SafeStreets USA is one of ADT Home Security's oldest authorized dealers and only offers ADT equipment. The company currently offers five different professionally installed security systems which range from $36.99 per month to $62.99 per month depending on how much coverage you need. SafeStreets USA also offers a $28.99 per month package, but this is not advertised. All the equipment needed for your chosen service is included in the plan pricing; however, the company does charge extra for upgrade options such as a touchscreen keypad, etc. There are additional charges depending on the type of monitoring you choose as well, which is standard practice in the industry. One of the things we like about SafeStreets USA is its century-long tenure of providing monitoring services to safe homes and businesses alike.

#1 Vivint chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Cove chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Next-Day Installations Available
  • Home Security and Home Automation Options
  • Wide Variety of Available Plans
  • Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring
  • Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

Next-Day Installations Available

SafeStreets USA offers quick alarm installations with next-day service, sooner in some cases, once you've signed your contract. SafeStreets representatives are ADT authorized installers.

Home Security and Home Automation Options

SafeStreets USA offers home security as well as home automation options such as video security and remote lights.

Wide Variety of Available Plans

With a wide variety of plans and available equipment and as an ADT authorized dealer, you can be sure you have everything you want and need in an alarm system.

Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring

Additionally, SafeStreets USA doesn't charge for their alarm systems if you're a new customer; however, you do have to pay $99 for the installation and sign up for monitoring to receive that offer.

Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

And if you like convenience, you will love the ADT Pulse Voice App that allows you to use the voice-control function to interact with your system. This enables you to turn on the lights, thermostat, door locks, security systems and more from any mobile device.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract Required
  • Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation
  • No Live Chat Feature

36-Month Contract Required

Unfortunately, SafeStreets USA requires a 36-month contract, which is a long time if you become dissatisfied with their services. Furthermore, there is a long list of complaints stating the company isn't upfront about posting the terms of their contract including the length or the fact that their company is actually SafeStreets USA and not ADT. With that being said, a 36-month contract is still short by industry standards.

Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation

If you want to cancel your alarm service prior to your 36-month contract expiring, you will have to pay 75 percent of the remaining balance. This is something that should be noted because other companies require you to pay less than 75 percent of the balance when you cancel early.

No Live Chat Feature

SafeStreets USA does not offer a live chat feature, which is inconvenient and archaic especially in this day and age. Couple that with the fact that many customers comment on the poor customer service experiences, you can pretty much expect the same should you opt for its services.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

SafeStreets USA offers a wide variety of plan options and doesn't charge for equipment, but the cancellation policy and installation fees might be problematic for some. Therefore, there are pros and cons associated with this ADT authorized dealer, but overall, SafeStreets USA appears to be a reliable and trustworthy home security dealer. Read SafeStreets USA reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.6

DANIEL TOPIK

July 13th, 2020 Eureka, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

THEY USED A BAIT AND SWITCH TACTIC TO SELL ME THE SYSTEM. NEVER PROVED A SUMMARY OF THE COST FOR THE SYSTEM. WE WERE BILLED OVER $3000.00. NEVER GOT A COPY OF THE CONTRACT

Joel Barger

July 1st, 2020 Dover, PA

Unreliable. Does not honor their own commitments. Phone staff are terrible to work with .

mattmer

June 1st, 2020 Santa Ana, CA

monitoring w/med alert was actually pretty good. The problem is customer service. I contacted because i wanted to remove a wireless sensor and have it located to another place. If the wireless did not work (distance) the remove it altogether. Called 7 times and finally got thru. Something wrong with their phone system would not recognize my voice commands. ANYWAY, I tried to explain to both cust reps above 2 sentences. When they finally understood what I wanted, they kept talking about this and that and I could not get them to stop. One hung up. I hung up on the other. Upshot they wanted to charge $100+ to have a tech come out and do this job. I'm doing it myself. If distance is an issue, I'll tape the sensors together and forget it. What I really hated was them talking over me even when I YELLED shut up!

Jesse Perryman

May 28th, 2020 Gurnee, IL

Garbage customer service. Their equipment burned up the wires in my doorbell chime an hour after install. They wouldn't come back right away b/c it was a Saturday. Been trying to cancel and being told that I need to pay a early term penalty and give 30 day notice even though I signed up with them 18 days ago and their equipment could have burned my home down.

