Fort Knox Security

7.8

Serving homes and businesses in Texas, Fort Knox Security features low-cost monitoring and security services for residential and commercial properties. Fort Knox has over a decade of experience and focuses solely on security. The company's trained installation technicians each have extensive security system setup experience and can even provide system takeovers for Smith Thompson, ADT, Monitronics, AT&T, DSC, GE, 2Gig, and all others serving the major metro areas of Texas. Fort Knox Security also provides Smart Home integration as well as business security solutions.

Fort Knox Security has low monitoring rates starting at $15.95. However, Fort Knox Security requires a 36-month contract. Read Fort Knox Security reviews below to see what customers note about the pros and cons of the company.

The Good

• Free Activation and Installation
  • Same-Day Installation Available
  • Fort Knox Security Cost
  • Use Existing Systems
  • Tenured Installers
  • $100 Referral Bonus
  • Customizable Security Packages
  • No Contract Options
  • UL-Approved Monitoring Center

Free Activation & Installation

Fort Knox offers upfront cost savings such as free activation and installation. This makes it an affordable and appealing option among other security companies. Waiving upfront costs leaves room in your budget to customize with additional equipment. With $0 alarm activation, Fort Knox Security also offers the below completely free of charge:

• Reprogramming of an existing system
  • Battery replacement, if needed
  • Check-in on system
  • "Minor" repairs on up to two devices
  • System user training
  • Fort Knox Security yard sign
  • Security window decals (5)
  • UL-Listed/Approved monitoring 24/7

Same-Day Installation Available

Fort Knox Security advertises same-day installation on its site. This is convenient for homeowners that want protection right away. You can have peace of mind knowing Fort Knox Security has timely service and will send a licensed technician to secure your home and valuables as soon as possible.

Fort Knox Security Cost

Fort Knox offers inexpensive monitoring plans starting at $15.95 per month, which is significantly lower than what most home security companies charge. Monitoring plans include free activation and installation, but Fort Knox Security does require customers to sign a 36-month contract.

Use Existing Systems

The home security company has the ability to take over existing alarm monitoring systems, meaning even if you don't have a Fort Knox home security system installed in the home or if you are looking to save money by switching from your current security provider, Fort Knox helps you through this process.

Tenured Installers

Fort Knox has professional installer employees that each have about 20 years of experience with varying security systems. You can rest assured that your home will be professionally installed without lifting a finger.

$100 Referral Bonus

Fort Knox Security offers a $100 referral bonus for every person you refer to its services. All you have to do is fill out Fort Knox Security's referral application and once your referral becomes a customer in "good standing," the money will be applied to your account. Note the referral bonus is not paid out in cash; it is only to be used towards your Fort Knox Security account. Also, it is unclear exactly what Fort Knox Security means by the referral must become a customer in "good standing."

Fort Knox Security's website lists this disclaimer regarding the referral program: "$100 account credit is valid for referrals in the first 60 days of service with Fort Knox. After 60 days, the referral credit is $50.00. Referring party must be a Fort Knox customer with an active account in good standing."

In case there are additional requirements for the referral to be eligible to apply and in "good standing," be sure to ask a Fort Knox employee for the details.

Customizable Security Packages

Fort Knox offers three main security packages but also allows customers to customize their own security system plan by selecting their choice of monitoring and equipment.

Fort Knox Available Equipment:

• Color control panel
  • Touchscreen wireless keypad
  • Smart lock (access control)
  • Smart video doorbell
  • Indoor wireless night vision security camera
  • Outdoor wireless night vision camera
  • Wireless glass breakage sensor
  • Wireless motion detector
  • Keychain controller
  • Pet-friendly motion sensor
  • Garage door opener
  • Thermostat
  • Panic alert button
  • Vanishing wireless door or window contact
  • LinearLinc light bulb

Fort Knox Available Monitoring Options:

• Wireless Protect (Wireless monitoring of existing systems)
  • Wireless Plus (Wireless Protect with new panel)

No Contract Options

Fort Knox's DIY home automation packages allow you to manage the smart devices in your home from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.  You will also be able to view your home’s cameras from anywhere in the world (with an internet-connected device). If you live in Texas, Fort Knox can even professionally install your system for just $99.

UL-Approved Monitoring Center

Fort Knox's UL-approved monitoring center adds an extra level of security for homeowners that supplements their direct control (via control panel or mobile device) and visibility over their security alarm. In the event of a fire or other emergency, the company's monitoring station will send immediate assistance.

