Lorex is focused on bringing the latest and greatest video technology to all its members so they can capture experiences in all their vivid detail. The company has one of the most easy-to-use home security camera systems on the market. The system integrates easily with apps and helps users to monitor the safety and sanctity of their home.

Lorex provides video solutions to both small businesses and consumers in the United States, Canada, and the UK. The company offers wired, wireless, and IP cameras, as well as larger and more cohesively integrated monitoring systems. Some systems include SD Card recording capability, while others are modeled with more elaborate DVR recording platforms.

Lorex Technology is based out of Markham, Canada. In recent years, a company known as FLIR SYSTEMS, INC acquired Lorex. Lorex's system is pretty streamlined, as it comes with two cameras, but customers can easily expand their home security system beyond that. Customers can add cameras onto the Lorex home security system presented on its website, as well as wireless range extenders, increasing the capabilities of the system in the home.

Unfortunately, the majority of Lorex reviews are negative, noting poor customer service, inadequate tech support, and unreliable products.

Swann chevron_right
1.5
Guardzilla chevron_right
1.4
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Camera System Bundles
  • Skype Functionality
  • Heavy-Duty Recorders
  • Camera Monitor
  • Camera Quality
  • Customization

Camera System Bundles

Lorex has camera bundles available for customers who want to purchase more than one camera at one time. Camera systems can have up to 32 channels, and there are many more to choose from. Lorex's available camera systems are as follows:

Digital IP Systems

Digital IP systems are best for monitoring larger areas with high amounts of traffic, such as warehouses, commercial units, businesses, and residential homes.

MPX/Wireless Systems

MPX systems are best for urban properties, farms, smaller businesses, and residential homes. MPX systems can also include wireless surveillance cameras.

Wire-Free Systems

Wire-free systems are best for users who want the most flexibility with their Lorex security cameras. Being wire-free, these security cameras can be moved with little difficulty. Keep in mind that wire-free systems are ideal for low-traffic areas.

Skype Functionality

Lorex's home security system, the SD7+ wireless home video surveillance kit, is accessible via Skype. There are pros and cons to the Skype functionality. With the Skype feature, you can access the SD7+ system from virtually anywhere in the world, granted you have a Skype account. This is a great way to increase the robustness of the hardware while not worrying about the cross-compatibility between different platforms. The bad news is if you have a Mac, you can't use the system over Skype. The Skype compatibility works on the iPhone (with iOS 4.0 or better) and Android phones (Android 2.3 or better).

Heavy-Duty Recorders

Lorex has heavy-duty network video recorders (NVRs). With 24/7 functionality, the recorders have various recording modes, pre-installed hard drives, as well as the ability to connect to your system using Lorex's mobile app. Most of the recorders include combinations of IP cameras that have pan-tilt-zoom functionality, color night vision, and motorized varifocal lenses.

Other camera capabilities can include IK10 vandal-proof ratings and listen-in audio functionality. The NVRs are also compatible with Lorex's mobile app that allows remote viewing at any time and anywhere.

Lorex has three video recorder options:

• Security NVR
  • Security DVR
  • Wire-Free DVR

Camera Monitor

Another positive is that the SD7+ system comes with a monitor. The Lorex system was one of the only camera packages that we reviewed that included a monitor. The 7" monitor comes with a lot of different settings that enable you to easily adjust the brightness of the screen, view multiple cameras, and add additional cameras that are purchased separately beyond the first two. You can't go beyond 4 cameras, however.

Camera Quality

Lorex security cameras are high quality with a wide variety of features:

• Weatherproof
  • Vandal-resistant
  • 4K resolution
  • Wide-angle
  • Color night vision
  • Two-way audio and talk

Customization

Lorex makes this system very customizable. The basic SD+7 system includes two cameras (you can add two more). However, if you have a larger home, you can purchase additional wireless range enhancers. There are two different range extenders, and you can purchase both of them for $69.99.

The Bad

• Limitations
  • Number of Cameras

Limitations

Unfortunately, you cannot use the Skype functionality of the Lorex system with Macintosh computers. This was disappointing, as Skype works pretty well with the Windows operating system. There were a few other details that we read in the fine print that concerned us. For example, you can only upload pictures to a computer if it is running windows.

