Costco Home Logo

8.3

Costco is a warehouse club chain that has been servicing its members for over 30 years. They are now the 2nd largest retailer in the world and the largest membership warehouse club chain in the United States. They currently operate in 10 different countries around the world. Costco offers an impressively large selection of products and product categories. Members can find products fitting categories ranging anywhere from auto & tires to groceries to home and furniture products.

IKEA Logo
#1 IKEA chevron_right
Target Logo
#2 Target chevron_right
Bed Bath And Beyond Logo
#3 Bed Bath And Beyond chevron_right

The Good

• Warranty available for certain products
  • No time limit on most items return policy
  • Wide selection of products
  • Operates in 10 countries
  • Promotion discounts on products
One of the most appealing features Costco offers is the wide selection of products available through their store. Customers can shop categories including major appliances, bathroom, bedding, fine art, furniture, heating and cooling, home decor, home improvement, kitchen and dining, rugs, storage & organization, and vacuums & floor care. Virtually any home decorating need can be found through Costco. Costco has no listed time limit for most items in their store with the exception of electronics. Customers can be refunded the purchase price on unsatisfactory items with a few exceptions. Electronics must be returned within 90 days of purchase in order to receive a refund. Warranties are available through purchase on Costco items. No specific warranty information is listed on their website, however, consumers can contact customer service with warranty questions on specific products through email. Costco currently operates in 10 different countries including Australia, Canada, Spain, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Tai Wan, United Kingdom, and the United States. This allows customers from virtually every corner of the world access to Costco's extensive inventory. The goal of the team behind Costco is to keep costs low so any savings they incur can be given directly to the customers. Along with their overall goal to maintain affordable merchandise, Costco often offers promotions extending additional savings to members. Customers can find a large selection of Costco promotions through their catalogue or through a simple google search online. Costco customers can find great promotions on electronics and some furniture through these mediums.

The Bad

• Longer standard shipping
  • Must be a member to order from website
Most home and furniture products ship within 5 to 10 business days. Many of the other home and furniture businesses reviewed are able to ship products with the standard shipping method of 3 to 5 days. One downfall to Costco's model is that consumers must purchase a membership before they are able to purchase products. A standard membership costs $55.00 a year. This may exclude some potential customers who do not desire or are unable to pay for a yearly membership.

The Bottom Line

With over 30 years servicing customers, Costco offers its members an extensive inventory at an affordable cost. Their satisfaction guarantee return policy as well as promotions put Costco members first. The membership policy may limit the pool of potential customers who may choose to shop at Costco.com. We recommend Costco Home and Furniture to customers looking for affordable costs and the ability to utilize a membership to access further savings.

4.8

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

Costco has a lot of amazing products and they are priced very well for the quality. They even have a great return policy so if you end up not liking it later on, and not just 30 days later, you can still return it! Employees are very nice and it is a great place to shop plus they have a variety of home goods especially on their website.

CoasterRider Show Low, AZ

I've been a customer of Costco and have had good experiences shopping there. It's an organized and clean store. I no longer shop there because of their stance on mask wearing. If you say "6 feet or a mask" then someone should be able to stay 6 feet away from other customers and still be able to shop without suffocating.

Mason Allen Pleasant Grove, UT

We have most if not all our appliances in our kitchen and bathroom from Costco. They have kept up really well and we have not had any problems with anything and they were purchased over two years ago.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

I have ordered online, and have purchased in-store. Both experiences rank very high. Costco is unmatched in price and quality. They have provided buying customers with high end products, supported by very helpful people. They are by far the best retailer in this state, in my opinion. If there is a better furniture seller, dollar for dollar, I have not seen it.

Olivia LeBaron Delta, UT

Very good quality furniture for a very good price. The furniture is what it says it will be. It ships right to my door and they take it back without question when it doesn’t work for me. They pay attention to details. They have good quality leather, dove tail drawers, and little handy things like USB ports built into nightstands. I love how the Costco buyers test the products themselves to make sure only the highest quality furniture is sold. If Costco has it you know it’s good quality

Shante Reeder Ogden, UT

I haven't purchased a ton of furniture through Costco, but what I have purchased has impressed me! The quality of the items is great, and the price can't be beat. I love Costco's return policy too!

Beverly Schacher Long Beach, MS

I love Costco. They have great products and prices. They have a very liberal return policy. If you can't find what you need in store you can order online. They have some great sales too! It's definitely worth the yearly fee if you have a store near you.

Larson Riverton, UT

Very good store to purchase items in bulk. We have used Costco in business and personal. It sells very good quality furniture industry and home decorations. Great service and product. Would recommend Costco to friends and family.

Yolanda Briganti Riverton, UT

I like the prices of the name brand items that are only there temporarily. Returns are easy even though the line at the South Jordan store sometimes takes a little while for both returns and checking out. Mats and rugs for the floor are a great price and durable. I have found really nice pillows for a great price.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I go to Costco on a weekly basis. I love the selection of home furnishings that they offer. I recently purchased a mattress topper from Costco. I am always happy with the products that they supply and I love knowing that if ever I am not satisfied, they stand behind their products and will take care of me.

