Molina Healthcare Logo

Molina Healthcare

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

Molina Healthcare stands out among health insurance companies because of its focus. From the beginning Molina Healthcare has been a dedicated healthcare provider for underserved populations, low-income families, and those receiving government assistance. Its goal is to provide quality, affordable care to its patients.

Molina has grown from serving communities in California to serving communities in 14 states and Puerto Rico.

While Molina Healthcare has a great mission, it hasn't received many positive reviews on BestCompany.com. As you consider buying a Molina Healthcare plan, keep reviewer concerns in mind.

View Molina Healthcare Reviews

Molina Healthcare was founded in 1980 by Dr. C. David Molina. He wanted to create a place where underserved individuals and families could receive affordable, quality health care services instead of going to the emergency room for general health care services.

The Good

• Health Plans
  • Dedicated Service
  • Additional Support

Health Plans

Molina Healthcare offers several kinds of health insurance plans, including Marketplace plans, Medicare, Medicaid services, and integrated plans for those who are eligible.

One unique feature of Molina Healthcare's Medicaid health plans is their flexibility. If your Medicaid eligibility changes, Molina Healthcare's plans make the transition from Medicaid to Affordable Care Act plans easier.

As you transition from being Medicaid members to buying plans from the Health Insurance Marketplace, these Medicaid plans help with the change. They allow you to keep your regular health care providers and medical clinics while keeping medical expenses low.

Molina Healthcare's primary Medicare health plan is a Medicare Advantage plan. Molina Healthcare also offers dual plans or integrated Medicaid and Medicare plans. These plans help meet specific needs of some Molina Healthcare members.

The cost and benefits of its health care plans varies depending on the plan selected. Some plans may require prior authorization or referrals for some medical services, like specialist visits.

For more detailed information about coverage and cost (premiums, deductible, copays, and out-of-pocket limit), interested people should contact Molina Healthcare directly.

Dedicated Service

Molina Healthcare employees are dedicated to providing friendly and quality service. The Molina Healthcare website offers helpful enrollment and member information in seven languages.

The company’s website is very informative with FAQ sections, more information on health plan offerings, and links to useful resources.

Each physician in Molina Healthcare’s network is committed to treating their patients like family and providing quality care.

Additional Support

Molina Healthcare has a Broker Support Unit that assists people as they enroll in health insurance. The company also offers a member portal called My Molina where members can set-up payments, print or request ID cards, and change their doctor.

It is easy to reach Molina Healthcare offices via phone calls. The website provides a list of phone numbers specific to the regional offices. Some of these phone numbers are toll free.

Molina Healthcare operates independent health clinics in several of the states it operates in. At a health clinic, a patient can receive general health care services, including maternal care, shots, and primary care. Molina Healthcare clinics also have bilingual healthcare providers that can provide assistance to English language learners.

Get Quote

The Bad

• Negative Customer Reviews
  • Limited Availability

Negative Customer Reviews

Unfortunately, Molina Healthcare has recieved mostly negative reivews on BestCompany.com. Although Molina Healthcare has fewer reviews than other health insurers listed on BestCompany.com and negative reviews are common for the industry, Molina's negative reviews are concerning.

Reviewers mention difficulty with finding in-network providers, billing, and getting services covered.

Limited Availability

Molina Healthcare is available in California, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wisconsin. If you do not live in these states, Molina Healthcare may not be an option for you. Available plans may also vary state to state.

Molina Healthcare is dedicated to serving people who qualify for Medicaid and Medicare, people who are uninsured, and those who may not speak English. If you are not interested in a Marketplace plan or do not qualify for government assistance, Molina Healthcare may not be available to you.

The Bottom Line

Molina Healthcare is different from other health insurers because of its dedication to providing quality services and creating comfortable environments for its customers. It also provides health care information on the company's website in seven languages. Molina also operates health clinics with bilingual staff, doctors, and primary care physicians that provide accessible health care to patients.

Molina Healthcare focuses on offering Medicaid and Medicare Advantage insurance plans. It stands out for offering plans specifically for people transitioning between Medicaid and Marketplace health plans.

Although Molina has good offerings, its negative reviews on BestCompany.com are concerning. Keep these reviews in mind as you learn more about what Molina Healthcare offers in your area.

Call our recommended rep over at Molina Healthcare below.

