Officially created in 1962, Target was one of very few stores that combined fashion, quality, and service with the low prices of a discount store. As time went on, Target became more and more popular and began to branch out all over the United States. Now known for its motto of “Expect more, pay less”, Target strives for just that. This company wants their customers feeling like they are receiving a strong amount of quality for an appropriate price in all of their products. Target may not be just a furniture store, but they do have home furnishing options that may just entice the everyday customer.

#1 IKEA chevron_right
#3 Bed Bath And Beyond chevron_right

The Good

• Range of products
  • Practical and affordable
  • Return policy

Target has many great values going for them. They are a department store ranging from products in clothing and food, to things such as home and furniture. Selling furniture in their stores allows customers the convenience of purchasing items from all different departments in one place.  The categories of furniture they sell include lamps and lighting, rugs, bedding, bath, dining and entertainment and kid's home. The furniture sold at Target stores is found to be practical and affordable for those looking for the simple or temporary lifestyle. Other products are more durable and satisfactory for the everyday home. The combination of these products create shopping opportunities for all customers.  One plus about Target is their free shipping option. If customers pay for over $25 in merchandise they are eligible for free shipping which is very appreciated by many people I'm sure. With their slogan being "expect more, pay less", it's not a surprise to find promotions or deals popping up everywhere on their website. They are working to help customers find what they are looking for at the most convenient cost they can. Another benefit Target brings is that they have a solid return policy. They offer a standard 1 year warranty for all of their store-owned products. Products that are not store owned may be returned within 90 days of purchase. Target also offers a RedCard that may be beneficial to some. Customers using a RedCard become available to receive 30 extra days to return items. These cardholders will receive 5% off every purchase and free shipping on every purchase. Another plus that Target is able to do involves price matching. If a customer brings in a coupon or proof of the same product that target owns that is priced lower than what Target has it priced at, Target will price match. They are willing to price match for their customers, but will not match any special promotions or deals that may be going on at another stores, only standard pricing items. Target has a lot to offer the everyday customer and brings options to those looking for quality at a reasonable price.

The Bad

• Selection
  • Delivery
  • Additional fees

Although Target has many perks, there are a couple things that make buying furniture slightly more difficult through their store. Since it is a department store and has a variety of many other products, the furniture section is not as large as some might prefer. They have little options compared to other furniture stores that strictly focus on selling furniture and home accessories alone. Two other categories that were found slightly concerning were the advertising/sales category as well as their delivery category. Individuals were complaining of issues regarding purchases not being dispersed correctly on their debit cards, as well as other troubles including honoring promises/promotions that were made on their website. Delivery issues consisted of individuals not being able to track their items after they were shipped, not receiving their items in a timely manner, and not being able to communicate successfully about delivery concerns with any representative from the company.  Customers complained of spending countless unnecessary hours on the phone or via email negotiating or brain storming solutions to their predicaments. Something else to be cautious of might include the extra fees that may be added to the price of the furniture purchased if it is excessive or is being delivered to a home that is farther away from the distribution center. The website might say free shipping, but it is a good idea to always check into the fine details to ensure you know what you really are paying for.

The Bottom Line

We suggest Target as a quality store to purchase your home furnishing needs from. They may not have the largest selection of furniture that other stores may be able to provide, but what they do have includes quality products at a reasonable price. Target has a free shipping option and hassle-free return policy that helps cater to customer's needs. "Expect more, pay less" is very apparent in Target's advertising and promotions. Again, Target strives to provide their customers with the best. Potential customers need to keep in mind that those complaints are very minimal in comparison to the total amount of transactions or purchases that are made within the company. Overall, we recommend shopping for furniture at a Target store.

Ian F.

June 19th, 2020 Hattiesburg, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always clean, always a great selection of items, Target is the first place I go when shopping for miscellaneous items. The employees are always friendly, and when I use my Target card linked to my checking account, I always get 5% back!