Frank McCoy

May 20th, 2020 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst company, worst service very demanding and no up front service agreement explained will never use again and will tell anyone that will listen to have nothing to do with this company , they are doing to you what you are paying them to protect you from ROB you blind as a shame company

Ryan P

May 7th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I entered into a 3 year contract with 'ADT' and 'Safe Street'. Upon completion of my contract, they have locked my control panel from ever being useable with another provider. I have asked several people with customer service, only to be told the unlock code is 'proprietary' and locking the equipment to only them, even thou you paid them for it. This essentially locks you permanently into a contract with them, even though you agreed to a term, they want you forever.

Dina Clemente

April 26th, 2020 Roselle, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Safestreets should be called scamstreets.. they use the name ADT( which is a great security system) it’s safestreet the authorized dealer is what’s wrong. Don’t go with safestreets for ADT system,, The bait and switch they tell you one thing and don’t back up what they have said. Every convo is recorded yet they don’t care. Installer comes or shall I say sales rep comes and says lie on this greensky (loan)application so I can install more stuff you don’t need. I owned a 2400 sq ft home, I had more sensors and devices in my now 1000 sq ft then 2400 sq ft. When I asked why he says I don’t want to leave you at 50% protected. What the heck does that mean. Left me high and dry with no security system for days. A phone call stating a tech is coming the next day to remove the system all because i caught them doing something shady. And the greensky company didn’t like what they did. No itemized bill of what devices I was charged I questioned it and I get told I have to talk to adt. Call ADT and they say reason why I’m being charged $59 a month is because of the devices. So why was I charged an extra $1700 to put in a greensky account that I was made to open. He used the fact I was single mom, he knew I wanted to feel secure and he took advantage of that. I was under a lot anxiety, pressure and stress. This covid19 doesn’t help. They take advantage and prey. When I called greensky then finally safestreets calls me back, but nothing happened besides me getting upset. Don’t go with safetsreets if you want adt

Cory hannegan

April 21st, 2020 San Dimas, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Third party company that initiates the sign-up/installation... you’re under contract with them for the first 3 months and then ADT takes over after that. They scam you on the installation, the customer Service is HORRIBLE, and they’re essentially the fall man for all the BS ADT wants to conduct. Maybe if you sign up with ADT directly it’s a different story, but when I called, I specially asked if it was ADT, or a third party (because obviously third parties skim off the top), and he assured me he was with ADT. Either way, shame on both companies. Stay away. They even charged me the 100 when I had an existing system. Guy just had to sync the unit. Even took 3 calls to safe street ( where I got bounced back to ADT) before they answered the phone.

Gerri Trut

April 14th, 2020 Sedona, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience 10 years, with ADT had been great up until the last year. They have gone down hill. Their phone service, billing, and technical services all stink. I finally canceled them 1/6/2020 and they told me I have to wait a month so the charged me the normal bill for January. The following month they charged me a again $12. said it was a prorated bill. Now my business was a different story. $188 a month. I called and canceled because I closed my pizza shop after 18 months with ADT. Tough times. But hey ADT doesn't care they just want their money. Was told I had to pay the full 3 year contract (18 months remaining).I reasoned with them saying how I'd been a customer for +10yrs and that these tough times are unexpected! I had to dish out $3400. Again their business practices are gut wrenching, no consideration for the tough times. No consideration for loyal customers. I suspect they won't be in business for long considering the fact that their competition is getting wider and cheaper-with BETTER SERVICE! Not even famous twins can help them now.

Janice

April 9th, 2020 Milwaukee, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had my alarm system installed last year September or October I was told that I would be receiving $100 visa card I have not received this visa card and it is now April 2020 and I have still not heard anything from this company when I first had conversations with them they told me they could put the money back in my bank account I don’t know I did not want anyone who wanted toMy account Their customer service is horrible

Nayak

April 1st, 2020 Gaithersburg, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been having a VERY bad experience with ADT, I got a quote for $27/ month but the installer misled me on the price and charging me $57. Importantly, I reported a problem with my equipment for over 3 months, it is still not fixed. I reported to the corporate office, they were not of any help and I am stuck with a 5 years contract. What a shame to have this kind of company in the market who mislead the customers. I strongly discourage everyone to use ADT for their security because I do not know if my home is protected or not. Thaeu have not fixed my problem yet.

