First Premier Home Warranty

LAST UPDATED: September 8th, 2022

First Premier Home Warranty was incorporated in 2020, but its founder is an industry veteran with more than 30 years of  experience in the industry. The company offers two extensive home warranty plans starting at less than $1 per day after paying the warranty policy premium. Policies are available to homeowners throughout the country*, and quality service is ensured through a vetted network of qualified service technicians — First Premier’s service fee starts at $45.

Continue reading to learn more about this home warranty company or jump down to read First Premier Home Warranty reviews from real customers.

*Service may not be available in all states. Get a quote or speak with a First Premier Home Warranty representative to confirm if the company’s plans and coverage are available in your state.

The Good

• First Premier Home Warranty Plans
  • Coverage for Various Property Types
  • 24/7 Claim Service
  • $45 Service Call Fee
  • Service and Labor Guarantee
  • No Transfer Fee
  • Policy Payment Flexibility
  • No Home Inspection Required
  • First Premier Home Warranty Reviews

First Premier Home Warranty Plans

First Premier Home Warranty offers two basic plans to choose from, the Premier Plan and the Platinum Plan.

Both warranty plans are available to purchase through monthly or annual payments. Both include a mix of appliances and systems, rather than separating appliance plans and systems plans, as most home warranty companies do.

An appliance or system must be in working order on the policy’s effective date to receive coverage.

Here’s how the First Premier Home Warranty Premier and Platinum Plans compare:

A/C system
Heating system
Clothes washer/dryer
Refrigerator

First Premier Home Warranty also offers extensive optional coverage options that can be added to either plan:

• Pool/spa
  • Additional over/range/stove
  • Additional clothes washer
  • Additional clothes dryer
  • Sprinkler system

Each optional coverage option is priced individually and will be added to the overall cost of your chosen plan. For specific pricing information, you will need to contact a First Premier representative.

Coverage for Various Property Types

First Premier Home Warranty policies cover various property types, including the following:

• Dwellings with less or more than 5,000 square feet
  • Existing and newly built homes
  • Single-family homes
  • Condominiums
  • Townhomes
  • Mobile homes

Dwellings larger than 5,000 square feet can also be covered by First Premier, including single- and multi-family dwellings (up to a four-plexes) through the standard options. However, people looking to cover multi-family properties should note that shared systems in multi-family residences are not eligible for plan coverage.

If you are looking to cover a shared water heater, for example, be careful to ask questions and thoroughly read the terms of service to know what you can expect and whether the provider offers any upgrades to fill this coverage gap.

24/7 Claim Service

Claims can be submitted over the phone to the 24/7 First Premier Home Warranty service hotline. You can email customer service or fill out an online contact form, but this doesn’t activate the claims process. After a form is submitted online, you will be contacted by a contractor relations representative to discuss your claim.

$45 Service Call Fee

First Premier Home Warranty has one of the lowest trade service fees in the industry, starting at $45.

Service and Labor Guarantee

If service work performed under this contract should fail, then the company will make the necessary repairs without an additional Trade Service Call Fee for a period of 90 days on parts and 30 days on labor.

No Transfer Fee

Customers can transfer their contract at any time with no fee.

Policy Payment Flexibility

First Premier Home Warranty offers annual contracts that can be purchased in one lump sum or split into monthly payments.

If you choose an annual plan and decide to pay up front rather than in monthly installments, you could save $50.

No Home Inspection Required

First Premier Home Warranty doesn't require a property inspection before you can buy or start a home warranty. Instead, the company has a 30-day wait policy before your policy becomes effective.

First Premier Home Warranty Reviews

First Premier Home Warranty reviews on BestCompany.com are limited in comparison to other home warranty companies, but customer sentiment is primarily positive — 64 percent of First Premier Home Warranty reviews are 4 or 5 stars.

Positive reviews typically highlight the following:

• Quick claim response time (within 24 hours)
  • Responsive and helpful claims department
  • Initial sign-up discounts
  • Knowledgeable sales agents

Limited negative reviews typically mention the following:

• Difficulties reaching customer service representatives
  • Service call and repair delays

Negative reviews are limited in comparison to positive reviews for this home warranty company, but it is important to make note of both perspectives.

The Bad

• Coverage Restrictions
  • Cash in Lieu of Repair or Replacement
  • Emergency Repair Process
  • Contractor Authorization

Coverage Restrictions

Covered appliances and home systems must be in proper working condition on the policy's effective date and located inside the home's main foundation, or in the garage (attached or detached). However, exceptions allow coverage for the following items not fully contained within the building's footprint:

• Air conditioning
  • Exterior pool and spa
  • Septic system
  • Well pump

Cash in Lieu of Repair or Replacement

First Premier Home Warranty shoppers should know that, at the company's discretion, you may be offered cash back instead of a repair or replacement. The settlement amount offered is equal to what it would cost First Premier to repair or replace the broken mechanical system component or appliance, which may be "less than retail" — meaning, the company will give you money, but it won't cover the total amount that you may spend if you to pay to fix the issue on your own.

