Clean Slate Credit Solutions

5.9

Clean Slate Credit Solutions has been in business since 2010 and provides credit repair solutions with no immediate upfront costs or monthly fees.

The New Jersey-based company has an A+ BBB rating and strives to provide credit repair education to its customers in order for them to maintain good credit in the future.

In addition to the removal of negative items, Clean Slate Credit Solutions’ customers will receive the following and more when they sign up for credit repair services:

• Monthly phone calls to discuss account progress
  • 24/7 access to a secure online portal
  • Access to a private Facebook group with credit education tips
  • Assistance with building good credit

It's important to note that Clean Slate Credit Solutions can be a more expensive alternative than some companies. Fortunately, customers can choose to cancel services at any time.

Read on to learn more about Clean Slate Credit Solutions and to read verified customer reviews

The Good

• Cancel Anytime
  • Online Transparency
  • No Monthly Credit Repair Fees

Clean Slate Credit Solutions is very upfront about what fees are associated with its services, and when clients can expect these fees to be assessed to their accounts.

Some negative items, such as personal information discrepancies and late credit payments, will be resolved free of charge, while other fees will cost between $50 and $100.

The company offers an initial free credit report consultation that will help determine if the client needs assistance with credit building, debt settlement, debt consolidation, student loan consolidation, applying for an auto loan or mortgage, or refinancing an auto loan or mortgage.

Cancel Anytime

Clean Slate Credit Solutions’ services can be canceled at any time with no additional cost or payments associated with the termination of the services.

In addition, Clean Slate Credit Solutions offers a 100 percent money-back guarantee if a customer cancels the Clean Slate credit program within the first three months.

Online Transparency

Clean Slate Credit Solutions is upfront with the associated costs and term requirements. The company’s website also discloses what it provides clients who choose its credit repair services.

Clean Slate Credit Solutions will do the following for those who sign up for its credit repair services:

• Conduct credit report consultations to determine customers’ credit file situations
  • Work with credit bureaus as well as creditors and collection agencies on behalf of customers
  • Send customized disputes
  • Provide access to credit counselors
  • Offer advanced credit repair education to ensure long-term success

The credit repair company also states on its website that it works to remove several different types of negative items including personal information, student loan consolidation, late payments, inquiries, collection accounts, charge-offs, and public records.

No Monthly Credit Repair Fees

While many credit repair companies charge a monthly fee for their services, Clean Slate Credit Solutions does not require monthly payments.

This means that consumers looking to improve their credit scores will only be paying for services rendered: a fee for the initial audit, as well as smaller fees for each individual negative item removed from their credit reports.

Because Clean Slate Credit Solutions is not a subscription service like other credit repair companies, customers who are not pleased with the company’s credit score restoration services are free to cancel at any time without needing to pay the remainder of a monthly subscription balance.

The Bad

• Unpaid Balance Fees
  • Credit Monitoring Sign Up Required
  • High Initial Audit Fee

In addition to a high audit fee, repair fees, and monthly unpaid balance fees, customers will also be required to enroll in credit monitoring with CreditScoreForMe.com within five days of signing up with Clean Slate Credit Solutions.

While the initial credit monitoring fee is only $1 for the first 30 days, customers will be required to pay $19.99 each month until their bad credit has been repaired.

Unpaid Balance Fees

Potential customers should be aware that there can be fees associated with an unpaid balance on top of all of the other Clean Slate credit program costs.

Credit Monitoring Sign Up Required

Clean Slate Credit Solutions requires customers to start paying for a credit monitoring service in addition to paying for the company’s credit repair services.

High Initial Audit Fee

Although Clean Slate Credit Solutions does not assess a monthly fee for its credit repair services, the company does charge a rather high enrollment fee of $197.

Customers may also have to deal with a number of additional fees not directly related to repairing their bad credit.

The Bottom Line

In general, the New Jersey-based credit repair company has been provided solid credit repair services since 2010.

With Clean Slate Credit Solutions, customers will only have to pay for the negative items that are removed from their credit reports.

