Serving homes and businesses in Texas, Fort Knox Security features low-cost monitoring and security services for residential and commercial properties. Fort Knox has over a decade of experience and focuses solely on security. The company's trained installation technicians each have extensive security system setup experience and can even provide system takeovers for Smith Thompson, ADT, Monitronics, AT&T, DSC, GE, 2Gig, and all others serving the major metro areas of Texas. Fort Knox Security also provides Smart Home integration as well as business security solutions.

Fort Knox Security has low monitoring rates starting at $15.95. However, Fort Knox Security requires a 36-month contract, and customers note a difficult cancellation process. Read Fort Knox Security reviews below to see what customers note about the pros and cons of the company.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Free Activation and Installation
  • Same-Day Installation Available
  • Fort Knox Security Cost
  • Use Existing Systems
  • Tenured Installers
  • $100 Referral Bonus
  • Customizable Security Packages

Free Activation & Installation

Fort Knox offers upfront cost savings such as free activation and installation. This makes it an affordable and appealing option among other security companies. Waiving upfront costs leaves room in your budget to customize with additional equipment. With $0 alarm activation, Fort Knox Security also offers the below completely free of charge:

• Reprogramming of an existing system
  • Battery replacement, if needed
  • Check-in on system
  • "Minor" repairs on up to two devices
  • System user training
  • Fort Knox Security yard sign
  • Security window decals (5)
  • UL-Listed/Approved monitoring 24/7

Same-Day Installation Available

Fort Knox Security advertises same-day installation on its site. This is convenient for homeowners that want protection right away. You can have peace of mind knowing Fort Knox Security has timely service and you can secure your home as soon as possible.

Fort Knox Security Cost

Fort Knox offers inexpensive monitoring plans starting at $15.95 per month, which is significantly lower than what most home security companies charge. Monitoring plans include free activation and installation, but Fort Knox Security does require customers to sign a 36-month contract.

Use Existing Systems

Fort Knox has the ability to take over existing systems. If you want to use equipment already installed in the home or if you are looking to save money by switching from your current security provider, Fort Knox helps you through this process.

Tenured Installers

Fort Knox has professional installer employees that each have about 20 years of experience with varying security systems. You can rest assured that your home will be professionally installed without lifting a finger.

$100 Referral Bonus

Fort Knox Security offers a $100 referral bonus for every person you refer to its services. All you have to do is fill out Fort Knox Security's referral application and once your referral becomes a customer in "good standing," the money will be applied to your account. Note the referral bonus is not paid out in cash; it is only to be used towards your Fort Knox Security account. Also, it is unclear exactly what Fort Knox Security means by the referral must become a customer in "good standing."

Fort Knox Security's website lists this disclaimer regarding the referral program: "$100 account credit is valid for referrals in the first 60 days of service with Fort Knox. After 60 days, the referral credit is $50.00. Referring party must be a Fort Knox customer with an active account in good standing."

In case there are additional requirements for the referral to be eligible to apply and in "good standing," be sure to ask a Fort Knox employee for the details.

Customizable Security Packages

Fort Knox offers three main security packages but also allows customers to customize their own security plan by selecting their choice of monitoring and equipment.

Fort Knox Available Equipment:

• Color control panel
  • Touchscreen wireless keypad
  • Smart lock
  • Smart video doorbell
  • Indoor wireless night vision camera
  • Outdoor wireless night vision camera
  • Wireless glass breakage sensor
  • Wireless motion detector
  • Keychain controller
  • Garage door opener
  • Thermostat
  • Panic button
  • Vanishing wireless door or window contact
  • LinearLinc light bulb

Fort Knox Available Monitoring Options:

• Wireless Protect (Wireless monitoring of existing systems)
  • Wireless Plus (Wireless Protect with new panel)

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bad

• Interactive Services Cost Extra
  • Poor Online Transparency
  • Limited Service Area
  • Difficult Cancellation Process

Interactive Services Cost Extra

One downside of Fort Knox is that its 'Interactive Services' (the ability to manage your system from a smartphone, tablet, or computer) are available as an upgrade. This does not come standard as it does with most other security companies. You may find that having remote access to your system is a necessity.

Poor Online Transparency

Unfortunately, not much information is available online regarding equipment, packages, and pricing options. It lists monitoring plans starting as low as $15.95 per month but it is unknown how much this varies per customer or package. Because of this, it is difficult to know if Fort Knox is the right company for your home or business security needs without calling the company for more information.