If you have covered systems or appliances that are deemed irreparable or totaled (not cost-effective to repair), your contract only covers a replacement that costs less than the depreciated value of the system or appliance that's not working. That amount does not include labor to install it either. The company does not claim responsibility for installation in this circumstance.

Emergency Repair Process

First Premier Home Warranty doesn’t provide an in-contract timeframe when it comes to emergency repair assistance. First Premier’s website states, "We will determine what repairs constitute an emergency and will make reasonable efforts to expedite emergency service."

Contractor Authorization

According to its Terms and Conditions, First Premier Home Warranty has the "sole and absolute right" to choose the contractor who performs your service call. If you choose a service pro on your own, prior approval from First Premier must be authorized.

Under certain circumstances, the warranty provider may request or approve you to contact an independent service provider. If this happens, customers will be reimbursed for an authorized amount.

You will only be reimbursed if you get prior approval from First Premier before contacting on your own and getting claims approved. Before reimbursement, the warranty company needs acceptable proof of repair and an itemized cost receipt.

Some home warranty companies allow customers to choose their own contractors without the need for authorization, making it much easier for homeowners to work with a contractor they trust and then get reimbursed when service is complete.

The Bottom Line

First Premier Home Warranty offers home appliance and system coverage with two plans to choose from — the Premier Plan and the Platinum Plan. Both plans cover a variety of home appliances and systems, and both plans can be customized with an array of optional coverage options.

Compared to other home warranty companies, First Premier Home Warranty has a low service fee starting at $45. The industry average service fee is $65.

Customers benefit from a 24/7 service line to call-in claim requests, as well as parts and labor guarantees, though appliance and system replacements and repairs depend on some exclusions and calculations.

The majority of First Premier Home Warranty reviews are positive, outlining fast and responsive service. Some common First Premier complaints mention the opposite, including difficulties reaching customer service and a confusing claims process.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

3.6

Marsha Salvador Long Branch, NJ

By far the best company out there. Placed my first ac request with them on Monday, they had someone out there the following morning it seemed like I needed freon. Thank you Alex in claims for your follow up to make sure it was all taken care of.

Bri Guy Chicago, IL

First Premier Home Warrany (FPHW) is the most unprofessional company I have had the displeasure to work with. My AC stopped blowing cold in May 2022. The assigned contractor's diagnostic, which he and FPHW refused to provide to me in writing, I was told, indicated the need for Freon only. I paid $680 (including $60 service fee) and FPHW paid $155 to the contractor. On July 1, the AC went out again. I called FPHW and they advised me to call the prior contractor, who upon contact that day, requested I file new a claim. I called FPHW back, but the office was closed. They are not 24/7 and their-after hours answering service does not prompt any action until they are in the office on Monday. Due to holiday, FPHW was next back in the office on July 5 . My claim was assigned to a new contractor, who came on 07/07. His verbal summary was that the motor was worn out, needed replacement, which should have been caught by the prior contractor. After 1 1/2 weeks of my repeated calls to FPHW for a decision, numerous promises from reps and manager, Mike, that I would receive a call from their office, finally on my call to their office 07/18, I received a verbal denial: burnt out motor and electrical wiring issue. Mike told me that their electrical wiring issue no coverage clause applies to the AC unit rather than just the electrical wiring internal to my residence. He advised me to submit a second opinion, which he would hopefully intercept once I submitted and escalate for review. So, I hired a contractor who came out on 07/20. His diagnosis was a worn-out motor due to age, which could be replaced, but would be like putting a band aid on a broken arm. I forwarded the contactor's email and pictures to FPHW and after many more calls, during which some were unanswered, or transferred around to someone who was wiling to talk to me, I was told on 07/25 that my grievance was denied because my contractor confirmed their adjuster's original determination: burnt out motor and electrical wiring issue. The next day, I requested a refund by replying to their salesman's (Joe M) September 2021 welcome email and, using a link within the email that goes to their website, I requested a refund and submitted constructive feedback. The next day when I called to check on my request, I was told my account was locked due to submitting the feedback, and my refund request denied until I rescinded it, so no one could assist me. This retaliatory action is indicative of how FPHW operates and treats customers.

Kristina Buck Brooklyn, NY

Sales agent was very knowledgeable, friendly, courteous and helpful in navigating me to a new home warranty that I think I will be happy and comfortable with, especially after a year working with another company, who provided poor customer service and support for a year. He made sure I understood the First Premier plan, my options, and the many choices and benefits I have. I look forward to working with such a highly rated company. I am very pleased to have had the opportunity to speak and work with him who worked very hard with this senior citizen to sign me up with a great yet affordable, flexible plan that adds value to my home. He greatly alleviated any worries that I had experienced from my dealings with and assured me that I would receive top notch service and help being with First Premier. He was so very helpful!

