2-10 Home Buyers Warranty (2-10 HBW) has been in business since 1980. The company has protected over 5.8 million new and pre-owned homes. With robust coverage, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has been protecting homeowners for more than 38 years from unexpected breakdowns. Its home warranties protect the most critical systems and appliances that are used every day. 2-10 HBW also has insurance-backed structural warranties for new construction. Pricing information is not listed online and a service fee is required for all contractor visits.

#1 Landmark Home Warranty chevron_right
#2 Choice Home Warranty chevron_right
3.3
#3 First American Home Warranty chevron_right
3.4

The Good

• 24/7 customer service
  • Extensive Experience
  • Contact Contractors Directly

24/7 Customer Service

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty provides 24/7 service to its customers. If one of your home appliances or systems breaks down after hours or on the weekends, you don't need to worry about scheduling service for a later time. Homeowners may submit a service request 24/7 online. A service contractor will be dispatched who will schedule a time, Monday through Friday during normal business hours, to diagnose and repair the eligible system or appliance.

Extensive Experience

In business for over 38 years, 2-10 HBW has provided warranty coverage in over 5.8 million homes. You can rest assured that the company's processes are fine-tuned and easy to follow. The company uses local, independent service contractors. To ensure the service contractors are meeting 2-10 HBW’s service expectations, 2-10 HBW uses a third-party satisfaction survey tool and surveys every homeowner who provides an email address after a service request.

Contact Contractors Directly

Some home warranty companies prevent customers from calling the approved contractors directly. 2-10 HBW allows its customers to contact the contractors directly to expedite the process. If you are looking for a quick turnaround time, this is a nice feature to have.

The Bad

• Plans not available in every state
  • Service fee required

Plans Not Available In Every State

2-10 HBW does not provide service for every state. States serviced are as follows: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, & Utah.

Service Fee Required

Although a few home warranty companies do not charge a service fee, most do. 2-10 HBW's service fee starts at $70 but can go up to $100, depending on the type of coverage you have. Regardless, if you are hoping to avoid extra costs, this is something to factor into your decision.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty provides systems and appliances service agreements. You may appreciate having customer service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Another great feature is that the company has over three decades of experience; however, a service fee is required and plans are not available in every state. 2-10 HBW services 31 states, so double-check to ensure you are within its service area.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

2.3

Anderson Lamar Bailey
September 11th, 2019 Tucker, GA DETAILS

Well I will try to keep it simple, by far this is the worst warranty company I've ever had. I have a $3,000 LG fridge that's only three years old, the compressor went out and that lead me to call the warranty company since the house was purchased with it. They sent out a tech the next day and the first thing to come out of his mouth was do you have the $100 dollar deductible . Once I gave him the check he proceeded to look at my fridge , I mean literally he just looked at the thing and said I need a new fridge. So the company decided to send another tech a week later who at least took a look at the compressor and stated yea the compressor is bad. He then stated it would take another two weeks before the part would arrive once it was ordered. Please keep in mind that were going into week three without a fridge and still were having to call the warranty company 2-10 and the contractors they contracted the job out to and we were constantly getting two separate stories about this part, so it went from one part to now three that needed to be ordered. After going into week four my wife and I were totally over it and decided to just go buy a new one and be done. We ended up reaching out to LG and they said the fridge was still covered under warranty and they would send out a tech. to repair it. Not only were they on time but the guy actually fix the fridge . 2- 10 gave me an appointment between 1 and 5 so my whole day was shot as the tech arrived almost two hours late . If I could give this company a rating it would be ZERO !! And I warn all potential customers to read this it will save you time and money . This company honestly should not be allowed to practice in the U.S at all. Horrible , Horrible Horrible. and so was the Sub contractors from Fix my appliances. Honestly one star is being Nice, I was trying to give them zero stars.

Jessica Warrick
September 10th, 2019 Dayton, OH DETAILS

Absolutely absurd process to get anything accomplished. We originally put the claim in for our AC unit on June 3rd. It wasn't fixed until SEPTEMBER 3rd! They set us up with Dawson AC initially who didn't return our phone calls and basically took our $100 deductible and walked away. After MANY phone calls, 5-6 different staff persons, hoops to jump through and waiting periods we were finally assigned a new service technician, Americool. This technician was at least reliable - however after inspecting the unit and putting in the order, 2-10 ordered the wrong replacement part and set us back another 3 weeks waiting for the correct part to be delivered. When I called 2 weeks after the order for the new part being put in, someone in purchasing apologized to me, stating that they never even ordered the new part and that the order had just been sitting there with no attention for 2 weeks. Throughout the whole process nothing was mentioned to me about temporary cooling options or refunds until LATE AUGUST when, during probably my 10th phone call to check on the progress of the claim, I asked to speak to a manager who explained to me that the only kind of service recovery they are able to do is refund you if you buy your own temporary cooling system (like a fan or a window unit) - which we had already purchased but didn't keep the receipt because we were unaware of this policy. So we purchased another window unit since they estimated it was going to take another 3 weeks to get the part in and emailed the receipt for that unit to the manager I spoke to, Jonathan Rael, who confirmed that he had sent the receipt to accounting for the refund to be processed. The part came in, the service tech installed it and we are up and running. However, 2 weeks after speaking to the manager, I had not received the refund check he promised me for the temporary cooling unit. I called again and spoke to another staff at 2-10 in purchasing who said Jonathan hadn't submitted the receipt until September 6th which means we potentially won't get the refund for that window until potentially Friday, September 20. Our AC was not usable for LITERALLY 3 months, THE ENTIRE SUMMER IN OHIO, and if it hadn't been for my incessant phone calls and pestering, I fully believe it would have been longer. I got many different answers from many different staff persons when I asked about processes and waiting time windows and it was never the same response twice. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY TO WORK ON YOUR BEHALF - IF YOU WANT THEM TO GET ANYTHING ACCOMPLISHED, ASK FOR TIME WINDOWS AND FOLLOW UP ON THEM YOURSELF. COMPLETELY UNORGANIZED AND UNRELIABLE SERVICE FROM 2-10. WOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO FRIENDS/FAMILY.

