Fundable

Fundable Logo

6.1

Fundable

verified
Fundable charges a flat fee for its fundraising services

Fundable has helped thousands of founders raise in excess of $440 million in investment capital. At Fundable, the goal is to remove some of the critical obstacles that typical founders face when fundraising. The company focuses on deal presentation, investor identification, and outreach. Unlike some of its competitors, Fundable charges a flat fee. All proceeds from a fundraise end up where it is likely needed the most—with the founders.

The Good

• Model Type
  • Fees
  • Maximum Allowed Raise
  • Deadlines
  • Receiving Funds
  • Consultancy Service Work Options

Model Type

Companies using Fundable are able to host their fundraiser under three different campaign formats: Equity, Convertible Debt, or straight Debt. These options allow founders to choose which model will work best for their specific fundraising needs. This is rare in the crowdfunding world where crowdfunding models are typically pre-determined. These campaigns allow startups to make a predetermined portion of the company available in exchange for capital. This model type is most effective for funding goals of more than $50,000 by companies looking for larger sums of operating capital to move their business forward.  Fundable also provides a rewards campaign platform for founders that are looking to raise funds for their business on a smaller scale from consumers. Rewards are exchanged for cash contributions from Backers. Rewards are simply items of value that "reward" a Backer for supporting a founder’s respective business.

Fees

Fundable charges users a flat fee of $179 per month to create and manage a fundraising campaign via their DIY route.  If you choose their consultancy service model giving client’s access to Fundable’s consulting and creative team, which is utilized to craft content for a client’s Fundable page, a service fee is paid upfront and the hosting fee is $99 per month.  Pricing is not prorated. For Rewards-based campaigns, funding is by credit card using a third party processor called WePay, requiring a fee of 3.5% + 30¢ per transaction. Although some crowdfunding sites for startups don't charge monthly fees, they charge completion fees and non-completion fees. Fundable charges no completion fees or partial fees. This means that users are not charged an additional fee upon completion of their fundraise, and there is no additional fee for failure to meet a goal. This is a benefit because less fees are more cost-effective and it allows users to take home everything they raise.

Maximum Allowed Raise

Fundable does not have a specific cap or maximum amount of how much you can raise. The company recommends $50,000 max if a customer is using the Rewards model and anything $50,000 and over if using the Equity model.

Deadlines

There is no minimum or maximum duration for fundraising with Fundable. With Equity fund types, an investor's commitment will need to be renewed every 90 days. Each campaign is unique so clients have the flexibility to work with the Fundable team for as long as they need to.

Receiving Funds

How funds are received depends on the funding model selected. At the end of the Rewards campaign, all funds are automatically collected and transferred to the customer's business bank account. With an Equity campaign, all commitments are processed offline after the close of fundraise.

Consultancy Service Work Options

Fundable's team takes a very hands-on, step-by-step approach from profile creation to marketing to help companies understand the fundraising process and launch their funding campaigns. Whether creating a profile or revamping a marketing strategy, a member of the Fundable team is there to offer assistance. This approach is delivered based on the fact that the founders of Fundable have much personal experience raising money and are familiar with the process. Therefore, they are able to offer personal expertise to their clients. Administrative assistance from Fundable comes in the following ways:

• Funding Accelerator: designed to equip founders with the right knowledge and the best resources to tackle their raise with newfound confidence, the Funding Accelerator provides clients with a dedicated consultant that works with clients across every step of the process -- helping them level set, stay on track, and reach their desired fundraising goals. With built-in, one-on-one strategy sessions, clients are given a deep dive into the most important aspects of the fundraise process; structuring your raise, crafting your pitch, investor selection and investor outreach. At the conclusion of the strategy sessions, a Fundable profile page is created, allowing clients to host their raise while still being serviced by Fundable’s consulting team.
  • Platform Page Creation: for clients looking for an expedited service option, Fundable also provides a less hands-on approach for clients that are working with a tight timeframe. Like the Accelerator above, clients work with a dedicated consultant, via one onboarding call, to get their opportunity ready to be launched on the platform.

