SafeStreets USA is one of ADT Home Security's oldest authorized dealers and only offers ADT equipment. The company currently offers five different professionally installed security systems which range from $36.99 per month to $62.99 per month depending on how much coverage you need. SafeStreets USA also offers a $28.99 per month package, but this is not advertised. All the equipment needed for your chosen service is included in the plan pricing; however, the company does charge extra for upgrade options such as a touchscreen keypad, etc. There are additional charges depending on the type of monitoring you choose as well, which is standard practice in the industry. One of the things we like about SafeStreets USA is its century-long tenure of providing monitoring services to safe homes and businesses alike.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Next-Day Installations Available
  • Home Security and Home Automation Options
  • Wide Variety of Available Plans
  • Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring
  • Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

Next-Day Installations Available

SafeStreets USA offers quick alarm installations with next-day service, sooner in some cases, once you've signed your contract. SafeStreets representatives are ADT authorized installers.

Home Security and Home Automation Options

SafeStreets USA offers home security as well as home automation options such as video security and remote lights.

Wide Variety of Available Plans

With a wide variety of plans and available equipment and as an ADT authorized dealer, you can be sure you have everything you want and need in an alarm system.

Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring

Additionally, SafeStreets USA doesn't charge for their alarm systems if you're a new customer; however, you do have to pay $99 for the installation and sign up for monitoring to receive that offer.

Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

And if you like convenience, you will love the ADT Pulse Voice App that allows you to use the voice-control function to interact with your system. This enables you to turn on the lights, thermostat, door locks, security systems and more from any mobile device.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract Required
  • Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation
  • No Live Chat Feature

36-Month Contract Required

Unfortunately, SafeStreets USA requires a 36-month contract, which is a long time if you become dissatisfied with their services. Furthermore, there is a long list of complaints stating the company isn't upfront about posting the terms of their contract including the length or the fact that their company is actually SafeStreets USA and not ADT. With that being said, a 36-month contract is still short by industry standards.

Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation

If you want to cancel your alarm service prior to your 36-month contract expiring, you will have to pay 75 percent of the remaining balance. This is something that should be noted because other companies require you to pay less than 75 percent of the balance when you cancel early.

No Live Chat Feature

SafeStreets USA does not offer a live chat feature, which is inconvenient and archaic especially in this day and age. Couple that with the fact that many customers comment on the poor customer service experiences, you can pretty much expect the same should you opt for its services.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

SafeStreets USA offers a wide variety of plan options and doesn't charge for equipment, but the cancellation policy and installation fees might be problematic for some. Therefore, there are pros and cons associated with this ADT authorized dealer, but overall, SafeStreets USA appears to be a reliable and trustworthy home security dealer. Read SafeStreets USA reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.8

Eric Smith
November 11th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

There are a lot of options to choose from which is great so that I could get what was best for our home and family situation. Customer service was great as well.

Brittany Wilkinson
November 11th, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS

I grew up with an ADT Alarm system. I always felt safe in our home. I love that the door alarm chimes whenever a door opens. It made me feel safe. Good customer service as well.

charles kelly
October 28th, 2019 Granite City, IL DETAILS

they were great when I had them just try to go somewhere else they'll charge you an extra three months and not beat an eye or send you to collections, poor business practice!!!!!!

Charles Q Vielhauer
October 2nd, 2019 Lenexa, KS DETAILS

ADT is misleading on cost. They tell you one price over the phone and then increase it after six months. Be prepared to be swindled if you go with ADT. Customer services is extremely poor as well.

Larry Curtis
September 23rd, 2019 Hardin, MT DETAILS

I have to say that they really pissed me off by lying on the phone about the cost of and extent of the equipment provided. I was quoted a one time charge of $99 but I would then get a rebate of $100. The equipment was supposed to be free except for a $59 dollar monthly fee. When the installer came he kept insinuating that I had been given a credit of $1100 for extra equipment so I asked him about what that was and he said it just meant they were not going to charge me $1100 more for the equipment I already ordered, which was supposed to be free. Then in addition I was charged $860 for this same equipment. None of this extra cost was mentioned when I spoke with customer service. I don't know if this system is going to work. I feel it wont based upon the customer service and lies that were told to me, but now I am locked into a 3 yr. contract. Larry Curtis CAPT USPHS (ret.)

M.E.
August 28th, 2019 Summerdale, AL DETAILS

Would not recommend to anyone. ADT is the Worst company ever! Horrible customer service!

