Oscar

7.2

Sterling M Austin, TX

Worst customer service. I am always on the phone asking the simplest question and it takes an hour for a 5 minute question/answer. The assistants are absolutely poorly trained. I spend my lunch hour calling and go without eating due to such poor assistance. They repeat themselves saying things that have nothing to do with the conversation or question asked. They do not know how to look up information regarding pricing of certain claims like hormone blood test. They even admitted they don't know who to spell the words. It's as if they are hired specifically just to drive you insane, and that it. If that's the case, I want to present them with an award. :((( P.S. it's also fun paying more than cash prices when you process through Oscar. What's the point of insurance??

Reply from Oscar

Sterling, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message.

Jun. 7th, 2022

Alycia Shapiro Woodland Hills, CA

My experience with Oscar has been terrible. They deny everything the first time and make you wait for approvals for medications, treatments, and testing despite obvious need for the care. In some cases, medications were denied that we had been on for years prior to the new insurance plan - even medications they had approved the previous year after a renewal leaving gaps in care that were detrimental to our health and wellbeing. Despite ample evidence of the medical neccessity they have denied a service again despite having debilitating pain that could easily be remedied by injections they want me to be on at least 3 different pharmaceuticals for 60 days each before they will cover it. I have tried several samples of medicine all of which make me very ill or my blood pressure dangerously drop. I have never been so unhappy with any insurance company and that is saying a lot. I feel completely helpless. We pay almost $2900 a month for a family of 5 That is alomst $35,000 a year and cannot get care when I need it. They are terrible.

Reply from Oscar

Alycia, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message.

May. 19th, 2022

CLC Marietta, GA

Ask the same question - get 20 different answers. As a new family to the Oscar plan, we've been beyond frustrated, confused, and frankly concerned that these people are in charge of our healthcare. The website has frequent errors despite the fact the founders claim to be from the tech industry. Virtual doctors are rarely available quickly - which is kind of the reason why you'd use a virtual doctor. Flashy graphics and buzz words to invoke high-end service fall flat when the customer is left without what they need most - reliable answers about their health insurance plan. And based on feedback we get when we hand our ID cards to doctor office staff, they're not ecstatic about this plan, either. I've got a ton of ideas on how to improve this health insurance company but have yet to find anyone at this company who cares enough to hear them.

Reply from Oscar

CLC, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message.

Apr. 6th, 2022

LAlvey Fort Worth, TX

I’m so disappointed with Oscar. We live in Fort Worth and the only imaging facility approved is a hospital, which is more expensive. I signed up with Oscar because of the low cost of insurance. Dr offices and imaging facilities are cancelling Oscar mid year leaving us with very few options to use. We can only use 1 hospital which is not one of the major hospitals. None of our doctors want to use Oscar. We are basically stuck for the year. You get what you pay for

Reply from Oscar

LAlvey, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message.

Apr. 6th, 2022

M MCFly Forest City, NC

I live in NC and have had Oscar for 4 months. When I signed up both my PCP and thyroid dr were listed as in network. As soon as I went to make an appt with my thyroid Dr they were suddenly no longer listed as in network. My husband went to our PCP and shortly after we get an EOB from Oscar saying that Dr is also out of network. So far not one of our prescriptions has been covered, get better prices from Good rx. Trying to contact customer service is a nightmare and they don't help once you get through. They just say not covered and that's it. Using their 'chat' service is a joke. It takes days to get an answer. This is the worst insurance I've ever had. Waste of money. Will be canceling today. I need the money I waste on the premiums to pay for everything they don't cover

Reply from Oscar

M MCFly, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message.

Apr. 4th, 2022

Guarionex Berrido Santo Domingo Este, 32

I have had a terrible experience with Oscar in these 3 months since January 2022. I had my health stable for years until I switched to Oscar believing was going to be a good option. Starting this year all my medications were not covered. They forced me to switch from Walgreens to CVS and, after many calls and messages, only two out of 5 of my diabetes and cholesterol medications appeared approved with low copay, when before I haven't had to pay. And those approved were the more basic ones. For the others, the pharmacy said my copay is $617 each month. Result: I couldn't face that and now I have my sugar out of control. This for sure will cause me soon a high A1C but they don't care. I have written a lot of times and my doctor tried many ways filling out justification forms about my medication and the drugs that were fully coverage for others insurances for years, Oscar covers a part of the cost only, leaving me more than $600 on my side. And my medications are common, not those of high price. So I am running out of a cholesterol drug and 2 diabetes medication and the sugar levels out of control. Really I am frustrated with this insurance. I don't want even think how will be the insurance response if I have to get in to the hospital. In cases like this, because I'm sure I'm not alone, the Market Place should allow an inmediate plan change to avoid a health problem because of the poor insurance coverage. I hope to have a solution soon before my health condition can get deteriorated caused by this insurance's poor response.