John Kreighbaum

February 21st, 2020 Royse City, TX

Bate and switch would best describe this company and their marketing. If you are drawn in by their pricing incentives and glitzy advertising while allowing them to send a technician to survey your needs, you are making a mistake. Never again will I have anything to do with ADT. This is a front to get a pressure sales person into your home to install a pricy system. Very misleading and expensive. Do not trust these people.

Jack Taylor

February 5th, 2020 Henderson, NV

We’ve had adt for two years but got roped into another 3 year contract when we were told we needed to upgrade our new system to a newer touch pad. We went ahead and did it but really regret the three year hook they got us with. Also, moving is too frustrating since they will not move any adt equipment regardless if it is brand new. We don’t quite trust this company and have not used them on our new home.

Seth

February 5th, 2020 Dallas, TX

From a price standpoint, it’s decently priced but they are not transparent over the phone about pricing. They lead you on to believe one thing and it ends up to be another. But like I said in the end it’s still decently priced for the products you receive.

J. Whelan

February 1st, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For the monthly price it's not that bad, but send out a rep or have to have your system repaired or upgraded, the bill is shocking! For the price I really wish we would have just put in ring security system with cameras. By the time my alarm goes off and I get a call from ADT, while I'm on vacation, and I tell them to go ahead and call it in I'm not home I could have looked at a ring security system and called my local police department. I am seriously rethinking my home security system. I'd recommend looking into other options for the price.

Zac Cannon

January 20th, 2020 Biloxi, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My parents and I used ADT for their home security for several years. It was a great system and not very buggy.

Jay Simon

January 14th, 2020 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

System installed. Not 28 per month but 57 Had a sensor fault two weeks after installation so system was not working but ADT did not come out to repair or check on it since it was a Saturday and then the burglars cut power and I was robbed the next day. ADT has been awful. Try and talk to a manger- good luck

Nick

January 12th, 2020 New Market, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

While i was deployed overseas, ADT Security Salesman convinced my wife that my current security system was no longer good and that the company had gone out of business. ADT then came in and took out a working security system and installed an ADT system and had my wife sign a 3 year contract. Right now i'm not sure i have any recourse.

roger

December 27th, 2019 Chesapeake, VA

not a good deal expensive sales man are contract sales people if u have wi fi blink sold at best by no monthly monitor charges

Eric Smith

November 8th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There are a lot of options to choose from which is great so that I could get what was best for our home and family situation. Customer service was great as well.

Brittany Wilkinson

November 8th, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I grew up with an ADT Alarm system. I always felt safe in our home. I love that the door alarm chimes whenever a door opens. It made me feel safe. Good customer service as well.

charles kelly

October 26th, 2019 Granite City, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

they were great when I had them just try to go somewhere else they'll charge you an extra three months and not beat an eye or send you to collections, poor business practice!!!!!!

Charles Q Vielhauer

October 1st, 2019 Lenexa, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT is misleading on cost. They tell you one price over the phone and then increase it after six months. Be prepared to be swindled if you go with ADT. Customer services is extremely poor as well.

Larry Curtis

September 21st, 2019 Hardin, MT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have to say that they really pissed me off by lying on the phone about the cost of and extent of the equipment provided. I was quoted a one time charge of $99 but I would then get a rebate of $100. The equipment was supposed to be free except for a $59 dollar monthly fee. When the installer came he kept insinuating that I had been given a credit of $1100 for extra equipment so I asked him about what that was and he said it just meant they were not going to charge me $1100 more for the equipment I already ordered, which was supposed to be free. Then in addition I was charged $860 for this same equipment. None of this extra cost was mentioned when I spoke with customer service. I don't know if this system is going to work. I feel it wont based upon the customer service and lies that were told to me, but now I am locked into a 3 yr. contract. Larry Curtis CAPT USPHS (ret.)

M.E.

