Ambetter Logo

Ambetter

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

5.5

KAREN M HARRIS Kansas City, MO

I lost my insurance 3 years ago. Never been without insurance. Bad luck happened to me and I had to have eye surgery. The only good thing that came out of that bad situation is a girl told me to call ambetter I did and I am very thankful. They have been wonderful. Had 2 more eye surgeries that same year that they paid really good. I'm low income so I qualify for a subsidy. I just can't say enough good things about ambetter.

Mata Marietta, GA

Ambetter has been a hassle free insurance company that was the most affordable out of all of them. I have never had issues with doctor visits, ED visits, or prescription drugs. They are always very pleasant customer service wise and I actually think the website is getting better. My only complaint is finding a provider is a bit difficult and obviously you are very limited on who you can see, but the cost of the insurance is so low that I am okay with that.

Gail H Cincinnati, OH

I have had a very positive experience with the ambetter insurance. I have been with many insurance companies in the past and they all come with some very bad problems due to people not want to do their jobs first of all. From what I see the company is trying to improve issues and I'm hoping that more people who are not having problems will post reviews because I feel that this insurance has been better than when I had United Healthcare , Humana , Blue Cross Blue Shield. All of these companies have their issues. Sometimes you just have to call back and talk to someone else because two different people would definitely give you two different outcomes.

Jonathan Manchester, NH

I've had Ambetter insurance for 2 years and my only complaint is how frequently they call me to make sure I take advantage of all their wellness benefits. I've read the numerous negative reviews and experienced None of what others claim. I have a pricy RX and they cover all but $30/mo. That prescription alone is double my monthly premium so how could I complain? All preventive care is covered including all tests, many in the thousands. I haven't had any 'event' requiring non-routine care so I cannot comment there. I live in NH and I cannot find a Dr or practice/facility/hospital that ISN'T in their network. Overall very satisfied.

Brenda T. Byron, GA

After much worrying and warnings from others, I chose Ambetter off the marketplace. As newly self-employed I did not have much of a choice. To my surprise, most of my doctors, except for my primary care of well over a decade, are on the plan, and the plan has been wonderful. I have even had two of my doctor's offices express that they were well pleased. They company pays promptly and at reasonable levels. Whatever Ambetter Peach Plan is doing, please keep doing it. Now, if only my beloved primary care doc would join in...

CDan Miami, FL

I absolutely love this insurance. In Miami they cover a whole lot of top doctors, you could even go to the UM hospital and most of the doctors accept AmBetter. Been saving $250 every month, since it covers for my birth control. Even the pharmacist was surprised when it showed him that I didn’t even have to pay a copay, that usually no company ever covers my specific birth control.

lynn Springfield, MO

i live in missouri and have had ambetter from home for 2018. they cover both major area hospitals and doctors that are affiliated. they have paid all the claims quickly. the only refusal was when a doctor accidentally billed them twice. the plan is changing for next year but i hope it stays similar to what i have now because this has been the best insurance i have ever had. i have had to message them a few times and the always replied pretty quickly. they do not email directly so you have to check the patient portal for replies.

PATSY LEIST Bolton, MS

I have only good things to say about Ambetter. I am in Mississippi, one of the states Ambetter covers. My coverage is excellent. My doctors are please to provide it. I have had a minor surgery, my yearly PAP, Mammogram, pain management, etc. and the coverage provided, payment provided have been excellent. I am extremely happy I chose Ambetter insurance. I have recommended it to many of my friends.

VILMA MONTALVAN Miami, FL

From Miami FL Dade County I have never had a problem. When I call customer service they are always willing to help me in anyway. All my claims are paid. We have plenty of Dr’s and specialist to go to. My primary Dr is a private office not a clinic. I could also go to University of Miami which they have great doctors. I recommend my Ins with no problem in anyway.

