SafeStreets USA Logo

SafeStreets USA

6.2

SafeStreets USA is one of ADT Home Security's oldest authorized dealers and only offers ADT equipment. The company currently offers five different professional installation plans ranging from $36.99 per month to $62.99 per month depending on how much coverage you need. SafeStreets USA also offers a $28.99 per month package, but this is not advertised.

All the equipment needed for your chosen service is included in the plan pricing; however, the company does charge extra for upgrade options such as a touchscreen keypad, etc. There are additional charges depending on the type of ADT monitoring you choose as well, which is standard practice in the industry. One of the things we like about SafeStreets USA is its century-long tenure of providing monitoring services to safe homes and businesses alike.

The Good

• Next-Day Installations Available
  • Home Security and Home Automation Options
  • Wide Variety of Available Plans
  • Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring
  • Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

Next-Day Installations Available

The home security company offers quick alarm installations with next-day service; in some cases, a licensed technician will be on-site the same day you've signed your contract. SafeStreets representatives are ADT authorized installers.

Home Security and Home Automation Options

SafeStreets USA offers home security as well as home automation options such as video security and remote lights.

Wide Variety of Available Plans

With a wide variety of plans and available equipment and as an ADT authorized dealer, you can be sure you have everything you want and need in an alarm system:

Traditional

Control

• All the features of the Remote Plan
  • Video Monitoring
  • Real-Time Video Footage via Doorbell Camera or Security Camera

Video and Home Automation (Most Popular)

• All the features of the Control Plan
  • Home Automation — smart door lock, smart garage door, carbon monoxide detection, and more.

Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring

Additionally, SafeStreets USA doesn't charge for their alarm systems if you're a new customer; however, you do have to pay $99 for the installation and sign up for monitoring to receive that offer.

Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

And if you like convenience, you will love the ADT Pulse Tier Voice App that allows you to use the voice-control function to interact with your system. This enables you to turn on the lights, thermostat, door locks, security systems and more from any mobile device.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract Required
  • Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation
  • No Live Chat Feature

36-Month Contract Required

Unfortunately, SafeStreets USA requires a 36-month contract, which is a long time if you become dissatisfied with their services. Furthermore, there is a long list of complaints stating the company isn't upfront about posting the terms of their contract including the length or the fact that their company is actually SafeStreets USA and not ADT. With that being said, a 36-month contract is still short by industry standards.

Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation

If you want to cancel your alarm service prior to your 36-month contract expiring, you will have to pay 75 percent of the remaining balance. This is something that should be noted because other companies require you to pay less than 75 percent of the balance when you cancel early.

No Live Chat Feature

SafeStreets USA does not offer a live chat feature, which is inconvenient and archaic especially in this day and age. Couple that with the fact that many customers comment on the poor customer service experiences, you can pretty much expect the same should you opt for its services.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

SafeStreets USA offers a wide variety of plan options and doesn't charge for equipment, but the cancellation policy and installation fees might be problematic for some. Therefore, there are pros and cons associated with this ADT authorized dealer, but overall, SafeStreets USA appears to be a reliable and trustworthy home security dealer. Read SafeStreets USA reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.5

Nona Orlando, FL

No answers when you call. System wasn't operational, and they were threatening to charge for termination of contract even though contract allows 90 days. Jumbled wires, knowingly installing equipment that was not agreed upon. The list goes on. ADT had to intervene and at least after 50 days of arguing, I received a refund.

Jeffrey Shaikh Pittsburg, CA

We are all working remotely, the staff has taken their computers home. I called to terminate the service in November 2020 because we were spending for nothing. I was not notified there would be a cancellation charge. In December I was automatically charged (a large amount) without any notification or my authorization. I called and was told it was a contract and they charged the rest of the year. This was an account I had for over 6 years. Horrible customer service to not notify of charge like this. Then I was told there would be a refund. Never received. Don't give these people access to your bank account. I no longer trust these people and will terminate the home account, because I don't want to give them my business ever again. Completely unethical business practices.