1.5

Yolanda Arlington, TX

I have tired for over a month to get in touch with someone on the phone, I've started calling at 8:00 am and still get put on hold that's only having to go in circle with there automative system and having to repeat over and over because It's continues to repeat I didn't understand that (very frustrating). I've had to change PCP twice since I pick on out go to make an appointment and they notify me that they are not taking Molina. The PCP book is completely wrong and outdated cause the address are even wrong for the providers. I was able to get in touch with 1 person back in February and that person was not even knowledgeable enough to know what a mammogram was, so had had to do the research to find a facility that took Molina Insurance, I'm doing all the leg work in trying to located, call and confirm if a PCP is accepting Molina, this is something that they should have updated. And Billing is unreal I have my bank statements showing I've made Jan, Feb March, April, and Now May payments but if you go to the website billing it's showing I have a past due balance, trying to get ahold of them for this issue is like pulling teeth.

Theresa Demaree El Paso, TX

I have never experienced such despicable service in my life. The website does not function nor do any of the customer service numbers. I have paid my premiums. However when I access the website it does not show payment received even though they have my money!!! This is a crime!!! I cannot get a hold of anyone via phone. I have been on hold for over 90 minutes. One and a half hours. Molina Healthcare, Inc. has a market capitalization of US$9.3b, and total annual CEO compensation was reported as US$18m for the year to December 2019. Notably, that's an increase of 18% over the year before. One would think that anyone earning 18 million dollars a year could provide adequate services to their customers!!!!

Karen Powell Houston, TX

New cardiologist ordered a heart monitor for me on March 31st 2021. His office only uses one made by Medilynx, which is out of network. Dr. Mark C. office staff, in San Antonio Texas, has been telling me for one month now to call Molina and tell them I need it, to make payment plans with Medilynx, and to call medi-lynx and apply for an Indigent program to get the monitor for free. I found out medi-lynx was out of network from a medi-lynx representative that called Molina. The doctor's office staff has never bothered to contact Molina Marketplace to see if the monitor would be approved since it's the only one they use in that office. I have IVCD and I am dizzy, extremely tired, and cannot be on my feet for more than about 15 minutes. I have contacted Molina customer service numerous times and been disconnected. I have asked for a supervisor and the customer service representative put me back on hold like if I had just called in. I finally reached a customer rep last week that was on the phone with me for 1 and 1/2 hours trying to help me find a list of heart monitors approved by Molina Marketplace. She could not find one. I have left bad reviews on the regional office website here in San Antonio. They give a blanket response to everyone with the same wording to email them for expedited service. I have not heard back from them since January so I'm not expecting to hear back from them about any heart monitors from the message I sent them the other day. I also was supposed to get a case manager starting January 1st of this year and I have not heard back from them about getting one. One of their numbers listed online actually reaches Molina in California. That lady was supposed to send a message to Molina in Texas to contact me. How sad is that? I get weaker every day and I'm unable to work. I actually feel like I could die or end up in the hospital without ever getting any help from Molina. This is the end of April. I don't know what to do anymore.

Moo Hattiesburg, MS

I live in Mississippi and unfortunately for my area Molina for healthcare is all that is offered. I applied for healthcare and dental at the very beginning of April. Here it is April 23rd and I haven't received anything from Molina and and my status still shows initial enrollment. My dental is through another company and I have already received my card and status showing active. I tried calling Molina and it is horrible. Their automated service is a nightmare and can't assist me. I finally was able to be put in queue to speak to a representative. I waited on the phone for 20mins and it just hung up on me. I can not get in contact with anyone to check on my health insurance.

Glo Perez Wylie, TX

I have been at this all morning trying to find a Doctor for my 96 year old mother I called them to e-mail me a list of Doctors because her doctor of many years no longer takes Molina its like i have circled all this list and called and called NoOnE wants anything to do with Molina! The List is Bogus Numbers ,Or the number isn't correct and i got chewed out from a dr office for calling i told them its not my fault i said you need to call molina and get off this list! Then she did give me advice and said just look at the name and then Google the Dr to get correct number and information,This is ridiculous I'm capable of doing this but what about the elderly like my Mom? Shame if they are going out of business but please update your list !!! The Founder needs to stand up for his Company or do a review himself of the list that is given to us and see how many dr's he get's that take Molina... My Mother is at her witts end and doesn't have a dr at this age! She has tried to stay with Molina but she is asking me to check out other insurances because of this ridiculous list!