Limited Service Area

Fort Knox provides residential and commercial security services in the state of Texas, specifically, Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston and their surrounding areas. If you live in these areas, you have nothing to worry about; however, if you decide to move outside the service area before your contract is up, you may have issues canceling and will not be able to continue your service or take your equipment with you.

Difficult Cancellation Process

Consumers complain of the difficult cancellation process with Fort Knox. It is important to read the fine print and policies in any contractual agreement and contact the company with any concerns. If you want to learn more about what customers are saying about the company, read Fort Knox Security reviews below. Be especially sure to pay attention to customer service reviews, as this is a big part of a consumer's satisfaction with a security company.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Fort Knox Security has low monthly monitoring fees as well as free activation and installation. Fort Knox allows you to use existing home security equipment and will help you synch the equipment with Fort Knox Security services. This may provide homeowners peace of mind knowing they don't have to buy all new equipment.

However, Fort Knox Security is not interactive through the Fort Knox Security app (available for iOS and Android mobile devices) unless you upgrade to a more advanced package. This is a rare restriction, as most home security providers give you remote access with the most basic security package. An additional con is Fort Knox's difficult cancellation process, as noted by past customers. Read Fort Knox Security reviews below to see what else customers are saying about the security provider. Fort Knox Security is also only available in Texas, so if you are outside of that service area, you cannot use Fort Knox as your security solution.

If any of these disadvantages are concerning to you, we suggest looking into other home security providers.

View the Best Home Security Companies

Sarah Yang
December 9th, 2019 Spring, TX

Charles came both Saturday and Sunday to help us set up all the cameras and door bell in our house. He was very through and knowledgeable, explained everything to us and gave us the new user tour on how to use the new security panel and online system. We loved our experience with Charles.

Peter T.
December 4th, 2019 Pflugerville, TX

Phone Tech answered all of my questions and then gave me the options available utilizing my current home security system. Local technician came out the next day and converted my land line system to wireless therefore eliminating my need for the land line. I’m now saving on the land line cost and the monthly monitoring was also reduced by $5.00. The entire process was seamless & painless! Everyone I spoke to and the tech that came out were super friendly and very knowledgeable! Calling my daughter now to recommend she convert her security system to Fort Knox Security also!

Valerie Connors
December 3rd, 2019 Keller, TX

The installer was great, right on time, got everything set up, and showed me how to use my new system. I would definitely recommend Fort Knox to friends!

Gladys Lenhart
December 3rd, 2019 Wylie, TX

The experience was great and the technician was informative on how to operate my new system.

Aadam Morgan
December 3rd, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS

Fast, helpful, and informative. They came the same day I called and installed the system. They beat the rate I got from ADT.

Angie
November 25th, 2019 McKinney, TX

Ryan showed up on time, did what was promised, gave excellent instructions and left a clean work space! System up and running and everything looks good.

Kristina
November 18th, 2019 New Waverly, TX DETAILS

Superior service from Daniel who arranged set up of our system. Allen seemed to be great when he came out for install but then I got the run around when trying to get my security certificate. Daniel was luckily able to take care of it for me.

Karen Ochoa
November 15th, 2019 San Antonio, TX

Jason our tech was so helpful and professional. Daniel was also wonderful and really worked to give us a great deal. Thank you to you both! I will be recommending this company!

Robert
November 15th, 2019 San Antonio, TX

Jason was very Professional and helpful!

Eric Olney
November 13th, 2019 Little Elm, TX

Tech arrived on time and farely quick installation.

Irene
October 28th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Jason is the best!!! OMG, he was so patient , especially with me, I am not tech savy at all. He patiently and kindly answered all of my questions and my sisters questions. He did not leave until he made sure we understood how to operated the security system. I felt so much more at ease after he went answered all of our questions , When he left, we felt pretty confident on how to operate the newly installed security system. I am so glad he was sent out to our home to install , he was heaven sent. THANK YOU JASON. We got the VIP treatment from Jason. He knows how to take care of his customers.

Caleb Roth
October 25th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Jason did an awesome job installing and explaining everything. Very impressed. Easy, quick, efficient, and cost affordable.

Mandy
October 25th, 2019 Houston, TX

I got someone right away on the phone, which is rare these days. I could tell from the beginning this company was straight forward with affordable prices and no hidden fees. Charles came in to install our security system. He was extremely professional, patient, honest, considerate and informative! You could tell he had a lot of experience and loved working for Fort Knox. I wish everyone I worked with was just like him!

