Costco Home Logo

7.4

LAST UPDATED: December 6th, 2023
Costco is a warehouse club chain that has been servicing its members for over 30 years. They are now the 2nd largest retailer in the world and the largest membership warehouse club chain in the United States. They currently operate in 10 different countries around the world. Costco offers an impressively large selection of products and product categories. Members can find products fitting categories ranging anywhere from auto & tires to groceries to home and furniture products.

The Good

• Warranty available for certain products
  • No time limit on most items return policy
  • Wide selection of products
  • Operates in 10 countries
  • Promotion discounts on products
One of the most appealing features Costco offers is the wide selection of products available through their store. Customers can shop categories including major appliances, bathroom, bedding, fine art, furniture, heating and cooling, home decor, home improvement, kitchen and dining, rugs, storage & organization, and vacuums & floor care. Virtually any home decorating need can be found through Costco. Costco has no listed time limit for most items in their store with the exception of electronics. Customers can be refunded the purchase price on unsatisfactory items with a few exceptions. Electronics must be returned within 90 days of purchase in order to receive a refund. Warranties are available through purchase on Costco items. No specific warranty information is listed on their website, however, consumers can contact customer service with warranty questions on specific products through email. Costco currently operates in 10 different countries including Australia, Canada, Spain, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Tai Wan, United Kingdom, and the United States. This allows customers from virtually every corner of the world access to Costco's extensive inventory. The goal of the team behind Costco is to keep costs low so any savings they incur can be given directly to the customers. Along with their overall goal to maintain affordable merchandise, Costco often offers promotions extending additional savings to members. Customers can find a large selection of Costco promotions through their catalogue or through a simple google search online. Costco customers can find great promotions on electronics and some furniture through these mediums.

The Bad

• Longer standard shipping
  • Must be a member to order from website
Most home and furniture products ship within 5 to 10 business days. Many of the other home and furniture businesses reviewed are able to ship products with the standard shipping method of 3 to 5 days. One downfall to Costco's model is that consumers must purchase a membership before they are able to purchase products. A standard membership costs $55.00 a year. This may exclude some potential customers who do not desire or are unable to pay for a yearly membership.

The Bottom Line

With over 30 years servicing customers, Costco offers its members an extensive inventory at an affordable cost. Their satisfaction guarantee return policy as well as promotions put Costco members first. The membership policy may limit the pool of potential customers who may choose to shop at Costco.com. We recommend Costco Home and Furniture to customers looking for affordable costs and the ability to utilize a membership to access further savings.

Devin Regensburger

Costco is great for shopping for home goods at a reasonable price. The only drawback is having to go to the warehouse. It's usually a madhouse in there. However, they usually have good prices on delivery and/or installation if needed.

Mary Huntsville, AL

Costco is my go to place for just about anything I need for my home. I love the space and freedom to roam when shopping. I would recommend the COSTCO EXPERIENCE for everyone.

Nieceyshark Beaumont, CA

They have a large selection of home furnishing and patio furniture. They have name brand items to choose from and a variety. I highly recommend them to anyone

Kelsey T.L. Lansing, MI

Costco Home has exceeded my expectations in every way. Their selection of home goods and furniture offers remarkable value and quality. The variety of products, from kitchen appliances to stylish furniture, is outstanding. Being a Costco member means unbeatable deals and excellent customer service. I've furnished many rooms with their furniture, and I couldn't be happier with the results. A definite five-star experience!

Alexandra Federov Rochester, NY

Costco has really great quality home furnishings. I have bought several pieces of furniture from Costco over the years including a really nice bookshelf over ten years ago and it's still one my favorite pieces. Not the usual problems these days of polish chipping off for no apparent reason, sagging, etc. Never an issue with any Costco home furnishings I have purchased. I bought a solar outdoor light eight years ago, it still works as well as day one! My foodsaver which I use frequently, six years and going strong. Thank you Costco for not selling junk!! The pricing is also very good considering the quality. Not for bargain hunting but for long-lasting quality.

Emanuel Vasserman

Very good prices, but sometimes the portions are to big for my family (two adults). Very loyal return program. Personal is very well trained and ready to help, when you need it.

Kelsey Conner Wilmington, NC

Costco is the best for wholesale furniture. We always check their deals, and especially more so now that we have bought our first home. Since it's Costco, they don't always have what we need, but when they do have something, it's a smoking deal and we can barely grab it in time before everyone else wants it as well.

Stephanie Ponce Hemet, CA

I like the store for everything. Their products are great for the price being paid. Furniture is out of my budget (aka broke people budget) so I avoid that section. On the other hand if I could I would definitely by a couch and mattress from their. I like the quality!

Matthew Charleston, SC

Costco has some great outdoor furniture. I got my outdoor couch from there and it lasted a very long time and is still in great condition. The delivery team is also very professional and takes care of everything in a timely manner.