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

Recently purchased my couch from Costco, and I absolutely love it. It is very comfortable, and I know it’s high-quality coming from Cosco. Overall very satisfied with my purchase and will be looking to Costco for my next furniture purchase

Nishita McLean, VA

Costco is amazing! My family and I have been shopping at Costco for years. Costco stands with good quality. We purchased an outdoor deck chairs from there about 3 years back and looks like we won't have to change them for many years to come.

P Crawley Pleasant Grove, UT

Costco is my favorite store! I can find almost everything I need there. And I love the way they get you out fast even if the lines are long. Their customer service is the best. We recently purchased a patio table from them and it was easy to assemble and sturdy. Great quality products!

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

The thing I love about Costco is a feel everything they sell has already had to pass certain standards. You know right away i will be high quality. Everything I have bought from there has lasted a longtime and has made me happy. I know I can return anything because there customer service is great!

Pete Centerville, UT

I just got my bed frame from Costco and it was an amazing price, and the quality is also amazing. I haven't had any issues with it since I got it and it was really easy to setup. Costco is one of my favorite places to shop. Their return policy is also great, you can take anything back if there are ever any problems.

Janan Grange Pleasant Grove, UT

We have bought several items for our home from Costco such as ellipticals, chairs, gazebos and outdoor furniture. Costco is so easy to work with. We bought a fairly expensive outdoor table that had slate on top. We followed the directions for care and within one year the slate started breaking off the top. We took it back to Costco and they refunded the entire table without any problems. We appreciated their willingness to return it especially as it was a manufacturing defect.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

Costco is where we have purchased many things for our home from dish drying racks to a beautiful hardwood wine rack. We have been able to purchase Serta mattresses for our children's beds at a great prices. The 3 TV's that we have... were all purchased at Costco. They have a great selection of trending items and we know that the quality will be unmatched. 21 year members at Costco and counting!

Lawrence Lee Provo, UT

K, writing this review. Just as a disclaimer, I went to Costco three times today. I really like Costco! I come here for contacts, for Sunday night football supplies, for a cheap but tasty lunch, and apparently now the clothes are not bad, and I sometimes check out the furniture. We got a dresser here and it's been great! Costco just does a great job of sourcing good products that can be sold in mass because the quality is sound.

Beth Christensen Provo, UT

Costco is amazing for a big family!! They have great prices and never disappoint with the products and services they've got available. I've purchased two pairs of glasses here, lots of clothes over the years, obviously food, and even books and puzzles. Their furniture is elegant and easy to assemble. Food samples are always a perk when I go with my little brothers especially. Plus the employees are awesome and always really helpful and friendly. :)

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

Costco Home has great furniture. I am impressed by the quality, and How they are able to price it so low I will never know. I like the ability to bring it back if I just don't like it, and that they will take anything back. Their seasonal things are also great, garden furniture in the spring, fall and christmas stuff at that time of year and summer fun stuff for the home and outdoors.

Janessa Herriman, UT

Great quality furniture and a great price. If anything is wrong with it or you just decide you don't want it then take it back. Love Costco's customer service and the fact they take pretty much anything back. They always have a good selection of furniture too, depending on the time of year. We had a pavilion delivered from them and it came on time and exactly how they said it would (curbside delivery).

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

Costco is one of my favorite stores to visit! Not only does it have a fantastic selection, but I have purchased a number of items for my home there. Some things that have been very useful to me have be their photo center, food services, mattresses, patio furniture, camping supplies, clothing, lighting, printers, computers, cameras, and decor pillows. Costco has wonderful quality and I have yet to purchase a product for my home that I have not been satisfied with. I would highly recommend getting a membership and using them regularly.

Jennifer Ogden, UT

Costco is AMAZING for home furnishings. We have bought multiple couches and beds from Costco and have loved them. We were also remodeling a house and bought all of our lighting and fixtures from Costco. Not only was the quality very good but the price was probably 30% of the lighting and plumbing store we went to just before looking for options. I will always check with Costco if I need anything for my home before looking elsewhere.

Elyse Bradley Provo, UT

You just can't beat Costco's prices when you're buying in bulk. They also have a great return policy and I appreciate that I don't even need the receipt since your account history stores all information. They're a no-nonsense business, and they're employees operate as such. Access to deals through CostcoTravel is also a huge bonus for cheaper car rentals! I'll be a member for life.

David Lewis Salt Lake City, UT

Costco is one of my favorite stores of all time. I have bought products of all sorts at this store from food, couches, clothing, home improvement products, etc. Up to this point I have never had to return a product due to poor workmanship because what they have sold me has all been high quality. It is sometimes difficult finding someone that can assist you with knowing where products are located, but the people I have asked have been very helpful. I have also bought items online from Costco's website. Shipping was great and I had no issues. I really like this company.

Wendy Park City, UT

We love our Costco sectional so much. It is comfortable and fits our whole family. The fabric is soft and easy to clean.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Costco is great for getting home items. They are very high quality and fairly priced. Costco has a very wide selection of home items. I really like to do ny home shopping at Costco.

