Best Company Guarantee Frontpoint Logo

Frontpoint

8.4

Larry Perry, OK

Its average. There is nothing spectacular about it. It works most of the time. The last time I had to use their technical support they had no clue what was wrong and tried to sell me another panel when all I needed was a battery.

John North Tonawanda, NY

Their equipment is expensive but I will stay with them. Their technical support has worked me though everything and explained it so I can understand. They’re pretty good.

Luis Buffalo Grove, IL

It is very easy to set up. It’s pretty straightforward. I like that it is pretty much wireless.

Richard Naperville, IL

Support is very helpful and polite. They seem to know all the answers. The only problems I have had is having the batteries replaced. It is very easy and convenient.

Wayne Seven Valleys, PA

The system is reliable and Front Point is responsive. There have been a few exceptions but for the most part it has held up fine.

Ann Shafter, CA

It’s a good company. Every time I have to call them, I’ve gotten really good service.

Stephen Darrington, WA

I just like how they respond. They will spend a lot of time with you if you need help. It works really great, only once in a while I have problems with it.

Michael Jamestown, NC

At this point I'm really not happy with Frontpoint. I don't even know that I can trust them honestly. I don't hear from anybody, there's no update on equipment or anything so I guess I'm really deciding it's time to change there. When my alarm goes off I don't get phone calls from the company right away and sometimes I have to resolve the problem without knowledge from them. The security little things that go on the door fall off and the key fob doesn't work so overall the equipment is cheap.

Peter San Francisco, CA

The best part is the ease of use with the app. Their customer service has always answered all my questions. Sometimes the battery on the on the command center unit or whatever it's called the control panel or the control panel don't last that long or there's a failure so that's something that they should working to. Also, some of our sensors don't always work.

Jesse East Saint Louis, IL

I chose Frontpoint because of their price and service. I liked the easy installation. It works very well, and their customer service is always attentive to what's going on.

Jefferson Maywood, NJ

They help a lot with questions I have. They're very prompt with their answers. The best part about Frontpoint is the ease of use.

Amberly Pittsburgh, PA

It's convenient and it's nice to know that I have the security system. The only issue is that some of the little devices sometimes come off.

Sherice Nolanville, TX

You guys do seem to know how to solve problems. I think all the equipment could be improved on because of the price. Other words I think the price is a little steep for product and the product could be a lot better.

Jonathan San Diego, CA

Frontpoint's system is wireless so it's easy to install. I like the cost and flexibility. It's decent stuff but it's it's kind of cheap and we've had a few a few bugs with the control unit. But, customer service has been responsive and they've worked to correct issues when we've had them.

Stan Bettsville, OH

It's good being able to check on both outside and inside the house when we're away. The system has held up over the years. The only thing is that I have some other cameras that don't integrate with our Frontpoint system because they provide more than Frontpoint does, but I still believe that it's a very good company.

Tuan North Hills, CA

It works and it's great customer service. They always answer my questions in a timely manner; they have great customer service reps.

Teresa Philadelphia, PA

Sometimes the alarm doesn't go off and sometimes it goes off when nothing happens so that's not good. I had one bad experience with the customer service rep but then all the other ones were pretty decent.

Herold Starbuck, MN

I love the ease of use--I can do it all myself. Their customer support answers quickly and answers all my questions. But sometimes is is difficult to change the batteries.

David High Bridge, NJ

It seems to work just fine. There's been some difficulty. It's easy to get ahold of them to get billing straightened out but it's very difficult to get replacement parts for things.

Erica Seattle, WA

I liked their communications their customer service was excellent, I had zero problems with them and I've had them for over three years. They are always very helpful, they're always quick to respond and they help me navigate with any problem very easily. I have had a couple of issues with sensors but they were able to fix them very quickly. I love being able to navigate it with my phone and having alerts come up anytime that I need them when I'm away or otherwise. My only suggestion would be maybe follow up after a three-year contract is up to see how we could save more money.

John Charlotte, NC

Frontpoint's customer service is the best. They're efficient, professional, courteous, and reliable.

Joshua Agoura Hills, CA

I like the value that Frontpoint provides. I think it offers a lot of features at a good price point relative to competitors. The equipment overall is pretty good but I have had some issues, some of the sensors had to be replaced and then our original main unit's battery swelled up and broke and so it had to be replaced.

Chun Hao Yang Seattle, WA

Every time when I contacted customer rep when having issues with the system, I always receive prompt responses to resolve my issue.

John Sun Katy, TX

Customer service is the best! Always responsive and friendly.

Elaine Snyder Kissimmee, FL

When our alarm went off..someone call right away and sent the police asap....we were so relieved nothing was wrong, and our pets were safe!!!

Judy Rahway, NJ

Nothing..horrible products and customer service

Joseph Smith Pensacola, FL

Needs better equipment not to happy with this system.. It hasn't been active in months. Gives out false warnings all the time.

Terry Wells Altus, OK

Loved being able to setup everything myself

Elaine Westwood, NJ

Whenever u call they are so helpful and patient.

Danielle J Memphis, TN

Their customers service is great. But some of their sales reps are slimy. The contract signed will make you continue to pay for the plan throughout a certain time frame- no way out period. This is in the contact, you even initial next to it. I was in a dangerous situation with an ex when I called and should have read what I was initialing next too, granted. But they NEVER said this. They never literally said this is a 2year contract or you will have to continue paying this until the contract ends. Buy out is not the price of equipment either, it’s some stupid high percentage of what you would have paid if you finished out the contract. For this reason, I don’t recommend them. I think that it’s slimy to treat people who truly needed help that way and then say “whelp, you initialed so there’s nothing we can do” I agree I should have read the fine print I tested of trusting them to be upfront and open and honest like a 3 company would be.