Michael C Kallinick
August 27th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS

Looking for a new ADT system I reached SafestreetUSA. They were efficient in taking my order which included a smoke/co detector. On 10 August the installer arrived and was unable to install the smoke detector as he was not certified. I rebooked an appointment for 20 August, no installer showed, "there is no record of an appointment". Four phone calls later on 26 August, an appointment was made to install the smoke/co detector. "The earliest we can do this is 6 September", a month after the original installation. Every call is with a 5 minute hold time to check the account. In addition, I was inadvertently charged for three additional sensors. The original installer could not credit them because the office was closed. As of 26 August no refund has processed. Initially I was told the installer had refunded them, when I assured the agent the charge was still on my cared the story changed to, "the invoices don't match the charges". You will have to call the billing department. Believe me the level of speed and caring can only be matched by the VA system.

Kurt D. Music
August 26th, 2019 Caledonia, MS DETAILS

WORST company ever!!! It was not explained that ADT and Safestreets are one and the same company. Didn't have an appointment and did not install within 24 hrs as noted in their advertisement to prospective customers. (Talk about FALSE advertisement!!!) Don't believe the "6 MOS Money Back Guarantee" from ADT" either!! they transfer you back to Safestreets when you try to cancel. They have Safestreets do their dirty work and explain that you CAN'T CANCEL and they will not Cancel your contract and account unless you make immediate payment of the 36 month contract in full (it's only been 7 days into the contract)...(Talk about SCAM and strong arm tactics!!!). I was charged $105 to my VISA by Safestreets the day I made the contract over the phone. Then the afternoon after install we received an e-mail and a charge for $552 to my Visa without a notice or breakout of charges from Safestreet? I received an additional charge of $98 to my Visa by ADT on 15 Aug the following day. I'm already out almost $800 after being erroneously or falsely informed that it would only be $99 dollar activation and $59 monthly. I tried to call ADT to cancel today and they refused to honor my request per their advertisement and stated that they had to have good reasons. I expressed my "dissatisfaction" and that their guarantee was "6 month - money back - "SATISFACTION GUARANTEED" . It was explained that the details of the agreement are "you must have 6 months of problems to be experienced and ADT have to have tried to satisfy your issues" in order for you to be eligible to request the money back guarantee. I am a dissatisfied customer I told ADT- "Steven" and demanded immediate cancellation and he kept stonewalling and put me on hold for quite a while then transferred me, without advising me of it, and I had a rep from Safestreets pick up the line and explain to me that Steven from ADT had given him a different story line from what "I", explained. I then told the Safestreets Rep that I want to cancel immediately. He advised me that I could not cancel and had signed a contract and that in order to cancel with Safestreets the 36 month contract balance would be immediately due to cancel and that the "6 Month Money Back Guarantee" was with ADT and not Safestreets! Talk about "Bait-and-Switch" Once again not aimed at customer service but at "SHAKEDOWN" of a Disabled Veteran. The customer service rep at Safestreets was totally respectful compared to ADT, but again who did I sign the contract with again??? The water is muddy and all I know is this Veteran is being cheated!!! Thinking through my next steps to let USAA know that this is the type of service or lack thereof and not to recommend ADT again and maybe contact the BB and to VA about the Soldier and Sailors Relief Act at the VA and DOJ to seek their assistance to resolve this matter.

Mad
August 20th, 2019 Canton, GA DETAILS

Been an ADT customer for 10 plus years. They had issues with one of their towers and wanted to charge me $350 to "upgrade" the system and double my monthly monitoring. Horrible customer service.

Salma Ahmad
August 19th, 2019 Chesterfield, MO

I had bad experience with ADT, I got quote over the phone and they told me they will give me credit for all equipment and after technician came to my house he wanted to charge me extra for equipment, and monthly fees was not the same I had negotiated over the phone. He took out my previous security keypad on the wall and he cut some wires on my electric panel in spite of me telling him not to do it, just incase I did not accept his proposal today. He said he will connect them back. After I said no I don't want work with ADT he left to get something from his car to fix the holes he made in the wall and next thing I see he drove off. I still have to figure out how much damage he has done to the electric panel? He didn't fix my stuff and he left. I called ADT office but they were not helpful at all. I never suggest this company to any one .

Kevin Thompson
August 6th, 2019 Zanesville, OH

I had ADT for 11 years in St Petersburg,FL and I cancelled because they didn't want to put a new battery in the main keypad. The battery was odd and I couldn't find it anywhere. After another year I decided to move back to Ohio and they told me to leave the equipment behind I would get new. 2 weeks after I moved they sent me a bill for over $1300.00 so I called them and asked them what was it for and they told me for the equipment I left behind and for breaking the contract. They said if I didn't pay it it would go to collections. I didn't want that because I had a credit score of 820. I sent them a check and wrote in the memo line PAID IN FULL. They cashed the check then 2 weeks later they turned me into a credit collector. I got screwed and never got kissed, but I did call ADT and told them I would never use them again and I would tell anybody that was going to use them not to.