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Kristina, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Bad Company Birmingham, AL

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!! I cancelled this policy in writing 1 1/2 months after having it due to their game playing, horrible customer service, and constant delay in our first service call & repair. It took them over 2 weeks to get a service technician to our home and when we called the repair company to find out when they were going to repair our machine, we were told they were waiting to get paid from 1st Premier Home Warranty (who they had never dealt with before) and they never return to fix anything, due to this company constant delays in this repair. When I called the office @ 1st Premier, the person that answered the office phone would constantly change his name, but I could distinguish his voice. He was so rude and unprofessional that I filed a complaint against him to the company but He just stepped up his nastiness towards me even hanging up on me. I finally could not take any more horrific dealings with this company, and cancelled both policies I had (They talked me into a five-year policy on another home stating that they would give me an additional year free – it was still over $2500). I filed a several complaints -one with the New York attorney general’s office, Brooklyn division, and have advise all the people that have contacted me regarding their horrible experience with 1st Premier, to join with me in a class action lawsuit against this deceitful and despicable company. They lied to the AG’s office, saying I never gave written notification for the cancellation. I provided ample documentation to the AG’s Office that I sent them numerous emails asking them to cancel both policies due to their horrible customer service, unresponsiveness and constant delays with our repair. They acknowledged the cancellation of one policy but refused to acknowledge the other. Then they refused to return my money with the policy they acknowledged, but I disputed it with my credit card company and I received FULL credit back. Unfortunately, the other payment was a check, which I ADVISE YOU NOT GIVE THEM ANY $, as I have been waiting for my money to be returned since Joe M (who works there) told me that he would keep me posted (in an email) when I asked where my check was. That was last November 2021. What a hassle they are to deal with!!! PLEASE CONTACT ME & LET’S FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINT THEM! They are a VERY BAD COMPANY

M. Nielsen South Bend, IN

Shopping around for a home warranty, I called Premier Home Warranty very professional and answered Ll my questions and gave me their plans and costs, it was too much for me at this time but will call them back when I am ready to put a home Warranty in place.

Micky Mcphearson Brooklyn, NY

I called home First Premier Home Warranty to file a claim and it was one of the nicest experiences I have ever had. I was so frustrated about the problem I called about. The claim representative Tyson really made it easy for me to understand everything and put my mind at ease. Within a few hours he had a technician at my house diagnosing my washing machine, after the diagnosis our lovely technician called the authorization department at First Premier and had it approved within minutes!! Very satisfied with this company. I definitely recommend them!

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Micky, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Dec. 14th, 2021

Larry Dick Coffeyville, KS

Excellent Customer Service..Joe called me about First Premier Home Warranty and at NO TIME did I feel pressured into making a decision. Joe also gave me discounts that I was not aware of. I was thoroughly Impressed by his Professionalism and thorough knowledge of the coverage. I was in Finance and Sales for 35 years and I received the kind of Customer Service, Professionalism, and Product Knowledge that I expected from the Sales crew I had working in my Department with No Pressure. EXCELLENT...AAA THANK YOU JOE AND FIRST PREMIER FOR HELPING ME CHOOSE THE RIGHT HOME WARRANTY COMPANY!!!! 👍👍👍👌👌👌

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Larry, Thank you for your energetic & positive feedback on your experience with First Premier Home Warranty. Working with customers as yourself gives us a great sense of pride in our goal of customer care and satisfaction. Always a pleasure dealing with customers like you!

Sep. 14th, 2020

Bruce Ally Brooklyn, NY

Amazing Service and amazing company, got an amazing discount at the time of sign up and the claims department has been a breeze. Recommended to everyone.

Amalia Davenport, FL

A bunch of ... All the reviews are fake, check the reviews profiles: you can pay for them online. Another issue (again): There is an AC unit that is broken, and the technician has asked the home warranty company to replace it. After weeks asking First Premier Home Warranty to give a deadline in order to change the AC unit I have received a call from a salesman telling me that If I renew the policy (renewal date for the 06.15.22) they will cover the claim. This is unethical and illegal. Just my two cents: buyer beware :( ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Good afternoon, May you kindly tell me what your home warranty company is for? I am supposed to pay a $60 fee for a service call fee as agreed on my contract and today's plumber is asking me $175. This is not the first time that this happens, the previous times I have paid the total service, given that the contractor/handyman/technician were already at the home and wanted to fix the issue (I am a landlord and I have paid $3,350 to insure 9 units, I got a 'special' price for that and luckily I didn't incur on the regrettable mistake of taking a policy for 5 years, even the sales person was hard trying to). I have been dealing with your company all this year and NOT a Single Claim has been satisfied. Your job is not sending to the customer's house shoddy companies that don't want to honor the home warranty contract. I am going to report your company to the BBB, I guess all the reviews at TrustPilot are fake, well, I am seeing that the last ones might be correct since people are experiencing things like myself. And those in Google as well: it's impossible to get such reviews except from paying a hefty fee to an online marketing vendor (quite unethical, by the way). I am going to request a refund of my policy, which has proven useless so far, what a waste of time and money: $3,350 to the bin, excluding the emotional/time toll taken from the many mails, calls, appointments and the consequent upsetting of my tenants and myself for not fixing anything, Amalia

