Credit Nerds is an Arkansas-based company that has provided credit repair services to over 25,000 clients over the past several years.

The credit repair company offers a unique, 100 percent free credit repair service and works with creditors as well as credit bureaus to find and remove negative items on clients’ credit reports.

Clients can choose to pay for a credit audit before signing up for the company’s free credit repair services. Potential clients should note, however, that the company’s credit audit service is optional.

According to the Credit Nerds website, this credit audit involves a “full breakdown of all items” on a client’s credit report and provides clients with a significant amount of information regarding their overall credit profile.

Additionally, Credit Nerds provides educational resources along with the credit audit to assist clients with expanding their credit knowledge.

Overall, the company puts a major focus on helping clients learn more about their credit profiles and strives to help clients establish bright credit futures.

Read on to learn more about Credit Nerds and to view customer reviews.

The Good

• Free Credit Repair Service
  • In-depth Credit Audit Service
  • Online Educational Resources

Free Credit Repair Service

As previously mentioned, Credit Nerds provides a 100 percent free credit repair service.

This type of service is unique as most credit repair companies charge steep fees for their credit repair plans.

According to the company’s website, clients usually stay in the company’s credit repair program for four to six months. This timeframe, however, can change based on a number of factors.

Credit Nerds does not promise that all or any negative items will be removed during the four to six month period. Most credit repair companies that do promise clients specific results are likely not providing completely legitimate services.

The company also offers a credit audit, but does not require clients to sign up and pay for a credit audit before using its credit repair services.

In-depth Credit Audit Service

Credit Nerds clients can choose to pay for an in-depth credit audit before signing up for the company’s free credit repair services.

This credit audit costs a one-time fee of $97 and involves a complete breakdown of all items on a client’s credit report.

The Credit Nerds’ website states that, as part of the credit audit, the company will review each item and will explain to the client how each item affects them as well as how clients can maintain good credit scores and reports outside of using credit repair services.

In addition to the review, Credit Nerds will also provide credit education resources to help clients learn more about their credit report and credit scores.

Again, clients do not have to sign up and pay for a credit audit before they can sign up for the company’s free credit repair services.

The audit is designed to provide clients with more credit information and insight which can help them achieve their long-term credit goals.

Online Educational Resources

The credit repair company has a variety of helpful resources on its website. These educational resources include:

• Courses — teaches important topics like credit basics, budgeting, saving, banking, identity theft, and more
  • Life Events — helps consumers learn about life events like buying a car, going to college, renting, buying a home, and getting a job
  • Credit for Kids — helps consumers teach all children from pre-k to college to those with special needs about credit
  • Financial Calculators — provides consumers with tools that can help them determine things like how much car they can afford, how much house they can afford, and more

All website visitors can use these educational tools and resources to learn more about personal finance and what they can do to improve their current financial situations.

The Bad

• Monitoring Account Required
  • Self-Mail Service Required
  • Limited Website Information

Monitoring Account Required

Although Credit Nerds offers a free credit repair service, the company does require clients to pay for and keep “an active 3-bureau monitoring account” with its credit report partner.

The cost for this account is $39.95 per month and is paid directly to the monitoring account company.

Self-Mail Service Required

Credit Nerds also asks clients to “mail correspondence to creditors or credit bureaus” themselves.

The company’s website explains that clients could incur additional fees since some items may need to be mailed certified.

Limited Website Information

Although Credit Nerds does provide a significant amount of information on its website regarding its educational credit resources, the company’s website does lack in providing other, important information that some clients may want to know.

Credit Nerds does not appear to offer information regarding the following:

• Refunds/money-back guarantee policies
  • Staff credentials
  • Customer service availability
  • Client portal or accessibility to updates/results
  • Credit repair service process

That said, potential clients should be able to obtain this information quickly by contacting the company directly via phone or email.

Consumers can easily locate contact information on the Credit Nerds website.

The Bottom Line

Credit Nerds has provided helpful services to thousands of clients over the past 13 years.

The credit repair company offers something that is almost unheard of in the credit repair industry — a 100 percent free credit repair service.

Although clients are required to pay for a tri-bureau credit monitoring account, consumers will be hard pressed to find another company that offers such low-cost services.

Credit Nerds also offers a completely optional credit audit that clients can pay for to learn more about the items on their credit reports, how those items affect them, and what they can do to obtain and maintain a good credit report and credit scores in the future.

Potential clients should note that the company does not require consumers to sign up and pay for its credit audit service before they’re able to use its credit repair services.

The Arkansas-based company also provides a vast amount of educational resources as well as a helpful frequently asked questions section on its website.

Those who are interested in Credit Nerds services can contact the company directly and view customer reviews to obtain more information.