Reply from Oscar

Guarionex, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message.

Apr. 1st, 2022

lindap Kansas City, MO

This is my third month using Oscar and I have had an awful experience all around. I chose the Bronze-Elite plan because the prescription deductible agreement sounded like something that could help me out, as someone who uses multiple daily prescriptions for asthma and high cholesterol. Nothing crazy, very basic. The language in their plan is extremely misleading. They say it is a low-cost plan to pay out for prescriptions but i've only encountered my prescriptions increasing in price and resorting to using GoodRX coupons to be able to afford some medications. Or switching to a different brand of medication. They have denied more claims for me than approved, and did not cover prior prescriptions or have inflated the cost. Speaking to their customer service line is also a nightmare, as it seems that their workers either just hang up your call or have no idea what youre talking about. I have been told that I cannot file an appeal on a claim on my behalf and that my provider needs to initiate an appeal which is not true as stated in paperwork received. I have submitted a grievance for being billed for lab work because it was "Out-Of-Network" even though my PCP is "In-Network" and I have no ability to know where my labs will be sent. I have never had health insurance issues like this UNTIL switching to oscar. It may work for some, but not for me. I am extremely dissatisfied and urge folks to find a different health insurance provider or even go without, because the headache with Oscar is immense.

Reply from Oscar

Linda, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message.

Mar. 31st, 2022

Tim C Los Angeles, CA

Stay away from Oscar! Worst customer service ever. I had Oscar Health Insurance through Covered California from 2020-2021. They wrongfully terminated my coverage, and I had to appeal to the California Department of Managed Healthcare to get my coverage reinstated. I have had Kaiser, Blue Shield, Aetna, Sharp, and other insurances in my 62 years of life, and I have never had problems like I have with Oscar. What's funny is they advertise themselves as a better kind of healthcare. It's all marketing. It is a get filthy-rich scheme started by three freshly minted Harvard MBA grads who have no experience in the insurance industry. Be warned.

Diane Shuss New Philadelphia, OH

I received disability in March 2021 for a terminal condition. I looked at marketplace online and decided to wait because I was going to go through my husband's work. I was an RN for decades with my own plan through the hospital. At tax time say Dec..I get a IRS form saying I had been with this company. Then the letters started coming from Oscar that I had not seen before. I had never paid a cent to them. I never got cards, a welcome pack like they say... Nothing. Ever. Until now. Even knowing I had been covered would have been helpful, now I'm getting bills from them after reporting fraud. This is causing issues with tax filing and many other stressors. I did NOT have this insurance. I did not sign up on line. The lawyer said it's a fraud., But when I call Oscar I'm told they will put it in their system. No they have not. I contacted the OHio Attorney General and am waiting on a reply. I just want this fixed. I did not at any time agree to this insurance. Ever. I'm eligible for Medicare in July. I am dying is that not enough? What in the world is going on. Diane Shuss

Reply from Oscar

Diane, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message so that we may look into this for you.

Mar. 16th, 2022

DL Port Saint Lucie, FL

If you do not live within an area that has an Oscar Care Center - the insurance is horrible. If you try to use Virtual Care - you are asked why you do not go see a primary care and you are only allowed to see your primary care 1 time per year Screenings are supposed to be covered - for labs and some procedures - but they are not. Any procedure has to be done in a PCP office - which is not realistic because most primary care offices do not offer labs, ekgs etc ... So the documentation about services is very misleading Prescription coverage is not what it says. There are high copays for many meds and you cannot get the mail to you options if you cannot pick them up at one of the so called Oscar Virtual Centers. Oscar will take your money as a client, but not tell you that you need to live close to their Office. Unless you live in a city that offers their clinics - there is better health insurance. If Services are not available through an Oscar Network and you have to be seen for an emergent need - your claim will be denied For Covid - Oscar did not have service available at their in-network hospital - so I had to seek emergency care at an out of network system - but Oscar denied the claims. I suppose saving them a thousand dollars is more important than my health - I feel Even for catastrophic - you have to meet your 8000 deductible and then it will only pay 50 percent For a plan that cost 800 per month - I would expect more At first it seemed that Oscar had patient care and well being in mind - In my second year with then - I feel this is not so I will be canceling them I am a Nurse that has done case management. I know what is right and wrong, so no I cannot recommend them

Reply from Oscar

DL, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message so that we may look into this for you.

