AN INHABITED HOUSE. That speaks loudly of the policy of this company. Their excuse: the bills are prepared one month in advance! (I am glad they don’t do it one year in advance. READ REVIEWS! STAY AWAY

Dwayne Baker Munich, BY

i switch over from suddin link because they suck they lied about there data plan Frontier was even worse now its on its off ihave more down time then ever and still half to pay the bill just like every other company tell what you wont to here lie to your face then take it away its Greed that is running this country right know. just in the time to wright this internet went out twice!!!!

Michele Switzer Webster, NY

This has been a nightmare. If I could give zero stars I would. I have tried to set up new phone service for my 80 yo mother who is dying of cancer on Hospice for over a week now. I have spent over four hours on the phone with Frontier. Know that ALL their calls (sales and customer service) are outsourced to Brazil, and that NO ONE there has any idea what is going on or how to help me. At this point, I'm just trying to cancel the service, but I've been unable to do so despite spending over an hour already AGAIN on the phone today. DO NOT use this company! They do not follow American business rules and are not regulated. Once you start down the path with them, you will spend literally hours on the phone with you and will be billed, despite your phone service not being set up and not working. I was on the phone today for over two hours just trying to get the service cancelled. Truly, I am a physician, this is the most despicable and, in my opinion, illegal operation I've ever encountered. Don't believe the positive reviews...I've read that Frontier offers incentives to its existing customers to do so.

Afzaal Ahmad League City, TX

I got Frontier Internet two weeks ago at my home. It worked only 5 days and broke down, I called their service department and after initial troubleshooting I was told that a technician will be needed to fix the issue. They told me since it was a weekend so the next technician will be available after three days. I told them if my internet will not be fixed by not next day, I will have to go back to my previous provider Xfinity, well they sent a technician next day who changed the outside wall box and told me that they are having issues with these boxes. Just after one week and over the weekend we had to go thru the same situation, internet went out of service on Saturday and the technician will come on Monday to have a look. I had enough of this and called them to disconnect immediately. I will never use and recommend Frontier Communications again for their Ir reliable service.

tracy battisti Gloversville, NY

Worst company I've ever had to deal with. Very very poor internet, very poor customer service. The only reason I deal with them is because they are the only provider in my area. I would Not recommend them to anyone!

Robin Thomas La Quinta, CA

Our service is so intermittent and EXPENSIVE for what you get. I think I will just start streaming everything like my kids do! 😳

melrose1989 Gardena, CA

I have been with frontier for almost 10 years now. The customer service is lacking and their prices are outrageous for the service they provide. They want to continue to raise their prices each year but fail to upgrade your modem or even call, email, etc to check on your service. Not to mention our internet goes out ALL the time and we live IN TOWN!

Rossana Boyd Denton, TX

I called Frontier to restore my Internet service. The lady (Rachel) who took my claim was very professional and gracious. The gentleman who came repaired the service and his work was outstanding. My Internet service works perfectly now. Thank you Frontier!

GetItWrite

People locally "warned" me not to use Frontier internet service. But I did, was with them for 5+ years and loved it. The service and support were both great. The only reason I switched was to save $25/mo. as a new customer with a different carrier. If they could've matched the rate, I'd still be with them.

Theodore Russelle Perris, CA

Live in a rural area , we have only phones and tablets , we have had 75 mbps They got rid of it bumped me to 100 , I didn't want to pay the 10 bucks it ended going to 50 , wifey said need more , got service in her name went back to 100 The internet in our area works great for us , having a TV plan is costly just trying to save money Our internet is great and were happy with it ; I would recommend the internet

MARIE-NOELLE MARQUIS Los Angeles, CA

I use internet for work so speed and reliability is key. I’m very happy with the amount of speed I get and the price is excellent. Shockingly affordable actually. I used to have xfinity for $100 more for slower internet. So price wise And speed wise Frontier wins In a heartbeat. Their technicians are great and knowledgeable. Their customer service...soso. They did repair on my street and “forgot” to reconnect my line. Took 6 days to fix it and I was in the middle of a work deadline. Since I do film production- I couldn’t just go to a coffee shop to get a signal and had to rent an edit bay to submit my work on time. Frontier refuse to credit me a month worth of service and I think that’s incredibly crappy customer service. I was asking for $55 credit after spending $1500 In rental because of Their mess up. So...definitely wouldn’t recommend them based on that. But if you are looking for speed I would say they are mostly reliable. Tip: get a technician’s direct number. You won’t have to wait a week that way if something goes wrong.