Cleo Falcao Floral Park, NY

So far it's been 3, great customer service. No need to improve.

James Thomas Houston, TX

Wait times for customer service can be extremely,long sometimes

Wendell Sussex, NJ

Worst experience ever! I can only presume that Frontpoint’s Mission Statement is “We’ll secure your home, but we’ll invade your bank account!” Frontpoint made an unauthorized debit of $191 from my bank account in January 2021. I had just called in payments during October, and November 2020; having opted to call in payments rather than authorizing them to make recurring debits. Despite that arrangement, and despite the two recent payments I made, Frontpoint charged and withdrew nearly two hundred dollars without any prior verbal consent from me to do so. I felt violated. The company could have utilized appropriate recourse instead; they could have simply terminated my service, forwarded my account to collections and followed due process. But instead, they behaved like the proverbial “thief in the night” themselves!

Christina Port Jefferson Station, NY

Used to like more. Last issue I had to call twice and rep wasn't the friendliest. Also alarm has gone off for what felt like a long period and no one calls. If there was a serious situation...... so I dont feel safe and feel I pay too much for what I get. Will be shopping around soon.

Stuart Collins Palm Bay, FL

I was a customer for 4 years and last year I started having problems. one early morning the alarm went off and it was so queit I couldn't even hear it up stairs with the house dead silent. Nothing was tripped but for some reason it went off for minutes and I never received a call from frontpoint, I'm glad me or my family weren't actually hurt and in need of first responders.... Then a few months later the system wouldn't even let me arm it and kept giving me errors. I went online chat multiple times and they said they passed the word along and someone would be contacting me and nobody ever did. Then after calling multiple times and being put on hold I finally decided enough was enough and I was done with their poor customer support and was going to cancel. I called in december of 2020 to cancel and when I told them I wanted to cancel they kept trying to tell me they had new equipment to upgrade...why were they just now telling me this? I said I wanted to cancel anyway and he kept putting me on hold trying to get someone to give me a deal or something to change my mind even though I didn't want it. I assumed I had cancelled but then January comes around and they billed me $45 dollars . I called and talked to the rudest individual I've ever dealt with in Customer service. He said I had to fill out some form to actually cancel and that they would be charging me another month as well before it went though. I said absolutely not. Nowhere in my contract that ended over a year ago did it say I had to fill out a paper to cancel and then pay for an additional month that I wasn't even going to use...what type of craziness is that??? He basically laughed in my face. So I called my credit card company and changed my card number and dealt with all the hassle of having to redo all my other monthly bills that were on that card just because frontpoint treated me that way. Then, I just look and somehow they have charged me for FEB!?!? I honestly think I should be reimbursed for the 6months of having an unusable system but I absolutely am not paying for JAN and FEB. I would rather spend $20,000 in legal fees to sue Frontpoint than to give them one more penny. This company will act like you are so important to them when you are purchasing their product but then they will treat you like garbage once you are a customer. Take it from me, this is how they treated me after 4 years of service. I never ever write reviews for anything good or bad but I am making it my new mission in life to tell as many people as I possibly can to stay away from this company as possible. I'm in the process of paying someone to build me a website dedicated to informing the public of just how terrible this company really is.

Reply from Frontpoint

Hey Stuart. We have forwarded the full contents of your complaint to one of our account supervisors who will be reaching out to you as soon as they can. They are complete professionals who will examine the entirety of your circumstances before contacting you, and will be best prepared to provide you a resolution. Thank you once again for reaching out to Frontpoint and we look forward to speaking with you!

Feb. 8th, 2021

Amy Delaney Douglasville, GA

Terrible; camera rarely works especially when needed. Issue persisting for 2 years with no resolve. Told I'd be sent a new camera and never was. Randomly stops recording and storing videos for no identifiable reason. App won't pull up live feed most of the time. Customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I'll be switching when my contract is up.

Reply from Frontpoint

Hey Amy, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Feb. 4th, 2021

Joseph Bonvicino Sea Cliff, NY

My alarm went off a couple of times and we did not hear it

Bobby W Jackson Winchester, KY

When the monitoring company calls they show up as a spam call

Thom K. Minneapolis, MN

Great customer support and product works as advertised.

Richard O Allen Murfreesboro, TN

Easy set up and all calls answered quickly by a real person.

Yann Renault Pacifica, CA

Products work - reliable - responsive - easy to set-up and maintain

Jason Schiele Garland, TX

Terrible. Inflexible customer service. Prices are too high. Once you're in. Contract, you can never get out even if you sell the house.

Reply from Frontpoint

Good Morning Jason, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Feb. 4th, 2021

Mark F Barksdale, TX

Very dependable in an area where others could not provide services.

Tricia West Stockbridge, MA

3 customer service, easy to install and use

Mary Anne Ruane Asbury Park, NJ

They are helpful answering questions and walking you though set up; response is quick if alarm is triggered

Tom Camden, AL

Promptly calling us when our sensors are activated. Always very helpful when we ask them questions over the phone.

Bill Hardy Lubbock, TX

I like how I was able to install my own system

Richard Vancouver, WA

I like the concept of the wireless mechanism and its the items available from my system, but the monitor is a little expensive. I like the phone app where I can see what all my devices are doing. I actually have two devices, the one is to my home and one is that to another place. I haven't had any failures everything seems to be operating properly. Every time I call them they're right on top of they walk me through it. We get everything resolved and we're good to go. Keep up the good work, I'm satisfied with it.

Darlene Leominster, MA

I like that we own the equipment and we don't lease it. They stay on top of the monitoring. Rates are very reasonable.

Anonymous Washington, DC

It just seemed like a good deal but I can play pretty darn easy. When I've dealt with support they've helped solve problems so it's pretty good. Easy to set up.