Simona Rose Chicago, IL

I moved into my home in July of 2020. I received a backdoor camera and a free ring camera for my front door. I called in today, because I have called multiple attempts to get a tech to come out to my home to repair my rear door camera which has never worked since I got it. Its very frustrating getting transferred here and there and being told; there's nothing you can do. Today I was confronted with a sales rep who constantly went back and forth with me and presumed to tell me, there was nothing they can do. And then he preceded to tell me that he only has me calling in this one time which was 2 weeks ago. I have an email I sent stating that my camera did not work and never received a reply. I was told it would cost 100/hr for a tech to come out and service a camera that was installed wrong from the beginning. I asked to speak with a manager and the CSR continued to tell me " I know what they are going to say". So me and this guy went bickering back and forth for him to convince me of not wanting to speak with a supervisor. He stated it would take an hour and then he said or two. I asked for a direct number where I wouldn't have to speak with him and he said this was the only number. When customers are spending THEIR money and putting THEIR trust in a company, we should not have to be held down to standards like these to speak with individuals who will go back and forth with you telling you what they know will happen. VERY VERY Dissatisfied!!! DO NOT USE This COMPANY

[email protected] Pensacola, FL

Great monitoring system, however, ADT continues to raise their prices annually, even without receiving any upgrades. I've been with them since 2005 and have not received any upgrades but prices keep going up. Talked to a representative and he tried to blame it on taxes. In 2006 cost was $32.00 + and through the years continually rising to now in 2021 is at $53. Again this is for the basic service, no upgrades. I'm also a Senior Citizen.

Carrie Kostanko Jackson, MI

Ok folks - Back in November a Safe Streets gentleman installed my ADT security system and broke a window doing so. At the time he pulled out his phone and said he will make a claim for this issue. Well, apparently he was just pretending do so because this company had no record of a claim. I have since sent in pictures which Safe Streets received and agreed to pay for the window. I obtained two estimates like I was asked to do and Safe Streets received these as well. However....it’s almost February and I still have a broken window. I’ve called numerous times and spoken with customer service (who seem nice) however every time they say a manager will call but as of today....crickets...no calls. I’m still holding out hope and I’ve made this my mission to get this window fixed by them. Hope this helps

Juha Raatikainen ,

Beware! ADT advertises and sells security but does not stand behind what they sell. ADT Pulse system has an issue with video recording. Camera will record a clip but then it will turn off for 4 MINUTES!! Now that we have more traffic in our area it is a major security concern. If someone enters your property, ADT camera will record a short clip and then TURN OFF FOR 4 MINUTES! You have now no idea if the person left your property or is now hiding in the backyard since the camera is not recording. The most ridiculous part of the issue is that these more frequent video clips are sometimes available 30-40 minutes after the fact. After bringing this issue to their attention and spending an hour on the phone they agreed to replace only 2 front cameras with new 1080HD cameras that operate with less than 1 minute off period out of 5 of my cameras at no cost clearly acknowledging the security risk to homeowner. Tech installed the cameras but the 1080HD cameras did not have sufficient signal and live video was lagging and choppy, so they had to be removed and old cameras installed again. Tech told me that the old PULSE system will not work with these cameras. After an other hour on the phone with ADT I was told that I needed a signal booster to boost the Wifi signal however I told them that they had already installed one sometime ago. But this one is stronger I was told. After arguing over the cost booster was provided free along with cameras clearly acknowledging the security issue that it presents to a homeowner. Another tech came over 2 weeks later, looked at the system and stated that booster he has with him is the same that I already have. So no need to install cameras, it will not work with PULSE system. He put his local manager Juan on speaker and his attitude was "well its not going to work with your system" and that was the end of it and no call back that I had requested. I spent 2 hours online with ADT in Florida again bringing to their attention that the "security" system that I pay a high monthly fee for my security is not working the way it should. According to both techs the system is too old and will not allow any improvements. Finally a person calling himself a manager, Stan G. started explaining why they have to increase my monthly fee by 24.00 dollars if they fix the ADT problem with free new system that will have less than 1 minute camera off time and tried to force me into a 36 month contract. I questioned the reasoning, why would I have to pay anything since their system is not providing the security service that I am paying for. At the end ADT refused to stand by the service they provide and not fix for free obvious security issues in their system. So apparently their advertised over 100 years in business means absolutely nothing when it comes to standing behind the security systems and service that they sell.