View Best Credit Repair Companies

Devin Colon

May 21st, 2020 Marietta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CreditNerds takes such great care of me! Excellent customer service. They told me exactly what they would do, and they did it. All while keeping me informed through the entire process. My 3 bureau scores jumped by a combined total of 268 points! Thank you, CreditNerds!

Jun 30, 2020

ONLY 268?!?! Slacker! ;) Kidding... you're awesome. Let us know how we can help in the future.

David Rainey

May 23rd, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Before i did business with Credit Nerds the max credit line i had was $4200...2yrs later im currently have access to more than 60k in credit. Thanks Credit Nerds!!!

No! Thank You, David!

Joe A

July 13th, 2020 Paragould, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They did everything they said they would do. They helped me get some stuff off my credit report. Everything was timely and I felt like I was taken care of.

Alonzo A

July 13th, 2020 Paragould, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always had a great experience. Even if unable to reach them, always call back promptly. When I speak with the Nerds they always know what is going on.

Ivy A

Good people. Down home. Easy to talk to. Very helpful

Jul 13, 2020

Thanks, Ivy! It is different when you have REAL people talking to you instead of just a call center somewhere. We love our team here.

Ron A

July 10th, 2020 Paragould, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very precise. Very active with instructions on what to do. Very educated. Very helpful on getting me where I needed to be

Jul 13, 2020

Thanks Ron! If we can help you or anyone you know, just reach out or send them to the website.

Candice A

July 10th, 2020 Paragould, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a great experience, but wish it could have been quicker

Jul 13, 2020

Thanks Candice... we too wish we could get things done quicker. Unfortunately the only way companies do that is breaking laws. It's just not worth it for us. Thanks for sticking with it.

Grant A

July 10th, 2020 Paragould, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Responsive, great communication, up to date with technology

Thanks!!

Nina Sheehan

July 8th, 2020 Paragould, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have excellent customer service. Extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the service.

Jul 13, 2020

Thank you for the kind words!

Cynthia Sharp

July 8th, 2020 Paragould, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Eric C has cracked the code and has amazing knowledge of the industry. And able to leverage that knowledge to others and the benefits.

Jul 13, 2020

Appreciate the kind words Cynthia... :)

Randy H.

July 8th, 2020 Paragould, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service is good and always follow up. Super helpful.

Thanks Randy!

Candie B

July 8th, 2020 Paragould, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everyone was really friendly and helpful. It was a great experience!

Jul 13, 2020

It was our pleasure. Let us know if we can ever help in the future.

Sandy C.

July 8th, 2020 Paragould, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everybody I have dealt with has been extremely helpful, patient, and it's been a great experience all around!

Jul 13, 2020

Thanks Sandy... We are always here to help.

Barbara Jolly

May 21st, 2020 Springfield, VA

They are prompt and ready to handle any situation. Great listening to what someone is dealing with and recommending steps to take to get out of tough financial situations.

Jun 30, 2020

Thanks Barbara! Always here for you!

Tabby

May 21st, 2020 Inver Grove Heights, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Timelines of responses and customer service are excellent!

Jun 30, 2020

We love helping you guys... Can't wait to see you soon!

Dean Williams

May 21st, 2020 Durham, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are very helpful. At first there was some miscommunication but once that can resolved things moved along smoothly.

Jun 30, 2020

Glad we were able to get things straight! Let us know if wee can help in the future.

Aaron Holsipple

May 21st, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Honest and transparent. They're prediction was spot on.

Jun 30, 2020

oooooooooooooooh…. I see a big thank you in your fuuuuuuuture…. THANKS! Another correct prediction... (see what we did there?)

Jerry Warmkessel

May 21st, 2020 Cape May, NJ

Great customer service!! They walk you thru the whole process. follow up all the time and make sure you understand everything that is going on. Answer all your questions.

Jun 30, 2020

Thanks Jerry... let us know if we can help in any other way.

Ash Monge

May 1st, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called to see if they could accommodate me with a better pricing to still keep an eye of my Credit Score. My hours were cut down of COVID-19 and it’s difficult to keep up with that payment every month with this pandemic. I spoke with Jordan, On May 1st, 2020 @ 9:20 am and I felt she didn’t care if Credit Nerds looses customers. My adviser from Renatus told me Credit Nerds were able to accommodate me with a better pricing. Because they pay $7 a month. Maybe Jordan was having a bad day today. And doesn’t care for her customers. I feel bad! And disappointed...