The Bad

Fund Type

Fundable only uses an "all or nothing" fundraising approach for the Rewards raise model.  All or nothing means the startup or business must meet or surpass its goal in order to successfully collect funds.  However, their other campaign options; Equity, Convertible Debt, and straight Debt provide clients with more flexibility. If they choose to close a round early and the decision is supported by their investors, they are able to remove their raise from the platform at their discretion.

The Bottom Line

Fundable is a great option for individuals looking to raise capital. The flat fee gives startups and businesses a solid figure of what they will pay, and the lack of fundraising deadlines makes the process flexible. With many help aids available and a team with loads of personal practice and wisdom, Fundable is likely to deliver a positive, successful experience for its customers.

3.4

Stefan
October 12th, 2018 DETAILS

I can't say enough about the team of fantastically talented people at Fundable. Patrick and his team have done an amazing job on so many levels, from helping us create a compelling and engaging deck to advising and keeping us on track throughout the entire fundraise process. If you're even considering a cap raise for your company, do yourself a favor and get in touch with the Fundable crew.

Jason
October 8th, 2018 Cornelius, NC DETAILS

Te experience has been great thanks in part to Patrick G... He has gone above and beyond for us and our raise.

Wesley Baker
September 26th, 2018 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS

I found that Fundable offered a very professional operation, lovely team and the work backend was of the highest calibre and certainly put me at ease raising funds. I would categorically say that I will use Fundable again with other projects and also for another stage of investment. In the investment world it is always hard as a business to select the correct method to raise funds from investors to your business and what Fundable does is bridge that gap in a highly professional manner. They work with you at all stages of development towards launch.

Eric Ralls
September 13th, 2018 Telluride, CO DETAILS

Fundable has been incredibly helpful in every way! Everyone in customer service, graphics/design department, and the business side have been very responsive and amenable to all of my requests. I highly recommend them.

Kristin Currey
September 13th, 2018 Newport Beach, CA DETAILS

Fundable has been great in getting us organized and on track for fundraising. Kevin B has been a great lead and is very proactive in helping us craft our message and focus in on our target investors.

Daniel Gaston
August 28th, 2018 Glendale, AZ

The Fundable experience has been a great developmental journey. Fundable was a good fit having not raised capital before. The learning process, resources and team at Fundable made for a great experience and end result. I would definitely recommend them to help a company seek a round of funding and come out at the end with phenomenal output to share with investors and help you raise funds to take your company or idea to the next level.

Bella Houtz
August 23rd, 2018 South Jordan, UT

Fundable was a great crowdfunding choice, they were really helpful and we got to what we needed very fast thanks to them.

Mike Reinero
August 23rd, 2018 Roseville, CA DETAILS

Fundable was a great way for me to gain exposure to investors across the country that I would have no other way of knowing. The onboarding process was easy and the staff was very attentive to making changes to my profile quickly when I needed them made. I would recommend the Fundable crew to anyone looking for early stage investments.

dt
July 30th, 2018 Littleton, CO DETAILS

Scammers. Don't let you access your billing info and basically keep your card on file and keep charging you. They dont send you an email when they debit your card either and keep charging your card stealthily until payments go through

Krista S
July 20th, 2018 Encino, CA

As a startup, it is imperative to project our brand, product and a distinctive flair to potential investors. Our team at Fundable was masterful in illustrating our vision and creating a pitch deck that we are proud to present. Their process was organized, easy to follow and timely. They really took the time to conduct a comprehensive interview, listen to our story and meet our detailed requests and revisions with no push back...just results. Kevin & Kaitlyn are a class act.

Bejoy Narayana
June 28th, 2018 Coppell, TX DETAILS

In our opinion, the fundable team was very professional and helpful in launching our campaign. Both Kaitlyn W. and Patrick G. provided invaluable inputs in the development of the material. They also responded, usually within hours to any questions we had after the campaign was launched.