John Williams North Las Vegas, NV

I don't write reviews if I'm not happy. I just cut my losses and just move on but in this case, I can't just walk away due to the fact I'm on a contract for 36 months and I'm almost at 6. 1. Customer service has been the worst ever. It is very hard to get someone on the phone to help you and after waiting for 30 mins on hold and you try to explain what's going on they pass you around like a joint. (No joke). The next thing you know the call is disconnected and you have to call back. The home I just purchase with my wife is a new build and of course, ADT guys came to my home like all the other vender no problem I get. I call about the poor video quality on the doorbell and the driveway cameras. I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw my neighbors cameras who is with another company. I was floored by how good It is in comparison. So I just said to my wife I can live with It. I guess we have no other choice. Now we decided to order another camera for the back patio. Now I notice when I call to add on a product we got help almost right away, (unbelievable). When they came out to install the camera for the patio we were kinda excited because by this been a new build in the desert we had lots of coyotes running everywhere and they were jumping the walls taken the small family pets though out the new community. We have a small puppy so we felt getting a camera in the back was needed. When they came they talked to us for a little more than two hours about getting Solar panels installed and the camera would be free! We kept saying over and over we didn't want them and they kept insisting, we said all we want was one maybe two cameras in the back. At that point they said, "I kid you not. We will give you a week to think about the Solar panels and getting the cameras for free, (it's a no-brainer)" the guy said. This happened back in Oct of 2020 and we still have no cameras for the patio. Lastly, this system keeps going out in malfunctioning, they did come out went over the system, and adjusted it, and still only works for a few days then goes out again. I hung x-mas lights up for the holidays and it kept setting off the motion-detector due to one of the lights was a swing in front of the camera over the garage. On Dec 15th the motion detector stops working altogether. When I finally got through to customer service the lady told me I have used up our limit for the month and It will reset on Jan 1th, I was never told there was a limit. Not once. If I knew that I would have removed the light from in front of the camera when it first happens. I have tried calling so many times and can't get through. It has not worked since Dec 15th. So I have no motion detectors, no back camera that I wanted, apparently, you have to get the solar panels for that. But ADT doesn't miss a beat taken $71.99 out of my account every month. That's one thing that does work. At the end of the day, I'm paying for the system and it's doesn't work and I can't get help. I'm stuck in this contract, therefore, I'm having money taken from me every month. Wow, and I have 30 months left to go, 30 X $71.99 = $2,159.70. SMH.

Chris k. Sylvania, OH

I NEED to write this review as ADT are crooks and I want all to be warned. The $0 fee for products/ installation/ service is false I had to pay A LOT for it all. I purchased an ADT system in November. I unfortunately lost my job due to COVID and had to sell my house. I asked ADT if there was any way we could place the plan on hold while we attempted to find a house. They said NO. I asked ADT if I could transfer the nearly $1000 worth of products because they were installed for only two weeks before I received the news about my job. Once again ADT told me NO. Their only solution was for me to pay for the system in FULL and then pay a HUGE fee to cancel. In a very hard time in my life, ADT made things worse for sure. They DID NOT work with me in any capacity.

TPat Cottage Grove, OR

This Company has been the worst one I have ever dealt with. First of all, I paid for all of the equipment, and they still locked me into a 3 yr contract. Then after installing the equipment that I had to buy 800.00 the camera does not work. someone disconnected it. they told me that they would charge 101.00 plus 45 dollars to have a technician come out. this is cheating and taking advantage of people in order to have a security system. Now an agent tells me I have to go outside and unplug the camera. I will let everyone know that this company is not good to work with and BEWARE of all of the money and charges that they give to you. it's not worth it.