Another issue that concerned us was that there was no power over Ethernet. If you have a camera as part of the Lorex system, it depends heavily upon conventional power outlets, severely limiting the camera's deployment in the outdoors. Also, in order to interface with a computer, you must have a USB connection between the 7" monitor and the computer. This somewhat limits the system's functionality when a wireless home network is used.

Number of Cameras

With so many surveillance cameras, it may be difficult to decide which ones are the best for you. However, if you do the research and decide which type of Lorex security cameras best fit your ideal security, then the wide variety of cameras may be a convenience to you.

Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Overall, Lorex offers good basic home security systems. If you have a Mac, buyers beware. You won't be able to use the Skype app on Apple machines due to incapability issues. Also, there doesn't appear to be any momentum on Lorex's part to resolve this issue. However, this is not a truly "wireless" system. If you want to upload camera images or videos to your computer, you will need the SD card or a USB cable to connect to your Window's machine.

The app compatibility product on smartphone devices with this system is acceptable. Lorex supports older versions of iOS and Android (4.0 and 2.3 respectively). In fact, Lorex security systems support the widest range of mobile platforms in terms of age. Some of the products reviewed here only worked with iOS 6.0 or greater. In this sense, Lorex is a good system if you have an older iPhone or Android phone.

Lorex offers a variety of security products with camera system bundles available for those who want a higher quantity of cameras. The company's network video recorders are high quality and include three options: Security NVR, Security DVR, and Wire-Free DVR.

Lorex security cameras are weatherproof, vandal-resistant, wide-angled, and include 4K resolution and color night vision. However, the majority of Lorex reviews are negative, highlighting poor tech support, malfunctioning products, and bad customer service. We suggest looking into home security companies with better reviews and more extensive options.

Need a Full Home Security System? See Top Companies

1.2

j wayneair

May 20th, 2020 Clemmons, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I started with a wireless system, but the response time was too long for my liking. Sent it back, replaced it with 4K IP nocturanals cameras and NVR. It’s been an amazing system for the last 3 years. No issues whatsoever.

Steve W.

May 17th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have owned this $2300 Lorex NR916 4K 8mp 16 camera system for almost 2 years and have had nothing but trouble. Lorex has replaced the NVR 3 times due to various issues leaving me with no recorder for 3 weeks each time. The night vision has always been horrible & I have spoken to Lorex at least 2 dozen times about it.

WHO Am I

March 23rd, 2020 West Kelowna, BC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

“Bought a Lorex system to replace my aging but perfect old system. Thought all was fine until I read an article to actually "comb" through all footage. WOW! System missed many events. Lorex got involved and after many, many, hours, replacement of cameras, system still misses events. Talked to their best tech (Vitaliy). Last thing he said this system does not have enough "horse power" and was only an entry system. Rep online says to keep talking to Vitaliy while he says there is nothing he can do. If you want to keep your family safe, especially in these dangerous times, buy another brand like I have to do now. I have no choice now but to sell discount Lorex system to buy a Supercircuits system. My old system was Supercircuits and never missed 1 event while not catching every snowflake.

Dar

March 16th, 2020 Toronto, ON DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Dito same issues as everyone else. Seems to me a better dvr with a better app would solve the problem . Can anybody tell me about a dvr for wire free cameras, i can buy beside lorex

Brian Miller

March 10th, 2020 Westminster, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lorex has to be the worst company to order anything from I ordered an nvr and two cameras from them and a week later they sent me an email telling me they wanted pictures of utility bills to prove I'm me and the bill have to show your name and address who gets paper bills anymore they told me if I want to reorder I can use pay pal because apparently pay pal can't be hacked like a credit card can in there minds the have the worst policies and the worst customer service of any company I have ever had to deal with I will never understand how a company with such horrible customer service and policies can stay in business so long

