Lennox Logo
LAST UPDATED: December 20th, 2022

Opening its doors in 1895, Lennox now has a network of more than 6,000 dealers around the United States. Lennox maintains a dedication to the comforts of its customers while also paying attention to its environmental impact. Because it seeks to be a benefit to both individuals and the environment, Lennox attempts to stay on the innovative side of clean energy.

The Good

• Warranty Options
  • Online Tools
  • Experience
  • Offers and Savings

Warranty Options

Lennox provides different warranties for each its products, but potential customers can expect a warranty contract to range anywhere from five years to lifetime warranties. The range of coverage options also vary according to product, but it is highly likely that all customers will start out with a basic warranty. Other warranty options include the Lennox Extended Limited Warranty and the Complete Care Plus Extended Warranty.

Online Tools

On its website, Lennox has tools that will help every potential customer measure the financial and environmental impact of its services. The Lennox Energy Savings Calculator lets customers see how much they could be saving in energy costs by using more efficient heating/cooling systems. The solar calculator shows potential customers how much money they can save and also the environmental impact of switching to solar. Lennox also provides customers with a Healthy Solutions Finder, which helps potential HVAC customers find the best system to their health situation.

Experience

With more than 120 years' industry experience, Lennox has developed and maintaineda good reputation. Customers can trust that Lennox will provide quality service and products.

Offers and Savings

Lennox provides its customers with more than basic warranties for financial incentives. There is also a section of its website dedicated to informing customers about special deals and offers. Customers who are seriously thinking about choosing Lennox as their HVAC provider should take a look at the various deals offered on its site. The company also has a page dedicated to its various sweepstakes and giveaways.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Fees
  • Pricing Guide

Undisclosed Fees

Lennox does not disclose any information about possible fees that customers can expect. Admittedly, pricing is difficult (with the range of pricing depending greatly on location, climate, etc.), but that is not an excuse to withhold information about fees.

Price Guide

Just like other HVAC companies, Lennox doesn’t disclose price estimates on its website. Instead, it leaves estimates up to local Lennox dealers. For customers who would like a quote, you must call your local dealer to find out.

The Bottom Line

Though Lennox doesn’t disclose information regarding financing and fees, it does everything it can to make up for the lack of financial information. The amount of savings tools—whether promotional, educational, or through sweepstakes—that Lennox provides more than makes up for its few flaws. Lennox helps customers by providing a variety of warranty options, online tools to determine savings, and by a strict dedication to energy efficiency. We recommend that potential customers consider choosing Lennox as their HVAC service provider.

View Top Rated Companies

J9softball Summerfield, NC

The new system we had put in definitely made a difference on our energy bill. Our house was warmer in the winter and much colder in the summer. Overall I was happy with our unit with two flaws. It would make a sound like a bus braking when the exhaust would come on and off in the winter. I had multiple people come out to check it to make sure nothing was wrong, but all said that was a normal sound of Lenox units. The other thing i wasn’t a big fan of is the process for how warranty claims are filed. They make you find your own technician and they will only cover the parts cost. Now maybe that is normal, but it was a pain.

Lisa Anne Littleton, CO

We have Lennox HVAC unit in our motor home and it has been extremely reliable and we have had no issues. We opted for the additional warranty and setting it up was very easy and stress free. We highly recommend this company for their quality built products and their additional warranties they offer.

michael L Wallace Arlington, TX

My air conditioner went out about 4 years ago, so we started shopping around for a new one. Everyone that I talked to said if you want the top of the line, you need to go with Lennox. I did my research and found that It was a little higher in price than the other named brands, but I decided to go with them anyway. We are so glad we did. No problems what so ever, they were efficient, experienced, and very professional when they installed it. My electric bills went down tremendously. I will never buy another brand.

Jessica McAdory Garland, TX

I have had my Lennox ac/heat system for 2 years and it is of superior quality. My house is so cold in the summers and warm in the winter. Have not had any issues with my system. The unit is quiet and energy efficient.

Angela Van Lowe Brighton, CO

My heater was biting the dust, it hadn’t been upgraded since the 1975s. We replaced it with a Lenox heater and air conditioning unit! What a difference it made and so easy to change the filter! It was the investment I ever made!

