Target Logo

8.8

Officially created in 1962, Target was one of very few stores that combined fashion, quality, and service with the low prices of a discount store. As time went on, Target became more and more popular and began to branch out all over the United States. Now known for its motto of “Expect more, pay less”, Target strives for just that. This company wants their customers feeling like they are receiving a strong amount of quality for an appropriate price in all of their products. Target may not be just a furniture store, but they do have home furnishing options that may just entice the everyday customer.

IKEA Logo
#1 IKEA chevron_right
Bed Bath And Beyond Logo
#3 Bed Bath And Beyond chevron_right

The Good

• Range of products
  • Practical and affordable
  • Return policy

Target has many great values going for them. They are a department store ranging from products in clothing and food, to things such as home and furniture. Selling furniture in their stores allows customers the convenience of purchasing items from all different departments in one place.  The categories of furniture they sell include lamps and lighting, rugs, bedding, bath, dining and entertainment and kid's home. The furniture sold at Target stores is found to be practical and affordable for those looking for the simple or temporary lifestyle. Other products are more durable and satisfactory for the everyday home. The combination of these products create shopping opportunities for all customers.  One plus about Target is their free shipping option. If customers pay for over $25 in merchandise they are eligible for free shipping which is very appreciated by many people I'm sure. With their slogan being "expect more, pay less", it's not a surprise to find promotions or deals popping up everywhere on their website. They are working to help customers find what they are looking for at the most convenient cost they can. Another benefit Target brings is that they have a solid return policy. They offer a standard 1 year warranty for all of their store-owned products. Products that are not store owned may be returned within 90 days of purchase. Target also offers a RedCard that may be beneficial to some. Customers using a RedCard become available to receive 30 extra days to return items. These cardholders will receive 5% off every purchase and free shipping on every purchase. Another plus that Target is able to do involves price matching. If a customer brings in a coupon or proof of the same product that target owns that is priced lower than what Target has it priced at, Target will price match. They are willing to price match for their customers, but will not match any special promotions or deals that may be going on at another stores, only standard pricing items. Target has a lot to offer the everyday customer and brings options to those looking for quality at a reasonable price.

The Bad

• Selection
  • Delivery
  • Additional fees

Although Target has many perks, there are a couple things that make buying furniture slightly more difficult through their store. Since it is a department store and has a variety of many other products, the furniture section is not as large as some might prefer. They have little options compared to other furniture stores that strictly focus on selling furniture and home accessories alone. Two other categories that were found slightly concerning were the advertising/sales category as well as their delivery category. Individuals were complaining of issues regarding purchases not being dispersed correctly on their debit cards, as well as other troubles including honoring promises/promotions that were made on their website. Delivery issues consisted of individuals not being able to track their items after they were shipped, not receiving their items in a timely manner, and not being able to communicate successfully about delivery concerns with any representative from the company.  Customers complained of spending countless unnecessary hours on the phone or via email negotiating or brain storming solutions to their predicaments. Something else to be cautious of might include the extra fees that may be added to the price of the furniture purchased if it is excessive or is being delivered to a home that is farther away from the distribution center. The website might say free shipping, but it is a good idea to always check into the fine details to ensure you know what you really are paying for.

The Bottom Line

We suggest Target as a quality store to purchase your home furnishing needs from. They may not have the largest selection of furniture that other stores may be able to provide, but what they do have includes quality products at a reasonable price. Target has a free shipping option and hassle-free return policy that helps cater to customer's needs. "Expect more, pay less" is very apparent in Target's advertising and promotions. Again, Target strives to provide their customers with the best. Potential customers need to keep in mind that those complaints are very minimal in comparison to the total amount of transactions or purchases that are made within the company. Overall, we recommend shopping for furniture at a Target store.

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

Target is the best kept secret. There are so many good things they have from bathroom to kitchen to living room, etc. They are decently priced and if you don't like the product, you can return it most of the time without any problems or at least get store credit which you will be able to use easily.

