Xfinity Home is a home security solution offered by Comcast for its customers. The company offers multiple professionally monitored plans with a monthly fee ranging from $9.95 to $39.99. Higher priced plans also include the company's television and Internet service packages.

Some plans require a professional activation/installation fee starting at $100, but free installation is available on select plans. You can also opt for DIY installation. Xfinity Home includes remote system access from any mobile device, instant email/text alerts, and cellular and battery backup systems. You can find Xfinity security reviews below if you're interested in hearing what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Vivint chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• 24/7 Professional Monitoring
  • Remote System Mobile Access
  • Compatibility with Existing Equipment
  • Customizable Packages
  • Professional and Self-Installation Options
  • Video Recording Available

24/7 Professional Monitoring

Xfinity service includes a comprehensive range of offers that feature Xfinity home automation for smart home devices (such as the smart thermostat and smart light switches), energy management, remote system access, and 24/7 professional monitoring. Xfinity Home packages are also customizable, and equipment add-ons are available.

Remote System Mobile Access

Customers can customize alerts and adjust settings for home automation features using the Xfinity Home X1 entertainment system on their television or through the Xfinity Home mobile app on their smartphone. The home security systems also feature cellular and battery backup systems in case of power failure.

Compatibility with Existing Equipment

Xfinity home security systems are wireless and fully compatible with existing security equipment the customer may already have. Xfinity will work with customers to ensure their current equipment is up to date and fully integrated into Xfinity's security system. This makes it simple for homeowners to upgrade to Xfinity home security without having to put additional money down for equipment they already have. Many home security service providers require customers to purchase equipment from the company itself and don't allow equipment from other providers.

Customizable Packages

Xfinity has its primary home security package called the Xfinity Home Secure package that includes the basics of what you'll need to protect your home. The company also offers add-on equipment that you can pay for à la carte to add to your current home security package.

Xfinity Home Secure Package

• Three door or window sensors
  • Motion sensor
  • Touchscreen keypad controller
  • Wireless keypad

Add-on Equipment

• Indoor/outdoor cameras ($199.95)
  • Zen Thermostat ($199.95)
  • Outlet controller ($49.95)
  • Smoke detector ($99.95)
  • Three door or window sensors ($129.95)
  • Five door or window sensors ($199.95)
  • Motion sensor ($49.95)

Professional and Self-Installation Options

Customers can choose between professional installation or self-installation options for their security systems. This gives customers the choice to save money with a DIY installation option, which can make the overall cost of the home security system that much cheaper. This also gives customers the option to have an expert install it for them to avoid added labor and the chance of anything going wrong during the installation process. However, professional installation requires an installation fee, so take that into consideration before deciding which you'd prefer.

Video Recording Available

Xfinity security cameras have live video recording that you can add to your home security system to make it more robust. You can include 24/7 video recording to any of your Xfinity Home packages to access live footage as well as see footage from other times you may have missed. You can also hook the Xfinity security cameras up to your Xfinity X1 to view live video from your TV. Video and recording details are as follows:

Indoor + Outdoor Camera

• Night vision
  • Weather resistant
  • Professional installation or self-installation
  • Up to 10 days of saved video

The Bad

• Internet Connection Required
  • Limited Equipment Warranty
  • Early Termination Fees
  • Undisclosed Service Transfer Cost

Internet Connection Required

Xfinity security systems require customers to have an Internet connection in order for service to be activated. However, this is common with security service providers, and Internet connection makes wireless security systems convenient and easy to use.

Limited Equipment Warranty

Xfinity security plans offer a warranty for all Xfinity home security equipment, covering manufacturer defects for a period of only 30 days. The customer is responsible for all maintenance and repair costs, and the company does not publicly disclose its fees for technician visits on its corporate website.

Early Termination Fees

Many offered plans require customers to sign a two-year contract agreement. Customers may be charged an early termination fee if they do not return equipment immediately after canceling. The company reserves the right to raise pricing for its home security plans after one year of service. You can check out Xfinity security reviews below if you'd like to know if this has been an issue for past customers.