Tracy Wright
July 25th, 2019

Don't do business with this sham company! They make it impossible to cancel service!

Pinpointer9
July 24th, 2019 South Jordan, UT

RUN DONT WALK!!!! run from ADT as fast as you can. I hate to see good people get scammed out of hard earned money. check your local security firms or any other reputable security co. Spent over ten thousand dollars on a commercial building and It is literally useless.

Linda
June 19th, 2019 Elizabethton, TN

My mother used ADT for many, many years and paid an unusually high monthly fee. (Her premiums did nothing but go up while new customers were given lower rates.) When she had a stroke followed by skilled nursing home care and death, I called to have the service discontinued. Did they express gratitude for her years of paying them or refuse to cancel until the request for put into writing, enabling them to get another one and 1/2 more months in payments? Bet you guessed correctly! I will never forgive them for being so hard hearted and money hungry and would never recommend them.

Brenda Barry
May 8th, 2019

ADT is unreal. I can't believe they are still in business and not been shut down. We have proof that they forged my husbands signature on how much time we signed up with them. Now that we bought a new home that won't be ready for six more months, and we will be living in our motor home while our house is being built. So they charged us a cancellation fee. We only signed for one year but they had this fake contract that said 3 years. We refused when they first said 3 years and they agreed to a one year contract. But they forged our signature for 3 years. We are turning in all the paperwork an d showing that you can't forge my husbands signature. It's one of a kind. So buyer beware, read everything and save copies. They are the most dishonest company I've ever dealt with. They need to be shut down. I am an Author and plan to write to every agency I can to keep from anyone else going through what we are. My husband is a disabled vet and they didn't even care about that. Horrible.

GERALD
April 19th, 2019 Sandy, TX DETAILS

Never installed all equipment promised. Had them intall systems on both my home and business, haven't been able to set my business alarm once since it's been installed. System errors popped up the first day they installed it and they haven't been back to fix it. They fired the sales rep who promised a Nest system in both my home and business and also promised three cameras on both my home and business, only two have been installed at my home and business. I'm still waiting for my third camera at my home and office. Did I mention they drilled a hole in the wrong place on my brand new home and did an a very unnacceptable repair! I told them to give me my equipment or come pick theirs up, they only threated to come after me for breach of contract, lol! Wow, I'm in breach of contract, what a joke!

Juan Carlos Hernandez
April 16th, 2019 Seattle, WA

This is THE MOST useless service ever. I did get the service in November, one of the cameras stop working on a few days after it was INSTALLED, THEN DOOR SENSOR FROM TWO ENTRY FELT ON THE FLOOR. COSTUMER SERVICE SAID THAT I HAVE TO PAY 25 DOLLAR TO HAVE A TECHNICIAN COMING TO FIX IT. THIS IS RIP-OFF STAY AWAY. THIS IS THE MOST HORRIBLE SERVICE

khosro Safari
March 22nd, 2019 Katy, TX

I had bad experience with ADT, I got quote over the phone and they told me they will give me credit for all equipment and after technician came in my house he want to charge me extra for equipment and he take out my previous security keypad on the wall and he cut wire for my air conditioner after I said no I don't want work with ADT and he didn't fix my stuff and he left. I paid $300 to electrician to come and fix those thing he misstep. I never suggest this company to any one .

Unhappy-D
March 14th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

Wish there was less than 1 rating star. ADT was a nightmare for us. Their service was terrible, so we cancelled service, removed the equipment over 5 years ago. Just learned that they have been charging my credit card for the past 5 years anyway. I called to address the issue, and they conveniently lost all records of the cancellation and refused to refund over $3,000.00 in overcharges. They acknowledged that the equipment had not been active for over 5 years and that they knew and have records on it, but they unashamedly continued to charge and now refuse to refund any money. It's just bad business, no integrity, and complete disregard to customers.

Ann Smith
March 13th, 2019 Dallas, OR

ADT customer service is a joke. I live in North West Oregon. When the light to indicate a battery needed changing I was told it was the garage door and they would send be the battery and how to change instructions. The battery they sent was not the garage door battery nor was the garage door the battery that needed changing. It took seven calls to get the right battery for the right door sensor. I had to change the battery myself or pay $107. for someone to come and do it for me. The company I was with in Southern Oregon before moving here would come to the house free of charge and take care of the system. Unfortunately they do service this far North.