Annie Norcross, GA

service was good, customer service good BE AWARE!!! When you get business service, you are signing a contract for 3 years! Ask questions. They will not let you out. You have to buy out. At that point customer service is rude and not helpful. Bad experience with Kathy, National Office, Jacksonville, FL

Frank Sesko Palatine, IL

We have had Protection One for many years. About one or two years ago ADT took over Protection One. We have not had to have much contact with ADT until yesterday. Since we were replacing a sliding patio door with A two door system, our alarm for that door was disabled. I called ADT to have the alarm disabled until an ADT serviceman could come out to alarm that door. At first when I called I was greeted with a recording stating that the call volume was high and that it would be several minutes before I could speak to an agent. The the recording said something like, "Sorry for the wait. we will be with you as soon as possible. My name is Elizabeth and I am the service manager. We appreciate your call." I spent the next couple of hours on the phone with a few different agents. I explained the problem, but none of them were able to allow me to block that zone and get the system back on line. A few times, I was put on hold and I received the same message from Elizabeth. Finally, someone said that the zone was disabled and the system could be reset. We tried, but it did not work. The next agent told me that they would be working on the problem and that the system would be restored by the evening. (All of these calls started mid-afternoon.) I had to go to bed, but my wife was still up. When she went to bed at approximately midnight, she found that the alarm would not set. This morning, I called ADT about the problem and was told that they could not get a serviceman out to fix the problem until 4 days from now. I told them that my wife and I are senior citizens and do not want to be without the security system that long. The agent, Adale, told me that she was sorry, but that was the best that she could do. I then asked to speak to Elizabeth, her service manager. She had no idea who Elizabeth was. She transferred me to her immediate supervisor, Larry, who also could not offer me any better service. When I asked him to be transferred to Elizabeth, he too had not idea who Elizabeth was. So, I asked to speak to his immediately supervisor. He put me on hold where I heard Elizabeth yet again. After much hemming and hawing he told me that his immediate supervisor was Maggie, but she was busy so I could not speak to her. When I insisted, he again put me on hold, and then returned saying that she would have to call me back in two to three hours. I said that if I did not hear from her in one-half hour, I would be calling Corporate. After twenty-five minutes, I began looking for the Corporation's number. The number I found at their website had been disconnected. Ten minutes later I received a call from Maggie. Once again, Maggie gave me the same line, that no one was available to come out until 4 days later. And, by the way, Maggie also had no idea who Elizabeth is. Needless to say, I am not pleased with ADT and will be looking for another security firm. I'm thinking that when ADT acquired Protection One, they bit off more than they could chew.

Polly Milford, OH

Worst customer service. Total scam. Do not give them a penny. We paid them over $5,000 for a system that does not work. This is basically a company that steals your money and laughs at you when you call for help.

Brian Leavitt Groveland, MA

I reached out to ADT as I heard they were the best, and after 3 phone calls and 3 separate representatives, each time they took my info and said we will call you back with an installation date, so I wait and nothing. "Lets take your information again". Each time the up front costs changed. The last one being almost $2,000. I asked for them to email me a breakdown with plan details and was told that "we don't have the ability to do that". My only option was to have a tech come to my house. In 2020 you cant send me an email?? The top security company in the country?? Stay away from them, stay far away because when you need the, most, they will not be there.

Kathryn Connell, WA

Worst company ever. If you want to waste hours of your life with awful customer service go with them. They didn't show for 2 apts. that I took time off work for and were rude to me about how they are having scheduling issues. Buyer beware! I reported to Better Business Bureau.