David Hall Salt Lake City, UT

I love everything about Costco. Not only do they have the best prices, they have the best quality items also. I honestly appreciate not having dozens of choices of things like ketchup to pick from.

Tyrone Walton Frankfurt am Main, HE

The furniture serves more than a comfort purpose. I feel that it also was from the heart and soul in which Costco deals greatly with their customers. I love this place and so user friendly .

IYM s Kissimmee, FL

To supply the house warehouse, going to costco is the best option, you get a variety and quality of brands. The red meats are of excellent quality, the strawberries are super fresh, and you also have many healthy things in the Costco refrigerator. Right now, they also have a super promotion in their membership, which is a good investment. Here I bought the furniture for my living room, which is of excellent quality and model, and I also bought my microwave there, excellent.

3 months ago Edited August 22, 2023

a2b4c8 Miami, FL

Too busy, but that's because the value and convenience are there. Problem getting staples in stock in the North Miami location.

Aaron Anderson

Massive variety, unbeatable prices, and outstanding value. The ultimate destination for quality products and incredible savings. Highly recommended!

3 weeks ago Edited November 20, 2023

Bhavna

Going to Costco is fun. they have large verity to offer for appliances to food. you can get all you need for you home in costco and it is value for money. their services are amazing and staffs are very warm too.

Marsha Dallas, TX

I like the affordable prices at Costco. I just renewed my membership after being out for a few years. I love buying paper towels, tissue, water, air filters and other bulk items. The quality is great and the value is unmatched. For the first time I bought a large flat screen from Costco and it’s working out great.

Allen Carlson Lehi, UT

I like that Costco has really great quality products. It's a little bit annoying that you have to pay just to shop there and if you forget you're card then you're up a creek and can't buy anything. The travel portion is actually really cool too. I've purchased many packages through them and when I try to book it all separately it's definitely a good deal compared to piecing it all together externally.

Sierra Jo Smith Pomeroy, WA

Costco Home is a treasure trove of exceptional value. With unbeatable prices and outstanding quality, this store is a go-to destination for budget-conscious shoppers. From furniture to appliances and home decor, Costco Home delivers on its promise of affordability without compromising on quality. Experience the joy of finding great deals without sacrificing the integrity of your purchases at Costco Home.

Nini Brooklyn, NY

I signed up as an Executive Member at Costco card never came to my home. I went to the Costco store in Brooklyn, New York, to shop for my home. I was able to purchase everything on my shopping list. When shop at Costco I use coupons and and get affordable prices when purchasing furniture for my home. Costco is extremely affordable and you can purchase groceries without having to spend a lot of money.

5 months ago Edited August 10, 2023

Dawn Arthur Van Nuys, CA

Quality merchandise with good pricing. The on line store allows for comparison of 4 items, which is great. One drawback is that delivery may be slow.

Bobbi Hughes-Millman Fountain Green, UT

Love nearly everything I get at Costco. Their furniture is priced well for the quality. We've bought mattresses and office furniture. All stands up well to normal use.

Reem Haddad Houston, TX

Who doesn’t love Costco? I just moved into a new home and I have found great pieces and amazing home decor! Of course, they always have the best deals as well!

2 months ago Edited September 15, 2023

Be Smart

This is a great company. I love the Costco anywhere Visa for business. They carry good items like appliances etc. I have also buy fresh flowers in bulk, they were very lush and beautiful!

TC B Florissant, CO

Once you pay the membership fee, you will make it up in the savings you find with home furnishings. We purchased a king mattress 3 years ago and it still feels brand new. Great deal on it!

mockybal Santa Cruz, CA

Love the return policy, customer service and comfort of the stores.

1 day ago

Alexciz

You can never go wrong wit Costco. Occasionally, things are hit and miss but when you hit? Boy oh boy is it like Christmas! For example, I went in one day, no Seahawks gear then went in again the following week and was able to purchase my favorite hoodie which I still wear years later. Costco always has great quality products and every time you enter you never know what treasures you'll find that day!!

4 months ago Edited July 28, 2023

Sherran Nutson Atlanta, GA

I have been an Executive Card Member of Costco for 30 plus years. Costco is the #1 retailer in the world. I love everything about Costco. Costco has excellent prices, excellent products, excellent customer service, excellent gas prices, excellent in everything they do, offer and sale.

Amanda George IL

I love Costco. The employees are nice and friendly, their bakery items are always nice and fresh. Their prices are super competitive, and they are better than Sams Club. I used to be a die hard sam's member but then Costco opened and I love it! Their gas isn't the greatest but I love shopping there.

