Ring Logo

8.5

Zac Cannon Long Beach, MS

My wife just bought our family a ring. It has made us feel safer being able to keep up with local events with our neighbors and to keep an eye on folks approaching our apartment. We look forward to expanding by getting the chime device to accompany our doorbell!

Suzie Blankenship Herndon, VA

Love my Ring doorbell. It's battery operated and actually does a great job staying charged. I have cats that go in and out (as cats do), so my doorbell alerts me quite often. I often do the Live look when I'm at work just to see what's happening. Works great.

Joseph Peterson Milwaukee, WI

Great quality. They continue to improve as time goes on. I like that I can talk to whomever comes to the door without having to be there so they don't know (or I just don't feel like getting up :) ). Camera quality is good (caught some naughty kids at Halloween one year and could identify them because of the high quality camera).

9 months ago Edited July 28, 2023

Julie Hefner Plainfield, IL

We have been a ring customer for a few years and have never had any issues! We had a doorbell camera and then recently added a camera for the garage and it was so easy to combine them in the app. It’s low cost and little maintenance.

10 months ago Edited July 24, 2023

Mindy Clarke Tacoma, WA

I love my Ring, I feel so much safer knowing we can monitor all activity by our front door. Any motion in front of my house send an alert to my cell phone. an see when packages arrive. I love my ring, and access to the ring neighborhood app, it keeps me informed of criminal activity in and around my neighborhood.

Darla Wylie Brentwood, CA

I absolutely love my Ring. I'm hesitant to open my front door to anyone considering the society that we live in now. When someone rings my doorbell I'm able to answer with my phone and the person is not able to tell if I'm home or not. Great product and concept.

cindy g Victorville, CA

I super love our ring service I love the service we do yearly that we pay to keep our videos available for a while that we can share. We’ve experience some really cool things with other neighbors through there. We were able to help some of our neighbors find their dogs that were lost so it’s been pretty cool. I love all of the updates in neighborhood alert.

1 year ago Edited May 24, 2023

penny young Slidell, LA

I received my Ring doorbell as a Christmas gift last month. I love it!! From the installation to operation, I applaud the brilliance of the simplicity. It doesn’t matter when or where I go, if anywhere, I have the comfort of knowing of anyone comes up or packages are delivered with the confidence that I have eyes on it! My only complaint is that I waited so long to get it!!

Angie Martin Cherryville, NC

My husband and I purchased our ring doorbell and security light several years ago after having issues with our property being stolen. I love our ring products and I really love the price and ease of installing and using it. I only pay once a year for my service and I can watch my home from anywhere I go. The images and videos are clear and I love that I can communicate through the voice device if I’m away from home. I highly recommend ring devices.

Angel Morales Charlotte, NC

Very good and affordable way to keep your home and valuables safe and at a glance. Great customer service had to make a call once on a device that stopped working and they sent a new one no questions asked . There monitoring service is the cheapest of all by far and you can always monitor yourself as well. Plus the advantage of seeing who's at your door and answer from the convinience of where ever you are. Its a great company with really quality products that are always updating as well. I will always have them in my home and very well recommend to others for sure.

Jason McDonald Columbus, IN

I'm a huge Ring fan, especially coming from Vivint or Monitronix before them. I did, however, have to install all my own gear, but considering how intuitive everything is to install or how easy the installation instructions make the process, it's a small price to pay. Customer service is friendly, top notch, and knows their stuff. Products are great quality, and the monitoring services are cheap.

Nicky Martin Pontotoc, MS

Ring has been a wonderful experience so far, it has so many uses that can be utilized at work, home or even out of town. We purchased the Ring system due to unsavory people in our neighborhood and it just made us all feel a bit safer. My daughter works from our home so she's alone at night and when I'm away or working I feel more relaxed knowing the Ring is active.

Katie Marshall New York, NY

I just really enjoy Ring it keeps me updated with, all my community activities including wild animals on my property, can see what my neighbors are experiencing too. The feature I like best is you can share the Ring with your family or tenants. It's very affordable and easy to install, reliable, I've had the Ring for 5yrs. Only had 1 issue with the wiring with had someone fix it. It's very affordable if you need help installing your local handyman can assist. Another feature is rainy, cold weather does not interrupt service.

no sugarcoating Cheshire, CT

Used them for about 2 years now and still going strong. I shopped with several local and large company and this was the most cost effective to have a good security system, cameras, night vision, 2 way audio, motion sensors + records, customizable, etc... Other than changing batteries once a year (or less if an area is not used often) this is a very low maintenance system. This is an Amazon company, so to get best deal buy during Prime Day or Black Friday. Initial set up took a bit but well worth it!