Kari Potocki Lockport, NY

They have horrible customer service, they miss appointments (multiple times), they trap you in a contact, they are not reliable nor trustworthy. Stay far away

DANIEL TOPIK Eureka, MO

THEY USED A BAIT AND SWITCH TACTIC TO SELL ME THE SYSTEM. NEVER PROVED A SUMMARY OF THE COST FOR THE SYSTEM. WE WERE BILLED OVER $3000.00. NEVER GOT A COPY OF THE CONTRACT

Joel Barger Dover, PA

Unreliable. Does not honor their own commitments. Phone staff are terrible to work with .

mattmer Santa Ana, CA

monitoring w/med alert was actually pretty good. The problem is customer service. I contacted because i wanted to remove a wireless sensor and have it located to another place. If the wireless did not work (distance) the remove it altogether. Called 7 times and finally got thru. Something wrong with their phone system would not recognize my voice commands. ANYWAY, I tried to explain to both cust reps above 2 sentences. When they finally understood what I wanted, they kept talking about this and that and I could not get them to stop. One hung up. I hung up on the other. Upshot they wanted to charge $100+ to have a tech come out and do this job. I'm doing it myself. If distance is an issue, I'll tape the sensors together and forget it. What I really hated was them talking over me even when I YELLED shut up!

Jesse Perryman Gurnee, IL

Garbage customer service. Their equipment burned up the wires in my doorbell chime an hour after install. They wouldn't come back right away b/c it was a Saturday. Been trying to cancel and being told that I need to pay a early term penalty and give 30 day notice even though I signed up with them 18 days ago and their equipment could have burned my home down.

Frank McCoy Kansas City, MO

Worst company, worst service very demanding and no up front service agreement explained will never use again and will tell anyone that will listen to have nothing to do with this company , they are doing to you what you are paying them to protect you from ROB you blind as a shame company

Ryan P Denver, CO

I entered into a 3 year contract with 'ADT' and 'Safe Street'. Upon completion of my contract, they have locked my control panel from ever being useable with another provider. I have asked several people with customer service, only to be told the unlock code is 'proprietary' and locking the equipment to only them, even thou you paid them for it. This essentially locks you permanently into a contract with them, even though you agreed to a term, they want you forever.

Dina Clemente Roselle, IL

Safestreets should be called scamstreets.. they use the name ADT( which is a great security system) it’s safestreet the authorized dealer is what’s wrong. Don’t go with safestreets for ADT system,, The bait and switch they tell you one thing and don’t back up what they have said. Every convo is recorded yet they don’t care. Installer comes or shall I say sales rep comes and says lie on this greensky (loan)application so I can install more stuff you don’t need. I owned a 2400 sq ft home, I had more sensors and devices in my now 1000 sq ft then 2400 sq ft. When I asked why he says I don’t want to leave you at 50% protected. What the heck does that mean. Left me high and dry with no security system for days. A phone call stating a tech is coming the next day to remove the system all because i caught them doing something shady. And the greensky company didn’t like what they did. No itemized bill of what devices I was charged I questioned it and I get told I have to talk to adt. Call ADT and they say reason why I’m being charged $59 a month is because of the devices. So why was I charged an extra $1700 to put in a greensky account that I was made to open. He used the fact I was single mom, he knew I wanted to feel secure and he took advantage of that. I was under a lot anxiety, pressure and stress. This covid19 doesn’t help. They take advantage and prey. When I called greensky then finally safestreets calls me back, but nothing happened besides me getting upset. Don’t go with safetsreets if you want adt

Cory hannegan San Dimas, CA

Third party company that initiates the sign-up/installation... you’re under contract with them for the first 3 months and then ADT takes over after that. They scam you on the installation, the customer Service is HORRIBLE, and they’re essentially the fall man for all the BS ADT wants to conduct. Maybe if you sign up with ADT directly it’s a different story, but when I called, I specially asked if it was ADT, or a third party (because obviously third parties skim off the top), and he assured me he was with ADT. Either way, shame on both companies. Stay away. They even charged me the 100 when I had an existing system. Guy just had to sync the unit. Even took 3 calls to safe street ( where I got bounced back to ADT) before they answered the phone.