Tanisha
September 9th, 2019 Jacksonville, NC DETAILS

Our AC unit started to cut on and off randomly. We called 2-10 and they sent out a contractor. The contractor advised that there was a toggle switch/safety switch in the drip pan that causes our AC to cut off every time it fills up with water. He drained the drip pan and unclogged the pipes. He collected his service fee of $125 and left. Everything was fine until one week later the same issue occurred. Called 2-10 again, 2-10 called the same contractor to come out for a recall. The contractor advised it was the same issue. **FIRST RED FLAG: Filter Butler repaired the issue again but then proceeded to ask for the service fee of $125, after 2-10 advised us that there will be NO service fee if the same repair is needed. I had to call 2-10 while the contractor was at my house to explain how their lack of communication between each other caused unnecessary confusion. Another week passes and I noticed a leak in my ceiling, which I assume was from my AC unit, and sure enough, it was. That “toggle switch/ safety switch” was no longer working causing a leakage which caused water damage into my ceiling. **SECOND RED FLAG: That toggle switch/safety switch (keeping the drip pan from overflowing) was working fine until the contractor came out that second time advising “he fixed the issue.” Now we have water damage. This time I called the contractor directly and after further review, they decided that my AC unit was improperly installed. **My service agreement states this: “ …Modifications up to $250 per Service Agreement. Haul away/disposal fees. Items under manufacturer's warranty. Improper installation/repair/modification.” We reached out to corporate via email and they stated this: I understand that based on your current warranty you do have coverage for improper install, improper repair and/or improper modifications however we only provide coverage for those 3 when necessary to effect an eligible repair. **FINAL RED FLAG: NOWHERE in the service agreement did it state anything specific on what is considered an eligible repair or what qualifies as a covered improper install or modification. The vagueness and lack of specificity in this agreement seems intentional. The impact on the customer and the business relationship was not considered. NO ONE at 2-10 was able to assist with our issue. It was unsettling that no further attempts apart from simple explanations was made to reconcile the issue. We dread the fact that we renewed our warranty for another year spending close to $700, FOR NOTHING. We have been dealing with this issue for FIVE weeks now. And we are still left high and dry to find a company to fix our issue for a reasonable price.

Danny Neal
September 9th, 2019 Tyler, TX DETAILS

Filed a claim for ac repair in June. Claim was denied. Got 2nd opinion and claim was approved. Then they delayed payment and delayed payment. They never called me, I always had to call them. Finally, they denied claim. Avoid this company at all costs. They are not an honest company. They only know delay and deny. They definitely do not care for their customers.

ann
September 3rd, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

This company does not answer their phones and a message came on saying they were unexpectedly closed ???????? This is 11 am Auroro Co/ Corporate office.. Their contractor came out on Weds for a request from the prev Friday. He was nice but gave me no invoice or info and I have no idea whats going on with my appliance request. He said it might take a couple of weeks to get parts if they are available. I cannot do everything online. Will not use this company to renew. Parts might not even be available. How many weeks am I supposed to be without my oven. Very poor business practices.

Issiaka
August 30th, 2019 Culpeper, VA DETAILS

I contacted 2-10 about a leak issue on Friday, but someone came on Thursday, so you better not have a big issue. And the service fee ($189) is outrageous.

Patricia Skousen
August 21st, 2019 Dacula, GA DETAILS

Absolutely the worst company ever. CANCEL YOUR CONTRACT. MINUS ZERO STARS. This company has no customer service (if you can outwait the hold times of an hour it more to even get to speak to a person). You WILL be transferred at least twice—with additional wait times. You will be disappointed to learn that you have faithfully paid for this peace of mind and will instead find out you have been ripped off. I paid extra for septic service coverage, had a problem that involved a service call, and was upset to learn that they will pay $250 of my $2,000 repair AND will deduct the $75 fee from that!!! I won’t bore you with the details, but like air conditioning, I could not wait for septic repair and the message on their phone said they were closed for the day due to unforeseen circumstances, advised me to go ahead and contract for service and then submit the bill to Claims Management, so I called a well-known, reputable company who came out, expertly fixed the problem, and presented me with a $2,000 bill, properly itemized. After speaking to Claims Management, I learned that the most they would have paid was $500!!! Really?!? But I am getting $250 minus $75. Why has no one initiated a class action suit against these charlatans?

Joanna Magee
August 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Our HVAC is out in early August with a toddler in the house. This has been admittedly a stressful time. 2-10 home warranty has only added to the stress. Starting from the first phone call-repeatedly cutting out, asking for a call back and not receiving one. I finally got through to someone clear and was advised would hear back within four hours with a contractor. 21 hours go by with no contact. I call in and someone tells me this was misinformation there is no four hour window and they are unable to give me a timeframe on establishing a contractor at this point. No time frame at all from a few hours to weeks. I asked to speak with someone in dispatch or a supervisor and told this wasn’t possible and there was no way to know how long my claim would take to process. This is a useless home warranty system that makes it so difficult to access to services that you end up just going out on your own to pay for the repairs rather than await their incredibly slow and opaque service process. Seems more of a scheme to take your money and then make it so difficult to access the help you never actually use your home warranty. Win win for the company huh. Stay away!!