August 27th, 2019 Summerdale, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Would not recommend to anyone. ADT is the Worst company ever! Horrible customer service!

Michael C Kallinick

August 27th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Looking for a new ADT system I reached SafestreetUSA. They were efficient in taking my order which included a smoke/co detector. On 10 August the installer arrived and was unable to install the smoke detector as he was not certified. I rebooked an appointment for 20 August, no installer showed, "there is no record of an appointment". Four phone calls later on 26 August, an appointment was made to install the smoke/co detector. "The earliest we can do this is 6 September", a month after the original installation. Every call is with a 5 minute hold time to check the account. In addition, I was inadvertently charged for three additional sensors. The original installer could not credit them because the office was closed. As of 26 August no refund has processed. Initially I was told the installer had refunded them, when I assured the agent the charge was still on my cared the story changed to, "the invoices don't match the charges". You will have to call the billing department. Believe me the level of speed and caring can only be matched by the VA system.

Kurt D. Music

August 23rd, 2019 Caledonia, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

WORST company ever!!! It was not explained that ADT and Safestreets are one and the same company. Didn't have an appointment and did not install within 24 hrs as noted in their advertisement to prospective customers. (Talk about FALSE advertisement!!!) Don't believe the "6 MOS Money Back Guarantee" from ADT" either!! they transfer you back to Safestreets when you try to cancel. They have Safestreets do their dirty work and explain that you CAN'T CANCEL and they will not Cancel your contract and account unless you make immediate payment of the 36 month contract in full (it's only been 7 days into the contract)...(Talk about SCAM and strong arm tactics!!!). I was charged $105 to my VISA by Safestreets the day I made the contract over the phone. Then the afternoon after install we received an e-mail and a charge for $552 to my Visa without a notice or breakout of charges from Safestreet? I received an additional charge of $98 to my Visa by ADT on 15 Aug the following day. I'm already out almost $800 after being erroneously or falsely informed that it would only be $99 dollar activation and $59 monthly. I tried to call ADT to cancel today and they refused to honor my request per their advertisement and stated that they had to have good reasons. I expressed my "dissatisfaction" and that their guarantee was "6 month - money back - "SATISFACTION GUARANTEED" . It was explained that the details of the agreement are "you must have 6 months of problems to be experienced and ADT have to have tried to satisfy your issues" in order for you to be eligible to request the money back guarantee. I am a dissatisfied customer I told ADT- "Steven" and demanded immediate cancellation and he kept stonewalling and put me on hold for quite a while then transferred me, without advising me of it, and I had a rep from Safestreets pick up the line and explain to me that Steven from ADT had given him a different story line from what "I", explained. I then told the Safestreets Rep that I want to cancel immediately. He advised me that I could not cancel and had signed a contract and that in order to cancel with Safestreets the 36 month contract balance would be immediately due to cancel and that the "6 Month Money Back Guarantee" was with ADT and not Safestreets! Talk about "Bait-and-Switch" Once again not aimed at customer service but at "SHAKEDOWN" of a Disabled Veteran. The customer service rep at Safestreets was totally respectful compared to ADT, but again who did I sign the contract with again??? The water is muddy and all I know is this Veteran is being cheated!!! Thinking through my next steps to let USAA know that this is the type of service or lack thereof and not to recommend ADT again and maybe contact the BB and to VA about the Soldier and Sailors Relief Act at the VA and DOJ to seek their assistance to resolve this matter.

Mad

August 19th, 2019 Canton, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Been an ADT customer for 10 plus years. They had issues with one of their towers and wanted to charge me $350 to "upgrade" the system and double my monthly monitoring. Horrible customer service.

Salma Ahmad

August 17th, 2019 Chesterfield, MO

I had bad experience with ADT, I got quote over the phone and they told me they will give me credit for all equipment and after technician came to my house he wanted to charge me extra for equipment, and monthly fees was not the same I had negotiated over the phone. He took out my previous security keypad on the wall and he cut some wires on my electric panel in spite of me telling him not to do it, just incase I did not accept his proposal today. He said he will connect them back. After I said no I don't want work with ADT he left to get something from his car to fix the holes he made in the wall and next thing I see he drove off. I still have to figure out how much damage he has done to the electric panel? He didn't fix my stuff and he left. I called ADT office but they were not helpful at all. I never suggest this company to any one .