Kevin Massengill
June 27th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

We have used many other vendors to provide individual parts of the overall service that Fundable provides. I can honestly say that none of them did their part as well, as quickly and as inexpensively as Fundable. If you are looking for someone to assist with building a great pitch deck and to publicize your raise, I could not recommend Fundable more highly.

Vicki Jones
June 12th, 2018 Spicewood, TX DETAILS

Briek and Kaitlyn were great to work with! The content and conference calls were invaluable. They both made the process very smooth.

Ted Lindsley
June 6th, 2018 Burleson, TX DETAILS

Fundable has been THE go-to solution for launching 3 different funding campaigns over the years. The team is organized, thorough and professional. More important, their services are much greater than just a funding outlet. Reaching investors is obvious, but their marketing team transforms our technology, company, approach, strategy and vision into a simplified summary that speaks to investors. Every time we truly see our own company with fresh eyes and it changes how we present ourselves. For the latest campaign on a new company, we are relying on Fundable to devise our investor summary BEFORE creating the website and marketing materials. Over the years, we have learned that they have a much better understanding of how to convey our company than we do!

Tony Caccomo
June 4th, 2018 Decatur, IL DETAILS

Easy to work with--excellent in creating pitch decks--lots of extra help throughout the process--with investors Startups.co has opened additional doors for us in the entire process--including legal--which is making it all the more understandable and affordable.

Ronald Obray
May 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

I really appreciate the fundable platform. Yes, as a start up, you have to put in the work and the more information and the more prepared the start up is the better the results. Their open platform is a great way to stay organized and attentive to possible accredited investor pipelines. I also like that I control who see's what and that the invites to the profile site comes from the patticpating company and myself as CEO. The ability to point every possible lead to one site, whether in the fundable network or not is another key factor that makes the fundable platform well worth the preparation time. The staff was incredible and very responsive to our design needs overall. As a company, you still have to pitch, pitch pitch, but it is nice to look good and be organized in the process. Ronald

Pedro Avila
May 8th, 2018 Stockton, CA DETAILS

>>> DO NOT GIVE THEM A PENNY! <<< Back in 2015 I was contacted by Fundable, I will say they sang a good song. At the time I was a beginner entrepreneur with hopes and dreams that my idea would hit it big. Not saying it didn't become a staple of my community though that was not by any help of Fundable. As I was saying after being contacted by a rep I was offered a dream package that would put my idea in front of investors and that for a low $2,500 cost they would post my profile on the main pages that investors frequent. Mind you in those early months my company did not have a lot of resources and I could not spare that money as I stated to there rep. It was then that they reduced the price for a special deal for my company. I stupidly took the offer of $1,500 and paid them. During the period of setting up my profile they had a lack luster graphic artist and content writer create my profile. All the information I provided to them which is understandable. After my profile went live I had to continuously ask for the list of the investors and media contacts which was included in the package, I figured at least being able to email decks to investors would work. It was a load of bull. The list which was provided, "after weeks and multiple calls" was crap. I emailed every single investor on this list and not a single reply. It had to of been data mined incorrectly or something, multiple emails weren't even working. I called and asked for a refund which they declined. They took advantage of a startup and it hurt my company for months as those funds could of better of been used else where. I plead that you read other peoples review on this site and stay away from these snake oil dealers!

Oleg K
December 13th, 2017 Mountain View, CA DETAILS

Really scammers. Representative calls and loose any interest after understand that you don't want to spend $2.500 for crazy concierge service. Too lazy to explain details, just avoid this company.

salif
November 1st, 2017 Winston-Salem, NC DETAILS

stay away from this company if i can even call it a company scam scam scam i paid them $2300 for nothing, they gave me bunch of useless email i wonder how they sleep at night

Victor Pritzker
May 23rd, 2017

As a consultant I have recommended Fundable to three clients. In each case the staff at fundable have delivered as advertised, always made themselves available, were extremely helpful and patient. I am struck, in my experience with them, that they do not over promise in regard to any sort of guarantee of success in what is a very difficult and competitive market for investment. However, they do offer a landscape that is available to those that would otherwise not have either access to qualified investors, or such a high level of aid in preparing a workable pitch. For beginners particularly, they also offer a suite of other services from Biz plan building to PR. I certainly recommend Fundable.