Bronya Duhanova Tampa, FL

This is my second year with Ambetter from Sunshine health in Florida. In our state this is in my opinion the best option on the federal market place. I have Ambetter Balanced care 1 and I pay 40$ a month for me and my son, it is 0 deductible policy (after the tax credit). Copeay for PCP visit is 1$, for specialist 10$. The choice of doctors isn't the best, but if you are a reasonably healthy person, this is sufficient policy. I was able to find a multi practice primary care provider near my home, meaning I have my PCP, OBG, bloodwork and allergologist in one building. I'm also happy with my son's pediatrician. All of the hospitals in Tampa bay area, where we live, take this insurance. Added bonus is "My health pays" account, we get 50$ for each annual preventive visits, gym membership and other services, like HPV virus immunisation for my son. This are deposited to a credit card, what I can use for coinsurance and other health care expenses... Customer service is always pleasant and helpful. My life got significantly easier and less stressful thanks to Ambetter. I highly recommend this insurance plan for your basic health care needs.

kay molina Miami, FL

I've been with Ambetter roughly 2 or 3 years, the only complaint i have is sometimes they dont cover my medications, but normally is when itsbtier 2+ medications, as i have only tier 1 coverage and i believe they have 4 tiers. They do have prior authorizations doctor's can send in, to see if approved. But I've had very little problems with this insurance company. Im overall very happy, they have excellent coverage fpr vision and good doctors in network. The many times ive called concerning some questiond and occasional problem, they provide good service. The reps I've talked to have done all they can to help me sprt out what i need. I live in Florida and here its Ambetter with Sunshine Health.... Maybe its only decent In Florida, because these reviews are terrible and I've had little problems with them.

AM

My previous insurance premiums were set to increase 40% in 2017, so I took a chance by changing my health insurance company to Ambetter. So far, I have been very happy. Yes, it was a bit of a hassle to find a PCP in the beginning. Some doctors who were listed turned out not to be PCPs at all. Before choosing Ambetter, I made a list of doctors in network near me, called to confirm that they were accepting new patients (some weren't) and visited several offices on my short list before choosing the doctor I like the best. Other than the first hiccups with choosing a doctor, we are very pleased. We have already completed our annual check ups and tests, had need to visit the doctor and got an appointment for 1 hour after calling, and have had prescriptions filled. This is a good option if, like us, you are relatively healthy and use health care mainly for check ups and routine screenings and prescriptions. I also like that they offer a program to incentivize you to eat healthy and take care of your health. You can earn $ to put toward premiums, co-pays and deductibles. Keeping my fingers crossed that things continue to go smoothly.

Jon Warneke

Arkansas Company do believe. Trying to edge into possible Government Health Marketplace with several reasonable deductible health plans. Effort in customer service response seems fine. Have fought very hard to stay out of hospital and E.R. so have not had any medical claims review. They were responsive with requested info I requested and their benefits info & summary of benefits were as good as or better than others. The Gov't Marketplace ecchange is a viable choice for many uninsured and underinsured families and those facing uninsurable criteria for the normal Health Insurance underwriting.

Mark Anthony Miami, FL

It took ,me a few months to get used to how this insurer works. I and my wife have a silver plan and we use the benefits routinely such as chiro and physical therapy, dental exam etc. Our doctors have said our plan gives us more visits per year than other patients plans. We have to spend a lot of time to find the health practitioners that we like but once we do, its great! The ones who are bad we call Ambetter and report the concern and or file a complaint(and believe me there are plenty of bad actors with licenses to practice medicine.) Usually they tell you that such and such a test or treatment that I need is not covered and charge me above the copay and when the visit is done I wonder was what they did anything beyond what is routine? That's when you need to call Ambetter to discuss what took place because there is plenty of fraud perpetrated on the ignorant consumer.

Sarah Savannah, GA

Ambetter is the worst insurance on the market . I pay $200 a month and get nothing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING COVERED . They are so uninformed one representative tells you one thing and the other the opposite omg Run

Bill O

Site doesn't work ("Try again later") so you have to deal with calling for information. You have to go through layers and layers of info just to find out if a pharmacy is covered. Idiots.