Jacqueline Liger
August 6th, 2019 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

I have been a homeowner since 2 months and this service has not been positive for me. We had several issues and it's very difficult to get hold of someone (wait time is close to 60 minutes), the claim status on their website is not updated, there is no follow up as of what the next step is once the claim is filed and phone support staff are not the most cordial. So far i would not recommend this at all.

Irina Elcheva
August 6th, 2019 Hummelstown, PA DETAILS

We have 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty (HBW) for about four years since we bought our first house. The water heater broke several months after we moved in, and was replaced by the company quite quickly. The contractor mentioned that the company covered everything, though a part of the problem was not under the warranty. Then our AC system has been broken three times each year and was fixed by the contractor until it could not be fixed anymore. The contractor requested the replacement. We waited for about 3 weeks until the new system was installed. 2-10 is a GOOD company, but it could be better if the speed of service is improved. They do replace broken equipment and they do care for their customers. I wish that company management takes negative reviews seriously and takes steps towards service optimization. Ultimately, the negative reviews will affect 2-10 HBW reputation and profits.

FR
August 6th, 2019 Duluth, GA DETAILS

Have sewage leakage for about 2 weeks now. 2-10 has had to contact 3 different plumbers, no one shows up or can fix the problem. 2-10 doesn't cover the required repairs. Last plumbers moved the sewage problem from toilet to our kitchen sink!!! And they refuse to fix their problem! Enraged and frustrated. Now have a worse sewage problem and still no resolution. Thanks 2-10 you, aren't there when we need you!!

Denise
August 5th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS

Terrible! Biggest waste of money. HVAC system needed to be replaced. Because I went out of network (no ever had ever heard of the in network company) they offered me $1869.28 for the entire system including installation. Took over a month to get reimbursed and then only after I was put on hold twice, the first time for 1 hour. And the second time for 1 hour 14 minutes. Their agent basically lied that she had spoken to the company that did the work and that’s what they based their offer on. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! They are a ripoff. BTW does anyone know where you can buy a HVAC system and have it installed for $1869.28? If

Charlie
August 5th, 2019 College Park, MD DETAILS

As expected! The biggest waste of money. Reported a broken refrigerator on 7/21/2019. Today is 8/2/2019 and I still have no functioning refrigerator. They said the claim was closed. Then it was in a different department. Nightmare.

Raymond Miller
July 29th, 2019 Sykesville, MD DETAILS

I’ve had a home warranty through 2-10 for years. My A/C went out on a 97 degree day and was expecting the next 2 weeks to be near or over 100 degrees. I called In that we have no a/c and have a 4 month old in the house. They gave us a company that would call within 24 hours. We didn’t get a call so I called them. Was told nobody could come out for 3 weeks. I called back to 2-10 and they told me to “go out of network”. In other words find someone that can come out. I did and we needed a new unit. I sent in everything they asked for and I was told it was sent to Ryan in the escalation department. I left several messages for Ryan because days had gone by and nobody called. I receive a call 5 days later from Ronald who originally took my call and he said “go ahead out of network”. I have this on voicemail. I again left another 7 messages with Ryan to confirm but still never heard back. Because if the heat I had to have the work done. After the work was done and a total on 12 days had gone by I get a call from Ryan saying the will only cover less then 30% of my total bill because i went out of network. If I would have had someone in network do it my cost would have been $75. Now I’m stuck paying an additional $3800 because they don’t have the contractors to help people. This will be going to court. Don’t use 2-10. Horrible experience.

Gerry Ward
July 26th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

Customer Service is very bad. You will never be called back on kept informed (even on the website) with the status of your claim. In speaking with Sheila I was told that my claim would be covered. Charlie in Claims Management approved. After they dispatched and plumbing company couldn't fix the issue, Jessica contacted me after weeks of hearing nothing and told me to go outside their network as they couldn't find anyone to fix my problem (plumbing/sewer issue, but electrical in nature). I did this and eventually it was fixed but although they told me they would cover the problem, in the end Alex contacted me and told me they wouldn't cover it because it was a faulty grinder pump (which is excluded). But the grinder pump never was the issue. It works fine. I was lied to from the beginning of my claim and in the end, I paid over $700 out of pocket even though I was told originally that 2-10 would cover this. Amazing they are still in business. As soon as my contract is up this year I'll dump them and never again. Suggest you look elsewhere for a good Home Warranty plan.

Angry Homeowner
July 25th, 2019 Columbus, GA DETAILS

My A/C went out on 6/30. The contractor was sent on 7/2 and ordered a new evaporator coil. I received an email from 2-10 saying it would be in on 7/13. On 7/18 they said it was delivered on 7/16. Then 2-10 said there was a shipping error and the manufacturer sent it to them by mistake instead of to the contractor, but they would call the contractor to see if they could get it for the same cost. They never called the contractor. It's been 22 days since it was ordered. I've finally given up and decided to pay an independent contractor $1000 to install a new one tomorrow since the part is located about 3 miles from my house. One company wanted $2200 to install a $378 part. Every time I've called 2-10 I speak to a different person and they are all clueless. It's 86F in my house during the day and 84F at night. I've had to spend $100 on the deductible to have freon put in on 7/2 that lasted 10 days then another $100 on fans just to get some relief. Don't count on 2-10 to contact you. They supposedly had my part for 2 days before I called to check on it and they didn't update me or the contractor. Nonsense. I really can't understand how they are still in business.