Kurt
March 11th, 2019 Somerset, OH DETAILS

I have an ADT alarm system with 2 cameras, glass breakage for the basement, sensors on all first floor doors and windows as well as motion and fire alarms. It has been installed for about 18 months. The system has always worked great and when an unlatched door to the garage blew open we received a text right away and were able to respond by phone remotely. Our camera was accessible by cell phone app and we determined no one had approached the door it was only wind. The only problem I had with safe streets is last month I received an email that my fees were going up. I called and told them my contract has a set price and raising my fees voids the contract per the contract. I was then informed my rates would remain the same for the remainder of the contract. Had I not called I would have paid about $4 a month mor for 18 months.

Jeffrey Allen
January 22nd, 2019 East Orange, NJ

be careful I signed a one year contract with them last December. I called to inquire about said and was told my contract was not up until Dec 2020. They are adding years to their customers contracts. I have since logged a complaint with Consumer affairs , just awaiting their findings. I also noticed on their complaint site that I am not the only one they tried to get with this Fraudulent scam. there was another lady who called to find out that her three year contract had ballooned to five years. they are Con artists, and I will do everything in my power to expose them. this is just the beginning. I will go to every site, including my face book and twitter page. please be sure to keep you copies, which I did. I am hoping to get them in court for fraud. that is my next step. BUYER BEWARE

Madalyn Johnson
January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I have used them for my home security for years and have been very happy with them. If i ever have an issue, they are always quick to respond and fix the issue.

SYED JAMALI
January 14th, 2019 Sugar Land, TX

I said do not go with ADT they are big liar, be honest from the day first 12/17/2018 I installed ADT till to day(01/13/2019) calling and complaining about their services, falsification statement from technician came at my home he said that my monthly billing should be down from $ 49.00 to $ 45.00 second he said that he gave me extra $ 300.00 gift card and I will be revived total $ 400.00 gift card, third he said that if I installed carbon monoxide smoke detector my home insurance company AAA gave me $ 15.00 discount every month which I did not get none of one yet and calling ADT customer service and they support their dealer not me please make sure if you want ADT before they came at your home record their conversation what they said to you and after that what you got? Second make sure that ADT company representative came your home to install home security system not their dealer believe me, you pissed off and snatching your hair he take almost 5.30 hours to install the system he is totally untrained and unprofessional and big liar oh I for got to add and told me one more thing I am still struggling to get my remote key less entry and I never received my remote yet and none of ADT customer service call me back even I called too many times so I learned one thing which is "DO NOT GO WITH THE COST GO FOR QUALITY AND AFTER SALES SERVICE"

Kymberlee Yack
January 3rd, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I'm such a freak about home security, i'm so picky when it comes to my house! but safe streets usa has been wonderful. everything i've wanted they've helped me get and with great pricing as well!

James M Brittain
December 13th, 2018 Connelly Springs, NC DETAILS

ADT has poor service, tec, that the call them don't know what they are doing .the alarm are sorry the beep all the time, the panel says carbon monoxide in hall fire department has to come out to check, after standing outside in the cold for 30mln, no gas. spend 4 to 5 hours trying to reach adt. finally get one of the tec. they have me to take ever thing apart . they say batteries are bad .i check batteries, battery good. finally the bad tec. says they will have to send a service person to me a week from today. and will charge me 25.00 fees. poor service, poor equipment. save money and get a shotgun