Mickie Adams Ashtabula, OH

This company is a scam. Dont waste your time or money. They transfer you and transfer you. Noone will help you. Worste company I haver ever worked with. Im getting an attorney.

Jorge Calix Charlotte, NC

Terrible customer service. You can’t get ahold of anyone over the phone and when you finally do they are not helpful and careless. Their website is useless. I have been trying to change my primary doctor for the past two weeks and it seems like an impossible task. I hope someday I can book an appointment with a doctor.

Janeen Heller Watertown, WI

I had a change in my husband's income in February. I had to try and fix it for and entire month and got hung yup on 4 times before I finally talked to someone who spent some time with me and stayed on the line with me. Then when he finally did get into a three way they gave me a bunch of bologna about how the billing was supposed to be which was incorrect. They KNOW VERY WELL. I don't have the money or time to fight it as I've seen from the reviews they do it all the time. Guess what? It's a hard NO next year Molina. and I plan to tell as many people as possible to stay away from you like the 10 plaques of Egypt and you are no better than scammers from India with business degrees. Congrats! Karma will get you in the long run as you STEAL from people who can't afford it and can't prove it...If only I could leave negatives on these numbers.

CB ,

I have a rare disease so I am one of those people that use their health coverage continuously. I have a lengthy and complex medical history. However, in the past years, in South Texas- Laredo - it has worked pretty decently. They do require PAs for a lot of stuff, but for the most part if you have the records and follow the steps it covers it. I have had some trouble getting 1 or 2 medicines approved, one of which was brand name and there was a generic available. However, I went through the complaint process and eventually got it approved. Usually PAs get approved for a whole year and that is pretty useful. Once I reach my out of pocket they pick up everything. They cover all my medicines and one out of the formulary - for the PA my doctors had to submit letters, chart, etc. to get it approved. I need specialty meds and they take care of them as long as a PA is submitted. I have had multiple ER and Urgent Care stints and I also have had hospital admissions and my coverage has been overall great. Their customer service is also pretty good. The customer service reps are helpful. They will call you back if they said they would... I am only giving them 4 stars because they do require a lot of PAs, but overall for the coverage I need it has been good.

crg323 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Molina Healthcare has nothing to offer except bad customer service. Trying to contact them through their website is a waste of time, and you will be put on hold for 30 minutes or more if you call the customer service number. My husband and I received our Molina health cards in the mail with the correct plan details for 2021. Then I saw on their website that my husband's plan was not active but mine was. Of course, this made no sense because my husband is the primary subscriber. After numerous attempts to contact Molina about the discrepancy, we confirmed with Healthcare.gov that our my plan was indeed active for 2021. Only to be told at the doctor's office that our plan was cancelled. Well, that was the end of that! Even if this was a simple technical error, I should not have to struggle to get basic information from a healthcare company. We were insured by Molina for 2020 and never used the plan. Now that we want to use the insurance Molina Healthcare is missing in action. This company needs to be investigated.

jonesaw Houston, TX

Molina is a pathetic excuse for an insurance company. They cannot properly bill customers. It took them 2 months to get me info to be able to log in to get an insurance card. They excel at transferring your calls and putting you on hold for hours on end. They claim Memorial Hermann (is in network) in Houston, TX but almost none of the doctors at MH are in network. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra $20/month and use someone like BCBS or Etna.

Mike Baldwinsville, NY

As a physician, I am routinely frustrated by Molina's unwillingness to approve appropriate procedures. They routinely deny things that all other insurance companies will cover. We are often forced to do peer-to-peer reviews with someone who is not connected to patient care, which is time consuming and insulting. Have had to threaten legal intervention to get things done. Stay away!!

Brittany Nelson Green Bay, WI

There is a reason this company has such low reviews. I signed up in December and made my initial payment on December 11th. The money came out of my account that day but when I look at my account on their website it shows the payment was divided into two. There is a random $23 of my payment “pending” because of this when I attempt to use my insurance they are telling providers my account is not active and denying coverage. Funny though they still have me on auto pay and are taking monthly payment even though I’m apparently not an active member. This insurance company is a scam. They take your money and don’t pay out for services. Good luck getting ahold of a real person. You’ll sit on hold for hours trying to correct an issue on their part just to have the representatives hang up on you once you do get though before you can even finish explaining your situation. I’m currently on hold for the second time today after being hung up on.