Shane Hughbanks

February 17th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

02-17-19 Lorex will not help me even after several attempts to resolve my issue! When I updated my review on Google, I received an email from the Lorex Senior Retention & Feedback Manager. The manager stated to me in the email, "Right off the bat, you should understand that I am not Customer or Technical Support (I'm sure you've had your fill with those two departments) but more of a standalone department that oversees special cases. It's easier to see me more as Human Support than anything else. I’m really sorry you had to go through all this crap just for me to come across your case. I’m going to take a look to see why our tea, didn’t resolve this ordeal and, more importantly, could close the issue in a few emails". Mr. Senior Retention & Feedback Manager, I have sent you multiple emails asking you to get back to me, and you have not! Just as the Customer and Technical Support Teams have lied to me, YOU have also lied to me by not returning my emails. Do you remember telling me in the same email, "Let’s start there- I promise the finish line is just ahead. I’m always around, Cheers,"? I did receive two calls recently from the Lorex Technical Support Team. The person on the phone both times said the phone number so fast you could not pick up all ten digits. I even sent an email back to the Senior Retention & Feedback Manager explaining this, and you guessed it, He has not responded. No wonder the Customer Service and Technical Support team does not provide customer service when their leadership does not provide customer services and lies to the customers. Again, save your money and buy a different security camera system. I have six cameras that will not work since Lorex last upgraded their system, and they have failed to help me even with a five-year warranty that I purchased to protect my cameras. Shane Hughbanks, A very dissatisfied customer.

Joseph Torres

February 13th, 2020 Bradenton, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lorex has terrible customer service and does not have your interest or safety un mind. Do not purchase any lorex product for they do not last and will be a constant problem. Will fight you to not honor your warranty and if they do will leave you without your system. They take forever to get back to you and good luck getting someone capable on the phone.

Robert

February 9th, 2020 Austin, TX

I had a Lorex Flir-FX system that worked fine until Lorex closed down that system in 2019 and replaced the camera with a Lorex LNWCX-C camera. The replacement camera model # does not exist on the Lorex web site. Not only does it not exist on their web site, it doesn't work. Never has worked. I have tried to get it working over the past several months but have not gotten anywhere, so I gave up out of frustration. I called Lorex and I have emailed them but all I've gotten is the run around. They act like it is my fault that the camera does not work. The camera will not link to my phone, period. I do not recommend anyone to buy this camera. The reason I gave it a one star review is because there is no way of giving it a lesser score.

Trevor Hill

February 6th, 2020 Statesville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with Lorex is not good at all. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone! I bought a 6 wireless camera system with a 1 Terabyte hard drive. First issue that I noticed right off was I noticed it doesn't come with 1 Terabyte as advertised. It had 553 Gigs. That is 47 Gigs short. That is a lot of space that could be used for recording. When I called and asked about it, I was told that none of them actually came with 1 Terabyte. I said, that's false advertising! Moving on, I bought my system in July of 2019. In September of 2019 I started having multiple issues with cameras making noise, no sound on cameras sometime, sounds like the cameras are being fried, and the dvr making a sound like a fan running and making long beeping sounds just to name a few problems. I have sent emails repeatedly and called repeatedly since September of 2019. I was told in December by a technician that her supervisor approved for me to be sent 1 camera, like that was gonna fix anything but it was a start. The camera never came so I called back. When you call you might get somebody in the Philippines, next time somebody in South America, then back to the Philippines. Do you feel my frustration?! When I didn't get the camera, I called back. They said they didn't know what was going on with it and I ask them to put a trace on the camera and they did. It had never been sent! I was livid. I called back again and spoke to someone different again, and the technician and her supervisor apologized and said they were gonna send it to me fast this time since I didn't get it. They said if the camera didn't fix all the problems, I would be getting a new DVR. Guess what, the camera never came, again. I called back again, to South America. I went through the whole freaking story again and I talked to the Supervisor and they apologized over and over and said we are gonna send a new camera and you will receive it in 5-7 business days. If the camera doesn't fix my issues then I am gonna get a new dvr, they said. I will believe it when I see it. I have been trying to get Lorex to warranty their stuff for 6 months now and I have got no where. I have jumped through every hoop and hurdle, trouble shooting multiple, multiple times. Lorex should take care of me in a very big way. Some free range extended antennas would be nice for starters. I have never seen a company more unprofessional! My Uncle is a Senior Producer with ABC News in New York and he knows about how I have been treated. He and I have talked about them doing a story on me about how Lorex has treated me. I guess we need to do that.I am disabled. We have security issues and I need a good working system and a company that is gonna stand by their word and treat their customers better. Sincerely, Trevor

Mika Kamei

January 30th, 2020 Surrey, BC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Low quality of a product, employees, and service. If they continue this, they will not be around in 5 years. Not worth it.

John Durkin

January 27th, 2020 La Habra, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Attempting to give 0 stars. Their products are bought from Chinese manufacturers and white labeled. May as well buy direct from alibaba if you can deal with the absolutely awful, wildly insecure, and unreliable garbage software they come with, and won't require any tech support to do that - because lorex offers basically 0 tech support at all. Total trash. Don't waste your time and money on this joke of a company's products.

