Frontpoint

8.8

Anonymous Skokie, IL

Sometimes the long range sensors do not work long range but the app is good as is customer service. They are always there for me and take the time to answer all my questions even if it takes a while.

Eric Palestine, TX

Initially I got frontpoint because it is easy to install and the price was going. When I have to call for help, I have gotten the help I need but the prices keep going up so I am considering switching to another company.

Matt Dallas Center, IA

In the past they had really good customer service when I reached out but I don’t feel like hear anything proactively. They don’t do much to maintain the relationship. The equipment is somewhat dated today because I got them six or seven years ago.

Anonymous West Harrison, IN

Front Point does a good job but there have been a couple of instances when it didn’t register movement but customer service helps me everytime I call.

Ashley Hoover Mustang, OK

When I signed up I had concerns about the system working with our poor internet service. I was told it would not be an issue, but that has proven to be the case frequently. Also realized they charge you monthly to use their app and a touchscreen screen with similar capabilities cost extra.

Anonymous Naperville, IL

Durable and easy to implement on your own because it is intuitive and straightforward. When I have questions, they help me troubleshoot and are attentive.

Charles Seagrove, NC

The price and ease of use is what drew me to it. Choice is easy to access and work well with you. I like the continual monitoring. It is a great service.

Majid West Bloomfield, MI

Overall the experience using Frontpoint has been good. Customer support is very responsive and professional handling questions. They have the best package.

John Whittier, CA

Very hard to get a hold of someone in customer service. The system seems to be working and it is convenient but I would like for them to make it easier to speak to a tech or put more information on their website.

Warren Searcy, AR

Reasonably prices and easy to install. I wish I didn’t have to pay additional money for the app and there is a weird connectivity signal. It can be hard to get information and speak to a human being.

Mike Jones Lake Forest, CA

Have been with Frontpoint for almost 10 years. I use there security system and home automation. Everything works as designed and their customer service is very good.

Denise R. Bay City, MI

Customer service is excellent. My only gripe is that the motion detector is a little too sensitive and goes off way too easily at the slightest bit of lint flying through the air.

Babbette Baker Southfield, MI

I called to let them know that the system occasionally will let me know that a door opens, but it doesn't say it has closed for 30-45 minutes later. I called twice. They said it was fixed, but it happened twice after, although now it seems to be working well.

Reply from Frontpoint

Hey Babbette, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Jul. 8th, 2021

Shefa Silver Spring, MD

Love being able to monitor my home remotely using with my phone and being able to stick with door lock. Customer support is very quick to respond and will walk me through my needs.

Kate Carlsbad, CA

Frustration with multiple customer service calls about sensors that don’t fit/stick/work on our windows. Troubleshooting hasn’t worked after multiple calls but I’m told there’s Basically no way to get out of contract unless we want to spend a fortune. Got locked into an extremely long contract just for upgrading a control panel from buttons to digital, which seems unfair/ridiculous. We haven’t used the system in months bc not all sensors work yet are paying anyway.

Reply from Frontpoint

Thank you for your feedback, at Frontpoint we take our customer complaints seriously and if there is anything we can do to resolve your circumstances please let us know at [email protected]

Jun. 1st, 2021

Elmer Marlon Ansaldo Middletown, CT

They have great customer service team. And most of the products are great. Just need to improve on the lag their doorbell products and the indoor camera speaker is terrible too much interference. All of the indoor cameras. But overall I love this company.

Lorene Fairmont, WV

I think they are very good. If ever our alarm went off they are always on top of it. They are courteous, helpful and professional. As far as improvements, If I had to state an improvement, it would be that the wall unit be louder if and when it goes off. That would be my only improvement to request.

Noel Giffin El Paso, TX

Great service and products web site us good and app on phone is very useful. When I had questions about their products they explained well and technicians are very well educated on their products

Doug Briggs Pocatello, ID

Wonderful customer service. Some of the products, doorbell camera and indoor camera have had connectivity issues. I did end up replacing my doorbell camera with an outside company and it has worked well.

Sheena Louisville, KY

I appreciate the features like that it gets increasing louder. It isn’t bulky. It is discreet. The window sensors seem pretty durable. We don’t call customer service often but when we did we were squared away within ten minutes.

John Ottertail, MN

Having the mobile application is great. It is nice to monitor it from my phone. I haven’t been totally happy with the alarm. We have one that trips regularly for no apparent reason. We’ve had a couple of door magnets fall off. People are easy to get a hold of.

Judith Wappingers Falls, NY

There weren’t a lot of directions on how to install it or where was the best place to put something that is the only things that keeps it from being the best. Whenever I need help, they are always willing to take my call and listen.

Eric Washingtonville, NY

Every time I call, they answer the phone and are very attentive. They always help me solve my problems and everything works the way it is supposed to so I have no complaints. The biggest issue is the yearly contract.

Michael Jamestown, NC

At this point I'm really not happy with Frontpoint. I don't even know that I can trust them honestly. I don't hear from anybody, there's no update on equipment or anything so I guess I'm really deciding it's time to change there. When my alarm goes off I don't get phone calls from the company right away and sometimes I have to resolve the problem without knowledge from them. The security little things that go on the door fall off and the key fob doesn't work so overall the equipment is cheap.

Stan Bettsville, OH

It's good being able to check on both outside and inside the house when we're away. The system has held up over the years. The only thing is that I have some other cameras that don't integrate with our Frontpoint system because they provide more than Frontpoint does, but I still believe that it's a very good company.

Joshua Agoura Hills, CA

I like the value that Frontpoint provides. I think it offers a lot of features at a good price point relative to competitors. The equipment overall is pretty good but I have had some issues, some of the sensors had to be replaced and then our original main unit's battery swelled up and broke and so it had to be replaced.