Mary Kate F Greer, SC

Ring is hands down the most affordable yet reliable home security companies out there! Apart from the initial product fee (199+) to buy Ring, you will spend 0$ (!) a month to protect and watch over your home for the starter kit! That’s free home security forever for as little as 200$. There are options for professional home monitoring as well, yet the Ring starter kit is easy to install as a doorbell camera and other outside cameras that detect motion, then pinging your phone to alert you to someone’s presence near your house. The only perceivable downside to Ring’s alerts on your phone for me are that 1) Ring is very reliable but can detect motion for animals and cats even if they are just driving by, and 2) Ring alerts you thru notifications (and loud alerts if you have them turned on) seemingly every few seconds… wish there was a way to specify what type of motion you want to be notified for. Other than that, very pleased with Ring and would definitely recommend!!

scotty Inver Grove Heights, MN

I really like the ring the ease of installment the ease of using it how it syncs up with pretty much all electronical devices these days and the thing I like the most is the quality of the affordable camera and the powerful microphone it has on it I can hear it across the street my neighbor's talking with the microphone it's pretty awesome and has the longest reach if of all the cameras.

2 years ago Edited May 16, 2022

Christopher M Harper Katy, TX

The Ring system is easy to install and provides the capability to build the level of security that you like in stages. I removed a prior wired system, but used the existing wires to provide power to ring key pad. That was the preferred solution to installing an unsightly plug. Once installed I enjoy the ability to remotely check on the system and since this is tied into a Ring doorbell the security system is seamless.

Terri Bullhead City, AZ

I love the features of being able to turn security off & on by phone. You can set a verbal announcement "Hi, you are now being recorded" which is a double safety feature. You can turn on lights & siren by phone. You can get emergency help. This ring security system is very easy to install & mostly understand. Customer service rocks! I love my Ring Security System

Art Reno, NV

I like you are the one doing the monitoring. Ring gives you an alarm when the motion sensor is tripped and you can view what is happening. If action is needed, like call police, you do that. If ti is just a bear, you can ignore it or watch the show. The reason I did not give them 5 stars is Ring, which is part of Amazon, just changed the way they do 2FA. Previously, they would email you, but they have discontinued that option. Now they want to text you or have you use an authenticator app. Except when I am on the road, I access the Ring devices using either a PC or one of the 3 Kindle Fire tablets I have. Bigger screens, on the same network and no data charges. None of these does texting and I do not want to have to find my phone every time I want to access the Ring devices. The Kindle Fires are set up to use the Kindle App Store, which is very secure, but has no authenicator apps. You would think, because Amazon sold the Ring devices as being Alexa compatible using any Alexa device, before they changed the 2FA method, they would make sure the new method would work with any Alexa device. Nope! And what was wrong with email, anyway?

Lindsey Newman American Fork, UT

We love our ring doorbell. It is so helpful when we are too busy to answer the door or don't want to answer for solicitors to open the app and see who it is. I've used it from out of the state to answer a doorbell ring and tell a neighbor we are away! I love that it keeps an eye on movement and makes me feel more secure about my packages when they are delivered.

Mavris odunayo

Ring security is the best we used in my company their camera security is always tight their cameras works 24/7 thanks for this type of product

Tri Ngo

Ring home is easy to use it connects with the Mobile phone therefore I can watch and monitor home security using my phone

Faithful One Dumfries, VA

I will say we got our ring 4 years ago and we liked it only thing I would say is that the monitor view could be more wider so it’s limited of what u can view but for a small front porch is fine

Juan Casanova Blue Island, IL

Poor quality video, skip or pauses often, huge delays at times people already gone by the time footage could be viewed on your phone. The units are poorly made and designed to be replace often1 year or 2). They don't offer good warranties only coupons for their new models and upgrades units. My advice I wished I had made my research and not based my desicion on price or popularity 😕 because ones you spend the $250.00 / unit you are stocked with their life time service whether you like it or NOT.( the technology for ring is not there unless you are within 5ft. Of the camera lense and the lighting is perfect). I'm just a secure lifetime paycheck unless I decide to let my 5 units purchased collect dust and not used them.( ring ethics is like buying a new car now a days....if you don't purchased their warranties and packages you will regret it). This review is based on my personal experience and continued to do so since I'm too invested with them.