Stephen Eldred Portsmouth, NH

Absolutely useless service. Fully paid my premiums but they block collection of meds at the pharmacy because "the computer has a glitch". Spent 4 1/2 hours over 2 days on hold. No resolution. Total crooks.

Dave Fant Ozark, AR

Having had Ambetter previously myself and my wife has it. We both have found Ambetter will deny coverage for clearly medically required surgeries. Avoid this company if you can. If you don’t die from old age being on hold and then getting wrong answers and no results you will suffer from denied medical needs!

Shelley Steed Knoxville, TN

The app is useless unless you are looking for their "perks & rewards". I don't need a discount on my phone bill (because it's not better than my regular rate); I just need to be able to access (at a minimum) my bill to confirm due date!! I'm very suspect of a line of credit they are offering. $750 line of credit to be used almost anywhere. Terms are "pay back later" and "never a finance charge". Yeah, rite. I hope the marketplace, (healthcare. gov), gives this company the boot at the end of the year.

Evil Jared Philadelphia, PA

Unfortunately, there’s no way to give this piece of crap company a review with negative stars. After assuring me four months ago that my upcoming surgery would be covered, they send me a letter 72 hours before the procedure telling me it isn’t approved. 12 months unabld to walk properly and they deny me 3 days before the surgery is scheduled!!! Absolutely despicable crimnal bastards. F this company! Not worth one cent, let alone the $900/month premium.

Holly Conyers, GA

If I could give 0 stars I would. Ambetter gave me an insurance quote of $46.44 a month. I was laid off from my job which made me ineligible for the tax break. Instead of informing me my insurance went up they just took $627.44 out of my account. This is theft. I agreed to pay $46.44 a month. Not $627.44. So far they haven’t refunded any of my money. If you have this insurance set up on auto pay I suggest you cancel it fast!!

Zachary VanTilborg Las Vegas, NV

NEVER USE AMBETTER. Their customer service is non existent. I tried to get a PCP through them and every single doctor that pops up on their list says I need a referral from Ambetter just for a primary care. So I call Ambetter and after getting hung up on several times and repeating my information over and over the representative told me that wasn't the case and then began just reading off the FAQ page of their website. So I cant even see a PCP. Theres a 1000 links to pay them but you cant actually use their trash insurance.

Robnole Canton, GA

Ambetter is the worse health insurance company I have ever used. They reject 85% of prescriptions that our Ambetter approved doctors prescribe. These are things like a decongestant when a sinus infection is diagnosed. They also approved a colonoscopy but rejected the solution you are required to drink before the procedure. I would strongly advise avoiding Ambetter.

Robert Reese Indianapolis, IN

Horrible. They claim to cover Farxiga yet denied coverage after having taken medication for 3 months under a Cobra plan that has expired and they will not accept responsibility to cover use as they say it is not medical necessary though Farxiga is the only medication so far to reduce my A1C. They should be ashamed to reel people in with false claims of coverage. What will they deny next?

D. Jones Arlington, TX

BUYER BEWARE!!! I spent hours filling out their member rewards program. After a few months I finally received my debit cards, and they cancelled them before I was able to use them. Tried to call their customer service about it and they basically told me I was screwed. Why bother sending the cards? Dishonest company. Thank God I never needed to make an actual claim with them. I can't imaging what would have happened. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Ashley Smith Kansas City, KS

This company is awful. I have been painfully waiting for a hip replacement. They said they wouldn't pay because I smoked, so I quit. A month later they said I had to wait 2 more weeks. Today they said they can't file the same claim again until it's been 180 days longer! Worthless, greedy p.o.s. I've got an appointment to talk to my lawyer soon. There's been many previous lawsuits against them. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from these heartless a$$holes.