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

We apologize for any dissatisfaction you have experienced. We take the utmost care to ensure that every interaction with our customers meets their expectations. Your complaint is being taken with extreme seriousness. We are in the process of conducting an internal investigation to determine if there were any missteps. It is of paramount importance to us that we ensure the highest levels of customer service. Should you have not received that level of service, we will work with you to resolve this matter amicably. A Senior Director has been assigned to this case. Once again, we offer you our sincerest apologies, and are looking forward to settling this complaint After reviewing your account, it seems like you had a total of 5 out of 6 claims that have been APPROVED and paid on your properties.

Dan Johnson Sandy, UT

So underwhelmed by my experience. Terrible customer service!! These people do not care about you in the least. Never again. Premiere sent a repairman that swore he didn't know how they got his name because he doesn't work with warranty companies. He didn't even know where to send the quote so I had to do that. You have to do all the work, they will never call you to let you know the status of your claim. When I finally, after several days of trying, got a representative on the phone they informed me that they will be giving me $150 for my $800 dishwasher instead of repairing it. There's so much more to this story but it's not even worth my time to sit here and type it. Long story short, I do not recommend this company. It's so frustrating to have an appliance that you use everyday go out, but this company makes it worse!!! Please save yourself the torment and go with anybody else.

JE

I have done multiple jobs for this company as a contractor. Hands down easy to work with and friendly people. Looking forward to continuing my business with them in the future.

Malika Sharif Lansdowne, PA

Let me just tell all consumers out there why they should not get a warranty which First Premier: 1. Horrible customer service. They never answer the phone and have an unreliable answering service. Most warranty companies are available 24/7..not these clowns. They do not even return phone calls-and when they do, they keep you on hold forever. 2. Complete scam artists-I purchased a home in November after coming home from deployment and serving my country; some salesperson from First Premier Home warranty called me soliciting home warranties. I agreed and signed a contract and paid for the warranty for three years over the course of 4-6 months. My freezer/refrigerator started giving me issues: the freezer was too cold-everything was being frozen over and becoming a block of ice in the freezer. The refrigerator was not getting cold enough. The icemaker stop making ice. I contacted First Premier to initiate a claim and they never called me back until almost a month later. Initially they were trying to walk me through repairing the issue over the phone and then when I told them that would not fly. That is when they decided to get someone out to look at it. People this was March 2021 fast forward to when the technician came out to look at the freezer- May 2021. These scam artists found the cheapest labor to come look at my freezer. He came out check it out and made a diagnosis. I kept calling the technician to find out when the repairs would be completed. He stated that he was waiting on the warranty company to respond to him about payment for the repairs. When I spoke with the warranty company after speaking with the technician-they said they were waiting on the diagnosis from the technician. I called the technician on three way with the warranty company and they were arguing with one another. Todd P. who is the “Head of Operations” for First Premier was arguing with the technician over the cost of the repairs. I told them both that this was unprofessional and I am just trying to get my freezer fixed. The technician texted me and said that Todd P. was a liar which I already suspected and once the technician was off the phone Todd P. bragged about how he was going to lowball the technician and asked me not to tell the technician. Overall, this was the worst experience I have ever had with a warranty company. This company is full of crap. They a bunch of unprofessional scam artists. Todd P. cares more about a negative review online than whether or not he has happy customers. I had to barter with this lame head of operations to get my freezer fixed because even with all the money I paid for the warranty. He initially told me the part that was needed to fix my freezer was not covered by my warranty. I told him if they fixed my freezer, I would take the review down. Which I absolutely had no intention of doing because the review was the truth about this lame company. When I mentioned that I wanted to cancel the warranty and go elsewhere-he stated that you would not be able to get your freezer fixed because it is considered a pre-existing condition. I will say it again. This company cares more about making money than keeping and making existing customers happy. Last thing I need to mention about this company and its practices. If you decide to cancel. They will offer a prorated amount as a refund. This is how they calculate your refund. They subtract however many months you had the warranty which is fine but also they subtract the amount they paid for any repairs that was supposed to be covered by your warranty. So here goes I paid $1133.36 for a warranty for 3 years. I cancelled after 8 months. Here is what the math should look like: 3 years equals 36 months…$1133.36 divided by 36 months is approximately $31.49. $31.49 times 8 months is $251.92. $1133.36 minus $251.92 equals $881.44. This should be my refund amount. These scam artists decided that they are entitled to retain $926.24 and only refund me $207.12 talking about they kept $300 for a “repair” to my freezer. They never repaired my freezer. They sent out again the cheapest tech they could find and he did not fix the issue. I actually paid a reputable company (Appliance Doctors) over $400 to fix the issue and NOW and only now, my freezer works great. 3. Fast-forward to 9/15/2021 almost two months after I initially cancelled my warranty. I received the authorization for the prorated balance amount of $207.12 back in July and was told to sign it and return it and I would be issued a refund. I purposely didn’t sign it and return it back in July because I was waiting on a response from the PA Attorney General as well as the BBB because I filed a claim with them once I received the proposed prorated refund document but since I haven’t heard anything for approx. two months, I decided to go ahead and sign the form and send it back to at least try and get part of the money that is owed to me from this company. I was told by Todd P. the refund was still “pending” because I did not take down the first review that I submitted on the company’s website back in like March/April of 2021. I explained that we already discussed this and that I was not taking down a review that was true. Secondly I asked how am I supposed to take down an already posted review and his response was “figure it out”. I told him well I am not taking it down and he said and I quote “well you not getting a refund.” This whole situation is asinine. 4. This company is totally unprofessional and total scam artist. Consumers for your own wellbeing-if you are ever approached via email or by phone from First Premier Home Warranty to purchase a warranty decline and do some research and find a reputable company. DO NOT EVER PURCHASE A WARRANTY THROUGH FIRST PREMIER HOME WARRANTY…YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Malika, We apologize for any dissatisfaction you have experienced. We take the utmost care to ensure that every interaction with our customers meets their expectations. Your complaint is being taken with extreme seriousness. We are in the process of conducting an internal investigation to determine if there were any missteps. It is of paramount importance to us that we ensure the highest levels of customer service. Should you have not received that level of service, we will work with you to resolve this matter amicably. A Senior Director has been assigned to this case. Once again, we offer you our sincerest apologies, and are looking forward to settling this complaint.