The Bad

• Interactive Services Cost Extra
  • Poor Online Transparency
  • Limited Service Area
  • Cancellation Complaints

Interactive Services Cost Extra

One downside of Fort Knox is that its 'Interactive Services' (the ability to manage your security system from a smartphone, tablet, or computer) are available as an upgrade. This does not come standard as it does with most other security companies. You may find that having remote access to your alarm system is a necessity.

Poor Online Transparency

Unfortunately, not much information is available online regarding equipment, packages, and pricing options. It lists monitoring plans starting as low as $15.95 per month but it is unknown how much this varies per customer or package. Because of this, it is difficult to know if Fort Knox is the right company for your home or business security needs without calling the company for more information. Potential Fort Knox users will need to contact customer service directly to receive more information on which home security system is right for them.

Limited Service Area

Fort Knox provides residential and commercial security services in the state of Texas, specifically, Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston and their surrounding areas. If you live in these areas, you have nothing to worry about; however, if you decide to move outside the service area before your contract is up, you may have issues canceling and will not be able to continue your service or take your equipment with you.

Cancellation Complaints

Consumers complain of the difficult cancellation process with Fort Knox. This is a common complaint for many home security companies. It is important to read the fine print and policies in any contractual agreement and contact the company with any concerns. A common feature among top home security companies is easy cancellations with no long-term contracts. If you want to learn more about what customers are saying about the company, read Fort Knox Security reviews below. Be especially sure to pay attention to customer service reviews, as this is a big part of a consumer's satisfaction with a security company.

The Bottom Line

Fort Knox Security has a low-fee monthly monitoring plan as well as free activation and installation. Fort Knox allows you to use existing home security equipment and will help you synch the equipment with Fort Knox Security services. This may provide homeowners peace of mind knowing they don't have to buy all new equipment.

However, Fort Knox Security is not interactive through the Fort Knox Security app (available for iOS and Android mobile devices) unless you upgrade to a more advanced package. This is a rare restriction, as most home security providers give you remote access with the most basic security package. An additional con is Fort Knox's difficult cancellation process, as noted by past customers. Read Fort Knox Security reviews below to see what else customers are saying about the security provider. Fort Knox Security is also only available in Texas, so if you are outside of that service area, you cannot use Fort Knox as your security solution.

If any of these disadvantages are concerning to you, we suggest looking into other home security providers.

not_listed_location

Fort Knox Security Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain an alarm permit with my city?

You can visit your city website and apply online.

How many windows are covered?

For all packages, three contacts are included and are generally used for doors. The company recommends adding extra motions or glass breaks for optimal coverage.

Are the alarm systems wireless?

Fort Knox provides wireless alarm monitoring for an additional monthly fee. The company also offers 2GIG systems that provide complete wireless freedom, ex. wireless monitoring and wireless security devices.

What is the average response time?

Once a signal is received by Fort Knox's 5-diamond monitoring station, it takes dispatchers on average 13 seconds to first contact you. After ruling out any false alarms, the company dispatches the proper emergency services. However, if you use a panic button to send out an emergency signal, then police will be dispatched immediately without call verification.

Can I arm my alarm system from my phone?

Fort Knox's 2GIG systems allows you to arm your system remotely. You have total control to interact with your home security from anywhere. You can access your home security system through smartphones, tablets, or internet-accessible computers.

What is Geo-Fencing?

Geo-Fencing creates a virtual fence around a specific area using location-based technology. You can use Geo-Fencing to arm or disarm at certain distances or even raise and lower your thermostat.

Does Fort Knox have no contract options?

Yes! Fort Knox believes you should also have options.

How much does home security with Fort Knox cost?

Home security packages start at $15.95 monthly. The company also offers different packages that include upgrades and cameras.

Are home security systems worth the money?

Fort Knox doesn't think you can put a price tag on the convenience and peace of mind that comes with knowing your home is protected. Examples include receiving fire and carbon monoxide alerts, deterring crime, and protecting your belongings in your home. Someone is always ready to respond to an alarm with 24/7 support and monitoring.

Will my pet set off my motion detector?

