1. Superior Debt Relief

Since 1998, Superior Debt Relief has helped customers settle debts as an alternative to bankruptcy. Although the company requires clients to have at least $10,000 in debt, it aims to get those debts settled in 12 to 36 months. However, Superior Debt Relief is only available in nine states.

#1 Freedom Debt Relief chevron_right
#2 Consolidated Credit chevron_right
#3 National Debt Relief chevron_right

The Good

• Experience and Accreditation
  • Positive Reviews
  • Free Consultation
  • Resolution Time

Experience and Accreditation

Superior Debt has been in business longer than most competitors, which allows clients to take advantage of the long-established relationships between SDR and their creditors to get better rates. Furthermore, SDR is accredited with the IAPDA.

Positive Reviews

Its customers report high satisfaction levels based on reviews and reports from this site and others. In particular, clients often highlight appreciation for the knowledgeable, attentive, and understanding customer service staff. Many reviewers expressed appreciation for their debt counselor's role in helping them to reshape their financial habits on an ongoing basis.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Lisa [February 18, 2016]

"Superior Debt Relief is awesome! I was over $40,000 in debt and felt I would never pay my charge cards off. . . . They evaluated my situation and set up a repayment plan that was easier for me to manage. Within 3 years I was done and debt free! They kept me informed every step of the way and made this process bearable! Thank you Dee and everyone who worked on my case!!!"

Free Consultation

To help consumers determine how the company can help and what it can achieve, Superior Debt Relief offers a free consultation. This shows that the company is willing to discuss its services and how it may or may not be able to help a potential client in settling debt.

Resolution Time

Superior Debt resolves most debt in 12 to 36 months.

The Bad

• Missing Accreditations
  • Limited Availability
  • High Minimum Debt Requirement

Missing Accreditations

Superior Debt lacks an AFCC accreditation, while many competitors are accredited by both the AFCC and IAPDA. Along with the missing AFCC accreditation, the company makes no mention of being in compliance with FTC rules and regulations.

Limited Availability

The biggest concern for most potential customers is availability; SDR is only available in 9 states.

High Minimum Debt Requirement

In order to access Superior Debt's services, consumers must owe at least $10,000 or more, which is higher than the industry average.

The Bottom Line

While Superior Debt Relief has an average price point and a few industry accreditations, the company has been in business for a long time and its customer reviews have been consistently favorable. We recommend calling Superior Debt if you owe more than $10,000 and live in its service area. For those owing less or living elsewhere, we recommend working with another company.

View Best Debt Relief Companies

4.8

Richard Nusbaum

April 1st, 2015 Westminster, MD

This company help this old country boy out of my trouble. They are the real thing and they will help you .

martha heath

March 31st, 2015 Miami, FL

I have recently finished my payments and am happily free of debt! The service I received with Superior Debt was personalized and professional; I was always treated with kindness and understanding. I can't thank you all enough for your help and guidance in this matter. I highly recommend this company to anyone who finds themselves over their head in debt. Thank you!

James

March 27th, 2015 Ashland, OH

Superior is the best place to go if you need help to get out of debt.im so glad i went to them.and it didnt put me in a hard place ,paying them every month.i will tell all my friends and any one who needs help getting out of debt about Superior Debt and their friendly people. Thanks Steve, Lex and Marie.

George Hillman

March 24th, 2015 North Andover, MA

Superior Debt Relief Have been a client of the firm for over two years and really appreciate their professional respect and treatment provided by them in their line of business. Would strongly recommend that an individual or family in a similar financial situation engage the professionals at Superior Debt Relief for assistance in personal financial resolve.

Diane Ranslow

March 23rd, 2015 Cumberland, RI

I used Superior Debt to get out of credit card debt because I was trying for disability for three years and had no income. In that time period I ended up with a high debt and needed help. In two and a half years, Superior Debt helped my with that problem. Thank you so much Superior for all your help!!

A Cummins

March 22nd, 2015 Farmington, MI

The group I worked with at superior extremely helpful and committed to helping me through a tough time.

