Cigna Logo

Cigna

7.7

Dee Farquharson Washington, DC

I have only used the Amwell feature. I was sick and couldnt drive to a doctor. The remote appointment was awesome. I could describe my symptoms, talk to a real doctor via video chat and get a prescription. it wasn't cheap, but was WELL worth it. I will definitely use it again ( hopefully, I won't have to anytime soon)

Kaitlyn G. Vienna, VA

Their website is easy and intuitive to find the information you're looking for. EOBs are generated and available within a few days of your visit and notified electronically versus receiving in the mail.

Katie Howard Pleasant Grove, UT

We used Cigna for a while and liked it quite well. It wasn't our choice, but rather what our employer offered, but we felt like it offered good coverage for a reasonable premium. It only worked with a certain hospital network, though, which meant we couldn't go to the hospital nearest us for urgent care. Most local doctors accepted it.

Melanie Curtis Pleasant Grove, UT

First time having them as our insurance. So far they have been easy to work with. I was happy to see my doctors in the network and I have only had to my co-payment for my visits. I did have to pay some for labs but it was a small amount for which I was grateful!

Irene Anders Folsom, CA

I love Cigna. They are very responsive and communicative, both online, prescriptions, and through phone calls from us to them. They have lots of choices of doctors in network wherever we have lived.

Marci Schramm Salem, UT

We have Cigna insurance through Mountain View hospital in Payson. It is very good. All caregivers I have wanted to go to accept Cigna. It is a very good and dependable insurance.

Spencer Schuenman Pleasant Grove, UT

We recently got Cigna and switched from another carrier and they have been great. I have spoken with them multiple times and they have been very helpful in sorting out networks and services.

L Gilbert, AZ

I have had mostly Cigna insurance for 20+ years. It isn’t the most organized company, but for the money compared to other healthcare, it’s been a good value. They just are very disorganized and it’s hard to get a consistent answer when we have a question.

Andrea Smith Idaho Falls, ID

We have had Cigna health insurance on three occasions and it has been very difficult every time. Their customer service is terrible and getting an answer to a question requires a million phone calls over several days. Their coverage is not as high as many other providers and many of our coworkers have complained about not being able to reach anyone to get procedures preauthorized. We have had several instances where things were billed incorrectly and each time we spoke to someone who told us it was taken care of, it wasn't and continued to be wrong. The doctors and hospitals have also told us they hate working with Cigna. We always try to avoid having Cigna insurance through our employer.

Kassidy Roberts CA

Cigna is great, but I know a lot of places don’t actually accept it

northender Newark, NJ

Worst coverage I've ever had. They cannot provide details of costs ahead of time and NONE of my three doctor networks are in-network this year, resulting with 100% out of pocket costs, including well visits. Abhorrent.

Kim Peter Houston, TX

CIGNA Medicare Advantage plan is the worst experience. Too many promises but not a lot of coverage. Worst dental plan through Denta Quest, can not find a dentist in their network and Cigna did not help either. DON'T SIGN UP FOR IT

Steven Klaproth Phoenix, AZ

Great service and products and coverage. Love their products at a fair price with great customer service.

James Knight Richmond, VA

Terrible business practices! My daughter has been sick for a year and they have denied her treatment over and over again. She has seen numerous specialist who all agree on her treatment path which would cure her. Instead the insurance company denies every claim while my daughter lives in misery everyday of her life. A quick google search will show that Cigna revenue for 2019 was $153.6 billion! How are they making so much money you may wonder. Well I can tell you they are getting rich off of the pain and suffering of others. I hope karma catches up with them in my lifetime.

John Delmar, NY

Switch over to their COBRA coverage administered via Bswift....horrible! Phone systems with 50 minute holds routine, call backs that never come. Email systems that are send you confirmation system that go to other companies NOT there own. Then policy changes never occur. 60 days and no changes 8 phone call, 2 communications in person, no direct call back. ALL WITH THE THREAT OF COVERAGE CANCELLATION LOOMING WHILE THEY ARE NOT EFFECTIVE. NEVER EVER EVER RECOMMENDING AND ALWAYS WILL SHARE THIS OPINION.

Timothy Ball Aiken, SC

Cigna is a predatory company. Some of their provider networks are so narrow they should be illegal. For example, there is a hospital 10 minutes from my house, but it is not in-network so now I have a $1,200 out-of-network bill because my infant child was choking. The closest in-network hospital is 30 minutes further. Also, their customer service representatives are not well trained and - either purposefully or inadvertently - communicate false information. This has led to avoidable out-of-network costs.