Arleen Moncalieri
November 16th, 2018 Rancho Cordova, CA

DON'T BOTHER GETTING ADT SERVICE. i was going to change my security service to a different company; however an ADT representative from their Cancellation Department called and asked why I was discontinuing service. When I explained the new company I had chosen had much better service, better cameras and a lower monthly fee, the representative said he could match what I wanted and offered me the same deal on my monthly bill as the other company had and also give me an upgrade on my current service/equipment at no cost. It seemed reasonable and, unfortunately, I presumed the representative was honest in his offer as ADT was reportedly a reputable company. On the day the tech arrived to install the service upgrade, I ended up paying an "upgrade" charge for the new and supposedly "improved" equipment and signed a new 2-year contract. The 2-year contract, I was aware of but that was the only thing the Cancellation Department representative was forthcoming about even after I had questioned him several times about any additional costs that were applicable. Regardless of the offer made, I am now stuck with dealing with ADT's outmoded equipment, policy and deceptive representatives. All this came to the forefront because I recently had a problem with ADT equipment. When I called ADT, I was told that the problem required a repairman to come to the house to fix the situation and it would cost over $100 plus "X" amount of dollars per 15 minutes When I asked why there would be a charge as there previously never was a charge involved with any problem with the system, I was informed that I had cancelled my ADT in-home repair plan whereupon I told her I had not cancelled the plan. Then she changed the reason to the fact that because I had received a lower monthly rate, the repair plan had been cancelled, (Before the upgrade, I had a repair plan, which was included in the installation fee, but I had also been unknowingly paying $7 per month for that plan from initial installation.) The representative said I could still opt to get the in-home repair plan now but would have to buy the plan again for over $100 and still pay an additional $7 per month to have this service plan reinstated. However, the current problem I am experiencing wouldn't be covered and would still cost me over $100 to have it fixed via an in-home service repair even if I signed up for the "plan" today! When I asked if I could speak with a person at a higherADT level to discuss my situation, I was told that it was not possible. - there wasn't any phone number or person to contact that would be available regarding my complaint about misrepresentation and nondisclosure of reduced services, which was applicable to my current contract. The ADT transmitter in my house is inoperative and, in my opinion, it's possibly defective because of its age. However, I am no longer on their repair plan, which was discretely dissolved when my monthly payment was lowered, and unless I spend additional money to reinstate via a "repair plan", I cannot even contact ADT via the installed voice panel if an emergency occurs. So now, ADT no longer monitors my house for break-ins, fire, other serious problems,, etc. , especially if the police are needed and all because of their equipment failure. However, I still have to pay their monthly fee for services I am not getting. This situation occurred because ADT INITIALLY FAILED to give me important, up-front information about dissolution of the "repair plan" so I could make an informed decision about their offer to upgrade and lower my monthly rate in lieu of going with another company's security service. My advice is.......DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ADT.......ESSENTIALLY, ADT DOES NOT HAVE UP-TO-DATE EQUIPMENT COMPARED TO THE EQUIPMENT OTHER COMPANIES OFFER AND ADT POLICIES ARE NOT OPENLY OR CLEARLY IDENTIFIED . As often said, "Buyer Beware"

Stacey Stokes
November 16th, 2018 Wilmington, DE DETAILS

DON"T DO IT. Please. I cancelled within the three days and even the cancellation process was aggravating and tedious. I had to print out the cancellation page of my contract that they emailed me. The do not give you a paper copy of the contract they make you sign on an iPad. On Monday 11/12/2018 the installer told me I could call and cancel within 3 days. He did not inform me that I will have to print out a paper and fax it. ADT can hold me liable to an contract that they emailed me, but I cant email them a cancellation notice? That is a scam to inconvenience customers. I called the tech department on 11/14/2018 because my system nor app was working properly. During the three day trial period, my system never worked properly even though they were already charging me monitoring fees. Today, Wednesday 11/15/2018 I even had a technician come to my house because it wasn't working. He did not make sure everything was working. He told me that he fixed everything and that it should all work within 20 minutes. He left. My system was still offline and never worked after he left. Little did I know, my service provider was not ADT. ADT uses third party vendors, so I was really provided services from Defenders and ADT. So, I had to explain why I wanted to cancel to ADT then they transferred me to Defenders. I stayed on hold for 10 minutes. As soon as the representative from Defenders picked up the phone there was static. She said, "Call us back I can't hear you. There's too much noise on the phone." Then she hung up. I had to call ADT again and be transferred to Defenders again. So, at that point, dedicated more than 10 hours of my life to ADT/Defenders. The installers were at my house from 9 am to 3 pm. I spend 2 hours on the phone with the tech departments trying to get the system working. A technician came to my house today for about 30 minutes. I had also spend another hour and half trying to cancel my service. So naturally after spending 10 hours on a service that did NOT ever function properly and also after paying $85 for monitoring, $99 for installation, and $750 for an upsale equipment charge (the initial upsale the rep tried to pin on me was $5,000), I was aggravated. Well, to top of the horrible experience, I get THELMA. Why? Why? Thelma was the one who told me that I had to print out an email and fax it in order to cancel. Thelma couldn't seem to understand why I was upset. She kept telling me to stop yelling even though I wasn't yelling I was just talking over her because she never stopped talking. She was one of the typical rude, power-hungry customer service representatives. She told me that she was rude to me because I was rude to her and that I need to treat others how I want to be treated. I asked her if she had given me more than $900 of her money and if she had wasted 10 hours of her life trying to fix a service I was supposed to provide. She said, "no." She told me that it wasn't her fault the system didn't work. I told her that this is not a friendship or a relationship. I am a paying customer who has had a horrible experience and any adult with logical reasoning and business integrity would know how to communicate with such a customer. Not Thelma. Anyways, for brevity's sake, I'll conclude my review. Do not get the service. Do not believe that all you have to do is call within 3 days to cancel. The panel is old-looking (not touch screen like other more modern systems, the camera quality is poor with no sound and two-way communication, and the Zwave modem will give you problems. Just go with Vivint.com. Their package is more economical, innovative, modern, and digital. Also, their monitoring fee is cheaper for the same services. In addition, they offer a no contract plan if you pay for the equipment up front. If you can't pay for the equipment upfront, the monthly fees are so cheap and then you'll have a contract. The equipment is cheap enough that you can pay it upfront if you want. ADT's equipment fees are like double the charges of Vivint. Do not make the mistake I made.