medrevur Elmhurst, IL

For Ambetter / Buckeye Health in Ohio My opinion.. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS. Literally the worst health insurance company I have ever dealt with (worst company of any type in fact)... some of the people are nice to deal with but they can't save you. The moment a dispute of a claim is sent to the back office to review, it goes into a black hole with no hope of resolution. They deny appeals through their process, appeals that have been well documented by their own reps (with their own reps saying this absolutely should be paid), and the denial reason is a couple words that make no sense whatsoever. They run out their own self-defined clock on the appeal process by taking months between responses and then refuse to examine the issue further. This company has cost me thousands of dollars I absolutely should not have owed. Why stay? I was over a barrel, this was the only company in healthcare. gov that covered the doctors I had found for some serious health concerns and did not want to use other doctors. The stress this company added to my life through their horrendous billing is criminal. Even today, as writing this, I am getting a bill from a procedure 11 months ago that for a preventative procedure that is 100% covered under my policy EOB, which they paid and THEN pulled the payment back from the provider with no explanation. I thought I'd gotten away from these monsters and they still creep in a year later. Criminal.

Kimberly L. Houston, TX

Their customer service is absolutely horrible to deal with. Not only are they extremely rude but I've been flat out hung up on and/or disconnected on purpose by them numerous times. Their customer service reps continuously give you false information and the runaround. I've contacted them about a simple issue multiple times and every single person I spoke to gave me completely different information. I've caught some of them in complete lies. They seem like none of them know how to do their jobs. They could stand to get some customer service training and skills. And maybe learn about their company instead of constantly giving customers wrong advice and information. I dread every time I have to call these people, because I know how difficult it's going to be, no matter what the issue is. The worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

Irritated Counselor Olathe, KS

I am a mental health counselor GETTING OFF AMBETTER AS A PROVIDER! After I see a client a few times, they begin to harass me for records. Currently, I just found out that they have been faxing me for records of a client UNDER ANOTHER COUNSELORS NAME and on. RANOM PUBLIC FAX. Not even my fax number, somehow, the owner of the fax machine was able to trace the faxes to me. Total HIPPA violation. No idea how they found this random fax number that is not my fax number. Totally irritating to deal with them! Goodbye AMBETTER! Have fun finding new mental health providers that love to work for free.

DJ Bruffett Wichita, KS

I would give no stars if that was an option for Ambetter. I think I ambetter off without this insurance! I had to get marketplace insurance, so I poured through all available options. This one seemed ok at the time. My last insurance was less money on premiums and they covered much better. I have to pay for preventative check ups out of pocket with Ambetter. They get 619.84 per month for my individual plan and do not cover squat!!! So I pay 619.84 plus my check up visit of 200.00. I am a healthy person and dont require much medically other than 2 prescriptions for hormone replacement, and daily vitamin, which is pretty common these days. I am so disappointed with the corruptness that comes with price gouging people. It has become the norm and acceptable practice that we are just suppose to sit back and allow.

Tyler McCoy Owasso, OK

Tulsa Metro. Ambetter is beyond abysmal. They took 2 months for me to receive my insurance after paying early enough it Jan. 1 When I requested a psychiatrist in my area they sent me a number for a place 90 minutes away. I reluctantly called them....... It was a phone number for an Elementary School. The Elementary school was familiar with this problem and knew which office to transfer me to. Neither DR at the office was even a Psychiatrist. Same names as I was told, just completely different specialization. Finally I payed out of pocket for my psychiatrist, got a medication prescribed, got hit with a prior authorization, got declined, the DR office and I were given 2 different reasons from the insurance company for why it was declined. The incompetence is so strong with Ambetter, I honestly wonder if it's intentional malice. I cannot wait for open enrollment so I can get a real insurance company.

Golf Forlife San Antonio, TX

Garbage insurance. Deceptive practices in terms of listing providers on their website they say are within an exact plan, but then do not honor claims. THAT IS CALLED FRAUDULENT PRACTICES, AND BAIT AND SWITCH to give the consumer the impression they have more doctors in-network than they actually have to get them to sign up. Once you sign on, you're locked in for a year and unable to see the doctor you thought was in their Network. I will file a complaint with the Texas Insurance Department, as well as the State's Attorney General's office to force them to clean up their act. I will also try to have them removed from the Marketplace because they're bilking the government for payouts while lying about the doctors they have in-network to patients, and refusing to pay. Ambetter is acting like an unscrupulous insurance company as long as they falsely give the impression they have more doctors in-network than they actually do to get consumers to sign up.

