Costco Home Logo

7.8

LAST UPDATED: December 5th, 2022
Costco is a warehouse club chain that has been servicing its members for over 30 years. They are now the 2nd largest retailer in the world and the largest membership warehouse club chain in the United States. They currently operate in 10 different countries around the world. Costco offers an impressively large selection of products and product categories. Members can find products fitting categories ranging anywhere from auto & tires to groceries to home and furniture products.

Target Logo
#2 Target chevron_right
IKEA Logo
#3 IKEA chevron_right
home goods Logo
#4 home goods chevron_right

The Good

• Warranty available for certain products
  • No time limit on most items return policy
  • Wide selection of products
  • Operates in 10 countries
  • Promotion discounts on products
One of the most appealing features Costco offers is the wide selection of products available through their store. Customers can shop categories including major appliances, bathroom, bedding, fine art, furniture, heating and cooling, home decor, home improvement, kitchen and dining, rugs, storage & organization, and vacuums & floor care. Virtually any home decorating need can be found through Costco. Costco has no listed time limit for most items in their store with the exception of electronics. Customers can be refunded the purchase price on unsatisfactory items with a few exceptions. Electronics must be returned within 90 days of purchase in order to receive a refund. Warranties are available through purchase on Costco items. No specific warranty information is listed on their website, however, consumers can contact customer service with warranty questions on specific products through email. Costco currently operates in 10 different countries including Australia, Canada, Spain, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Tai Wan, United Kingdom, and the United States. This allows customers from virtually every corner of the world access to Costco's extensive inventory. The goal of the team behind Costco is to keep costs low so any savings they incur can be given directly to the customers. Along with their overall goal to maintain affordable merchandise, Costco often offers promotions extending additional savings to members. Customers can find a large selection of Costco promotions through their catalogue or through a simple google search online. Costco customers can find great promotions on electronics and some furniture through these mediums.

The Bad

• Longer standard shipping
  • Must be a member to order from website
Most home and furniture products ship within 5 to 10 business days. Many of the other home and furniture businesses reviewed are able to ship products with the standard shipping method of 3 to 5 days. One downfall to Costco's model is that consumers must purchase a membership before they are able to purchase products. A standard membership costs $55.00 a year. This may exclude some potential customers who do not desire or are unable to pay for a yearly membership.

The Bottom Line

With over 30 years servicing customers, Costco offers its members an extensive inventory at an affordable cost. Their satisfaction guarantee return policy as well as promotions put Costco members first. The membership policy may limit the pool of potential customers who may choose to shop at Costco.com. We recommend Costco Home and Furniture to customers looking for affordable costs and the ability to utilize a membership to access further savings.

Gabe Dominiczak

We are a Costco/Kirkland family! We utilize everything from our morning coffee, toilet paper, a cold bottle of Kirkland water. (in that order) Then we feed our beloved family dog their amazing dog food. The costco garbage bags are worth the membership alone. for under $20 I have enough for the whole year!

Chan Mississauga, ON

Love Costco wveryrhing at Costco is worth your money so addicting great quality so much to choose from i love Costco furniture

Jeff Reyes Seattle, WA

I like Costco due to bulk sizes and usually the lines are pretty fast. Don’t have much to say but a good variety.

Carmen hines Grand Rapids, MI

Good service. Just not available in alot of the areas i live in. But gas and some bulk products are priced well

Whitney Hernandez Keller, TX

Costco is the absolute best place to buy in bulk! Their deals are amazing and they are always so helpful. Huge selection of great products

Natalia Jayy Piscataway, NJ

Costco furniture is very durable and matched well with about any thematic scheme you have for your home. A great choice!

Carolyn Smith Jacksonville, FL

What I like best about the company is that the prices are great and the selections are great as well.

Phalda Morris Jacksonville, FL

I've gotten a couch and well as an outdoor patio set from Costco and both have been great quality. Sometimes I have been able to take them home myself, other times they had to be shipped to me, but both times it was no hassle and I only had to wait a day or two at most. All of the furniture I have gotten was great quality and I have had it for years with no problems.