Mar. 16th, 2022

Hisari Jersey City, NJ

All Oscar services are super reliable, for eg when I ask for a doctor on call, I always get a call from a doc within 20-30 mins and its always free, I use doc on call 7-8 times a year. Oscar Health has completely changed how I interact with health care system.

Reply from Oscar

Thanks for the love, Hisari! Don't hesitate to reach out if there's ever anything we can do to help.

Nov. 9th, 2021

Anne New York, NY

Best - web site is easy to use, easy to navigate, easy to get info Worst - after the easy navigation in search of answers, the answer is almost always "we don't cover that", or "that doctor is not in our network" Positive - the $1/day for walking 12,000 steps Negative - why stop at $100? That's less than one-third of the year! My suggestion is making it at least half the year. Your rates are very high for the coverage you offer. At least you can give subscribers some impetus to stay healthy.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Anne! Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it and will make sure our team receives your insights to help improve our member experience.

Sep. 6th, 2021

Ryan Martin Clearwater, FL

You completely lose engagement with your app when your step tracking maxes out. There is no reason to open the app especially if you have auto bill pay on. You should do step tracking for 365 days a year ensuring every day engagement.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Ryan, thank you for your feedback! Our team is always looking for member insights on the Oscar experience and we'll be sure to share your thoughts on engaging with our app. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the step tracking feature!

Aug. 24th, 2021

Glen Williams Columbus, OH

I don't understand why I have to jump through impossible hoops to get tier 1 Rx for free. You make me go through an emergency protocol with an online doc that has no idea about my background and then print off a 2ndary Rx card to take to my same pharmacy just give us the prices straight up it is a time suck and feels like i am being scammed by my insurance compant

Reply from Oscar

Hi Glen, thank you for your feedback. Please check your DMs for a message from our team.

Sep. 6th, 2021

Renée Santa Monica, CA

I look at Oscar as tech meets healthcare. Love the app, the $ incentive to get your daily steps in and the doctors I've gone to have all been fantastic! Now if only I could get a lower deductible without the monthly fee going through the roof. ;)

Reply from Oscar

Hi Renee, thank you for your kind words and for being an Oscar member! We will make to share your feedback with our team.

Oct. 23rd, 2020

Robert Adler Deerfield Beach, FL

The company's website has been very easy to navigate through... customer service is very helpful and knowledgeable and I really like the no charge for the doctor on call service which was a brilliant idea who ever thought of that one!😎

Reply from Oscar

Thank you for your kind words, Robert!

Aug. 7th, 2020

Roxanne Fay Largo, FL

I have really appreciated the communication from Oscar regarding what my insurance covers, how to get help during the pandemic, what resources are available, etc. I am fortunate that I am in good health and haven't had much cause to use my coverage, but feel confident that if I should need care, I will know where and how best to receive that care.

Reply from Oscar

Thank you for your kind words, Roxanne! If there's anything we can do for you, please feel free to reach out.

Jul. 23rd, 2020

Ron Rolek Valencia, CA

Oscar has come through once again. Their Doctor on Call service saved us another trip to urgent care and made a scary situation a piece of cake. The concierge that worked with us, Courtney, was a true pleasure. However, the doctor we talked with through TeleDoc was not up to Oscars caliber.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Ron, we are happy to hear this! Please send us a DM so that we may follow up with you about your Doctor on Call experience.

Jun. 29th, 2020

brock williams Los Angeles, CA

Oscar has been the best health insurance company I've ever had. I've been self-employed my entire adult life, so I've paid for my own health insurance and I've had a lot of different policies with different companies, in multiple states. Oscar has been the most affordable, easiest to navigate and best coverage I've ever had.

Reply from Oscar

Thank you for your feedback, Brock! Let us know if you ever have any questions.

Roseanne Mitchell Georgetown, TX

I am impressed with coverage and doctors but Oscar needs to make it easier for my doctor's to get approvals. They tell me Oscar makes it too time consuming and difficult to get approval. Approvals should be made by doctors not some non medical person answering the phone or getting other types of communications

Reply from Oscar

Hi Roseanne, thank you for sharing your feedback. We will make sure to pass this along to the appropriate teams here at Oscar in order to help improve the member experience. Please let us know if we can help in any other way!

Penny Altman Van Nuys, CA

Oscar has always been there when I needed them. Their concierge team has answered all of my questions and they're always available. They pay their claims without any problems. Good network of doctors available. Overall, I have been very happy with Oscar compared to other insurance companies I have had in the past.