Jamie Creller Kissimmee, FL

Warning beware stay away these idiots !! They lie to u on phone get u startup and bill u even if u cancel after u notice they lied to u about cost .they are crap .and customer service that lies tells u everything .now there collecting bill services I never had .or used

Gumby Wallingford, CT

I get snail mail from Frontier that advertise they have fiber internet but they DO NOT offer fiber in my area, just a phone line - DSL. Can't get basic info without talking to some salesman? Now why would I want to get in bed with a company as sketchy as that? Xfinity is the only option and they keep raising their prices.

Don Riverside, CA

Just had the Internet down and the problem turned out to be with the optical receiver unit in my house or local connection. The tech support told me the earliest possible service will be Saturday, 4 days from now. I will have to survive with no Internet and no phone service for 4 days. Unbelievable response time!

BDRJ Cerritos, CA

Pro: --Some of the nicest, friendliest, most customer service oriented people work for this company. Con: --Paying for 500/500 and rarely see 10%/5% of that--wired (running Google Nest wireless and when the bandwidth is good, the G. Next works great)(three users in house, 4 cameras connected). I would be extremely happy paying for 500/500 and getting 250/250 consistently. I used to see 500/500+ regularly during the off hours (late night)--now I don't even see it in the off hours. As soon as an alternative exists, I'm dumping Frontier!

Irine Torrance, CA

Frontier is a scam who gives out false information each time you call them. I signed up for service at 39.99 a month with no router as I had my own. First bill came in at 49.99 along with the activation and installation charges. When I inquired about it, they said that even if you use the router or not, there will be a $10 charge. I argued with them saying that was not told initially when the order was placed. After 2 hours of argument, they said they will ship the router within 2 - 2.5 weeks. I have still not received it and when I called back to check on the status of the router, they said an extra $10 will be charged. Also they promised 500 Mbps but only 50 Mbps is actually provided. They neither have any record of earlier calls which I believe is a total bluff. Do not use this service, its been total disappointment since day one. I will be writing this all over internet.

Misty Wisdom Floresville, TX

I have Frontier for over a year and the customer service is horrible very rude every person I've spoken to I've waited 10 hours on the phone that is not a lie also it drops all the time the only thing available in my area so I can continue to use it but it's horrible I'm so looking forward to someone else being in my area so I won't never have to use them again I have never in my life came across such a rude customer service or waiting hours and hours if you have an issue with your service you have to wait a week for them to come fix it and then they give you $9 is $4 off your bill so do you want internet I highly suggest you find another one other than Frontier because it's not only horrible but the service is horrible customer service cheap boxes

Carl Doan Murrieta, CA

Easy to setup and use so far. A rep came into my area and I decided to switch services from Spectrum to Frontier. I got faster speeds at lower costs. I do not see the advertised speeds, but I do see faster upload speeds. Billing is simple and their website easy to use.

Jim Bradenton, FL

Be careful, read fine print, bait and switch. We signed 2 year contract for $53.99 tax included a month, one year later it went up $10.70 to $64.99! Called, Rep. said that’s because we let you have the router free for the 1st year only! BS ! It was a 2 YEAR CONTRACT! Representative never conveyed that. So we’ll be changing to Spectrum very soon.

Mark Boucher

Is the best of the best internet provider ever! Is cheap is fast and stable! If one day frontier goes out the business, I won't use internet anymore, anyway, frontier is the best!

JC Redmond, WA

I have been an internet customer with Frontier Comm for 1 year now. Aside from some glitchy upstart issues, we’ve been generally satisfied with our in-home internet service. However, after a recent transfer of services from one address to the next, I am highly-dissatisfied with the scheduling and customer service capabilities of the organization. An overview of my experience is below. I knew ahead of time that we were going to be moving, so to be proactive, I called June 4th to schedule our move with Frontier for June 27th, the 1-5p window because we could not access the new address until 1:30p. The first person I spoke with was over the phone, a number I accessed from the “Move with Frontier” web section: 1.877.649.3380. We confirmed over the phone that my request had been entered into the system, despite her multiple attempts to place me in the 8-12p slot. June 11th, I would find that the appointment was actually confirmed for 8-12p. From beginning to end, I initiated 8 hours worth of contact time with nine Frontier employees over the next month, specifically about scheduling and fulfilling this single appointment for the 1-5p window on June 27th. Over this time, I used three of their available platforms to attempt to schedule 4 total appointments for the 27th and they were either incorrectly scheduled, cancelled, or deferred by Frontier. The appointment was eventually fulfilled until July 2, at 3:30p. By my own efforts, I was able to have my monthly cost adjusted for the days without service, but that is where it ended, despite my requests to address this month long inconvenience. There is no compensation or reimbursement for inconvenience of any type, even through Retention. Essentially, I was reimbursed $5 for 8 hours of my time for something that should have been resolved in the first phone call. If it's about quality internet, I'd give them a 4. Customer service representatives are ill-equipped to take care of customers - especially when it's their error!