Saromta Baker Lansing, MI

They very fast and nice when I come back to them

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

I have ordered online, and have purchased in-store. Both experiences rank very high. Costco is unmatched in price and quality. They have provided buying customers with high end products, supported by very helpful people. They are by far the best retailer in this state, in my opinion. If there is a better furniture seller, dollar for dollar, I have not seen it.

Olivia LeBaron Delta, UT

Very good quality furniture for a very good price. The furniture is what it says it will be. It ships right to my door and they take it back without question when it doesn’t work for me. They pay attention to details. They have good quality leather, dove tail drawers, and little handy things like USB ports built into nightstands. I love how the Costco buyers test the products themselves to make sure only the highest quality furniture is sold. If Costco has it you know it’s good quality

ChrisRC111 Laguna Niguel, CA

Here's the story of my recent experience when purchasing a bedroom set from Costco. The set consisted of a California King, 2-night stands, 1 dresser with a mirror, and 1 tall chest of drawers: Metropolitan Warehouse & Delivery is the worst delivery service I've ever experienced in my entire life! My new life's goal is to post this information all over the Internet in the hopes that no one ever has to deal with this company. The first crew that came to deliver the bedroom set damaged the dresser and one of the drawers in the chest. I’m not talking about small damage. They split the piece of wood on the lower front section of the dresser beyond repair and the bottom of one drawer in the chest was completely broken in half. These are things they likely knew they did but were in such a hurry to get back on the road they didn’t seem to care. Before they left I inspected the furniture and found the broken drawer so they took that piece of furniture with them when they left. Unfortunately, I didn’t notice the cracked wood on the dresser until 5 minutes after they left. I called to ask them to come back and pick it up but they refused. They also did a very poor job of assembling the bed. There are about 4-5 pieces of wood support posts that run underneath the center of the bed. Each one consists of 2 pieces that are screwed together. When I looked under the bed it was easy to see that none of them were completely screwed together. I had to prop up the bed with 2x4’s to gain access to the underside of the bed, which then allowed me to screw the posts together properly. Upon further inspection of the furniture, we decided that the quality was not of the level we expected so we contacted customer support to return it all. Today, 4 weeks later, they finally came to pick it up. I was told they would call me with an ETA a few hours before they planned to arrive. At approximately 3:00PM, as I had yet to hear from them, I decided to call Customer Service and a few minutes later I received a call from the driver stating that they would be here in 45 minutes to 1 hour. They actually arrived about 90 minutes later. The crew did not have shoe coverings and they refused to remove their shoes before walking upstairs on my carpeted floors. I suggested they go down the street, less than 1 mile from my house and purchase foot coverings but they refused. I called their dispatch office while they were here and they spoke to the driver but no resolution was achieved and they left. The first delivery crew that delivered the furniture had no problem removing their shoes before walking on the carpet. If I ever purchase anything again from Costco that requires a delivery crew to come into my house I will only do it if Costco guarantees to not use Metropolitan Warehouse & Delivery. From other reviews I’ve read from people with similar experiences I’m surprised that Costco continues to use this delivery service.

Joe Mendez Weslaco, TX

This company stinks and it is very expensive and they do not try to compare prices

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

Costco has a lot of amazing products and they are priced very well for the quality. They even have a great return policy so if you end up not liking it later on, and not just 30 days later, you can still return it! Employees are very nice and it is a great place to shop plus they have a variety of home goods especially on their website.

Beverly Schacher Long Beach, MS

I love Costco. They have great products and prices. They have a very liberal return policy. If you can't find what you need in store you can order online. They have some great sales too! It's definitely worth the yearly fee if you have a store near you.

Larson Riverton, UT

Very good store to purchase items in bulk. We have used Costco in business and personal. It sells very good quality furniture industry and home decorations. Great service and product. Would recommend Costco to friends and family.

Yolanda Briganti Riverton, UT

I like the prices of the name brand items that are only there temporarily. Returns are easy even though the line at the South Jordan store sometimes takes a little while for both returns and checking out. Mats and rugs for the floor are a great price and durable. I have found really nice pillows for a great price.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I go to Costco on a weekly basis. I love the selection of home furnishings that they offer. I recently purchased a mattress topper from Costco. I am always happy with the products that they supply and I love knowing that if ever I am not satisfied, they stand behind their products and will take care of me.

