Target Logo

7.5

LAST UPDATED: February 3rd, 2023

Officially created in 1962, Target was one of very few stores that combined fashion, quality, and service with the low prices of a discount store. As time went on, Target became more and more popular and began to branch out all over the United States. Now known for its motto of “Expect more, pay less”, Target strives for just that. This company wants their customers feeling like they are receiving a strong amount of quality for an appropriate price in all of their products. Target may not be just a furniture store, but they do have home furnishing options that may just entice the everyday customer.

Costco Home Logo
#1 Costco Home chevron_right
home goods Logo
#3 home goods chevron_right
IKEA Logo
#4 IKEA chevron_right

The Good

• Range of products
  • Practical and affordable
  • Return policy

Target has many great values going for them. They are a department store ranging from products in clothing and food, to things such as home and furniture. Selling furniture in their stores allows customers the convenience of purchasing items from all different departments in one place.  The categories of furniture they sell include lamps and lighting, rugs, bedding, bath, dining and entertainment and kid's home. The furniture sold at Target stores is found to be practical and affordable for those looking for the simple or temporary lifestyle. Other products are more durable and satisfactory for the everyday home. The combination of these products create shopping opportunities for all customers.  One plus about Target is their free shipping option. If customers pay for over $25 in merchandise they are eligible for free shipping which is very appreciated by many people I'm sure. With their slogan being "expect more, pay less", it's not a surprise to find promotions or deals popping up everywhere on their website. They are working to help customers find what they are looking for at the most convenient cost they can. Another benefit Target brings is that they have a solid return policy. They offer a standard 1 year warranty for all of their store-owned products. Products that are not store owned may be returned within 90 days of purchase. Target also offers a RedCard that may be beneficial to some. Customers using a RedCard become available to receive 30 extra days to return items. These cardholders will receive 5% off every purchase and free shipping on every purchase. Another plus that Target is able to do involves price matching. If a customer brings in a coupon or proof of the same product that target owns that is priced lower than what Target has it priced at, Target will price match. They are willing to price match for their customers, but will not match any special promotions or deals that may be going on at another stores, only standard pricing items. Target has a lot to offer the everyday customer and brings options to those looking for quality at a reasonable price.

The Bad

• Selection
  • Delivery
  • Additional fees

Although Target has many perks, there are a couple things that make buying furniture slightly more difficult through their store. Since it is a department store and has a variety of many other products, the furniture section is not as large as some might prefer. They have little options compared to other furniture stores that strictly focus on selling furniture and home accessories alone. Two other categories that were found slightly concerning were the advertising/sales category as well as their delivery category. Individuals were complaining of issues regarding purchases not being dispersed correctly on their debit cards, as well as other troubles including honoring promises/promotions that were made on their website. Delivery issues consisted of individuals not being able to track their items after they were shipped, not receiving their items in a timely manner, and not being able to communicate successfully about delivery concerns with any representative from the company.  Customers complained of spending countless unnecessary hours on the phone or via email negotiating or brain storming solutions to their predicaments. Something else to be cautious of might include the extra fees that may be added to the price of the furniture purchased if it is excessive or is being delivered to a home that is farther away from the distribution center. The website might say free shipping, but it is a good idea to always check into the fine details to ensure you know what you really are paying for.

The Bottom Line

We suggest Target as a quality store to purchase your home furnishing needs from. They may not have the largest selection of furniture that other stores may be able to provide, but what they do have includes quality products at a reasonable price. Target has a free shipping option and hassle-free return policy that helps cater to customer's needs. "Expect more, pay less" is very apparent in Target's advertising and promotions. Again, Target strives to provide their customers with the best. Potential customers need to keep in mind that those complaints are very minimal in comparison to the total amount of transactions or purchases that are made within the company. Overall, we recommend shopping for furniture at a Target store.

Darylle Jefferson Sacramento, CA

Target is another company that does with it say they're going to do their delivery is accurate they're curbside pickup is accurate the employees are outrageously helpful very happy with them

Al Emm Eugene, OR

I've always enjoyed shopping at Target and have for many years. Their products are to my liking, and if I need help finding an item someone is there to help. If I have a return (seldom), they comply immediately.