Not Helpful with Hot Home
July 10th, 2019 Odenville, AL DETAILS

Horrible Customer Service. AC issues for over a month. ALWAYS given the run around on reasons why. I made four different phone calls during them month after problem was diagnosed to check status. Excuses such as more info needed, parts have been ordered but not arrived, still waiting on part. Then, excuse was that parts were never ordered and that I was lied to during previous phone calls. I asked for names of each person I spoke with and was told that they were only allowed to give me first names. I was told that parts would be requested to be purchased again and it could be another 3-5 days before parts were available. I asked to speak to a manager and was told they were to busy. I then asked to speak to someone in purchasing to verify that parts were actually being ordered this time (since I was told I was lied to previously) and was also told they were to busy. I requested a phone call from a manager first thing by tomorrow or I would be contacting the better business bureau. We will see what tomorrow brings!

Scott
July 8th, 2019 Akron, OH

The warranty company sent Weiss plumbing to our house when our main line backed up in the basement and the plumber sent a large diameter auger into the pipe and told us they went 150 feet out. Shortly after we had the city come and run a camera and they found a full block at 47 feet. We had another back up and they sent another plumbing company out who ran a smaller diameter auger through our main line because according the them, as well as the city workers who ran the camera, a large diameter auger has a high risk if busting clay pipe. The city workers and second plumbing company also stated that there's no way the first company went 150 feet without attaching another auger cable, which they did not. The second plumbing company was sent out for a third time when we experienced a severe backup to assess what the problem was and whether Weiss plumbing had damaged our main line and it turned into a fiasco of contradictions which they're now saying were never recorded into the logs regarding our account. The warranty company s clearly trying to avoid the onus of responsibility regarding the fact that they sent Weiss plumbing initially and then they did not follow through with a proper assessment on the third occasion of having a plumber come out, which they said they would do. They had even told us to order any plumber of our choice for the third occasion, which we did, RotoRooter, and then they changed their story when we had Roto Rooter in our driveway and ended up sending the second plumbing company back again and refused the camera assessment they said they would then cover with Roto Rooter. We've been waiting for over a month to hear back regarding the "assessment" and when i just spoke to them regarding it i was spun in circles and completely ignored regarding the points i was making. It definitely seems as though the warranty company is more focused on covering their own butts as opposed to fullfilling their obligations and the obligations which they specifically told us they were going to fullfill with regard to the assessment on the third occasion. Very pathetic business ethic!!

Hot in Georgia
July 8th, 2019 Midland, GA DETAILS

For the simple things they are pretty quick(ceiling fans, kitchen appliances). Don’t think that you are going to get quick service with your HVAC system if it breaks. They were quick to send a contractor in one day. Contractor sent in work sheet for what needed to be replaced the next day. Eleven days later I still have no HVAC in July in Georgia. 2-10 says the part was ordered on 6/24 by them but will not be delivered until 7/3. Do your research before you purchase home warranty. You will only get to talk to sales people and they don’t like you asking questions.

Kimberly Moss
July 3rd, 2019 Columbia, SC DETAILS

My daughter has a contract with your company and reported to you on May 18 that her air conditioner is out. This is Columbia, SC and tomorrow it’s supposed to be 102. When are you going to fix it? Three contractors have come out to look at it and you are giving them the run around. She has had to throw things out of the pantry because of the heat. She is literally living in her bedroom. Why is she paying a monthly premium on a warranty? I pray that your company will get on track. Your reputation is at stake.

Corrine
July 1st, 2019 Knoxville, TN DETAILS

Late on a Saturday morning, we started to smell a strong electrical burning odor coming from the air ducts. Was our first phone call to the fire department? NO! The first phone call made was to 2-10 Home Buyer Warranty to make sure our claim would be covered. We opted to use our own local reputable HVAC company (researched and highly recommended). We paid the after-hours service fee because I was afraid the house was going to burn down. The bill came to $700 (diagnostic service + part and repair). 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty would only reimburse us $115. 2-10's reimbursement didn't even cover the replacement part. I escalated the issue without success. 2-10 gives new homeowners a false sense of security that everything will be taken care of when you buy your new home. It isn't until you file a claim that you learn the truth. I am very skeptical about the quality of their "in-network" service providers. Many reviewers have reported incompetent service contractors and lengthy wait time for repairs. That's what happens when you hire the lowest bidder. I would not recommend 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty to anyone. If you are a home seller, don’t waste your money on a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. If you are a buyer, be forewarned. We’ve had other claims denied as “pre-existing conditions.” I DO NOT RECOMMEND 2-10 HOME BUYERS WARRANTY.

Wendy
June 26th, 2019 Mooresville, NC DETAILS

If I could give this company a negative stars I would. This company will gladly take your money Each year but when you need them good luck getting in touch with them. They sent a license and insured company to come fix our oven this company proceeded to break our oven and since they only have liability insurance will not replace it. The home warranty company says they wipe their hands of it there’s nothing that they can do. Completely unacceptable!!!? We cannot get anybody to call us back to work this out they’re blaming the contractor the contractor is blaming Warranty company and now we are out the money we paid for the warranty plus a $4000 oven!! Terrible company do not use them!!!!!!

Radio Silent
June 24th, 2019 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

Horrible customer service! 2-10 Home Buyers will gladly take your money when things are good, but go radio silent when you actually need them. We've had a premium policy for more than 15 years. When the A/C broke, they sent out an incompetent technician to replace the compressor. He failed to change the line filter, so the compressor died, and the coils are leaking freon. 2-10 then sent out two (2) more technicians, who both advised that we needed the A/C unit replaced. Since we have a replacement policy, we weren't worried, but we should have been. Now that 2-10 is responsible to replace the A/C, they stopped returning calls. They have disappeared leaving us suffering in the heat. The temperatures here are soaring. According to all the local weather stations 90 degrees feels like 107. Save your money. You are paying for peace of mind, but what you are actually paying for is company profits.