Kevin Thompson

August 5th, 2019 Zanesville, OH

I had ADT for 11 years in St Petersburg,FL and I cancelled because they didn't want to put a new battery in the main keypad. The battery was odd and I couldn't find it anywhere. After another year I decided to move back to Ohio and they told me to leave the equipment behind I would get new. 2 weeks after I moved they sent me a bill for over $1300.00 so I called them and asked them what was it for and they told me for the equipment I left behind and for breaking the contract. They said if I didn't pay it it would go to collections. I didn't want that because I had a credit score of 820. I sent them a check and wrote in the memo line PAID IN FULL. They cashed the check then 2 weeks later they turned me into a credit collector. I got screwed and never got kissed, but I did call ADT and told them I would never use them again and I would tell anybody that was going to use them not to.

Tracy Wright

July 25th, 2019

Don't do business with this sham company! They make it impossible to cancel service!

Pinpointer9

July 23rd, 2019 South Jordan, UT

RUN DONT WALK!!!! run from ADT as fast as you can. I hate to see good people get scammed out of hard earned money. check your local security firms or any other reputable security co. Spent over ten thousand dollars on a commercial building and It is literally useless.

Linda

June 18th, 2019 Elizabethton, TN

My mother used ADT for many, many years and paid an unusually high monthly fee. (Her premiums did nothing but go up while new customers were given lower rates.) When she had a stroke followed by skilled nursing home care and death, I called to have the service discontinued. Did they express gratitude for her years of paying them or refuse to cancel until the request for put into writing, enabling them to get another one and 1/2 more months in payments? Bet you guessed correctly! I will never forgive them for being so hard hearted and money hungry and would never recommend them.

Brenda Barry

May 7th, 2019

ADT is unreal. I can't believe they are still in business and not been shut down. We have proof that they forged my husbands signature on how much time we signed up with them. Now that we bought a new home that won't be ready for six more months, and we will be living in our motor home while our house is being built. So they charged us a cancellation fee. We only signed for one year but they had this fake contract that said 3 years. We refused when they first said 3 years and they agreed to a one year contract. But they forged our signature for 3 years. We are turning in all the paperwork an d showing that you can't forge my husbands signature. It's one of a kind. So buyer beware, read everything and save copies. They are the most dishonest company I've ever dealt with. They need to be shut down. I am an Author and plan to write to every agency I can to keep from anyone else going through what we are. My husband is a disabled vet and they didn't even care about that. Horrible.

GERALD

April 18th, 2019 Sandy, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Never installed all equipment promised. Had them intall systems on both my home and business, haven't been able to set my business alarm once since it's been installed. System errors popped up the first day they installed it and they haven't been back to fix it. They fired the sales rep who promised a Nest system in both my home and business and also promised three cameras on both my home and business, only two have been installed at my home and business. I'm still waiting for my third camera at my home and office. Did I mention they drilled a hole in the wrong place on my brand new home and did an a very unnacceptable repair! I told them to give me my equipment or come pick theirs up, they only threated to come after me for breach of contract, lol! Wow, I'm in breach of contract, what a joke!

Juan Carlos Hernandez

April 16th, 2019 Seattle, WA

This is THE MOST useless service ever. I did get the service in November, one of the cameras stop working on a few days after it was INSTALLED, THEN DOOR SENSOR FROM TWO ENTRY FELT ON THE FLOOR. COSTUMER SERVICE SAID THAT I HAVE TO PAY 25 DOLLAR TO HAVE A TECHNICIAN COMING TO FIX IT. THIS IS RIP-OFF STAY AWAY. THIS IS THE MOST HORRIBLE SERVICE

khosro Safari

March 22nd, 2019 Katy, TX

I had bad experience with ADT, I got quote over the phone and they told me they will give me credit for all equipment and after technician came in my house he want to charge me extra for equipment and he take out my previous security keypad on the wall and he cut wire for my air conditioner after I said no I don't want work with ADT and he didn't fix my stuff and he left. I paid $300 to electrician to come and fix those thing he misstep. I never suggest this company to any one .