Mike C. ,

The best thing to say about their marketplace plans is that they are the least expensive options. However, that is largely because they are basically catastrophic health plans that are being sold as comprehensive ones. Deductibles are at maximum allowed levels, at Bronze level and not much better at higher grades, It is extremely difficult to use the coverage due to the small number of doctors and facilities taking the plan, a fact which is hard to determine due to the way the system forces you to search for physicians. Instead of telling you who is in network, you have to ask about each doctor you are interested in and have them tell you one by one, assuming the results are accurate or up to date. As others have noted, they frequently are not. This is difficult to do under the best circumstances and My Molina web interface works so erratically but it is never the best of circumstances. In my experience I found that 60-80% or more of the time every request failed due to "an unexpected error." Not surprisingly the payment system was more reliable, but even there I periodically had problems getting the system to let me pay my bill. The pharmacy benefits are questionable, with frequent gaps where therapeutically non-equivalent drugs were treated as equivalent in order to minimize formulary. I found that I usually got a better price using a free prescription discount card than using my pharmacy benefits. In addition, Molina would try to demand preauthorization for medications that they did not cover, for which they paid not one cent towards. In other words demanding control over whether you got medication you had to pay full price, for which they covered nothing. i can't comment on frequent denials of care because it was so hard to use it and network was so limited, I never was able to get to the point of having them deny care, only trying to control my medications. I have already dumped them for a more expensive plan that at least has a reasonable network.

M D Carrollton, TX

As soon as we paid for the premium, we could not login to our Molina account. We could not even find our doctor even though it was there before we picked the company. We should have listened to the reviews.

Orlando Mesquite, TX

I'm surprised to see negative reviews. It's one of the best insurance's out there. They are renovating my entire bathroom to make it handicap accessible. Their also paying for my walker.my bathroom renovation and walker was 0 cost( Free) not to mention their is never a copay at DR visits,it's free(and I go to a specialist) my medications are always free. Not to mention their customer service is outstanding,your talking to a reviewer. I'm so happy with Molina.don't let the Negative reviews ( change your mind) it's A very good insurance. about the lady who came to my house Stacey T to update, she was so nice and very good at customer service ( my mom , sister and I was very happy )***** I give them 5 star Ratings.

SpencerAndy Riverside, CA

Molina is the absolute worst. They assigned me a random doctor for my PPO, I could change it until my health care coverage took effect on 1/1/2021. Of course, they were closed until 1/4/2021. I called Molina at 3:30 pm PST today to switch providers because their online system is unable find the provider when I attempt to change it (Yet, it finds the provider when I do a provider search). After waiting for 20 minutes and finally speaking with an inept customer service representative that was unable to do the switch, I called back and had to wait for 30 minutes. The customer service representative told me she had to get a supervisor to make the change, which took another 20 minutes. In total it took me 90 minutes to change my provider and now it’s after 5:00 pm PST and my provider is closed. I have to wait ANOTHER day just to try to make an appointment with my provider. I have never dealt with a company that was so inept with bad business processes. If you have a choice of health care insurance companies, DO NOT choose Molina!

Nicholas Sharpe Houston, TX

They issued us ID cards with a doctor who is not in the program. Let that sink in a moment. That would have been forgivable except, the "Find a Doctor" section of their web page doesn't work. The clinic two miles from us is a participant in the program. But it does not show up. The other doctor in the clinic we were originally assigned to still accepts this insurance, he does not show up either. The one time the "Find a Doctor" system did work it gave us options that were at least 25 miles away. Effectively we are unable to use the system because we cannot get an ID with a primary doctor. We can not even use the Teledoc system because they forgot to add us to the list. We spent HOURS on the phone and were unable to talk to anyone. Twice the Molina Healthcare, endless voicemail system just hung up on us. No customer service A nonfunctioning website No available doctors Molina is a total waste of money. One star is too high. This company is in the -4 catagory

mijhsan Fairfield, OH

Phone support is friendly and capable, but chronically understaffed. Wait times typically are in the 10s of minutes. This was the case before Covid. Billing is chaotic. I received multiple bills over time that were erroneous. Once, the amounts on a statement sent to me made no mathematical sense. I had to wait 40 minutes on the phone to hear them say I could ignore it. I'm looking at a bill now that says I owe money I paid 30 days ago. I'm on hold right now after hearing that I actually am owed money by Molina.