James Buddy Rogers

January 22nd, 2020 Maple Ridge, BC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered a system with 6 cameras, NVR and they tossed in a 200 foot cat6 cable. They sent the wrong NVR, so I called. They said it was discontinued and sent this one, which they claimed is better. But, its not. 10TB storage vs 16TB storage for one, not better. So I asked for them to send me one that was more in line with what I ordered, they said no. So they wanted me to pay for a unit and then accept a unit worth less. Either that or return it all, so I returned it all. The cable they sent they refused to sent, too bad so sad I was told. Terrible company to deal with. I couldn't get past the horrible customer service and sales. I was a fool to hope someone I talked with would work with me on getting me what I ordered, and needed. But nope, they could care less. Sad, I was looking forward to the equipment.

UC

January 22nd, 2020 Jacksonville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

having purchased Lorex systems before, I thought I'd try them again. So I purchased two 2K 8 camera systems complete with 2 year warranties direct from Lorex. We had a breakin and while reviewing the recording with the police, I noticed I had a camera out. I have been trying the last three weeks to get a RGA for this camera. I've dotted all my i's, crossed all my t's, answered all their questions, and jumped through all their hoops. Still waiting! I've called numerous times and the answer is the same, You will receive in email. The system is not bad as long as it works. I wouldn't bother with any extended warranty. By the time they honor it, the system will be dead or I will be.

James G

January 21st, 2020 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bad product and bad customer support. They will dump you once they had your money.

steve magassy

January 13th, 2020 Potomac, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lorex LNR 380 Quit working remotely Let me tell lorex something. Your customer service Is the absolute worst in the industry . I have over 35 Logged hours trying to deal with you to absolutely Zero resolve . Go ahead and look at all the notes on my case. Nobody calls me back, I’m on hold for hours st a time, Tier 3 customer service is a disaster, and all I get is call You back to continue the case. I be been promised phone Calls back from supervisors and it doesn’t happen. I purchase this system a few years ago and you made It obselete to use remotely. And this is my fault? Are These systems disposable with a shelf life of 2 years? I’ve been promised exceptions to my warranty and have Emailed back all your requests as well. Look at my file. You even Promised and sent an email confirming shipping a replacement Unit 3 weeks ago. Again another lorex disappointment And fail. Consequently , I had a fire at work where the system Is that would have been detected and taken care of had I remote access via the app . Lorex has been terrible and I want to know what your Final solution is before I throw it away and let others know On Reviews of how lorex products and customer service really is. I don’t have any more time to go back and forth . I hope this finds somebody high up. What are you going to do about this????? Steve

Rich

January 11th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The recent firmware update in November to fix the compatibility issue with the poorly released app update has bricked my system. Was supposed to get a replacement along with 50,000 others. Hasn’t turned up, No replies from Lorex. £475 wasted on a system only purchased in 2017

stephane

December 31st, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

since an auto update in august 2019 it s impossible to view remotely then useless 1 bought 2 systems both hard drive failed, one was replaced quickly and free under warranty. They are useless for product support and never provided a patch against this update wich disabled may system and many others. do yourself a favor, buy something else.

Bill Stavenger

December 24th, 2019 Cedar Island, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

MAKE the Eco stratus app work like it used to for the ECO model DVRs. I literally in the past was able to connect to the internet for remote viewing (back in 2017) in less than 2 minutes. WHY WHY WHY did you change the Eco Stratus app? Makes me wonder if your software engineers really understand their own app. Bottom line…use the KISS system..Keep It Simple Stupid and not COIK…Clear Only If Known.

eschink

December 21st, 2019 Escondido, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

1) It's been a week and tech support has not written back. We needed to upgrade our mobile ap for our LH07041TC4W, but our system is not listed on their webpage which tells you which new ap to use. 2) If you don't have a better-than-average phone connection, you simply can't view any video. But, Skype will still work. 3) Outdoor camera stopped working after 2 years. 4) Other various problems.

Dave M.

December 16th, 2019 Grand Rapids, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible customer service, Every thing is supposed to be a easy install yet my cameras won't connect, Called them three times, (currently waiting on a call back) and still no help. Save your money and go with a different system.

