Denefits is a leading financing platform that helps patients move forward with their medical care without worrying about the immediate treatment cost. It works to build a bridge between quality healthcare services and financial availability to ensure proper treatment to a larger quantity of people. Patients can use this financing option to spread their treatment costs over months or even years. Moreover, Denefits comes with no-credit check, meaning patients can be financed regardless of their credit history or credit score.
- No Credit Check
- Payment Plans
No Credit Check
Denefits is aware that a large percentage of the population struggles to pay their medical bills. To service the most patients, the company strives to provide equal opportunities to everyone. Denefits does not require a credit check when providing loans to patients. It works with medical providers across North America to solve the problem of non affordability.
Denefits claims to provide financing on all healthcare specialties. The following list details the specialties that are publicly advertised online:
- Chiropractic —This service is often used by those in need of chronic care. Office visits tend to be more frequent with this type of medical care especially for those that suffer from multiple chronic conditions. The cost of chiropractic services typically runs from $30 to $200 per session. Frequency of office visits varies between patients and treatments. Covered treatments include decompression, comprehensive treatment, and peripheral neuropathy treatment.
- Dermatology —This applies to both cosmetic and medical dermatological treatments. Procedures can cost between $75 and $1825 depending the complexity of the surgery or treatment. Dermatology treatments and procedures that are covered include, but are not limited to, skin screenings, chemical peels, age spots, spider vein and varicose vein treatment, acne treatments, tattoo removal, and testing.
- Cosmetic Surgery — Most services are used by patients with the desire to improve appearance. As one of the more popular and more costly new medical procedures, costs can range from $2,475 to $12,125 or more. Some of the procedures covered include chemical peels, laser hair removal, microdermabrasion, hair replacement, tummy tucks, breast augmentations, reconstructive surgery, and plastic surgery.
- Dental — This is one of the long-term care specialties. Office visits take place on a more regular basis and services are typically expensive. The average cost of braces is $4,000 to $6,000, composite veneers is $200 to $1,600, and veneers is $400 to $800. Some covered treatments include 6-month check-ups, gingivitis prevention, fluoride treatment, ceramic fillings, sealants, braces or retainers, and bite plates.
- Orthopedics — Patients in need of chronic care who struggle with joint pain. Patients should not wait to see a doctor while suffering from chronic conditions. The average cost for orthopedic procedures is $10,000 to $50,000. Some of the procedures covered include arthroscopy, soft tissue repair, joint replacement, revision joint surgery, bone fracture repair, and spine fusion.
- Ophthalmology — Coverage includes procedures that are not commonly covered by health insurance. Common price ranges are as follows: eye exam from $50 to $250, contact lenses from $34 to $84 per week, child prescription lenses from $200, LASIK from $1,500 to $2,500 per eye, and cataract surgery from $3542 per eye. Covered vision eye care and vision correction procedures include eye check-ups, sunglasses, dry eye treatments, new glasses, and LASIK refractive eye surgery.
- Med Spas — Med spas provide a wide variety of services per facility. Common expenses include facials from $75 to $200, waxing from $25 to $125, and hair and nail services from $50 to $300. For individuals in need of a relaxing day and some pampering who don't have the cash on-hand, Denefits could be a useful resource. Some services covered include facials, body wraps and scrubs, body hair removal, massage, waxing, and body contouring.
- Veterinary — Animal medical care and services are covered. Office visits often result in long-term care. Each breed has varying health needs dependent on age, size, species, etc. For animals suffering from joint ailments in need of surgical procedures such as hip dysplasia, the cost is typically around $3,000. Diseases such as cancer cost on average $2,500 to treat. Some care coverages include teeth cleaning, emergency services, vaccinations, and pet food and nutrition.
- Endodontist — With a 100 percent approval rate, patients can meet with a care team to address their endodontic needs. Procedure costs for root canals range from $300 to $2,500 and dental implants from $3,000 to $6,000. Financing is provided for all medical treatments, traumatic dental injuries, dental implants, and endodontic surgery.
- Periodontics — Office visits and long-term care are known for being expensive. Some costs include gum graft surgery ranging from $700 to $100 per one or two teeth, dental implants ranging from $1,000 to $3,000, and laser treatment from $400 per tooth or $4,500 for the entire mouth. Some treatments covered are gum graft surgery, regenerative procedures, dental crown lengthening, and plastic surgery.