Angela Bell La Marque, TX

OMG! Wish I could have rated them a -0- star rating, and certainly wish I’d seen this prior to purchasing their policy. BUYER’S BEWARE! Horrible service; they basically deny every physician requested procedure, then request peer to peer conferences for basic, necessary medical interventions. This is a horrid company, that lacks compassion for people in need of medical attention. They must be operating on a reward for denial system. Talked to a disgusting customer service representative who was offensive, insensitive and down-right malicious. I’m so through with this agency; I’ll pay a penalty to drop this monstrosity. I get free enterprise; but these people should be shut down permanently.

Ryknow777 Wichita, KS

This insurance is an absolute scheme and extremely deceptive. My wife and I signed up for one of their private health insurance plans and found out that barely any providers are willing to take this trash insurance. Customer service agents are hilariously incompetent and without resources to answer the simplest questions. They cover basically nothing. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS INSURANCE. Trust me, the stress that follows is not worth anything. My wife and I can no longer afford our meds and NOTHING goes toward our deductible. We had to change several medications because they don't want to cover anything but the very few medications on their formulary, which are all the cheapest meds on the market. We can't wait to finally be released from this hell when next open enrollment comes around. Do yourself and your family a favor and avoid this insurance at all costs. Despite all the lawsuits brought against them, they've changed nothing and they do not deserve your business.

ENERGY HEALTH KC Lee's Summit, MO

It looks good on paper but, in reality, it's a mess. I signed up for auto pay....numerous times. But for some reason they aren't taking my payments out and then I get overdue bills. They can't tell me WHY this keeps happening. I live in a state that makes the federal gov't pay back for overcharging for insurance. One year I got over $3,000 back. The next year (when they stopped taking my payments again and I had to call) I was told they could take out my measly $35 payment out of my refund for the remaining few months of the year. This time I only got $182 back. And my payments went up to $94/ They took the first payment out in December (for January) and then no more after that. My last phone call to them lasted an hour...most of it on hold waiting to talk to someone without an accent who could get to the root of their billing problem..... and then the phone just disconnected. I called back and went through the same BS with another Phillipino. Got no answers just a "thanks for your payment...our autopay has been having some problems". This has been going on for over a year now. Heaven forbid I should need it in an emergency only to find out my account has been suspended due to "non-payment". Who has this kind of time to go through this rigmarole every other month?!!!!

Cassidy Robinson

My new job requires me to get insurance off marketplace. The 1st time I opted for very high end Alliant plan. I rarely use my insurance. So this year went minimal with AmBetter Peach Care. I have a psychiatrist and have meds I fill. Otherwise healthy. I checked my Dr. before- i spoke to a representative- my doctor is in network. 1st claim denied. Ambetter said verif that dr takes Ambetter- they do. Dr office said they have had multi issues with Ambetter denying claims in the past. Today I can not fill the RX i had fill last month. It is Wellbutrin- I have been on the phone 2 hours- they gave me 3 NDC#'s and I called the pharmacy with them. NON OF THEM WORK. I had to go to Walgreens because they are not accepted at CVS. Wellbutrin is covered but they make the customer try to troubleshoot all the problems with the coding. I have never had to call and do the work like i have with AmBetter. This insurance is on the same cost as my monthly mortgage. WTAF!!! Worse! I work in healthcare- and I have crap insurance- it seems to get worse every year. AmBetter is the worst coverage I have ever had, What am I [paying for?!! AGREE- they ask for your # incase call is dropped- LEAVE YOU ON HOLD FOR 30 minutes- DROP the call--- AND NEVER CALL YOU BACK!! What kind of BS scam is this company?! Why ask for our # if you have no intention of calling customers when calls are dropped?!! I have called them 20 times since jan 5th. Today is March 11th. 5-6 calls required until I AM NOT HUNG UP ON and actually speak to a representative who can and does try to help. THESE POOR representatives! Im sorry your company is so horrid cause' the phone reps get all the frustrations. I HOPE at the very LEAST AmBetter offers their employees ANY INSURANCE that is NOT Am Better!!