Giridhar K

I changed the monitoring from professionally monitored to self on the app. I wasn't aware that, that wont stop my card being charged. Later after few months, I came to know about it when Ring sent an email about payment being declined due to card no longer valid. When I called support, they said, in order to stop payment I need to do it on the website. Changing in the app is not sufficient. I asked for refund of the fees paid since I changed from professionally monitored to self on the app. They denied my request, saying they sent me an email about this (that payment will stop only if disabled on the website and not on the app). I never received any such email. At least I don't remember seeing such email and I don't find in my inbox now either (I could have deleted the email). I am very unhappy with the misleading (cheating) information provided in the app which just stops monitoring without stoping the plan and hence continue to charge the payment card.

Shanna Bird Longview, WA

Have this camera in my house. Love the clarity and the system over all. Looking forward to adding more to my system. I am going to be adding the doorbell asap

Smiles Ofpatrick

Use for the doorbell and works good so far. I use the gen 2 version and it is good and works. Notifies me whenever someone is at the front door and even if there's motion.

7 months ago Edited October 19, 2023

Kelsey Mclean Knoxville, TN

Our home Ring Alarm is amazing. The app will video record every single time someone is near your door and send a video to your phone. Easily turn on your alarm through the app if you forget or turn it off before you walk in.

JAV Waynesboro, VA

While the Ring security devices aren't the problem, the cascading $$$ effect to have to buy this and then that, and then update, then subscribe, it feels more like a device pyramid scam to the senior citizens out there just trying to live safely and protect mail and deliveries by using motion and alert sensors and yes, cameras. What good is buying a camera if you can't review anything if you don't subscribe to a "Plan?" Monitoring fees for services provided for security monitoring by Ring I can understand, but what about for those who do not want outside monitoring? I bought a Wzye outdoor camera before buying the four Ring devices (DBCamera, IDCamera, MBSensor, Light Bridge (because you can't use the MBS without one!!!) and am not on any subscription plan yet it serves the purpose of both camera and review options. In hindsight, I should have went with the all Wyze devices, I'd have spent less and received more for my money. As a retired professional, I can no longer keep up with the escalating price gouging for having to purchase everything piece mail or patchwork style. I had to return the MBSensor because it wasn't clear why I needed a "bridge" to connect when I didn't have any smart devices in my home that would require that device. I figured it out once I got the device and couldn't connect it. As one of many senior citizens on a restricted income, you might want to consider what AARP and Consumer Cellular does... offer a discounted rate and serve millions of us instead of price gouging and serving a smaller proportion of that population.

Melvin Corona, CA

I love the ring security system. I have most of the accessories available. They are easy to install and all products are connected in one app. I would recommend this security system to consumers on a budget and want results.

Larry G La Marque, TX

We have the Ring doorbell camera. Its comforting to know we have that bit of security in addition to our 3 loud dogs! Highly recommend this product to anyone that wants an extra layer of security at home.

Alexciz

This was my 1st foray into the recorded digital world and I love it. I use my Ring daily and it only glitches ever once in awhile. I will likely stay with Ring over all the others out there as it works for me.

Bobbie R. Byrd

I have a Ring camera system and I love it! I especially like that I can turn on the sound to hear what is happening outside while keeping the microphone muted so I can't be heard.

10 months ago Edited August 28, 2023

J. Goodale Elm City, NC

Front door Ring works good. Had I understood that I needed to pay for an on-going service to access any kind of recordings, I may have done more comparative shopping. Overall though I like being able to see who is at the front door whether I am at home or away.

Iesus ego confido in vobis New Port Richey, FL

At first we were intimidated by the installation of the Ring doorbell, but once we started it was easy to follow the steps. We have had the Ring doorbell for two years now, and not once have had an issue.

Dr. Ken King Chester, VA

The best and most reliable. I trust Ring over ADT and actually have both systems but only rely on Ring because they are always there and the customer service is beyond amazing.

Mandy Fresno, CA

I absolutely love my Ring. I like how it records, sends notifications to my phone, and I can interact with people on the other end. Sometimes the audio isn’t very good and one time the house alarm was blaring for hours but no one called the police. That was a problem!!

Heather H Sanford, FL

Ring provides reliable security at your fingertips. Ring's price plans are reasonable (so far) and their customer service is incredibly pleasant and helpful. I'm impressed with Ring and will stay loyal to them as long as their rates don't skyrocket.

CAROL Atlanta, GA

I enjoy the peace of mind that Ring provides. It's very comforting knowing that actual live photos are documented whenever anyone approaches my home. I am notified on my phone whenever anyone comes to my door. That way, I always know who has been to my home.

Louis DeMatteo Columbus, OH

Great DIY security system at an affordable price. I love that all their products are in one app. I have called their customer service department several times and never had to wait. I love their customer service department. They are very helpful.