Unhappy-D

March 13th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wish there was less than 1 rating star. ADT was a nightmare for us. Their service was terrible, so we cancelled service, removed the equipment over 5 years ago. Just learned that they have been charging my credit card for the past 5 years anyway. I called to address the issue, and they conveniently lost all records of the cancellation and refused to refund over $3,000.00 in overcharges. They acknowledged that the equipment had not been active for over 5 years and that they knew and have records on it, but they unashamedly continued to charge and now refuse to refund any money. It's just bad business, no integrity, and complete disregard to customers.

Ann Smith

March 13th, 2019 Dallas, OR

ADT customer service is a joke. I live in North West Oregon. When the light to indicate a battery needed changing I was told it was the garage door and they would send be the battery and how to change instructions. The battery they sent was not the garage door battery nor was the garage door the battery that needed changing. It took seven calls to get the right battery for the right door sensor. I had to change the battery myself or pay $107. for someone to come and do it for me. The company I was with in Southern Oregon before moving here would come to the house free of charge and take care of the system. Unfortunately they do service this far North.

Kurt

March 10th, 2019 Somerset, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have an ADT alarm system with 2 cameras, glass breakage for the basement, sensors on all first floor doors and windows as well as motion and fire alarms. It has been installed for about 18 months. The system has always worked great and when an unlatched door to the garage blew open we received a text right away and were able to respond by phone remotely. Our camera was accessible by cell phone app and we determined no one had approached the door it was only wind. The only problem I had with safe streets is last month I received an email that my fees were going up. I called and told them my contract has a set price and raising my fees voids the contract per the contract. I was then informed my rates would remain the same for the remainder of the contract. Had I not called I would have paid about $4 a month mor for 18 months.

Jeffrey Allen

January 20th, 2019 East Orange, NJ

be careful I signed a one year contract with them last December. I called to inquire about said and was told my contract was not up until Dec 2020. They are adding years to their customers contracts. I have since logged a complaint with Consumer affairs , just awaiting their findings. I also noticed on their complaint site that I am not the only one they tried to get with this Fraudulent scam. there was another lady who called to find out that her three year contract had ballooned to five years. they are Con artists, and I will do everything in my power to expose them. this is just the beginning. I will go to every site, including my face book and twitter page. please be sure to keep you copies, which I did. I am hoping to get them in court for fraud. that is my next step. BUYER BEWARE

Madalyn Johnson

January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used them for my home security for years and have been very happy with them. If i ever have an issue, they are always quick to respond and fix the issue.

SYED JAMALI

January 14th, 2019 Sugar Land, TX

I said do not go with ADT they are big liar, be honest from the day first 12/17/2018 I installed ADT till to day(01/13/2019) calling and complaining about their services, falsification statement from technician came at my home he said that my monthly billing should be down from $ 49.00 to $ 45.00 second he said that he gave me extra $ 300.00 gift card and I will be revived total $ 400.00 gift card, third he said that if I installed carbon monoxide smoke detector my home insurance company AAA gave me $ 15.00 discount every month which I did not get none of one yet and calling ADT customer service and they support their dealer not me please make sure if you want ADT before they came at your home record their conversation what they said to you and after that what you got? Second make sure that ADT company representative came your home to install home security system not their dealer believe me, you pissed off and snatching your hair he take almost 5.30 hours to install the system he is totally untrained and unprofessional and big liar oh I for got to add and told me one more thing I am still struggling to get my remote key less entry and I never received my remote yet and none of ADT customer service call me back even I called too many times so I learned one thing which is "DO NOT GO WITH THE COST GO FOR QUALITY AND AFTER SALES SERVICE"

Kymberlee Yack

January 3rd, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm such a freak about home security, i'm so picky when it comes to my house! but safe streets usa has been wonderful. everything i've wanted they've helped me get and with great pricing as well!