Regina Euless, TX

I've had Ambetter Superior (TX-DFW Area) since 2018. I chose them reluctantly (I researched and saw the bad reviews), but they were the most affordable of the very dismal options. The first year was not as bad as expected, but not great either. It was hard finding a doctor that accepted them, the doctor list on the website was grossly inaccurate and customer service was not helpful. By 2019 more doctors were available in the plan and my husband and I miraculously found doctors that we liked so we stuck with Ambetter for the next few years. Earlier reviews are definitely right about them denying claims though, especially for MRI's: I think it is their policy to deny all claims first. In 2021 I met my deductible very early in the year due to a surgery and I didn't have any problem with Ambetter paying for any service after that. However, the premium for that plan for 2022 nearly tripled and we had to downgrade. We chose Ambetter Value plan, after I checked to see if at least one of our doctors were in network. They were...so they said.. so I proceeded to enroll in that plan. Which was the worst mistake I've made so far this year. Our doctors are not in the network and I still have not found a PCP after searching for 3 days. 90% of the doctors on the list were in an Urgent Care facility. I called Ambetter for help, and they read from the same website list...that is, if they didn't hang up or have me on hold for 30 minutes wishing I'd hang up first. Finally spoke to someone today who actually spoke English as a first language and 1 out of the 5 names she gave me actually had a working number, but the earliest appointment was 4 months out. So we have worthless insurance that we cannot change and I, like the guy who reviewed above, will be contacting anybody I can find to complain because this is just not right.

Lashawn Partee Arlington, TX

I have no complaints with them overall they have provided the needed care for My husband and I. Customer service has been good. He even told me that when he needed assistance with finding a specialist that they actually took time with him to call and find a Specialist that could see him. They have also covered all prescriptions. And my monthly premium is very affordable.

Hpalmer Marietta, GA

Maybe it depends on where you live. So far my experience with Ambetter in Georgia has been very good. I can't image how I would have paid for $400 plus a month health insurance right now. Plenty of primary care doctors and specialists here that take it at Wellstar and the quality has ranged from so-so to excellent. (I am in the surrounding suburbs of Atlanta). I haven't needed to get ahold of them for anything yet so I can't rate that accurately.

Sarah Barger Little Rock, AR

I think it must depend on what state you are in. I have Ambetter Arkansas and I love it. I do receive a subsidy so I don't pay a huge premium. I also don't have any major health problems, They are excellent for routine care, chiropractic, mental health etc. I do not have dental. So far they have covered everything without any issue.

Maribel Ruiz

I have good experiences with Ambetter,the only thing is some doctors don't accept their insurance but it's getting better.Sometimes u have to call a few times to receive ur card but a million times better than blue cross and blue shield Anthem,had problems with them since day 1,never used it until it was canceled,they wanted $1,300 a month,ridiculous.

Mary Johnson College Station, TX

I switched to Ambetter after a nightmare experience with Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina and Texas. I've only been using it for a few months, but so far my experience has been excellent. My chosen provider accepts their coverage and I'm proceeding ahead with my scheduled wellness checks.

Yolander C Henderson Merrillville, IN

Ambetter is a good company. They're prices aren't too bad, and they contact you personally to inform you when certain preventive care is needed. The only thing I have a problem is with new medications. I have severe migraines, and finally an injection that reduces migraine days to at least half of the migraines per month has been aporoved by the FDA, but it isnt covered. I can't afford to pay my Ambetter premium every month, plus 575 every month for the shot I need!