Tom
June 20th, 2019 St Louis, MO DETAILS

We recently purchased a home and the contract required the seller to purchase a 1 year home warranty. Unfortunately, they chose to use 2-10 as the warranty company. Shortly after move in, we turned on the window air conditioner (the home is older and has central air upstairs and window ac downstairs). The unit seemed fine at first but, within a couple of days it became clear that the unit was not cooling sufficiently. After a few more days, I contacted 2-10 and submitted a claim. During this conversation they asked how long the issue had been going on and I replied that it had been about a week. Later after the technician reported the actual issue and recommended replacement of the unit, 2-10 denied the claim saying that my comment of "about a week" translated to the day the contract went into effect and, therefore, the issue existed before the contract went into place. I called and tried to clarify but, nothing I said about the actual timeline would change their decision. They passed judgement based on what I thought was a casual question and response during the initial conversation. The truth was unimportant. Avoid this company and get your coverage elsewhere.

J Stevens
June 18th, 2019 Southport, NC DETAILS

We've had problems with the air conditioner/heat pump since we bought the house last year, May 2018. Each time we got the run around about what was wrong with it. Both my husband and I have health issues - Air conditioner stopped working completely 5/30 had to wait a week for a service technician! They didn't contact the contractor to notify when parts would be in or if they were ordered. 6/17/19 We just spent an hour on the phone to find out we have to wait another week to find anything out. Our house was built in 2007, so getting a new coil shouldn't take weeks to get. After this is taken care of we will be cancelling the warranty on both houses. Buyers beware!

ZA
June 17th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

Called in with a/c out and asked for it to be expedited since are are under 110 degree weather. They said unless the state declares a state of emergency they don’t care. Two young kids with a house that should hit 110 which is very dangerous and they don’t care. Avoid them

Desiree Ahrens
June 13th, 2019 Hampton, VA DETAILS

my A.C. unit was out for almost 2 months, during this time we went through 2 compressors and were waiting for the third when i could not take the ridiculousness any longer and i purchased my own A.C. unit. i live in virginia and during those 2 months no one cared to expedite or bother themselves at 210 to consider that an emergency in virginia's summer temperatures my house was a constant 84 degrees for the 2 months straight with humidity of well over 76% every day well now i have mold growing in my bathroom from this experience (there was no mold before we just bought this house 6 months ago) and guess what 210 WILL NOT cover mold because of this issue apparently its in the service agreement which is convenient for them to take their sweet sweet time fixing major issues like an A.C. unit so now it seems as though i have to pay for this mold out of my own pocket! do not get a warranty from 210 they do not care about any of the people they "take care of" you are just a dollar sign. I will never ever ever renew my agreement once it is over, they have lost this homeowners money.

Ted Mello
June 7th, 2019 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

If you have an expensive item to be replaced then don't expect it to be replaced quickly. 2-10 will have to source the part and then send it to the vendor for installation. Minimum time is 5 days just to get through their process. Then the part eventually comes in and is installed. If you have an A/C system or water heater that can be critical to the operation of the house you will have to learn to live without these items until they are installed. They will offer a cash buyout for much less than the value of he job. Be careful if you ask about this option, they may stop your order and "wait for you to contact them" about a decision. Further delay on any repair. Yes they are pretty poor with service. The service rep was "amazed" that my order for a part was processed in 3 days, that is really fast for them but then getting the parts takes another 10 days. They simply have a terrible system in place but like all insurance companies, deny and delay so you can avoid paying out claims.

Ryan Sanders
June 4th, 2019 Lexington, SC DETAILS

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. My Air-conditioning went out on the hottest week of the year as of yet. I called these people to get it fixed at first it was super easy the contractor guy came out the next day took a look at it and told me what was wrong and they would write it all up and 210 homebuyers warranty would take care of it and that they were ready to go at anytime. Except 210 calls me and tries to now say they don't trust the contractor and want to send out another contractor. fast forward 1 week and my house is 100 degrees and no one from anywhere has called me. I have called the multiple contractors that are supposed to come and fix it per their emails. The AC places that I have called have told me that they do not have the work order to come out to my house or it seems they do not exist in actuality. DO NOT EVER PURCHACE A WARRANTY FROM THESE PEOPLE THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO TREAT PEOPLE OR RUN A BUSINESS. How is it my fault that 210 doesn't trust what seemed to me to be very honest contractors and now they are trying to yank me around on my ac and it is over 100 degrees daily where I live. I am very dissatisfied customer

Beth Dollar
June 4th, 2019 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

We have owned four homes and have used several different home warranty companies. This has been our only terrible experience with one. I believe that 2-10's method of operation is to string their customers along until they give up on having a work order completed, and then just providing a piddly buyout. We are on week 3 of our AC being broken. We live in FL and it's 100 degrees outside. We jumped through all the necessary hoops in order to have the repair done. 2-10 ordered the coil that we needed and we were put on the schedule for a local HVAC company to come out yesterday and do the repair. On yesterday morning, I received a call saying that the work order had been canceled because our coil had been restocked. I was told that this was a "paperwork glitch" and that we would need to start our entire process over. This was after living for 2 weeks in blazing heat with no AC. To say I was upset would be an understatement. On top of this, I was told that someone would be calling me back that day to keep me updated on the situation. No one called me back, and when I called, I was put on hold for an hour before I finally hung up. The coil that we need to repair our AC is a $1200 part. If we do the buyout for that part, 2-10 is only going to give us $200. Also, I was told by the HVAC company that they had contracted to do our work, that 2-10 had done this EXACT same thing to another family just the day before they did it to us. These people are crooks. There is no good reason to buy a warranty from them when there are so many other reputable ones. Don't give them your business. You won't get anything from them.