Robert Lithia, FL

I've had Frontier since they bought out Verizon FiOS here in Tampa several years ago. Technically, the service has been OK, though Verizon's was great. Frontier's billing and customer service are a train wreck though. I've been trying for 5 months now to get auto-pay to work correctly on a second account, and despite 4 calls to customer service (totalling nearly 2 hours of my time), the auto-pay is STILL failing inexplicably and charging me late fees. Meanwhile, my other account's auto-pay works fine with the same credit card, and I can pay the bill on this account via their UI using the same card. The kicker is that despite these failures originating at the Frontier end, their customer service refuses to refund the late fees. On this last call today, I said, "So you're telling me that my ONLY option is to pay the bill and then blog about it?" And the rep said, "Yes, unfortunately, that's all we can do." So here I am!

Frances Cottrell Fennville, MI

I am a current Frontier customer, because I have limited options for internet in the rural area where I live, but if I did have other options, I would switch my ISP. Frontier's internet is decent, in that I don't have a lot of issues with connectivity, but their customer service and support leaves much to be desired. When you call them, they have the typical electronic operator, who walks you through all of the tree based options to choose from, in order to get to the department you need to help with your current issue. This is understandable and expected. The first live person you speak to is typically American, which is nice. They are also quite friendly and helpful. Again, this is why I am giving them two stars. It's a general expectation to encounter helpful associates who want to try to fix your issue immediately, and if not, turf you back into the phone system to the dept. that is most likely able to help you. Great. Expectations met, so far. Then, you get to their technical support. Throw away any positive expectations you may have, and expect the worst. After all, happiness is defined as having your expectations met or exceeded. Do not expect happiness. I called them yesterday, just to get my Primary and Secondary DNS numbers. No issues, just need information. I had to call them back three times, because I was hung up on twice, and the second time the customer service rep promised she would call me back in 10 or 15 minutes to make sure I didn't get hung up on again, then she hung up on me, and did not call back. On the first call, the tech support person I spoke to, after giving all of my information to the customer service rep, picked up my call and told me that she had reviewed my issues while I was waiting on hold, and that I should reset my router, as that would probably fix my issues. Apparently, she didn't review anything, because I didn't have any issues to report. I just needed my DNS information. When I asked her why she wanted me to reset my router, as I had no issues and should I be aware of any that I didn't know existed, she got curt with me and said, "You don't have to reset your router, it's up to you!" I told her the reason for my call, and that my internet was currently working, so why should I reset it? I was asking nicely, b/c I was concerned that there was an issue I was unaware of, and she hung up on me. Two hours and three call backs later, I spoke to a supervisor who was able to give me the numbers I needed. I can go on with other examples, but the point is, their customer service LACKS greatly! I also do not like being turfed to techs whose accents are difficult to understand, and who treat me like I am an idiot (I work in IS, so I have a fair amount of technical knowledge), or who lie to me that they have looked over my issue, while I was on hold. On top of poor customer service, their website is terrible. There was a stent of several weeks where I couldn't pay my bill online, b/c the "Pay Bill" hyperlink just didn't work. Then, they expected me to pay a fee for using their phone service. Really? You're an ISP! Your website should be flawless, and when it's down, you shouldn't charge your customers for your lack of good maintenance. Right now, the chat system doesn't work, so I have to call to complain. I work for a living, and then go home to two young children. I don't have time to call. I just want to do a quick chat at my desk, and get it over with. If you're looking for an ISP that is helpful, then look further. My experiences over the past 5+ years with their customer service has been dismal. Thankfully, and as a noted attribute to them, our internet service hasn't gone down very often. Kudos, Frontier, for getting something right!

Adria Moskowitz

I inherited this account in a divorce. I never got "new account" discount. A service rep. was able to find me a 1-year discounted contract for being a "loyal customer". It was great!