Lillian

December 16th, 2019 Beverly Hills, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There’s no negative stars!! I wouldn’t even rate them with one! Unable to connect the wifi Cirrus system app. I have two useless paper weights for the last 6 months. I’ve tried everything. Uninstall/reinstall. Called support - got no support! Tried ‘chat’ — useless!! The system and service is a complete and utter failure. SPEND YOUR MONEY ON A REPUTABLE COMPANY.

Pedja

December 13th, 2019 Pleasanton, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lorex is a mess. Phone app is useless unless you have an excellent wi-fi connected; if you are on your daily phone, forget it. You cannot connect, it just keeps “loading.....” On the same phone I would perfectly see my dog on the Nest live camera from my dog sitter, but I cannot connect with my security system?! I’ve spent $1,200 on the system and I regret doing that.

Alain ganamet

December 7th, 2019 Ann Arbor, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible customer service, on hold for hours, they escalate my ticket and nothing happens. I sent emails, and get emails back promising a call back but nothing happens. I bought early this year 4 WIFI cameras with 2K resolution, and all was well until Lorex discontinued the software they provided to monitor those cameras rendering my system obsolete. They promised to replace with another system but they do not have a 2K WIFI system, I asked for a refund and they are playing hard ball with me foir over 5 month. Stay away from them, their primary focus is the sale, after that you are on your own.

David Morris

November 19th, 2019 Mead, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have bought 3 systems directly from Lorex. Two of the systems were 2K and the last 4K, I really like the 4K, it has much better quality video, so I guess I would really give the Lorex systems a 3 or 4 star rating, but the service is the worst, if I could rate the service I have received so far from Lorex it would maybe be a 1/8 star. I bought the extended warranty, with the comforting ideal if I had problems I could get my system fixed in a timely manner. Well my experience with the service so far, is just the opposite . I called Lorex and the only way I could ever speak with a service rep, was to hit option 1 like I was ordering a new unit and the phone would hardly ring before someone was ready to help, not the case with option 2 where the service people are supposed to answer. I have called them several times and even sent an email, besides the first email they asked me to answer a bunch of questions to better help me. They made me a promise I would have an email with a tracking number for the AC to 12 volt plugin that has gone bad on my unit, something I am sure happens often and I would think they would have lots of them in stock, but still no rhyme or reason from Lorex where, why or how much longer it will be before I get my unit back up and running. Today 11/19/19 is day number 20 since my service case was opened and I answered their email within a couple hours of getting it, so no delay on my part and I am still without my unit working at my place. I may need to put up a sign saying "Dear Mr. bad person, please don't steal anything, as my place’s cameras are down until Lorex decides to send me a replacement part that should have only taken 3 days max." Lol

Lori

November 18th, 2019 Clearwater, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Like all the other reviews poor customer service. You will be on hold for at least an hour. I paid $3000 for 2 systems and now come to find out since the app change I can not run them both on the same app. Not only that but the two apps that they now run on can run on the same PC. So, one system is useless. Don't waste your money!!!

Formercustomer

November 15th, 2019 Downingtown, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Beware of package deals that don’t work. I have tried numerous times to get help. I was on hold for an hour and 40 minutes and finally had someone answer. Was the problem, resolved. NOPE! I have asked in the last 6 emails for them to call me. No call! As a contractor I will NEVER do business with them again and will tell all customers to look for other solutions. Worst customer service of any company I have worked with in over 3 decades. Very sad...........

Robert Shoemaker

November 7th, 2019 Pleasant Prairie, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lorex decided to delete the Lorex net HD stratus app. I now cannot view my cameras from mobile device. I've had an open ticket for this problem for several months now with ZERO support. I paid $1700 for this substandard system. Beware.

Chester

November 4th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible customer service. They just change their apps whenever. What worked before means it will not work with their new and very untested app. Then you have to call into customer service. Literally HOURS on hold with no answer. How Costco can keep this company's product in their stores is beyond me.

Luis Andocilla

November 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Equipment is ok but the software and trying to connect with Lorex to solve a problem forget it.

howard lewis

October 22nd, 2019 Niceville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Consider that you are warned , never, never buy anything from lorax. This company is also FLIR which is used by our military. In war we won't stand a chance .