Charles lavine Brooklyn, NY

My microwave had gone out on a random Tuesday morning, I called FPHW they had a technician come out in 5 hours, he said the microwave was unrepairable and they went ahead and replaced it with the newest Samsung microwave they had. Thank you FPHW keep up the good work!

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Charles, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Jennifer Dunlap Kingston, WA

I just signed up with First Premier Home Warranty and so far they have been great with quick communication. They honored a rate that I received in November. I have not yet had to use the warranty and live in a rural area, so hopefully it will go smoothly when I need services someday.

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Jennifer, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Natalie Badra Fallston, MD

First Premier has been amazing so far. I was able to get a quote and take my time on deciding whether to go with them or someone else. I spoke with Joe M. and he was able to save us a lot more ($100+) than other companies I spoke with. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and I couldn't recommend him more! We have not had to put in a claim yet, but I look forward to working with them when that time comes!

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Natalie, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Phillip Christensen Lincoln, NE

I would do zero stars if it was possible. I scheduled a service call for my dishwasher. I received a couple phone calls that day from first premier to get more information. Then nothing. I called them after a few days and they said they do all their scheduling via email. I never received any email from them but they gave me the name and number of a local tech. I called him ands I let the tech pick the day and time best for him. He pulled a no show, after an hour I called but he didn’t answer his phone or reply to my text when I asked when he would get there. I had to reach out to first premier who told me he would be getting back to me to set up a time later that day. I gave him an hour and then called. No answer so I text him asking what the plan was. He replied “so sorry have to reschedule”. I immediately replied asking when that would be. No response. Now I just called the 24 hour number for first premier and they aren’t there I got an answering service. Now I missed a day of work, and don’t have a new time scheduled and there is no one to talk to at their 24-7 365 day phone number. They are completely disrespecting me and my time. This level of service is completely unacceptable! I found a link in their email with my policy in it where they offered a free month to leave a positive review of their company. No way they have dropped the ball and aren’t even trying to make any kind of mends for it.

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

We apologize for any dissatisfaction you have experienced. We take the utmost care to ensure that every interaction with our customers meets their expectations. Your complaint is being taken with extreme seriousness. We are in the process of conducting an internal investigation to determine if there were any missteps. It is of paramount importance to us that we ensure the highest levels of customer service. Should you have not received that level of service, we will work with you to resolve this matter amicably. A Senior Director has been assigned to this case. Once again, we offer you our sincerest apologies, and are looking forward to settling this complaint. We understand that you spoke with a member of our team. Is it safe to say that this matter has been resolved to your satisfaction?