D Churchill Dunedin, FL

Had some success with CIgna over the last several years. This year they 'quoted' me $675 during the open enrollment then the 'bill' shows up for Jan 1st at $849!! Thier respsones, "sorry" - now I am stuck becasue open enrollment is closed. The biggest pev is the promise that a manager would call me within 48 hours for dicuss this a call was never made!!

Jacob Wiggins Phoenix, AZ

Was badly injured, visited a doctor who said I needed an MRI and Cigna refused to cover my MRI. Although it was a referral from an in network doctor who urged me to get a MRI, Cigna said that I couldn't prove that I was injured and that getting a note in writing from the doctor was insufficient. I find it disgusting that the CEO can make an income of nearly 50 million annually while paying customers get mistreated. Do not support Cigna and let the free market demand better service.

Larry kaplan New York, NY

We switched from United Health care to Cigna this year. It was a big mistake from cigna medical to cigna dental the customer service is the worst in the industry and we found it out the hard way. It's unbelievable how we've gotten so many employee complaints about Cigna customer service. We're actually going to have to switch back to United healthcare which is going to cost our company more but have to deal with less irate emoyees. Companies and customers beware Cigna dental or health is a big mistake.

Joan Hast

I had a hip replacement recently and used your insurance with my Medicare. So far I have not received a bill and have been pleased so far.

Christy Wren Greenfield, TN

The associates at Cigna are polite and helpfu, but the insurance denied several of my claims during a hip replacement. One denial was an ice machine. Cigna would not pay because it is deemed experimental or not a proven treatment. Many other insurances paid for this item because they recognize that ice is an effective treatment for swelling. You may want to read other reviews if you have options in choosing your healthcare.

Em Brunswick, OH

Cigna discontinued a medication that I have been taking for 2 years because they have eliminated coverage for this class of medication. I'm a moderately healthy person who goes to the doctor once a year for my annual check up, and I take two medications daily - one of which they just eliminated. I hope they are ashamed that they are playing roulette with people's health. I would sooner cancel this racket you claim to be insurance and pay out of my own pocket rather (and any penalties for doing so) than give you crooks one cent. What gives them the right to trump my doctor? Disgusting.

Alicia Orlando, FL

horrible. I used to be a Cigna member through the company I was with and had no problems. I tried to help my S/O join as well. We had to fill out the information for them to call to give us a rate. So they call and tell us it’s 200 a month. Me and my s/o wanted to talk about it first and the guy on the other line was saying how we wasted his time and not to fill out forms if we are not looking to apply and was completely rude. Very unprofessional

Jenny A. Tibbetts Tooele, UT

Cigna just denied me to have a lifesaving medical procedure that helped my cousin (who has the same GI genetic condition that I have). I'm getting sicker every day, what a nightmare! Through it all I've managed to graduate from college (this month) but will not be able to even hold down a job now because this procedure was denied. I'm hiring a lawyer and looking into all legal option!

Susan Montross, VA

We have had Cigna for a decade. Out of pocket has doubled and the process to get out of network provider costs covered has become cumbersome. They have outsourced customer service for some customers. This was particularly evident when my husband's company dropped Cigna due to a rate hike and our account was handled very poorly in the last 30 days of our coverage. The pharmacy even sent out an expensive prescription and charged my credit card after we were no longer customers were no longer customers.

Jimmy Picha Houston, TX

This is the worst insurance there is my plan covered annual physical at 100% but of course Cigna didn't pay I did call them and they made the appointment and said it would be paid at 100% I told the Doctor all I wanted was annual physical nothing else Cigna sends a bill they will not pay they are not in network. Every time I use them they have a excuse not to pay this is crap insurance please save your money get another Insurance Company.

Drew Rainbow, TX

I wish there was a zero star rating. WORST possible insurance available. Negligent, malicious, heartless, worthless. They should be investigated and audited by each State and Federal government for predatory practices and their proven deny / delay tactics. Have had excellent experience with Aetna, State Farm, CHUBB, Minnesota Life, and CUNA. Cigna is a disaster and hides behind ERISA protection that was supposed to protect consumers. Instead Cigna gets to act as judge, jury, and executioner.

Shirley Carolan Kirkland, WA

DIRE! They would not even pay for preventative. Their excuse was, because a polyp was found in 2012 (benign so it was nothing more that a spot) then I can never have a preventative colonoscopy again. I was left with a large bill. Yes I Appealed because the surgeon insisted it was preventative, they denied the Appeal. I will never use them again. I'm done!