STEVE

October 22nd, 2019 Berkley, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased a wireless system in July 2019 and in August one battery died , I contacted customer support and talked thru the issue with them on the phone for 1 hour I gave them all the information ex model number of the battery , after 3 weeks of emails they finally sent me a new battery only to find out this was the wrong one it is now almost November and with many emails and phone calls still no new battery THE SERVICE AT THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE

Gmpendll

October 20th, 2019 Slidell, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very upset that i have to purchase a entire new security system due to lorex forcing us to update the software. I travel a lot and like the security of viewing my cameras while away from home. Well that is no longer an option with their crappy system. They provide 0 support.

James

October 17th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wish I could give less than one star. I bought 2 systems a couple of years ago. They changed the software this August 2019 and now I can't access any of my cameras. I've phoned "tech services", been put on hold for hours. The person couldn't resolve the problem and referred me to another 'higher level'. Couldn't fix the software problem there either. Then a month and a half later there is supposed to be a firmware update, which doesn't work. I spent a lot of money and got garbage. This security camera company is the worst company I've ever dealt with in my 60 odd years.

jjfabien

October 15th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Purchased 4 FLIR cameras sold by Lorex. They advertised about rapid recap, the possibility to have videos saved for 1 month (paid service) on their servers, wifi cameras which can be monitored from an app via phones. They all worked very well and after less than 1 year, Lorex decided to cancel this service. They informed their clients that they would refund or exchange the cameras for new ones. They never did and never replied to emails or phones. It was a pure scam. I spent about USD 500 on their cameras and today they are totally scrap and unusable because there are no services or app which support these cameras.

Kim Quintard

October 15th, 2019 Yucaipa, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lorex did an update now it won't work. After spending all day Saturday on the phone on hold and with support, they still couldn't fix it. Monday I waited for the techs to call, they never did. Today they offered to give me a discount on a new one, like I'd waste my money on another one!

Bill

October 9th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You have to be good teck person to figure out how to install. Deciding what cameras so what is difficult. Tilt zoom, pan are not common terms to all. Not all cameras have all features so customizing a $500.00 system to meet your specific needs is difficult. A particular camera may have a good distance pic but try to zoom in. No teck support. Buy and hope for the best.

Cindy

October 9th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had 2 systems. The first only had 2 cameras and 1 crapped out after 1 1/2 yrs. I bought a 4 camera system and it did work great until Aug when they changed something on the app. It is now useless and the say the need access to my computer to fix. I don’t have a computer only an iPad so this is useless now. One of the camera is crapping out again (it drops the signal constantly) so I’ll go else where now. Don’t waste your money cause you’ll be going elsewhere too.

Sylvain Marcil

October 8th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst purchase ever It's a SCAM. No software support after 2 years so that they can sell you another more expensive product (but with a very tiny discount) ***** GO WITH OTHER COMPANIES **** Read the Lorex review in the app store ... you'll see !

Lou

October 7th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought the Lorex Flix FX camera in 2018. Initially bought one but the camera worked so well I bought another for the back of my house. The product would've received 4 stars but these get knocked down to only one star due to poor customer service. In August the company changed the software and promised that they would send free camera replacements that will support the new software. This means my cameras are now redundant and I was told to wait for the new cameras to be shipped from America and it would take 4 weeks. No sign of the camera a month later and when I chased they promised new dates for the cameras to be delivered and those dates have come and gone. When I chased customer services I was told they will give me a tracking number when cameras are dispatched and no tracking number was sent. This conversation has been repeated several times over email, web chat and the telephone since August. Always ‘the end of the week’ and never any updates. I’m extremely disappointed as I invested in these cameras to protect my home for them then to be unusable a year later. I would prefer if I was told I will not be getting the cameras so I can cut my loses and purchase another set of cameras. An action which I will be doing as almost 3 months without security is beyond a joke. I sincerely hope others read this review and take into consideration the poor customer service once you have purchased your item. I’m sure I will receive a genetic response below from the company about how they sorry they are but it shouldn’t take a poor review to force them to take action.

Stephen George Grasby

October 3rd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The wi-fi wireless system was working perfectly until the August upgrade that crashed everything. We called so many times it was a bloody joke. Different case numbers, other options of fixing, and then finally, the new one arrived. Aug 15 to October 1 no operating system and luckily no problems. When and if this system dies we will never purchase from Lorex again.