Shirley Vickinovac Lincoln, NE

We mainly go to Costco for gas savings. But we do shop there for other things also. The staff is always friendly. I do not like the self check so I choose not to use it. I would rather help somebody stay in a job then and help a machine.

Charlieuana Wilson Memphis, TN

Love Love Love Costco . Has great selections on food and wonderful employees.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

Costco always has fantastic deals on furniture. I always joke with my wife when they bring it out and call it furniture season. We got a beautiful dining table and chair set for an extremely reasonable price. The way Costco stocks their furniture and everything for that mater gets them access to unique and Costco only pieces. Associates were even kind enough to assist getting it into my truck!

Cat Metzenbaum Ogden, UT

Costco is the bomb! I go there even though it's always crowded because I seriously like many of their products. We have purchased a television and 2 computers there that are top quality and at lower prices than on the outside. I even bought a canvas garage to park my car in. I save tons of money there on auto tires, paper goods, laundry supplies and other groceries. And the $1.50 hot dog + soda is a big plus - it's nice to relax after shopping and eat a delicious dog. Oh, and their restrooms are always clean!

Kerri Kirkland San Diego, CA

I'm a Costco fan all the way around. I love Costco, I love the quality of their items and I love how you can return anything you don't like with no hassle. 95% of the time the employees are all nice and friendly and it seems like it's probably a great place to work since I have seen the same employees for years at the Costco I shop at, that says a lot!

Lantz Powell Chattanooga, TN

Very well run and managed but sometimes they apparently have no control over companies operating under their roof that are leasing space from them to do business with you off premises (you meet an air conditioner salesman who comes to house to make a sale…he does not work for Costco) or any other “outside” vendor who has rented space marketing their product on Costco’s floor .

Ang8346

Great value for your money. Products are of exceptional quality. You can trust their products and customer support.

Michael Caslander Sunnyvale, CA

Costco always has the best prices they don't have the wide variety but that is to be expected since they deal with quality items.

Reb R

Great deals, but sometimes the quality is iffy. I feel like it’s definitely hit or miss, so i try to only buy things I can check out in person at the store first. Otherwise I have gotten some awesome things.

Toria Brooklyn, NY

I love Costco. I can always find what I want. Costco is a little expensive but I don't mind paying more because I can always find what I am looking for..

Chrisg Seattle, WA

Great selection and prices. Our local store caters to the needs of our town and carries different items from other nearby Costcos. The hotdogs are fantastic!

Crystal B. Dallas, TX

I love buying from Costco, regularly for groceries, and occasionally for furniture. The quality of their products is excellent. I purchased and had delivered, a treadmill, through their website and it was easy peasy.

Elizabeth Larsen

Love Costco! The quality of everything, the customer service is the best! The options, the app, even the store is wonderful! Options for organic foods, outdoor living is wonderful!

Jennifer Blazek Beaverton, OR

We love Costco for furniture both for the value and the options they offer. They have modern, up to date furniture that it affordable. We've loved the quality and the length of life their pieces have.

Sherry Betts Apache Junction, AZ

I LOVE Costco! You can literally get everything you need for your home. They have quality products for every room inside your home and outside! The gazebo that I bought is sturdy and very high quality!

Martin Irwin Mars, PA

I know that I was I have to do is take it down and turn it in and they would fix it when I bought the gazebo there was a piece of the roof that was damaged. I never replaced it and it’s still damaged. I just covered it with some clear caulking, that’s the only problem I have and I never turned it in and I should have and I know they would fix it! Even still! They stand behind their warranty, 100% lifetime

andrea stevens LA

Great prices for most things. We don't buy in bulk often anymore but this store is great for big families or anyone who uses a large amount of specific products. Service is always good, fast check out even when busy. The people in there always have super full carts so you do have to be somewhat patient. But they always make sure customers are happy.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

I have ordered online, and have purchased in-store. Both experiences rank very high. Costco is unmatched in price and quality. They have provided buying customers with high end products, supported by very helpful people. They are by far the best retailer in this state, in my opinion. If there is a better furniture seller, dollar for dollar, I have not seen it.

Olivia LeBaron Delta, UT

Very good quality furniture for a very good price. The furniture is what it says it will be. It ships right to my door and they take it back without question when it doesn’t work for me. They pay attention to details. They have good quality leather, dove tail drawers, and little handy things like USB ports built into nightstands. I love how the Costco buyers test the products themselves to make sure only the highest quality furniture is sold. If Costco has it you know it’s good quality

Halle Carl Carson City, NV

Costco is my absolute favorite. Always a deal! Price matching, easy returns, amazing customer service!

1 month ago Edited October 25, 2023

Peter Costa

Love the deals I find at Costco only wish they would deliver their instore furniture.

Quiana Varner Ashburn, VA

I love everything that Costco's offer. Their concierge service is the best! And their returns policy is unmatched.