Gerri Trut Sedona, AZ

My experience 10 years, with ADT had been great up until the last year. They have gone down hill. Their phone service, billing, and technical services all stink. I finally canceled them 1/6/2020 and they told me I have to wait a month so the charged me the normal bill for January. The following month they charged me a again $12. said it was a prorated bill. Now my business was a different story. $188 a month. I called and canceled because I closed my pizza shop after 18 months with ADT. Tough times. But hey ADT doesn't care they just want their money. Was told I had to pay the full 3 year contract (18 months remaining).I reasoned with them saying how I'd been a customer for +10yrs and that these tough times are unexpected! I had to dish out $3400. Again their business practices are gut wrenching, no consideration for the tough times. No consideration for loyal customers. I suspect they won't be in business for long considering the fact that their competition is getting wider and cheaper-with BETTER SERVICE! Not even famous twins can help them now.

Janice Milwaukee, WI

I had my alarm system installed last year September or October I was told that I would be receiving $100 visa card I have not received this visa card and it is now April 2020 and I have still not heard anything from this company when I first had conversations with them they told me they could put the money back in my bank account I don’t know I did not want anyone who wanted toMy account Their customer service is horrible

Nayak Gaithersburg, MD

I have been having a VERY bad experience with ADT, I got a quote for $27/ month but the installer misled me on the price and charging me $57. Importantly, I reported a problem with my equipment for over 3 months, it is still not fixed. I reported to the corporate office, they were not of any help and I am stuck with a 5 years contract. What a shame to have this kind of company in the market who mislead the customers. I strongly discourage everyone to use ADT for their security because I do not know if my home is protected or not. Thaeu have not fixed my problem yet.

John Kreighbaum Royse City, TX

Bate and switch would best describe this company and their marketing. If you are drawn in by their pricing incentives and glitzy advertising while allowing them to send a technician to survey your needs, you are making a mistake. Never again will I have anything to do with ADT. This is a front to get a pressure sales person into your home to install a pricy system. Very misleading and expensive. Do not trust these people.

Jack Taylor Henderson, NV

We’ve had adt for two years but got roped into another 3 year contract when we were told we needed to upgrade our new system to a newer touch pad. We went ahead and did it but really regret the three year hook they got us with. Also, moving is too frustrating since they will not move any adt equipment regardless if it is brand new. We don’t quite trust this company and have not used them on our new home.

Seth Dallas, TX

From a price standpoint, it’s decently priced but they are not transparent over the phone about pricing. They lead you on to believe one thing and it ends up to be another. But like I said in the end it’s still decently priced for the products you receive.

J. Whelan Long Beach, MS

For the monthly price it's not that bad, but send out a rep or have to have your system repaired or upgraded, the bill is shocking! For the price I really wish we would have just put in ring security system with cameras. By the time my alarm goes off and I get a call from ADT, while I'm on vacation, and I tell them to go ahead and call it in I'm not home I could have looked at a ring security system and called my local police department. I am seriously rethinking my home security system. I'd recommend looking into other options for the price.

Zac Cannon Biloxi, MS

My parents and I used ADT for their home security for several years. It was a great system and not very buggy.

Jay Simon Albuquerque, NM

System installed. Not 28 per month but 57 Had a sensor fault two weeks after installation so system was not working but ADT did not come out to repair or check on it since it was a Saturday and then the burglars cut power and I was robbed the next day. ADT has been awful. Try and talk to a manger- good luck

Nick New Market, AL

While i was deployed overseas, ADT Security Salesman convinced my wife that my current security system was no longer good and that the company had gone out of business. ADT then came in and took out a working security system and installed an ADT system and had my wife sign a 3 year contract. Right now i'm not sure i have any recourse.

roger Chesapeake, VA

not a good deal expensive sales man are contract sales people if u have wi fi blink sold at best by no monthly monitor charges

Eric Smith Riverton, UT

There are a lot of options to choose from which is great so that I could get what was best for our home and family situation. Customer service was great as well.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I grew up with an ADT Alarm system. I always felt safe in our home. I love that the door alarm chimes whenever a door opens. It made me feel safe. Good customer service as well.

charles kelly Granite City, IL

they were great when I had them just try to go somewhere else they'll charge you an extra three months and not beat an eye or send you to collections, poor business practice!!!!!!