Raul leon
October 25th, 2019 Spring, TX DETAILS

Excellent Service! Technical knowledge of Charles and dedication to details and finish was outstanding!

Dee
October 14th, 2019 Pflugerville, TX DETAILS

I called to compare several companies & this was the best one! Daniel explained everything and made sure I understood all options I had available and within my budget. Barrett came the next day to get me all set up and made sure I understood how to work it all. Best experience ever!! Thank you for all of the support. I will be recommending them to everyone!!

Sr
October 11th, 2019 Frisco, TX

Technician explained everything before installing

Martin Gonzalez
October 9th, 2019 Denton, TX

Great experience from start to finish. We got the perfect package to fit our security needs! Conversations on the phone were very pleasant with Seth. Sean followed it up with a great visit and installation. Everything works great and very easy to use! Thank you all for the great experience.

Nicolai Nielsen
October 7th, 2019 Houston, TX

Smooth process getting a quote for a tailor made security package and scheduling installation. Efficient and quick installation by knowledgeable and friendly technician, only minor hick up is that I have to wait another week for the new model cameras.

Yvette Alvarez
September 24th, 2019 Irving, TX

I called got info and then had a tech install my system by the name of Joe W. He was awesome I had requested a later than usual install because of my work schedule and this tech picked it right up and did a fast and efficient installation! I will be recommending this service to my friends

Crystal Ellis
September 20th, 2019 Santa Fe, TX DETAILS

Enrique was AMAZING!!!! He was very professional and efficient. He explained everything thoroughly and made sure I understood not only every aspect of the options, but each step he would be taking to make it happen! I have already recommended Fort Knox to several friends and family members.

BO
September 17th, 2019 Houston, TX

Great communication through out and very on point to listening to what the customer wants!

Renee
September 17th, 2019 San Antonio, TX

Friendly and helpful customer service. Jason, the technician, was professional, capable, and excellent.

Robert & Jane Pope
September 12th, 2019 Spring, TX

Quick installation, very pleasant and knowledgeable tech, great price, would highly recommend

Michael C
September 6th, 2019 League City, TX DETAILS

Not forthcoming about themselves and withholding their information to me, the costumer.

Eugene
September 6th, 2019 Plano, TX DETAILS

The install was quick, the system is new generation. I love the smart home features like panic button and smart thermostat. I would recommend this company to my friends. The installation was quick.

M. Hurley
September 5th, 2019 San Antonio, TX

Fort Knox Security was great from the initial phone call to the final install at my house. Very professional, not pushy, and helpful on every question I had. I would highly recommend Fort Knox to anyone as their service and products are truly top-notch! Thank you for allowing me and my family to feel safe and sleep well at night!

MICHAEL K. SAMPLE
August 27th, 2019 Houston, TX

very professional ----easy to understand and use--

Mark S.
August 23rd, 2019 Cypress, TX DETAILS

Chris, rhe customer service rep we contacted was very professional. No pressure sales or upsells. Chris worked hard to win our business and he did. He sent a great technician. Charles, a fellow Air Force veteran who knew his stuff and then some. He spent as much time as he needed to make sure the system was done right. I could not have asked for better service from a security company. Thanks guys. Truly appreciate your outstanding service.

Dan H
August 20th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

We are super impressed so far with Fort Knox. The entire team has provided outstanding customer service. The Houston technician, Chris, was unbelievable. Incredibly patient and hardworking. We greatly appreciate his hard work to get our system set up and running.

Kenita Williams
August 20th, 2019 Spring, TX

The customer service was great. Spoke with Chris the salesman and he was very helpful in helping pick out the system that was right for my home. Then I was able to get my system installed the same day, like wow, how awesome that was. The technician was great with explaining how to use the new system. The installation process went quickly and was easy to use after Robert went through the different functions of the alarm. Thanks Robert!!

Tony H
August 19th, 2019 Huffman, TX DETAILS

The Technician was very knowledgeable and was able integrate most of an existing system that was installed in my house when it was built. I have used several other security systems in the past. The Fort Knox System is by far the best system I have ever had. None of the competitors offered the features I was looking for at an affordable price. The Doorbell Camera views an extremely wide range and I like having the ability to have Two way voice communication from the door camera and the Two inside Cameras. I Would Highly recommend Fort Knox Security to Anyone.

Sphill
August 13th, 2019 Mansfield, TX

Tech and sales person was excellent service

Shjoro
August 5th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA

Marquis was awesome and system was set up quick. Won’t know much about the service until I actually have to use it.