Fort Knox's motion detectors are designed to not alert for pets that weigh up to 50 lbs. However, extremely active pets under 50 lbs. could set off motion detectors.
Message from
Fort Knox Security

Here at Fort Knox, we pride ourselves on being the best home security and home automation company in the state of Texas. We believe your safety is everything, whether it's in your home or at your business. According to our customer Cindy, "Fort Knox Security has not only the best systems and options out here, but the best customer service I have ever spoken to." We are committed to innovating your home security experience. There's no place you should feel more comfortable than in the confines of your own home. That's why Fort Knox Security Systems provides smart home systems that can understand your habits and make adjustments for your comfort and safety. For over a decade, we have been providing premier home security systems. You can rest assured that if any security breach is detected, we will be there to help you. The 24/7 monitoring, premier alarm systems, and no-contract options give you the peace of mind you deserve. Being able to control and monitor your home from anywhere is a powerful tool that gives you freedom like never before. Let us show you why we are one of the most trusted home security companies in Texas.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

bookmark

Featured Review

Debbie Bayer San Antonio, TX

This company is fast, efficient and dependable!!! They got to us very quick , installed the equipment and had it going in a very short amount of time. Very knowlegable clean cut, friendly service tech arrived right when he said he would. We are very pleased with Ft. Knox Security Services!!!

Thank you, Debbie!

Feb. 5th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Daniela Rodriguez Garland, TX

Technician friendly, and did and great job with all the installation. Also Alex was very helpful He helped me with the best price and very friendly and he really seems like he care about customers..

Jan. 15th, 2021

Diệt Cộng Fort Worth, TX

The technician did a wonderful job. This is the first time I am with Fort Knox, but I think nobody out there can beat that.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you, Mr. Cong. Glad you are with a home security company you can trust!

Jul. 29th, 2021

Felicia W. Fort Worth, TX

It's was a stress-free process, from the installer, to the sales/customer service person I spoke to on the phone. I haven't had any problems and my cameras work well.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Great to hear, Felicia! We want your experience with us always to be a pleasant one!

Dixie Shinn Farmersville, TX

They put the wrong code in and it won’t cut the thing off. I don’t have time to have them come out again. The installer got on my Ipad and I didn’t know what he was doing and when he left I looked to see what he had done and he had signed all the forms for me and I have no idea what all he signed. I thought he was okay until I saw this. I need another remote but the person I talked to said he couldn’t do that. I would have to call another number and I didn’t have time to mess with it. I am 84 years old and my son lives next door and if he had to come up here to check on me he has no way of turning the system off because the code that I told the guy to put in does not work. As soon as I get the time I am going to another company

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Sorry to hear about your experience, Dixie. We value you as a part of the Fort Knox Family and promise to make this right. Please call (469)907-1550, and we will send someone out to reset your code and fix any other issues you may have.

Angela Krog Houston, TX

Fort Knox is a great company. Their sales team is exceptional and very responsive and their install team is just as good. We use them for all our companies!

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you for the great review, Angela. We can't thank you enough for choosing us for your security needs across all your companies.

John Austin, TX

I am a new customer with Fort Knox Security. I must say that the initial contact was good, the middle sales pressure was obnoxious, but the negotiated ending seems to be good. The installation Tech, Matthew, was superb and is the reason that I am a current customer. He was professional, efficient, and honest. He inspired faith in the company and eased any concerns I may have had. In total, I am very satisfied with Fort Knox Security thus far and would certainly recommend them for your consideration.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you so much, John. We rely on our amazing technicians to show what the company is all about. Glad to hear about your experience.

Jul. 1st, 2021

Avinash Austin, TX

Initial setup was not so good, they charged me for an issue they were not able to fix on my existing pre-wiring forcing me to bye their wireless window sensors, and they charged me for wireless glass breakers as they do not have wired ones

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Sorry to hear about your experience, Avinash. Unfortunately, your pre-existing equipment was not compatible with our system. Though our reps will offer security amenities they believe would suit your home, they would never force you to buy any unnecessary equipment.

Susan Gonzalez Leander, TX

Every time I have had an issue on my part of not knowing how to adjust ir change a setting they have been very helpful and patient with me.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you, Susan! Part of keeping you safe is making sure you are comfortable with operating your system. Call us anytime you need assistance!

Ken Humble, TX

The transition during Covid left me hanging with an installation fee (unpaid) and my install remains incomplete still today at 7 months and counting. My guess is that Ft Knox got a lil PPP help and are doing fine. Customers hold the crap tho. **STAY AWAY**

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Sorry to hear about your troubling transition during Covid, Ken. Covid has caused many issues that we are committed to overcoming. We have been in business for over a decade and have become one of the fastest-growing security companies due to our commitment to our customers and quality service. Please call us at (469)907-1550, and we would be happy to finish your installation process.

Staci Blakemore Desoto, TX

Fort Knot has great customer service representatives, when I receive a call there seems to always share my concerns, to make sure I'm okay.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

You are a part of the Fort Knox Family now, Staci. Thank you for the kind words.

Janet Muir Converse, TX

Great customer service and the tech support is very helpful. They were timely, professional, and followed Covid-19 safety protocols.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you so much, Janet. We pride ourselves on efficiency and integrity, please reach out if we can do anything else to enhance your security system.