Julie J

March 20th, 2015 Yadkinville, NC

3 years ago my husband and I were drowning in debt. Without Superior Debt Relief we would still be struggling to make it from payday to payday. I am thankful every day that I contacted them and they worked hard for us and got all of our credit card debt settled and we don't have to wonder how we are gonna pay all our our bills. I would recommend Superior Debt Relief to anyone that needs to get out from under credit card dabt.

nancy johnson

March 19th, 2015 Eau Claire, WI

Your rep. Milt Berger called me today, off an ad I contacted about your company, and I just had a credit consultation with him. This guy, Milt, is literally a god-send, an extremely honest and very helpful person. He really made my day and didn't try to sell me anything, which is very rare. He said your program may not be right for me and then proceeded to help me out with alternative ways to get out of debt. After talking to him, it felt like a huge load was lifted off my back. I just can't praise him enough, as it was so refreshing to deal with rep. like him. Also, if I can help by sending any business your way, I absolutely will. And if we get into a real bind and need your type of services, you'll be the first to contacted. We're both 71 and are struggling with low social security, so again thanks, Nancy Johnson and husband Jerry Johnson.

Tammy Santiago

March 18th, 2015 Easton, PA

Great customer service, monthly check ins, easy process.

Jim Shirek

March 16th, 2015 Vancouver, WA

I dealt with two specific Customer Service Reps Tonya and Amy and both were extremely professional and helpful to us in our understanding of Superior Debt Solutions procedures and our expectations. In three years time my wife and I paid off 6 credit cards which were maxed out . The average of each card $5000. We are retired and no longer have any credit card debt. By not having access to credit cards ,for that time, we have found a way to rethink how we spend our money. We have Superior Debt Solutions to Thank. I would recommend this company to anyone who is having financial problems due to credit!

Marcolina Masso

March 13th, 2015 Brooklyn, NY

Before deciding on Superior Debt Relief, I checked the Better Business Bureau for reviews and feedback. Superior received some high ratings which is a must for me. From the first day I was treated with such respect and I felt I made the right choice. milt Berger was handling my account and I must say he was so nice and patient with me. He explained everything to me and was always around when I had questions and concerns. I am glad I made the right choice in getting out of debt. Thank you Milt for all your help. I highly recommend this website and company for anyone looking to get out of debt.

Robin B. Stewart

March 13th, 2015 West Haven, CT

Before choosing Superior Debt Relief I checked with the Better Business Bureau. They gave Superior one of their highest rating. From day one I was treated with respect and as time went on I felt like I was part of a family. The advisors were there for me at all times. Whenever I would have a question no matter the subject they returned with a reply within 24 hours. They keep me updated on the progress being made. They even took the time to call me once a month to see how I was doing. That means a lot to me. They also go the extra mile advocating for me. I highly recommend Superior Debt Relief to anyone going through hard times. You will not be disappointed.

Shelly Lampereur

March 12th, 2015 Manitowoc, WI

I got excellent service and every one was very helpful. I would recommend this company to anyone for their debt relief services.

Sharon Meyer

March 11th, 2015 Hammondsport, NY

Amy @ Superior debt was an amazing person to work with on my debt issues. She was very compassionate with any problems or issues that would arise in my life. The firm is very informative and leaves nothing out. I would recommend there ability to help anyone out there, that are honest & that need to clean up there debts. They have proven to get the job with integrity & honesty. I can't say enough, thank them enough or express my gratitude to the entire company. Thank-You again. Sincerely Sharon Meyer & family

Cindy Anderson

March 10th, 2015 Clearlake, CA

I went into debt due to family circumstances that were beyond my control. I called Superior Debt for help. I was directed to Dee Galla who has been very helpful and knowledgable. I am now debt free and very thankful for the great help of Dee and Superior Debt. I would highly recommend Superior Debt to anyone who has or is in financial circumstances and to Dee especially. Thank you and God bless you all.

David Ozment

March 9th, 2015 Sheboygan, WI

I approached Superior debt services in a state of panic, my financial situation was collapsing around me. From the moment they answered the phone I was made to feel safe, much less anxious, and I knew I was not alone. they were always there when I needed them. I felt like I had been sailing a sinking ship for a long time and just when I thought I was running out of boat, they had me right where I needed to be. Every step is dry land now. Thank you Superior Debt.

Robert Schiavone

March 7th, 2015 Port Orange, FL

Service was excellent and everything was communicated clearly durin the processes.