Cassandra Eggert

Setting up service with them in our new home took over a month. Once we did have service, our bill had extra insurances added to it that we never agreed to (secret charge). It took over 3 months after that's initial bill to start receiving the correct charges and credits applied to the previous overcharges. The level of self-advocacy and babysitting of the progress of our case was laughable. That being said they are half the price of our competitor internet provider in the area, so you get what you pay for I guess.

Vera Thompson

I was with Frontier for about 5 years for satellite, and land line, and for about 6 months for internet, overall they are a Very Good Company with Cutomer Service issues being taken care of, and retaining their cutomers

Mark Erwin Follansbee, WV

Slow internet service and you run out quickly that was the only provider that I could get

Lena munn Elmira, NY

Really only recommend if its your last resort. It cuts out all the time.

Olivia LeBaron Delta, UT

My biggest complaint is that they aren’t proactive on top of their problems. Customer service can be slow. They seem to wait for lots of people to complain and notice the problem before they do something about it. But they do eventually solve their problems. For a small, rural area, they do a pretty good job. The internet is on the slow side, but that is mostly because we live in such a rural place.

Bn Cos Georgetown, PA

Why can't I give zero stars? By far the worst internet. Everytime it rains our super slow internet completely stops working. Technician will be out in 12 days. If you have any other option do not do frontier.

Mark Nolot Fort Wayne, IN

Frontier is horrible to work with. If you are a small business do not use them at all costs. I have a Pri system with 15 lines pay over $1,000 per month have over $10,000 worth of equipment. You would think that when you call us the phone would ring. Nope, it is busy if we are on the phone it has been this way for close to 2 months now. With 14 other lines, it should rollover. Nope it does not so the thousands and thousands we are spending on advertising you can not get ahold of us. They do not care how much money they are costing us. We pay the bill every month have never been late but a

Stacey Recchia Watertown, CT

I had a confirmation email for services to start on 10/5 between 8-12 , at 11:45 I decided to call as no one reached out, they had no recollection of what I was talking to and told me they could get someone out in 2 days. I own a mental health business with clients who need help today, not in 2 days. I intentionally chose this day as out location opens the next day. Bec was the most unprofessional, mocking rep I've spoken to - she refused to escalate, told me to google the email addresses for the higher ups as she can't give out their information to protect them. Absurd, business emails are for this exact reason- they are thieves and a reason their company is going bankrupt - stay away they will make you feel like it's your fault. THE WORST.

TommyT Flower Mound, TX

Very deceptive and bad service. First they claim your rate is locked for 2 years. After the 1st year they increase the rate for the router fee. So the router fee is excluded from the rate increase agreement. Then after 2 years when you the contract expires and you cancel -- they will stick you with another $9.99 broadband cancellation fee???? very desperate and deceptive? Not only is Frontier Communications a rip off and deceptive, the service sucks. Every time it rains or snow, the service either disconnects or is so slow you cannot use it. When you call for service, they come out when the weather is good again so service is back to normal?? so they will never fix the 'bad weather' disconnect issues.

Pamela B Fairmount, GA

Frontier has my area locked in and no other providers can e used or will service the area. It is beyond troublesome. On both sides of our area they have fiber network lines available. Frontier provides speeds up to 2.9, Yes I am not kidding you !!! Covid shut down our office and I am unable to work from home because either the bandwith or simply too many people sharing the lines ow whatever wont allow enough speed to run my VOIP telephone preventing me from working from home. Now on 2 sides of my subdivision ETC offers fiber lines, but they wont supply to our neighborhood because Frontier supplies service to this area. But Frontier can not sufficiently service or supply the area, but they aren't doing anything to resolve, The have no ports for business lines, and they don't care. How is this business regulated and I pay a monthly fee to the FCC. I am thinking that every customer pays an FCC fee and other fees at $1.19 that ads up to a nice healthy paycheck for not doing anything helpful I have been a customer for 20 years and for 20 years the service charges my $69.00 for high speed internet in Fairmount GA but my service hardly lets me stream you tube or netflix.

Bebeanne Harvey Monterey, TN

Frontier was the only Internet provider available in the area where we recently moved. Unfortunately, their speed requires a bit more gusto and they're known to drop lines here and there, leaving the customer without any Internet.