Renee Adams Stanwood, WA

Target is always changing their end displays. Even if, you frequently shop their store, there is a new treasure to find,

Mason Allen Pleasant Grove, UT

Target has upped its game with shifting towards more fashionable furniture and home decorations. I really do like target because I know I can always find things there for a reasonable price that are good quality. Some of the items are a little expensive for what they are worth and so that is why I am leaving off one star.

MommaHarris Salt Lake City, UT

I love the return policy, especially with the pandemic it’s really helped unburden me. I’ve had lots of positive experiences with friendly staff as well, love how they give my toddler a sticker at checkout

Shante Reeder Draper, UT

My favorite store EVER! I love that this is a one stop shop. Groceries, clothing, home decor.... Target has it all. I have really loved that they have been working with more designers on their home and clothing collection! Beautiful items, at reasonable prices!

Yvonne Fink Frederick, MD

Oh, how I love Target! You can Find pretty much anything you want at Target. The prices are fantastic, and you could always find good deals. They have everything from good to home furnishings. I also want to add that their Staff is always there to help you and always very polite.

Andrea Diaz-Cepeda Tallahassee, FL

Target's dedication to customer service is admirable. Once I step foot into a Target store, I have employees asking me "how are you" and "can I help you with anything". It is truly refreshing not to have to hunt down employees for help. Target also ensures that if they don't have the products I want in-store, they'll order it for me making my shopping experience as seamless as possible.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

For smaller home goods and small furniture pieces Target is hard to beat. I like that they do not skimp on quality like other econo retail stores. If Target sells it-you can trust it to last. I like the fashion forward feel of their inventory. It's all very plush and modern. No old fogey stuff here. I also like how helpful the store associates are, very knowledgable.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I always LOVE a trip to Target! There is always something exciting in store. I always check to see what's available at Target when I'm making a furniture selection to see what they have to offer. I have been pleased with guest services at Target as well. I like knowing I can go to the store and talk to someone in person if I have any problems with my purchase. Love Target.

Johanna Grant

I furnished a studio apartment for my mother; about 80% came from Target. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the items I ordered. If you don't mind using a screwdriver (attaching legs to a chair, for example) you can get decent quality for a reasonable price. Shop the web site, read the reviews and understand you pretty much get what you pay for. Easy to make returns to store if need be.

Ashley G Galura South Jordan, UT

They offer a wide variety of high quality products at overall good prices. My family and I have purchased things from clothing, to CDs, to greeting cards, to dish sets, to fresh popcorn. It's a great place to go to spruce up your wardrobe and keep it in the budget, or when it's school supply shopping time and you're counting on discounts but still want quality. Yet it's also eclectic enough that it's a go-to for special occasion items. For example, I would go here to find a birthday present for anyone at any age, and I would most likely find something cheap enough to fit my price range, but high quality enough to make me feel like I'm offering something of value.

Jeff Gonnason Kihei, HI

Store is very clean and attractive, with a great selection of many items at fair prices.

Wendy Park City, UT

Target is a great place to get stylish furniture. It's good quality and very affordable. Ideal when you need an accent piece or when redoing a whole room.

Wayne Young Little Rock, AR

I love Target. It is a well laid out store with a broad range of products so you can check multiple items off your list all in one place. Prices are competitive with any other retailer, including online.

Ian F. Hattiesburg, MS

Always clean, always a great selection of items, Target is the first place I go when shopping for miscellaneous items. The employees are always friendly, and when I use my Target card linked to my checking account, I always get 5% back!

Emily Crawfordville, FL

Target offered the best quality of furniture when it came time to go to college. I found exactly what I was looking for and the furniture has stood the test of time well. The only issue I have is that it is a bit on the pricey side for furniture but sometimes quality is worth it.

Brandie Rudy West Jordan, UT

When it comes to organizing my rooms I always check Target first. They have solutions for any room from bedrooms to bathrooms to living rooms. The products are well constructed and easy to assemble. The affordability makes it a no brainer for me.

Michelle Rios Salt Lake City, UT

I love to go to Target to find treasures that will compliment my home furnishings. We have purchased shelves and chests that hide our kids toys, without looking like a toy chest. The quality has been good and they have held up for several years. The stores are always clean. And the service is unmatched.