Undisclosed Service Transfer Cost

Customers are charged an undisclosed service transfer fee if they decide to move to a new residence while under contract. This also may include a reinstallation charge to set up the equipment at your new location.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Comcast Xfinity offers customers home security packages with 24/7 professional video monitoring and remote access with either professional or DIY installation options. You can add recorded video (up to 10 days of saved footage) to your alarm system for a $9.95 monthly fee where you can access footage at any time through Xfinity's app.

If you have current security equipment from another provider, Xfinity will work with you to get your old system upgraded with the latest technology and integrated into Xfinity's home security system. Xfinity's systems also feature multiple backup protection features as well as automation capabilities for smart home devices.

It's important to note that the equipment warranty is only for a period of 30 days and does not cover technician repair and maintenance costs, and you have to pay a moving fee if you are relocating the security equipment. However, this is common within the home security industry, and Xfinity does have attractive features and robust security packages for consumers looking to protect their homes with video monitoring and recording.

If you want to learn more about the home security provider and its offerings (such as value for your money, quality of product or service, customer service, company trustworthiness, etc.), check out Xfinity security reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.0

Darrin Silva

July 8th, 2020 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have had these guys for three years due to lack of options of internet and security in my area. HORRIBLE!!! Since day one my touch pad would continue to say "connecting to camera" and "failure to connect to camera". We've had technicians come out a dozen times a year and nothing changes. We're paying over a hundred dollars a month when we can't see what's going on 2/3rds of the time. Yeah, feel real safe let me tell you. Our experience has been, not exaggerating, the worst ever in a company ever dealt with. Would give a negative review if I could.

Kelsey Higgason

April 21st, 2020 Savannah, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been a customer with Xfinity for 4 years and I’ve always loved their home security bundle with the internet. It was cheaper and it made me feel slightly safer while in college. My husband and I recently bought a home this year and decided to continue these services at our new location. That was our mistake. Our technician, C. W, came out to install our home security and I was taken back when I noticed our new package only came with 3 sensors (the cost being more than our previous home with 5 sensors) along with a motion sensor (something I voiced SEVERAL times both over the phone when scheduling the appointment AND IN PERSON to the technician) that I did not want nor need as we have pets. The technician told me that it came with the package as I kept asking if it was possible to substitute or get credit for the device we would not be using. In the end, I was told that I couldn’t however after reviewing the contract it clearly states that “the buyer may be able to substitute door and window sensors and motion sensors as needed at the time of installation at the buyer’s request.” Well I called xfinity today and they told me there is nothing they can do. I’m unable to switch the device out because it’s been in my home for longer than 30 days. (It’s been 39 days) Which I get only I didn’t realize I had the ability to SUBSTITUTE my equipment out (because the technician told me that I couldn’t) until reviewing those documents today. Xfinity is very lacking in customer service and clarity. The man who serviced our home was the opposite of personable. He did not have a larger iPad or other device to show me the contract. Everything was signed for on his phone and it felt rushed. Even after signing, the page would immediately scroll down so I couldn’t read the small print. When I called to complain about the issue today, that being that I’m paying more for less devices, one of which I will never be using and frankly would like to replace as I asked before, I was told by Mark that I now own the device and there is nothing he can do. So a technician installed something I did not want nor need, lied to me and told me it was included therefore I had to have it without substitution, and as a result I have to pay $360 for this device if I want to cancel (because he installed it after I told him NOT TO) on top of the $110 early cancellation fee. They’ve officially lost my business for both homes. I would have settled for an exchange on the device but paying $360 for the motion sensor because it’s been in my house for 9 days longer than their “free-period” is ridiculous. I’ve been a loyal customer for 4 years.

Myken

March 19th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We feel safe with our Xfinity Security System. It's easy to use and puts at ease knowing we are safe when we are home or away. We do wish it were more affordable. It seems expensive but were willing to pay it for peace of mind.