James M Brittain

December 8th, 2018 Connelly Springs, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT has poor service, tec, that the call them don't know what they are doing .the alarm are sorry the beep all the time, the panel says carbon monoxide in hall fire department has to come out to check, after standing outside in the cold for 30mln, no gas. spend 4 to 5 hours trying to reach adt. finally get one of the tec. they have me to take ever thing apart . they say batteries are bad .i check batteries, battery good. finally the bad tec. says they will have to send a service person to me a week from today. and will charge me 25.00 fees. poor service, poor equipment. save money and get a shotgun

Stacey Stokes

November 16th, 2018 Wilmington, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DON"T DO IT. Please. I cancelled within the three days and even the cancellation process was aggravating and tedious. I had to print out the cancellation page of my contract that they emailed me. The do not give you a paper copy of the contract they make you sign on an iPad. On Monday 11/12/2018 the installer told me I could call and cancel within 3 days. He did not inform me that I will have to print out a paper and fax it. ADT can hold me liable to an contract that they emailed me, but I cant email them a cancellation notice? That is a scam to inconvenience customers. I called the tech department on 11/14/2018 because my system nor app was working properly. During the three day trial period, my system never worked properly even though they were already charging me monitoring fees. Today, Wednesday 11/15/2018 I even had a technician come to my house because it wasn't working. He did not make sure everything was working. He told me that he fixed everything and that it should all work within 20 minutes. He left. My system was still offline and never worked after he left. Little did I know, my service provider was not ADT. ADT uses third party vendors, so I was really provided services from Defenders and ADT. So, I had to explain why I wanted to cancel to ADT then they transferred me to Defenders. I stayed on hold for 10 minutes. As soon as the representative from Defenders picked up the phone there was static. She said, "Call us back I can't hear you. There's too much noise on the phone." Then she hung up. I had to call ADT again and be transferred to Defenders again. So, at that point, dedicated more than 10 hours of my life to ADT/Defenders. The installers were at my house from 9 am to 3 pm. I spend 2 hours on the phone with the tech departments trying to get the system working. A technician came to my house today for about 30 minutes. I had also spend another hour and half trying to cancel my service. So naturally after spending 10 hours on a service that did NOT ever function properly and also after paying $85 for monitoring, $99 for installation, and $750 for an upsale equipment charge (the initial upsale the rep tried to pin on me was $5,000), I was aggravated. Well, to top of the horrible experience, I get THELMA. Why? Why? Thelma was the one who told me that I had to print out an email and fax it in order to cancel. Thelma couldn't seem to understand why I was upset. She kept telling me to stop yelling even though I wasn't yelling I was just talking over her because she never stopped talking. She was one of the typical rude, power-hungry customer service representatives. She told me that she was rude to me because I was rude to her and that I need to treat others how I want to be treated. I asked her if she had given me more than $900 of her money and if she had wasted 10 hours of her life trying to fix a service I was supposed to provide. She said, "no." She told me that it wasn't her fault the system didn't work. I told her that this is not a friendship or a relationship. I am a paying customer who has had a horrible experience and any adult with logical reasoning and business integrity would know how to communicate with such a customer. Not Thelma. Anyways, for brevity's sake, I'll conclude my review. Do not get the service. Do not believe that all you have to do is call within 3 days to cancel. The panel is old-looking (not touch screen like other more modern systems, the camera quality is poor with no sound and two-way communication, and the Zwave modem will give you problems. Just go with Vivint.com. Their package is more economical, innovative, modern, and digital. Also, their monitoring fee is cheaper for the same services. In addition, they offer a no contract plan if you pay for the equipment up front. If you can't pay for the equipment upfront, the monthly fees are so cheap and then you'll have a contract. The equipment is cheap enough that you can pay it upfront if you want. ADT's equipment fees are like double the charges of Vivint. Do not make the mistake I made.

