Carrier Logo
LAST UPDATED: January 21st, 2022

Carrier Heating & Cooling has been providing HVAC services to customers since 1915. Its history boasts a rich expertise in its founder, Willis Carrier, whose invention of the modern air conditioning unit has helped launch Carrier Heating & Cooling to the top of the HVAC industry. Carrier maintains a mission to become to the world’s first choice in HVAC services.

The Good

• Warranty Options
  • Awards System
  • Experience

Warranty Options

Though it may prove difficult for some customers to find out about their possible warranty options (because of the sheer number of options depending greatly upon product), most customers can expect at least a 10-year warranty. Carrier Heating & Cooling also offers some limited lifetime and even lifetime warranties, but those are more uncommon.

Awards System

Carrier has integrated a system that ensures efforts in customer satisfaction among its employees. The Carrier President’s Award is given to Carrier dealers who go above and beyond in treating customer satisfaction as the most important business practice. With incentives for dealers to treat customers right, potential clients will find that Carrier does strive to cater to any need that customers might have.

Experience

Carrier has over 100 years of industry experience. Its founder, Willis Carrier, invented the modern A/C unit, so its employees clearly have a unique expertise in the industry.

The Bad

• Warranty Information
  • Undisclosed Fees
  • Pricing

Warranty Information

There is nothing wrong with the variety of warranty options provided by Carrier. In fact, it provides a good deal of different warranties. The problem with Carrier’s warranty information is how it is presented. Customers must select the desired product (assuming they already know which they will buy) and then read through the contract to find out the term length. Most companies simply provide the possible coverage and term lengths upfront, on the website.

Undisclosed Fees

Carrier Heating & Cooling doesn’t provide customers with any information regarding fees that might be expected.

Pricing

Carrier does not attempt to provide an estimate or quote the average pricing of its services. Though pricing does vary according to condition of air ducts, location, etc., there is always an average price that can be listed. Carrier does not provide any information regarding pricing on its website.

The Bottom Line

Carrier Heating & Cooling has a rich history and boasts an expertise that few can match. Though it doesn’t disclose fees or pricing information, customers can trust the Carrier quality of service and HVAC systems. If customers do not feel intimidated by the sheer volume of warranty information, it isn’t too difficult to figure out your expected warranty. We do recommend potential customers consider Carrier Heating & Cooling for their HVAC needs

View Top Rated Companies

4.8

Bryan Peterson Herriman, UT

We got an notice in the mail about a promo they were running for people with aging furnace and air conditioners. Mine were 20 Years old and definitely on their last leg. We were able to upgrade both items, get an air scrubber, and a humidifier. Plus we were able to do 0% financing for 18 months. It was been a great experience

Joe Leahy Marshfield, MA

We have 2 CarrierHVAC systems in our home. Both are 15 years old. Other than changing filters and annual maintenance service, we have had no additional failures or expenses. They are great reliable systems.Carrier is the best

Anoushka Ahuja Orlando, FL

Carrier HVAC is what we specified each and every time for residential projects Great company with reliable products and fantastic customer service

Corryn Moore Richmond, VA

Our new Carrier unit was installed when our old one went out last summer. It is super cost efficient and blows cold air when we need it. The installation was quick and we have no complaints.

Glenn Dalton Salt Lake City, UT

Replaced my homes first ac with one 10 years ago and it's still going strong with no breakdowns or issues with service.

Mark G Austin, TX

A local HVAC service provider installed our Carrier air conditioning system in 2016. We replaced a Carrier system installed in 1999, which worked well since we bought the house in 2009. However, it was starting to have problems, and tune-ups were costing a bit more. The improvements in system efficiency led us to replace our units. The Carrier systems are priced moderately, and most importantly, I find them to be very reliable. After installing the new units, we did experience a significant drop in electrical use during the summer months. It was well over 20% less than the previous years. I'm not knowledgeable about the mechanics of the system, so my experience comes down to the comfort level of my home without having to service the equipment. And that's been great these past few years. The thermostats are "smart," but I didn't find them very user-friendly. It took a while to understand how to set up schedules in a way that met our family's needs. Connecting the thermostats to our WiFi was easy enough, but once in a while, it drops off, and it can be challenging to reconnect it. I have to pull the thermostat off the wall, let it sit unplugged for a few minutes, plug it back in, and then WiFi reconnects. It happens once or twice per year. If I have a complaint, this is it. The app to remotely control the thermostats is okay. It can be slow, even on a new iPhone. I'll probably switch to Ecobee thermostats and get more control through my home automation tools when the time comes. Otherwise, we're thrilled with our Carrier system and its performance. In another 15 years or so, we will consider Carrier again.

James Houston, TX

I would recommend carrier to anyone. If you need service without guessing this company is the one for you. They will let you know on the spot what you really need and the price was reasonable. Would use them again.

Michael Kindschi Madison, WI

We have a Carrier Performance 96 furnace that was installed 2015. A couple years after installation we had a recall that resulted in a couple parts being replaced. Other than that, we just had normal maintenance. Really quite happy with the system. We noticed a good reduction in operating cost compared to the old system.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

After having the HVAC system break down, Carrier fixed and replaced it for us. Great customer service and very knowledgeable representatives.

LeAnn Baytown, TX

Our AC is a work horse. We have it maintained every year to make sure it is running as efficiently as possible. We have never had any major problems.

Amrit Nandrey Brentwood, TN

My current HVAC is from Carrier. They have been performing great for the past 3 years we've been using them. They are compact then the ones we used in my earlier home. Very happy with the selection for now.

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

I recently had my central hvac system replaced with a carrier system,ac is has never been better,system is quiet and very efficient.

Marko Canonsburg, PA

I have had a Carrier furnace for four years and have not had any problems with it. It is extremely warm and efficient, and the humidifier works fine also.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Carrier, to me, is of the highest quality HVAC equipment there is. I have used Carrier to replace condensers and other air conditioning equipment. For the price, you get so much value in reliable machinery. Install is easy and performance is unmatched. Carrier cannot be topped.

mike Smith Minneapolis, MN

Professional installation with friendly service

Mike Will Pompano Beach, FL

Incredible performance and excellent efficiency.

Colin North Fork, CA

I bought the infinity series hvac for my home this summer. Works great. Does not use a lot of kw compared to my old system

Noureddine Lalami Oakland, CA

Carrier seems to be by far one of the best and most efficient brand that I experienced. Although a bit pricy, they make it up in efficiency savings.

Dave Spokane, WA

Our Carrier HVAC unit is 27 years old and still works. Recently we've paid for some repairs, but anything that performs well for that long is worth 5 stars in my book.

Erik Lewis Atlanta, GA

I had a mini-split 2 ton model. Perfectly sized and dropped the overall ac bill immensley.

Rebecca Lester Salem, VA

The unit itself prvoided good cooling. However, my issue was that it was extremely loud. Was average in the maintenance area.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

We just upgraded our AC unit this past weekend. We now have a Carrier unit and have heard great things about it's efficiency so that's why we picked it. So far we've noticed how quiet it is and our house feels great.

Sherri Gresham Baytown, TX

We are on our 2nd Carrier Home AC unit. Both have been great. No issues.

anupam sumessur Lorton, VA

Good maintenance and customer service. Very competitive.

Max Winkel Lindon, UT

The panels on the mini-splits are very weak. They will break. The good news is that they replaced them.