allison ,

The worst experience I've ever had to just find a primary care physician. Their network list is either severely outdated or carelessly maintained. The first hurdle was getting accurate results based on proximity to my home address. Search results initially showed doctors 20 min+ away as the closest, but when I entered a different address down the street, I could see doctors that were less than 5 minutes away. I finally chose a doctor that Molina listed as an in-network General Practitioner, but when I called the phone number provided on Molina's site, it was a Pediatric office that didn't see any adult patients and had no record of that doctor's name. I called Molina to switch my Primary Care Physician which they were helpful in doing, but now I'm trying to make an appointment with that doctor and the number leads to a telehealth company that is saying my doctor isn't in network. I am on a wild goose chase to find out if any of these doctors on the website A. exist, B. are practicing at the address on Molina's site, and C. have a working phone number so that I can even contact them. Maybe it's partly a reflection of a convoluted healthcare system in America, but I've never had this much difficulty finding a doctor with any other health insurance providers.

Pete Stephens Brisbane, QLD

Absolute crap. Can’t pay a Bill online or get into my account for the 3rd time. There tech sucks and I hate them.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Molina Healthcare was a perfect example of what private insurance coverage should be. They were economical and yet they provided full services and full coverage. I was grateful for their coverage and professional handling of my healthcare coverage. Most organization are cumbersome, Molina was the opposite. A great example of service and caring.

Brian Auburn, WA

I’m shocked at all the negative reviews. My experience has been incredibly smooth and painless with Molina. I’ve had no problems getting services that I need, easy to get referrals and medications are always approved with VERY low to zero costs. Compared to Cigna that I had before, Molina is pretty awesome. Many services are approved no questions asked. Customer service has always been pretty good to me, no long holds over the phone.

Flavio Albuquerque, NM

I Had Molina Heathcare. Since Year 1995 it Was Great. And I Had To Switch To Bluecross Blueshield. Because Molina Heathcare. Is Discontinuing Tomorrow. January 1, 2019. Thanks To Molina. That Paid My Prescription. And My Doctor Appointments.

Lee from WA Maple Valley, WA

I am brand new to this insurance and will be canceling it. I have questions and when I call the “customer service” number, I NEVER am connected with a person! I wish I’d known about their awful reputation before I signed up.

Lara Severs Ocean Springs, MS

This company is horrible. I have spent all day on the phone, just to register an account. All day, to find out that there is nothing that can be done. All you are doing is paying for service you have no access to.

Pinkflower Houston, TX

Wow ! I was interested in NEW coverage for 2021 and was going to pick Molina Healthcare so many NEGATIVES' about this Insurance Co., this is awful ! so now I will have to hunt another Med., Ins., Co. ! * looks like doctors are too far or NOT on the list / slow approval for med's. :(

Say No To Molina Medina, OH

Horrible horrible insurance. If I could give them a zero I would. They do not care if you are in terrible pain they will deny a procedure even after they tell your dr its a covered procedure and your case worker also tells you the procedure you need is covered. Don't depend on this company to care about you or your loved ones. If you hear the words Molina Healthcare run!!!! Medicare and Medicaid should be ashamed to be associated with this company.

jody albright Seattle, WA

Molina does everything it can to not approve tests and treatment for mental health issues, dementia, and potential Alzheimers. We have been struggling to understand the issues with a brain that has shut down in a few lobes and Molina will not approve the required tests and procedures to adequately assess the issues and define a treatment plan for the near and far future. It is such a sad, sad situation.

David C. Wick Franksville, WI

The worst insurance company I've ever had! Lied at time of signing stating that all my doctors were in network. When I actually went to my primary physician they told me that they dont take Molina! After a month of calling and eventually filing a grievance, they admitted that they gave me misinformation at time of signing. Initially refused to give me any documentation of their misinformation until I threatened legal action. Now it is past the timeframe and I cannot change insurance company to one that accepts my primary physician! They continually deny procedures even though my previous insurance carrier approved the same procedures several times. Basically, I cant go to my doctors and even if I go to theirs they deny all procedures! Worthless!