Stewart Plano, TX

Attention to detail on a consistent basis with knowledgable personnel handling all calls and inquiries 24/7

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you for the great review, Stewart! We do our best to keep ourselves up-to-date on equipment and services in order to help you out at any time.

Dennis Weatherford, TX

They kept showing I was late on my monthly payment when it was set up for auto pay on day one the only way I could stop this from appearing late was to take if off of auto pay and pay it when the due date says

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Dennis, I'm sorry to hear about your payment issues. If you could call us at (469)907-1550, we would love to help you set up auto-pay for the correct date, and reimburse any late fees accrued due to any negligence.

Sara Belton, TX

The sales and installation team was great! However, the system promised is not meeting our needs. I have been waiting for a callback to resolve a major issue for well over a month. Not happy at all.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Sorry to hear about your experience, Sara. Can you please elaborate further on what major issue you are having? You can call support directly at (469) 907-1550, and we can have a tech look further into your issues and make sure all your needs are met.

prasanna Plano, TX

I dont have all the windows security proof and pay close to $32 . Its not bad but not good either. Had to get supplemental home security.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Prasanna. Please call us. We would love to add sensors to any of your missing windows and show you what separates us from our competitors.

May. 21st, 2021

Jo Ann Smith Arlington, TX

The setup was fast. The system is easy to use especially the quick call back when system has been alerted.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you so much, Jo Ann. Our security services don't end after installation, welcome to the Fort Knox Family.

Ron Hall Kendalia, TX

Prompt, knowledgeable, professional service. Quick to respond to any questions. Very pleasant staff as well.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you, Ron. Customers like you are the reason we are the fastest-growing security company.

Rebecca Keller, TX

Because they are a 5-star company! Their customer service department is extremely helpful and they don't dismiss you.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you, Rebecca. We take all security questions and concerns very seriously. Fort Knox is here for you!

Kevin Little Elgin, TX

It’s ok. Don’t care for the exposed wires and the system using outlets. More of a DYI install than a professional installation. It’s an ok set up but would prefer the wiring to be wired to the house and not plugged.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Sorry to hear about your experience, Kevin. Please reach out to customer service (469)907-1550 so that we can help you resolve this issue.

Gerald McCarthy Saint Clair Shores, MI

Great company glad to have them on board neigh hood is pretty stable but when the tenants are not home the security could be breached.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Glad to have you on board as well, Gerald. Thanks for the great review.

Adrienne Jarrett Hurst, TX

Always helpful and reliable. Knowledgeable to answer question relating to the equipment.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you for your kind review, Adrienne! It is important that you are informed and comfortable working with your system!

Muhammad Noman Sugar Land, TX

I have service since 1.5 yrs and I didn’t get a chance to use them so I can only say satisfied with customer service

Reply from Fort Knox Security

We are glad to hear you've stayed safe, Muhammad. Thank you.

Vinette M Ellis Katy, TX

The installation of my system went well. My monitoring service is through ALERT 360.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

That's great to hear, Vinette! If you have any questions, be sure to give us a call!

Alfredo Souza Fort Worth, TX

Customer service sucks, the equipment the expert recommended was not the equipment needed, they just wanted to make the sale ones of trying to understand what was really needed.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Sorry to hear about your experience, Alfredo. Our security specialists really do want to get you set up with the right equipment that fits you. We would love to revisit your system and reconfigure your setup as needed.

May. 21st, 2021

June Richardson, TX

They were very experienced and on time. The service after signing up has been good also.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you, June. We intend on making this partnership a long and lasting one. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.

Praveen Frisco, TX

The app never works. The wall unit doesn't show proper lights. Previous security company immediately call me but Fort know when security went off 10 times i got call may be only once.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Sorry to hear about your experience, Praveen. Please call us at (469)907-1550 and we will get your app up and running and address any other issues you may have.

Gordon San Antonio, TX

The system isn’t communicating with the main frame and I get messages each month to manually test the system. I didn’t sign up for this.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Sorry to hear about your issue, Gordon. Please reach out to customer service (469)907-1550 and we will have this issue fixed for you promptly.

Frances Ramos Houston, TX

its ok - with Xfinity I was able to go back on see what happened .. this is just a camera to view at the moment Dont Like but am stuck with contract never received sign for yard.. i use my Xfinity sign

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Frances, were sorry to hear about your experience. Please call us (469)907-1550 and we will help you access your recorded footage and send out a yard sign immediately.