May 20, 2020

We have contacted this reviewer and, as of the end of the call, believe she was satisfied with the response. We are so sorry for confusion on this account. We have discussed the issue with Ash and explained that we were unable to provide a discount to her because we are not the company who was actually charging her that price. It was her 3rd party monitoring account fee. We provided her the info to convert her account over to a new monitoring provider that would have a lower cost. We make no excuse for this issue, and take responsibility for not being more clear when she spoke with Jordyn. We have taken the following action: 1. Called the client to correct and explain the issue. 2. Discussed the cause of the issue and ways to avoid it with Jordyn. 3. Sent a company wide message about the confusion to keep it from happening in the future. Sincerely, The CreditNerds

Joseph

March 23rd, 2018 Paragould, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My credit score has increased, I have gotten several items removed or repaired. They are always in contact with me to let me know the next set to take. Great people, very caring!!!!

Penny

October 16th, 2017

This company is extremely unorganized. No one called me to discuss the next steps in the process, yet they charged my card without consulting with me. Very unprofessional!

Larry Gibbs

November 6th, 2013 Jonesboro, AR

I feel like I have officially made it! We closed on our home after only six months with Eric and the Nerds. I want to thank them for the help... We couldn't have done it without them.

Jul 13, 2020

Always here if we can help!

Jason Tompson

October 31st, 2013 NM

These guys were great. New credit. New life. I couldn't be happier.

Jul 13, 2020

Pleasure working with you!

Steve Sullivan

May 13th, 2013 Frisco, TX

My name is Steve Sullivan. I am the president of Integrated Affiliates. I have had the pleasure of working with the Credit Nerds for several years and have referred tons of clients. In my business I come across people regularly who need help with their credit. I ALWAYS refer them to the Credit Nerds.

Glad to help, Steve!

Bill Jennings

May 9th, 2013 Chaska, MN

I am the president of Pathway Financial. A lot of times our clients don't qualify for our products based on credit. Throughout our 7 years, we have attempted to use multiple credit repair agencies. I say attempted because for the most part it yielded little to no results. Once I met Eric at Credit Nerds, we knew we found the guy to get the job done. He is a straight shooter, he knows what he can get done and what he can't, and in an industry like credit repair sadly, honesty is hard to come by. Credit Nerds is top notch. Professional, honest, inexpensive, and they actually get the job done. I will continue to refer all of our clients, family and friends to them with no hesitation.

Jul 13, 2020

Thanks Bill! Always a pleasure working with real professionals.

Ken

May 9th, 2013 Franklin, TN

I was nervous at first because I had tried other services like ones who claim to be a "law" company, only to be red flagged and making it harder each time I tried. CCC removed a bankruptcy, two tax liens and over 25 collections in the first few months! I couldn't be happier!

Jul 13, 2020

We are so happy to know you had a good experience.

Carilyn

May 9th, 2013 Jonesboro, AR

I thought my credit issues would just fade away until I went to buy a car and wasn't approved. It was embarrassing and I knew I had to fix my credit report in order to qualify for a house later down the line. I had no idea how to start the process of cleaning up my credit but credit nerds really eased my anxieties with their up front & honest approach. Now im on my way. Thanks credit nerds!

Jul 13, 2020

Let us know if we can ever help again in the future!

Laura

May 9th, 2013 Jonesboro, AR

I was quite impressed with the people at CreditNerds.com. When my husband and I decided to buy a house we were upset when we had trouble getting approved. They went over our reports with us line by line and helped us not only improve our credit report, but understand why it was the way it was to start with. Thank Credit Nerds...

Jul 13, 2020

Hey Laura... if you don't mind, what could we have done different to bump that four stars up to five? We love constructive criticism to help improve our processes.

Cody Noel

May 8th, 2013 Kennett, MO

Complete Credit Repair helped get my credit back in line and helped get a New Truck! Thanks CCR!!!

Thanks Cody!

sharleen self

May 8th, 2013 Cabot, AR

i am a branch manager of Top Flite Financial and it have been working with Credit Nerb for about 4 years and they have help my customer get the credit cleared so they can buy a house... i would use them any time they are great

Jul 13, 2020

We always love helping people achieve their goals!

Charles

May 8th, 2013 Peru, IN

After my wife and I got married we want to clean out the financial skeletons in our closet. We contacted Credit Nerds and they got us where we needed to be as quickly as possible. They showed us how to review our own credit (for free) so it wasn't strictly a blind trust type situation with CN, and they walked through it with us explaining the lingo. Once we were aware of what our trends were, they also helped switch to a better credit card to seriously improve our credit score with minimal hit tour finances.

Thanks Charles!

Kristen L.

May 8th, 2013 Paragould, AR

Eric and his crew are awesome! They were honest with me about every step we were taking and extremely informative. He helped me get rid of some issues on my credit report which, in turn, improved my credit score. I'd recommend this company to anyone who needs help with credit repair.

Jul 13, 2020

Thanks! We love you, too!