Mike Ika

February 27th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Xfinity really makes it easy with all of the different services that they offer. I was skeptical at first about their home security system, but now I love it. The mobile features that I can access from my phone really help give me peace of mind when I’m away. The technicians were great when they installed all of the equipment. They were patient and polite and did a great job explaining all the features of the system.

Keisha

December 27th, 2019 Fort Wayne, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Moved from ADT to Xfinity home security. Was in the shower one day my alarm went off...false alarm that scared me. My doors and windows were secure. The internet lags and does not catch if someone leaves until after you arm again. I am trying ring alarm when this Xfinity promotion is over. Which leads to another issue. I entered into a promotion that if I cancel before the end of promotion date I have to pay an early termination fee, however, Xfinity entered into this same promotion with me setting the cost, and my bill has gone up thirty dollars since I got the promotion. Why doesn’t xfinity hold to the promotion cost? They say the sports fee (I don’t watch sports) went up. I pray another company comes in for the working people of America and makes xfinity go out of business like Redbox did to Blockbuster!!!! Xfinity does not have fair service. My price should not change if we both agree to a promotion.

Sara Smith

December 8th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had xfinity for quite some time and have not had any issues at all. When there was thought to be an issue calls were made to us and everything was squared away.

Eric Wilkinson

December 4th, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The equipment is fairly cheap. The display monitor has a hard time keeping connected to the cameras. If you need help from tech support, plan on a few hour to get through to an actual person to help you, Not very easy to work with.

AK

November 12th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just got Xfinity home security this year. I like hearing that "ding" any time a door opens or closes - I like knowing what's happening in and around my home. We only got it because it ended up being a good deal when we bundled the internet/tv/etc.

Eric Smith

November 8th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great options available and I like that we could bundle so many products with them that it helped with pricing being lowered also. Their set up was quick and easy.

Brittany Wilkinson

November 8th, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have enjoyed Xfinity Home Security. I love that I can see who is in my driveway when I am not home. I feel safer having home security and confident in my security system.

Jon Posey

November 7th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My home that I purchased came with this system and it was ok but Xfinity constantly has outages so it didn't even work half the time.

Mr Bernard

July 17th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BEWARE! Fees associated with the account that they don't tell you up front. In fact sales rep lied and said account is transferrable if you move or sell your house. Well it is.....with a fee! Their customer service sucks!

Bee Jay

June 1st, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I transferred COMCAST from one apartment to another apartment and the agent told me if I get the HOME SECURITY it would lower my bill. Like a jerk I believed the sales agent and had the service installed. The installation technician told me getting the HOME SECURITY would lower my bill. My monthly bill was $171. I called in every month to complain about how high my bill was. I decided to cancel my COMCAST service. I received a bill for terminating my service. This company SUCK. They allow their agents to get the sale by any means necessary. CROOKS!

Tony shackelford

May 31st, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had my first appointment to install the security system on 5/23. After they missed this appointment by several hours i called them and asked what happened. I was told that there was a glitch in the system and my appointment information was never sent to the installer. I was upset but rescheduled for an installation on 5/31 and was assured that they would be here promptly at 730. I called Xfinity at 1000 and was told that they could get someone there sometime. This is a completely unacceptable service. Then the person on the phone attempted to sell me on a cell phone plan when they couldn't even meet my security needs. Stick to cable and internet so far I'm completely unimpressed with everything else and will share that with everyone i know. If i could give 0 stars i would

Frank

May 4th, 2019 Estero, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had the complete bundle TV, Internet, Security and phone This is the worst company to deal with, the customers service is the worst that is when you can understand them, they promise you that they would correct the bill which is always wrong but never do, The TV service is always going out when your watching your favorite shows and when the alarm system goes off prematurely and the police are called in my county in Florida there is a $25.00 fee from the police if they answer a false alarm call. The phone and internet work fine but the charge for all the services is very high even when bundled and you are forced to sign a two year contract and when it over the cost sky rockets. Oh did I mention when the alarm system was installed which was only windows and doors sensors and one motion detector I had to give the installer a check of Three hundred dollar for the equipment which I had to return when I cancelled the service. This company has a monopoly in my area it is the only company I can deal with for most of these services and the Public Service Commission has no control over them.