Emmalie

April 17th, 2020 Norwalk, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I absolutely LOVE target, Target is one of those places that you feel comfortable shopping and looking for your next favorite product!

Karen Torino

April 1st, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At target, I have found simple furniture for my new apartment. The prices can be a little steep, but their items have proven to be of quality.

Bryan Jensen

March 31st, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target has everything you need for your house. They have the best brands at the best prices

Shellie Smith

March 26th, 2020 Kuna, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love Target. The Cat and Jack line is perfect for my growing boys. Their seasonal selections are always well stocked and the teacher bins are fantastic and affordable.

April Jones

March 26th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love how organized the stores are and how easy it is to find exactly what I need! And the cost has always been better than looking through a furniture store, with just as good of quality! And ordering online, I always receive my order quickly.

Mikayla Ralston

March 24th, 2020 Gaithersburg, MD

Never fails to amaze me. The quality is great for a reasonable price. Furniture for every home!

Mirna Hanna

March 18th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service and the products are great quality.

Haley Nemmers

March 17th, 2020 Boulder, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is literally my favorite place in the whole world. I can always find cute decor for my home.

Andrea Diaz-Cepeda

March 16th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target's dedication to customer service is admirable. Once I step foot into a Target store, I have employees asking me "how are you" and "can I help you with anything". It is truly refreshing not to have to hunt down employees for help. Target also ensures that if they don't have the products I want in-store, they'll order it for me making my shopping experience as seamless as possible.

MattB

March 16th, 2020 , UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ordered a rug, came when it said it would, didn’t like it, sent it back. Target was great about my return, still bought another rug, great service

Olivia Norton

March 16th, 2020 Thatcher, AZ

I love target!! It has the cutest furniture and decor and I love that they have magnolia products!!

Rathan Kumar

March 13th, 2020 Trabuco Canyon, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cheap, easy and affordable. What can I say, bought a lot of cookware from them that has lasted a while. Great products overall.

zoe

March 13th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target offers a great variety of all the products I need at a reasonable price! there’s so many home and furniture options. the shipping is fast and easy

Ellie

March 12th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

While targets selection is far smaller than a lot of other furniture stores, it’s options are stylish and well made. I know I can trust the couches, chairs, etc. I purchase there without losing my homes aesthetic.

Emily Norton

March 12th, 2020 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target always has the decorations I’m looking for. They’re on trend, quality products, and always super cute!! I always check the dollar section first because there’s usually some good deals in there, some decorations or furniture can be a little pricey, but you definitely get your money’s worth and you know it’ll last.

Austin Stelmach

March 12th, 2020 Boulder, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I always end up leaving target with more than I need. I ended up buying a cool, foldable chair for my apartment. Every time I have guests over, they always ask where I bought it! Great selection of furniture items!

Theodore Niemann

March 12th, 2020 Boulder, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Definitely overpriced for some things in their store. I can often find products cheaper on Amazon or another online shopping site.

Nicole Jones

March 11th, 2020 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love shopping at Target. You'll literally find me at my local store 3-4 times a week. Target has helped me furnish my home on a budget and I've still been able to keep up on the latest home trends! Target really is a one stop shop for all the things!

SamO

March 11th, 2020 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went to Target and they had nice items and had decent prices. I would shop there again.

Mia

March 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have not had anything negative to say about Target. The employees are very helpful and welcoming, and the furniture items are not too expensive and overall good quality.

Erin Glendening

March 10th, 2020 Livingston, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought my nightstand from target and it’s the best nights and I have ever owned. The drawers are so spacey and I love it.

DeeDee G.

March 10th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Breaks apart easily and paint flakes off of my desk. Would notnreccomend, best to go somewhere else.

Myken

March 10th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is my favorite place to buy everything I need for my home. I love the quality I get for the price. The variety of brands they sell keeps me coming back.

Kathy Faustin

March 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target has a large affordable and nice furniture selection. I have bought a bookcase and shoe organizer from them and the instructions are very simplistic to put them together.