Dellise Lauderdale Louisville, KY

This company is great needed food and other items when I was short on cash and the credit card gave me extra money to do so with there low prices.

David Barr Houston, TX

I like everything about this company great selection & customer service. Riff raff is near nonexistent. Great grocery dept. The toy dept. could use an upgrade with more selection greated to the collector demographic.

Matthew Jerina Reno, NV

Target always has a nice selection of home goods and kids clothing. Prices are usually good and the app has a good rewards program. I still get annoyed, however, that Target does not accept Apple Pay, only through their app, but I don’t want to load money onto it.

Ladie Lavender Eastsound, WA

Generally like this store but not happy with their electronic gift cards which can't be used if you have fee dollars left and want to pay cash in addition to the card to purchase something priced as more than that so basically you lose those few last bucks on each card

Leola Ailene San Diego, CA

I've been a Target shopper for years, purchasing from every department from electronics, to make-up, to clothing and groceries. I'm always pleased with the selections of brands, including their exclusive in-house brands. Their regular pricing is competitive, but the best deals are certainly the sale prices. I'm always pleased with the customer service as well. Their staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Recently I've been using the Target app to shop online and during covid lockdowns, heavily used the delivery pick-up options. This has become my preferred way to shop at Target, especially as we enter the holiday season. No more fighting the crowds! The app is very easy to use and I've never had any issues finding what I need. Again, the employees come through with excellent service.

Sarah Kate Philipsburg, PA

Love Target! I can find everything I need under one roof (especially at Super Targets). I will say I'm not a big fan of their apparel section. It seems to have gone downhill in recent years, but what they lack in fashion and accessories they make up for in housewares, decor, food, etc. I love the app as well! Being able to order online and pickup in store is perfect for busy professionals or parents of little ones. The rewards points are amazing too!

Sandra Wideman Festus, MO

They are a little bit more expensive then other department stores. But you can find about anything you need

Annie Morris Willits, CA

Super place to shop! I live in a small community and this store has everything I need for reasonable prices so it’s worth a drive! One store for everything!!

Alicia Rivero Dallas, TX

I love Target and can't say enough good things about them. They have great products and people are always friendly and willing to help. The store is always clean and well lite and welcoming.

Stella Blue

Target is an excellent place for home goods and furniture. I've never had a bad experience with anything that I've purchased from Target. Most items are high quality and decently priced. The stores are always clean and have helpful employees. The website is good, too.

Frank J Los Angeles, CA

I like the customer service and the bed is perfect for me. I have problems sleeping and it made my night. Love it!

Henry Nixon Jr Huntersville, NC

Convenience of operating hours, products they carry in grocery section and miscellaneous other needs

Morten Petersen Naples, FL

Bought an iPad and an Apple pencil. Target shipped via FedEx. I got a delivery notice from FedEx but never received the package. My security camaras confirmed that NO package was delivered. Also, according to the FedEx driver the package was signed by H HENRY. This person doesn't exist in our house or for that matter our neighborhood. FedEx did want to do anything about it and Target just said it was delivered. I lost the money. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE CROOKS!

Daniel Vargas San José, SJ

Prices are great, the variety of products is also amazing, and their own brands are really good. Great place to shop overall.

Jason Atlanta, GA

Target usually has slightly nicer stuff than a place like walmart with a small increase in price. I don't go too often because I can find nicer household items for cheaper at places like homegoods and cheaper food at many grocery stores.

Allyx Hilterbran Blanchard, OK

Target is honestly the white lady’s crack and I understand the obsession. Nothing furniture wise will be well made oak or anything, but it is quality for people that need the basics.

J L Houston, TX

There's literally nothing you can't find in TARGET from odds and ends to the main furniture. I enjoy just taking a walk through TARGET to get new ideas on how to decorate my home

Jess Horner

Okay so I love Target, don't get me wrong. My only complaint is mostly just that I always leave with things that i don't need, but they be dang cute! Their game selection is also ON POINT!

Gabe Dominiczak

Who doesn't love a trip to Target? Love stopping in their Starbuck to get that boost for some serious shopping. My favorite thing to buy there is there great selection of comfortable bedding.

Faith Marie Friedrich Chicago, IL

Good quality items for the dollar amount spent. Ease of ordering and paying for purchases.