Connie Rasmussen Sherburne, NY

I am staying with my parents during quarantine and the DSL of frontier is more like dial up. Every single solitary time their phone rings, the internet cuts out for 2 to 5 minutes. And another 5-12 times a day it just stops for no apparent reason like someone stopped sending the internet. 1-3 times a week the modem has to be rest which takes 5-10 minutes. I am teaching online classes and this is impossible! Soo frustrated. If I could rate it a negative 10 I would. My dad has called many times and is told he has the best that they offer in his area 5 miles outside of Cazenovia, ny. It took 30 hours to upload one client photo gallery. I could only do 4 pictures at a time or it would crash every time or freeze and have to start over. Horrible is not a bad enough term for cost of 35$ a month. They should be paying them to keep it! Just a little in the country and no options. It’s 2020 can’t we get this figured out! You take all the money! Upgrade the cables. DSL is NOT supposed to be disconnected by every single phone call in or out!

shellie bocknor Lakeland, FL

FRONTIER IS THE WORST!! I have been a customer with Frontier for 3 years. I recently had fraudulent activity on my banking account. Through the hassle of getting things back in order, my Frontier account was suspended. Totally my fault. However I called to have my service reinstated. I paid my bill... they told me I had to pay for a reinstall too (even though I still had the equipment. Um Ok?) I didn’t argue. They told me they would save me money and give me the “new customer rates”... well this is a joke! My bill is going up from $36.84 a month to $59.99 plus tax and fees for the same service.. I told them this isn’t saving me money... as my bill was lower before? The sales rep said this was the best she could do; however since I had been a victim of fraudulent activity, she would cut the install service fee in half, from $75 to $37.50! I thought ok, great thank you! Even though I would be paying more, I thought ok. I will go with it anyway. She scheduled my install for Saturday March 14th from 8am-12pm. I thought all was good. BUT NOT SO FAST.... the morning of March 14th arrives; I ensured to set my alarm, didn’t want to miss the wifi guy at 8am!! Lol. My husband is a boat captain, didn’t want me to be home alone with this guy in the house so he rearranged his charter schedules for the morning (yes that’s on us - but safety is important these days. I think most people would agree). By 12pm no one had arrived from Frontier. So I called... after a 10min hold, a very rude customer service rep and 3 transfers later... I was finally told, that my order had been cancelled!! Cancelled!??!! Cancelled by who I asked?? I was told it was not done by a person, but offered the excuse that Frontier has a system glitch and sometimes it cancels orders...! Wait, what??? You mean to tell me that you know your system just automatically cancels orders and you have done nothing to fix it?? So you’re in the business to just waist your customers time!!?? I see that the system that took me money wasn’t cancelled!!! Frontier had no problem taking my money, over $250!!! That system is running just fine!!! I then asked for the install fee (as a reminder it’s supposed to be $37.50) to be waved. I was told no! In fact, I asked to speak to a manager, and was told no. I was told that if the managers spoke to everyone who asked, they would be on the phones more than the customer service reps...!? (Well, if your company is having that many complaints a day - maybe it’s time to look within- fix your company, retrain your staff on customer service and support)!!? I then advised I wanted to cancel my service.. and speak to the retention team (you know - the team with power!??! ) After a long hold, I was told no again!! Are you kidding me???!! I was then told the promise of the “half waved install fee $37.50” didn’t even exist, another broken promise by Frontier!! That I would be paying the full install fee!! Obviously this company cannot keep their word!! I advised your calls must be recorded!! You must be able to pull that call - to hear what I was promised as a customer, so your company would get the sale!!??? Nope!! The best this customer service rep could could for me, is give me a $25 discount and reschedule the install for a week from now!!!??!! Are you kidding me??!! What’s to keep their system from cancelling my install order again, “with this system glitch”?? Waisting more of my time and costing my family more money!!?? And what assurance do I have of this $25 discount?? That’s right, Absolutely Nothing!! FRONTIER ARE THIEVES !! They take our money and our time!! And so far I have no product or service for any of it!! Anyone thinking of joining Frontier... my advice DON’T!! Go somewhere else... anywhere else!!!

Daria L Porter Fairmont, WV

The worst service ever!!! I have had Frontier for nearly 3 years and had nothing but trouble. I would have switched but comcast is not available for my address. In the years I have had Frontier my internet is down a few times a week and at one point daily . The speed is not fast enough to us Hulu or Netfex. I tried to Up grade to a faster inter net speed but I was told it was not available for my address. I also asked if I could cancel my home phone but was told that if I did that they would cancel my internet and that there were no ports to for them to put me in. I don't understand what that means but i was told I would have to keep my home phone and internet speed or be canceled completely and would not be able to get Frontier service in the future. I asked why. They said my port would go to someone else and there were no more ports for my to be transferred too.