Matthew Block Ridgeland, MS

In December the technician came out to fix the ice maker in our refrigerator. The technician (decades of experience) said there was no part. About 3 months later another tech came with a part and it did not fit. A couple weeks ago a tech came out with a part, it fit and water immediately started leaking and ice maker is still broke. I final had to shut off the water. It has been 6 months now. You need to replace our refrigerator.

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Matthew, We apologize for any dissatisfaction you have experienced. We take the utmost care to ensure that every interaction with our customers meets their expectations. Your complaint is being taken with extreme seriousness. We are in the process of conducting an internal investigation to determine if there were any missteps. It is of paramount importance to us that we ensure the highest levels of customer service. Should you have not received that level of service, we will work with you to resolve this matter amicably. A Senior Director has been assigned to this case. Once again, we offer you our sincerest apologies, and are looking forward to settling this complaint.

Jun. 2nd, 2021

Joshua Bradley Brooklyn, NY

We had our ice maker break and we filed a claim online and in less than a week they had a very competent and knowledgeable technician out to our home and fixed the ice maker, Much better service than our previous warranty

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Joshua, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Robert Davis

I’ve had Home warranties for the last 10 years and I can truly say no one treats there customers the way First Premier does. From signup to claim process it’s been a smooth ride. I’ve done plenty of research prior to purchasing this policy and no one offers more for your money than this company! Kudos

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Robert, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Oct. 4th, 2021

Diana Cox Brooklyn, NY

I wanted to put this review after my first service request, 5 stars for First Premier they went above and beyond to service my dishwasher even when the servicer said that it could be repaired First premier went the replacement route because they didn't want an issue to happen in the future.

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Diana, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

May. 9th, 2021

William Golden Peekskill, NY

I haven't submitted a claim yet so I can only comment on the sign on process. Their pricing was very reasonable and their coverage is comprehensive so I feel I am getting good value. The other reason I chose First Premier over the other companies was because of their excellent reviews.

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

William, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

James Strenger Hudson, FL

Joe M was very personable and easy to deal with. He was patient and attentive to all my questions and answered all of them for me. Joe made me feel like he was truly try to help me get the best warranty to fit my needs and budget.

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

James, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Sep. 29th, 2020

James Goodman Silverdale, WA

First Premier Home Warranty is a solid choice in home warranty. They offer several plans and from my experience the associates took the time to explained the different levels. I appreciate them not trying to "up-sell" on a plan I truly didn't. They helped me understand what plan and price best fits my families life style and our current location. First Premier brings trust to this industry, and I'm genuinely grateful.

DmetrioB Greenville, MS

Their customer centric approach and service were second to none. They put together a comprehensive home warranty package that put them head and shoulders above other companies I checked out. I made a well informed decision and switched to First Premier Home Warranty!

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

DmetrioB, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Kevin Osborne Richland, WA

Most expensive, unethical racket in the Home Warranty business. Bought a 6 year, $2,500 warranty. Filed 2 claims, both were deemed irreparable. Fought for 25% and, 10% for payouts! Canceled after 10 months. Fought for a $600 refund!!! Expected around $2,150 for 10 months.

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

We apologize for any dissatisfaction you have experienced. We take the utmost care to ensure that every interaction with our customers meets their expectations. Your complaint is being taken with extreme seriousness. We are in the process of conducting an internal investigation to determine if there were any missteps. It is of paramount importance to us that we ensure the highest levels of customer service. Should you have not received that level of service, we will work with you to resolve this matter amicably. A Senior Director has been assigned to this case. Once again, we offer you our sincerest apologies, and are looking forward to settling this complaint. After reviewing this account, there has been payouts for your claims as well as services that were used. Feel free to reach out with any further questions

Jacquelline Onyango St Louis, MO

I signed up a home warranty with this company (First Premium Home Warranty).My Kitchen disposal broke down and reported; the contract says you wait for 48 hours then get a claim number, after which they'll assign a technician to come and fix the appliance. I did exactly that, was given a claim number and a technician called and confirmed the time they were to show up at my place to check the disposal. The technician never showed up as agreed and when I called them, they told me that First Premium Home Warranty had called them and advised them not to come. I then reached out to First Premium Home Warranty and initially they said that this contractor had quoted a higher price compared to what they were paying for the same service, so I asked them to send me one of their contractors that was within their price range and this is when they changed the claim to be a cash in lieu of repairs. They sent me a form to fill and send back, which I did. They then said, it should take 7-14 days to process and I waited. I started asking the status and they kept on saying it is under process. This was more than a month after reporting the problem. One of their agents then called and told me how they had issues a check, that got lost, and they have cancelled it in the bank; so I asked him, where did it get lost? he said post office, I asked do you have a tracking number, this agent said the tracking number was with another department. So I asked the agent to just cancel my contract and refund my dues since they had failed to fulfill their side of the contract. He said he will cancel and let me know as I could not accommodate more excuses and stories. They then went DEAD. No response to emails. I have resigned myself to the fact that I was duped. This company (First Premium Home Warranty) took my money and gave a contract they had no intention of fulfilling. Avoid this Company (First Premium Home Warranty) at all Cost.