Customers will also be able to obtain a free consultation, access to a client portal, monthly phone calls to discuss credit progress, assistance with credit building, access to credit education tools, and more.

Overall, Clean Slate Credit Solutions operates at a level of online transparency that many more well-established credit repair companies do not.

Customers are given an accurate expectation of how much they'll be required to pay for Clean Slate Credit Solutions' repair services.

Unfortunately, with so many fees and conditions that come with an account, customers may be required to pay a great deal more with Clean Slate Credit Solutions than they would with other credit repair companies.

Luckily, customers can choose to cancel services at any time. Those who cancel services within the first 180 days will be eligible for a money-back guarantee.

If you are interested in learning more about Clean Slate Credit Solutions, you may want to consider signing up for a free consultation, visiting the company’s website, and reading several Clean Slate Credit Solutions reviews.

View Best Credit Repair Companies

4.9

Lee Thomas Port Saint Lucie, FL

Midland Credit Management filed suit against me in February 2021. I became very stressed over being sued, and after receiving several pieces of mail from attorneys, I was drawn to Clean Slate Debt Services. Jeff S. was able to have the case against me Dismissed. Thanks to Jeff S. and Clean Slate Debt Services.

Jenny Santiago Brooklyn, NY

BEWARE! This company is fraud! They charge you a monthly fee to monitor your credit progress via their own portal that you cannot cancel out of. Any reputable credit repair agency asks that you monitor your credit vis the 3 actual credit bureaus! The site goes through rounds of so called processes of what they are disputing, they list certified mail numbers for each round of dispute letters they send out, funny how YOU, the client, cannot get a copy of any letters in regards to disputes from YOUR credit report, and NONE of the 3 credit bureaus (6 months in) have any disputes listed! Credit bureaus send out notices acknowledging they received your dispute usually within 30 days, it's 6 months later and NOT ONE AGENCY has a dispute on file! Beware of credit repair agencies that ask you to sign up for credit lines you have to pay for like jewelry sites, but should not use and last only 1 year before you need to pay again! This is how they reel you in, why do I need to invest $500 per year for credit lines I cannot use and renew every year to keep them on my profile??? I believe they may be getting a percentage of everyone who signs up for those jewelry credit lines. So you have hundreds of people paying a sign on fee, a monthly fee to view your credit progress on their portal, plus additional fees to get credit lines you shouldn’t use??? No wonder the guy drives a BENTLEY! When this was brought to their attention, the rep assigned to my case had the nerve to entertain an email thread informing me that their practices were legal and the AUDACITY to take credit for my scores going up, I had no idea that me paying my bills on time was some groundbreaking advice they only offer! My credit, of course went up because I pay my bills, not because of anything they did, 6 months later and nothing was removed or even disputed! They have educational sessions on FB where every session they will only try to sway you into signing up for the credit lines, this is why I believe they are profiting from those! STAY AWAY!!!

Abdoul Wallingford, CT

DONT believe the fake reviews like I did.I took a chance with this company about a year ago and been little to no help. I barley could even get in contact with them after they have u sign up. They claim the “coach” but they never keep in touch with you to let you know what’s goin on with your credit all you get is the same emails telling you to sign up for the same programs.Save your time and money and go with a bigger and more established company and get it done right the first time

Shahlisa Shirley Winter Garden, FL

I was really excited to get started. When I did, I was still ok with paying so much to get my credit repaired. I started in April 2020 and it is now 10/2/2020. I get emails from them asking if I have any questions (never answer them), I get emails saying they are backed up. There has never been an update to my client portal so I have no idea where I am with my credit. I am trying to purchase a home by the end of the year, but won't happen due to the inconsistency and "covid 19 delays". I see other credit repair companies charge less and have better, quicker and an overall better result.