Jen Paxman

February 6th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Xfinity had great coverage, accept when it was windy... and where I live, it is windy a lot. Although, I feel like it is very overpriced when compared to other companies in the area. We continued to call the company to ask if there were any promotions or anything so that we could stay, but they told us that none were available. As soon as we cancelled and switched companies, they immediately contacted us and offered us some promotional deals. It was very frustrating and felt a little dishonest. We won't use Xfinity again.

William Emrich

January 7th, 2019 Kokomo, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have not had any problems with my system. I have a dog, and unlike my previous SimpliSafe sysem that accommodates pets by turning their motion detector upside down, the Xfinity motion detector will not work properly if turned upside down according to the install tech. Further, same tech advised against the Xfinity camera and suggested the Nest camera. Problem, the Nest camera cannot, at this time, be integrated into the Xfinity system.

Jim

January 6th, 2019 Olympia, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been out of country twice and the system went down and needed to be reset at the control and could not be remotely reset so my house was unsecure twice in one year. Also the sensor batteries constantly go out and need replaced. I have completed my 2 year contract and going back to monitronics that is now brinks

Sarah Ava

September 11th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Xfinity has been our home security provider for the past couple of years and they’ve been great. Had it added as a promotion and even after that ended the price is affordable and the service is great.

Ronald Sanders

July 22nd, 2018 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had the system for two years to fulfill contract. Kept equipment except for console since I paid for it all, but I can't use cameras at all without console! Good service while I had it, but cancelled to save money. Poor ratings make me fearful to re-start service, although I have all surveillance items. What's a person to do?

Joyce

April 26th, 2018 Byron, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have cameras on all areas. Loved. We were out of the country and saw our home and temperature. Love it. No problems.

jeffrey

April 11th, 2018 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

cameras constantly go offline and need to be reset, the app sucks, doesn't work hardly at all anymore. Comcast home security is not worth the cost nor the contract, I will in no way be renewing after my contract expires.

Pam Kroll

April 6th, 2018 Southgate, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Since my husband died I had a thief so I got xfinity security along with a bundle pkg. Don't ask me how but my thief is still getting in! I've changed the locks twice along with my code and things are still disappearing. I had them come out and check the system to make sure it's working right and they say yes so you got me. I can't cancel becuz of the fees so I'm stuck and scared being alone! Also they broke some stuff during installation n I found my bedside urn all knicked up along with other stuff under my bed that they knocked off moving stuff around. I was pissed

Bob

January 31st, 2018 Littleton, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Surprising comments on customer service. We have the quad package including home security. Both techs showed up early in the window. I was called several times prior to the appt time. I was called after the installation to check on both the service and techs. My phone call to request this service was met by an excellent phone agent who explained all the features and costs. So far, no false alarms. Phone app is simple and informative. My one concern would be if we lost power, the system would not work. Maybe we got lucky but my brother has the service as well and is pleased with the customer service.

Timothy Erk

January 4th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Pros: The mobile app is done well. Event logging in real-time. Internet + cellular based. Cons: Frequent FALSE ALARMS due to delays in sensor communication. After a handful of those, how are you supposed to know when a real event happens? Pointless if you can't trust your system. - When I scheduled an appointment to fix it the first guy pulled up in the van, walked up the steps, turned around and left. The 2nd time, they sent out TV/internet techs with no clue or equipment, and the third time they put in "stronger" sensors which worked fine for a few months and then started triggering false alarms too. AVOID XFINITY anything!

Stephen Alexander

January 2nd, 2018 Etowah, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company - great customer service. Great product, too. I see other reviews bashing them but I have been completely satisfied with them. If you are displeased with their service for any or no reason, you have 30 days to cancel the service without further obligation.