Charles Q Vielhauer Lenexa, KS

ADT is misleading on cost. They tell you one price over the phone and then increase it after six months. Be prepared to be swindled if you go with ADT. Customer services is extremely poor as well.

Larry Curtis Hardin, MT

I have to say that they really pissed me off by lying on the phone about the cost of and extent of the equipment provided. I was quoted a one time charge of $99 but I would then get a rebate of $100. The equipment was supposed to be free except for a $59 dollar monthly fee. When the installer came he kept insinuating that I had been given a credit of $1100 for extra equipment so I asked him about what that was and he said it just meant they were not going to charge me $1100 more for the equipment I already ordered, which was supposed to be free. Then in addition I was charged $860 for this same equipment. None of this extra cost was mentioned when I spoke with customer service. I don't know if this system is going to work. I feel it wont based upon the customer service and lies that were told to me, but now I am locked into a 3 yr. contract. Larry Curtis CAPT USPHS (ret.)

M.E. Summerdale, AL

Would not recommend to anyone. ADT is the Worst company ever! Horrible customer service!

Michael C Kallinick Dallas, TX

Looking for a new ADT system I reached SafestreetUSA. They were efficient in taking my order which included a smoke/co detector. On 10 August the installer arrived and was unable to install the smoke detector as he was not certified. I rebooked an appointment for 20 August, no installer showed, "there is no record of an appointment". Four phone calls later on 26 August, an appointment was made to install the smoke/co detector. "The earliest we can do this is 6 September", a month after the original installation. Every call is with a 5 minute hold time to check the account. In addition, I was inadvertently charged for three additional sensors. The original installer could not credit them because the office was closed. As of 26 August no refund has processed. Initially I was told the installer had refunded them, when I assured the agent the charge was still on my cared the story changed to, "the invoices don't match the charges". You will have to call the billing department. Believe me the level of speed and caring can only be matched by the VA system.

Kurt D. Music Caledonia, MS

WORST company ever!!! It was not explained that ADT and Safestreets are one and the same company. Didn't have an appointment and did not install within 24 hrs as noted in their advertisement to prospective customers. (Talk about FALSE advertisement!!!) Don't believe the "6 MOS Money Back Guarantee" from ADT" either!! they transfer you back to Safestreets when you try to cancel. They have Safestreets do their dirty work and explain that you CAN'T CANCEL and they will not Cancel your contract and account unless you make immediate payment of the 36 month contract in full (it's only been 7 days into the contract)...(Talk about SCAM and strong arm tactics!!!). I was charged $105 to my VISA by Safestreets the day I made the contract over the phone. Then the afternoon after install we received an e-mail and a charge for $552 to my Visa without a notice or breakout of charges from Safestreet? I received an additional charge of $98 to my Visa by ADT on 15 Aug the following day. I'm already out almost $800 after being erroneously or falsely informed that it would only be $99 dollar activation and $59 monthly. I tried to call ADT to cancel today and they refused to honor my request per their advertisement and stated that they had to have good reasons. I expressed my "dissatisfaction" and that their guarantee was "6 month - money back - "SATISFACTION GUARANTEED" . It was explained that the details of the agreement are "you must have 6 months of problems to be experienced and ADT have to have tried to satisfy your issues" in order for you to be eligible to request the money back guarantee. I am a dissatisfied customer I told ADT- "Steven" and demanded immediate cancellation and he kept stonewalling and put me on hold for quite a while then transferred me, without advising me of it, and I had a rep from Safestreets pick up the line and explain to me that Steven from ADT had given him a different story line from what "I", explained. I then told the Safestreets Rep that I want to cancel immediately. He advised me that I could not cancel and had signed a contract and that in order to cancel with Safestreets the 36 month contract balance would be immediately due to cancel and that the "6 Month Money Back Guarantee" was with ADT and not Safestreets! Talk about "Bait-and-Switch" Once again not aimed at customer service but at "SHAKEDOWN" of a Disabled Veteran. The customer service rep at Safestreets was totally respectful compared to ADT, but again who did I sign the contract with again??? The water is muddy and all I know is this Veteran is being cheated!!! Thinking through my next steps to let USAA know that this is the type of service or lack thereof and not to recommend ADT again and maybe contact the BB and to VA about the Soldier and Sailors Relief Act at the VA and DOJ to seek their assistance to resolve this matter.