Angela Seattle, WA

Terrible. I had Regence and Premera previously. Molina is so much worse than either. Molina requires "physician's approval" or "physician's authorization" (PA) before filling any of the prescriptions I had on an ongoing basis from previous year. Neither Premera or Regence did that. That PA process took time, delaying me getting one prescription in particular so I'm almost out. But now, Molina says I can't get it filled at my regular neighborhood pharmacy, they've deemed it a 'specialty drug' so I have to get it from CVS Specialty. It's going to take a week for this to get set up and delivered, so I'll be without the meds for a week!! Trying to talk to Molina about this, I just get this pushback, "We can't fill that thru your regular pharmacy," like it's a law or a regulation, rather than a stupid rule they set up to save themselves money. They don't care I'll be out of the meds for a week. They just care about their bottom line. (With both Premera and Regence, I had no trouble getting this drug from two different pharmacies, drug stores I chose, not the insurance company!!) I followed the advice of my broker choosing Molina this year. I should've looked at online reviews and talked to my local pharmacy, who told me (after I'd already started attempting to use Molina) that they've seen the hassles their customers using Molina have had. It's only mid Feb but I want out NOW. Molina's given me such run-around for getting this one simple prescription filled. What's going to happen when I have a bigger claim?

sophie do San Antonio, TX

I would do zero star if i could. DO NOT USE THIS INSURANCE !!!! this is the worst insurance company ever. they never pick up the phone and their website is useless.

Dr. Pepper Man Blue Mountain, MS

Absolute garbage insurance. I recently switched insurance carriers the first of the year without thoroughly researching it first and now I am really regretting my decision. I should have stayed with my previous insurance but was trying to go the cheaper route which it turns out is costing me a fortune. Molina insurance company denies almost everything! It's as if that's their company motto. I have yet to receive an invoice for which they have paid more than 10% of the bill, and I have stacks of bills to prove it. If you are considering Molina, I strongly urge you to reconsider. If not I can guarantee you will regret it

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

Molina Healthcare disappointed us. We paid a significant amount of money for a policy to protect our family. We were told certain doctors were definitely in network to later find out that they were not. We will not be choosing Molina again or recommending them to others.

Scuba Dan Laurelville, OH

Terrible customer service, switched plans in November so that the new plan would start in Jan. Figured it would be a flawless switch over. WRONG! Spent numerous hours on the phone trying to figure our why in the middle of January I'm still getting bills for my old plan amount. Very frustrating. When I call they say one thing and when I get a bill I see something else. The phone tree system is beyond terrible. It will take about 10 minutes if you're lucky to get to speak with a live person. Don't trust their online payment or logging onto their system, it will be hacked and all your personal data with be stolen. Every Plan I've had through the market place has been hacked and I've received free credit reporting for the last several years, I just got another free year due to another settlement with BCBS. Molina is just like the others, a for profit money grab which leaves the consumers with no recourse and not even a reach around.

TOM KLEIN Milwaukee, WI

You reply does not work. Your login does not work, your password reset does not work, your live customer service  cannot reset things. Therefore I can't register a complaint makes you feel proud, I saw filed complaints with several other wonderful agencies online detailing the two hours of a nightmare which you have created be proud. All I wanted was to check if my account had been paid and if I was set up for automatic renewal. I was so foolish to believe that this could be done. I feel so sorry for your customer service having to deal with the computer mess you people have made but I bet you saved money. What I like about the Internet is there are several other sites that do work I've been using eBay and Amazon for decades without this level of problems. I will be reposting this on as many websites as I can find you give it is free advertising

Janneth San Diego, CA

If I could give Molina zero stars I would. I visit the ER room on March 2019 and I’m barely getting an invoice after 8 moths. The emergency visit was $327 and Molina ONLY paid $67.29 that’s ridiculous! Unfortunately I had to pay the rest. What’s the point of having insurance if they don’t even cover half. Each month I make monthly payments to Molina to get coverage, but what coverage their refusing to pay more than $67. It would have been better off not to have insurance because at least I wouldn’t have to pay close to $200 each month for premium. Where’s the money I have been paying every month? If I add up the monthly premium for the year it’s close to $2,400. So please do yourself a favor and stay away from Molina. They are very happy to receive your monthly premiums and when you need them they don’t care about you.

