MI Windows and Doors

MI Windows and Doors was founded in 1947, and the first plant opened in Pennsylvania in 1967. The founders of MI Windows and Doors focused on delivering the best product and serving the customers on the level that couldn’t be found anywhere else. Their mission simply states, “getting it right every time.” They strive to make homeowners happy with their choices, and help dealers feel great about products they are selling. Builders and architects take price in their projects.

The Good

• Time in Business
  • Limited Lifetime Warranty
  • Variety of Products

Time in Business

MI Windows and Doors has been in business for over 70 years. Over the years they have grown and expanded to all 50 states in United States of America. Full coverage of all 50 states gives you the ability to find MI Windows and Doors representative or contractor in your area if you need help with fixing any issues you might have with your installation or defective products. They have developed a brand that is trusted and recommended by a lot of their customers and professional builders.

Limited Lifetime Warranty

MI Windows and Doors offers limited lifetime warranty on most of the original purchased products. They will repair or replace any defect in materials or workmanship and will pay the costs of all parts and labor for as long as the purchaser owns his home.

Variety of Products

MI Windows and Doors offers a large variety of product and services to their customers. With multiple options and styles you are guaranteed to find exactly what you are looking for. You can choose your doors based on the following categories:

• Door type
  • Door series
  • Door features
  • Application

Also, you have the option to request consultations and professionals to have you identify what you need in your home and what style will fit your taste the best.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Prices
  • No Visualizer Feature

Undisclosed Prices

Unfortunately, MI Windows and Doors doesn’t disclose prices on their corporate website, making it difficult for potential customers to discern whether or not the company is a good fit for their needs. MI Windows and Doors first takes the time to evaluate your home and specific needs that you might have, and then recommends the payment plan for your project.

No Visualizer Feature

MI Windows and Doors doesn’t provide a visualizer feature like other windows companies do. Visualizer tool helps you to plan and to imagine how the new doors will look on your home.

The Bottom Line

MI Windows and Doors have been serving their customers for over 70 years. They have focused on providing quality products and a level of service that couldn’t be found anywhere else. Over the years they have grown a brand that is trusted by homeowners and professional builders. Currently they cover all 50 states, which allows the customers to find a dealer or consultant in their area. With a large variety of product and limited lifetime warranty you are guaranteed to find the product you are looking for. Unfortunately, MI Windows and Doors doesn’t disclose their prices online making it difficult for customers to decide if this company is the right fit for their budget.

4.1

bookmark

Featured Review

Terry white Houston, TX

Best customer service and very high quality on my completed job. Ardis is extremely professional and very nice to work with. I highly recommend MI.

bookmark

Featured Review

Cole Buford, GA

We were so happy with the service with the company and the follow up and the installers. Every part of the process was clean and easy

Carol Kalma Cassville, NJ

Customer service is exceptional. I have always dealt with courteous people. My home is 13 years old. The builder installed MI windows. I have replaced at least 10 windows due to broken seals. Residents in my community have also had major problems with the seals. Between the replacement cost (shipping only) and the installation I have paid approximately $700. There are still some windows that need to be replaced. I just listed a home that had 9 windows that failed inspection. The quality of the windows is poor and I would not recommend anyone purchasing them.

Reply from MI Windows and Doors

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had this experience with your MI Windows. We take all customer feedback very seriously. We will certainly share your feedback with our product team. Thank you for sharing your experience with us so we can continue to make improvements.

Jul. 21st, 2021

Slowik York, PA

Our MI windows were initially purchased and installed by our builder. Our home is 17 years old and we had a problem with seals on some of our windows. They were under warranty and were replaced . The service technicians were very knowledgeable and professional and they did a top-notch job in taking care of the problem. They were craftsman and took pride in doing the job right. The windows were covered by warranty and we paid the installation cost which was reasonable. Everyone we dealt with were customer oriented and a pleasure to work with. Thanks for a job well done.

Joan Lynn Mount Holly, NC

Ordered replacement Windows in June 2021 and customer service was great. Very pleasant, informative and courteous. Windows were installed 7/8/2021 by Fenestration Services. The installer was wonderful. He went above and beyond taking care not to damage walls, floors or carpeting. MI Windows is very fortunate to have such a wonderful sub contractor. Overall I could not be more satisfied.