- Orthodontics — Dental health should be a priority. Some of the major costs incurred when receiving orthodontic care are braces from $4,000 to $6,000, bonding from $300 to $600 per tooth, and Panoramic X rays from $60 to $150. Some treatments included are adjustments, bonding, photographs, records, and wax bite.
- Funeral Homes — Monthly payment plans are available through a number of providers. Common costs for funerals include (approximations) Funeral director's services ($1,500), casket ($2,300), embalming ($500), use of the funeral home ($500), grave site ($1,000), grave digging ($600), grave liner or burial container ($1,000), and the headstone ($1,500).
- Gastroenterology — Treatment for IBS and general intestinal health typically with a specialist or primary care doctor. Some average costs include abdominal angiogram from $28,000 to $30,000, abdominal ultrasound from $200 to $650, appendectomy from $30,000 to $33,000, and laparoscopy from $1,700 to $5,000. Some included procedures are belt lipectomy, pancreas Scan, and proctectomy.
- Neurology — Covers testing, office visits, procedures, treatments, and other health services which are not always covered by insurance. On average, major treatments will cost between $10,000 and $30,000. The covered procedures include, but are not limited to, are lumbar puncture, computed tomography (CT), MRI scanning, and positron emission tomography (PET).
- Urology — Includes various types of office visits with primary care, urgent care, and long-term care when approved by providers. Typical costs include circumcision at about $225, nephrectomy from $15,00 to $75,000, and inguinal hernia repair from $4,200 to $6,200. The covered procedures include, but are not limited to, pyeloplasty, kidney stones, cystoscopy, excision hydrocele, scrotoplasty, and penile torsion.
- Oncology — Cancer can be a very expensive illness to treat. Radiation therapy commonly costs between $9,000 and $18,000, chemotherapy between $7,000 and $30,000, and stem cell transplants from $350,000 to $800,000. Covered treatments include surgeries, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, stem cell transplants, and precision medicine.
- Diabetes and Metabolism — Diabetes care is commonly categorized as long-term care. Testing supplies can cost between $7,000 and $12,000 and pancreas transplants cost between $125,000 to $300,000. Services include, but are not limited to, office visits, testing, and general medical care.
- Oral Surgery — Oral surgeries for extractions and surgeries can cost between $236 and $516. Dental implants commonly cost between $2,400 and $3,000. Some of the services that are covered are impacted teeth removal, improved fit of dentures, facial infections, and facial injury repairs.
- Hearing Aid Specialists — Hearing is a crucial function of day-to-day life. Simple hearing tests can cost $250 and hearing aids can cost between $300 and $5,600. Cochlear surgery and implants on average cost between $30,000 and $50,000. Services covered include hearing aid consultations, cochlear implants, hearing devices, tinnitus, and earmolds.
- ENT — Some of the more serious surgeries that may need to be performed include sinus surgery which can cost over $30,000 and nasal septum surgeries that can cost over $8,000. Other treatments included are biopsies, adenoidectomy, PE Tubes, tympanoplasty, and nasal septum surgery.
- Dietitians — Office visits with dietitians can be expensive. The first visit can cost anywhere between $100 to $200. Follow up visits can cost another $50 to $150 per visit. Weight loss treatment is not only meant to help people lose weight, but also to help people be more financially savvy.
Repayment plans will be set up with a Denefits representative at the time of the financing. Monthly payments are set at a rate that is attainable for the patient. Interest rates will depend on the amount and the terms of the loan. Credit scores do not prohibit patients from receiving financial support.
- Financing Information
- Guaranteed Payments
Very little information is provided online for potential clients. Patients who would like to know more about the financing options for this platform will need to talk to their local medical care providers. You can send an online application, but pricing and rates are not disclosed on the company website.
Very little information is published about these guaranteed payments. Denefits has promised a certain percentage of each patient payment after the initial payment is made on time to the medical care provider. Mixed reviews of this program have been given by consumers and clients of Denefits as some feel that the payments are not being made when they were promised. The lack of information available makes it difficult to understand the core issue.
The Bottom Line
This young company provides many people the opportunity to pay their medical bills in a timely fashion. It provides funding for most, if not all, medical needs and has partnerships with medical care providers across North America.
If you have bad credit and are unsure where to look for help with your medical expenses, Denefits is a great option. Though there are a couple of complaints, the versatility of this company makes it stand out next to competitors.