Charles. M. schill
August 1st, 2019 San Antonio, TX

Jason was excellent. He explained everything. Reviewed the contract & answered questions. It was a pleasure working with him.

Scott Nix
August 1st, 2019 Baytown, TX DETAILS

The sales person told me that I was able to have 8 cameras for my house, with no problems,which ended up not being the case. I called and spoke to the manager, Seth, who stated that he would PERSONALLY handle my case and make sure that everything was good to go. There were problems with the install, and I never heard back from Seth again, despite his PROMISES that he would check back with me, and I put in repeated calls to speak to him.... crickets... nothing at all from Seth. It took over a week to complete the install. The technician was OUTSTANDING, very professional and kind. none of this was his fault in anyway. I would, however, recommend going with another company, as this one lacks communication skills, doesn't follow through on promises, and is very sub par as of this writing.

rpm mini
July 25th, 2019 Irving, TX

FRIENDLY REPRESENTATIVE IN THE BEGINNING,KNOWLEDGEABLE,ABLE TO TAILOR SERVICES TO OUR NEEDS,PROFESSIONAL TECH SHOWED UP ON TIME AS PROMISED,WAS ABLE TO DO THE JOB ON BOTH LOCATIONS WITH NO INTERRUPTION ** I WILL RECOMMEND THEM TO ALL MY FRIENDS

Rob
July 19th, 2019 Austin, TX

Excellent installation experience.This company is efficient does and everything it can to help the customer.

Jocelyn
July 19th, 2019 North Richland Hills, TX

We moved here from Los Angeles and surcharging many home security companies though most companies are almost same . So we carefully focused good customer care and we found this company.. So much great service and fast appointment & set up also my English is poor though until i get it details explain....i love this company and appreciate all steps. Thank you so much!

Kary Richardson
July 16th, 2019 Boerne, TX

Jason was so sweet and kind. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. Also very professional. He did not try to sell us anything extra but listened to what we wanted. I will highly recommend Fort Knox. Thanks Jason!!!

Frank and Galina Lewis
July 15th, 2019 Arlington, TX

Joe came over today and installed the alarm. He was fantastic. We were really stressed at changing alarm companies. He made everything seem so easy. The alarm works great and is much better than our old one. Joe is truly a professional and you should be proud to have him working for you! Frank and Galina Lewis 2015 Hill Country Court

Anthony Marshall
July 15th, 2019 Missouri City, TX

Everything was great . The installation was fast

Sidney Nice
July 8th, 2019 Humble, TX

I tried to be their customer - but they used the CLASSIC BAIT AND SWITCH - Told me in writing - TWICE - "FREE Lifetime Warranty" (July 5th,2019) PROTECT 360 PACKAGE @ $29.95 / MO -1 LED TOUCHSCREEN KEYPAD -1 LTE CELL MODULE -6 DOOR SENSORS -3 MOTION SENSORS -1 SIREN -1 BACK-UP POWER SUPPLY (12 Hour Life) -2 YARD SIGNS -3 WINDOW DECALS -FREE Activation/Installation -FREE Lifetime Warranty -SMASH/CRASH PROOF And when I attempted to order - they raised the price.

Ed Hart
July 8th, 2019 Rowlett, TX DETAILS

The Technician was very knowledgeable and professional. First impression is this is a well managed operation.

Robert G
July 8th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Our system was installed by Enrique yesterday. installation took longer than he wished but it was because of his patience dealing with a couple of old folks who are hard of understanding. so far we are pleased with our experience with Fort Knox. All our questions were answered to our satisfaction. Thank you

Lonnie Williams
July 1st, 2019 San Antonio, TX

Jason, our installer was very professional and courteous, He made the process simple and was done in no time. The rates seem to be the lowest in the market, we are very pleased.

DS
June 27th, 2019 Dallas, TX

Excellent professional service. Made effort to come to my home ASAP. Able to utilize my existing system. Did not try to upsell me.

Kennedy
June 27th, 2019 Aubrey, TX DETAILS

Great customer service, knowledgeable staff, good pricing

K S
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

We had an extremely knowledgable technician named Sean come out and set us up with exactly what we needed, no more, no less. We are very happy with the Fort Knox Security McKinney office.

Dave
June 19th, 2019 Dallas, TX

Marquis was very professional and informative. Answered all our questions.

L. Higgs
June 19th, 2019 Tomball, TX DETAILS

Chris came and installed our system. He was such a joy to be with and was efficient and informative!