Wayde Marshall Winter Haven, FL

Called in April 2021 about a warranty issue on a sliding glass door panel that had hazed over during the last year. Everyone was so very responsive to my needs. Agreed to replace the panel and to have it installed at my convenience. Service company from Georgia called and set up an appointment to install new panel. Technicians arrived on time and installed new panel to my satisfaction. Great service from start to finish.

John Moeller Lubbock, TX

M.I. Windows is a solid honest American company made up of decent knowledgeable people throughout. They manufacture their high quality windows in the US!!! Their telephone workers in Pennsylvania were extremely helpful. No gimmicks. No nonsense. Donnie Russell called me and said my parts would be ordered and he would later come to my home to do repairs. My situation was under warranty. My out of pocket was zero. Our house is new so we wanted everything to be in good shape. Donnie was honest, friendly, experienced and professional. He did a great job!!! He needs to be recognized and paid more money for his good work!!! This company is very dependable!! I can show you a lot of others that are not!!

Bill Newman St. Marys, GA

My 11 year old home has MI windows throughout. Due to pressure washing or natural occurring settling, 9 of my dual panel windows lost their seal and became cloudy over the years. The local window company (who installed every window in 2010) gave me a VERY expensive quote to replace the windows. When I called MI directly, I learned of the warranty! After verifying my serial numbers on each window and sending pictures of the cloudy windows to MI, I got an appointment for a full warranty replacement. The sole cost was $370 for shipping and installation labor! I LOVE MI Windows! Great service, great company!

Robert CoventryPark Indianapolis, IN

Larry E, the technician you sent, was prompt and suggested the steps that could be used to solve our window problems. We agreed they would be a logical procedure to follow. Larry proceeded working on the windows and was finished within a short period of time. I sent a letter to you today stating this very information. Again, we appreciate your effort to solve our problems. Thank you very much! Robert T Dunn

sherie tapper Sykesville, MD

I did a warranty claim. The customer service group was very helpful. I was able to do everything electronically. I was approved in less then 5 days from the time the claim was submitted. The installation contractor for MI was very experienced. The windows were installed with one month from the time I filed the claim. I was very impressed with all of the service I had. Thank you.

Edward Kennedy Franklin, IN

I could not be happier with both the service and installation we received with our MI replacement windows. The quality of the windows is great and the representative who facilitated the installation could not have done a better, more efficient job.

fjm Hoffman, NJ

Great company, from the answering service to the technician, this company is the best, fast and efficient service, professional, clean pleasant , I can't say enough for the Technician Zachary L, he should be commendated for his service.

Helen Dover, DE

Field Service Technician Payton and his team have a strong commitment on following up and returning calls. They are eager to help and completed the work efficiently. They are hardworking, respectful, friendly and polite. Fantastic Job! Helen Dover, DE

Richard Besser Prescott, AZ

Correspondence between us and MI was very good. Technician Grady R and helper arrived on time, introduced themselves and got right to work. Within a very short time, the job of replacing our bedroom picture window was completed. Very happy with the service we received.

DR. JON COSSE Hightstown, NJ

Excellent ordering procedure, great job installing our window replacement. Highly recommended service and windows. Service person came on time and completed the new install quickly and expertly. Dr. Jon Cosse, West Windsor, NJ

Lynda Potempa Prescott Valley, AZ

Grady and his partner arrived right on time. Grady knew exactly what the problem was and took care of it quickly. Very pleasant to deal with and we are very very satisfied with the service we received.

Catherine Vidal Ventura, CA

Tara set up a visit with the Visalia office for me in Ventura. The issue, I thought was weather stripping. Turned out not to be. However, the gentleman from Visalia how I could repair gaps in my frame installation which was not in MI's realm. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Baker Simpsonville, SC

Those I dealt with over the phone were so kind and helpful. The installer was here at the scheduled time and did a great job. Wonderful experience with this company!

Jerry Peters Naples, FL

Very, very responsive! The whole process was incredibly easy and well-organized. Your team’s customer service was a breath of fresh air! Congratulations, well done! Jerry Peters

Joel Palley Lorton, VA

Excellent customer service. Made ordering easy. Very quick and efficient installation by their installer (Stobys from PA).

Arthur Branham Bayville, NJ

Over the 10 yrs I owned my home I had to replace 19 window that lost the seal. Granted that the windows were supplied under the warranty but I had to pay shipping and pay to have them installed. It also created a big inconvenience since the window shades had to be removed, furniture moved and in the case of a couple of windows I had to pay someone to remove and reinstall the shutters that were on those windows. I just think having issues with 19 windows shows poor quality. I do have to give credit to Zack who came to do the recent replacement, he was neat, efficient and very professional.