Pat Lowery

March 6th, 2015 Townsend, WI

I had about $20,000 in credit card debt that was hanging over my head for several years. I was making minimum payments and only covering the interest on cards that were maxed out and at high interest rates. Superior Debt Relief helped me out by setting up a manageable monthly payment and a definite time schedule when my debts would be paid-off. They negotiated with my creditors, stopped nasty phone calls and letters. I was assigned to a real account manager who cared about me. We actually paid off my debts before the scheduled date. It was a good financial move for me.

Robert Burk

February 27th, 2015 Tellico Plains, TN

Creditors are heartless and relentless when you're at your lowest. Superior debt gave us the hope and confidence that we desperately needed during a very difficult time. The staff is so great and I want to especially thank Marie who was always quick to reply and did a wonderful job of keeping us up to date on our progress and what to expect. She was very reassuring and made us feel like we were the only clients she had. Thank you all for you hard work and excellent, professional service!

Terrilyn Roddy

February 25th, 2015 Niceville, FL

I have not had anything accept good service from Superior Debt. They worked with me and helped me along the way. Amy Hill was awesome, she was there for me whenever I needed her, I never felt lost or alone in this process. Thanks again for everything.

jerryandgerry lee

February 2nd, 2015 Bismarck, ND

I worked mainly with DEE Galla getting my credit cards payed off! She walked me through this whole process. It was really quite simple and it went really well. since then I have really been doing well as we got our credit built back up and we are in search of a new house to buy. It really does not take long after settleing the accounts that we where on the road to building up our credit score. Thank you Dee and Superior debt for helping to get our life going again. I would recommend your company to anyone!!!

Jordan Blackburn

January 24th, 2015 Bellingham, WA

Thank you for everything, we're back on our feet!

Richard

January 21st, 2015 Greenwood, MS

My experience with this company is unlike any. I was very skeptical about the program but was way to far in debt not to. After coming aboard they have made my life much easier. I am so proud I chose superior. Because their name says it all, they are superior. I am so pleased of how hard they have worked for me. They have done a phenomenal job, I could not ask for more. My contact is Dee Galla and she is the most helpful, hard working, wonderful agent that I know. She has walked me thru everything without hesitation or concern on working thru problems I have faced. She is definitely an asset to this company. I am so glad she handled my account. I would recommend this company to everybody. Thank you so much superior and Dee for your hard work.

Robert

January 14th, 2015 West Blocton, AL

Les and the Superior Debt team have been everything I needed and then some. I will be forever grateful for the fresh start they have given my wife and I !!

Crystal Skinner

January 7th, 2015 Plymouth, NH

Superior Debt helped us when the economy sank and my business income went down. We are now no longer paying for items on credit cards, but paying for what we need when we purchase it. We are debt free except for our home and the new car we just purchased with over 2/3 down is cash. Life is so much better without the stress of worrying about paying minimums on credit cards. Superior Debt has been wonderful in meeting our needs and have been within easy contact when needed. I highly recommend this company!

Charlene Spiegelman

December 30th, 2014 Denver, CO

I have received nothing but the best service from Superior Debt and they have gone out of their way to help me through a month or problem when needed. I cannot say anything negative about this program.

TM

December 26th, 2014 Oil City, PA

Unforseen circumstances left me $35,000 in debt and unable to work with the credit card companies by myself. Superior Debt and Dee Galla helped me get rid of my debt and in a timely manner. They let you know up front approximately how long it will take and put you on a payment schedule. About 2 years later and at a 51% savings, I am debt free! I couldn't have done that on my own! Superior Debt was a lifesaver for me!

Paul

December 19th, 2014 Atlanta, GA

Superior Debt changed my life! My wife and I had about 85,000 in debt between us. They settled one account after another for about 50% or less of total balance. There is no way I would have been able to handle the approximately 10 accounts. We only have one left and we will be done. What I like most about the company is the representatives, they understand what you are going through and are very helpful and will work with you. Dee my account rep has been a pleasure to work with she has provided me with excellent customer service. I would highly recommend this company.

tom ritari

December 17th, 2014 Bamberg, SC

Superior debt co. was tremendous. They handled our account extremely well and eliminated our debt efficiently. We are still in the process but they told us straight up front that it would take three years and we are right on schedule to accomplish this. I would highly recommend this co. for those in a similar situation as we were. $85,000 in debt.