JimS. Palm Springs, CA

I moved into a 1957 house in the Palm Springs area with a 17 year old central AC unit. On leaving Costco one night was chatted up by a nice lady-in-a-box about whether I'd like a quote on a new AC unit. In the desert here, it's not uncommon for a daytime high to be 115-120 degrees in the summer (like today). I said OK-- especially since I'd just signed a contract for $28,000 of solar panels. I was contacted by General Heating and AC, and they use Lennox. I got a very reasonable quote, the unit was installed promptly, and it came with a smart thermostat that lets me access it remotely via an app on my smartphone, as well as schedule time-of-day cooling and heating periods (pretty standard). I have no complaints about the Lennox system. It's economical, it's quiet, it's easy to program, and it works. Also, I know Costco wouldn't use a contractor who doesn't use a good brand. Lennox gets good reviews, it's rated one of the top brands, and it just works. I would buy it again.

John Joyce Chicago, IL

Have had a Lennox AC and Furnace for almost 10 years and have had only one minor issue which was covered under warranty. Would definitely highly consider for my replacement AC/Furnace.

cheryl yeary Denver, CO

We just had Coopers heating and A/C install a Lennox air conditioner. It works great. It is very quiet and makes my house feel very comfortable. Sometimes it is a bit chilly but that is ok cause it is HOT outside. I love my Lennox air conditioner.

Glenn Dalton Salt Lake City, UT

This system was installed in the home I built 22 years ago. I have had one maintenance call on this system in that time, so it is extremely reliable. Unfortunately I did have to have it replaced last week but we used the same company with a much newer system. Couldn't be any easier to operate, just set the thermo. and time settings and go about your business.

Warren Grover Seattle, WA

We bought a home in 2019 with a Lennox electric furnace and air conditioner. This is our first non-gas furnace and it has been good so far. It was installed in 2014 so has a few years on it. We do get it checked twice a year for normal maintenance and have only had to replace one minor part so far. From having worked in the HVAC industry I know that the average life expectancy of a gas furnace is only about 12 to 16 years so am anxious to see how this product compares over time. But very please thus far.

Dennis Madera, CA

We replaced out two old AC units this year with 2 new Lennox units. Brian's Heating and Air Conditioning installed the units in one day (we were told that the install could last a couple days)... we were very happy with the installation. The new Lennox units work so well, they keep our home's temp at a very comfortable level without a big utility bill. We are VERY happy with our Lennox AC's!

Lisa Hochstetler Conroe, TX

Lennox is a well known company for Hvac systems. Ours is 8 years old. It's in a house in a hot Southern state so it runs constantly for many months out of the year and cools a 1600 sq ft home with no problems. We run it at 76 degrees and it is very comfortable. When. I found out that our Hvac system was made by Lennox, I was very pleased as they are high quality and last for years.

Sharon ROGERS/Hayes Dallas, TX

Lennox has a very dependable unit and the repair recently done was just due to wear. Ive had it 13 years with no repairs until now. Who could ask for more?

David Drake Shelbyville, IN

One of the best American made people that installed it is nice friendly and highly recommend him and I will buy from again I also had a furnace besides the heat pump

Samf Tampa, FL

I had Lennox installed from Costco. They came out the next day and installed an entire system in one afternoon. Living in Florida this was a blessing. I received a 1200 dollar gift card rebate from Costco. It was the best service and best deal aorund!

Julia UP Southbury, CT

Great. Those that want a balance of lower cost than a variable-capacity AC but better performance than a single-stage model. The efficiency level is right for warm and hot climates. Would recommend

James Houston, TX

My system was not cooling properly so I called Lennox to come check it because it was under warranty. They came out the next day and found a leak in the sealed system. Had to replace a condenser but luckily it was in stock.

robert m Indianapolis, IN

Lennox service staff members were always punctual and forthright on costs

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

My new system is Lennox and the price and energy efficiency of these new units is great. Decreased my bill by nearly 15-20%

Autumn Lewiston, ID

Currently have a Lennox HVAC unit. It is over 20 years old and running strong. Routine maintenance and annual look over by a professional is the key.

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

I had a lenox unit installed in my previous home,what an upgrade from the old system,very comfortable and efficient

Devin McClellan Eagle Mountain, UT

I’ve been in the industry for several years . Lennox are great units and come with a great warranty.

Joe O Hoffman Estates, IL

Amazing products work forever and great customer service