John Perkins West Haven, CT

They are very transparent. Communication is great, very knowledgeable, and thorough with what they do. Have been with them since May and under a month my score has jumped 60 points. Working to continue to get my score atleast 100-150 points higher. Yvonne is a wonderful credit manager. Looking forward to the journey. Month one has been amazing. - John P

Jose Morales Rochelle Park, NJ

August 2019 company is still doing amazing by me me highly recommend.. Actually spoke to Jose and explained what I thought there was going on in my file unfortunately in my situation they have to do extra rounds. But people they only charge for deleting items no monthly fees so yea its 100% favorable towards clients. We are going to move forward and hopefully get this resolve. I take some blame on this as well. I highly recommend clean slate and beatriz as your credit coach.

Olga

http://www.cleanslatecredit.org Antonio been wonderful during the process of fixing my credit he is always a phone call, a text or an email away. He is always really quick at responding in a timely manner and keeping you all informed every step of the way which is crucial when it comes to situations like this despise being across the nation from one another and the different time zone. I can't say it enough wonderful things about him and his company. I'm beyond grateful for all the assistance he's providing me and like other companies he is down to business not wasting your time and getting things done fast. He gives an evaluation of your credit from the very beginning and explain to you everything step by step. If you want someone to be in your corner fighting like a angry pitbull Antonio is your guy and wont be disappointed and it would be the best money invested ever that can open the doors for wonderful opportunities with a great credit score. He is also honest about his prices and doesn't overcharge or have any hidden fees. He send you proof of his work, makes you feel comfortable and delivers results.

Kelvin Montero Lakehurst, NJ

Best agency !!! We’re you see results for a small fee!!!!

Veronica Wilson Memphis, TN

I just wanted to build up my credit it's not really bad

Reply from Clean Slate Credit Solutions

Veronica, you are not a client of ours nor do we have you in our system. I ask that you either delete the review or change to 5 stars. We have never received anything less than 5 stars and do everything we can to have the highest rating possible.

Feb. 12th, 2018

Yomaira Rodriguez South Ozone Park, NY

Although I didn't get the chance to speak to Jose personally I had a great experience with this company. They did as promised. They really helped my credit. Today I have a great credit line thanks to them. Have already recommended people and would definitely keep recommending. Thanks for the help.

Reply from Clean Slate Credit Solutions

Thank you so much Yomaira. I am glad my team was able to help. If you ever have any questions in the future, please send me an email.

Feb. 12th, 2018

Justin

I was referred and they were so excellent with communication and they provided me with what I need it in the past probably actually faster than I even expected and they’re still working on it all I can say is amazing!

Kerrie Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

Seriously can’t thank you guys enough! Never could have done this on my own. You guys rock!

Angela Alston Alarcon Morrisville, PA

My experience with Clean slate credit solutions was AWESOME!! They cleaned up my credit while giving awesome advice on how to build it!! You will not be disappointed!

Yvette Burgos Brooklyn, NY

Clean slate has helped me through the credit process so much the first couple of months my score went up Tremendously I had a lot of negative items on my report ,something I thought I would never be able to fix .Now I have 5 cards on my account in good standing just started with brand new.. fingerhut was the first one to help me out and gave me a credit increase right away once I paid it off .. Now my score is 739 which I can’t be more happy about thank you Clean slate!!!!

Diane Flushing, NY

They are amazing! They know their stuff and you see significant improvements in a short time. In addition, they are super professional knowledgeable and responsive which makes the process easy. I highly recommend them!!

Tiffany L New Bedford, MA

Patience is needed as the credit repair process can be lengthy. I am pleased with my overall outcome and higher credit score. Thanks, Clean Slate!

Catherine Navarro

This company is outstanding and very trustworthy! Thank you for your wonderful service and for the affordable price.

Emmett Jones

Great customer service and reasonable prices!

Lisa Dyson Glassboro, NJ

Afterwards reading about credit repair you price stability stands forth as the most of many price quotes~Lisa Dyson

Jennifer Rivera Trenton, NJ

Clean Slate Credit Solutions is a great company built on determination, honesty and loyalty to all their customers. Jose's advice and lessons continue to help me put my financial status back on track. I'm beyond grateful for his hard work and professionalism.