Gordon

October 3rd, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After the upgrade the cameras would not work. After 5 hours on hold on the phone and 4 technicians, finally found out that I had to put a password on every camera ( I did not on the past version). The system works good now, but the quality of the video had degraded terrible. The live view and the recorded view works great and you can speed up the recording to a fast speed. Once (if they ever do) upgrade the video quality, I will be happy.

steve

October 2nd, 2019 Spokane, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

the camera and dvr system is pretty good. the customer support isnt that great. some times they respond in a few days to a week, this last time its be over 6 weeks. i think the techs just write out anything to get a ticket out of the system. i recently sent an email to them regarding my siren going off intermittently and my reply 6 weeks later was at times our dvr beeps....... not even close to what needed to be addressed.

JOE D. GOFORTH

September 29th, 2019 Mims, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A waste of money and time dealing with service, I have a wireless system, poor battery life, weeks to get a response when they did a software upgrade and was unable to log onto the hard drive.

Kirby Clark

September 28th, 2019 Humble, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Technical service is terrible. Unit stopped working and we were promised a replacement six times and never received it, Still working on getting a replacement after 3 months. Do not buy Lorex products!!

Stephen

September 28th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have read and was alarmed at the negative posts regarding the Lords Eco Stratus App update mid August. Having spoken to them today on an 0800 number I was impressed with their response. The agent was very professional and advised me they had a firmware problem which means the App will no longer work on certain models. He said the would send me a new replacement Hard Drive Recorder which will work with the App and said it would take two weeks. The system is over three years old and is Model LH041 with Wi-Fi cameras. Quite frankly, I'm delighted with their response.

Fred Pammer

September 25th, 2019 Naples, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The cameras are fine although not as clear as advertised. Supposed to be 1080P for like 720P. The worst part is the software. I have three different platforms that I try (emphasise try) to look at :Lorex DDMS (Windows), Lorex NetHD Stratus (Ipad and Iphone). I have not been able to look at my cameras for weeks. The technical support is just about as useless. I report the problems and they email some kind of solution that doesn't work . Then they tell me that they DDNS system is down and expect to get 1t back up in a couple of days. After FIVE Days no luck. I'm about to go purchase another system and throw this thing in the garbage where it belongs

Tina Nelson

September 25th, 2019 Marshall, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We brought our system in February of 2018. We had very little problems with it. And we were very happy with it. Then in July 2019 they did a firmware update which i understand they have to do updates from time to time. But when it messed up our DVR we could no longer see our camera . I called them numerous times. E-mailed them everything they wanted. Jumped through all their hoops and still at the end of September we still have no cameras. Mind you ours was still under warranty to. So i do not recommend this company. Our camera were wireless and they were nice but when you have a problem you get a run around.

DEL @ SCCS

September 24th, 2019 Sausalito, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Technical Support is a joke and basically non-existing... Two out of 8 cameras provided the following monitor display after 2 months "10.1.1.128 INVALID USER NAME OR PASSWORD" Talked to 5 different technical support people whose primary interest was obtain my basic information and asking me to spell each item!!! Very time consuming... Two offered no advise as I hung up or was dropped after conversing for an hour, 3rd explained I needed to reset the cameras and to do so I needed to remove a screw in the top of the camera and press the RESET button. Both cameras were outdoor units and sealed-no screws. The 4th apologized for the incorrect reset advise and stated I needed to do a hard reset and firmware update. Did a hard reset and lost all cameras-6 eventually came up after 2 hours, other two gave same error message. 5th accessed my case # with 3rd T.S. (4th T.S. could not assign case # as system was down) and plug and unplug both cameras and then advised me to change the password to a 6 digit-numeric only password). In attempting to find where to change the password I came across REMOTE DEVICE/Reconnect IPC. When I selected one of the units -status red and put in my existing password made up of11 character with both letters, numbers and special characters it turned green. Performed the same procedure on the 2nd unit, it also turned green. Continued to monitor display and all 8 units were now displaying. Upon arrival at my office I reset my remote PC view and all 8 cameras are displaying. Your TECHNICAL SUPPORT STAFF needs some serious training!

Ron

September 24th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Since the "switch" of August 15, spent over 20 hours on the phone with customer service/tech support and still not working. They promise to call you back, they do not. All they are interested in is clearing their ticket number from your call in. My $5000 system is now worthless. Any attorney want to consider class action lawsuit???

Sundanse

September 24th, 2019 Nashua, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company sucks I have tried to upgrade the new app after aug 15 and and can not do so. I have called 3 times and each time I get a new case number. What a bunch of idiots. Stay away from this company.