LAVERNA l baker

December 12th, 2014 Sheridan, WY

They have helped me out so much. Thanks to them I am almost out of debt

Elizabeth Gibbs

December 11th, 2014 Casper, WY

Superior debt has really helped me out with my credit cards. I will have them paid off much sooner than I could have trying to do it by myself. They have been so helpful any time I had questions. I have told people about what I'm doing and hopefully some will do the same.

Hugo Marion-Landais

December 10th, 2014 Wilmington, NC

Great service. Punctual calls and great follow up when needed.

ken lobsinger

December 9th, 2014 Horn Lake, MS

everyone at superior debt has been very helpful.les has been very helpful. I would recommend superior debt to anyone

Robin B. Stewart

December 8th, 2014 West Haven, CT

I am having an amazing experience with Superior Debt relief. They treat you like family. They check in on you every month to see how you are doing. They are excellent in dealing with creditors. They are excellent at explaining your progress in terms you can understand. If a counselor leaves he/she contacts you to explain why they are leaving and who your new counselor will be and a little bit about him/her. I am so happy I chose Superior who got an excellent rating with the BBB. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel thanks to Superior.

thomas

December 6th, 2014 Polo, MO

We have eliminated over 20k in credit card debt. Marie and the staff at Superior Debt was very helpful and were easy to work with. I would recommend using this service to anyone needing to eliminate credit card debt with out going through bankruptcy.

Patrick Transue

December 4th, 2014 Cumming, GA

I am very pleased with the service provided by Les, Bailey, and Cindy. Though we were not able to finish out the last obligation I had, I am happy with the payment plan arranged with the collection co. The personal and professional experience I was given was second to none. I would highly recommend Superior to anyone having to go through this type of difficult situation. Thanks again to all, Patrick Transue

Mark Pettefer

December 3rd, 2014 Kihei, HI

Superior Debt Relief makes it easy to get your credit card debt consolidated to one monthly payment . They have a friendly staff that helps you every step of the way until you are debt free!

Paul A.Hughes

December 2nd, 2014 Hyde, PA

The process has been long and arduous but your debt does get resolved.

Patrick

December 1st, 2014 Grand Rapids, MI

I was not crazy about the idea regarding debt settlement and I'm very happy that I found the right company to work with me on all my debt settlement proposals. I went through a very rough divorce several years back and with my child support payments and high credit card payments I had to do something. Even though bankruptcy was an option, my income was too high for a Chapter 7 and a Chapter 13 budget plan did not make much sense to me either as I did not have $1,800.00 upfront to get an attorney and I thought that my chances of repairing my credit would be better without a bankruptcy hanging over me. At any rate my accounts would have to be settled one way or another and I needed help. The only downfall is that I would not have Bankruptcy protection when doing my best to settle with my creditors. I contacted Superior and we came up with a goal and a monthly payment plan to start settling my credit accounts. This worked well for me and it took me approximately 24 months to settle 5 accounts. I am now starting to establish better a credit rating and put more money in the bank. Life had its financial challenges for me and I am so happy that I went with Superior. They are professional, friendly and are always on the look out for their clients. I want to thank the team at Superior. Those who started working with me from the consultation, to the negotiators and legal team. I especially want to thank Marie C. for getting me through this as well. There was a light at the end of the tunnel when I didn't see it at first. I'm in a better place in my life financially. I must say that it feels really nice and I wish I would have started the process a lot sooner.

Yvonne Belcher

November 28th, 2014 Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I had a great experience working with Dee Galla throughout the repayment of my debt. She guided me very kindly with everything, which made an unhappy situation much less stressful for me. I am grateful to be finished with my repayments, but I will miss talking with Dee. She feels like family to me now. Thanks, to Dee and everyone behind the scenes who helped make this experience much easier than I had expected.

Jim Furr

November 27th, 2014 Bountiful, UT

They were great and helped me through a long involved debt reduction and several attempted lawyer involvements.I would recommend them very highly!!

Jennifer moore

November 25th, 2014 Denver, CO

Very pleasant, on top of everything, answered all questions we had, was prompt with returning phone calls! Would recommend to everyone who needs help! We are now debt free and thanks to superior for helping us!!