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

Recently purchased my couch from Costco, and I absolutely love it. It is very comfortable, and I know it’s high-quality coming from Cosco. Overall very satisfied with my purchase and will be looking to Costco for my next furniture purchase

Nishita McLean, VA

Costco is amazing! My family and I have been shopping at Costco for years. Costco stands with good quality. We purchased an outdoor deck chairs from there about 3 years back and looks like we won't have to change them for many years to come.

P Crawley Pleasant Grove, UT

Costco is my favorite store! I can find almost everything I need there. And I love the way they get you out fast even if the lines are long. Their customer service is the best. We recently purchased a patio table from them and it was easy to assemble and sturdy. Great quality products!

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

The thing I love about Costco is a feel everything they sell has already had to pass certain standards. You know right away i will be high quality. Everything I have bought from there has lasted a longtime and has made me happy. I know I can return anything because there customer service is great!

Pete Centerville, UT

I just got my bed frame from Costco and it was an amazing price, and the quality is also amazing. I haven't had any issues with it since I got it and it was really easy to setup. Costco is one of my favorite places to shop. Their return policy is also great, you can take anything back if there are ever any problems.

Morgan Farnsworth Lehi, UT

I LOVE Costco so much! they help you and want you to get more for your money! and they have so many samples of foods to try before you get them!! they also get and bake everything fresh every morning! I've never ever had a bad experience at Costco!

Janan Grange Pleasant Grove, UT

We have bought several items for our home from Costco such as ellipticals, chairs, gazebos and outdoor furniture. Costco is so easy to work with. We bought a fairly expensive outdoor table that had slate on top. We followed the directions for care and within one year the slate started breaking off the top. We took it back to Costco and they refunded the entire table without any problems. We appreciated their willingness to return it especially as it was a manufacturing defect.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

Costco is where we have purchased many things for our home from dish drying racks to a beautiful hardwood wine rack. We have been able to purchase Serta mattresses for our children's beds at a great prices. The 3 TV's that we have... were all purchased at Costco. They have a great selection of trending items and we know that the quality will be unmatched. 21 year members at Costco and counting!

Lawrence Lee Provo, UT

K, writing this review. Just as a disclaimer, I went to Costco three times today. I really like Costco! I come here for contacts, for Sunday night football supplies, for a cheap but tasty lunch, and apparently now the clothes are not bad, and I sometimes check out the furniture. We got a dresser here and it's been great! Costco just does a great job of sourcing good products that can be sold in mass because the quality is sound.

Beth Christensen Provo, UT

Costco is amazing for a big family!! They have great prices and never disappoint with the products and services they've got available. I've purchased two pairs of glasses here, lots of clothes over the years, obviously food, and even books and puzzles. Their furniture is elegant and easy to assemble. Food samples are always a perk when I go with my little brothers especially. Plus the employees are awesome and always really helpful and friendly. :)

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

Costco Home has great furniture. I am impressed by the quality, and How they are able to price it so low I will never know. I like the ability to bring it back if I just don't like it, and that they will take anything back. Their seasonal things are also great, garden furniture in the spring, fall and christmas stuff at that time of year and summer fun stuff for the home and outdoors.

Janessa Herriman, UT

Great quality furniture and a great price. If anything is wrong with it or you just decide you don't want it then take it back. Love Costco's customer service and the fact they take pretty much anything back. They always have a good selection of furniture too, depending on the time of year. We had a pavilion delivered from them and it came on time and exactly how they said it would (curbside delivery).

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

Costco is one of my favorite stores to visit! Not only does it have a fantastic selection, but I have purchased a number of items for my home there. Some things that have been very useful to me have be their photo center, food services, mattresses, patio furniture, camping supplies, clothing, lighting, printers, computers, cameras, and decor pillows. Costco has wonderful quality and I have yet to purchase a product for my home that I have not been satisfied with. I would highly recommend getting a membership and using them regularly.

Jennifer Ogden, UT

Costco is AMAZING for home furnishings. We have bought multiple couches and beds from Costco and have loved them. We were also remodeling a house and bought all of our lighting and fixtures from Costco. Not only was the quality very good but the price was probably 30% of the lighting and plumbing store we went to just before looking for options. I will always check with Costco if I need anything for my home before looking elsewhere.