Tim Green Lutherville-Timonium, MD

I like their prices they better quality than Walmart I shop there all the time up in Cockeysville

Cheryl Johnson Fayetteville, NC

Great customer service here in fayetteville Nc. Some awesome people and friendly. I can usually find what I needed.

David Olsen Waukegan, IL

Easy to find what you’re looking for, Cashiers are Polite and not negative towards people, If you need help finding something, They’ll help you out

Valerie Cabrera Pomona, CA

High quality department store items at a fraction of the price…wonderful selection of health and beauty products…won

Tech Hub Charlotte, NC

Much better alternative than competitors in my opinion. Normally has clean parking lots, clean aisles and items are stocked/shelved in an orderly fashion. Occasionally I've found food that has surpassed its "best if used by" date but this would be the exception; not the rule. My preferred place for casual household shopping.

InReviewsWeTrust Winnsboro, SC

A must go-to store when out and about! I always seem to find just what I need when visiting any of their retail locations. My wife has quite the obsession and I now understand why.

Cord G Belmont, CA

Their brand products are strong at reasonable prices. Staff is quick to help you. One thing that could improve is their telephone answering skills. It's not easy to reach a live person.

Kim Grolemund New York, NY

Target has always been a bit pricey. They do have nice employees and the stores are always clean but they charge too much for things that you can get elsewhere for more than half the price they charge. I do love that Starbucks in Maude mostly

Whitney Hernandez Keller, TX

Target is my favorite place to shop! There are so many cute fashions, decor and affordable things there. I always leave with exactly what I was looking for and more

Terry R Helena, MT

Love the layout and cleanliness of the store. Customer service is on pount!

larry Fort Myers, FL

There are many conveniently located stores and the prices are good

Kimberly R Williams- Crawford

I only buy kitchen stuff for home new place and bathroom

Stephen Moore Kings Mountain, NC

Store is always clean and staff is super friendly!

Cheryl Stone Phoenix, AZ

Always excellent customer service. Store is clean. Just wish it stayed stocked. Seems empty often.

Adrienne Noel Lafayette, LA

I love to do most of my weekly shopping at target cause they have the latest styles in everything, thank you very much

Jenny MacLarty Austin, TX

Target! The best place us moms love to go to for fair prices & upscale items. Quality clothing big varity

HAFSA 4trekween Philadelphia, PA

Love the prices and the one stop shop . You can get your home needs as well as groceries cosmetics cell phone

Diane Bona Venice, FL

Love Target ! Only thing negative is maybe only 2 check out lanes are open. Otherwise self service.

Dor'cas Kaindu Lexington, KY

It’s easy to shop in person and online. I gave it a 3 star rating because I feel like most thing online are with out of stock or they don’t ship to my location

Jeff Reyes Seattle, WA

I like that you convenience of every item that you can fine for your house and kitchen with different variety that’s a plus when you need to save time

Kelly Elsas Franklinton, LA

Love target. Shop here for many things besides furniture. NY latest purchase was a basketball hoop and a desk for my son.

Michelle Tuten Orlando, FL

Love the beauty and quality of the products that Target carries. Prices are good and not overly expensive. Employees always help with questions and concerns you might have.

Donielle Butler Moreno Valley, CA

I enjoy target. Great items, and snack's. A bit pricey though.

Barbara Blodgett Nashua, NH

The store was clean and very helpful employees

L Hunt Brunswick, GA

Fairly nice store to shop at. Not walmart but it'll do

Nabil Rawi Alexandria, VA

Over all it’s good , sometimes you can’t find things and no employees to help

Andrea Diaz-Cepeda Tallahassee, FL

Target's dedication to customer service is admirable. Once I step foot into a Target store, I have employees asking me "how are you" and "can I help you with anything". It is truly refreshing not to have to hunt down employees for help. Target also ensures that if they don't have the products I want in-store, they'll order it for me making my shopping experience as seamless as possible.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

For smaller home goods and small furniture pieces Target is hard to beat. I like that they do not skimp on quality like other econo retail stores. If Target sells it-you can trust it to last. I like the fashion forward feel of their inventory. It's all very plush and modern. No old fogey stuff here. I also like how helpful the store associates are, very knowledgable.