Maria Bloomfield, NJ

Clean Slate Credit Solutions are an amazing company. They get the job done! They won't stop until it's accomplished to improve your credit. Jose personally even follows up to make sure all is well after using their services. I would definitely recommend their services.

ria Edwards

Clean Slate Credit Solutions helped my husband and I better understand our credit, it's worth and the ability to clean and rebuild. The experience was hassle free and overall extremely positive. Questions were always answered and advice was provided. I would recommend them to anyone.

Damion Hepburn Philadelphia, PA

My experience with Clean Slate Credit Solutions was the best! Scheduled appointments was always on time, and the staff always gave courtesy to follow up with me. Any time I had a question I was able to logon to the portal ask questions, and was answered in a timely fashion. Excellent company and would recommend them to everyone I know in need of credit repair.

Yvonne Kapitza Port Washington, NY

Jose and his entire team are awesome, I highly recommend using their services. The only thing you will lose is your bad credit. With the help of their services you will enjoy a wonderful clean slate high credit score for the rest of your life.

Javier Machavelo

Exelent service and very helpful education on keeping your credit on track!! Hand by hand work with this team!! This is a winning team!! Congrats!!

Suset Carter

Clean Slate helped me remove negative items, open up new lines of credit and increased my score by more than 100 points! I highly recommend Jose, Keller, and their team.

J Melendez

Clean slate is the best around, outstanding services & highly recommended!

Erika Flores Los Angeles, CA

Great customer service. Been with them almost a year and they have tremendously helped me improve my credit scores. I couldn't be more happier. Every question I needed answer was received back in a timely manner. Never once did I feel like I was being ignored. I was able to get a new car on my own with the new credit scores I have now.

Craig Martin

Jose and his team are amazing. They go the extra mile for you and care about their clients. They know all avenues of the credit repair business, the best around!!!

Cheyenne g. Los Angeles, CA

I am very impressed with the level of care and customer service that I got from clean slate. They don't have a "call center" with people who are not very bright attempting to assist you (like many other companies do) when you call up there you actually speak to the owner or someone who really cares about you and is very knowledgeable. I am so thrilled with the results I got from using this service, it's not just about consuladiting debt. It's about transforming your credit report and score and I can't believe it really works!!!! My life has compleatly changed since they helped me fix my credit. (A car loan and beautiful home that I was not able to get until They fixed my credit.) I like the pricing structure, you pay monthly and only to the extent that they are able to help you. If there's something they can't fix, they don't just charge you a fee for "trying" like some other places do. If you're not ready to get responsible with money and not abuse your new credit cards, then don't use a service like this. if you use this service, you WiILL get approved for credit cards and you have to be ready to use them responsibly so you can rebuild your score. My score has been steadily climbing up for a year now and I can't tell you how good it feels!!!

selina Murray sims

CleanSlate is a really good company that help u personally with your needs they have gotten my credit rate up 250 plus points up they keep u aware of all your needs I would recommend if u want good credit sign up with CleanSlate Credit Repai

Karim Abdelrazek

I used Clean Slate to repair my credit and I couldn't have asked for a better team of professionals to get the job done! Thank you Clean Slate!!

Naida I

I am very satisfied and happy with the end results and service Clean Slate credit solution provided for me. Jose and others at the company were very helpful and persistent in making sure you stay focus on keeping your accounts' payment on time. Love their service will recommend to anyone.

AJ Camden, NJ

I've been working with Clean Slate Credit Solutions for a year and I've been blown away by how they have been able to not only clean my credit but educate me on how to be responsible with my credit. Also they genuinely care about what they do, helping their customers, and are happy when something good (like getting a credit line increase house or car) happens for their customers. Working with Clean Slate was a great decision!!

Genesis Bronx, NY

Jose is excellent and easy to work with he is also easy to contact Clean slate solutions is also affordable would definitely recommend to anyone trying to fix or build credit No hidden fees!!!

Jennifer E Belmar, NJ

Cleanslate credit solutions gave me a new lease on life! As a college student, you don't always adequately evaluate how your financial decisions will affect your future. I didn't and effectively made it impossible to financially function as an adult in a world that revolves around your credit score. With the help of Jose and his team, I was able to clean up my credit (up 100 points in a short time!), finance a car, get approved for an apartment, and the rest is history. Thank you Jose!