Kimmi Riverton, UT

We have bought tables and chairs that have been sturdy and at a great price. The customer service is great. Returns are simple and easy. This is one place my family frequents often and will continue to shop at.

Nancy Jones Alpine, UT

A buffet table and bookcase cabinet bought at Costco are of exceptional quality and value. A price adjustment a few weeks later was honored with a rebate for the difference making our purchase an even sweeter deal!

Tara Marx Brighton, CO

We shop at Costco all the time. We find they have the best prices. We have bought food, furniture, clothing, cars and tires all at Costco! Whenever we are in the need to shop for something, we check Costco first!

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I love the reliability of Costco Home products. They are always so great for our family with the things that they buy. It's fun to go into Costco to grab some groceries but you walk out with one of their Home products!

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

I love to shop at Costco. They have a great selection of quality furniture and the other items to go along with it. I trust that if it doesn't work I can bring it back. They also are at a good price.

Rachelle Rude Mankato, MN

Just got back from a 4 hour round trip to costco. WELL WORTHIT! This place has incredible prices for amazing products. Just wish I had one closer. Love everything about this place!

Susan Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

I have bought some beautiful rugs from Costco, we needed something to cover some ugly carpet in a rental home and it definitely did the trick. When we moved from that house, we took the rug with us and found a place for it. Really great quality stuff!

Nicole Jones Sandy, UT

I love purchasing items for my home from Costco. I've found their furniture to be high quality while at the same time being affordable. There's even been a few instances where something I've purchased has gone on sale and they've refunded me the difference every time! I will continue to be a Costco customer for years to come!

Myken Cheyenne, WY

If I could give Costco 10 stars I would!! The value and quality is unbeatable. The return policy gives me peace of mind when shopping there for furniture and electronics. We recently purchased a bed from Costco and it’s durable, beautiful and was more than affordable.

AJ & Maria Ferguson Riverton, UT

We have been Costco members for almost 19 years. We have bought several pieces of furniture and have always been pleased with the high quality. We love our sectional that was our most recent furniture purchase. We've had it for over a year and there is hardly any wear on it. That's saying a lot with 4 children at home.

Aidan Keogh Ogden, UT

I have purchased a stove through Costco. The price was great for the double oven stove I purchased and the purchasing process was smooth. I was also impressed that the delivery people were so careful to not damage my home or the stove.

Sandi Burkinshaw South Jordan, UT

Recently bought a Christmas tree and couches from Costco. The Christmas tree was incredible, looked real, and the lights were great. The light options are fun: both clear and color and also the option of steady or blinking. Less than half the price of other trees of similar color. Couches are comfortable and wonderful quality.

Sage Loveland Los Angeles, CA

I can always count of quality from Costco. I have a patio set I ordered years ago and it still looks fabulous! My only complaint is that I wish they would carry more modern furniture pieces in store, I would buy a lot more! There styles in furniture tends too be a little too traditional for my taste.

take7 Sandy, UT

Bed we bought here is still going strong. Initially the first one had some missing pieces and didnt quite fit but we returned and exchanged and it was perfect. Customer service is the best! The price was fitting the piece and it is huge and sturdy! Hoping it will last a long time.

Fife32 Managua, MN

I love Costco Home so much! We were able to find things that we needed for our home, with the right shade of color for our furniture and it just worked and fit perfectly with our home. Also very high quality and lasts for a long time.

Shauna Horne American Fork, UT

Costco furniture seems to always be high quality and solidly built. We bought a sectional there about 4 years ago with a white fabric and it still looks great! I always look there first when I am looking for new furniture to purchase.

Nichole Hiatt Eagle Mountain, UT

I have purchased many furniture items from Costco. My bedroom set is now about 13 years old, and still looks great. I know I can always return items if there are issues, but overall we love and keep almost every piece of furniture we buy from Costco.

Christy Suguturaga Orem, UT

My favorite store in the whole world. They get cute stuff at great prices and it can ship to my house or I can pick it up. And returns are amazing. I love their customer service. Their products are always great quality not cheapest made

Eric Salt Lake City, UT

Without a doubt, Costco has the best customer service and return policy out there. If you are not happy with it, they will take it back. Their staff is always helpful and do a great job of moving the ridiculous number of people through the checkout as quickly as possible.

kayshel Herriman, UT

I have been a Costco member for many years and am always impressed with their products and especially their customer service. They always make anything right if something goes wrong. I've had an excutive membership and it has more than paid for itself.

gayana innocent Deerfield Beach, FL

Costco has the best products for great prices. They're supplies are always multiplied compared to any other food stores. When it comes to buying snacks, drinks, and house supplies Costco is the place to go. I love their bundle deals and the amount of things that they provide.

KC Riverton, UT

We're at Costco all the time and have bought a few furniture pieces there. Overall, the quality has been good for a good price. The furniture has held up...and Costco has an awesome return policy. It probably depends on your Costco, but there have been some items that I was interested in, but the display made it harder to really try them out (limited space).

Jeremy Brown Riverton, UT

Costco has everything you need like food, clothing, everyday needs and furniture for outside and inside. They have great prices and everything is in great condition when you buy it. Customer service is great they are very helpful and know where everything is.