S. Son
October 30th, 2018 West Lafayette, IN DETAILS

Lied to about warranty -- requires an extra visit fee. Lied to about the Ring doorbell. Requires a separate fee. Terrible install.

Judy Brennan
September 27th, 2018 Hopatcong, NJ

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. ADT (AND DEFENDERS -ADT QUOTES YOU ONE PRICE, COME NAD PUT HOLE IN YOUR WALL AND THEN TELL YOU ANOTHER PRICE. THEN THEY WILL NOT LET YOU SPEAK TO A MANAGER. YOU HAVE TO CALL A GENERAL CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER (CINDY IN IN), WHO SAYS YOU NO LONGER HAVE AN ACCOUNT SINCE I DID NOT LET THEM FINISH INSTALLING SO I CANNOT TALK TO A MANAGER. I NEED TO GET AN ESTIMATE FOR THE WALL , E-MAIL AN ADDRESS WITH ATTACHED PHOTOS AND MAYBE THEY WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE WHOLE IN MY WALL. BEWARE STAY AWAY- TOTAL SCAM!!!!!!!

Brian Dodson
September 24th, 2018 Ringgold, GA

ADT is a dishonest company that gives quotes for services that are not accurate. Unfortunately by the time you realize their deceptiveness your three days to cancel is up. After several calls to ADT they put the blame on a company out of Alabama called Defenders. The Defenders had on ADT shirts.??? After I realized ADT had no intention of honoring their original quote I declared how unsatisfied I was with their company. Their reply was "I'm sorry." AGREED! It is a scam if they knock on your door do not answer. I am giving 1 star because the technician that installed our alarm was a nice guy.

fred zlater
September 13th, 2018 Harrisburg, PA

ADT is a joke very bad install a wireless system took over 5 hours to install with only 6 sensors and 1 panel , panel not level a refund is said to take 10 to 15 days but it actually takes 30 days remember you are dealing with 2 different companies when doing this, it is crap and a hoax BUYER BEWARE! customer service just tries to make you feel happy when in turn no one gives the same answer! DON'T FALL VICTIM!

Al Maciulis
September 6th, 2018 Frankenmuth, MI DETAILS

We were ADT customers for more than 10 years and upon retirement we decided to add video cameras to our monitoring system. Upon calling ADT we were informed per telephone that the current control panel and siren is compatible with the video camera system requested, This was totally contrary to what the installer and service technician informed us. They were evasive and not forthright especially when questions were asked. They both stated that the video cameras were not compatible with our current control panel and siren and both had to be replaced.We believed them. The price was over 800 dollars. When I noticed that after the installation the video cameras were not working properly, my wife and I were informed that it takes several days before they kick in to work. They continued not to work until the service technician returned to install the new siren. He informed us that the reason the video cameras were not working is that the video control panel was placed in the basement and not above where it should have been. The installer had put it in the wrong place and he should have known better. They spent all day doing the installation. In addition not all batteries were replaced as we were told and not all were dated. Further the next day we called their manager to document that personal items were missing following the video installation with the expectation that he would look into it upon my request and stop by to verify my complaint. He informed me that he would get back to me. This never happened. Upon return from our vacation we received an arrogant call from corporate security in Florida stating that we have no right accusing ADT for missing items. That was not our purpose. The purpose was to make them aware to hire workers with impeccable credentials. He was very aggressive and frankly insulting and stated we have no right to accuse ADT. We did not accuse them but only stated that personal items were missing after the service. It is only after my wife asked is he is a lawyer that he hung up stating that our service is terminated. This attitude is inappropriate and frankly insulting to long time customers. Thus we not only lost our service but unnecessarily over 800 dollars they did not return. In conclusion, my advice is to avoid an early positive feedback before you have not checked if any personal items are missing and make them sign a declaration that nothing was taken. Better still AVOID ADT,