Gloria Etta Hamilton Waco, TX

Even though Ambetter did not approve of physician recommended Bariatric Surgery, because I have high blood pressure and in a pre-diabetic condition, I am still grateful to have the insurance. For the most part, it’s a good insurance to have. My copayments are low on prescriptions and office visits. I was badly in need of healthcare and couldn’t afford it before going to Healthcare.gov. I was in so much pain from Osteoarthritis wearing away at my hip joints. I felt like nobody cared even though I have worked hard most of my life. And I still work. Ambetter is all right with me.

Christopher Primosh Little Rock, AR

Benefits are terrific but, the rewards pays card... I had my hip surgery October 2017, I was going to use the card for my electric bill and November, after 8 months I was finally able to activate it. Between October 15th and January 21st I Must Have Spent at least 3 hours on the phone with these people until I finally gave up just this morning I thought hey I'll give it a shot. I finally got my benefits, the people on the phone with ambetter their representatives had no idea how to activate the card put me through multiple people and then finally hang up each and every time although they did ask for a call back number in which they never called back they were very uninformed

KMS Overland Park, KS

I'm the medical proxy for a friend who had a stroke on 1/8/2018 and his Ambetter policy has performed beyond my expectations. I'm not sure why it's totally subsidized but he pays $0 for an exchange bronze plan (HMO) with a $6800 deductible. Any HMO is going to have fewer providers and more restrictions, but the main problem seems to be that it's new in the market and the provider list changes constantly. Having met his deductible on day one of his hospitalization, the plan is paying for home therapy, nurse visits, and has a decent drug plan. I don't have any problems with the website which is every bit as informative as my own BCBS plan. No major complaints from us.

Jack Lewisville, TX

I'm very sorry to hear the negative stories from other members. I have been fairly pleased with Ambetter. True, they are very picky about who you can see and what they'll pay for. Thus, you definitely have to do your homework up front. You can't just go see the doctor you like; verify they're in Ambetter before you go. In mid-2017 I became a cancer patient. This included chemotherapy and surgery in 2017, and we had no significant problems with Ambetter. I say no significant, as there were times that we received bills from someone "out of network"; for example, the hospital is under plan, but perhaps the lab they use isn't. However, that isn't strictly an Ambetter issue, as we've underwent that through the years with both Blue Cross and Humana. Three stars because it could become a bit tricky to find a doc you really feel comfortable with. I like my primary guy, and the oncologists have been great. On the other hand, there isn't a physician out there that my wife is comfortable with. To conclude: Ambetter isn't perfect, but it's not bad. Do your homework before charges, and even be prepared just in case there's an emergency.

Maria Alvarado Harlingen, TX

All the folks that gave a 1 star need to learn to read to take advantage of the benefits. Just follow the rules . I'll bet this year of 2017 they have paid about $200,000 in benefits with a $600.00 deductible!! Just pay attention to your account on line. Learn to use the online resources . They have several very good providers on network!!! I signed up again for 2018!!

Tamara Canton, GA

I will tell you they are great however-- warning-- you must use their in-network dr's. I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer had to get a total thyroidectomy - radiation, etc. They were awesome. I did have to drive about an hour into Atlanta for the right care. They do have some local PCP. If I have an emergency visit to an ER- meaning my local hospital - NO COVERAGE. I have to drive an hour as there are only one or 2 hospitals in the entire area closest to me i troublesome. Just hope no emergencies pop up.

Glad to have insurance Boerne, TX

I have had a good experience with Ambetter, after I digested the fact that the provider directory on the web site is inaccurate & the customer service reps are pretty dumb. I apologized to my GP for being paid poorly and he said Ambetter pays him fairly. They seem slow to approve referrals: my GP had to telephone a few times to get approvals, but the MD staff in referral department was very helpful once my doc talked to them. The plan I have gives $$ incentives for taking their exercise/lifestyle quizzes, for getting a flu shot, having an annual checkup, and the money is transferred to the Ambetter credit card promptly. I am glad to have coverage and I have had no other problems. The monthly bill and the Member Explanation of Benefits is straightforward.