Horace
May 30th, 2019 Stafford, VA DETAILS

On 30 April 2019, I submitted a claim to 210 Home Buyers Warranty Company because the blower motor disintegrated in my Trane HVAC System. The service provider was contacted by 210 HBW and he was dispatched to my home. On 1 May 2019, the service provider came to my residence and stated that a new blower motor needs to be ordered by 210. 210 called and left a message on 2 May 2019 indicating that the blower motor had been ordered. I contacted 210 on Monday, 13 May to see if the part had arrived since it was well past 3-5 business days. The customer service representative indicated that they had attempted to contact the service provider via e-mail because 210 needed more information on the Trane HVAC (e.g. model and serial number). I told her that this was unacceptable and it has been over 2 weeks. Then, I was transferred to the purchasing department and was put on hold while the purchasing department contacted the service provider. It is now Friday, 17 May 2019, and on yesterday, we had to go to Home Depot to purchase a portable AC unit because the temps are going to increase into the 90's over the next several days. Earlier this morning we I contacted 210 HBW, they indicated that they required more information from the service provider. This is a poor business practice and the customer is totally inconvenience because of miscommunications, etc. Each month, we ensure that 210 HBW Bill is paid on time. So, it is totally ridiculous for this to occur.

Julie O Burns
May 30th, 2019 Ardmore, TN DETAILS

The worst service ever. Sends out shady contractors refuses claims . Try your home owners insurance. Some offer warranties

Renee
May 30th, 2019 Marietta, GA DETAILS

Save your time and money and pick another company. I have been a customer for over two years. Last summer the upstairs ac went out and it took 4.5 weeks and three companies to get it working. Guess what? Same ac has been out for over a week and I’m told today they had to order parts but didn’t know when the parts would be in. This company is a joke. I will not renew my agreement next year. Be wise and select another company!

William Leeco
May 30th, 2019 Kernersville, NC DETAILS

Do yourself a favor go to a differnt company. Almost 4 months without a refrigerator when they finally decide to replace it they give me several hundred dollars less then the fridge is worth or their poorly rated one. I know it may be petty but its a French door style and the replacement would be side by side because its cheaper. Purchasing department is rude and told me "at least this one will keep stuff cold what more do you want"

Jan
May 30th, 2019 Fairfax, VA DETAILS

Terrible home qarranty company. Another issue with this home warranty I was told by their representative that the compressor for my fridge was ordered and it would take 3-5 days to come in. After over a week, i called today and was told that their company would not be able to do anything about my fridge since it was under manufacturer warranty. I asked their rep if i needed to call the manufacturer but was told that the part was already ordered over a week ago -- now i need to contact manufacturer?

Glen
May 22nd, 2019 Fuquay-Varina, NC DETAILS

Garbage. Have a warranty where a garage spring is specifically covered. The garage spring broke and they denied the claim stating "there must have been a pre-existing condition". Do not use this company.

Bonita
May 22nd, 2019 Ft. Washington, MD DETAILS

Do not use this company. They took two months to fix my HVAC system and this was for replacing coils. Every time I called for a status, they needed to verify part numbers and my unit manufacturer. This happened several times and the original information from the contractor was accurate. I literally had to call them every other day to ensure the claim was moving forward. They said they would expedite, but did not. I have spent at least two hours with them on the phone. The parts are still not in. And it is 85 degrees in my house.

Frank Wimmer
May 21st, 2019 Wilmington, NC DETAILS

Absolute worst company ever. Our air conditioner completely ceased to function. We contacted 2-10 to report the problem. We were told it would be 2 weeks before their contractor could make it out to see us. After a few days, our upstairs temperature reached over 90 degrees, we simply couldn’t wait any longer. We contacted a reputable HVAC company in the area and they were out 2 days later. After finding a hole in the condenser coil of the 12-year-old unit, we agreed to replace it. After a prolonged call to 2-10 and the HVAC contractor, we were told they would call back in an hour to let us know how much of the cost they’d cover. Of course, that call never came. Three days later, after still never hearing from the, we called back. At that point, we were told they’d pay $800 of the roughly $8K replacement of the AC and associated 30-year-old furnace. They said this was because they could repair it instead of replace it. Fascinating, considering they’d never even had anyone out to look at the system. Do yourself a favor and get your home insurance from anyone but these crooks at 2-10.

Wendy Maliakel
May 17th, 2019 Landenberg, PA DETAILS

We have had the worst experience with this company. We closed on our new home and this insurance was provided by the sellers in the closing costs. As soon as we moved in, we noticed that the hot water in just the kitchen wasn't consistent. I called and arranged a diagnosis. The technician came, provided a diagnosis, and then they denied our claim saying that we noticed it one day before our policy started...a day we didn't even yet have keys to the house. They provided us with no recourse whatsoever to dispute it, and of course we still had to pay the technician the fee without getting ANY information about the exact diagnosis! Moreover, they didn't even contact me to tell me about it. I had to chase them, and I was on the phone for ages. I will never buy this policy again!

Gans
May 14th, 2019 Chantilly, VA DETAILS

The worst warranty ever in the history of providing warranty. These guys are looting money with no service. My counter top down raft is not working for a year and these guys are giving story after story , sending technicians after technicians and when I call the 210- warranty , they say they have not received the diagnosis from the technician and when I call the technician, they say they have sent the diagnosis to 210-Warranty. This is ridiculous and if you plan to buy any warranty from these guys please think twice before you invest your time and money.

Frank
May 13th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Bought a structured warranty, when got roof leak . Call them they say roof is not a structural of the house , so not cover . They just want take the money .

el
May 9th, 2019 Jarrell, TX DETAILS

bad, bad bad, horrible experience. RUN AWAY AS FAR AS U CAN FROM THIS COMPANY...READ ALL the reviews in every site, they are taking all your money but when u need them , no one will call u and if ever u get them on the phone they are rude and don't care if youre in a hot home bc your ac is broken or your water is coing out from the washer or any other issues. I wish I read the review before I took the services. they are horrible. what it makes worst is the manager in OHIO named Britney is horrible,rude and worst customer service. she need a good training or go back to school to get a course in management!