Precious P

March 9th, 2020 Lakeland, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love shopping at Target. They always have good deals going on as well as high quality items.

Tyler Jenkins

March 9th, 2020 Jackson, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every time I need to buy furniture or things for my house, I check out Target. They always have so many options to pick from.

Morgan Elijah

March 9th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Almost everything in my home I have purchased from target. The prices are a bit expensive but the items are so cute and durable. Their shipping prices are fantastic as well and I love that they offer in store pickup.

Katlyn Hockman

March 9th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've gotten almost all of my room decor from Target because its affordable and high quality. They're also so easy to assemble and put them back together.

Jackson Barousse

March 9th, 2020 Kenner, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target has the best deals on inexpensive clothing and furniture. I furnished my entire college dorm with items from Target. I love this store.

Eric Gagnard

March 9th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love this store. Like the items selection, prices, staff. One of the cleaner super centers.

cb

March 9th, 2020 Irving, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love shopping at Target for my home appliances! I’ve bought multiple lamps and items for my bathroom and the quality and price can’t be found elsewhere!

Kilee Wagner

March 8th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Find such great home decor at Target. Love the magnolia line from Chip and Joanna. Great prices too for high quality items!

Rocio Diaz

March 6th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target has a large selection of home and furniture items. Nonetheless, they are pricey and the items may have some damage before being bought.

Janie Dennis

March 6th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As a college student, it is hard to find nice furniture but I love Target for this! Has helped me decorate my room so I can do better in school! Everything is so easy to build and cheap!

OwenE.

March 6th, 2020 Hattiesburg, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

By far one of my favorite places to shop. There’s always great sales happening too.

Josh Harold

March 5th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been a few times and everything seemed overpriced, they had a decent selection of item though.

Annie Chow

March 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My one-stop shop for everything from food to clothes to home decor. Target's variety never ceases to amaze me.

hmarashi

March 4th, 2020 Newark, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I buy all my apartment supplies from target, my shower caddy, dish rack, and everything else come from here. Their customer service reps are always attentive and ready to deal with my issues.

Elizabeth Klemm

March 4th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target was the best place for me to shop for my dorm before I started college. They had everything I needed from decorations, to furniture, to school supplies all at a fair price.

Zabsanti

March 4th, 2020 Silverhill, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love target's variety and their customer service. I bought a couch 5 years ago from them and it is a very good quality couch. Its kept up its time and still holds up.

Maryann Renteria (Mckrae)

March 4th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the toys at Target! They literally have everything! I love that I can use my red are to save and that i can always see weekly discounts as well.

Kimi Bayles

March 3rd, 2020 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We bought some end tables for our bedroom. They have been amazing and held up through multiple moves and small children! And the price was so reasonable!

Jennifer Donnelly

March 3rd, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There is nothing you can't get at target. I love their cute clothes and shoes the most. But I also find myself in the home department looking at all the nice stuff to put in my apartment.

Emily

March 3rd, 2020 Crawfordville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target offered the best quality of furniture when it came time to go to college. I found exactly what I was looking for and the furniture has stood the test of time well. The only issue I have is that it is a bit on the pricey side for furniture but sometimes quality is worth it.

kaylee

March 2nd, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target is great! They have so many great things, and they keep up on trends! They’re a bit expensive but you definitely pay for quality.

Randi Nelson

March 2nd, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Target was amazing when needing to start decorating my dorm apartment. The prices are incredible and the style of furniture is awesome.

Linda Webb

March 2nd, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have bought a few furniture items from here and everything that has come had been great quality and come in great condition

Sandi Burkinshaw

February 28th, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy one stop shopping. Love that I can find a cute shirt, decorations for the house, and a yummy treat. I usually go in for something small like ibuprofen and end up spending $100 and things I just gotta have.

Aidan Keogh

February 28th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The furniture which we purchased at Target was of great quality. They had a nice sized selection, not to big as to overwhelm. The price was competitive.