Elyse Bradley Provo, UT

You just can't beat Costco's prices when you're buying in bulk. They also have a great return policy and I appreciate that I don't even need the receipt since your account history stores all information. They're a no-nonsense business, and they're employees operate as such. Access to deals through CostcoTravel is also a huge bonus for cheaper car rentals! I'll be a member for life.

David Lewis Salt Lake City, UT

Costco is one of my favorite stores of all time. I have bought products of all sorts at this store from food, couches, clothing, home improvement products, etc. Up to this point I have never had to return a product due to poor workmanship because what they have sold me has all been high quality. It is sometimes difficult finding someone that can assist you with knowing where products are located, but the people I have asked have been very helpful. I have also bought items online from Costco's website. Shipping was great and I had no issues. I really like this company.

CoasterRider Show Low, AZ

I've been a customer of Costco and have had good experiences shopping there. It's an organized and clean store. I no longer shop there because of their stance on mask wearing. If you say "6 feet or a mask" then someone should be able to stay 6 feet away from other customers and still be able to shop without suffocating.

Shante Reeder Ogden, UT

I haven't purchased a ton of furniture through Costco, but what I have purchased has impressed me! The quality of the items is great, and the price can't be beat. I love Costco's return policy too!

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Costco is great for getting home items. They are very high quality and fairly priced. Costco has a very wide selection of home items. I really like to do ny home shopping at Costco.

Kimmi Riverton, UT

We have bought tables and chairs that have been sturdy and at a great price. The customer service is great. Returns are simple and easy. This is one place my family frequents often and will continue to shop at.

Nancy Jones Alpine, UT

A buffet table and bookcase cabinet bought at Costco are of exceptional quality and value. A price adjustment a few weeks later was honored with a rebate for the difference making our purchase an even sweeter deal!

Tara Marx Brighton, CO

We shop at Costco all the time. We find they have the best prices. We have bought food, furniture, clothing, cars and tires all at Costco! Whenever we are in the need to shop for something, we check Costco first!

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I love the reliability of Costco Home products. They are always so great for our family with the things that they buy. It's fun to go into Costco to grab some groceries but you walk out with one of their Home products!

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

I love to shop at Costco. They have a great selection of quality furniture and the other items to go along with it. I trust that if it doesn't work I can bring it back. They also are at a good price.

Rachelle Rude Mankato, MN

Just got back from a 4 hour round trip to costco. WELL WORTHIT! This place has incredible prices for amazing products. Just wish I had one closer. Love everything about this place!

Susan Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

I have bought some beautiful rugs from Costco, we needed something to cover some ugly carpet in a rental home and it definitely did the trick. When we moved from that house, we took the rug with us and found a place for it. Really great quality stuff!

Rylee Durfey Orem, UT

I’ve been going to Costco for as long as I can remember and have enjoyed every experience there. They have everything you need and everything you want for your house and storage.

Emily Norton Tucson, AZ

I’ve purchased everything from blankets to furniture from Costco and I’ve never been disappointed! The membership is definitely worth paying to be able to shop bulk for cheaper. Their products are quality and priced well.

Nicole Jones Sandy, UT

I love purchasing items for my home from Costco. I've found their furniture to be high quality while at the same time being affordable. There's even been a few instances where something I've purchased has gone on sale and they've refunded me the difference every time! I will continue to be a Costco customer for years to come!

Myken Cheyenne, WY

If I could give Costco 10 stars I would!! The value and quality is unbeatable. The return policy gives me peace of mind when shopping there for furniture and electronics. We recently purchased a bed from Costco and it’s durable, beautiful and was more than affordable.

AJ & Maria Ferguson Riverton, UT

We have been Costco members for almost 19 years. We have bought several pieces of furniture and have always been pleased with the high quality. We love our sectional that was our most recent furniture purchase. We've had it for over a year and there is hardly any wear on it. That's saying a lot with 4 children at home.

Aidan Keogh Ogden, UT

I have purchased a stove through Costco. The price was great for the double oven stove I purchased and the purchasing process was smooth. I was also impressed that the delivery people were so careful to not damage my home or the stove.