Beverly Schacher Gulfport, MS

Target stores have a great selection of good quality, reasonably priced products. Products are displayed in a neat and pleasing manner. There are plenty of checkout registers available to make your shopping experience quick and easy.

Malayah Norcross, GA

I absolutely love to shop at Target. Even if it’s grocery shopping or just looking around, Target is one of my go to for places. they have high quality products and name brands for affordable prices. the starbucks and popcorn is a plus!!

Kimmi Riverton, UT

I am always able to find a store employee cheerful and willing to help. I was organizing my cupboards and found the perfect containers in the bath department. I began looking in a different department but was glad I did a little browsing that day. I was even more excited when I saw the price.

Susan Brown Burlington, NC

At one time i would have given Target 5 stars in spite of the fact that their selection was very bad. Their prices are good sometimes better than Walmart and Amazon. Then they got ship it. No way would i pay $10 a month for something i would rarely use. They started taking items out of shipping and moving it to Ship it. I do still buy from Target but not as often as before

Kimberly LeBaron Delta, UT

Target is awesome for home decor. They have lots of cute stuff for a good price! And what I love about Target is that even though it’s affordable, they don’t skip out on quality. You can find great stuff. Customer service is good and returns are easy as well.

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

All of my kitchen chairs and barstools are from Target. I absolutely love them and get compliments on them all of the time. They were so much less expensive than other brands. They have held up so well and I have absolutely no complaints about them.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

I am pretty sure target can read my mind. They are always ahead of the curve with anterior design and homeware. I always see things I want there that I did not know existed. Everything is always affordable, which is really bad (for my bank account).

Cassidy Gundersen Orem, UT

Target has some of the cutest and most trendy decor and household items. Their stuff is pretty good quality and affordable as well. We have been able to utilize sales on their website to get things for over 50% off. We often get compliments on our decor items from Target! It is one of our favorite affordable furniture and decor companies.

Myra Howes Provo, UT

My husband and I came here to find many things for our home after we got married. We are pleased with all the containers we could find, with the selection of vacuums, and shelves we could find. We wish there were more cookie dough scoop options and more hot pads to choose from. We are pleased with the quality of the products we have bought here and with how attractive they are.

Larson Riverton, UT

I love shopping at Target because you get very good quality items for a good price. For Christmas last year, I got a $50 gift card to Target, and I had fun browsing the whole store. The workers there are so nice and are willing to help you find things. Their toy section is amazing. They also sell furniture for a reasonable price. They sell very soft blankets and pillows. Target also sells groceries so you don't have to make an extra stop at a grocery store. They always have new things. It is very clean and organized. Shopping at Target is fun.

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

I love that I live close to Target because it is one of my favorite places to shop for my kitchen needs in the home. I love the price, but what I love more is the quality of kitchen dishes and pans that I have bought over the years. I love it when someone is registered at Target for their wedding because the process is so simple in buying for our friends and I know they are getting great quality.

Julie Kincaid Soldotna, AK

I love target. I just ordered some bedding from them this week, and it was delivered for free to my door. This is great because I live in a small town in Alaska, with no Target here. Their website is beautiful and easy to use, and when I do visit a store several times a year, it is always a fun experience. Their employees are very nice and helpful too. I will continue to shop with them. I will also say that I love their redcard program (I have it attached to my debit card) because I get an additional 5 percent off everything. That really adds up!

Tera Layton, UT

I really enjoy shopping at Target. It's one of my favorite stores. Their customer service is really good. Target is one of my favorite stores to shop at because the quality of everything that they have is exceptional. The prices can be a little higher than I'd like to pay but the store is so fun, friendly, clean, laid out great but I choose to shop there regardless.

Landon Robison Layton, UT

My wife and I bought a lot of our stuff from Target when we got married. We also used their wedding registry and got great stuff. They are high quality so we know it is always worth the money to buy at Target. Also, we got some duplicate things from Target from our wedding and they were very good at letting us return everything even though we didn't have receipts.

Deanna Moore Dumfries, VA

Excellent products, excellent quality, amazing customer service, and lots of product availability both in store and online. Definitely one of my favorites!