Joseph lopez San Antonio, TX

Was told I would have three months free starting the service and didn’t happen. By second month I needed to pay, that just shows me not a company of its word.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Sorry to hear about your experience, Joseph. Our technicians follow a high code of ethics and are trained to be as transparent as possible when providing the details of your security system agreement. Please reach out so we can fix this for you.

Janeth Mendoza Fort Worth, TX

Very professional and informative thanks

Thank you, Janeth.

Aug. 4th, 2021

Claudia Fernandez Forney, TX

Dylan and Drew were very professional and attentive. Great customer service.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you, Claudia! Dylan and Drew do an awesome job in caring for their customers!

Jul. 28th, 2021

Raymond Vasquez Buda, TX

The connection is always bad. Takes a long time to load videos. Also you only get a limited amount of videos before you have to get the company to reset it for you.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

We would love to run a diagnostic on your security system, Raymond. Please reach out to support at (469)907-1550, and we'll help you find the source of your connection issues.

Jun. 3rd, 2021

Pamela Goudlock Anna, TX

Great help with understanding options and install was efficient.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Glad to hear things are running smoothly, Pamela! Let us know if you need anything further!

Jim Crump Dallas, TX

Honesty. Superior installation/customer service. Superior value over ADT.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you for your kind words, Jim! Being upfront with our customers is very important to us!

Debra miles McKinney, TX

It is easy and keeps us feeling safe! The videos are easy to view.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Your safety is our priority, Debra! Thank you for the great review!

Lorena Padilla Grand Prairie, TX

Easy to use. Great installation man. Knowledge service representative.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Great to hear, Lorena! Our highly-trained staff is here to assist you whenever you need it!

Saundra Britton Fort Worth, TX

Simple to use, when I made a mistake on l pad they are friendly and courtesy.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

We're here to assist you anytime, Saundra!

May. 20th, 2021

Anthony Trevino Helotes, TX

Quality and Dependable customer service rendered at reasonable price

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you, Anthony. We pride ourselves on top-notch customer service.

Cathy Harris Marble Falls, TX

WE HAD AN EQUIPMENT PROBLEM ABD FORT KNOX IMMEDIATELY TOOK CARE OF IT

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you, Cathy. We have the best technicians in the biz.

Enrique Rodriguez San Antonio, TX

Camera go offline alot have to constantly go out a reconnect my self. There WiFi network for the cameras themselves. I’m just tired of it.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Sorry you are having this issue with your camera, Enrique. If you call (469)907-1550 we will have customer service help you fix this issue.

Robert Mueller Houston, TX

Great system. Need to know how to turn off cameras when not desired.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you, Robert. Please call customer service at (469)907-1550 and we will walk you through the proper steps to fix this.

Larry Fulenwider Mesquite, TX

We are having camera issues and we have been told twice someone would come and check the issue, but no call and no one has shown up.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Sorry to hear about your camera issues, Larry. Please reach out to customer service at (469)907-1550 and we would be happy to resolve this issue for you.

Aaron Mesquite, TX

Outstanding. Like the quality of the system and services that I am receiving from them

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Glad you are pleased with the system and service, Aaron. Love hearing from our great customers.

Ebony Little Elm, TX

Decent experience, sometimes the doorbell camera lags and I hate that it can’t be viewed while on an active call.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you, Ebony. We are constantly innovating our equipment technologies and are diligently working to fix this issue.

Jeanine LeBleu Brookshire, TX

There are constant problems with the system and they do nothing about it when I lose service without me calling them. Aren’t they supposed to be monitoring it?

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Sorry to hear of your issue, Jeanine. Yes, we are monitoring. We offer 24/7 home alarm monitoring at a low monthly rate. Please reach out if we can assist you in any way.

Sheila Branham Katy, TX

Exceptional, very professional and courteous. Very helpful any time I have questions.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Sheila, thank you for the amazing review. We love helping our customers with their security needs. Please don't hesitate to reach out in the future.

Lucio Tavernini ,

Matthew, our tech, arrived before 2:30 pm and worked incessantly until past 7:30 pm. He finally left at my insistence because I thought that he needed to get supper and some rest. He was completely amazing, extremely knowledgeable and highly efficient.

Thank you Lucio!

Jan. 18th, 2021

Ravi Ranjan Sugar Land, TX

Good balance of cost, features and service.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Thank you for the 5 stars, Ravi! We strive for security services that can be utilized by everyone!

Clara Whitfield Mesquite, TX

Had issues with Installation Tech but they were resolved amicably.

Reply from Fort Knox Security

Sorry you experienced issues with the installation tech, but I am relieved to see we could resolve the problem quickly. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Clara.