Anonymous San Jose, CA

They offer a great price for a wonderful service. Their customer service department has great knowledge and responsiveness. They really know their products and have a long lasting system.

Candice Milwaukee, WI

Most of the time that I call with an issue, they get the problem resolved. Lately I've had some false alarms where it'll tell me my doors are open when they're not, so I think there is a lack of quality in their product. The absolute best thing about this company is the ability to access my security system via my cellular device. One thing I wish they would change is creating a doorbell that doesn't have to be hardwired.

Reply from Frontpoint

Hey Candice, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Feb. 4th, 2021

We went with Frontpoint because of their cost and the ease of installation. Their customer service is quick to respond and solve any of my issues quickly. You can monitor your system from multiple mobile devices and it's very easy to use.

It's very difficult to get through to Frontpoint on the phone. They provide you a call back number when you try to reach them and it takes far too long to get assistance. I've had alarms go off and nobody in customer service can tell me why. I can never get help in figuring out how to turn it off. Their system is easy to use, I just wish they would have better customer service.

Veronica Houston, TX

Customer service is very helpful and understands your needs. Sometimes my system runs out of batteries and they call me to make sure everything is okay. I feel very safe using their system.

Vanesa G Dassing Lawrenceburg, TN

Frontpoint's cost drew me to signing up. Anytime I need them, they are there to answer questions. The system always seems to work and it alerts me anytime somebody enters the house.

Bob Daffara San Diego, CA

We have had Frontpoint for 4 years and they do all of the things you would expect from a security firm, monitor the home when the alarm is set and give you a quick call if the alarm is activated.But, the do more when we changed internet providers one of there associates walked me thru resetting my cameras. This was no small feat, I worked on it for several hours before I gave up and called Customer Service. With in 10 minutes both my cameras were back up.

Giulio Veglio Longwood, FL

They provide not only a great product , they also respond quickly to all alarms, The only suggestion is that they have a stronger adhesive in humid climates other than that they provide one of the best service compared to other companies I have worked with and the pricing is fair

Douglas greenwood

The service is excellent every time we had a concern or question or needed advice on how to adjust something they were there always there people are knowledgable and eager to help I think their training in house must be excellent

Miguel Espinoza

Was intially a bit difficult to initially install sensors because of type of windows home has, however robust technical customer service to help with technical issues. Once tech issue was resolved, installation was easier. Suggestion is to provide a digital table display instead of key pad.

Barry

Frontpoint has a great reputation, although their customer service is sometimes hard to get a hold of. I've had challenges with some of their motion sensors. I think some of their other equipment can be improved and that their price should be reduced.

Mark

It was a very easy system to set up ourselves. They were friendly and informative. They helped with any questions I had. We had no issues and the system works pretty well for us. Their system is reliable, and their customer support is easy to access.

Jerome

Their customer service people skills are really good. They are knowledgeable in what they're doing and what they're dealing with. The only thing I don't like about their equipment is that they don't have the software to adequately keep the equipment up to date. My only suggestion is that they update their system and cameras to be in a much better position.

Ric

I like that I don't have to wait two weeks for someone to come in. I can give a call and get someone to talk to and communicate with me in customer service. There have been a few growing pains as they've been growing, but I'm sure they'll be able to keep up the big work.

Mitchell

The setup was easy because it uses the Verizon cell network, which is the company I have coverage with. The system has communication with the base station. Their customer service helps me everytime I call in. I love the piece of mind it gives me, but I wish they'd lower the monthly fee.

Easy system. I’ve had them for years and only had to replace one thing. They are doing a great job. They are dependable. My alarm has gone off multiple times and they call immediately to make sure everything is okay. Wouldn’t use anybody else.

Never had any malfunctions. It seems to be working properly. High quality. Peace of mind. They’re doing a great job. Any time we need help from them, they are efficient and friendly and get to the heart of the matter quickly.

Matt

The best thing about using frontpoint is that you can use your phone to control it from anywhere. It is very customizable with what sensors you want on. They have good customer service anytime that I call. They have always been helpful with any questions and made sure we got what we needed.

Stacey

The best thing is the ease of access. A suggestion would be to improve the door contacts and or the display system. The price for the products they offer and that I could install it myself and not wait to schedule it, is why is choose them.

Heidi

The cost and ease of installation is why I chose them. It is not connected to a hard wire. We don’t have to pay the perpetual monthly maintenance like we did with our last system. Customer service is pretty decent. I think it is a decent company though there a couple of things with the compatibility that would stop me from rating it the highest. I wouldn’t mind if they reached out periodically to tell me about possible new tools or features.

Jimmy

They always respond in a timely manner if something goes wrong and the alarm goes off even if I don’t need assistance. I think they are outstanding. Everything has been great with the reliability of the equipment. Everything is wireless and easy to install.

William

Quality of the equipment is good. I’ve been a customer for three years and it has been solid. There is never a glitch. The monitoring fee is a little higher than some other companies but they have been responsive whenever we need anything.

Hal Austin, TX

When we bought it, there were not a lot of WiFi enables alarm systems, that was a bug attraction. It is pretty easy to use with the iPhone app. It has worked as expected. Their folks are always knowledgeable and fast at answering when you call.

Anonymous Omaha, NE

I like to be notified when the door is open and I also like that I can turn on the features that show that when I'm at home it has a different functioning than when I leave. My system worked relatively well. There are a couple of things that I don't like - the sensors aren't working exactly correct. They are always responsive and I think it's a good value for my money. I would like to hear from them more often- like to get more updates or information on anything that's new out there because I don't really get any communication from them.