R Dallas, TX

Molina is a complete scam. There are NO doctors that accept it! I can't believe this company is in business. It is apparently funded by the ACA, but NONE of the DOCTORS listed on their website or in any of their literature actually accept their insurance. They should be investigated for fraud, but then again the entire Obamacare system is fraudulent and a complete failiure. It is only designed to extort money from the american people via the tax code and hand it over to "Healthcare" companies that Doctors do not accept! Molina Collects a monthly premium and provide no service! Criminal! This is organized crime!

Tao Santa Fe, NM

I talked to Molina reps BEFORE I chose the company & they blatantly lied about the doctors on their list. Primary care doctor was rude & treated me like one of the "cheap" patients because I was using Molina. The PCP gave me a referral for a Gastroenterologist- no gastroenterologist's in the state of New Mexico will take Molina, NOT ONE. 3 of the offices told me they informed Molina that they would no longer accept their plans & Molina has refused to remove from their website the list of doctors & clinics that dropped them. Government (our taxes) paid Molina around $6000 for my plan - I got to have a $314 doctor visit & referrals that I cannot use & paid that doctor $35 co-pay. AVOID!!

chey Olympia, WA

I wish there was a zero star rating. Molina automatically rejects every claim. 99% of the doctor do not work with Molina. I wanted to see an allergist and got denied because Molina said they would not work with that doctor even though that Dr takes our Molina Marketplace insurance. Every prescription I have ever tried to fill gets automatically denied. I have spent more time getting the run around and less time getting my health issue resolved. NOBODY takes this insurance and if there somebody out there they are an hour or more away from where I live in Olympia WA. We pay $1,500 per month for this insurance that really is not an insurance at all . I have been forced to pay cash for all my doctors visits because I don't have time to deal with the constant denials. Changing insurances next year. I don't normally leave reviews places but I wanted to warn anyone considering this fraudulent insurance company.

MB Waukesha, WI

I have had Molina 3 different times. They were the most affordable plan on my limited income. However, I always had the problem of trying to find any doctors or services that would accept my insurance plan because doc find is extremely outdated. This time is the worst though. I sent in two claims for a podiatrist and a PT. Both times they told me they were out of network and no payment. That was not the case. They told me that my PT wasn't being paid because his certification expired. That was not the case. Still working on $500 bill for one podiatrist visit. Also fired a complaint on podiatrist because visit was a nightmare! He was terrible. When I called previously , they have no record of any of my calls. I'm glad I'm retired because I've spent a lot of time on just two visits. So, the insurance is fine, as long as you never have to use it!

J Dallas, TX

I spent over an hour on the phone trying to find a provider that actually takes their insurance. They list they provided is completely inaccurate (the doctors listed don't accept the insurance, they're no longer working there, the phone numbers are wrong, doctors names are listed multiple times, etc.). I was on page 5 before I found someone, and that's after extending my search to doctors that are an hour away. There's a link at the bottom of the provider search page to take their "Provider Online Directory Survey," but surprise surprise the link doesn't work. Every doctor's office I spoke to said they have filled out the paperwork and asked Molina to take them off their system, but they still get calls daily from frustrated people like me that are desperately searching for a doctor.

FEHUNT

Chose a PCP on the list on their website in January. Tried to make an appt in April to get established - this provider is not a contracted provider - Molina "let them go". On the phone back and forth with provider and Molina - finally doc himself called me to say he called the number he has through his dealings with Molina -- and he is NOT a provider. Started calling in order of distance - severall others were also "fired" or let go - or they chose not to do business with Molina - or they were urgent care providers, surgeons, pediatricians, etc. I finally found a PCP provider on PAGE 22!!!!! (10 per page!!!!) who is a contracted provider in network that I can make an appt with. But when you change your primary you have to wait till the 1st of the following month (or 2 months if it you change PCP after the 25th) to be able to see that provider even though the one I chose according to their website and verbal "yes he is a provider" from the 800 number was not true and I would have had to pay out of pocket - HORRIBLE, AWFUL INSURANCE COMPANY - the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with. I am a 60-year-old and have dealt with many insurance companies over the years. CHOOSE SOMEONE ELSE - STAY AWAY

Marge Seattle, WA

I hate this company. Everything they do is designed to make sure that they pay for nothing. I had a doctor covered by Molina so I had to sign up for it. It's expensive. They cover nothing--they denied extended PT, in spite of documented medical need. They denied a CT scan recommended by my doctor. Really, if I get run over by a truck, they might cover a little bit, but probably only a little. Walgreens won't fill prescriptions by Molina. My doctor's mammograms aren't covered--have to go many miles away for one Molina has bargained with down to the bare bones. Hate, hate, hate and despise. It's not like I'm not paying a ton for the privilege of maybe being covered when the truck hits me. I'm paying almost $900 a month for crap coverage. I can't wait for the year to end to get another company.