Reply from Oscar

Thanks for the love, Penny! We're glad to have you as part of the Oscar family.

Cherie Crane Los Angeles, CA

Responsive, good online portal and online concierge. I like that I can get a plan with all the UCLA physicians included. My only complaint is that Oscar does not cover as much as Blue Cross does in costs associated with breast cancer - such as cold cap therapy to prevent hair loss, considering it purely aesthetic and not recognizing that it can be emotionally comparable to breast reconstruction.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Cherie, we're happy to hear about your experience with our Concierge team! We would also like to thank you for your honest feedback. We'll make sure to share your thoughts with the appropriate teams at Oscar for consideration.

May. 22nd, 2020

Margie Valencia, CA

I have had a Oscar for about three years now and I have never experienced better customer service all the way around I would highly recommend Oscar as your insurance carrier. Also the network of doctors they have contracted are also really good you won’t regret it I promise

Reply from Oscar

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying your Oscar experience, Margie! Please let us know if you ever have any questions. We're happy to help.

May. 22nd, 2020

RVM

They have provided wonderful serice. Their client service in particular is formidable. I had my son on an insurance plan with them in Texas & because I was so pleased, I recently chose them for my husband, daughter and I in Florida.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Rita, thanks for the love! We are happy to have you as part of the Oscar family. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us and our team would be happy to assist.

Mar. 25th, 2020

Karen Los Angeles, CA

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience and now on my second year with Oscar. Customer Service is great and the parameters are clear from the start. The app is super easy and helpful to use especially for teledoc calls and concierge service! I have told many friends to use Oscar if they are business for themselves like me. Highly recommend!

Lori New York, NY

Wonderful customer service. I best ever!!!! Love that there are no referrals needed for in network doctors. App is easy to use and a great resource for doctor/drug coverage. I wish that Oscar had additional hospital networks in plan as I need a specialists that is not in network.

bigblu Culver City, CA

Had Anthem BC before. Now have Oscar insurance with same coverage, but lower premiums. Oscar is more efficient (automated with a simple website). You don't get a lot of unnecessary paperwork in the mail like with Anthem. Of course, the deductible is high, but compared to Anthem, Oscar is much more user friendly. If you have a question, you can email the Concierge and someone will get back to you. You don't have to wait on hold on the phone, only to have someone not able to answer your question, requiring a callback. Just much easier to use than Anthem.

Lisa Los Angeles, CA

I am very happy with my experience with Oscar so far (a year). Materials are very clear and the concierge service has always been terrific. They make it easy to be prepared and ask questions--which is really important for all patients to do in order to help manage costs.

William C Turner Sherman Oaks, CA

I signed up for a high deductible Oscar plan through the ACA because it covered two doctors that I see regularly. Follow up tests and specialists were generally reasonable, but some had high unexpected costs. I was able to get some answers to health questions through their app or website. And one of their doctors called me to give me a lower cost alternative to one of my expensive medications. While premium costs remain low, one of my specialists has been dropped for 2020.

Dominica Pileggi Converse, TX

Everyone is always so helpful and very knowledgeable about everything I've ever asked about. If the answer wasn't known right then, they would find out and get back with me. Usually very quick. The only thing I would like to have had was a larger selection of specialist for adults

mark eichenseer Columbus, OH

The support system is a valuable resource to guide the patient through the process either via messaging or phone. Willingness to review surprise bills is comforting. Quick response by the support team for any request is crucial. The silver plan has fair coverage for a reasonable cost.

Cynthia Cavazos San Antonio, TX

I am so glad that I decided to go with Oscar as my health insurance company years ago. It has been the best insurance I have ever had. It has been so innovative and has implemented practices I had never seen before way ahead of it's time.

Natasha R. Hamilton San Antonio, TX

I like Oscar as a whole but would like to see better coverage for physical therapy. I have a foot injury that needed regular physical therapy and even with insurance I was being charged $90 a visit instead of just a $25/specialist copay. Which means I couldn't keep seeing the specialist and still have an injured foot.

Stacy Huntington Beach, CA

If you live in an area where Oscar offers coverage it is a good affordable option. They work with top doctors in Orange County and the app makes it very easy to find providers. They also reward you with $1 Amazon credit per day that you meet your daily step target which is a fun perk.