Christine M
May 8th, 2017 Zanesville, OH

Enjoyed working with Fundable very much. They were very friendly, helpful and answered all our questions. Our final product was top notch! Would highly recommend!

Julie A
April 19th, 2017 Reynoldsburg, OH

I decided to spend the $2,499 to work with Fundable and it was 100% worth it. They clearly know what they are doing. They built me a beautiful page and matched me with investors that knew about my industry. It took about four months and I was able to find the money I was looking for.

Danielle
March 20th, 2017 Middlesex, NJ

I believe this company is a complete scam. They made lots of promised to get investors to get my business but didn't do a think once I paid. Then when I tried to cancel, they wouldn't and had all sorts of excuses. Stay away!

Benjamen Janey
March 14th, 2017

Really enjoyed my experience with Funable.com and their friendly staff. Working with Fundable is like having a Investment consultant in your back pocket through the funding process. Our Fundable.com profile allowed our business to recruit new talent, and create awareness during our raise. It took us about a year to get backed. They also have a full suite of business products and services start-ups can utilize to grow quickly post funding. Thanks again!

Somesh
January 13th, 2017 Piscataway, NJ

Not only did they never do a think to help us get funding, but they kept charging us after we asked them to stop

Praneet Raj
October 17th, 2016 Pittsburg, CA

Really disappointed by Fundable. They promised me that they will provide specific list of investors in my domain, they provided me a crappy half filled excel sheet with no formatting. There was not even a single investor from my domain. In fact I had a student in the list marked as an investor as well. I will not recommend using Fundable at all. I completely agree with other reviewers as they feedback is consistent.

Bruce Martin
September 7th, 2016 Downers Grove, IL

Not only did Fundable deliver absolutely ZERO results for our start up, but despite a clear discussion with their representative about NO recurring billing when we signed up, they put us on recurring billing, and refused to refund the charge when we contacted customer service. We would never recommend Fundable - based on delivery, service and on their refusal to refund a recurring bill.

Graeme
July 15th, 2016 Corona, CA

I was very excited at first to team up with Fundable in order to create connections with potential investors. What I experienced quickly turned my excitement into anger and frustration. i was one of the 'naive' entrepreneurs to believe in the hype and pay the $2k for a list of "over 400 investors in my particular space". Not only were 25% of the contact emails dead, but a vast majority were no where near my company space and interest. On top of that, they promised to feature my company....which they did... and I got hit with not 1 but 3 fraudulent overseas scammers. I understand the loose vetting process but this was ridiculous. Finally, the visual design department is a complete joke. My innovative online music tech company come across feeling more like my 3rd grade music teachers classroom. Completely missed the mark and I had to scramble to find a designer who had to redo the whole thing. When I pointed out my dissatisfaction to the company, I received an email reply of "I'm sad to hear that, best of luck". There was no inquiry into "why" I was so dissatisfied which leads me to believe that they really don't care about their clients or the hardworking entrepreneurs they take advantage of. I'm having much better success looking for good investor matches on my own, free of charge, using sites like Gust and AngelList. Please take my advice and save your money!!! I'm sure you can find much better with your capital. Good Luck!

Tim Campbell
May 28th, 2016 Charlotte, NC

Do not use this service. Unless you need someone to create your profile pages, you would be much better off using a free service like Gust and AngelList. Don't let them fool you when the say they will "give you access to 23,000 investors. It's not true. They give you a list of investors from AngelList and Linked In. You can search for that information for $0 if you want. Also, if you think your profile is being reveiwed by accreddited and vetted investors you would be wrong about that too. 3/4 of the inquireies we received were scammers from other countries. Seriously save your money and go a different route.