Reply from MI Windows and Doors

I'm sorry to hear your experience didn't live up to the standards we expect. We take all customer feedback very seriously and are dedicated to making continuous improvements that positively impact our homeowners. If you need any further assistance, please email me at [email protected] with your contact info so I can help.

Jun. 21st, 2021

Nicholas Kormash Jersey City, NJ

Quick, efficient service from their customer service people to their technician Zack. Zack was professional and personable. A credit to the company.

Andrew T McIntyre O'Fallon, IL

After almost 5 months of waiting our screen door was finally delivered in one piece or so we thought. The company sent the screen twice through the same company which arrived damaged both times. Than finally they had a member from MI "hand" deliver it to our home. Well he was in such a rush to get it off his truck I guess that he scratched the metal. Instead of waiting another month we decided to just let it be.

Reply from MI Windows and Doors

I'm sorry to hear your experience didn't live up to the standards we expect. We take all customer feedback very seriously. Please email me at [email protected] with your contact information so I can look into this further. Thank you.

Jun. 3rd, 2021

Melinda Mathews Powhatan, VA

No customer service when it comes to replacing a failed window. We were told there was a life time warranty on the windows and when we called we were told it only pertained to the original owner of the house. This house is only 7 years old, really, good windows should last much longer than that. We said we would pay for the replacement window and asked if they could send the area rep to measure the window and we were told they did not do that, only under the original warranty. This does not seem like good customer service. As we need to replace sections of windows or whole windows, we will NOT be using Mi Windows.

Gina Asheville, NC

They stand behind their warranty. I had a problem with a seal on several windows and 15 years later they replaced them

Jack Becke Lake Havasu City, AZ

The technician, Grady, did an excellent job expediting the window replacement and installation. Very satisfied with the overall job!

MarkorSue Sanders Denver, CO

Carlos was on time, wore a mask throughout, and did an excellent job.

Ronda Monmouth Junction, NJ

Customer service was polite, knowledgeable and easy to work with Great experience!

Natalia S Bartlett, IL

Buyer beware!!! We have MI windows and they are terrible. When it is cold out in the winter, we have ice on the inside of the windows. Now we have mold forming from the ice and water on the inside of the windows. The house is Just 4 years old and we feel drafts next to the windows. A my customer service is the worst, telling us this is all normal when it's cold out. No it is not normal, we had new windows in our previous home and never had any of these issues. Do not buy!!

Reply from MI Windows and Doors

Window condensation does occur in energy efficient windows. We have articles about this on our website with suggestions on what you can do to alleviate it. I'm sorry to hear you had any trouble with the service team. We take all customer feedback very seriously. Can you please email me at [email protected] with your contact information so I can help? Thank you.

Feb. 26th, 2021

Gersh Salisbury Indianapolis, IN

Great service and quality products at reasonable price!

John Slattery West Chester, PA

Colton was experienced, well mannered ,and spoken. He was on time, communicative and represented MI Windows very well. Replacement windows look great!

robert spink Houston, TX

Outstanding love the reinforced frames all the upgrades foam wraps dp50 rated hidden secure locks double gaskets double weatherstrip

AMAC Chadds Ford, PA

Mi windows are worst windows and frames you could buy and install. Builders are choosing this product because it's cheap. Even new windows leak very bad. We are 50 house community every house had issues with in first 5-6 years an average. Spend your money with other good company. Issues:BAD Leadk Drift Frames will not hold the shape- gap between frame and window. Workmanship

Stacey Barnes Hernando, FL

They claim they are on time! 1. Right now they are 4 weeks behind on my job with one plate glass window. 2. On two custom 10 foot sliders which have 3 glass panels, one panel on each set, the locks are on the outside! Oooh, how safe is that!?

Matt R Lititz, PA

I would give 0 stars if I could! My home was built in 2003. 75% of my window seals are bad and windows are fogged up. I would run from any home that has MI windows. The warranty does not apply to me because I am the second owner and bought the home when it was 1 year old.

Diana Saint Thomas, PA

MI windows are the worst! Do not buy a house with these windows unless you can afford to replace them. The windows look like they have oil in them I am assuming because the seal goes bad. Do not , open the windows because the plastic dry rots. I could go on but, I won’t. Beware of these windows.