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Target is a awesome store to get furniture and home items. The wide variety of items you can buy is nice. The items are also very high quality. Target is an awesome place to do my home and furniture shopping.

Lane Peters Lindon, UT

I shop at Target and am always pleased at the cleanliness of stores. The items they sell are trendy and of good quality. They make as great effort to get customers through the check out lines quickly. Their tv commercials are pleasant also.

Jeremy Brown Riverton, UT

I can find basically everything at Target. I love it. It has clothes, toys, and furniture. The services are great, they are really friendly and are always in a good mood. But some of the clothes and toys I think are really high prices.

Ameerah5710 St Louis, MO

Target.com online allows easy access to purchase online items with your stolen credit card. My Visa card was stolen and the thieves utilize my card to purchase items on target.com online. When I called Target.com online, the customer service agent told me that anyone can purchase items on target.com online as long as they have a credit card number and a three digit code on the back of the card. The thieves did not use my correct address, name, or my correct ZIP Code. I’m thinking the thieves knew that target.com allows these easy purchases with stolen credit card because they did not attempt to use my stolen credit card on any other websites.

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

I needed some new outdoor patio furniture so I headed to Target. I lucked out because all their outdoor patio furniture was half off! I got a great table and chairs for half of what I went in there expecting to pay.

Breanna Jones Salt Lake City, UT

Target has really stepped up their game over the last ten years. Their home decor and furniture is some of the cutest around. I really like finding affordable pieces that are cute and trendy. I have the target debit card so I always get 5% off my shopping. Target is a great place for one stop shopping.

Sav Flo

Target literally has anything you need! The quality of the products are also pretty average and the prices are great too! I am always pleased with the purchases I make at Target especially when it come to be a new school year, the school supplies are marked at a great price value.

Susan Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

My family loves Target, we use them for so many things. I think their furniture is super cute and has seemed to be great quality. Some of our things have lasted for years. They have kind of a small selection, but it's very cute and modern. My granddaughters love the bedroom set I got them.

Quen Wilson Ogden, UT

We found a great coffee table at Target and it was on clearance. It was exactly what we were wanting, and it has held up great ever since we bought it. I highly recommend Target!

Donald Gustafson Colorado Springs, CO

good stores and friendly people prices are good

April Jones Salt Lake City, UT

I love how organized the stores are and how easy it is to find exactly what I need! And the cost has always been better than looking through a furniture store, with just as good of quality! And ordering online, I always receive my order quickly.

Nicole Jones Sandy, UT

I love shopping at Target. You'll literally find me at my local store 3-4 times a week. Target has helped me furnish my home on a budget and I've still been able to keep up on the latest home trends! Target really is a one stop shop for all the things!

Amy Christian Las Vegas, NV

Received my coffee table that I bought through target online. Its so pretty! The website has a virtual option where I was able to see exactly what the table would look like in my house before I bought it. And it was so accurate! This gives me 100% trust in buying furniture online from target!

Lindsey Newman American Fork, UT

I absolutely love target! The home decor is so cute (I just bought my bed spread from target) and I absolutely love the hearth and hand section!! I could get lost in target for hours. Thank goodness for super cute, affordable things!

Lawrence Lee Provo, UT

Love the ambiance at Target. We have a Super Target nearby and its super convenient! We love being able to go even really late at night and how it can cover a wide range of things we could need. They charge slightly more than say, a Walmart, but it's not very significant. Personally, I still like going to both, but I find it impressive that Target has been able to thrive even while charging more on pretty much everything. Maybe it's higher quality on some things?

Asia Bui Gulfport, MS

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE TARGET! We buy our groceries here from time to time which is great but they also have such cute clothes! We also love all of the affordable and cute furniture in target! Everything looks so chic and I have furnished a lot of my bedroom with their variety of furniture

Haelyn Lahens Deerfield Beach, FL

Target has everything from clothes to baby furniture to coffee machines. I never have any problem finding what I need in the store. My favorite thing about Target are their random little clearance sections. I will go into the store with one product in mind and come out with several cool items for a great price.