Mad Canton, GA

Been an ADT customer for 10 plus years. They had issues with one of their towers and wanted to charge me $350 to "upgrade" the system and double my monthly monitoring. Horrible customer service.

Salma Ahmad Chesterfield, MO

I had bad experience with ADT, I got quote over the phone and they told me they will give me credit for all equipment and after technician came to my house he wanted to charge me extra for equipment, and monthly fees was not the same I had negotiated over the phone. He took out my previous security keypad on the wall and he cut some wires on my electric panel in spite of me telling him not to do it, just incase I did not accept his proposal today. He said he will connect them back. After I said no I don't want work with ADT he left to get something from his car to fix the holes he made in the wall and next thing I see he drove off. I still have to figure out how much damage he has done to the electric panel? He didn't fix my stuff and he left. I called ADT office but they were not helpful at all. I never suggest this company to any one .

Kevin Thompson Zanesville, OH

I had ADT for 11 years in St Petersburg,FL and I cancelled because they didn't want to put a new battery in the main keypad. The battery was odd and I couldn't find it anywhere. After another year I decided to move back to Ohio and they told me to leave the equipment behind I would get new. 2 weeks after I moved they sent me a bill for over $1300.00 so I called them and asked them what was it for and they told me for the equipment I left behind and for breaking the contract. They said if I didn't pay it it would go to collections. I didn't want that because I had a credit score of 820. I sent them a check and wrote in the memo line PAID IN FULL. They cashed the check then 2 weeks later they turned me into a credit collector. I got screwed and never got kissed, but I did call ADT and told them I would never use them again and I would tell anybody that was going to use them not to.

Tracy Wright

Don't do business with this sham company! They make it impossible to cancel service!

Pinpointer9 South Jordan, UT

RUN DONT WALK!!!! run from ADT as fast as you can. I hate to see good people get scammed out of hard earned money. check your local security firms or any other reputable security co. Spent over ten thousand dollars on a commercial building and It is literally useless.

Linda Elizabethton, TN

My mother used ADT for many, many years and paid an unusually high monthly fee. (Her premiums did nothing but go up while new customers were given lower rates.) When she had a stroke followed by skilled nursing home care and death, I called to have the service discontinued. Did they express gratitude for her years of paying them or refuse to cancel until the request for put into writing, enabling them to get another one and 1/2 more months in payments? Bet you guessed correctly! I will never forgive them for being so hard hearted and money hungry and would never recommend them.

Brenda Barry

ADT is unreal. I can't believe they are still in business and not been shut down. We have proof that they forged my husbands signature on how much time we signed up with them. Now that we bought a new home that won't be ready for six more months, and we will be living in our motor home while our house is being built. So they charged us a cancellation fee. We only signed for one year but they had this fake contract that said 3 years. We refused when they first said 3 years and they agreed to a one year contract. But they forged our signature for 3 years. We are turning in all the paperwork an d showing that you can't forge my husbands signature. It's one of a kind. So buyer beware, read everything and save copies. They are the most dishonest company I've ever dealt with. They need to be shut down. I am an Author and plan to write to every agency I can to keep from anyone else going through what we are. My husband is a disabled vet and they didn't even care about that. Horrible.

GERALD Sandy, TX

Never installed all equipment promised. Had them intall systems on both my home and business, haven't been able to set my business alarm once since it's been installed. System errors popped up the first day they installed it and they haven't been back to fix it. They fired the sales rep who promised a Nest system in both my home and business and also promised three cameras on both my home and business, only two have been installed at my home and business. I'm still waiting for my third camera at my home and office. Did I mention they drilled a hole in the wrong place on my brand new home and did an a very unnacceptable repair! I told them to give me my equipment or come pick theirs up, they only threated to come after me for breach of contract, lol! Wow, I'm in breach of contract, what a joke!