Carolyn Duncan Tempe, AZ

The company works on commission and at first you feel pushed. They try and sell you on it instead of giving incentives. Once u get passed that and get the right sales person things work out.

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Carolyn, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Matthew Craven Martinsville, VA

Well, I took out the warranty service when I bought my home just a couple of months ago. I had them come to fix some electrical outlets that are not working. The first service referred would not even contact me back to schedule a repair. After a week I was assigned another service. It took a few days to schedule someone to come out and that was only after a few calls. It seems when a service tries to verify the coverage, First Premier difficult to contact. So, this morning the electricians come out and look at my outlets for about an hour. They figured out what they needed to do next but they could not reach FP. They said they would try to call them back later. I called the 24/7 number and I was told they wouldn't open until 9, the service came out at 7:30. So, I finally called back at around 4 pm to the service and they advised they had contacted FP but they hadn't heard anything back. I called FP and I was told the wiring issue must be diagnosed with what is called a 'wire trace'. I was then told that procedure was not covered but was neccesary in order to figure out what to repair. So I asked the representative "Does that mean I have to pay to find the problem for you to do you job and get someone to fix it?" They said no, but it is not covered and once it is done they can have it fixed. So I call the service back and find out the procedure would be between $125 and $250 and once done, would probably fix the issue. So the procedure that isn't covered would fix the issue but they say they cover the electrical system. They expect someone to guess that they don't cover something most people don't even have an understanding about. Wouldn't you expect a company to cover the procedure that is necessary to diagnose the problem in which they are tasked to fix? They tell you it is in the manual, which it is, but who even knows that is it other than electricians? Also, you only get the manual provided once you have paid them. Thinking seriously of canceling my six-year, yes, six-year paid service plan.

May. 31st, 2021

Joseph Wiggins Charlotte, NC

I talked with Jack, who was very professional and friendly. He advised me of all my options and answered all my questions.. I would definitely recommend this home warranty to anyone!

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Joseph, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Jan. 17th, 2021

Vickie L Mann Aurora, CO

Jack was very professional, friendly and helpful in helping me to obtain a warranty for the buyers of my home. He was able to put together a package that was a perfect fit. Thank you!

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Vickie, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Dec. 31st, 2020

Bridget londo Los Angeles, CA

Ever since I switched over to First premier they’ve been super reliable and always quick to help with all the claims I’ve had so far. Highly recommend working with them! Ask for chase he’s great!

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Bridget, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Oct. 23rd, 2020

JR Randall San Antonio, TX

I wasn’t even going to take the call because I was busy. But I’m so glad I did. My husband and I had recently agreed that we needed to renew. Jack was phenomenal in his execution and knowledge of the company! Great job!

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

JR, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Oct. 19th, 2020

David Story Orlando, FL

I have only had one claim but they went above to make sure I was satisfied. The job was completed

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

David, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Linda Daly Prescott, AZ

If I could give a 0 score, I would. I have had many home warranty companies over the years and this is absolutely the worst. They take your money very well but they take up to 2 days to even give you a repair person. Then, in my experience, they deny the claims time and time again. It says that your refund - if you want to cancel is prorated by months left of service minus a $75 administrative fee. Yet, when I tried to cancel after 2 months of service, they said they would pay me 1/12 of what I paid in.

Youxun Shen Short Hills, NJ

This company is a scam. It is a fraudulent biz. So far they have refused to do any repair for my claims. The contract clearly specifies that ductwork is covered but they blatantly told the technician that no ductwork is covered. When I told them I would let others know how unethical their biz practice is, they threatened with words like "we know where you live". This is such a hellish experience.

Keith Mainwal Highland, CA

In my opinion this company is a complete scam! My most recent issue was a leaky shower. Everything was fine they assured me that it was a covered item, that is until they received the plumber’s estimate then all of the sudden it was not a covered item! Total scam. The supervisor tried to tell that he work take care of me with a further waived fee. Unbelievable

ELIZABETH Lakeland, FL

Very courteous. Looked for ways of saving money and still getting a good reliable policy for my needs. Explained the policy and how it works.