Dee Houston, TX

If I could give them a -10,000,000,000,000 for their rating I would. I pay all this money each month through marketplace insurance only to spend hours, days and weeks that have gone by and I still can't find a doctor who accepts it. Customer service is rude, unprofessional, and insensitive and does not care. Their provider list is a joke and extremely outdated. I'm am almost in tears. I have had this insurance for 3 months and still cannot find a doctor. The doctor assigned to me by default was arrested in December 2018. This is the most horrible insurance company I've ever had. All I feel like I can do is just try to pray for good health and that nothing happens. I cannot believe that this is a company! Literally every doctor I have called on their PROVIDER list says that they do not accept Molina Marketplace. HORRIBLE-DO NOT GET THIS INSURANCE, you're better off applying for SNAP benefits and getting Medicaid!

Cheryl Cohran

My Mom was there for a couple of months. She was also covered by hospice during her stay. Not much interaction with Molina nurses and CNAs. Hospice took care of her. Having to deal with office personnel was our biggest obstacle and still is! Molina never applied for Medicaid but said theywere in the process. Then we mentioned transferring her to another facility closer to our family and they said THAT facility would have to apply for Medicaid. In the end, I had to apply with a form Molina gave me, hand delivered it to DEFACS in Thomaston and Molina gave me the wrong forms to fill out! I had to sit in DEFACS office and fill out the correct form and the personnel at DEFACS are asking me why am I filling out the forms. Molina should have already done that! Got Medicaid going and my Mom was approved instantly! I had to private pay each month until Medicaid was approved and that was a chunk. Do you think I have been reimbursed yet? I have been given the biggest runaround! Very unprofessional people employed there. One excuse after another. Finally turned it over to an attorney yesterday. The hospice was Sacred Journey, spoke with them today and the woman was laughing in my face! "We don't want you wasting your money on an attorney this is our process". So, so, so many processes. The woman at Sacred Journey wouldn't even let me talk. I finally had to ask her to be quiet so I could talk. Molina and Sacred Journey are a joke as far as their business offices are concerned!!

S. R. Katy, TX

I had Molina health care in 2018, through the Obamacare market place. I would have to say this is the worst insurance company I have ever had in terms of coverages and available doctors in their network. It's clear there is a limited amount of providers to see because 90% of them refuse to deal with Molina healthcare. Doctors tell me it is so hard to get their money for the services they provide that they would rather not deal with them. Also, they want to tell the provider what treatment you should have instead of letting your doctor prescribe your treatment. I have Ulcerative colitis and in 2018 I had a major flare up and nearly had to be hospitalized. Molina put up such a fight over my healthcare costs, I became so stressed out therefore, exacerbating my condition. This year 2019, I opted to go for a higher cost premium insurance company rather than go through that mess ever again.

Maricela Leiker Victorville, CA

Worst insurance I’ve ever had. Please don’t get this insurance, but If you like not being covered anywhere, and being stuck with the bill through the balance billing loophole, this is the insurance for you!

Micaela Castanon Olympia, WA

Forget about Molina's promise to give you to cover prenatal care, they won't even cover an ultrasound and will go on to label it a radiology service! Also they won't cover immunizations without a doctors note... who does that for something everyone needs? AND they make you wait a month before letting you change doctors, even if you call and find out your current doctor was mislabeled by them, and isn't seeing any new adult patients. ugggg.

Toby Dattoma Seattle, WA

My experienceMolina Insurance has been a total disaster. First, the staff there can't answer simple questions, and are also very dishonest. Molina failed me on getting enrolled, overbilled me, and lied to me over and over again. It takes at least 30 mins on hold to speak to someone, and once they're on the phone, they just tell a bunch of lies. Molina does not deserve even one star.