Bonnie
August 28th, 2018 New Orleans, LA

BEWARE and STAY AWAY from ADT. This is the most unscrupulous company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. If it were possible I'd rate them negative ZERO stars because the one star you are forced to give them on all the rating sites is much too good for them. I signed up with them at the end of June in Jefferson, LA. because the house I purchased already had security equipment in it which was a big selling point for me. Their sales guy, Ramon L, said that it was compatible with their service. Lie number one. The install tech ended up removing all of my equipment and then botched the installation of the ADT equipment. Three of the system boxes are actually dangling from the wall. And rather than a lock and key to close the main box like my old box had, he rigged it by shoving a screw in the hole to keep the door closed. Also, after I stressed to the installation tech that I did not want ANY blinking lights in my bedroom, which is where the old equipment was installed. He promised me there would be no blinking lights in the bedroom, but what did he do? He put it in there anyway and I have been forced to sleep on the sofa due to the light flashing constantly and keeping me awake all night. He even damaged my closet door so that it will not close all the way anymore. Ironically, the very next day I received a postcard in the mail from ADT offering this same service for HALF the price they gave me. So, I called the sales guy, Ramon, and told him I was unhappy with the installation, sent him a photo of the postcard and told him I wanted to cancel the contract. He said he was unable to help me and referred me to his supervisor, Chris C, who assured me that if I didn't cancel that day, he would contact me after the 4th of July holiday to get everything correctly installed. That date came and went...I heard nothing. No call as promised. I might add that this was now conveniently (for them) passed the 3-day cancellation period. A month passed and still the system wasn't working. I called again to cancel the contract and as I guessed they refuse to cancel it saying it was now passed the 3-day cancellation period. After dozens of unanswered calls, texts, emails, and online chats to get the install corrected...it is still not working and they are still holding me to this fraudulent contract. It's almost comical how quickly my calls were returned before I signed that fraudulent contract. ADT is ABSOLUTELY THE WORST company that I've ever dealt with and I hope no one else ever has to go through that. They seriously need to be shut down for their unscrupulous business practices. Even their positive google reviews were bought and paid for. I'm betting mine will be removed within days, but I will repost them on every review site, Facebook page, and complaint sites, over and over, so they can no longer steal from other customers. Top it off, the tech stole the equipment I purchased with my home. He never even asked if he could take it. And the company refuses to return it. A neighbor who works for ADT said it's my own responsibility to tell them not to take it. I informed him that, NO, it is not my responsibility to see to it that their employees do not leave my home with my property. That is theft! I hope that everyone heeds the thousands of warnings about ADT in online reviews and complaints. They force you to sign a contract via a tablet type contraption and rush you while you try to read it and sign it. You have no time to actually read it thoroughly as they need to rush off to their next appointment. There is no reason anyone should be locked into an expensive contract with a THREE DAY cancellation window with a terrible company in order to pay more for substandard service and outdated equipment. There are a lot of options that do not require a contract at all - try any of those first. They have top notch up to date equipment too. These are companies that keep their customers happy based on being good honest companies with which to do business instead of using unscrupulous practices to get customers stuck in worthless contracts with huge exit costs the way ADT does.

Lesa Burgess
August 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We used ADT for a few years. The person who installed the security system was really nice but after he left I felt a bit lost with what to do. We figured it out though so it wasn't too bad. I did felt more protected in our home especially when my husband was out of town. It did malfunction once and I had to stand at my alarm with my hand over it so that the noise wasn't blaring loud while I called someone to help. My kids woke up and it was awful. If I were to get a security system again I would probably go somewhere else.

Kris
August 23rd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Very reliable company here in Utah. We lived over seas for a few months every year and were really happy with this company. They even have alarms for flooding which was important to us.

Mercedes Paulino
August 23rd, 2018 Campbell Hall, NY DETAILS

DO NOT GET ADT!!! Do yourself the favor. The false alarms are insane. The steam from a shower set off fire alarm 3 times but then the HUGE fire that almost burned down my house..not a beep from this alarm! I was paying $32 a month JUST waiting for the 3yr contract to be up, I have been trying to cancel it for 3 months NOW they charge my debit card over $150 JUST cause I'm trying to cancel it. Not for anything extra just accidental charges they promised to refund IF I stay on with them!! BLACKMAIL! They will steal your $$. Who is keeping us safe from THEM!