Arleen Moncalieri

November 15th, 2018 Rancho Cordova, CA

DON'T BOTHER GETTING ADT SERVICE. i was going to change my security service to a different company; however an ADT representative from their Cancellation Department called and asked why I was discontinuing service. When I explained the new company I had chosen had much better service, better cameras and a lower monthly fee, the representative said he could match what I wanted and offered me the same deal on my monthly bill as the other company had and also give me an upgrade on my current service/equipment at no cost. It seemed reasonable and, unfortunately, I presumed the representative was honest in his offer as ADT was reportedly a reputable company. On the day the tech arrived to install the service upgrade, I ended up paying an "upgrade" charge for the new and supposedly "improved" equipment and signed a new 2-year contract. The 2-year contract, I was aware of but that was the only thing the Cancellation Department representative was forthcoming about even after I had questioned him several times about any additional costs that were applicable. Regardless of the offer made, I am now stuck with dealing with ADT's outmoded equipment, policy and deceptive representatives. All this came to the forefront because I recently had a problem with ADT equipment. When I called ADT, I was told that the problem required a repairman to come to the house to fix the situation and it would cost over $100 plus "X" amount of dollars per 15 minutes When I asked why there would be a charge as there previously never was a charge involved with any problem with the system, I was informed that I had cancelled my ADT in-home repair plan whereupon I told her I had not cancelled the plan. Then she changed the reason to the fact that because I had received a lower monthly rate, the repair plan had been cancelled, (Before the upgrade, I had a repair plan, which was included in the installation fee, but I had also been unknowingly paying $7 per month for that plan from initial installation.) The representative said I could still opt to get the in-home repair plan now but would have to buy the plan again for over $100 and still pay an additional $7 per month to have this service plan reinstated. However, the current problem I am experiencing wouldn't be covered and would still cost me over $100 to have it fixed via an in-home service repair even if I signed up for the "plan" today! When I asked if I could speak with a person at a higherADT level to discuss my situation, I was told that it was not possible. - there wasn't any phone number or person to contact that would be available regarding my complaint about misrepresentation and nondisclosure of reduced services, which was applicable to my current contract. The ADT transmitter in my house is inoperative and, in my opinion, it's possibly defective because of its age. However, I am no longer on their repair plan, which was discretely dissolved when my monthly payment was lowered, and unless I spend additional money to reinstate via a "repair plan", I cannot even contact ADT via the installed voice panel if an emergency occurs. So now, ADT no longer monitors my house for break-ins, fire, other serious problems,, etc. , especially if the police are needed and all because of their equipment failure. However, I still have to pay their monthly fee for services I am not getting. This situation occurred because ADT INITIALLY FAILED to give me important, up-front information about dissolution of the "repair plan" so I could make an informed decision about their offer to upgrade and lower my monthly rate in lieu of going with another company's security service. My advice is.......DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ADT.......ESSENTIALLY, ADT DOES NOT HAVE UP-TO-DATE EQUIPMENT COMPARED TO THE EQUIPMENT OTHER COMPANIES OFFER AND ADT POLICIES ARE NOT OPENLY OR CLEARLY IDENTIFIED . As often said, "Buyer Beware"

S. Son

October 30th, 2018 West Lafayette, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lied to about warranty -- requires an extra visit fee. Lied to about the Ring doorbell. Requires a separate fee. Terrible install.

Judy Brennan

September 26th, 2018 Hopatcong, NJ

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. ADT (AND DEFENDERS -ADT QUOTES YOU ONE PRICE, COME NAD PUT HOLE IN YOUR WALL AND THEN TELL YOU ANOTHER PRICE. THEN THEY WILL NOT LET YOU SPEAK TO A MANAGER. YOU HAVE TO CALL A GENERAL CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER (CINDY IN IN), WHO SAYS YOU NO LONGER HAVE AN ACCOUNT SINCE I DID NOT LET THEM FINISH INSTALLING SO I CANNOT TALK TO A MANAGER. I NEED TO GET AN ESTIMATE FOR THE WALL , E-MAIL AN ADDRESS WITH ATTACHED PHOTOS AND MAYBE THEY WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE WHOLE IN MY WALL. BEWARE STAY AWAY- TOTAL SCAM!!!!!!!

Brian Dodson

September 22nd, 2018 Ringgold, GA

ADT is a dishonest company that gives quotes for services that are not accurate. Unfortunately by the time you realize their deceptiveness your three days to cancel is up. After several calls to ADT they put the blame on a company out of Alabama called Defenders. The Defenders had on ADT shirts.??? After I realized ADT had no intention of honoring their original quote I declared how unsatisfied I was with their company. Their reply was "I'm sorry." AGREED! It is a scam if they knock on your door do not answer. I am giving 1 star because the technician that installed our alarm was a nice guy.