Adriene
May 8th, 2019 Maylene, AL DETAILS

I submitted a request on April 25th for the upstairs AC going out. Today is May 7th and we have yet to have it fixed. I have been given the run around so many times by both customer service agents and a supervisor who clearly did not want to take the call as the only way I was able to speak with him is because I refused to hang up. I live in Alabama..it is May...it is EXTREMELY insanely hot and sleeping without air has been a nightmare for me and my kids. I am highly upset with the service or lack there of that I have received. They ordered the wrong part and it took 3-5 days to figure that out only for them to tell me yet again I have to wait 3-5 for the new part that I found out is LOCAL it does not even have to be shipped from anywhere. I even offered to drive an pick the part up myself but according to them they have a "process" they have to follow in order to save the company money. CRAPY CRAPY Service!!!

George Tronsrue
April 25th, 2019 Gallatin, TN DETAILS

This company is terrible and we certainly won’t renew our subscription. Reported a non function AC 10 days ago and we have the platinum policy w the AC option. It’s a simple compressor issue and covered under my policy. Something that can be ordered locally and resolved within 24 hours. Both the contractor they dispatched to and I have called on this multiple times. We live Nashville and it’s hot. Our house is on the market (with a non functioning AC system and my office is upstairs, cooled by this unit so not usable to me. Today I spent 30 minutes mostly on hold and then advised I could not escalate and they would not expedite because when I called 2 days ago, I was advised their “policy” is 5-10 business days. Hmmm ... well that wasn’t in their sale lit as I recall. The Supervisor wouldn’t even get on the phone and I was being calm and polite ... so Don’t use these guys! Keep shopping around.

yonathan
April 19th, 2019 Dayton, OH DETAILS

I am a homeowner located in Dayton, OH. I have had an incident with my heating external unit around beginning of March. I filled out a service request and they send a service provider in a day. This person suggested that he is going to request a replacement of the unit. Then, without my knowledge, they send out another maintenance person in few days who then did a second round diagnosis. That same day he requested for list of items to be bought to fix the unit. Ever since I have been calling them by the week and lately every day for a status check. what they say is they need more info from the second company. When I cross check with the servicing company, they inform me all information is submitted to 2-10 with the list of items and price breakdown. 2-10 is saying the price breakdown is not complete and can not give go-ahead for the service. Yesterday, they said they will be sending out a new company to re-diagnose the unit. I did a follow up today and they said, the request may not be filled before Monday (as today is Thursday) hence I shall wait. This is such a ridiculous service and getting me frustrated. It is not my first year with 2-10 and for the annual coverage renewal, they have been bugging me too much to continue my customership. Didn't know that 2-10 is a company making money of off a lip service. It is such a terrible company and I do not recommend anyone to pick them for any coverage.

K
April 19th, 2019 Moseley, VA

When you do your 11 month inspection on a new house you fill out a form to let them know all the deficiencies then they decide if the contractor is liable to repair it or not this company totally sucks I would never use them again and I would never recommend no I don't even want to get started on all their BS! Items that are clearly the builders fault will come back saying the builder is not responsible.

Diana Jones
April 16th, 2019 Upatoi, GA DETAILS

They get no stars poor service. They made me put one. I lied I didn't have to put one star there. My family has been without a refrigerator for 2 1/2 month with no replacement one was offered. 3 different companies couldnt fix it. Monday I'm going to my attorney. This is bs. Don't get this company get another one... You will sleep better. They take your money and their service is God awful...

Adam Guidry
April 11th, 2019 Marrero, LA DETAILS

Don’t buy this warranty. My ac went out in my newly purchased home in 3.5 years. Filled out warranty claim and technician came out and found both sets of coils leaking stating he had to give them numbers to repair. Well two days later after I submitted a request to see what what the holdup I received a call from 2 10 warranty saying they won’t cover the ac cause it still should be under manufacture warranty. So all the stuff they claim to cover they won’t, you will just get the run around. Its a nightmare. I’m warning all the new home owners in our neighborhood on our neighborhood Facebook page. I canceled my service

William Stanley
April 8th, 2019 Wayne, PA DETAILS

First call encounter rep with attitude. Apparently when my heater broker down at night in sub-zero weather with 4 young children and they did not answer, my call another contractor is not covered. AVOID this Company!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron
March 28th, 2019 Navarre, FL DETAILS