Thaddeus Bouska Brooklyn, NY

Oscar, like all modern health insurance companies, has its problems. Healthcare is expensive, and insurance never covers enough of the costs. But if you put aside industry-wide complaints about those costs, I find Oscar is pretty good in one big way that sets it apart from competitors in New York. They have excellent customer service who is very helpful at navigating the world of healthcare with you, explaining everything and trying their best to help you get the care you need. They make the service worthwhile over other similarly priced companies that don't offer such helpful service.

deborah hensley Austin, TX

This has been a more affordable plan , then the BCBS, that we had for years, they have great primary doctors on the plan and a good web site, and other features. This plan seems to pay the doctors the same as the BCBS did, and I have had no complaints about the payment. As the cost if insurance is rising and the benefits are lowering , Oscar is a good choice.

Kanna emerick Orlando, FL

The customer service is amazing. Everyone is so patient and polite and informative! I love the phone app and that I can see my lab results, appointments, prescriptions etc. they give you more than enough info on all of those and it’s very user friendly

Marty Robbins Austin, TX

Oscar is an awesome Insurance Provider . I'm very happy with the app, concierge team and the ability to get a call in with a Oscar Dr at anytime I need it . The out of pockets , deductibles and prescriptions are nice and low too The walking incentive is great as a motivator also . Just get Oscar best move you can make .

Eric Austin Huntington Beach, CA

Oscar has excellent customer service and responsiveness. They are new, so still sometimes unknown to the receptionists of my doctors, but I have not had any issues obtaining approvals or coverage with any of my needs. So far an excellent experience.

Francisco Laguna Niguel, CA

The thing I enjoy most about Oscar is the mobile app. I use that app all the time whether it be to see my steps or just get information. It’s very easy to use and very convenient. Customer service is great and haven’t had a problem so far.

Justin Fox Austin, TX

My favorite thing about Oscar is that I'm always able to get a hold of an agent if I need anything. No robots, no automated voice, no long queues - If I need to speak with an Oscar representative I'm almost always instantly connected with a real person. They're always very helpful and very friendly.

Paul New York, NY

The app is great; paperwork and reports are clear; and the drug coverage is excellent. I have no complains after about 14 months enrolled (though admittedly I haven't had any out-of-the-ordinary health needs). The only reason I gave 4 stars rather than five is the very high cost of the plan, which went up $100 after my first year, and is slated to go up about $140 after the second. (But then again, skyrocketing costs probably aren't limited to Oscar!)

Phil Torrance, CA

Modern insurance company with fair pricing, good selection of doctors, and good coverage. We needed basic health insurance to cover our catastrophic needs. We also wanted reasonable pricing on our everyday health needs. So far Oscar has delivered what we expected. Their website and app make it much easier to interact with the company.

HOWARD DARVIN Beachwood, OH

Overall, Oscar insurance is well run. Good communication when required. Only concern is their explanation of benefits does not list the service provided, any codes or name of provider. This makes it very difficult to reconcile with bills received from providers.

Jennifer Vermillion Kyle, TX

From a personal concierge team to help you, to being able to talk with a professional, this insurance is AMAZING. Makes everything so easy. Able to find any type or doctor and any type of care right on an easy to navigate app on my phone. It's Wonderful!!! Able to book appointments right on the app even!

Sue Venice, CA

Since switching to Oscar from another very reputable health insurance provider, I could not be happier. From the level of doctors available to the app, and the doctor on call, I have been blown away from the level of excellence. I have recommended Oscar to all my friends and they will all be switching when they can.

Christina Silva-Salgado Huntington Beach, CA

I am very happy with Oscar Insurance. You guys are very helpful and fast responding to any questions we have and recently you helped me find a specialist to follow up after I burned myself. It was refreshing to have help and fast help, from an insurance company.

Alexa L. San Antonio, TX

I really like the ability to have a phone conversation with a doctor. That feature has been incredibly helpful. I also enjoy the concierge team who help me navigate my medical care. It has been good being able to schedule specialist appointments directly too. So far the price is Ok as well. All that and a critical mass of providers who take Oscar make it great for our family.

Jeronimo New York, NY

Oscar provides a competitively priced insurance for the New York market, which is widely accepted with multiple pcp and specialists. Additionally, their digital platform allows you to speak with a dedicated concierge team and medical professionals on demand for minor inquiries, which are both time saving and very efficient, as well as helping you save on the co-pays with the doctors.

Jeff McCourt Austin, TX

Oscar has been the best health insurance plan I have ever had. Have an issue with a provider? Tell Oscar and it gets resolved quickly. Need to find a doctor in network? No problem - just use their search engine and several doctors are shown.