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Elizabeth, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Dec. 14th, 2021

OverTime Montana Billings, MT

BUYER BEWARE! I purchased a home in February of 2021. As part of the transaction, we took out a Home Warranty policy with First Premier Home Warranty to have warranty on major appliances like the oven, stove, air conditioning system, heating system, etc. Per their own website, policy documents, and claim, they will fix or replace above stated items. We began having troubles with our air conditioning system in May of 2021 so we had an HVAC company come out to assess the problem. Since I'm one of those people who likes a second opinion, I had a 2nd company come out and assess the problem. Both companies came to the same exact conclusion. The system was in a vacuum and will not hold coolant and the system would need to be replaced. I forwarded the diagnosis to First Premier Home Warranty and initiated a claim. About a week passed with zero correspondence from First Premier Home Warranty beyond the initial correspondence where I initiated the claim so I sent a follow up email to determine the status. The response was "your claim has been denied". I then called First Premier Home Warranty to no avail. They told me their "claims specialist" would get back to me in a few days. Almost a week later the phone rang and a very rude and pushy man asked to speak to me. Turns out his name is Todd. Todd used an aggressive approach in attempt to belittle me for not being an expert in cooling and heating. Because somehow I should be an expert in cooling and heating in order to file a claim to have my AC replaced? Interesting, but moving along. Todd tells me I need to pay for the system to be refilled and to have a dye added to the system so they could determine where the leak is. Again, reiterating that they will not pay to have this done but it needed to be done to determine if they'll cover a replacement. I'll remind you, I had TWO companies come out and diagnose the problem. BOTH companies determined the system was shot and would need to be replaced. So First Premier Home Warranty wants me to pay out of my own pocket to have the system refilled? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Why would I pay out of pocket to refill a system that has been determined to be no good? And if I refused to pay unnecessary money to fill the bad system that they would immediately deny the claim. It's become VERY clear that First Premier Warranty does absolutely everything in their power to deny a claim and not take care of their customers.

May. 26th, 2021

tom rivers Boston, MA

My neighbor referred me over to first premier and i took advantage of the spring savings they had going on. Hopefully I never need it, but its peace of mind to have. Thanks

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Tom, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Nov. 25th, 2020

Tiara Greer Clarksville, TN

I love the representative of the company (Jack A). He was very understanding and professional. I will be recommending people to the company because of him!!!

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Tiara, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Nov. 9th, 2020

Grass Love Chester, NJ

Joe is very patient in answering all questions and several phone calls, he is also knowledgeable and helpful. He is hardworking, can be always reached via phone.

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Grass, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Sep. 23rd, 2020

Carrie Rule Republic, MO

We just signed up for our plan so I can't comment on the claims process, but the gentleman who walked me through the policy was very knowledgeable and did his best to get me a good rate. Great service so far.

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Carrie, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Phyllis Jones Sneads, FL

No help when service needed. Will not be renewing. Too much money taken, none returned. No service in area wanted to help and would not work with us or your company.

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Phyllis, We apologize for any dissatisfaction you have experienced. We take the utmost care to ensure that every interaction with our customers meets their expectations. Your complaint is being taken with extreme seriousness. We are in the process of conducting an internal investigation to determine if there were any missteps. It is of paramount importance to us that we ensure the highest levels of customer service. Should you have not received that level of service, we will work with you to resolve this matter amicably. A Senior Director has been assigned to this case. Once again, we offer you our sincerest apologies, and are looking forward to settling this complaint.

James Stierna Ada, MI

Very easy to sign up and company included my requested add on at no charge

Jimmy Henry Houston, TX

The worst customer service ever. They tell you 48hrs before they get back to you but they never do. They lie. They lose emails and paperwork. Terrible.

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Jimmy, Our customer service team is available 24 hour 7 days a week. The information was sent out to you in 1 day after claim was received. The reason for slight delay was that we were waiting on the diagnosis from the technician. So as the company we did everything on our end to be on top of things. Once again, we offer you our sincerest apologies, and are looking forward to settling this complaint.

Eric Stewart Katy, TX

My dishwasher went out a month ago. I called about three times with no response from First Premier Home Warranty. My dishwasher is still broke.

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Eric, We apologize for any dissatisfaction you have experienced. We take the utmost care to ensure that every interaction with our customers meets their expectations. Your complaint is being taken with extreme seriousness. We are in the process of conducting an internal investigation to determine if there were any missteps. It is of paramount importance to us that we ensure the highest levels of customer service. Should you have not received that level of service, we will work with you to resolve this matter amicably. A Senior Director has been assigned to this case. Once again, we offer you our sincerest apologies, and are looking forward to settling this complaint.

Richard Wecker Toms River, NJ

I haven't had any repairs needed yet but they gave me a good deal on coverage

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Richard, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Ali Nahangi Ladera Ranch, CA

They meet my expectation. They respond very well. Their follow up

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Ali, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

joe harrison Brooklyn, NY

This company was very professional, on time, and helped me when my HVAC system went out. definitely recommend!

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Joe, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time

Karen Doherty Hebron, KY

I haven't had to use the service yet but Roy was very helpful and knowledgeable to set up my Warranty

Reply from First Premier Home Warranty

Karen, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.