Sue

December 22nd, 2017 Morrow, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely the worst ever the security monitor/camera is offline almost everyday. Their customer service sucks. What ever you do do not get the bundle because if you want to take one thing off your bill goes up. To me they are a rip-off company. Do not sign a contract with them. Do yourself a favor and go with another company.

John Arranaga

December 10th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their security service is the worst ever!!! It only works 20% of the time but yet they bill me and expect me to pay the full monthly payments. I've been asking for refunds but they never answer me.

Linda Polovchik

September 28th, 2017

I've had a Triple Play package and Home Secure for over a year. Great customer phone service. Great installation of all equipment. Everyone was very clear with explanations for cost and services. Prices are reasonable compared with seperate satellite tv service, internet service and landline. In fact my rate is less now including the Home Security plus more premium channels. You will need to call and check packages and prices when your contract expires, though.

TGM

August 29th, 2017 Burlingame, CA

Xfinity home is not easy to connect when I'm away from home. Connecting to live camera is also very difficult most of the time & besides it has about 7- minute picture delay . Its ads shows beautiful footage but in hindsight not so. I regret renewing my contract. Comcast always finds a way to charge you beyond what is agreed upon & it's not easy to argue & never once I won my point. I will never, never, renew my contract again, over my dead body.

Angie

August 1st, 2017 Federal Way, WA

I tried to bundle my cable, internet and security system through Xfinity. They never showed up for their appointment. When I called, they told me I had cancelled my appointment. WTF? I sat at home for a 4 hour window, then sat on hold getting passed around for another hour to get this info. Then, next month came the bill. They had billed me for everything as if I had the system!! This was a $900 charge mind you... When I asked for a credit on my account, (I wasn't going to pay for an appointment they couldn't even bother showing up to) it took the 5 months!!! My account got put on hold, spent up to 10 hours on the phone with their incompetent customer service who all promised me it was going to be taken care of, only to find out the next bill that it was still there! I was charged fees for a late bill on top of it all! This company is a joke no matter what service you get through them. Go else where. if you google Xfinity (Comcast) you will see that they rate as one of the worst companies for customer service. Couldn't imagine what would happen in a real emergency.

Bev Holliday

July 15th, 2017

Installed about a week ago. Love it. First time video security and I just look at monitor, or cell phone, of TV and know all is well. Very happy. Installer Tony Ewing did a fantastic job.

Gerald

July 3rd, 2017

I have had the had the system system for over a year, and no problem. The installer was very good.

John Brennan

May 22nd, 2017

I've had the full package for over a year now with no issues. I love that this system (and additional add-ons) are wireless. Easy to install myself and no need to run wires all over my home. I have noticed my camera going offline once or twice due to an internet tweak but it reloads itself quickly. I had to call customer support once while getting used to this system and I was taken care of quickly and efficiently. I am very satisfied with this service and highly recommend it to others.

Angela Street

May 16th, 2017

I have the full package cameras, motion sensors, door alarms and regret every second of getting this system through Xfinity. We have had them at our home over 30 times in a 4 month period, the equipment keeps resetting, the cameras go offline daily and if the alarm is set off they only call if it continues over 2 minutes. I have had Brinks, ADT and Monitronics and find this to be the weakest security system. Remember your cameras are running on your wifi so if you have a weak signal or it goes out so do your cameras. When using the phone app when it does work is great when it doesn't Xfinity tells you its for convenience not a necessity, to use your keypad. You have to buy each camera out right for around 200.00 each. Research before you sign this contract. What is disclosed is never what you actually get. This has become more of a headache than a sense of security. I can't wait for my contract to be over and put this mini nightmare behind me

Vinny G.

April 7th, 2017 Santa Clara, CA

The equipment is subject to reset because of the internet connection required. Would have been better if they had a cellular backup. Video Camera monitors will not stay in monitor mode and require frequent resetting to show the screen and not the menu.

Jim Lowers

March 28th, 2017

Everything working well for us, I triggered it once and they called immediately