Janelle Lake Worth, FL

Clean Slate was very efficient in helping me build my credit score and be approved for a mortgage within a year of working with them! They were up front, honest, and affordable. I would recommend them to anyone looking to build their credit!

Elizabeth Moskal Teaneck, NJ

Clean Slate did an amazing job in helping me fix and repair my credit score. They came through and did everything they said they would! Outstanding service!

Enid Moyeno Succasunna, NJ

The best credit repair business in nj. I've recommend it to everyone. With their help, I accomplished everything I planned. My credit went from 513 to 650 in 6 months. I am extremely happy with their services. Well worth the money.

DJ J STAR

Credit went from 470 to 700 in less then 2 month. Jose and the team are great at communicating. They made everything so easy. Best part is that there super affordable!

Bud Carter

You guys are amazing. Literally one of the best decisions of my life was signing up with you guys to fix my credit. I tried a couple of other places and they dragged their feet, and wasted my money. You guys got straight to the point and produced results. Also, your live videos are very informative and provide incredible tools to help me and so many other people. Clean slate is a God send. Thank you guys so much.

Jessica C Centereach, NY

Clean slate credit solutions is by far the best Credit repair company out there! If you're looking for a team that gets the job done, then you've come to the right place! As a teen, I charged up my credit cards, not thinking of the consequences. Jose and his team were able to delete every discrepancy from my report, allowing me to finally be free from the mistakes I made when I was younger. I am forever grateful that I found you guys. Thank you!

Zai Namaste Newark, NJ

The best period.... thank you for outstanding services.... highly recommended....

Mitchell Tolbert

Initially I was disappointed with their process because it was not completely apparent how their system works. However, when I did bring up my issues, to their credit, they immediately began addressing them. Their attorney actually filed a class action suit against one of the collection agencies on my bureau all at no cost to me.

Michael Sullivan

Clean slate saved me I was in the 500 now in the 700 this is far best credit repair places to go to you will be amazed in what they do very nice customer service once you join they become family!!!! Number one in my book

Alan Meekins

There are many great things about Clean Slate, but no one out there can beat them by pulling your credit history for FREE, without any hassles. Every other company I tried out there have all these hidden ways of telling you, that you have to provide your own print out which is "BULL". Also, they guarantee their work, and back-up everything they say, the most honest business to deal with. Thats what happens when a business is built off of the experience of one of the military's finest.

Ms. Ortiz Parsippany, NJ

Clean Slate Credit is a great company I have the pleasure of working with within the last 2 years . I was looking to increase my credit score and have someone review my credit history and errors on it. Jose is a pleasant, professional businessman. The key factor of his company is the excellent 24/7 customer service. How many people you know in this industry will work 24/7 to correct clients credit reports. My credit report was pulled nuemorous times with auhtorization free of charge. No fee at all. I'm proud to say this company has change my life. I recommeded family and friends to used his services if you looking to make changes, apply for a loan or increase your score. If I can rate his company it would be beyond a 10.....

Tim Walker CA

What can I say about Clean Slate Credit Solution? Oh I know great service with genuine people. Working with this company has made me more aware and has really encouraged me to take better care of my credit. I would recommend this company to anyone. Even if you think or know your credit is great there are still a lot of things that you can be educated on. Thanks Jose.

Jose R Asbury Park, NJ

I am only at the beginning of my credit repair process and have had an extremely positive experience with Jose. Jose pulled my credit report with my permission and immediately went to work on repairing my credit. I look forward to seeing the amazing result I know I will get with this company. While the company is young that is by no means an indication of the knowledge that Jose has in the field or the professional experience you will get with this company.

Jemand Eze Asbury Park, NJ

All I know is, I was able to get an awesome deal on my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee because Clean Slate raised my credit score from 650 to 810, In less than 4 months.. True Story. And for that, I am eternally greatful. And I'll keep referring my clients to them.. Thanks guys! :)