Kristine Hoffrogge
July 18th, 2018 Woodburn, OR

For starters! The rep. came to the door and asked if we had the newest alarm model. He then said that Vivint (who we were through) was there brother company, And that our contract was up with them so he would like to give us a security camera for the front door , and street for free for being a loyal customer. We of course agreed since my husband wanted a camera for a while no. He said he would cancel our Vivint account for us as well ( no worries ma'am). So they installed everything, And signing was a little weird, ( I signed an I-Pad, No paperwork) . So the forst of the month rolls around , And I notice that I am being charged still from Vivint, then a week later, ADT. I called both companies and got no where :/.. I finally got sent to a vivint customer care person who told me that we still are under there contract until 2020 . SO NOW! I am being charges=d for noth , And can't get anyone to work with me on this. Vivint told me to cancel all payment from bank for ADT, And send a registered letter to them (who has that kind of money) UUUGH! I talked to ADT safestreets again and they said that someone would contact me ASAP, I have heard nothing since :(.. DO I call again, And be all day on the phone trying to explain all of this again? I am disabled, my brain does not work well under stress. Sorry for the rant.

Brian
July 18th, 2018 Grove City, PA DETAILS

ADT has the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with!

ASHLEY KAYLAN RHINEHART
July 17th, 2018 Tallassee, AL DETAILS

Do yourself a favor and stay away. ADT does not inform you that they are setting you up through a third party. I was planning to sell my home soon and asked about that before installing. I was told that as long as the new homeowner set up a system the services would just transfer with no penalties to me. However, when it came time for that their story changed. Apparently, ADT sells back your contract to safe streets when you cancel and safe streets is a shady company with nothing but bad reviews from what I have found. They are trying to charge me 1000 dollars even though the new homeowner set up services. Safe streets nor ADT stand by their word or their product. I will NEVER use their services again. Now I guess I will resort to legal action to resolve this HUGE and outstanding bill.

Alicia Holman
July 11th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

They advertise a lot for the consumer to call and want their product, but once it's installed, they aren't around to help. The service was very "vanilla". When I had some security questions, I wasn't sure who to talk to and was bounced around through their system.

Amy Stewart
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

We have had ADT for many years now and have really enjoyed having their security systems in our home. I really like having a few keypads upstairs and down for convenience. When guest come over i like having the beeping happen when the doors open. They are great!

ROBIN
June 15th, 2018 Wilmington, NC

ADT is a joke .. I had ADT for my place of business had so many false alarms the city of Wilmington charged me.. ADT told me it could have been a spider crawling across the sensor, or the air conditioner coming on and causing a curtain to move... it was irritating but I still felt safe. This year (2018) I got a call from a business down the road from me telling me my front door was busted open. When I walked through the alarm went off and ADT called. I said someone needs to get over here I’ve been robbed. ADT technician came out and said it failed to go off when robbery happened. As I was crying I ask how is ADT going to help me (as I lost right under 50,000.00) technician replied we are not an insurance company. It bothers me because I would have referred ADT to a friend. I want to let the thousands of people know when they set their code and lock up and feel all safe and cozy.. those .99 cent stickers they give out that state “covered by ADT” is a joke and a shame that they claim to keep you protected and it’s all a lie.

Randall Pearson
May 21st, 2018 Okatie, SC

Service was canceled within 2 days per cancellation policy. SafeStreets bought the company who installed the “Free “ system. SafeStreets has called the house 3-4 times a week asking Us to pay for the years monitoring and to get Us to reconnect with them. They claim that the accounts that they aquired are still active. They continue to harass Us even though we sent them a copy of the cancellation notice and ADT agreed and told SafeStreets that they had canceled the service.

Anthony
April 16th, 2018 Aurora, IL DETAILS

Customer service is great. They are very professional. The technicians were also very professional and kind.

Chris A.
April 16th, 2018 Augusta, GA DETAILS

Reliable and fast service. The technician was very nice and knowledgeable.

Carol Fujita
April 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Salesman didn't not get back to me regarding September Back to School gift card after he got the sale.

JillM
April 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

They were easy to work with and the technician did a great job explaining it to me.

Very good security system
April 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

So far I have not had any break-ins. The ADT signs seem to help.

Peter Ljubicich
March 28th, 2018 Bangor, PA DETAILS

Regarding their customer service, the guy gave me a cell phone number and has allowed me to a contact him if I had any problems. One of the sensors did screw up and he came right over and fixed it. Other than that, we haven't had any equipment problems yet.