FriscoTXHomeowner Frisco, TX

We love our Ring doorbell. We have one up front and added one to the back. Super convenient with the app, and it's impressive how it works so well. Hopefully we don't need to use this system, but I'm confident it will work when we need it.

Johnny Sigmon Cumberland, MD

I love ring I love the way that you can use your phone and see who's at your door from a thousand miles away and talk to him and if you don't want someone there you can tell him to get away from your home I really love ring and would have nothing but rain for my security thanks ring.

Gumby Rowland Heights, CA

Ring has been a solid home security solution so far. I have not had any issues with the product. It has a good number of configuration features so I can program it to send me notifications when I want them and I can easily adjust the areas that I want to monitor. I would recommend this product to my friends.

Alex Indianapolis, IN

The hardware is abysmal. I regret buying it. Best I can say is that monitoring is cheap, and they've called right away on false alarms. I believe they're known for coming in under 30 seconds in auditing. You really can't beat the monthly cost, especially considering the cellular backup. It was cheap up-front, too. My kit is 2nd gen, bought in 2020. I feel like it is all there, just poorly executed. I wish the hardware could be repurposed. I should note here that this is the only monitored or retail security system I have ever owned. However, I have a lot of experience with networking, AV, computers, wireless, and employer security systems. I know this could be better. The most frustrating thing is that because it barely works, we rarely arm it! It continues to monitor smoke and CO alarms, and a laggy alarm is better than none. When I have contacted customer service or tech support, they have been great. -The app and web interface are terrible. Settings are buried in seemingly unrelated categories. -The doorbell still feels like a separate company from the rest of the security hardware. -Doorbell occasionally decides not to charge from the transformer. Factory reset and/or clean contacts. -LAG CITY. If you factory reset, you'll get snappy performance for a while. Then one day, someone will walk in and the bling-bling happens 30 seconds later. Opening the doorbell camera feed lags, then you get HD real-time. Workarounds exist (and work) but it is just a maintenance headache. There is nothing wrong with my LAN or Wi-Fi. My house is not gigantic. -LAG CITY II. Opening the doorbell remote video feed in the smartphone app often takes too long (tested vs. TeamViewer connection with identical phones). -This is a big one. No glass-break sensors (at least not since I last looked). They said to use an Echo device. Which leads me to: -It came with an Echo Show 5, which has the worst microphone in the Echo line. I hate this device, because everyone has to annoyedly repeat everything or shout. -Limited integration with other security device protocols. -Charging ports on the keypads are hard to get at without OEM cables. -Magnetic sensors that must be mounted with the battery section on the door (sliding doors especially) tend to fall off their mounts or at least show tampered. We use sticky-tack to keep them in place. Very attractive. I do hope that later-generation equipment has built on the failures outlined above, but from April 2020 to January 2023 I have become thoroughly soured on the brand. I am also becoming disillusioned about the supposed benefits of adding more corporate devices to our personal spaces, and the widespread access granted to government. This is a bell that can't be un-rung, pun intended.

Julian Ramos Atwater, CA

I like the products, the affordable prices are great, and the ability to connect with nearby neighbors is also excellent. My only concern is if the wifi goes out, you are defenseless. If they would come up with a backup security system that could connect via Cell signal for emergencies. I feel safer if the power went out after someone cut power to rob my house as an extreme example, but it does happen.

Melody Rowe Fayetteville, NC

I love my ring security system and love how they keep up with the latest technology. The only thing that concerns me is sharing of my information. Other then that they seem to be the number 1 company is security of home and business out there. Very top notch.

Precious H. DeSoto, TX

I have had Ring for 6 years. It is very easy to install and monitor. You can sync it with your TV and phone. I love being able to talk through the speaker when I am away. Ring can be taken with you wherever you go. This is a good investment for homeowners

marissa wheeler Burlington, VT

Ring has been a wonderful company to work with, there service has been great, reliable, convenient and cost affective for my family and I. Not only has it been great for security reason but has also been a great help at letting us know if we have missed someone while we weren't home that has stopped by.

Rebecca Robinson Murfreesboro, TN

I felt 100% percent better after having the ring peephole installed. Before if I heard a noise I was concerned. Now I hardly give it a second thought and if I do, I just look at my app. The price of monitoring my ring peephole at this time is an only $3 a month. Unbelievable to me.

Dan Wandell Murfreesboro, TN

Generally speaking, I like the Ring product's quality and functionality. However, I do not like the monthly video storage cost. Some competitors offer limited free storage, which I think is appropriate for this type of product. I purchased the doorbell and a camera. After the free trial, I decided to sell the system and go with a competitor. If you do not mind the monthly charge, the Ring system is definitely a good system. It just isn't for me.