7 weeks and 1 day. That’s how long we’ve been without a working dishwasher. Two different appliance repair companies, four different repairmen, a total of six visits and three different parts replaced, and we have yet to have a working dishwasher. 7 weeks and counting…for a dishwasher. Not a rocket booster on a space shuttle...a dishwasher. 7 weeks. On 5 Feb 19, after running the dishwasher and having it not drain twice, we filed a claim with 2-10. Very easy process, and the very next day, we had a repair technician at our house troubleshooting. Wow, how great is this?! The “celebration” was short lived though. The tech, after not doing much, diagnosed it as a faulty pump. The part was ordered and we wait. Several days later I got a call from the repair company admin girl saying they “received the part, but it fell apart when we opened the box”. Huh? Ok. So they had to order a new part, and again we wait. 17 days after the first visit on 23 Feb 19, the same tech shows up with the new part, puts it in and says all is good. When we went to use the dishwasher that night, it would come on for about 20 seconds, then just stop. Another issue; now it basically just doesn’t work at all. I flipped the breaker, selected different wash cycles; everything I could do and it continued to just come on and then stop. I advised the tech immediately of the problem. Several days later a different tech from the same company shows up to re-troubleshoot the issue and says a different part is bad. So they have to order the part…and we wait. Several days later yet a different tech shows up to put in said different “new” part, and come find out the part is clearly used, banged up, dirty and with tool marks on it. Clearly it was taken out of another dishwasher and re-used, so we turned him and his used part away. You don’t utilize used parts in a repair in this case. Among other things, this repair company, contracted by 2-10 orders parts from some backdoor parts place that gives them parts that crumble when you open the box, or else they’re used. I called 2-10 and explained I was done with that company, and they provided me a new appliance repair company. A few days later on 9 Mar a guy from the new business shows up and decides some other part is bad, so he has to order that part. And we wait again. Several days later right around 13 Mar after a good month and change has elapsed from when I first entered the claim, I get a call from 2-10 saying the parts were going to take a long time (“drain pump and interface board”) so we would have to wait even longer. Since it was all I could do at that point, I laughed and noted to the 2-10 rep then and there we wouldn’t have a working dishwasher before two months had gone by, at least. He assured me that wouldn’t be the case (turns out I was exactly right). On 21 Mar, the same appliance tech shows up and after helping himself to almost an entire roll of our good paper towels to sop up water, pops in said new drain pump and new interface board…tests the dishwasher and after fiddling with it quite a bit and the dishwasher still pretty much acting funny and doing what it did before, assures me it works. Once again, after he leaves, the dishwasher doesn’t work and continues to come on for a few seconds and stop. I texted the tech, and told him it doesn’t work, and he responded at that point the dishwasher is beyond repair and he would let 2-10 know immediately, and they would more than likely provide a replacement and I should hear something by the next day (Friday). Today is Wednesday, 27 Mar, six calendar days and four business days after the tech put in the “can’t fix” resolution and after calling for the 3rd time this week completely fed up and threatening to lodge a complaint on the BBB by the end of the day if I didn't get something, I finally got an email with the replacement offer. This was after being told it would take 24 hrs to get a response, which then turned into 3-5 business days because their process changed. So it was going to take another two weeks after the tech made the final diagnosis to finally get the replacement/buy out offer...let alone receive any money or a replacement dishwasher??? Unreal. 2-10 says in their terms and conditions they replace with a comparable as good or better model. Our dishwasher was an $800 Bosch, 53dba, hidden push button self latching model (shx4ap05uc/05). Our replacement? A $450 GE 62dba, rotary dial, with non-hidden buttons model and old school swing latch straight out of the 1970s with horrible reviews.(GSD336KSS). The guy from the replacement dept calls immediately upon sending the email, and figuring I didn't spec the replacement already, which I did, uses some line on me, proclaiming "it's a bit of an upgrade" LOL! Right...and they know it's far from it; he just hadn't expected I already spec'd it. I asked him to try to explain how this GE is an upgrade to our Bosch, and he couldn't, obviously. He tries to tell me they don't use the dba level as a standard, although if you price dishwashers anywhere, the price jumps the lower decibels you go. Dba level is a primary standard. Based on that, I was forced to take the buy out, and all said and done with the $100 service fee, am supposed to get $306 for our $800 dishwasher. What a great deal huh? Let's do some quick math: $440 for the warranty, $100 for the service fee, and I get back $406. I'm still in the hole almost $134 and still have to go buy a new dishwasher for $550, that still isn't comparable to our old one. Had we not had this home warranty, I could have skipped the 7 weeks with no dishwasher and hassling with repair men and 2-10, replaced the dishwasher with one from Lowe's within a day, and come out exactly even. My advice is this: Do not use 2-10 Home Warranty, or you will be sorry. They are a business, and there to make money, not take care of you; it's as simple as that. They contract bottom of the barrel unskilled repair companies, but claim no responsibility for them, they DO NOT come even close to replacing with like or better items, and it takes them forever to get your claim done, which they also claim no responsibility for the time factor. If it takes a year it takes a year; makes no difference. Thank God it was only a dishwasher, and not something critical like a stove, fridge or HVAC unit. Think about that one. If you want to have a warranty, use Squaretrade to warrant specific items for dimes on the dollar. I had a 49" 4K TV go out once, and within a couple days I had an email that offered me a choice of three TVs...they were clearly as good or better than the one I had. I made my choice, the TV was delivered very quickly, and the TV is great and working to this day. We made iPhone claims with Squaretrade; again fast, great service and the phones were flawless, despite the fact they give you refurbished ones as part of their terms and conditions. We were blown away and really thought they were brand new. I can't say enough how great Sqauretrade is or how my experiences have been. Bottom line if you think you're getting some piece of mind and some easy great process with 2-10, think again. That's all your getting, is the illusion of peace of mind, security and saving money. 2-10 gets a lot of business from real estate sales. Many probably don't renew, but there's a revolving door of new customers as houses are turned over, so they don't need to make sure you're happy. But for those thinking about becoming new customers, or renewing that haven't had the pleasure of making a claim, you are far better off going to buy a replacement item yourself, or fixing it yourself...and I would venture to speculate that's what they hope for as well when you get fed up enough, and you will. Save your money and put it away for repairs or new items; you'll be glad you did. I won't be renewing with 2-10, nor would I even use them again for free...that's how painful it is dealing with them. A $440 warranty policy and paid $100 service fee bought us 7 weeks and 1 day without a dishwasher, only to get offered some bottom of the barrel $450 GE replacement or $406 cash for our $800 Bosch dishwasher. How great is this company? Don't take my word for it though...have a go with 2-10; just get ready for a lot of pain and next to nothing in compensation if you hate yourself enough to make a claim with them.