John Price

I would rather deal with the cable company. Cigna has consistently denied and/or denied valid claims for healthcare strongly recommended by multiple healthcare professionals. We have waited months for claims to be processed and are never given clear guidance why some claims are paid and others denied. I have never dealt with a worse "service provider", particularly one that had literally life and death power over the lives of others.

Param Smyrna, GA

It's been more than 4 weeks since i submitted the claim, and whenever i contact customer care team, I was advised to wait for 10 business days. Also they rejected the first claim even though it was within the policy date, after talking to a customer care agent they accepted that its their fault and now re-processing that claim. Worst health insurance company

Michelle Williams Social Circle, GA

Cigna's Health Information Line where you speak with a nurse about a health issue is a waste of time. The "nurse" read through a list of questions (repeating some 2 or 3 times) and then said we needed evaluation by a pediatrician. She was clearly reading from a prompt the entire time. I have Google for that. I give it a 1 because she was polite. Just not helpful or knowledgeable.

James Knight Tremonton, UT

We were with Cigna for a couple years and they did a good job of helping us manage our health care and benefit management. Customer service was always reachable and friendly.

Victor Kyler New Castle, DE

My company has been using Cigna for health insurance for about 4 years now. They have been sufficient but there are many procedures they don't cover at all like hearing care. Make sure you know what's covered before you buy a policy.

Matthew J Collin Stephenville, TX

I love everything about this company they have made dealing with medical so easy. There has not been a single time I have had a bad time dealing with them.

Brenda Mertes Houston, TX

Cigna charges way too much and ultimately my family has ended up paying for a majority of the tests and procedures that my son has needed. I guess they figure we love paying half a thousand dollars a month for absolutely nothing. I would love to see this company disappear completely. It's as if they figure we just loved taking diagnostic tests and we didn't need the actual help of the insurance company covering it.

C B Hyrum, UT

I used Cigna for my health insurance for several years. I found their customer service to be one of the better ones in the insurance industry as I have had tried several over the years.

Christina Kaysville, UT

Seems to be plenty of in network doctors to choose from and we have not had problems with finding doctors, but as with all insurances, the cost is absolutely ridiculous and unaffordable for most families. Customer service has always been very helpful

Tamra Orem, UT

I have had quite a few different insurances over the last 10 years and Cigna has by far been my favorite. I feel like their coverage has been much better.

Amanda Olsen Eagle Mountain, UT

Cigna is Awesome! Love the easy to website that directs you to providers in your area. Prompt and informative EOB's and helpful billing representatives that are patient and courteous.

janalee sanders Valley Center, CA

we have had Cigna Health insurance for a couple years now. I was worried about switching providers but we haven't had one issue so far with Cigna. Any claims we have had have been paid in a timely manner and without problem.

Shayla Hankins Lehi, UT

Cigna is an amazing insurance, they covered me for MRIs and xrays. I have not had any surgeries so I cannot speak for their coverage on them but on all small things they come through. My family trusts them and so do I.

Rischelle Mikkelson American Fork, UT

I really like Cigna. Their customer service reps are easy to work with on claims, and have a low denial rate. I like that all the doctors me and my family see are part of their network.

Lindsay Fritts San Diego, CA

I had cigna growing up and loved them. Was able to go to specialty doctors that I chose and loved. Had a low copay, if any, at most places. Didn't have to get referrals.

Dylan Curtis Pleasant Grove, UT

We have this health insurance through my current employer. So far it's been pretty good. We've only had to use it for going in for annual women's exams and labs, but it's been good.

Jwat1213 New Market, MD

We used to have them for health insurance. No complaints great coverage.

Cassidy Lucas Olney, MD

Overall they have never failed me but they can be really hard to get in touch with. I have definitely seen better service.

bruce walter ,

High premiums, high deductibles, low care and service. Plain and simple, they just want your money and have implemented ways to NOT give you coverage. Another big company that doesn't care for its members.

T Taylor Denton, TX

Absolutely horrible. While going through Stage 4 bone cancer and in need of a CT Scan Cigna denied approval. We're talking about someone's life. My goal now is to make sure I get the word out to all the employees at the company I retired from so that they will know first hand the kind of company Cigna is.

Ryan Matheson Garden City, ID

Great company and great insurance! I love their customer service department. Very helpful!

Linde DeFrancesco Lancaster, PA

Very pleased with their services. They keep my medical info up to date which gives me peace of mind.